Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,086 members, 7,814,766 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:21 PM

Homosexuals Storm National Assembly - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Homosexuals Storm National Assembly (30342 Views)

Pro Obanikoro Storm National Assembly / Police release NEW VIDEO: Extraordinary Scenes Inside Nigeria National Assembly / Homosexuals Storm National Assembly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (32) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Homosexuals Storm National Assembly by desgiezd(m): 1:20pm On Mar 12, 2009
Fhemmmy:

they must be out of the freaking mind to even allow kids that knows nothing about their foolishness to wear those T-shirt, they just using those kids.

WORD!!

My fear is that if the parents of those kids don't watch out now, the kids may grow up thinking that that shameless practice is the norm and that is where the danger lies.
Re: Homosexuals Storm National Assembly by Afam4eva(m): 1:22pm On Mar 12, 2009
They should have been flogged.
Re: Homosexuals Storm National Assembly by DRANOEL(m): 1:23pm On Mar 12, 2009
Badriyyah:

Lmao, I'm a GIRL, Funny enough black people were hanged and burned on the stake in the past, I wonder what would have happened if ppl didn't step in?? Mmhmm, Idiot.

who told you females aint gay? lesbinos! you know your problem? you really need a big hard one now to make you think straight
Re: Homosexuals Storm National Assembly by Badriyyah(f): 1:23pm On Mar 12, 2009
desgiezd:

WORD!!

My fear is that if the parents of those kids don't watch out now, the kids may grow up thinking that that shameless practice is the norm and that is where the danger lies.

Did you even read what was writting on the Shirts? undecided
Re: Homosexuals Storm National Assembly by desgiezd(m): 1:23pm On Mar 12, 2009
Badriyyah:

Thank you Mr Spell Check.

And I don't need anyone to judge me because I AM NOT GAY. What? You guys think it's so wierd that a straight person has no problem with gay ppl? Sorry, but I don't doubt my sexuality. grin.

Don't mention it. But pay attention to your spellings next time.

By their fruits we shall know them. If you ain't gay then stop defending them with all your might. Allow gay people defend themselves.
Re: Homosexuals Storm National Assembly by Badriyyah(f): 1:26pm On Mar 12, 2009
DRANOEL:

who told you females aint gay? lesbinos! you know your problem? you really need a big hard one now to make you think straight

No thank you, My fiance is man enough for me. cool. It seems you're the one that's crazing for a hard one.
Re: Homosexuals Storm National Assembly by asha80(m): 1:26pm On Mar 12, 2009
.They should have been flogged.

shocked  shocked  grin
Re: Homosexuals Storm National Assembly by DRANOEL(m): 1:28pm On Mar 12, 2009
Badriyyah:

No thank you, My fiance is man enough for me. cool. It seems you're the one that's crazing for a hard one.

your fiance called mary right?
Re: Homosexuals Storm National Assembly by MrCrackles(m): 1:29pm On Mar 12, 2009
Did anyone actually read what was on the shirt the kids were rocking?
Re: Homosexuals Storm National Assembly by Badriyyah(f): 1:30pm On Mar 12, 2009
desgiezd:

Don't mention it. But pay attention to your spellings next time.

By their fruits we shall know them. If you ain't gay then stop defending them with all your might. Allow gay people defend themselves.

lol, I was waiting for that line. I'll defend anyone, especially when people are calling for their heads.
Re: Homosexuals Storm National Assembly by hajifaty: 1:31pm On Mar 12, 2009
Oyinbo pple no go kill us oooo with their gay democrazzzzzzzzzzzzy. people never protest about the corrupt govts but all they want is right for fucking their same sex ass.
Re: Homosexuals Storm National Assembly by desgiezd(m): 1:31pm On Mar 12, 2009
DRANOEL:

shocked shocked   grin grin
Re: Homosexuals Storm National Assembly by Badriyyah(f): 1:31pm On Mar 12, 2009
DRANOEL:

lol, I forgot how ignorant some Nigerians are, so I won't even bother responding to your stupid remarks. grin
Re: Homosexuals Storm National Assembly by Badriyyah(f): 1:32pm On Mar 12, 2009
MrCrackles:

Did anyone actually read what was on the shirt the kids were rocking?

I don't think so.
Re: Homosexuals Storm National Assembly by Nobody: 1:32pm On Mar 12, 2009
Homosexuality has no place in a THEOCRACY (govt based on religion)

but Nigeria is not a theocracy- it is a democracy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Democracy

excerpt

In political theory, democracy describes a small number of related forms of government and also a political philosophy. Even though there is no universally accepted definition of 'democracy',[3] there are two principles that any definition of democracy includes. The first principle is that all members of the society (citizens) have equal access to power and the second that all members (citizens) enjoy universally recognized freedoms and liberties

you cannot eat your cake and have it; you cannot expect that the freedoms of a Democratic society should not apply to ALL members of society.
Re: Homosexuals Storm National Assembly by desgiezd(m): 1:37pm On Mar 12, 2009
Badriyyah:

I'll defend anyone, especially when people are calling for their heads.

Even when the head owners are willing to let go of their heads?
Re: Homosexuals Storm National Assembly by Badriyyah(f): 1:39pm On Mar 12, 2009
desgiezd:

Even when the head owners are willing to let go of their heads?

Did gay people say they are willing to let go of their heads? smiley
Re: Homosexuals Storm National Assembly by georgecso(m): 2:09pm On Mar 12, 2009
@ Badriyyah & Co
I beg make una cool down and we should not result into persoal attacks smiley smiley smiley

The BIG question is CAN SAME SEX MARRIAGE LEADS TO PROCREATION?

Thats is if you really know what marriage entails otherwise I think this is public display of selfishness and lust of the highest order that could spell doom to our fragile society.
Re: Homosexuals Storm National Assembly by lucabrasi(m): 2:11pm On Mar 12, 2009
@badriyah
why dont you oblidge us of the parts in nigeria where homosexuality was practised prior to the present time to back your wild and spurious claims?
from what i know,traditional religion which has been in practise before the arrival of the colonialists forbids these sort of acts and all religions are unanimous in their condemnation of it,if you want to practise your homosexuality,feel free to do so outside nigeria but it is against our culture and religious,sociological mindset qand even genetic make up.

the fact that terrorism is a new fad doesnt mean we must join in blindly or the fact that a lot of people in nigeria support ritual killings doesnt make it right.

even in the constitution,it forbids members of seceret cults from contesting for a post,why should gays and lesbians who in my opinion are worse anyway shouldnt be classed either in same veing or worse@post
as for the lady co ordinator,it is obvious she is doing it for the foreign aid funneled into her bank account from abroad,how else will you explain innocent children who dont even know the difference between a straight and gay person being given tee shirts to wear and made to stand in front of the cameras?
the lawmakers showuld be shamed of themselves,if average nigerians and civil liberties protest,they dont give them a pedestal to air theior views,but they give gays and lesbians, one wonders if the reports we hear about them and practising some gay vices are true after all,
Re: Homosexuals Storm National Assembly by lucabrasi(m): 2:15pm On Mar 12, 2009
oyb:

Homosexuality has no place in a THEOCRACY (govt based on religion)

but Nigeria is not a theocracy- it is a democracy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Democracy

excerpt

In political theory, democracy describes a small number of related forms of government and also a political philosophy. Even though there is no universally accepted definition of 'democracy',[3] there are two principles that any definition of democracy includes. The first principle is that all members of the society (citizens) have equal access to power and the second that all members (citizens) enjoy universally recognized freedoms and liberties

you cannot eat your cake and have it; you cannot expect that the freedoms of a Democratic society should not apply to ALL members of society.

and going by your assertions,who says the nigerian democracy is not governed by religion?political theory and political science right from the advent of liberalism has continued to evolve with different forms of slant ,tony blair and clinton came up with their own form of democracy which is the third way or social democracy,what we are simply doing in nigeria is the same thing so our form of governance shouldnt be cast in granite to justify a vice that is purely evil,and just like other devilish imports a cancer slowly eroding the country that must be nipped in the bud!!
Re: Homosexuals Storm National Assembly by Lagosboy: 2:16pm On Mar 12, 2009
Lock them all up in a cage and let them marry themselves in there, enjoy themselves till eternity. Foolish imbeciles!!! Very soon these animals wull corrupt the whole country, the wort thing is those guys calling themselves gay. I know someone that said he his gay after 5 children, bloody self-servicer
Re: Homosexuals Storm National Assembly by Pataki: 2:25pm On Mar 12, 2009
How many of these gay people have a relatively comfortable life to live in Nigeria? Basic amenities of life are lacking in high proportion across the nation, some retards are busy thinking of how to satisfy their own lusts and human desires?

Seriously, Nigerians themselves are the greatest problem to the development of Nigeria.
Re: Homosexuals Storm National Assembly by Nobody: 2:27pm On Mar 12, 2009
lucabrasi:

and going by your assertions,who says the nigerian democracy is not governed by religion?political theory and political science right from the advent of liberalism has continued to evolve with different forms of slant ,tony blair and clinton came up with their own form of democracy which is the third way or social democracy,what we are simply doing in nigeria is the same thing so our form of governance shouldnt be cast in granite to justify a vice that is purely evil,and just like other devilish imports a cancer slowly eroding the country that must be nipped in the bud!!

nigerian democracy is governed by religion  

lucabrasi:

@badriyah
why dont you oblidge us of the parts in nigeria where homosexuality was practised prior to the present time to back your wild and spurious claims?
from what i know,traditional religion which has been in practise before the arrival of the colonialists forbids these sort of acts and all religions are unanimous in their condemnation of it,if you want to practise your homosexuality,feel free to do so outside nigeria but it is against our culture and religious,sociological mindset qand even genetic make up.

fornication/adultery/drinking alcohol  is against the highlighted - i have not seen our 'religious' legislators drafting any law against it.

the line between what government and all religions consider illegal is very wide.

nb - i am firecely heterosexual
Re: Homosexuals Storm National Assembly by Richyreal(m): 2:36pm On Mar 12, 2009
[color=#770077][/color]
Re: Homosexuals Storm National Assembly by lucabrasi(m): 2:40pm On Mar 12, 2009
oyb:

yes it is,check your naira note and the inscriptions on some of them

what do your executives,legislative and judicial arm use in swearing in,base most of the constitution on e.t.c

what are the major issues that aid in voting politicians in?note how many politicians bend over backward for church or mosque patrionage and photo opportunities with pastor adeboye and other men and women of GOD,
and the power these men and women of GOD in all religions have in making their members vote
i could go on and on, all these are what constitutes the bedrock of democracy
oyb:

fornication/adultery/drinking alcohol  is against the highlighted - i have not seen our 'religious' legislators drafting any law against it.

the line between what government and all religions consider illegal is very wide.

fornication is morally frowned upon in nigeria,same as adultery especially in sharia states,same as alcohol just like many other vices,the fact that the prosecution of them are not highlighted is simply because of the endemic poverty but they arr seen as wront by majority of nigerians.
so what is seen as morally or legally wrong by both religion and government is actually same thing in nigeriqa
Re: Homosexuals Storm National Assembly by georgecso(m): 2:45pm On Mar 12, 2009
@Oyb

the line between what government and all religions consider illegal is very wide

I'm not a legal practitioner but am pretty sure that there are laws prohibiting what you mentioned.

Fierce Hetero abi. Keep it up jare   grin
Re: Homosexuals Storm National Assembly by presido1: 2:49pm On Mar 12, 2009
The WEST is behind this nonsense, once they can capture Nigeria in this gay/lesbo thing they have captured the whole of Africa.

Believe me they will succeed since they were given audience in the first place, what they need is to try again if they fail this time. They can even buy the House members over. Is it not Nigerian Politicians again?.
Re: Homosexuals Storm National Assembly by Badriyyah(f): 2:52pm On Mar 12, 2009
presido1:

The WEST is behind this nonsense, once they can capture Nigeria in this gay/lesbo thing they have captured the whole of Africa.

Blame the West, Ok, please turn off your pc, throw away your mobile phone. Infact, get rid of everything you own. grin
Re: Homosexuals Storm National Assembly by JustGood(m): 2:54pm On Mar 12, 2009
What exactly makes it wrong for the government to makes laws it considers good for the generality of the people?

Why must the will of a few wierd people be imposed on the Nation?

Those perverts should not try promoting their perverted ways as being right. angry
Re: Homosexuals Storm National Assembly by grafikdon: 2:55pm On Mar 12, 2009
oyb:

fornication/adultery/drinking alcohol is against the highlighted - i have not seen our 'religious' legislators drafting any law against it.

Fornicators and adulterers have no union/group vehemently advocating for their rights to screw(other people's wives/husbands/gf/bf) with reckless abandon. grin grin

To be honest, I don't understand the whole hoopla about homosexuality and same sex marriage. Back in Naija (at least in my neck of the woods) we knew about the homo business but nobody really cared, I mean we knew about gay dudes but that was it, nobody got their ass whipped for being gay. The worst we did was crack a few jokes and let them be. It wasn't such a big deal.

Homosexuality is not my cup of tea, I will never accept it as a normal way of life but it is no hair off my nostrils what two adults want to do with each other. However, I think making a law for or against homosexuality is ridiculous. They have more important things to worry about. How can you legislate morality? What about adulterers and pick pockets? More importantly, what about the looters of public funds who have killed more Nigerians than armed robbers, erosion, juju, Ritualists and auto accidents combined?

I am very wary of organized religion and at the moment have no religious affiliation, but I believe it is wrong for homosexuals to attempt to smuggle the concept of same sex marriage into Christianity, Islam or Afro Religion which do not susbcrite to any form of homosexuality (at least from what I know). Why not open a brand new religion like say. . . 'Rainbow Fraternity' and use Rainbow/Pride instead of Bishop/Pastor/Imam/Dibia? grin grin That way they can freely pronounce men, women and cows as man and wife without trying to infringe on the beliefs of the vast majority (Christians/Muslims/African Religion practitioners) undecided undecided
Re: Homosexuals Storm National Assembly by Nobody: 2:57pm On Mar 12, 2009
georgecso:

@Oyb

I'm a legal practitioner but am pretty sure that there are laws prohibiting what you mentioned.

Fierce Hetero abi. Keep it up jare   grin

laws against fornication and adultery? in naija? are u kidding  grin

lucabrasi:

yes it is,check your naira note and the inscriptions on some of them

what do your executives,legislative and judicial arm use in swearing in,base most of the constitution on e.t.c

what are the major issues that aid in voting politicians in?note how many politicians bend over backward for church or mosque patrionage and photo opportunities with pastor adeboye and other men and women of GOD,
and the power these men and women of GOD in all religions have in making their members vote
i could go on and on, all these are what constitutes the bedrock of democracyfornication is morally frowned upon in nigeria,same as adultery especially in sharia states,same as alcohol just like many other vices,the fact that the prosecution of them are not highlighted is simply because of the endemic poverty but they arr seen as wront by majority of nigerians.
so what is seen as morally or legally wrong by both religion and government is actually same thing in nigeriqa

lucabrasi  i'm assuming you're referring to the arabic. the arabic on a 1000 note is n1000, so that doesnt count. there are no religious inscriptions on our currency, and a lot of people who need not be named are pissed at the arabic there.

the swearing on the Quran or Bible does not in any way indicate that religion plays a part in Nigeria's constitution. lawyers, doctors etc also swear . does that mean that those professions are governed by religion?

people keep blathering about how Nigeria is a secular country(esp when they are getting riled over sharia) . now that the gays want out of the closet, they are suddenly remebering that religion plays a part in the government of a 'secular' country.

those senators would do well to pss a law against intercourse between university undergraduates and middle aged men. maybe not old men shagging nubile chicks has always been part of african tradition.
Re: Homosexuals Storm National Assembly by AfroCynic: 2:57pm On Mar 12, 2009
georgecso:

@ Badriyyah & Co
I beg make una cool down and we should not result into persoal attacks smiley smiley smiley

The BIG question is CAN SAME SEX MARRIAGE LEADS TO PROCREATION?

Thats is if you really know what marriage entails otherwise I think this is public display of selfishness and lust of the highest order that could spell doom to our fragile society.

If the sole purpose of marriage is procreation, what about couple who are unable to have children what does that make them? To be honest, I think the way any society treat its minority is indicative of of its collective morality. Gay people exist, it is not a European fad, it is a human thing and so long as that is the case, we owe to ourselves, to our conscience to treat them as such.

I think the disservice we do to each other is to assume that it is not talked about means that it does not exist, do not fool yourself. That these people could risk life and limb to present their case at the national assembly says a lot. I think it is a shame that any so called democracy in 2008 should pass law discriminating against ANY minority in its society, this is my take on the matter.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (32) (Reply)

FG Loses N34bn Fraud Case Against Tompolo’s Firm, Others / Senate Rejects Sunday Dare’s Appointment Of Kinsman / Kano Governor-Elect Will Review Sanusi’s Dethronement, Says Kwankwaso

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.