Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,250 members, 7,815,370 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:22 AM

Behind Her Veil - Literature (54) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Behind Her Veil (450625 Views)

Veil / Sequel: Behind Her Veil / Behind Her Veil (ebook) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) ... (91) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Behind Her Veil by donkross1(m): 4:42pm On Nov 17, 2015
Mattkent:
Will be updating today...in the night.

This will be the last update, the end.

Just joking wink
wheew cry
Re: Behind Her Veil by Ibukunholuwa(f): 4:50pm On Nov 17, 2015
Mattkent:
Will be updating today...in the night.
This will be the last update, the end.

Just joking wink
U Ehn
Re: Behind Her Veil by Nobody: 5:02pm On Nov 17, 2015
donkross1:
wheew cry

Wetin happen na
Re: Behind Her Veil by Nobody: 5:02pm On Nov 17, 2015
Ibukunholuwa:
U Ehn

cheesy what I do
Re: Behind Her Veil by donkross1(m): 5:05pm On Nov 17, 2015
Mattkent:

Wetin happen na
olboi I dey miss dz thread already na
Re: Behind Her Veil by heemah(f): 5:30pm On Nov 17, 2015
DandyPearl:
Heemah bia bia abeg. Come n see sumthing Ooo grin this is serz
Don't stress yourself too much Bestie.. let's join Henz24 and Calmdove together. Case closed!!!
Re: Behind Her Veil by Nobody: 5:45pm On Nov 17, 2015
donkross1:
olboi I dey miss dz thread already na

grin....me too I swear.
Re: Behind Her Veil by Marshalees10(m): 6:13pm On Nov 17, 2015
Mattkent we are still waiting oooo

1 Like

Re: Behind Her Veil by DandyPearl(f): 6:38pm On Nov 17, 2015
heemah:

Don't stress yourself too much Bestie.. let's join Henz24 and Calmdove together. Case closed!!!
The reason I love u darl grin. Yeppie case closed! Gbaun!
Re: Behind Her Veil by Calmdove(f): 7:04pm On Nov 17, 2015
heemah:

case no close oo. ah!!! Who wil cum to my aid oo? Dis na conspiracy of d highest order... I no gree at all heemah**see bestie of nowaday dey give advise,dandypearls U wan use me hook ur 1st boo boo so dat u will hav sumtin 2 say when donkross1 ask u.
Re: Behind Her Veil by ernie98(f): 7:23pm On Nov 17, 2015
*sobs*it cnt be true sadiq cnt die yet....cn i get an handkerchief pls?
Re: Behind Her Veil by heemah(f): 7:36pm On Nov 17, 2015
Calmdove:
case no close oo. ah!!! Who wil cum to my aid oo? Dis na conspiracy of d highest order... I no gree at all heemah**see bestie of nowaday dey give advise,dandypearls U wan use me hook ur 1st boo boo so dat u will hav sumtin 2 say when donkross1 ask u.
better go siddon! We r supposed to punish you for crushing on and plotting to snatch my boo's boo but out of our generosity, we decided to fix you with another girlfriend snatcher, you are still not grateful.. Don't let me invite Jennifer into this matter oo...Take henz24 jejely and boo each other...The elders have spoken!!!
Re: Behind Her Veil by emmyfresh200: 7:56pm On Nov 17, 2015
Why won't he die? When he messed up every thing. Go to hellundecided undecided
Re: Behind Her Veil by emmyfresh200: 8:05pm On Nov 17, 2015
He made up his mind....... FLIGHT MODE to hell undecided undecided
Re: Behind Her Veil by DandyPearl(f): 8:32pm On Nov 17, 2015
grin oya Mattkent nyt yaff come nowangryLemme arrange my mat and pillow cuz he b like say na this thread I wan sleep this nyt. Any nice chef in the house Biko cum nd serve me nd my darling heemah plus my shuga shuga an appetizing dish. Sageez u nt invited undecided. Meanwhile make I continue chilling with my guguru and zobo drink grin. Calmdove see its better u just concede to what my darling heemah have said. The case is closed - even the non-human's on this thread knows donkross1 is out-of-bounds. So please to the back seat with henz24

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Behind Her Veil by Nobody: 8:36pm On Nov 17, 2015
DandyPearl:
grin oya Mattkent nyt yaff come nowangryLemme arrange my mat and pillow cuz he b like say na this thread I wan sleep this nyt. Any nice chef in the house Biko cum nd serve me nd my darling heemah plus my shuga shuga an appetizing dish. Sageez u nt invited undecided. Meanwhile make I continue chilling with my guguru and zobo drink grin. Calmdove see its better u just concede to what my darling heemah have said. The case is closed - even the non-human's on this thread knows donkross1 is out-of-bounds. So please to the back seat with henz24

Hahah....madam cool down joor.
Re: Behind Her Veil by Nobody: 8:37pm On Nov 17, 2015
The light in Vanessa’s room lit up the next morning. There was a smile on her face, a smile that was new. She had tried Sadiq’s number the previous day to tell him of her new union with Kross but his number wasn’t reachable. They were a couple now, and madly in love. She couldn’t hold the excitement, she wanted to tell Sadiq right away.

She grabbed her phone again, thinking of the playful insults she would use to scold Sadiq for not being reachable since yesterday. She would tell him that she knew he wasn’t busy even though that’s the excuse he will try to give her.

“The number you have called is not reachable…please try again later.”

“I am going to deal with him for pretending to be busy. Silly boy!” she cursed and threw the phone on her bed.

“Mummy what’s wrong with brother Sadiq? Did he fall from a horse again?” Asmau asked her mother whose eyes were soiled since she heard the news from Anty.

“Mummy I am sure he will be fine. Stop crying.” Asmau used her tiny palms to wipe the tears off her mother’s face. “When he comes back we will scold him together and he will never ever ride any horse again”

Mrs. Animashaun sobbing increased. She pulled Asmau closer, wrapping her arms around her.

“He is in a better place now.” Mrs. Animashaun muttered the words.

“Where mum? Hospital?” Asmau asked.

Just then Mr. Animashaun exited from his room. His wife stood up and the three of them climbed downstairs to the garage.

“Don’t tell her anything.” Mr. Animashaun whispered to his wife and she nodded. He was travelling to Kano to claim Sadiq’s body and they had decided not to tell Asmau anything, at least not now. They know how devastated she would be..they knew she won’t be herself again once they tell her.

The car engine roared and passed through the open gate. Just as the gate man was closing the gate, Vanessa who was passing by dropped in. Unsuspected, she walked behind them and grabbed Asmau up, startling her and Mrs. Animashaun.

“Scared you!” she laughed at Asmau and greeted Mrs. Animashaun. Vanessa noticed the signs of tears in her eyes. “Are you all right ma?” she asked concerned. She hoped she was not having issues with her husband. She had noticed the way Mr. Animashaun held his face firmly and didn’t smile when she greeted him with a smile.

“You didn’t hear?” Mrs. Animashaun asked her surprised.

“No ma. I don’t think I know what you are talking about.” replied Vanessa.

Mrs. Animashaun didn’t respond. The three of them were in the living room now.

“Asmau go and tidy your room.” Mrs. Animashaun said to her, looking for privacy with Vanessa.

She knew her room was not in order so she didn’t protest.

Immediately she was gone, Mrs. Animashaun burst into tears. Vanessa was confused. As confused as she was something terrifying occurred to her. Sadiq's line has not been reachable since yeaterday, she hadn’t thought if something happened to him.

“What’s wrong ma?” she asked terrified to hear her reply.

Mrs. Animashaun sobbing intensified. She didn’t have the courage to say the words, to tell her that her son, her only biological child was dead!

“He is….. in a bet……ter place now!” she forced the words as she knew she would have to get used to the reality of it.

Vanessa didn’t need her to say it before she understood….she knew….she knew the moment Mrs. Animashaun sobbing intensified; she knew those were the tears of a mother that had lost her child! She only waited for her to reply, to reply and tell her something different. To tell her that she was crying because Sadiq fell from a horse, to tell her something which wasn’t as dreadful as death….but that was not to be.

Vanessa’s spirit at that moment died. There was a mighty ache in her chest, like a vacuum wide enough to swallow earth! She slipped from the chair and landed on the floor, dumb, eyes wet, breathing intensifying and her memories taking her back, back to every moment she shared with Sadiq. Every detail, every word ran through her he

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Behind Her Veil by Sageez(m): 8:41pm On Nov 17, 2015
DandyPearl:
u b bad belle *RED FACE*
Re: Behind Her Veil by Nobody: 8:42pm On Nov 17, 2015
Vanessa’s spirit at that moment died. There was a mighty ache in her chest, like a vacuum wide enough to swallow earth! She slipped from the chair and landed on the floor, dumb, eyes wet, breathing intensifying and her memories taking her back, back to every moment she shared with Sadiq. Every detail, every word ran through her head. Like a zombie, she stood up staggering into Sadiq’s room, standing by the open door and staring inside.

One of Sadiq’s long sleeves was hanging outside the wardrobe door. She drowned her face in it, sobbing ceaselessly. She threw herself on his bed, more tears flowing down her eyes and soiling the bed sheet.

Sometimes we live like we would never die, as though we would live forever but we know…..we know someday…somewhere...somehow we must die. We know tomorrow is not guaranteed..but we wish it will never come, we wish today will be an endless day, an endless day going ceaselessly with no night and day, just today and no tomorrow, and no chance of death. But this endless today with no death only exist in our head.

“Hello” Vanessa’s crying voice spoke into the phone.

There was a short silence from the other side.

“Hello?” Jennifer replied. “Let me guess…he has broken your heart same way he did mine and now you are calling me. Both of you should go to hell..bye!”

“Sadiq is dead!!!” Vanessa shouted it before Jennifer could end the call.

There was silence again from Jennifer as she listened to Vanessa’s sobbing and the news shaking her body. She knew this was not some act…this was real.

“When?” her voice asked softly.

“I don’t know…” she mumbled…”Maybe during the insurgent attack..i dunno…but he is dead!”

Jennifer’s body felt weak. She was at her work place for a photo shoot. She grabbed the nearest chair close to her and sat down.

The line was silent for more than five minutes.

“Are you at home?” Jennifer asked.

“Yes.”

“I am coming over.” replied Jennifer.

And sometimes it takes the worst of things to happen for severed friendship to return and unite for the sake of a shared memory. Only then would we realize that that space, that empty fake space we created just to push others away from our life wasn’t worth it. But sometimes it would have been too late to realize this, too late to go back and change those silly things which we call; ego. It would have been too late, too late to see that smile of that friend again, forever!

Zeenat shut herself in her bedroom. Nothing made sense to her anymore. At a point she thought she was cursed. She must be, she thought. If not why do the people she loves the most always die! Why? Why did her parents die and leave her? And why did the greatest thing to ever happen to her, to ever love her like no one ever has leave her? Why did Sadiq have to go too?

Her eyes were swollen, tears rolling and nothing in the world made any sense again. Nothing!

Some people aren’t easy to forget, they come into your life and even when they leave, they leave something behind, inside you. She knew she would never be able to forget Sadiq. She knew she would never heal from this ache.

They had a plan, a plan to get married and have beautiful kids. To be the happiest young couple ever. To make their matrimonial home their heaven…to play hide and seek….to watch late night movies and cuddle up. He even promised to cook for her when she couldn’t, when she would be carrying their little angel in her womb……these were the dreams that kept her alive despite losing her parents. But now there was nothing to live for anymore. How can she live when half of her was gone…gone into oblivion!

Weeks later back in Lagos, Vanessa’s hand stretched weakly to grab her phone. She was lying on the floor in her bathroom. She tapped on the screen, her vision failing her, but she eventually succeeds in dialing the number.

“Heloo” Jeniffer’s voice was audible.

“Jenn…come.” Vanessa mumbled into the phone and it fell from her grip.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Behind Her Veil by Nobody: 8:44pm On Nov 17, 2015
Loving this thread nd men nd women in d thread

1 Like

Re: Behind Her Veil by Nobody: 8:46pm On Nov 17, 2015
“Jenn…come.” Vanessa mumbled into the phone and it fell from her grip.

“Hello? Vanessa? Hello?” Jennifer’s was worried now.

Ten minutes later she broke the entry door and met Vanessa lying on the floor.

“Oh my God! Not again!” she brings out her phone and dials a number. “Hello Kross. Can you come now..to Vanessa’s house?”

“Okay on my way.” he replied without asking, leaving whatever he was doing.

Minutes later they were in a hospital with Vanessa lying on the bed surrounded by Jennifer, Kross and her mother. The moment she opened her eyes Kross and Jennifer rushed to her side. Her gaze fell on her mom and she could see disappointment written all over her face.

“You two should go home now and rest.” Mrs. Walter said to Jennifer and Kross.

They both kissed Vanessa on her cheeks, waved when they were by the door and left. Vanessa turned her head the opposite way, away from her mum. She knew she was going to scold her right away.

“This is the second time in three weeks that you’ve almost killed yourself with that illegal substance! Why would you let your friend’s death ruin your life? I can’t take this anymore!” Mrs. Walter’s said and paused when the nurse came in to check on Vanessa.

“I can’t concentrate at work…..” she continued as soon as the nurse left. “Anytime my phone rings I fear that someone is about to tell me that something has happened to you! Why can’t you just act like a grown young woman for once?”

Vanessa sniffed.

“I miss him!” her voice rough from crying.

Her mum sighed. Even as a mother there are certain things that you would be new to, that you won’t know how to handle the right way and put in order. No one will teach you this, no one will tell you how to use a glove to carefully solve your child’s heart break delicately.

She sat on the bed now, closer to Vanessa. Her voice softer and lighter.

“I know you do. But I know he wouldn’t want you to be this miserable. He would want you to pick yourself up and make him proud. Don’t you think?” Mrs. Walter asked. “Don’t you think he will rather want to see you out there, chasing those dreams both of you always talked about? Don’t you think he would be rolling in his grave to know that you’ve been trying to kill yourself?”

Vanessa nodded. She knew her mother was right. But his absence, his absence tore into her.

A week later Vanessa was with luggage in hands, along with Jennifer, Kross and her mum.

“Make sure you call immediately you get there.” her mother said to her, gave her a hug.

“I will miss you!” Jennifer hugging her, a tear dropping from her eyes. She wipes it off before anymore sees it.

“I will miss you too. But we will Skype everyday.” replied Vanessa.

“Promise?” asked Jennifer.

“Promise and hope to die.” she promised.

“Hey babe.” Kross, standing face to face with Vanessa.

“I don’t know why everyone is being melodramatic. It’s not like i have cancer.” she laughed.

“How do you expect us to react? You’re relocating to London and leaving us behind. You didn’t even think about me, your boo.” Kross holding her hands.

“I have always wanted to relocate there. Sadiq was the one that stopped me. There is this small house I love there. I have already talked to an agent about it.’ She looked at him and realized he wasn’t concerned about that. All he want is for her to stay. But she can’t. She couldn’t imagine waking up every morning, staring at Sadiq’s window and not seeing him staring back. Even though she had stopped him from climbing into her room through the window, she missed it now and would do anything for time to go back to those days.

“We will Skype, won’t we? It would just be like we are together.” She added.

“No! It wouldn’t be like when I am with you. No technology can replace that!”

And they hugged, long warm hug for almost a minute before he let her go.

She scampered away to the departure section, stopped and took one last glance at them before joining the crowd.

2 Likes

Re: Behind Her Veil by haliluck(f): 8:46pm On Nov 17, 2015
Mattkent finally!!! Lemme run nd read d update b4 it disappears

1 Like

Re: Behind Her Veil by haliluck(f): 8:46pm On Nov 17, 2015
Vanessa almost made me cry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Behind Her Veil by Rukkydelta(f): 8:46pm On Nov 17, 2015
Hmmmm
Re: Behind Her Veil by Nobody: 8:47pm On Nov 17, 2015
I dunno why its truncating. Tried posting it in one piece.
Re: Behind Her Veil by DandyPearl(f): 8:47pm On Nov 17, 2015
Sageez:
u b bad belle *RED FACE*
I'm aware dearie that I be bad belleundecided even the non-humans and elders know about it grin
Re: Behind Her Veil by donkross1(m): 8:52pm On Nov 17, 2015
DandyPearl Oya coman sit close to me incase you wanna cry. embarassed
Re: Behind Her Veil by heemah(f): 8:53pm On Nov 17, 2015
Didnt k w when tears rolled down my cheek! Thats touching! Oh my!! I still cant believe Sadiq is dead! The pain of losing a loved one!! Hmmnn!!! cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
Mattkent, plss!!! Biko! Do Allah! Dakun!!! Come and update more...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Behind Her Veil by donkross1(m): 8:54pm On Nov 17, 2015
heemah:
Didnt k w when tears rolled down my cheek! Thats touching! Oh my!! I still cant believe Sadiq is dead! The pain of losing a loved one!! Hmmnn!!! cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
Mattkent, plss!!! Biko! Do Allah! Dakun!!! Come and update more...
u sef come here, borrow my shoulder till Mattkent comes back

1 Like

Re: Behind Her Veil by DandyPearl(f): 9:00pm On Nov 17, 2015
Yelz love I'm here already. Its touching. But I'm expecting sadiq to prove us wrong and just walk in. Heemah plz don't cry baby.
Re: Behind Her Veil by Nobody: 9:10pm On Nov 17, 2015
donkross1:
u sef come here, borrow my shoulder till Mattkent comes back

What am I seeing?? undecided Guy park well.
Re: Behind Her Veil by donkross1(m): 9:12pm On Nov 17, 2015
Mattkent:

What am I seeing?? undecided Guy park well.
habaa grin na ur own I dey do na. I no fit runz my bro boo na. Nawa to you oo

(1) (2) (3) ... (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) ... (91) (Reply)

NYSC: PPA:- Place Of Promiscuous Assignment / Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 / Forever And For Always - Story By Repogirl

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.