Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,750 members, 7,824,158 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:15 AM

Behind Her Veil - Literature (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Behind Her Veil (451282 Views)

Veil / Sequel: Behind Her Veil / Behind Her Veil (ebook) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (91) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Behind Her Veil by Nobody: 7:44am On Sep 10, 2015
"Everything is just in disarray. And now you're traveling back to Kano, there is no way we can fix this Jennifer’s crisis soon" Vanessa worriedly.

"I wish my exams weren't two weeks from now, I would have stayed back so we can work out a plan. Honestly right now I feel disoriented" he complained.

He was indeed messed up. He hadn't prepared for his exams and Jennifer de Lucifer has destroyed the only good thing that he worked hard for. And Zeenat on the other hand wasn't still talking to him.

It was a good recipe for failure!

"This will be your first birthday that we won't celebrate together" Vanessa thoughtfully.

"I won't even celebrate it! It's going to fall after my exams, and I don't see the use of celebrating it. I mean, I am clocking twenty years and i am still living under my parent’s roof"

"Don't be absurd. It's not like you're thirty plus or anything. So where did you imagine you would be by this age?"

"I imagined by now I would have been pursuing my masters, having a good looking account balance from a self made career" he placed more emphasis on the self made, "and living in a rented self contain apartment somewhere in Lagos, preferably around lekki" Sadiq with dreamy eyes.

"And married?" joked Vanessa.

"No way! It's too early for that" he condemned it.

"Well, as for me I am still comfortable living under my parent’s roof, even if I clock thirty, I don't really care, as long as my career is taking me places."

Three days later he traveled back to school. He met up with his three friends for group reading, but it was hard trying to assimilate about seven large handouts.

But he didn't give up.

"How is Zeenat?" He had asked Kazim one Saturday morning as they cleaned up the house for the end of month sanitation.

"You've messed things up with her big time"

"Tell me about it" was Sadiq's lost of will to live reply.

"Seriously Sadiq, what were you thinking? First you publicly announced Vanessa as your partner, and then as if that wasn't worse enough you had to confess to a girl that you loved Zeenat out of pity!"

Sadiq was in dismay! Immediately he knew it was Jennifer's hand work. He was so infuriated that he wished he could strangle her right now.

He knew the right person he could talk to about Zeenat was Humaira. Although Humaira has been very busy, preparing for the joint matriculation exam.

"I really don't what to interrupt your study, but I really need to ask, has Zeenat said anything about me to you?"

Humaira handling with the pencil that had been stuck in-between her fingers since she started preparing for the jamb exam. "You remember how hard she cried when she lost her parents?" asked Humaira.

"Yes" Sadiq, having been the one that was at the forefront in consoling her.

"That's how hard she cried when she saw those videos about you that were sent to her by that stranger. She hates you so much right now to the extent that even if her dead parents were to come back to life and asked her to forgive you, she won't!"

"Please Humaira" Sadiq, pulling away the pencil from her hand “you have to help me explain to her, i am not dating that girl, it's just a charade"

Moving back, "Honestly Sadiq she won't listen to me, she has her mind made up already."

He wrapped his two palms around his neck and flung his head backwards as if in distress.

"You know what?" asked Humaira rhetorically. "I think if you find a way to truly prove to her that she misunderstood you, I think just maybe you'll get her back" she suggested.

"But how do I do that?" Sadiq confused.

"I have no idea. That's left to you. You have to figure out that yourself." She grabbed the pencil and drowned her head in her book.

"Thanks. You've been of help" and he left her to continue her study. She raised her head as he left, observing him.

They use to be very close before Zeenat came along, although they are still close but not like before. Every girl likes attention, they like that one male friend they could talk with, play with innocently and even argue with. She really did like Sadiq’s company but he was chasing something he might never have again.

Even though her advice was great, he was so clueless on how to convince Zeenat. He didn't have the slightest clue on how to go about it.

3 Likes

Re: Behind Her Veil by Soft10(m): 8:33am On Sep 10, 2015
Mattkent ...I really love this
Re: Behind Her Veil by Nobody: 9:35am On Sep 10, 2015
Soft10:
Mattkent ...I really love this
Tanx mehn.
Re: Behind Her Veil by ysadiq(m): 9:37am On Sep 10, 2015
omoshelwa:

why are u generalizing. Just tell us you want to take shots at us girls.
No am jst ...............
Re: Behind Her Veil by ysadiq(m): 9:58am On Sep 10, 2015
I av missd alot o but no prob am bak on point. With Jennifer nw i av three problems to deal with i mean 'sadiq'. hmmmmmmmmmmm women wahala too much o. Oga mattkent more data to ur phone.
Re: Behind Her Veil by Nobody: 12:24pm On Sep 10, 2015
Sveen:
Girls are indeed very selfish.
d grls u've encountered
Re: Behind Her Veil by Nobody: 12:27pm On Sep 10, 2015
ysadiq:
No am jst ...............
just..... And it's guys like you dat smash grls heart ooo... Oh, u ar sadiq... Fingas crossed... Ur name has said it all
Re: Behind Her Veil by Nobody: 4:16pm On Sep 10, 2015
fOllOwiNg
Re: Behind Her Veil by ysadiq(m): 11:17am On Sep 11, 2015
omoshelwa:

just..... And it's guys like you dat smash grls heart ooo... Oh, u ar sadiq... Fingas crossed... Ur name has said it all
Ahhhhh omoshelwa wat is wrong wit my name u should ask mattkent about sadiq.
Re: Behind Her Veil by Olaxtra: 12:07pm On Sep 11, 2015
Update ooh

1 Like

Re: Behind Her Veil by Olaxtra: 2:08pm On Sep 11, 2015
Update ooh!!!
Re: Behind Her Veil by donkross1(m): 3:04pm On Sep 11, 2015
Olaxtra:
Update ooh!!!
lol Bros. You dey vex nii?

1 Like

Re: Behind Her Veil by zeedrous: 4:31pm On Sep 11, 2015
update plzzzzzz

1 Like

Re: Behind Her Veil by Nobody: 5:53pm On Sep 11, 2015
zeedrous:
update plzzzzzz

Yes oo..plssss

1 Like

Re: Behind Her Veil by youngseraph(m): 6:28pm On Sep 11, 2015
mattkent waiting ooo...

1 Like

Re: Behind Her Veil by meanface: 6:30pm On Sep 11, 2015
am seriously addicted to dis story....kudos matkent.

1 Like

Re: Behind Her Veil by Nobody: 6:55pm On Sep 11, 2015
Sorry for the delay please. Updating soon.
Re: Behind Her Veil by Nobody: 6:56pm On Sep 11, 2015
meanface:
am seriously addicted to dis story....kudos matkent.

Thanks. Funny moniker.
Re: Behind Her Veil by Nobody: 6:58pm On Sep 11, 2015
ysadiq:
Ahhhhh omoshelwa wat is wrong wit my name u should ask mattkent about sadiq.

Don't worry. We r the good guys.

1 Like

Re: Behind Her Veil by Sageez(m): 7:54pm On Sep 11, 2015
am waiting
Re: Behind Her Veil by Nobody: 8:04pm On Sep 11, 2015
Even though her advice was great, he was so clueless on how to convince Zeenat. He didn't have the slightest clue on how to go about it.

"Are you prepared for the exam?" Janelle to Sadiq a week later.

"I think so"

"You think?"

"It's been a crazy month so I think I am comfortable with how well I have studied" Sadiq, twisting his neck as they both strolled back from a cafeteria. "What about you?"

"I am prepared for whatever comes" she said confidently.

As they approached their houses, Sadiq sighted Zeenat approaching with her little sister. There was this stare she gave him which he couldn't explain as they passed by each other.

"You two aren't still in good terms?" enquired Janelle.

"Yes. She hates me now" he responded, his gaze following her till she was out of sight.

"Not everything actually works out. You should forget about her and move on, you know" advised Janelle.

"Believe me I have tried but she's stuck in my heart."

They were in front of Janelle's house when Sadiq realized that he has never seen her dad.

"How come I have never seen your dad?"

"He is seldom around. Actually right now he traveled to the eastern state for some research" she informed.

"And your mom? You never talk about her" he went further with his inquiry.

'That's because she is late"

"Oh my God I am so sorry! I had no idea" Sadiq sympathetically.

"It's okay. I didn't know her. She died giving birth to me. It's my fault she is dead!"

"No it's not your fault! It's just faith and destiny" he tried to reason with her, at least get her to unburden herself from such self accusation.

"So you believe in faith and destiny?"

"Of course"

"That's good. I am glad you do"

"Why?" Sadiq curiously.

“I just think it's good. Because I believe there is a higher power that regulate our affair."

"Exactly" Sadiq finally relieved that she is getting the point. "So your mother's death was just part of God's plan." Sadiq trying to make sure that they were in the same page.

"Yes. I believe that now" she smiled.

"At least I have done one good thing today" he said excitedly.

"What's that?"

"I helped you unburden the load you had on your shoulders about your mom"

She laughed, grabbing the gate and pulling it open. "Yes you did indeed. Bye"

"See you in the exam hall" his voice ranged as he departed.

Two days after examination was Sadiq's birthday.

"Mom want to make you a birthday cake" Humaira informed him that morning.

"Cake? That's so nice, but she really shouldn't." He said.

"I'm sorry but it’s too late. It's already being baked."

Sadiq sighed disappointedly.

"What's wrong with you?" Humaira sounding very concerned.
"I'm just moody" he announced.

Let's be frank, he misses Zeenat! And Humaira knew that as well.

"Can't I cheer you up in any way? Pillow fight?" her charming eyes insisted.

"No, but thank you. I really appreciate it" he thanked her and made to leave.

"Where to?" She asked as she watched him leave.

"Just going for a walk. Will be back soon." and off he went.

He needed some time to think. Not just about Zeenat, but about Jennifer.

His phone beeped severally. It was a new BBM message and it was from Vanessa.

"Guess what”

Without much interest he replied back. "Say.” Then it occurred to him that maybe she finally figured out a way to get Jennifer.

"Sarah just called me now from South Africa. She just got engaged to Jojo! She sent me a picture of the engagement ring, it’s so beautiful!” and at the end of the message she added the smiley with the dreamy eyes.

The first thought that ran through his head was Eze. Eze had suspected that Sarah wasn’t over Jojo yet that was why he broke up with her. She denied it, but seems time just proved he was right.

"Any development on the Jennifer crisis?” he asked.

"Not yet. You won't believe it; she just landed a contract with an advertising firm. Now she is doing commercials for big firms” She typed back ending the message with an angry red smiley.

Sadiq breathed deeply. The news only culminated with the rest of his worries. Under normal circumstances he would have been happy for Jennifer, but the fact that she had to bring them down for her to climb up irritated him.

"Try to work something out. I can’t think right now." he replied back, expecting her to come up with a solution for the Jennifer crisis .

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Behind Her Veil by Nobody: 8:11pm On Sep 11, 2015
He ranged Eze immediately.

“How far?” the voice from the line asked.

“I dey. How your side?” asked Sadiq.

“Not bad. " he sounded relaxed.

Sadiq imagined that he probably hasn’t heard about Sarah's engagement.

"So Vanessa and I were chatting and she mentioned something about Sarah" and he was quiet for a minute.

"Dude I already know, saw it on her Instagram page" announced Eze.

"You're so calm about it" said Sadiq. It was actually a thought, but he ended up saying it out.

"I don't care what she does. She can get married for all I care. Girls, they are all the same!" ranted Eze. He was trying to convince Sadiq that he didn't care, but it was himself he was trying to convince. He had tried to repress his feelings for her but it was like a never ending war. He really loved her, and that was why he let her go when he knew her heart longed for someone else.

Later that evening he got a call from Janelle. She said she was waiting outside. He forced himself out of bed after he had eaten Anty's cake in the afternoon and found comfort on his bed till Janelle finally called. He had hoped that somehow Zeenat would show up, but she didn't. All through the afternoon his gaze monitored the exit door, expecting her, even though he knew the chances of her coming was slim.

He just wanted to see her; he just wanted to see her walk in. She knew how to make an entrance, there is this way she walked, like a cat on slow motion and her colorful scarf flying behind her. He just loved the sight of her, her very existence sparked a life in him and her absence killed a part in him. The way she made him feel, no one have ever made him feel that way, not even Vanessa. She was out of this world, like an angel, like a beautiful alien.

Getting outside, he found Janelle sitting in the car that her driver always chauffeured her around in. This time she was the driver.

"Hi Janelle"

"Come in" she said, exposing her white set of teeth's as she smiled.

"What's up?" he said as he got in. Not sure what she was up to.

"I have a birthday gift for you. I know it’s almost late, but it’s till your day" it was almost 7p.m. She started the car engine.

"Where to? Can you drive?" Sadiq.

"I'm taking you to where the gift is. And yes I can drive, I even have a license" and with that she drove off.

She drove for almost 15 minutes before she stopped and parked by the road side. The closest house was almost a mile away.

"Come on!" She said to him, exiting the car and walking into a bushy place.

Sadiq hesitated as he watched her walk away. He has watched so many horror movies and he knew how many ways he could get killed. It's either there is a serial killer in that bush that Janelle doesn't know of, or Janelle is the serial killer!

Noticing that he wasn't following her, she paused and laughed at him.

"Don't tell me you're scared!" and her laughter embarrassed him.

"I'm just being careful. You never know what danger lurks out there in the dark" he said, walking towards her and waving off the paranoid thought.

"It's totally safe. Come on, there is something that I need to show you." she held his hand as she led the way.

They stopped walking and in front of them was a big field that was a bit bushy. It looked more like an abandoned football pitch.

"Remember I once told you that my dad is an archeologist?" began Janelle while Sadiq nodded uncomfortably. "He stumbled on this place and showed it to me."

"What has this got to do with my birthday gift?" replied Sadiq, feeling uneasy.

"Just wait. You will see."she said.

It was almost 7:30 p.m now and the whole place was dark. The sky was clear, the moon shone brightly and the stars were twinkling, it was a beautiful night.

"Let's sit down for a moment." said Janelle, smoothing her butt with her palms as she sat on the grass.

"Sit down?" asked Sadiq rhetorically. "Are you sure it's safe here? There could be snakes crawling around!"

"There aren't snakes here, this place is fumigated" she assured him. With that assurance, Sadiq sat down.

"But my dad did kill a big python here the last time we came" she said and almost immediately Sadiq flew up.

Janelle had a good laugh. "I'm just kidding with you"

"That was mean" Sadiq feeling embarrassed.

She laughed "Now sit down. I need to show you something" her hands grabbing several stones from the grass.

She threw the stones across the field, seconds later the field lit up with twinkling lights! About a thousand fireflies ascended from the grass, their light flashing beautifully.

"Wow" Sadiq in awe.

"That's exactly the expression I had on my face the day dad showed me. And it never gets old, each time seems like the first time." she said, admiring the view.

"I have never seen such beauty from nature" he blurted.

Actually he has seen. Zeenat's beauty!

"Want to see the best part?" She asked excitedly.

"Yes"

"Lay down." She ordered, and they both lay down, facing the sky.

"Oh my God!" Exclaimed Sadiq.

As the fire flies rouse higher, they beautified the sky and from where they laid, the view looked like the stars had merged with the twinkling stars above. It was surreal and breath taking.

"Happy birthday!" Janelle said to him, watching him as he gazed up in amazement.

"This is the best birthday gift ever." Sadiq admitted as they sat up. "Thank you." He said brushing the hair that covered the right side of her face backward with his fingers.

He held her jaw slightly, raising her head up while staring into her eyes.
"I don't know why I keep having this feeling like i’ve known you for a long time. Since that day you gave me a ride I keep feeling that way. I know you might think I am weird but it's true"

She was silent as their gazes lasted for seconds.

"I need to tell you something." She began.

"What?" he asked.

Grrrrr.. his phone ranged.

"Please I need to take this." He excused himself as he picked the call. It was Vanessa.

"Hi V. I am kind of occupied here. Can we talk later?"

"Wait..I have finally figured out a way we can get Jennifer."

"Really?!I am all ears."

"It’s going to involve you proposing to me, with a ring, for real."

"You mean i am going to ask you to marry me?"

"Yes. Don't worry when you hear the full details you will love it."

"Okay then fine. I will be in Lagos any day from now anyway"

"Fine." replied Vanessa and they ended the call.

"I am sorry about that. I had to take the call." He said to Janelle.

"Its okay" she muttered it.

"So you were saying you wanted to tell me something"

"It’s nothing."

"Really? But you wanted saying something before I got the call."

"Never mind. Let's go back home. Its kinda getting really late now." and she led the way to the car.

They drove off speechlessly while the radio did all the talking.

4 Likes

Re: Behind Her Veil by Sageez(m): 8:23pm On Sep 11, 2015
plz jst post more. Hapi bufdai sadiq

1 Like

Re: Behind Her Veil by heemah(f): 10:03pm On Sep 11, 2015
Mattkent pls come back here...Let's hear the tori now..
Lemme guess?
Janelle want to tell him she's been waiting for snce her whole life? Or.....??

1 Like

Re: Behind Her Veil by ysadiq(m): 9:27am On Sep 12, 2015
Sadiq more wahala to ur lyf. janella also likes sadiq but cant tell him. I hope gals no go kill u sha.

2 Likes

Re: Behind Her Veil by Nobody: 10:29am On Sep 12, 2015
"So when are you going back to Lagos?" Janelle finally broke the silence between them.

"Maybe tomorrow or next" he replied.

"Sorry to pry, but did I hear you say that you are going to propose to someone?"

"Oh that was my friend Vanessa. It’s just a charade to get at someone"

"Someone that one of you loves?"

"No no. Far from it. It’s Jennifer de Lucifer. The girl that has made our life a living hell"

"She must be one hell of a girl"

"You can’t even begin to imagine" he muttered.

As they got back home, " Wish you journey mercy incase we don’t see before you leave"

"Thanks" he said exiting the car. “You should visit Lagos someday” closes the car door.

"Actually that sounds like a good idea, but I will have to take permission from my dad first"

"Okay. Goodnight. And thanks for the birthday treat."

As he entered his room, and was about closing the door, the door leading to Anty’s room opened and exiting it was Humaira and Zeenat. They were laughing over something and had not noticed the unclosed door, or the person behind the unclosed door. He stood for a moment contemplating on approaching them, and just when he decided not to, Humaira looked back and caught a glimpse of him. He quickly pushed the door gently, closing it.

"What is wrong with me" he said angrily to himself. “I need to get myself busy rather than lurk behind unclosed doors, obsessing." and he grabbed his apple laptop that was lying on the bed. Ever since he wrote that novel; ‘Who is she’, he hasn’t been able to follow up it up with another one, possibly because it was getting a lot of attention. But that did not in any way impair his creativity. He found interest in poetry, even though he was not good at it. He was already a tad close to finishing the one he had been working on.

His eyes moved sideways as he read the unfinished poem;

My words were instantaneously written, the meaning assiduously hidden.
Now you will keep thinking and feeling that my words chauffeur your heart feelings.
It only happened due to the inevitable love that has been vehemently planted in my blood.
She came with her explosives, destroying my defense, and my heart surrendered to her presence.
The love she offered was like a white elephant, costly yet almost worthless.

That was where he stopped two days ago. The inspiration had seized to come till this very moment when he saw her, the one the poem was about. His fingers moved simultaneously on the keyboard, typing as fast as the emotion drowned his reasoning:

When she appeared inadvertently at night, I would respect her as if she was the queen of hearts.
But she was never to be trusted as her eyes glowed like a cat that was wounded.
She was only pretending to be caring in order to hoodwink me into her prison.
She had used her wand stick and by love I became a prisoner of her love.
Even though I don’t see her, her picture still remains in my heart.
She was more like a queen, ruling my heart of nonsense.
She was really adorned with beauty which she uses to captivate me slowly.
I now lurk behind unclosed doors, peeping, obsessing and languishing about her power of authority.

He scrutinized the poem for a minute and concluded he would name the poem ‘Prisoner of Love.’ Atleast thats how he felt, like a prisoner. Content with his work, he turned off the laptop, turned off the light and laid on his bed, face facing the ceiling.

Moment later he stood up immediately as though an idea just struck him. The light came on and he searched for a pen and tore a fresh paper from one of his higher education note.

He jotted down;

My fairy princess,

My eyes may not be blue, but my words are true.
I place my palm on your chest; i feel your battle within.
You’ve risked everything, just for one thing.
Love, love is not an understatement; love is me being here for you.
My love wings are spread apart; i promise we will never fall apart.
Our love will be bonded by the moon, and we will forever twinkle like the stars.
And like fire flies, together we will make a bright light.
You may think I’m going nut, no i am not, but for you i may.
You’re the breath I inhale, the speech that I make.
The step that I take, whenever i am awake.
The dream that come true, the wish that come to past.
Someday you’ll be by my side, and I promise you will never be sad.
You’ve made me smile, I’ll make you shine.
There is more to come, so don’t let our love drown and be gone.

At the bottom he wrote, ‘From Sadiq.’ Then drew one of those little love hearts. This is childish and silly, he thought. But this is the kind of stuff that she likes.

He folded the paper, tucked it into his pocket and he made for the door.

4 Likes

Re: Behind Her Veil by Queening(f): 11:36am On Sep 12, 2015
yes finally cheesy go go go sadik

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Behind Her Veil by Missmossy(f): 11:40am On Sep 12, 2015
Sadiq should act like a man biko. Well done Mattkent.

3 Likes

Re: Behind Her Veil by Nobody: 12:30pm On Sep 12, 2015
Hehehehe

Way to go sadiq. Go get her, tiger

1 Like

Re: Behind Her Veil by youngseraph(m): 2:14pm On Sep 12, 2015
i wonder who is more ceative, sadiq or mattkent hehehe

1 Like

Re: Behind Her Veil by Niwdog(m): 2:25pm On Sep 12, 2015
Following...
Re: Behind Her Veil by Sageez(m): 2:26pm On Sep 12, 2015
youngseraph:
i wonder who is more ceative, sadiq or mattkent hehehe
same hear bro, they got me wondering

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (91) (Reply)

NYSC: PPA:- Place Of Promiscuous Assignment / Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 / Forever And For Always - Story By Repogirl

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.