Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,673 members, 7,816,760 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:38 PM

Behind Her Veil - Literature (40) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Behind Her Veil (450700 Views)

Veil / Sequel: Behind Her Veil / Behind Her Veil (ebook) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) ... (91) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Behind Her Veil by bellovers(m): 8:44am On Oct 30, 2015
Re: Behind Her Veil by uniquebandi(f): 8:13pm On Oct 30, 2015
wow this story really got me scared. nice work
Re: Behind Her Veil by donkross1(m): 8:41pm On Oct 30, 2015
uniquebandi:
hello to you too grin.... my name is donkross and am d bartender here.... Wah would you like to drink?
Re: Behind Her Veil by Sageez(m): 9:11pm On Oct 30, 2015
uniquebandi:
permit me to sit close to you so you can hold me when yah scared lol
Re: Behind Her Veil by Nobody: 10:26pm On Oct 30, 2015
ernie98:
well my bufday was 4 days ago on d 26 and dis update s jes too small...ehn mattkent joo....

eiya sorry abt that dear. will try to drop a longer update just for u. happy birthday in arrears!
Re: Behind Her Veil by myndd(m): 1:12pm On Oct 31, 2015
still @ page 11 or so,couldn't wait to finish b4 commenting,wat a nice piece of work/art/writing u've got here
keep it up
Re: Behind Her Veil by Henz24(m): 2:22pm On Oct 31, 2015
Nyc one mattkent, must say u are very gud, jumpd into dz story last nyt and i ve bin hooked ever since, anyways i got two observations though, first, if sadiq was 20 wen he was admitted, how come at almost 25 he is stil in skul for a socio science course? Secondly, the past tense of rise is spelt rose not rouse.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Behind Her Veil by donkross1(m): 2:40pm On Oct 31, 2015
myndd:
still @ page 11 or so,couldn't wait to finish b4 commenting,wat a nice piece of work/art/writing u've got here
keep it up
Myndd in the building grin. U no need to place orders oo.... make I offer you alomo, baby oku n odeku cheesy
Re: Behind Her Veil by donkross1(m): 2:42pm On Oct 31, 2015
Henz24:
Nyc one mattkent, must say u are very gud, jumpd into dz story last nyt and i ve bin hooked ever since, anyways i got two observations though, first, if sadiq was 20 wen he was admitted, how come at almost 25 he is stil in skul for a socio science course? Secondly, the past tense of rise is spelt rose not rouse.
based on your observations... make I give you monkey tail n dogoyaro grin
Re: Behind Her Veil by Henz24(m): 2:44pm On Oct 31, 2015
donkross1:
based on your observations... make I give you monkey tail n dogoyaro grin
lol, one orijin will do
Re: Behind Her Veil by donkross1(m): 4:11pm On Oct 31, 2015
Henz24:
lol, one orijin will do
Oya enjoy your Origin along with d story.

Mattkent.... DandyPearl Report your locations
Re: Behind Her Veil by DandyPearl(f): 6:07pm On Oct 31, 2015
donkross1:

Dandypearl reporting over the hill and mountain. OVER!!!
Re: Behind Her Veil by donkross1(m): 6:34pm On Oct 31, 2015
DandyPearl:
Dandypearl reporting over the hill and mountain. OVER!!!
when are you coming back to base..... Over!!!
Re: Behind Her Veil by Nobody: 8:50pm On Oct 31, 2015
Henz24:

Oops sorry abt d age stuff. I definitely miscalculated. thanks for observing that. And the 'rouse' too. really appreciate it, I love it when I get corrected. thanks.
Re: Behind Her Veil by Nobody: 8:52pm On Oct 31, 2015
donkross1:
Oya enjoy your Origin along with d story.

Hiding in my sanctuary waiting for inspiration. Over.
Re: Behind Her Veil by Nobody: 8:53pm On Oct 31, 2015
myndd:
keep it up

Gracias! My head want to explode right now.
Re: Behind Her Veil by Henz24(m): 10:52pm On Oct 31, 2015
Mattkent:

Oops sorry abt d age stuff. I definitely miscalculated. thanks for observing that. And the 'rouse' too. really appreciate it, I love it when I get corrected. thanks.

you welcum bro, oya come update, meanwhile dandypearl, i nid you to come give me massage on my back while the story unfolds

1 Like

Re: Behind Her Veil by DandyPearl(f): 11:11pm On Oct 31, 2015
donkross1:
when are you coming back to base..... Over!!!
grin Back to base now. Hope I didn't miss anythingYou henn henz24, wait till I send Janelle come meet youundecided But I go dey think about the massage sha cuz dat my area of specialization grin
Re: Behind Her Veil by Henz24(m): 11:16pm On Oct 31, 2015
DandyPearl:
grin Back to base now. Hope I didn't miss anythingYou henn henz24, wait till I send Janelle come meet youundecided But I go dey think about the massage sha cuz dat my area of specialization grin
see u, if janelle see me, she go turn human by force, still 4 d massage tho
Re: Behind Her Veil by uniquebandi(f): 9:10am On Nov 01, 2015
donkross1:
hello to you too grin.... my name is donkross and am d bartender here.... Wah would you like to drink?
maltina will do. Thanks
Re: Behind Her Veil by uniquebandi(f): 9:11am On Nov 01, 2015
Sageez:
permit me to sit close to you so you can hold me when yah scared lol
lol that will be nice. Thanks for d offer.
Re: Behind Her Veil by demmy66: 10:42am On Nov 01, 2015
mattkent....i can see your ministry has moving tremendously...even mynd is here...you don turn celeb ooo.. i am.hack after blowing awol... carry on...
Re: Behind Her Veil by demmy66: 10:42am On Nov 01, 2015
mattkent....i can see your ministry has moving tremendously...even mynd is here...you don turn celeb ooo.. i am back after blowing awol... carry on...
Re: Behind Her Veil by Nobody: 9:20am On Nov 02, 2015
demmy66:
mattkent....i can see your ministry has moving tremendously...even mynd is here...you don turn celeb ooo.. i am.hack after blowing awol... carry on...

Lol....I'm just grateful. nice to still av u here.
Re: Behind Her Veil by Nobody: 12:03pm On Nov 02, 2015
pls come back nah
Re: Behind Her Veil by Nobody: 12:50pm On Nov 02, 2015
Snowangel4:
pls come back nah
I am coming..... will update soon....today
Re: Behind Her Veil by ichiexy01: 3:06pm On Nov 02, 2015
Jennifer introduced herself as Janelle to Kross. I'm hoping she is also the non human.
Re: Behind Her Veil by Nobody: 3:43pm On Nov 02, 2015
ichiexy01:
Jennifer introduced herself as Janelle to Kross. I'm hoping she is also the non human.

That's a mistake. I've corrected it.

1 Like

Re: Behind Her Veil by Nobody: 7:07pm On Nov 02, 2015
“I can’t believe you are really going to do this.” Kazim said out to Sadiq who was sitting on his horse a little further from Kazim.

“I can’t believe I am doing this either!” he replied ecstatically.

“Well good luck!” Kazim wished him.

“You too.” he replied, pulling the saddle forward till he felt comfortable with his position.

The audience as usual stood at both sides of the road, safe from the fast running horses. It was mid October. Although harmattan wasn’t severe yet, there was an unusual chill in the air.

Sadiq’s eye searched the crowd till they finally fell on Zeenat. She smiled and waved at him. Humaira nudged her jokingly.

“What?” asked Zeenat.

“You better leave him to concentrate on the race.” Humaira replied.

“He will be fine. He might even win the race!” Zeenat said ambitiously.

“Not with your brother there!” said Humaira.

“I know. But anything can happen.” replied Zeenat.

Minutes later the race started. The horses accelerated, galloping and making loud thudding sounds and the sandy ground giving birth to a little sand storm which they left behind.

“Next tomorrow is my little sister’s birthday.” Zeenat informed Humaira.

“I thought it’s tomorrow.” replied Humaira.

“No its next tomorrow, on the 27th.” she said.

“Oh I forgot today’s date is 25.” she recalled.

“We were thinking of taking her out, but my aunt insists we shouldn’t.”

“Why?” asked Humaira.

“Because of the recent insurgent attack. She said its best we minimize our outing for now.”

Humaira nodded her head as though she agreed with Zeenat aunt.

“I agree with her. No one can tell where next they will attack so it’s best to stay safe.” Humaira said.

A moment later the horses raced through and there were loud cheers from the crowds. Yusuf as always was ahead with three others which included Kazim directly behind him. And not too far behind was Sadiq trying to keep pace but it seemed he was having fun rather than competing to win the race.

He managed to take his hand off the ropes and waved at the crowd, specifically at Zeenat and Humaira before dashing off.

“He really shouldn’t have done that. That’s risky!” Humaira uncomfortable with Sadiq’s recent act.

“He is probably getting too cocky.” remarked Zeenat.

“He is showing off for you.” Humaira eyed her. And they both giggled.

“I am going to miss you when you travel to Zaria.” Zeenat said to her.

“I will be back before you know it. More over I may visit every weekend.” she said.

“That would be nice.” agreed Zeenat. She looked up to the house facing them, the one Janelle used to live in. “It’s so weird looking at this house now.”

“Believe me sometimes I just shiver knowing that a non human once lived there.” added Humaira giving the house a suspicious look as if Janelle was still in there.

“And the worst part being that Sadiq was friends with her!” Zeenat a little irritated.

“I am just glad no harm was done.” responded Humaira.

“Yes me too.” sighed Zeenat.

“Here they come again.” Someone from the crowd shouted. There were more cheers, whistling and applause as they came through for their third lap.

Still ahead was Yusuf. There was determination on his face as he led the race. He had given the rest of his opponent a big gap which they might not be able to cover, but they were still in hot pursuit and had as much determination to win as he does.

The debutant wasn’t competing in the race. His presence wasn’t felt by his opponent. Just as he had tried to get cheers from the audience the first time, he decided to impress them once more.

“What is he trying to do again?!” Zeenat watching Sadiq as he tried to stand up right.

“Oh my God!” exclaimed Humaira and a number of other audience. There was confusion and panic as the audience rushed to attend to Sadiq who had fallen from his horse!

It was a hard fall. While trying to stand, the speed forced him backward and he fell aggressively, landing with his head and tumbling till he laid down flat. In the process, he twisted his neck and was lying on the floor motionless.

“He is not moving!” someone had said.

On hearing this Zeenat and Humaira became frightened as they thought about the worst that could happen. Their palms were covering their face, too shocked to look, too shocked to talk, too shocked to move, too shock to ask if he was still breathing!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Behind Her Veil by OYAY(m): 8:13pm On Nov 02, 2015
Haha Oga at the top this appetizer though! Anyway nice of you; expecting more.
Re: Behind Her Veil by ichiexy01: 8:38pm On Nov 02, 2015
Mattkent:

That's a mistake. I've corrected it.
okay super story tho
Re: Behind Her Veil by heemah(f): 9:05pm On Nov 02, 2015
Mattkent! Biko, come and finish what u started. Domi Allah! Plsss

(1) (2) (3) ... (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) ... (91) (Reply)

NYSC: PPA:- Place Of Promiscuous Assignment / Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 / Forever And For Always - Story By Repogirl

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.