Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,316 members, 7,815,582 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:49 PM

Behind Her Veil - Literature (51) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Behind Her Veil (450645 Views)

Veil / Sequel: Behind Her Veil / Behind Her Veil (ebook) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) ... (91) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Behind Her Veil by Patotelli(m): 3:32pm On Nov 14, 2015
Hmmmhmmm.... Well, av bin a silent reader all this while but just decide 2 come outta hia. Abeg na oga mattkent i wan mak una join me as i dey posturati be dey beg am oo say make him upload abeggggggggggggggieeeeee!!!!!!. angryHmmmhmmm.... Well, av bin a silent reader all this while but just decide 2 come outta hia. Abeg na oga mattkent i wan mak una join me as i dey posturati be dey beg am oo say make him upload abeggggggggggggggieeeeee!!!!!!.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Behind Her Veil by Nobody: 4:21pm On Nov 14, 2015
Weeks went by before Kross finally called Vanessa. At first she totally forgot about him and couldn’t remember who he was when he tried to explain to her.

“Don’t you remember the guy at the department hall that bumped into you and asked you to sign on his heart?”

“Oh! I am sorry. How are you?” she asked.

“I am fine. And you? Hope the holiday isn’t as bored for you as it is for me?”

“Maybe even worse. My best friend isn’t around so there’s not much to do.” she replied.

Then Kross got a tickling idea.

“I could keep you company…in his absence.”

Vanessa smiled. To her she believed this was Jennifer’s handwork. Maybe she was trying to use Kross to get to her. This was probably the big plan she had been working on all these months. Now she was excited. At least the holiday won’t be boring after all. She would just play along.

“That would be a good idea. I will send you my address.”

Kross was so excited he made a fist.

“Tomorrow?” he asked.

“Yes. You can come tomorrow.”

“All right cool.” he replied.

“Bye.”

“Bye.” and they hung up. Kross was jubilating, making a victory dance and shouting;

“Yes you are the man.. you are the man!” pointing to himself.

Minutes later Vanessa dialed Sadiq’s number.

“Hey bae” he said, sounding chipper.

“Someone is in a good mood today.” Vanessa said, noticing how excited his voice sounded.

“I sent the sequel of the novel to the publishers and they loved it.” he announced.

“I am not surprised. Your imagination is out of this world.” she complimented.

“Thanks. So what’s up with you? Have you guys resumed?” he asked.

“We just vacated. Still have two weeks to play around.” she said then added. “Didn’t I tell you that Jennifer hasn’t changed?”

“What happened?” he asked.

“You remember that guy I said she was with, that I told you bumped into me at school? Well he called me now and wants us to hook up. It definitely smells of Jennifer.”

“I can’t even imagine what her plan is!” he said.

“Me too. But I plan to play along.”

“Be careful though.”

“I always am these days.” she replied.

Vanessa and Kross met the following day. To Kross it was a date and he was intent on pleasing her and wining her heart. To Vanessa it was a smelly fish that needed to be caught red handed.

It was all a complicated day and days between them. Vanessa waited for the shoe to drop but nothing happened. It was either Jennifer’s plan was stealth and Kross was a good actor or he was here on his own and meant every word he said.

She picked up her phone and dialed a number after days of waiting for something…anything to happen but none did.

“Hello.” she spoke into the phone mic.

“Hello?” Jennifer asked as though she didn’t have Vanessa’s number anymore, but she did have it.

“It’s Vanessa.” she said and paused trying to imagine what Jennifer’s reaction would be. Anything that would give her a clue to Kross’s presence in her life.

“So? Why are you calling me?!” she asked rudely.

Still unable to decipher anything from her voice. “Whatever plan you have with Kross I need you to quit because I have had enough of you!”

“Mtcheew!” Jennifer hissed and cut the call.

There was this disdain in Jennifer’s voice, the type that reflected as soon as she mentioned Kross’s name. Maybe they weren’t together after all. It kind of made sense now. The way Kross had been acting with her; the sincerity in his eyes and words, not even the best actor can act that well because it’s not an act, it’s his true self.

Falling in love isn’t the hard part, the hard part is staying in love and steering that relationship to the future and that’s one thing she doubt she could do. There is this fear in her that makes her believe no guy would want to stay in her life forever. She didn’t think she had that ‘charm’ and ‘flaw’ which would make any guy stand by her forever. She was a good friend but she doesn’t know about being a good partner!

Maybe it was time for her to jump out there and see how long she would last. The worst case scenario is he would break her heart and the best cure for that would be lying in her bathroom tub and eating lots of chocolates. One thing she loved more than boys is chocolate.. …lots of them!

At least that’s what she did the night after Sadiq said the three words to her at the galleria and she didn’t reply him. She didn’t regret it till date. Imagine losing your best friend because you couldn’t love him the way he might have wanted. If she were to have given him a positive reply that day, she doubted if they could have still been together by now!

Later that evening in Kano Sadiq got a call from his mother. She sounded very worried and a little angry. Apparently Anty told her about the accident he was involved in. She did try to persuade him not to partake in the horse race but he didn’t listen and the reason she called his mum was because he still had intention of riding again.

“We didn’t send you to Kano to get yourself injured! I don’t want to hear anymore of this nonsense, do you hear me?!” his mum.

“Yes ma.”

And that was the end of horse racing for him.

Since Humaira had travelled to Zaria, he found solitude in taking his usual hike and meditating. It was good for him. The best of ideas came to him whenever he was on the road, by himself. He would switch his phone to airplane mode and just keep walking, observing.

Although he was done with the ‘who is she’ novel and was sure he had given it a perfect ending. He knew it was a perfect end to an imperfect beginning. He remembered how the publisher praised the last line of the story, the part he quoted Albert Camus; ‘At the heart of all beauty lies something inhuman.’

It was not an happily ever after story. Even though that’s what everyone wished for, they still secretly yearned for a dramatic sad end and that was what he did to the ‘Who is she’ novel. That was why the publisher didn’t dither to accept it.

He was so deep in thought that he didn’t realize that he had walked far, far from the vicinity of his neighborhood. His feet didn’t hurt nor did he suffer from exhaustion or hydration. If there was anything he felt, it was an invigorating feeling in just seeing the secondary school students running out of the school premises. Some had their parents waiting to take them home while others walked with friends. Sadiq remembered the school, Humaira had told him that she attended it before she switched to another school; which was closer to their vicinity.

In Zaria, off campus, Humaira picked her phone, dialing Sadiq’s number. She remembered now. The dream, the building, it was her previous secondary school before she switched to the one closer to home. But that’s not the main reason she was trying to call him.

She recalled the song he was playing in his room, the one about; ‘having a dream about dying and finding no one there’. The tune of the song was the sound she heard in the dream she had that she narrated to Sadiq. And it wasn’t a coincidence that Sadiq happened to be playing the exact song the next morning. She had never even heard the song before, till that morning she heard Sadiq playing it, and the night before was when she had the dream! It was a clear sign that the dream was about Sadiq! Maybe this time she could stop this dream from happening only if Sadiq could just PICK HIS CALL!

“The number you have dialed is either switched off or out of coverage area, please try again later.”

She was distraught! Why was she having this feeling? This weird feeling?

She dialed Kazim’s number.

“Brother Kazim please where is Sadiq? I have been trying his number and it is not going through.”

“I think he is in his room. Should I go and give him the phone?” he asked.

There was a sign of relief from Humaira. Now she could warn him not to step out or go anywhere near that school or vicinity.

“Yes please.” she replied Kazim.

There was no word from Kazim for few seconds but Humaira could hear doors opening and closing.

“He is not in his room. I think he may have gone out.” replied Kazim staring into Sadiq’s room.

Humaira ended the call before Kazim even finished talking. She dialed Zeenat’s number.

It was still the same response from Zeenat.

She was despondent. All hope lost and gone. Maybe some things can’t be changed. Maybe even though we think and believe we can cheat nature it just finds a way to foil our plan.

Sadiq sighted a little girl exiting the school gate. She was probably twelve years or a year older. She had a beautiful smile and her face beamed brightly regardless of her state of being. She was a beautiful sight, an inspiring sight. At her young age she made use of clutches to support her steps but she didn’t let that take away the smile on her face. For a moment Sadiq paused, watching her.

Some other kids raced out of the school, hitting her and almost sending her to the hard ground. Sadiq flinched, wanting to rush to give her a hand but she held the clutches firmly.

There were numerous kids scattered around the street of the school. Most of them clustered around different ice cream sellers, patronizing them.

Without warning everyone around that vicinity scrambled to safety! A heavily dressed man held an automatic machine gun, shooting sporadically at the school children and parents! There was pandemonium and insanity! Cars of parents wanting to flee from the scene ran over little children that fell to the ground.

Sadiq was in a safe distance but he couldn’t run! His conscience haunted him! He couldn’t run away and leave that disabled girl lying on the floor, alone. Her clutches was hit away from her grip by the crowd of people running for safety. Even if she still had the clutches, there was no way she would be able to escape from the terrorist that was shooting at the innocent people. Just lying down there she was safe because the man was shooting without aim at those running.

But then there was silence. His ammunition was exhausted. He dropped his weapon, his eyes red and no soul in them! Sadiq could see him unbuttoning his vest. No one needed to tell him what was about to happen.

Sadiq raced to where the disabled girl was lying down helplessly. The terrorist was unbuttoning his vest really fast now. Sadiq raised the girl up, carrying her on his arms. There were not much people closer to him now except Sadiq and the girl. The man noticing Sadiq getting away started running fast towards him.

With the weight of the girl, Sadiq’s pace was slowed down but he still had the gap advantage over the terrorist. As Sadiq ran, he looked back. The terrorist was still far behind and his hands seemed to be touching several wires strapped to his chest and moment later, a deafening blast occurred, throwing and splitting to pieces everything and anything around!

And there was silence! As though nothing ever happened. There were fire ridden cars and bodies and smoke covering everywhere. Moments later there were wailing from parents that couldn’t identify their children bodies and children whose parents were burnt in their car without recognition! It was a disturbing sight which was ineffable!

The news soon covered the whole TV channels. Another suicide bomber kills twenty five people!

In Alhaji Najib’s house everyone was terrified. This was the first time ever they’ve attacked their state. It was almost seven in the evening now and Sadiq hasn’t still come home! Nobody wanted to imagine what they thought might have happened. But they still tried his number relentlessly and still kept getting the same response.

In Zaria Humaira had seen the news on TV. Her heart melted. Just then she knew it has happened. She called Kazim and he informed her that they haven’t still seen Sadiq and his number wasn’t going through. That was it! She burst into tears! Her voice had even signaled Kazim that she had been crying since. Kazim couldn’t say anything to her. He couldn’t tell her to stop crying that maybe he is safe, that maybe he is probably somewhere relaxing, he couldn’t tell her this because something told him that he was at the scene of the explosion!

Alhaji Najib and Anty called Sadiq’s parents. Fortunately, Mr. Animashaun was at home and was able to hold his wife before she almost fell to the ground on hearing the news.

“Please don’t cry. We are not just sure of his whereabouts now.” Anty spoke on the phone, her voice surrounded by deep emotions and sadness.

The next morning they went to the scene of the attack and they were first led to where the injured victims were. They checked each unit, each bed, each patient and Sadiq was not among them!

They were then led to the hardest part; where the dead bodies were. One of the men had told them it was no use checking because they were burnt beyond recognition, but they still insisted to check.

The man was right. There was no way to identify any of the bodies.

Kazim saw something, but only him would know this. Only him knew the shirt Sadiq wore yesterday, and the shirt was staring him at his face! He couldn’t say any words, his hands raised weakly as he pointed to the direction. His parents and the man looked at where he was pointing at and immediately Anty didn’t know when she cried out! Alhaji Najib had tear drops rolling down his face and Kazim, Kazim was too shaken to let out a cry or water his eyes.

5 Likes

Re: Behind Her Veil by heemah(f): 4:41pm On Nov 14, 2015
cry cry cry cry cry..It can't be...No! No!! No!!!!
Re: Behind Her Veil by Nobody: 5:09pm On Nov 14, 2015
heemah:

Don't be sad dear. This was eventually going to happen you know.

To all....next update tomorrow.
Re: Behind Her Veil by Abuklaw(m): 5:33pm On Nov 14, 2015
Mattkent:

crying spuriously!! Matt! Please safe sadiq.

1 Like

Re: Behind Her Veil by heemah(f): 5:35pm On Nov 14, 2015
Mattkent:

I can't believe this..No! He's not dead! He can't be dead..Atleast not so soon...Waiting anxiously for tomorrow's update...donkross, the bar is closed till further notice.. cry cry cry cry cry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Behind Her Veil by chinwezdasilva: 5:43pm On Nov 14, 2015
Make en no end hia embarassed
Re: Behind Her Veil by donkross1(m): 5:46pm On Nov 14, 2015
WooW.

1 Like

Re: Behind Her Veil by Sageez(m): 5:51pm On Nov 14, 2015
oh ma jez! No it can't be. SADIQKKKKKK. Please don't die. Jaanelle hope you have no hand in this
Re: Behind Her Veil by FuroGintle(m): 6:35pm On Nov 14, 2015
Sadiq u b mumu o, u wud hv still been alive had u bleeped hell outta janelle's pussy
Re: Behind Her Veil by Ibukunholuwa(f): 6:38pm On Nov 14, 2015
Am very sure sadiq is nt dead,,mattkent is just tryin to kil us wit suspence....My sadiq is stil alive angry
Re: Behind Her Veil by demmy66: 6:46pm On Nov 14, 2015
bleaking hope of having sadiq alive... just waiting for confirmatiin from mattkent before i start wailing...
Re: Behind Her Veil by hujaj: 7:12pm On Nov 14, 2015
Sadiq is purely alive, cus he ran away with the little kid..
Re: Behind Her Veil by Nobody: 7:49pm On Nov 14, 2015
Sadiq is not dead. It's just one of those twists u do, ryt Mattkent?
Re: Behind Her Veil by Nobody: 7:58pm On Nov 14, 2015
chinwezdasilva:
Make en no end hia embarassed

No e no fit end for here.
Re: Behind Her Veil by Nobody: 7:59pm On Nov 14, 2015
Sageez:
oh ma jez! No it can't be. SADIQKKKKKK. Please don't die. Jaanelle hope you have no hand in this

Hopefully you will read tomorrow's update to find out.
Re: Behind Her Veil by Nobody: 8:00pm On Nov 14, 2015
FuroGintle:
Sadiq u b mumu o, u wud hv still been alive had u bleeped hell outta janelle's pussy

Interesting...na wetin u for do?
Re: Behind Her Veil by Nobody: 8:02pm On Nov 14, 2015
Ibukunholuwa:
Am very sure sadiq is nt dead,,mattkent is just tryin to kil us wit suspence....My sadiq is stil alive angry

Na u save am? cheesy
Re: Behind Her Veil by Nobody: 8:03pm On Nov 14, 2015
demmy66:
bleaking hope of having sadiq alive... just waiting for confirmatiin from mattkent before i start wailing...

Better start wailing now....seriously.
Re: Behind Her Veil by donkross1(m): 8:03pm On Nov 14, 2015
As Sadiq don die now, all the girls wey go wan cry to mourn am. You can Lean on my shoulder cry
Re: Behind Her Veil by Nobody: 8:04pm On Nov 14, 2015
lovelygurl:
Sadiq is not dead. It's just one of those twists u do, ryt Mattkent?

hujaj:
Sadiq is purely alive, cus he ran away with the little kid..

Let's all just wait for next update to know since u r doubting.
Re: Behind Her Veil by Nobody: 8:07pm On Nov 14, 2015
donkross1:
As Sadiq don die now, all the girls wey go wan cry to mourn am. You can Lean on my shoulder cry

Free shoulders here...for ladies grin
Re: Behind Her Veil by donkross1(m): 8:08pm On Nov 14, 2015
Mattkent:

Free shoulders here...for ladies grin
strictly cute girls oo grin
Re: Behind Her Veil by Marshalees10(m): 9:26pm On Nov 14, 2015
I'm pretty gud at lending shoulders to crying ladies too. I'm sure donkross1 won't beat me on this. Moreso, I came with just too many handkerchiefs.

1 Like

Re: Behind Her Veil by mariamferanmi(f): 9:30pm On Nov 14, 2015
No! No!! No!!! It can't be!!!! It nt possible mattkent u can't do dis to sodiq nw!!! *crying*sobbing* pls tell me u are just pulling our legs? Btw great movie u got here.
Re: Behind Her Veil by Nobody: 9:38pm On Nov 14, 2015
donkross1:
strictly cute girls oo grin
abeg na na wetin we do u? We go dash u dis thread o, i no dey sabi wen oga matt don drop new because donkross name dey standby, i go run commot 4 dis thread 4 u, u b timekeeper b4 b4?
Re: Behind Her Veil by m003: 9:39pm On Nov 14, 2015
oga matt hope na for dream sadiq die abi if not not me and you dey ICC oooo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Behind Her Veil by DandyPearl(f): 9:48pm On Nov 14, 2015
Donkross1 so u don't know how to mention someone abiundecidedheemah you're ryt afterall the bar should be closed. Hemmm I need a sturdy shoulder with a cute face to lean on

1 Like

Re: Behind Her Veil by Afz9095(m): 10:15pm On Nov 14, 2015
I'm 101% sure say Sadiq no die, actor neva die na. If actor die dats d end of d film bt since mattkent say update still remain dat means 1 tin ...... Make u no giv my pals 4 dis thread High BP jare

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Behind Her Veil by Nobody: 11:50pm On Nov 14, 2015
Can't wait for the next update

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Behind Her Veil by myndd(m): 2:36am On Nov 15, 2015
Guy, u wan make person dy cry ni, u b boss sha

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Behind Her Veil by donkross1(m): 6:45am On Nov 15, 2015
Marshalees10:
I'm pretty gud at lending shoulders to crying ladies too. I'm sure donkross1 won't beat me on this. Moreso, I came with just too many handkerchiefs.

I no want competition undecided cheesy

rallyround:

abeg na na wetin we do u? We go dash u dis thread o, i no dey sabi wen oga matt don drop new because donkross name dey standby, i go run commot 4 dis thread 4 u, u b timekeeper b4 b4?

Nawa to you oo grin

DandyPearl:
Donkross1 so u don't know how to mention someone abiundecidedheemah you're ryt afterall the bar should be closed. Hemmm I need a sturdy shoulder with a cute face to lean on

Dandy baby, howfar na. I been think say you dey work na n I no wan disturb my shuga shuga. kiss

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) ... (91) (Reply)

NYSC: PPA:- Place Of Promiscuous Assignment / Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 / Forever And For Always - Story By Repogirl

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.