Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,379 members, 7,836,539 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 09:36 AM

Inside Story Of Why Dasuki Is In Trouble - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Inside Story Of Why Dasuki Is In Trouble (37812 Views)

Why Dasuki Will Remain In Detention – Presidency / Why Dasuki Will End Up In Prison – Buhari / FFK: Hell Will Let Loose If El-zakzaky, Kanu Or Dasuki Is Murdered In Custody (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Inside Story Of Why Dasuki Is In Trouble by ManTiger(m): 11:49am On Jul 18, 2015
hedonistic:
I don't see how the "recovery" of 3 guns and a mere $40,000 adds any value or spice to the DSS invasion of his house. As a retired senior military officer and NSA for that matter, you would expect him to have guns for personal protection, so what? Then $40k is roughly N10 million. That can't even buy a good car these days; the pure water Toyota Prado that litters Abuja streets costs at least N15 million. Even many mistresses and high class ashawos in Lagos, Port Harcourt and Abuja have that in cash or jewellery in their rooms, so big deal?

Tell us something more meaningful. If he embezzled billions of dollars, where is the evidence? Where is the money trail?

See reasons?

So you expect them to find Bullion Van and Armoury Tank in his house before you believe a thing?

The country was highly mismanaged under his watch and the Otuoke man but you sees nothing bad in that. These guys led many soldiers to their earlier grave, he was just indicted with Billion of Dollars and you just think it's all about 40k dolls and 3 riffles?

Bro, check yourself sir.

1 Like

Re: Inside Story Of Why Dasuki Is In Trouble by Joeoku78: 11:58am On Jul 18, 2015
This is a corrective govt of Buhari. So he was elected by nigerians to salvage the country from economic collapse and rid the country of corruption. That is what the president is doing now. Those found wanting directly or indirectly will face the music. Nigeria have gone a long way as a corrupt nation ruled by corrupt politicians and military leaders who were corrupt too except the military regime of GMB of 984 to 1985.
Nigerians must be happy for electing a no nonsense president who is capable of stepping on toes no matter how highly placed in the society. That is Buhari . My vote was not wasted.

1 Like

Re: Inside Story Of Why Dasuki Is In Trouble by collinsVP: 12:07pm On Jul 18, 2015
tete7000:

You don't get justice by recourse to impunity. Offenders no matter how guilty their offence is must be treated with respect and dignity. if in course of fighting for justice a 'supposedly good leader' set a bad precedence, tomorrow another terrible leader comes in and use the structure he used to perpetrate evil. Furthermore impunity when left unquestioned gradually leads to anarchy. When you too are picked and treated with disdain, there will be no one to defend you even if it can be proven you are innocent. It is for the good of all that impunity must not be allowed to stay. Dasuki until proven guilty must be treated with utmost respect and dignity. This is basic tenet of moral law - You don't confront evil with another evil. It doesn't work on the long run.

Dear, it is due to impunity in the system that a leader who has interest of his subject at heart would want to defile all odds to achieve result.

I have so many instances where due process had failed but will give you one. Former governor of Enugu state money laundry scandal has been in EFCC/court for the past 8 years and he even contested for senatorial seat in the last election. Am from Enugu and I know he is guilty to his marrow but he walks the street free. So, what do you make out of that. That gives you a crew into why we ought to do things differently as a matter of expediency.

God bless you.
Re: Inside Story Of Why Dasuki Is In Trouble by ngoziama: 12:11pm On Jul 18, 2015
HungerBAD:
■The multi-billion dollar terror fund link
■ $40,000 cash, 3 guns, travel documents recovered in DSS search

FROM ADE ALADE, ABUJA

Contrary to in­sinuations that President Mu­hammadu Bu­hari ordered the arrest of former National Security Adviser, Col Sambo Da­suki because he was the Army officer who led sol­diers to arrest him (Bu­hari) on the day he was overthrown as military Head of State in August 1985, facts emerging from the security circle indi­cate that the retired Army Colonel is wanted in con­nection with multi-billion dollar funds domiciled in his office as NSA.

Between Thursday eve­ning and 6pm yesterday (Friday), Department of State Security Service (DSS) operatives had been searching for Dasuki in his Abuja and Sokoto homes. Though, he was believed to be in his Abuja home. He eventually allowed the DSS detectives to enter his house to execute a search warrant. At the end of the search, it was learnt that items recovered from the house included $40,000, three automatic rifles and his travel documents. The operatives thereafter va­cated the house.

It was however gathered that all funds budgeted for the war against Boko Ha­ram terror and other securi­ty issues were all domiciled in the office of Dasuki as NSA. There are allegations that some of the huge funds were diverted for some ex­traneous purposes rather than the prosecution of the war against terror.

It was also learnt that defence contracts, includ­ing purchase of arms and ammunition that used to be under the Ministry of Defence, were taken over by Dasuki. He dominated the environment, so much so that the Ministry of De­fence was no longer in the know about these transac­tions as they were fully taken over by the office of the NSA.

With huge funds under his control, Service Chiefs and other security chiefs also began reporting to Da­suki, it is alleged.

Saturday Sun further gathered that the disburse­ment of over $3 billion USD already expended in the fight against Boko Ha­ram, was presided over by Dasuki. At a point in time, the funds were also alleg­edly used to finance the ruling Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) then especial­ly during the electioneering campaign. Inside sources also say that the immediate past Service Chiefs ought to be quizzed because they also were parties to the disbursement of the terror funds.

It was further gathered that under Dasuki, Min­istry of Defence became toothless and a mere feath­erweight, a development that had never happened before in the nation’s his­tory.

At a point, former Minis­ter of Defence, Gen. Aliyu Gusau became disgruntled and wanted to go because Dasuki took over some of his duties. The former Min­ister felt he was just warm­ing seat. Another reliable security source added that the invasion of Dasuki’s residence by DSS opera­tives has nothing to do with whether he led a team of soldiers to arrest Buhari on Sallah Day some years ago.

“Some people have been trying to portray Buhari as being unforgiving, venge­ful, and that he never for­gets. This is not true and has no connection with the effort to arrest the former ex-NSA. DDS invasion of Dasuki’s house has nothing to do with Buhari. Simply put, his travails with the DSS has to do with bil­lions of terror funds he dis­bursed as NSA”, the source stressed.

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/inside-story-of-why-dasuki-is-in-trouble/

Amaechi sponsored buharis campaign with which monety
PAregbesola sponsored it too now he cant pay salaries

Tinubu wealth remains questionable.
Honestly if this regime continues like this then we are in for real bad time.buhari start the probe from after the coup that led to your exit otherwise this selective and commando approach will not work ohhh . There are more pressing issues facing nigeria than the shadows being pursued.
Re: Inside Story Of Why Dasuki Is In Trouble by kariit98: 12:11pm On Jul 18, 2015
On the contrary, only poor people think that $40,000 is too much money. Where do you stay self. Even seen an Abuja senator at his profligate best? $40,000 is chicken change. This people have more. They hoard forex like that. Dasuki's travails is a witch hunt at best. because we are complaining now of APC, when the PDP go this way, we have to complain too but better not be defensive when the table turns. Think beyond the Amala and Ewedu before you, think!!

themilanway:

This is how broke and poverty stricken people talk and think.$40,000 is mere?You that haven't touch a $100 dollar in your wretched life thinks $40,000 is mere.

And those that were busy running their mouth of how and why the DSS didn't obtain a search warrant before going to arrest the man should bury their hypocrites head in shame.

I will keep saying it PDP/Jonathan supporters are the most hypocrital beings alive any where in the world.
Re: Inside Story Of Why Dasuki Is In Trouble by tete7000(m): 12:23pm On Jul 18, 2015
collinsVP:

Dear, it is due to impunity in the system that a leader who has interest of his subject at heart would want to defile all odds to achieve result.

I have so many instances where due process had failed but will give you one. Former governor of Enugu state money laundry scandal has been in EFCC/court for the past 8 years and he even contested for senatorial seat in the last election. Am from Enugu and I know he is guilty to his marrow but he walks the street free. So, what do you make out of that. That gives you a crew into why we ought to do things differently as a matter of expediency.

God bless you.

I get you argument and feel your pain but I still believe that we should rather think of how to make our moribund institutions work rather than resort to impunity. On the long run, impunity does not sanitise the system rather it pushes into more chaos. Yes, on a short term it might look good but bet me you it will all degenerate into confusion and anarchy. By then even the leader would have lost the moral right to fight as he would have been as guilty as the people he is fighting to prosecute. The wheel of justice they say grind so slowly but no matter what patience we need to exercise, it always worth the effort and patience put into ensuring we do thing the correct way all the time. He who go to equity they say must go with clean hands.
Re: Inside Story Of Why Dasuki Is In Trouble by camaraderi(m): 12:25pm On Jul 18, 2015
hedonistic:
I don't see how the "recovery" of 3 guns and a mere $40,000 adds any value or spice to the DSS invasion of his house. As a retired senior military officer and NSA for that matter, you would expect him to have guns for personal protection, so what? Then $40k is roughly N10 million. That can't even buy a good car these days; the pure water Toyota Prado that litters Abuja streets costs at least N15 million. Even many mistresses and high class ashawos in Lagos, Port Harcourt and Abuja have that in cash or jewellery in their rooms, so big deal?

Tell us something more meaningful. If he embezzled billions of dollars, where is the evidence? Where is the money trail?

Seriously it's either you are very DUMB or ignorant (dumb capitalized) and do the maths $40,000×230=#9,200,000. 9.2m in cash. Is he a thrift collector abi na marketer for bank. If i was buhari I will arrest him and he will be kept in DMI cell in Lagos

1 Like

Re: Inside Story Of Why Dasuki Is In Trouble by double0seven(m): 12:42pm On Jul 18, 2015
People should stop being clever by half.
DSS merely declared what they they found in the conducted official search.
Did they say they Dasuki's possession of $40k or four guns is a crime.

The search must have been conducted to see if they would find some evidence of his alleged crime: like documents, papers etc.
Re: Inside Story Of Why Dasuki Is In Trouble by 4everGrand(m): 12:49pm On Jul 18, 2015
hedonistic:

Mere $40,000? Must you let the whole world know your level of intelligence? Let's put a face to the name too.

Mscheeew.

1 Like

Re: Inside Story Of Why Dasuki Is In Trouble by ideylaff: 1:31pm On Jul 18, 2015
UlqU3:

You lack wisdom.

Retired officers Major upwards are only allowed their service pistol and nothing more.

Surely the Guns seen at his place do not belong to his security details. Rifles are not just discovered without bn on the person meant to be
Using the rifles.

The most a Major General will have in his house will be a pistol and a Rifle with permit from the Inspector General of Police, why has Dasuki not shown jus within minutes of be found on his premises.

Even when military security guards are changed on shifts, each person has their own assigned rifles.

I knew they had a search warrant and the entire internet was reporting half information

I'm also Privy to a few mates who worked closely with Dasuki while he was NSA. They made a huge stupid amount of money and I keep telling them how can you sleep at night in your bed by using money meant for the Nation to enjoy yourselves and live false life.

Got the opportunity to be a registered defence contractor which I turned down, I did not even need to lift a finger the contract was going to be allocated, signed and not a thing done but just my signature as a registered company

God help us all in this country. P
I know a few SW peeps close to Dasuki who made Billions from him

Shame on them all

Mr Y A, Mr B O all in Abuja

Prince G S of Ile Ife, it's not fair, repent and return the funds you did not do work for as well as the arms bought and diverted to BH highly classified

Guys there is a GOD
Re: Inside Story Of Why Dasuki Is In Trouble by mechanics(m): 1:38pm On Jul 18, 2015
If found guilty, he must cough out the stolen monies.
Re: Inside Story Of Why Dasuki Is In Trouble by Courageous007(m): 1:43pm On Jul 18, 2015
hedonistic:

All the enemies and supporters of evil doer shall be put to shame without exception.
Re: Inside Story Of Why Dasuki Is In Trouble by kraftykc(m): 1:46pm On Jul 18, 2015
drss:
Three guns were found in his home, so what? Is he not a retired soldier? $40,000 found in his home: Well, that amount is a lot smaller compared to the $3 billion allegedly misappropriated by Dasuki.
But who cares? The zoo must fall.

Actually NOBODY in Nigeria is allowed to own an automatic weapon, be u an ex-soldier, ex-ninja, ex-governor or exhibit.

1 Like

Re: Inside Story Of Why Dasuki Is In Trouble by ijustdey: 2:08pm On Jul 18, 2015
babajero:
. So why is tinubu still walking free.

Was Tinubu implicated as one of those that undermine the fight against insurgency...
Re: Inside Story Of Why Dasuki Is In Trouble by Obipat(m): 2:11pm On Jul 18, 2015
Where is dat foolish ijaw boy called barcanist, it is on record that all the ijaw ppl I have met both online are unreasonable. PMB please pobe GEJ vry.
Re: Inside Story Of Why Dasuki Is In Trouble by ideylaff: 2:12pm On Jul 18, 2015
kraftykc:

Actually NOBODY in Nigeria is allowed to own an automatic weapon, be u an ex-soldier, ex-ninja, ex-governor or exhibit.

Spot on and well said
Re: Inside Story Of Why Dasuki Is In Trouble by jaytee01(m): 2:19pm On Jul 18, 2015
collinsVP:
The main objective is to recover the public fund ear-marked and disbursed to him but was never put to use.

Anybody asking for evidence and why democratic principles are not been observed, should,

1. give me an evidence that the woman you call mummy is actually your mother.

2. Tell me if any probe on misappropriation of public fund subjected to democratic process ever achieved it's desired result under GEJ. How many committee did he set up in his regime to probe one case of misappropriation or the other? Was any resolved?

Since we desire a different result, we must learn to do things differently. And the approach is the adoption of what I call "the concept of expediency". It is not always right to sideline democratic process but could also be expedient to sideline it when the desired result is for the interest of the Nigeria citizenry.

All actions and inactions of Nigeria leadership that has human face is OK by me.

God bless Nigeria.
Supported, like the Doctrine of Necessity!

1 Like

Re: Inside Story Of Why Dasuki Is In Trouble by bakila: 2:39pm On Jul 18, 2015
hedonistic:
I don't see how the "recovery" of 3 guns and a mere $40,000 adds any value or spice to the DSS invasion of his house. As a retired senior military officer and NSA for that matter, you would expect him to have guns for personal protection, so what? Then $40k is roughly N10 million. That can't even buy a goodcar these days; the pure water Toyota Prado that litters Abuja streets costs at least N15 million. Even many mistresses and high class ashawos in Lagos, Port Harcourt and Abuja have that in cash or jewellery in their rooms, so big deal?

A student of stealing is not corruption, defending his THESIS with the "how much nwobodo stole" submission.
Re: Inside Story Of Why Dasuki Is In Trouble by drss(m): 2:59pm On Jul 18, 2015
HiGod:

You are an animal just like your parents who beget you cos it's only animals that live in Zoo.

If you fools-Igbos really want to have your own Biafra easily without any issues, take these 3 steps and see other Nigerians taking you serious....

I can assure you and other Igbos with my life that if you guys could stick to these 5 steps, Biafra ll be yours before you blink.

However, if you refuse to take these steps, it ll be clear to the whole world that you guys are nothing but cowards and chest beaters.

1.) Recall all your senators and house of representative members from National Assembly with immediate effect

2.) Tell all Igbo appointees to vacate their seats at Federal level with immediate effect and relocate to South East

3.) Mandate all your kinsmen in your perceived enemies territories-South West and Northern part of the country to relocate back to South East.

4.) Mandate all Igbo children, sons and daughters out of South West free education at primary level, universities in the North and West

5.) To fast track/speed up your departure from Nigeria, attack South Westerners and Northerners in your own region
We are working towards that. Very soon all Biafran citizens will leave the Zoo.
Re: Inside Story Of Why Dasuki Is In Trouble by ogundeleai(m): 3:01pm On Jul 18, 2015
If the personalty involve is from other region, the move will be tag as ethnic hatred. Because he serve under defeated party, he's being hunted. Sooner it will be place under religion sentiment.. I wonder what actually one can do to make this country better and will be applauded by All especially thiose that find it difficult to live worthy lives as a result of greedy leaders..
One thing I conclude about those making comments after reading story in this forum is that many would ultimately believe that what ever they wrote after reading certain story not to have been if they take little breath and think deeply about story they read... Most comment here are not only hasty but baseless rejoinder

1 Like

Re: Inside Story Of Why Dasuki Is In Trouble by HiGod: 3:08pm On Jul 18, 2015
drss:

We are working towards that. Very soon all Biafran citizens will leave the Zoo.

In jesus name.....Amen!!!!

1 Like

Re: Inside Story Of Why Dasuki Is In Trouble by Otunbatrafford: 3:32pm On Jul 18, 2015
Under Jonathan, Nigeria witnessed all kinds of aberration and extremely abnormal events. With his dubious cohorts , accounts were opened to warehouse proceeds of illegal transactions for the purpose of using such funds to finance his reelection ambition. No wonder the Federal Government was very weak in tackling the menace of Boko haram. In every areas of our National life, there were in-prints of Jonathan's destruction. Talk of Education, Health, infrastructure, Defense, maritime, transportation.
Re: Inside Story Of Why Dasuki Is In Trouble by sammyj: 6:00pm On Jul 18, 2015
And why must he be in possession of three 3 guns !!! shocked cool
drss:
Three guns were found in his home, so what? Is he not a retired soldier? $40,000 found in his home: Well, that amount is a lot smaller compared to the $3 billion allegedly misappropriated by Dasuki.
But who cares? The zoo must fall.
Re: Inside Story Of Why Dasuki Is In Trouble by xklucvG: 6:33pm On Jul 18, 2015
PUSH1:
All I can say is that he is Boko Haram sponsor until proven not guilty but I doubt. I like it as he was taken unaware

Who's next!

IBB and OBJ.
Re: Inside Story Of Why Dasuki Is In Trouble by Aprl: 7:12pm On Jul 18, 2015
Has DSS turned EFCC over night? Na wa for this govt of Lawlessness
Re: Inside Story Of Why Dasuki Is In Trouble by DonXavi(m): 10:35pm On Jul 18, 2015
N
Re: Inside Story Of Why Dasuki Is In Trouble by mellow(m): 10:12am On Jul 20, 2015
It is amazing that someone can call $40k mere! Mario Balotteli was arrested for been in possession of 5k pounds.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Dino Melaye Demands Refund Of Funds From Party Agents After Loosing Kogi Guber / Buhari: I Felt Like Absconding When I Assumed Office / Wike: PDP Can’t Win Presidential Election Without Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.