Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,735 members, 7,817,024 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:20 PM

Behind Her Veil - Literature (39) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Behind Her Veil (450737 Views)

Veil / Sequel: Behind Her Veil / Behind Her Veil (ebook) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) ... (91) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Behind Her Veil by donkross1(m): 12:29pm On Oct 28, 2015
Zeedarh:
Started yesterday and here i am now. smiley

Mattkent, thanks for this sweet and wonderful ride. I enjoyed every bit it; i must confess grin

To those who kept this thread alive : @donkross, @heemah, @DandyPearl, & @others,wink thanks too. wink

Oya, Mattkent, ayam waiting grin grin grin

Mo cover eh grin
Re: Behind Her Veil by donkross1(m): 12:30pm On Oct 28, 2015
Sageez:
because u don finally hear about ur gal abi? God bless cross abi na kross
thanks my niccur.. Bless ya too
Re: Behind Her Veil by donkross1(m): 12:31pm On Oct 28, 2015
DandyPearl u dey jealousi jealousi
Re: Behind Her Veil by Zeedarh(f): 12:34pm On Oct 28, 2015
donkross1:

Mo cover eh grin
wink
Re: Behind Her Veil by DandyPearl(f): 12:58pm On Oct 28, 2015
donkross1:
DandyPearl u dey jealousi jealousi
tongue
Re: Behind Her Veil by Nobody: 2:27pm On Oct 28, 2015
Soft10:
Mattkent..first to read 2day updates
Congrats bro grin
Re: Behind Her Veil by Nobody: 2:28pm On Oct 28, 2015
heemah:
Finger crossed...Kross and Jennifer! Thanks for the update Mattkent

u r welcome ma.
Re: Behind Her Veil by Nobody: 2:30pm On Oct 28, 2015
donkross1:
grin grin feeling like a bad guy.... Mattkent I been dey vex for you before buh I no vex again...... Free drinks for everyone cheesy

DandyPearl you too like free things undecided

As Sadiq no get skills i just say u must get pass am make u make us boys proud. wink

1 Like

Re: Behind Her Veil by Nobody: 2:32pm On Oct 28, 2015
Zeedarh:

Mattkent, thanks for this sweet and wonderful ride. I enjoyed every bit it; i must confess grin

To those who kept this thread alive : @donkross, @heemah, @DandyPearl, & @others,wink thanks too. wink

Thanks to you too for reading and appreciating this.
Next update is tomorrow oooooo.
Re: Behind Her Veil by Afz9095(m): 2:41pm On Oct 28, 2015
Mattkent:

Thanks to you too for reading and appreciating this.
Next update is tomorrow oooooo.
make u no do as u reach o,2mao 2 lng na,u wan make person die of hunger abeg update dey hungry me
Re: Behind Her Veil by Zeedarh(f): 2:42pm On Oct 28, 2015
Mattkent:

Thanks to you too for reading and appreciating this. Next update is tomorrow oooooo.
isokkay. I sha wait
Re: Behind Her Veil by Nobody: 5:09pm On Oct 28, 2015
Afz9095:
make u no do as u reach o,2mao 2 lng na,u wan make person die of hunger abeg update dey hungry me

No vex a beg. e too short so e no go make sense if I post am as e dey.
Re: Behind Her Veil by Afz9095(m): 6:56pm On Oct 28, 2015
Mattkent:

No vex a beg. e too short so e no go make sense if I post am as e dey.
i will patiently wait den. M self no lyk 2 eat fud(update) wey no go full my belle
Re: Behind Her Veil by heemah(f): 8:19pm On Oct 28, 2015
Zeedarh:

Welcome to the family
Re: Behind Her Veil by DandyPearl(f): 10:58pm On Oct 28, 2015
One thing I'm learning here is 'Patience'. Well Mattkent take all the time u need we'll wait. But not too long. Donkross1 where you disappear to? Don't go visiting your ex again cuz Jennifer z a jealous bae ooo. We don't want anything happening to our 'supplier' Looooool
Re: Behind Her Veil by donkross1(m): 11:09pm On Oct 28, 2015
DandyPearl:
One thing I'm learning here is 'Patience'. Well Mattkent take all the time u need we'll wait. But not too long. Donkross1 where you disappear to? Don't go visiting your ex again cuz Jennifer z a jealous bae ooo. We don't want anything happening to our 'supplier' Looooool
Kross is Right here.... You miss me shey?
Re: Behind Her Veil by Sageez(m): 8:03am On Oct 29, 2015
DandyPearl:
dis part got me ROTF. Donkross1 hope you read that... Lol
Re: Behind Her Veil by donkross1(m): 10:25am On Oct 29, 2015
Sageez:
dis part got me ROTF. Donkross1 hope you read that... Lol
lool I kuku see am. No mind DandyPearl

1 Like

Re: Behind Her Veil by DandyPearl(f): 10:33am On Oct 29, 2015
:PWell donkross1 u r soo full of it undecidedI'm only a concerned customer.

1 Like

Re: Behind Her Veil by Nobody: 12:17pm On Oct 29, 2015
Days soon went by and the short holiday was over. Sadiq travelled back to Kano even before the two weeks elapsed, mostly because he was bored and Vanessa’s absence made things worst. He still couldn’t believe she was really considering transferring to a university over there and buying a house. Seems everyone is growing so fast. He had no problem with that. He was only uncomfortable with what lay ahead in the future.

His only problem with the future is the bad dreams about it he has been having repeatedly. The dream was so constant and clearer now that he could tell it as if it was a tale or a movie he had seen.

There was smoke everywhere. The smoke was like a thick mist preventing one from seeing what was ahead. Some houses were submerged, some half destroyed with fire burning and creating more smokes. Sadiq found himself walking down the street, carrying a lady he couldn’t identify. Her hair scattered on her face making it hard to get a view. No matter how hard he tried, he couldn’t take the hair off her face. It was like the dream was programmed in a way that made him unable to perform some tasks. Maybe his only task was to carry her to safety. This was the dream he always had and the part that made him shiver was always when he died. The lady would suddenly disappear from his arm and he would just slump and die, just like that!

The dream had given him another perspective of life. He saw life like a prison where everyone given birth to were instantly sentenced to death. No matter how rich or poor you are, you have already been sentenced to death and nothing in the world can change that. So just maybe he was one of the few who can see how and where they will die. The only clue he was very sure that he got from his dream was a number. Number; 25. The number could mean anything. It could mean the age he will die or the day he would die. It could mean the house number of the girl he carried in his dream. It could mean anything, just anything. But the closest was his age. In three months time he would be 25 years! That scared him a lot.

But really do dreams come true? Should he be worried about something he isn’t even sure of! If dreams really came true won’t everyone be living in their dreams!

“Are you sure you want to partake in the horse race?” Kazim to Sadiq that weekend.

”Certainly. I have a bucket list and this is part of it.” he attested vehemently.

“But you’ve only rode on one several times.” continued Kazim. He wasn’t convinced that Sadiq was ready to ride a horse on his own not to talk of racing with it.

“Kai yaro! I will be fine. I have watched you guys race repeatedly. What’s the worse that could happen?” smiled Sadiq.

Kazim shrugged.

“If you change your mind let me know.” he said.

The week day that followed was a busy week for Sadiq in school. There were more lecture notes and less time. There were individual presentations which saw the lecture hall filled with laughter, applause and embarrassment.

Individual presentation was a nightmare for almost all the students. So when the lecturer announced that there would be presentation, a lot of students decided it was time to start skipping classes. The lecturer was a very young and vibrant man and one could easily mistake him for a student. He always had a spectacle on and a bottle of water which he drank every thirty minutes. He never entered the lecture room without two students who were probably in their final level. Some students had gossiped that besides them helping him with his lecture notes and other miscellaneous, they also help me arrange a private meeting with the hottest ladies taking his course. Most of the ladies didn’t decline and the reason being; he was young, accomplished, good-looking and it’s a sure ‘A’ for them in his course.

It was the course rep’s turn to present today. He was a northerner and his diction always made everyone laugh. This wasn’t because of the fact that he was from the north, it was because he had this outlandish way of imitating people’s voice. Once, he was advised to quit business for theatre arts.

He rouse from his seat, carrying a bottle of water, a spectacle and a book. The lecturer was standing at the extreme edge of the white board, observing him.

The course rep dropped the bottle of water on the pulpit and wore his spectacle. No one could immediately tell what he was up to. They really thought he was well prepared for his presentation and was going to blow them away. He wrote the name of the course on the board and faced the class.

“Today I will be your micro finance lecturer!” he began.

There was uproar from the students. They didn’t believe he had the guts to imitate the lecturer especially as he was standing right there with them!

As if that was not enough, he removed his spectacle, turned the bottle of water and sipped a little then dropped it back on the pulpit afterwards he wore his spectacle. That was exactly what the lecturer does every single time.

The students couldn’t take it anymore! They laughed so hard, banged their tables, some even fell from their chairs and sat on the floor. The lecturer to everyone’s surprise was just smiling.

“Thank you for your time.” the course rep concluded his act and left for his seat.

He got a standing ovation from his course mates as he sat down. The applause was so loud it attracted other students that were passing by.

Miraculously the lecturer also found his act hilarious. And it seemed it had even put him in a good mood. He declared all presentations void and gave everyone free marks. That made Sadiq really glad because he wasn’t good at public speaking especially when it had to do with financial elaboration.

Back in Lagos Angela texted Kross’s number to Jennifer. She was on her way out when she saw the message.

“Hello?” a male’s voice sounded from the other end of the line. It was definitely Kross. She remembered the voice vividly.

“Hi Kross.” she said without introducing herself, hoping he would recognize her voice too. She imagined he had to. She talked nonstop for minutes at the party so he should be accustomed to her voice by now.

“Yes who is this?” he asked. It was either he was pretending not to know her or he really didn’t recognize her voice.

A bit offended she replied. “It’s me; Jennifer. We met at your cousin’s party and you asked me to dance with you. Actually you ordered me to dance with you.”

“Oh!” he said. “How can I forget you?”

“You really didn’t forget me?” she asked excitedly. Maybe he has been thinking about her since that day. Maybe he regretted not giving her his number and now he was so glad to hear from her, she thought.

“Of course I didn’t forget you. How can I forget the rude girl that embarrassed me?” said Kross.

“I thought I apologized?” Jennifer said.

“Yes you did, you did. So how did you get my number? I thought you didn’t like me and found me unattractive for your liking?” he asked.

“Yes. I still don’t like you. That is why I had to get your number so I can call you and tell you how I so much hate you. In fact we should meet sometime so we can sit down and I can keep telling you how I hate you and how i find you fugly.” she blurted so fast that she had to catch a breath when she stopped talking.

There was laughter from the other side.

“You find this amusing?” she asked with an annoying tone.

“You are one hilarious girl!” he chuckled. “We should definitely meet. I would like to hear how you hate me so much.”

“Fine by me.” She replied.

“Okay. I have to go now.” and he hung up the phone.

Jennifer breathed deeply after the line went dead. She smiled. It was a smile that always indicated that plans were going her way. But this time her plans weren’t for evil, it was for love. She intentionally acted angry, affront and funny in order to amuse him. She knew if she kept insinuating that he wasn’t good looking he will be tempted to find out why she found him that way.

He was definitely used to getting compliments from girls, but for a pretty girl like her to say he wasn’t good looking that got his attention. It was a well thought out plan. If she hadn’t acted this way, he might have found her boring and categorized her among the numerous other girls that complimented him daily. But with what she did, she stood out from the rest.

Several days later he contacted her and they set a date to meet. She dressed to kill. The way she dressed, any man that sees her would admire her, their heart would run mad and they would just die! That was how extremely exquisite she looked. Her beauty was beyond words and that is what she used to have an edge over Vanessa.

The date went smoothly and Jennifer could tell that he was attracted to her. He texted her that night to wish her good night. Although they didn’t act like they were into each other. Anyone who saw them would have the impression that they were best friends. They would talk at length, arguing, mocking each other’s looks and laughing at one another’s theory about life. They were both drowned in these conversations that they became free with each other and all signs of fakeness or attitude was gone.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Behind Her Veil by donkross1(m): 12:32pm On Oct 29, 2015
grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Behind Her Veil by Sageez(m): 12:44pm On Oct 29, 2015
good for Jennifer

1 Like

Re: Behind Her Veil by follyshade(f): 12:46pm On Oct 29, 2015
WOW! tanx 4 d update

1 Like

Re: Behind Her Veil by oscarlloyd(m): 2:20pm On Oct 29, 2015
NICE UPDATE... now u got me feeling like I'm watching the seasonal film "lost" all over again... And still getting lost

1 Like

Re: Behind Her Veil by Nobody: 2:45pm On Oct 29, 2015
Thanks guys...and ladies.
Re: Behind Her Veil by Nobody: 3:00pm On Oct 29, 2015
I'm sure donkross1 is feeling on top of the world right now
Re: Behind Her Veil by DandyPearl(f): 4:42pm On Oct 29, 2015
donkross1:
grin
what have I missed angry I can't bliv kross z falling in with dis evil schemer. Well na him sabi sha as long as ntn happens to donkross1. Not dat I like u, miss u or sumthing like dat. (Jennifer's words)
Re: Behind Her Veil by donkross1(m): 5:11pm On Oct 29, 2015
mistytohcute:
I'm sure donkross1 is feeling on top of the world right now
Maami no be small thing ooo grin
Re: Behind Her Veil by donkross1(m): 5:12pm On Oct 29, 2015
DandyPearl:
what have I missed angry I can't bliv kross z falling in with dis evil schemer. Well na him sabi sha as long as ntn happens to donkross1. Not dat I like u, miss u or sumthing like dat. (Jennifer's words)
lool u try well well. Leave me n my baby boo baby.
Re: Behind Her Veil by Zeedarh(f): 8:19pm On Oct 29, 2015
heemah:
Welcome to the family
Thanks ma'am smiley
Re: Behind Her Veil by Nobody: 9:38pm On Oct 29, 2015
grin jennifer is in loooovveeee.
Re: Behind Her Veil by ernie98(f): 7:24am On Oct 30, 2015
well my bufday was 4 days ago on d 26 and dis update s jes too small...ehn mattkent joo....

(1) (2) (3) ... (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) ... (91) (Reply)

NYSC: PPA:- Place Of Promiscuous Assignment / Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 / Forever And For Always - Story By Repogirl

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.