Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,797 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:08 AM

Behind Her Veil - Literature (41) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Behind Her Veil (450889 Views)

Veil / Sequel: Behind Her Veil / Behind Her Veil (ebook) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) ... (91) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Behind Her Veil by Nobody: 9:33pm On Nov 02, 2015
OYAY:
Haha Oga at the top this appetizer though! Anyway nice of you; expecting more.

Thanks. I am sorry its short. I promised to update today that's y I posted it even tho its not much. didn't wanna break my promise.
Re: Behind Her Veil by Nobody: 9:34pm On Nov 02, 2015
ichiexy01:
okay super story tho
Thanks a lot.
Re: Behind Her Veil by Nobody: 9:37pm On Nov 02, 2015
heemah:
Mattkent! Biko, come and finish what u started. Domi Allah! Plsss

I am feeling bad cos that's where I stopped today. Hopefully tomorrow I will continue it quickly.
Re: Behind Her Veil by Nobody: 9:47pm On Nov 02, 2015
They just brought d light afta black out for 2 hours....lemme start typing.
Re: Behind Her Veil by Nobody: 10:23pm On Nov 02, 2015
Aaaaaaa d number 25!!!

Gosh, Mattkent i looooove u grin
Re: Behind Her Veil by DandyPearl(f): 11:48pm On Nov 02, 2015
angryso you mean to tell me Sadiq don kpeme be that Lailai Sadiq I cover you with the blood of all the females in the tory. Oya! Wake up:PHe no wake sha shocked

2 Likes

Re: Behind Her Veil by toyeanlawlah(f): 8:54am On Nov 03, 2015
DandyPearl:
angryso you mean to tell me Sadiq don kpeme be that Lailai Sadiq I cover you with the blood of all the females in the tory. Oya! Wake up:PHe no wake sha shocked

looooooooolzzzzzzz
haba dandypearl, blood of all da females indid!
dia eleda no go allow im kpeme.
Re: Behind Her Veil by Afz9095(m): 9:27am On Nov 03, 2015
DandyPearl:
blood of all the females in d story ke, u beta xclude jennifer make u no make don kross mad @ u
Re: Behind Her Veil by Nobody: 10:02am On Nov 03, 2015
lovelygurl:
Aaaaaaa d number 25!!!

Gosh, Mattkent i looooove u grin

I love you tooooo cheesy

yeah d number 25...seems his dream is becoming a reality.
Re: Behind Her Veil by donkross1(m): 10:35am On Nov 03, 2015
Afz9095:
blood of all the females in d story ke, u beta xclude jennifer make u no make don kross mad @ u
why she go include my Jennifer undecided. If sadiq like make e die, e no concern me.
Re: Behind Her Veil by DandyPearl(f): 1:06pm On Nov 03, 2015
donkross1:
why she go include my Jennifer undecided. If sadiq like make e die, e no concern me.
undecidedWhat's doing you? Your Jennifer abi? I trust she's gonn break your heart. But Sadiq too angry Well me iyam waiting sha. Oya shift make I siddon. You don thief my space grin
Re: Behind Her Veil by jacy67(f): 1:36pm On Nov 03, 2015
Wetin de worry Sadiq self? He don de bring the prophesy to manifestation small small.

2 Likes

Re: Behind Her Veil by donkross1(m): 1:50pm On Nov 03, 2015
DandyPearl:
undecidedWhat's doing you? Your Jennifer abi? I trust she's gonn break your heart. But Sadiq too angry Well me iyam waiting sha. Oya shift make I siddon. You don thief my space grin
you sha wan siddon beside me shaaa *shiftsyiansh*
Re: Behind Her Veil by Olaxtra: 3:50pm On Nov 03, 2015
Matt

#bayerouniversityshii
Re: Behind Her Veil by fiyah(f): 4:12pm On Nov 03, 2015
Sadiq? Mattkent wat is appening o...

I need update shapparly
Re: Behind Her Veil by Nobody: 8:50pm On Nov 03, 2015
Olaxtra:
Matt

#bayerouniversityshii
Guy how's ktown?
Re: Behind Her Veil by Nobody: 8:50pm On Nov 03, 2015
The sad truth about death is it never tells us when it's about to come. It doesn't even care about the situation you are in or if your loved ones are close to you, no, it doesn't care, it doesn't have shame.

It doesnt wait for you to make amends to your life, it doesnt care if your life that is about to be ephemeral needs more time...more time to appreciate the little and everything you took for granted. Death just doesn't care about these things. It just takes you away like that, like you never existed except just maybe it's not yet your time.

"I came last didn't i?" Sadiq's low voice asked.

The tension in the street immediately dropped. Everyone were relieved that the worst they had feared hadn't happen. His question brought smiles to their faces. Zeenat and Humaira were the most relieved. Their heart were almost numb when they saw him on the floor. For the very first time they realised how terrified and despondent they would be if something terrible had happened to him.

It wasn't like he was overly special or anything, it was just the fear of losing someone close to them. Someone you share a lot with. And for Zeenat, it would have been more tragic for her especially after losing her parents in an accident.

Minutes later he was on a hospital bed, with the doctor concluding that he didn't break any bone nor twist his neck and would be fit to leave the hospital in no time.

That very week he was psyched! The culmination of all the events that took place in his life for the past one year gave him a rush and he took advantage of it by starting a new book. It wasn't entirely a new book, it was a sequel to the 'Who is she' novel. Uncle Idris advise was paying off.

Sadiq's dalliance with Janelle which was one of the most tempting time of his life, the encounter with the armed robbers on his way to Kano and now his little stunt on the horse which almost cost him his life. These were all what inspired him to write further, not forgetting how Zeenat and Humaira had reacted when he fell. He knew he had a master piece brewing and couldn't wait to hand over the manuscript for publishing.

He was interrupted by a new message. It was from Vanessa. She was back in the country and was complaining of how much workload she has at school. Although she had someone who helped her with her attendance, test and assignments, but what about the exam? How would she be able to prepare for it in such a short time!

"How did you do yours" she asked him referring to the time Sadiq was in such a tight corner.

"It wasn't easy and not impossible." he replied. "My advice; just get the area of concentration and focus on it. But be sure the area of concentration is genuinely from the lecturer."

"Thanks i will do that. But i am scared that i won't be able to assimilate everything."

"The Vanessa that i know can." he replied. "Remember how we always competed in secondary school? The first to third position kept rotating between me, you and Majid. I am sure that smart girl is still in you."

Back in secondary school the three of them dominated their class. They weren't friends back then and their struggle to come first was a war. Each time Vanessa came first the boys were always ashamed. It was embarrassing for a girl to triumph over boys. The girls would make mockery of them and dance to their face.

The next term the tide always changed with Majid or Sadiq topping the class. The girls by this time would hide in their shell and be unusually quiet, sometimes even charge at the boys for rubbing it on their face. They would condemn and sometimes report the boys act to their favourite teacher. Fast forward to two terms later with Vanessa topping the class, they would wear their mockery face again and make fun of the boys.

There was this time in S.S.2 second term when the three of them took the first position. Rumors spread that the head teacher intentionally did that because the difference between the three of them in that exam wasn't much and he was tired of their phony-war. At least there would be equality this term.

"You are right. Maybe i am just being lazy. I won't allow any man dominate our department. I will make sure of that." she smiled.

"That's the spirit." Sadiq became satisfied knowing that he has awoken that sexist demon in her. That was enough to inspire her to read and pass, if not for herself for the sake of all females.

"I saw Jennifer today." she informed him.

"Did you two exchange pleasantries?" he asked.

"No. She was indisposed. She was with one guy and they seemed intimate." she said.

"Boy friend?" he asked.

"I think so. Must be." she contemplated.

"I am telling you that girl has turned a new leaf." Sadiq said. He was convinced that she was a changed person now.

"I am beginning to think so too." replied Vanessa. There was this sad tone that she replied with, almost as though she was sad that Jennifer was a better person now. Evidently she liked the evil Jennifer. Even though she hated her guts, she loved her schemes.

If by now this surprises you then you don't know anything about Vanessa. She is an attention seeker. She would do anything for the media to talk about her. She enjoyed it. Her whole life is centered around thrill and drama. That's what makes her THE Vanessa. And without these she will be irrelevant to the media and being irrelevant means no one is talking about her and that to her is an apocalypse!

6 Likes

Re: Behind Her Veil by DandyPearl(f): 9:52pm On Nov 03, 2015
Well I'm glad nothing happened to Sadiq. Thanks Mattkent Donkross1 come ooo. Food don ready grin

1 Like

Re: Behind Her Veil by Olaxtra: 5:51am On Nov 04, 2015
Mattkent:

Guy how's ktown?

Nah hamarttan tinz ooh.
Re: Behind Her Veil by fiyah(f): 6:49am On Nov 04, 2015
*Exhaling relievingly* Sadik is alive,. That's what matters most... Bro Mattkent, thanks for the update but it's short
Re: Behind Her Veil by hubbulamin(m): 7:06am On Nov 04, 2015
WOW!!! WHAT A RELIEF..... **SIGHS

Really glad nothing happened to Sadiq... Thanks for the update Mattkent
Re: Behind Her Veil by Nobody: 8:12am On Nov 04, 2015
DandyPearl:
Well I'm glad nothing happened to Sadiq. Thanks Mattkent
Donkross1 come ooo. Food don ready grin

hubbulamin:
WOW!!! WHAT A RELIEF..... **SIGHS

Really glad nothing happened to Sadiq... Thanks for the update Mattkent

fiyah:
*Exhaling relievingly* Sadik is alive,. That's what matters most... Bro Mattkent, thanks for the update but it's short

It wasn't his time to die. When that time comes not even the blood of all d females will save him...grins*
Re: Behind Her Veil by Nobody: 8:14am On Nov 04, 2015
Olaxtra:

Nah hamarttan tinz ooh.
That's the best time to be in kano... for me. Miss that place!
Re: Behind Her Veil by Omotayor123(f): 8:22am On Nov 04, 2015
Mattkent:

It wasn't his time to die. When that time comes not even the blood of all d females will save him...grins*
It's a pity I haven't been following this story. But I can tell from its review that it's a Good story. Weldone!
Re: Behind Her Veil by Sageez(m): 11:59am On Nov 04, 2015
d way u started d last update made me think Sadiq was dead. B careful nt play wit my emotion and make sure sadiq dont die a virgin....lol.
Re: Behind Her Veil by Olaxtra: 5:41pm On Nov 04, 2015
Mattkent:

That's the best time to be in kano... for me. Miss that place!

That's right tho, seeing craze dressing
Re: Behind Her Veil by Nobody: 6:44pm On Nov 04, 2015
Omotayor123:

It's a pity I haven't been following this story. But I can tell from its review that it's a Good story. Weldone!

Thanks dear.
Re: Behind Her Veil by Nobody: 6:45pm On Nov 04, 2015
Sageez:
d way u started d last update made me think Sadiq was dead. B careful nt play wit my emotion and make sure sadiq dont die a virgin....lol.

That was my intention wink
Re: Behind Her Veil by Nobody: 6:46pm On Nov 04, 2015
Olaxtra:

That's right tho, seeing craze dressing
Wah kinda dressing is that?
Re: Behind Her Veil by Olaxtra: 7:19pm On Nov 04, 2015
Mattkent:

Wah kinda dressing is that?

Sahara ish
Re: Behind Her Veil by heemah(f): 7:46pm On Nov 04, 2015
Mattkent:

U be bad belle sha!!! Lolz. Btw, thank God Sadiq is still alive. demmy66, food don ready ooo!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Behind Her Veil by Mj45: 8:43pm On Nov 04, 2015
Thanks for sparing Sadiq cos his death would have meant the end of the story and I pray u won't make this a tragic story pls.

(1) (2) (3) ... (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) ... (91) (Reply)

NYSC: PPA:- Place Of Promiscuous Assignment / Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 / Forever And For Always - Story By Repogirl

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.