Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,186 members, 7,953,668 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 10:18 PM

247NewsUpdateNG's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 247NewsUpdateNG's Profile / 247NewsUpdateNG's Posts

(1) (2) (3) (4) (of 4 pages)

Politics / Re: Recession: Quit Now, PDP To Buhari by 247NewsUpdateNG: 9:03am On Sep 15, 2016
WhiskeyTangoFox:

So in essence, the names of the list are the only ones guilty of crime? Members of the current APC administration who were in the ruling party over the years dint indulge in crime? Or is it a coincidence dat d names on d list jst happens to b non - apc members? If all this pple are guilty as u said, then y hasn't 1 person bin convicted and sentenced? Minister of Interior Dambazau wld've had his name on this list of he wasn't an APC member. Ok, from the loot recovered, where has d money bin channelled to? Y isn't this fight against corruption transparent enough for the masses to know d recovered funds aren't jst bein embezzled again? Finally, as much as I think corruption cleansing done holistically will b good for dis country, how has prioritising the fight against corruption helped to stabilise the economy and grow the naira? Pls let's drop d sentimental subjective perception and think objectively so the positive change can effect the future generations, afterall, regardless of the party in control, most of us want good governance, and the best for Nigeria.....We really have to stop siding with these politicians, APC, PDP or whatever. Until we do, these politicians regardless of the political party will continue to take us d masses for a ride...

Foremost, I'll advise you try understanding a post before you drop your thoughts.

Your thoughts are excellent but it would have held water only if the topmost Royal father in Nigeria's 'Center of Commerce' was/is a PDP chieftain.
Literature / Re: Chimamanda Adichie Celebrates Her 39th Birthday Today by 247NewsUpdateNG: 8:55am On Sep 15, 2016
Avalon316:
Bloody feminist rejected by black men. Currently managing a white man's soft d1ck.

Hope these hungry naija feminists will follow suit and marry white men.

Any day your topics collectively garner up to 1000 views, your comment might be looked into but for now, here is two cents for your thoughts.
Literature / Re: Chimamanda Adichie Celebrates Her 39th Birthday Today by 247NewsUpdateNG: 8:52am On Sep 15, 2016
opeyemiieblog:
hbd.... but who is she??

No pun intended but how can you call yourself a (Nigerian) blogger when you don't know certain things?

1 Like

Politics / Re: Recession: Quit Now, PDP To Buhari by 247NewsUpdateNG: 8:33am On Sep 15, 2016
Omonigeriarere:

Why we have recession:

* Tompolo was paid 13Billion
* Ex-CDS,Alex Badeh dug a pit toilet to hide $32m
* Patience Jonathan is claiming $31m,she has sued the Nigerian state
* Femi Fani-Kayode took 740M
* Dasuki used trucks to load over $35B from the CBN
* Olisa Metuh took 400M
* Aziboala,GEJ's cousin took 6B naira
* Nenadi Usman took 3.5B naira
* Fayose took 3B naira
* Obanikoro took 4Billion naira
* Olu Falae took 100M naira
* Tony Anenih-400M naira
* Oritsejafor-$35M
* Former Air Chief Amosu-2Billion naira
* Lucky Igbinedion-16B naira
*Bode-George and Dabo-100B naira
* Jolly Nyame-2.4B naira
* Joshua Dariye-700M naira
*Nyesom Wike stole #4b
* Diezzani nko with $20 billion missing oil money?
15 billon dollars missing from arms fund,
10 billion naria, converted to dollars and given as gift to delegstes of PDP Nation convention, Bafarawa collected 3 billion for spiritual purposes ,
12. 7 billon naria for deceased NEPA staff grow winds and disappeared,
20 billion dollars missing from NNPC accounts,
23 billon naira as bribe to INEC staffs to rig the general election, the list is endless. They only left what they cant carry or unable to lay their hands on..The list continues..
Recession didn't just happen, people stole it into happening....

Now HEAR THE THIEVES

1- I acted based on Jonathan instruction- Dasuki

2- I didn't give order- Jonathan

3- I collected 350M from Dasuki for consultation- Iyorchia Ayu

4- I only collected $30,000 from Dasuki not N100m- Bode George

5-I got N4.6b from Dasuki for spiritual purposes- Bafarawa

6-I got N650M from Dasuki for my Abuja burnt office- Thisday Obaigbena.

7-I got N2.1b from Dasuki for publicity- Dokpesi

8- I got another N100m from Yuguda he didn't tell me from where- Bafarawa

9- I gave N100m each to Odili, Jim Nwobodo Bode George and others- Yuguda

10- The president asked me to change N10B to foreign currency for PDP delegates- Dasuki

11- My boss asked me to get $11M from the CBN- Dasuki account officer.

12- I got order from above to pay Tompolo N13B for Maritime university land.- Nimasa DG.

13- 950m was shared in my house-- shekarau

With all this looting and many more revealed some people are still shouting no sign of change yet, they even say it's political persecution.

But I believe, it is the right thing to do. There must be consequence for crime otherwise Nigeria will not develop.

GOD BLESS NIGERIA....!!!

Oh! And you forgot to add the Royal father that buys a new Roll Royce every other month.

2 Likes

Phones / Apple Completely Sells Out Initial Batch Of Iphone 7 Plus by 247NewsUpdateNG: 8:26am On Sep 15, 2016
Initial quantities of the iPhone 7 Plus have sold out globally as Apple Inc prepares to roll out its new gadget in stores, the company said on Wednesday.

Supplies of the larger size of Apple's new phone have been exhausted in all shades, and the smaller iPhone 7 has also sold out in the new jet black color, the company said.

Customers who enter Apple Stores on Friday, when the gadgets hit shelves, will not be able to purchase the sold-out phones on site, but they can continue to place orders for their desired models online, Apple said.

"We sincerely appreciate our customers' patience as we work hard to get the new iPhone into the hands of everyone who wants one as quickly as possible," Apple spokeswoman Trudy Muller said in a statement.

Apple launched the new phones at a San Francisco event earlier this month. The gadgets feature improved cameras and eliminate the traditional headphone jack in favor of new technology.

Breaking with tradition, the company will not release first-weekend sales of the iPhone 7 and 7 Plus, saying the figure is more a reflection of supply than demand.

The decision sparked concerns among some on Wall Street, where many fear sales of the iPhone, a critical product for Apple, may be leveling off. But U.S. wireless carriers Sprint Corp. and T-Mobile US Inc. said on Tuesday they received strong pre-orders for the iPhone 7, sending Apple shares up.

"Based on everything I've seen it looks like demand is very strong," analyst Jan Dawson of Jackdaw Research wrote in an email.

The 5.5-inch iPhone model, known as the Plus, has sold out soon after launch since Apple introduced the size with the iPhone 6 in 2014. Phones in newly released finishes are also typically snapped up quickly by customers eager to showcase the latest iPhone design.

Religion / Re: I Was A Secret Atheist Until I Stumbled On Seun's Thread by 247NewsUpdateNG: 6:19pm On Sep 14, 2016
HardMirror:

If it makes u feel important.

Important means of much or great significance or consequence.

Judging that the reference would help a great deal in your journey, it sure does.
Religion / Re: I Was A Secret Atheist Until I Stumbled On Seun's Thread by 247NewsUpdateNG: 6:14pm On Sep 14, 2016
HardMirror:

Odd. What do you mean by believer of science? Even religious folks believe in science (more than their god) or why do you think they rush to hospitals and not god when they have health issues. As for freethinking and atheism I don't know what you mean.

Your reply still points to one direction, which is that you really need tutoring, as I previously said.
Religion / Re: I Was A Secret Atheist Until I Stumbled On Seun's Thread by 247NewsUpdateNG: 1:11pm On Sep 14, 2016
HardMirror:
I never knew there where atheists in Nigeria and I kept pretending to be a Christian until one day I accidently opened the religion section of nairaland and saw this thread www.nairaland.com/1981089/atheist-comedy-videos.

When I saw peoples comments and how bold the atheists were, I threw my garment of pretense away and boldly told my family and friends I was no longer a christian.

Darkmatter2525 really helped me to be outspoken as an atheist. Before then I was just a pretender.

You really need a lot of tutoring on the differences of being a believer of science, freethinking and atheism.

1 Like

Politics / Re: Tunde Idiagbon's 74th Posthumous Birthday Is Today by 247NewsUpdateNG: 1:07pm On Sep 14, 2016
SamuelAnyawu:
Nice Man

Yeah.

N/B: If you are indeed the actual Sen. Samuel Anyanwu or his media team, you have to start canvass for grassroot support now through traditional (offline) and media (online) publicity else in 2019, what almost happened in 2011 (election rigging) will surely happen, unopposed.
Romance / Re: I Will Open My Leg To As Many Man As I Can So That My Husband Will Have It Wide. by 247NewsUpdateNG: 7:53am On Sep 13, 2016
yekparikpa:
Joro be forging fake stories to stay relevant!

I used to think only I noticed the forgeries!
Religion / Re: Am I Becoming An Atheist ?? by 247NewsUpdateNG: 10:21am On Sep 12, 2016
Seun:
It does. There's no way you could logically come to believe that any holy book is a message from the creator of the universe. It's impossible.

Then why do you read biographies?
Religion / Re: My Six Year Old Half Brother Doesn't Seem To Understand That God Is Real by 247NewsUpdateNG: 12:59am On Sep 05, 2016
AnonyNymous:

1. As I've said, people like Criss Angel and other illusionists make things so real. Howeve, there are verifiable cases of supposed 'reincarnation'. I explain this with the M-Theory, which has studies that infer that consciousness might actually not be a part of the body, and that space consists of 11 dimensions including 'fine' matter, instead of the thee x,y,z spatial dimensions we know. So that 'consciousness' could be what you're referring to as a soul.
This is just a hypothesis, however, and I have not seen any study calling our mind the 'conscience'.

2. You made this statement:

And you're missing the point of my responses. If the holy spirit is what is telling us what to do orn not, what about our forefathers? Who was telling them? Or what about people in say, North Korea who will never even hear the name Jesus in their life? Who is telling them right from wrong? Does that mean you're damned to go to hell if you don't know of the Christian faith?

You missed the point again.
The spirit in humans (what you referred to as the mind), not the Holy Spirit, is what science refer to as conscience.
Religion / Re: My Six Year Old Half Brother Doesn't Seem To Understand That God Is Real by 247NewsUpdateNG: 8:28pm On Sep 04, 2016
AnonyNymous:

• There's nothing ambiguous about the term 'illusion'. Its simply
"an instance of a wrong or misinterpreted perception of a sensory experience."
Criss Angel's illusions are televised events, so he uses technology and a few other tricks to achieve his.
Pastors who perform illusions might just have tricks up their sleeves, or might mess with your perception through things like hypnosis. Bottom line, illusions aren't real. So you can't use Criss Angel to prove that the 'supernatural' exists.

•Either way, our forefathers had their own perception of wrong and right and their 'conscience' pricked them when they did what was wrong,and made them relaxed when they killed twins.

• Using Criss Angel as a reference was wrong.
What explanation do you have for soul travels?

• FYI, that inner spirit that told our forefathers that killing of twins was right is what science termed conscience.
PS, read through my first comment and try understanding my use of the term 'Conscience' in this situation.
Religion / Re: My Six Year Old Half Brother Doesn't Seem To Understand That God Is Real by 247NewsUpdateNG: 5:29pm On Sep 04, 2016
AnonyNymous:

1. Criss Angel is an illusionist. His tricks aren't real. He said so himself.

2. You said the holy spirit is the 'conscience'. What about African people before the British came? They had no conscience? They're all going to burn in hell? After all, to them, it was the right thing to murder and burn twins as protection from evil. And I'm sure you don't believe the holy spirit told them to do that

• You have to fully understand illusions before using or applying the term in any context.

• I didn't say the Holy Spirit is the conscience. I said the spirit in humans (that supposedly pricks them when they do wrong or applaud them when right) is what science termed conscience.
Religion / Re: My Six Year Old Half Brother Doesn't Seem To Understand That God Is Real by 247NewsUpdateNG: 1:53pm On Sep 04, 2016
The fact that you can't comfortably explain to a SIX year old kid that there are things that are unfathomable to the human mind, and can only be fully accepted with the help of the Holy Spirit, entails that you need help yourself.
YES! The Holy Spirit.

Any atheist that believes in science definitely believes in the conscious, subconscious and unconscious realms of humans.
Conscious: Awake
Subconscious: Dream (whether daydreaming, zoning or asleep)
Unconscious: Coma, Dead
The fact that a conscious person can slip into subconsciousness or unconsciousness means definitely there is a spirit in him and if there is a spirit in every individual, why can't there be a Holy Spirit telling the spirit in humans (which science call conscience) what to do or not?
With the help of the Holy Spirit and the Bible (written by prophets, apostles and disciples with the inspiration of the Holy Spirit), you'll be able to explain to that kid, any kid and adult alike that there are things that can't be explained by humans.

Any atheist or free thinker who doubt the existence of the spirit realm should watch and read the documentaries of Cris Angel.

2 Likes

Phones / Re: See The Epic Reply I Gave To This Petty Scammer by 247NewsUpdateNG: 3:09pm On Sep 01, 2016
First and foremost, pick a dictionary and get the definitions of epic or better still use your phone to check it online. That's one of the beneficial uses of a data-enabled phone. If you find it difficult to comprehend the definitions given, you can also follow the TrailerJamShow on IG and Twitter for better understanding.

Up next, you need tutoring on social media etiquettes and there are various online institutes and universities where you can get it FREE so I suggest you get on Google search engine immediately. In case, you don't know how to look that up, just type 'Institutes to get a FREE course on social etiquettes'.

Finally, next time you feel like throwing cyber tantrums, please don't include any native language.
Rather, use English or Pidgin. This is one of the reasons Nairaland has remained a inter-tribal warzone.

To end this piece of advice, I dare you to behave in a matured manner and not throw an unnecessary tantrum on this. I doubt you are capable of that tho'.

Thanks for understanding and do have a nice day.
Foreign Affairs / Re: Queen Elizabeth II Is Dead At 80 Years by 247NewsUpdateNG: 2:11am On Aug 26, 2016
ahnie:
Sauce pls@op
Chicken Sauce
Religion / Re: The Failure Of Atheism To Account For Existence by 247NewsUpdateNG: 6:57pm On Aug 25, 2016
donnffd:
You shoot yourself in the foot...

First you say that anything that exists was caused by somethingelse, then you conclude that nothing brought the creator into existence!...really?

So if nothing brought him to existence, then why is it so hard to assume that nothing brought the universe into existence?

Or if you say he has always existed, then why is it hard to assume that the universe has always existed?

The quagmire state that you're in is one that is common with those who tend to explore things that are not to be explored.

You should be more bothered with 'Why people stop breathing in places with abundant oxygen' or 'Why exactly two moles is mixed with a mole of oxygen to make water' and 'Why it remains two moles of hydrogen and one mole of oxygen (in a gaseous state) even when acted upon by hydrocarbons (a mixture of HYDROGEN and carbon)'.
Religion / Re: The Four Types Of Fear I Faced on my journey To Atheism by 247NewsUpdateNG: 1:34pm On Aug 25, 2016
hopefuLandlord:
DISCLAIMER: This post is about the fears I (Hopefullandlord) faced, I'm not saying such fears are what's keeping people theists but if you're a theist and the shoe fits, please wear it

This is not a thread about HOW I became atheist; NO, its about the fears I had during my journey

Atheism is something I actually became for a long before finally embracing it, this was long before I even knew what the word "atheism" means, so if there had never been an atheist before me, I would have been the first one

Part of the reasons it took so long for me was FEAR, not having anyone around me to guide me on that path made me stick with theism for a long time

Lets examine those fears that kept me theist

1 fear of failing in life due to lack of belief in god

stories were told in churches, at house fellowship, at home, at school, at almost everywhere imaginable about people failing in businesses, academics, sports, marriage, health and other walks of life, and they kept failing until they met Jesus; after meeting Jesus, successes in their businesses, health, marriage, academics followed automatically; these stories usually sounds very spellbinding and are usually followed with the popular bible verse

Matthew 6:33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

Mount Zion films also cemented this kind of fear, their films show all you need is Jesus

Hey bro, you don't have any hand? No legs? You can still become a Ronaldo Delima if you believe

Hey bro, you don't have a job? You can have a brand new car, a mansion and huge pile of hard bills in the next one minute if you believe

I know I exaggerated in the two examples above but consider stories of a someone driving from Ore to Lagos on empty tank; someone reparking a Car that had no engine (that story was all over Facebook)

our mathematics teacher who is one such born again was actually the most hungry looking out of all our teachers told us a story about a boy who didn't joke with his spiritual life, this boy according to him kept praying, fasting and attending fellowships; this actually took a toll on him when examination came as he was too busy facing spiritual life rather than reading; when results of the examination was out, he had the best result; naturally, we (the students or should I say audience) didn't believe this story at that point but our math teacher wasn't done, he said that boy passed because an angel appeared to him in the examination hall with answers, stood in front of him and told him to write those answers, no one could see the angel except this prayerful boy; we all believed the story ( secondary school brain)

To someone that's used to hearing stories like these almost every month since birth, the message is very clear Jesus provides everything Ask anything with faith and you have it

Such a fear was the easiest to overcome out of all my fears (it wasn't "easy" though)

How I Overcame that fear

I overcame that fear by keen observation, looking at the fact that the man or woman that prays the most is usually one of the poorest around

"Born again" students fail while a doubter like me succeed with flying colours; I then started to wonder where that "examination Hall angel" was when those prayerful students were failing

Seeing believers fail academically and me succeed actually made me realise that no matter the level of prayer you pray, you need to read, no angel would appear to you AND if you don't pray at all but read very well, you would definitely pass with flying colours

This fear was conquered early on in my life which enabled me embrace atheism faster, do you know why?

This is where it gets interesting

As you grow older, such fears transform from something you have much more control over; eg academics which involves studying, seriousness and reading; basically everything is in your hands, hence easy to debunk the "examination hall angel" logic since all power belongs to YOU and YOU alone TO things that you have much lesser control over; e.g Businesses which depends on a lot of luck; once you become an adult with those fears, it would be very hard to shake off, it becomes a part of you, you start thinking you can NEVER succeed in anything without Jesus

2nd fear is fear of witches, wizards, principalities, powers, spiritual attacks from extended families e.t.c

This was very hard for me to shake, growing up in Nigeria and hearing all sorts of stories about jazz being used on people kept me theist for many years too

Stories of people being freed from nightmares and impending death by mentioning the name of Jesus, stories in "fire in the word" by MFM (I read this bulletin every week, it was 10 naira back then)

Many tales of witchcraft attacks, tales about people using the name of Jesus to overcome those "attacks"

There was even a story of ritual killers transporting a woman to the kill location, this woman then kept shouting the name of Jesus in the bus being used to transport her, this name started causing commotion among the kidnappers and they told her to shut up, she however kept shouting the name until one of the kidnappers had to shut her mouth with a duct tape, she then used her hand to write "Jesus" on the floor of the bus, commotion resumed among the kidnappers and they had to stop the bus to let her leave

Stories of people that are born again being rejected by our local gods from being used as sacrifice while an unbeliever was accepted and sacrificed to the gods instead

Stories of extended families using jazz to bring family members back from abroad

Stories of love potions

Stories of relatives using spiritual means to keep their family members from succeeding in life

Stories of destinies being padlocked and thrown in the wilderness

Stories of grandmothers preventing their grandchildren from succeeding through spiritual means

Every Sunday, you're told these stories or their spinoffs

These stories were being reiterated by Christian movies and even secular movies are not left out

How I overcame that fear

The "grandmother" one made me start to question everything, my grandmother would prevent me from succeeding? Pure hogwash

Little by little, I started questioning each one

Witchcraft; that was the second one, there was this girl that people call a witch in school, she was feared by all and tales abound, like co students falling sick after having issues with her, even a particular girl died because of that; one day, I had a disagreement with her, she slapped me and I beat the holy crhap out of her, I beat her knowing I'm dying anyways, all through the rest of that school day, I was looked upon with pity by fellow students, most of them believing they'll never see me again, well I guess you know if I survived or not, right?

Your businesses and work fail because of anything but spiritual; I'm yet to see a business that keeps proper books fail without knowing the reason for the failure; t worst they fail due to bad luck

As I grew up, that fear got smaller and smaller; I looked at the huge level of curses being directed at bosses in Nigeria, its a surprise such bosses didn't fall down and die; how could Babangida kill so many people and none of them think it worthy to use "spiritual means" to eliminate him? Those Indians that are known to exploit us, they are stil going strong

Why can't that "spiritual means" be used to kill Boko Haram? Why is anybody even living since we should've all killed ourselves through those means since there would be someone somewhere who "deserves" those means

That was tough to overcome but I did anyways

3 Fear of what my family members might think

Hopefullandlord, What would your mother say? How would she feel? Your father? Have you thought about that? These words kept ringing in my brain

This was not really a "fear" thing but just a case of being in limbo out of respect, my parents take spiritual matters very seriously

This I overcame but I won't go into details because its more of a personal thing, what rocks my boat may sink yours

4 Fear of Yahweh himself, Hell fire and all

This fear was the hardest, hell fire, I'm burning for eternity

No one to save me, me and the devil who would torture me forever

Movies, books, Christian magazines, bible, everything points to hell one way or another

Here's the thing A visceral fear of something doesn't disappear automatically when you reason that the thing in question doesn't exist. You can still be scared of ghosts late at night just because it's late at night, even though you can clearly reason during a sunny afternoon that spirits are nonsense. Reason unfortunately doesn't override emotion just like that. It took time, fear of hell still remained for a long long time;

early morning preachers use hell fire as theme; you hear of hell almost everywhere
it kept cemented in my head and it was the HARDEST fear to overcome

But I overcame by realising all Muslims are hellbound; no matter how good they lived their lives, I started thinking about the good Muslims around, I then determined that hell is the place for me, let me point out that I don't believe in hell but indoctrination can be an almost impossible thing to overcome

So I started joking Elvis Presley, Fela and most of the popular people are going to hell, I won't be the only one there to be burning forever

Once I overcame this fear, I realised the absurdity of hell fire, it doesn't make ANY sense

Nothing I can do in this life warrants eternal torture

Even if I kill everyone in the world, I still don't think it warrants eternal torture let alone going to hell because of a lack of belief

Here's the thing; fear of Hell is an accident of your birth and not an indication of reality. Your parents/people around you taught you to fear Hell because they fear Hell. If you had been born to Hindus you would have been raised to believe in reincarnation. If you had been born a Viking you would have been taught that the only way to get into Heaven was to cross a rainbow bridge after dying gloriously in battle.

And BTW

Which hell?

Christian hell?

Muslim hell?

Hades?

Little by little, all these fears disappeared and I started taking full responsibility for my life, there's no witch that would prevent my success and I am succeeding

There you have it; all the fears that gave Christianity "life support" in my life for a long time

Thanks for the read

First and foremost, I want to congratulate on your supposed overcome of the greatest cankerworm in life, FEAR.

Next, let's tackle your (gone) fears singularly.

Fear of failure: Failure never comes from being an unbeliever neither does success come as soon as you become a 'born-again'? Even the Holy Book of Christianity (The Bible) says that there's a season for everything.... A season to sow and that to reap.
What you were actually suffering from was atelophobia or inferiority complex, which made you look for a base on which to anchor your yearning for success. After all, if you read the Bible, you'll discover that ancient kings, who were idol worshippers or idols themselves (self-proclaimed gods), were actually successful and prosperous. Take the Egyptian Pharaohs for instance.
Also, don't forget that even the Devil tempted Jesus with bounteous riches.

Fear of the spiritual realm: You were supposedly once a christian because of the fear of the unknown and being under the umbrella of christianity was the shelter in which you felt you would be safe from it. Well, if you went through the Bible conspicuously, you would have discovered that witchcraft and other black art are being controlled by (and from) the spiritual realm, which even the foundation of atheism (science) believe in even though it is defined by numerous terms such as the unconscious, subconscious, black hole, e.t.c. The fact that you beat up an alleged witch and survived doesn't put an end to the existence of the spiritual realm. If you think otherwise, you can give it a trial by desecrating a shrine.

Fear of what family members think: It is wrong to live your life for others. Even Jesus at a point asked to be left alone. Mohammed, Buddha, Guru Maharaj and others got theirs power or visitation through meditations ALONE. So if you decide to live for others think, you'll never live. Being a Christian or religious individual should never be because of others. That's what it killing the world today. Take the instance of the biblical priest, Eli and his sons.

Fear of hell: That is one thing that virtually all religions have in common. The day atheists or scientists can explain what happens immediately a human takes his/her breath, then we can deliberate on hell.

FYI, christianity never had a life support in your life. Rather, you used it as a hiding place for your fears.

Also, christianity is best experienced as a way of life rather than as a religion. Same is applicable to other religions.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Romance / Re: . by 247NewsUpdateNG: 6:58am On Aug 24, 2016
Andrew3:
Thanks everyone.

If u check her inside, her heart is as white as snow. The outer beauty is an infinitesimal compared to her inside.

Uncle please when will you start sharing the x-ray eye? Just kidding bro.
Congratulations!
Politics / Re: GEJ And PMB With Two US Secretaries Of State (Pictures) by 247NewsUpdateNG: 7:40pm On Aug 23, 2016
StOla:
I'm tempted to compare and contrast like wailers are wont to do.

Look at Jonathan receiving instructions like a servant.

He even had his hands behind his back in typical O-yes-Sir-Master fashion. Imagine if it was now Obama giving him instructions, he would have removed his cap in total obeisance.

It is ironical that the prefix St come before Ola.
Anyway, it could mean Street but that's none of my business.

9 Likes 1 Share

Religion / Re: From Atheism To Jesus: My Testimony by 247NewsUpdateNG: 5:29pm On Aug 23, 2016
Seun:
Atheism is just a lack of belief in God, so atheists have no common goal. In my case, I just want people to stop believing things that aren't true.

You just defined atheism without drawing the keyword from the definition. The generalization of atheism streams from the disbelief in God, which is the common feature(goal) in atheists.

In my paradigm, you don't qualify as an atheist. If you were once a Christian, I presume your change of heart streams from the miracles recorded in the Holy Bible. In that case, you could easily have converted to Islam but with the global terrorism linked with Islam, it would have rung a hell-no if that thought ever sprung.

Anyway, who is anyone to judge? Judgement is for God but oh! I just remembered, you supposedly don't believe in the supernatural entity called God.
Man has freewill so it is only right you exercise yours.

3 Likes

Religion / Re: From Atheism To Jesus: My Testimony by 247NewsUpdateNG: 8:49am On Aug 23, 2016
Seun:
Hope this was not directed at my last response? I didn't enjoy typing it myself. I forced myself to respond to the stuff I'm usually accused of ignoring, because I thought the thesixthsense wanted me to address each point he raised. Pissing religious people off is certainly not the goal of atheism, I promise.

Noted.
This might end up as a mistake on my part but if I may, what is the goal of atheism?
Religion / Re: From Atheism To Jesus: My Testimony by 247NewsUpdateNG: 6:48pm On Aug 22, 2016
ADVICE: Never argue with an atheist about the existence of God.
Reason: He/She will get you pissed and might make you curse out, which is the sole aim of atheism and a sin before God.

3 Likes 1 Share

Politics / Re: Emami Ayiri- The Man Behind Reformed Niger Delta Avengers, RNDA. by 247NewsUpdateNG: 7:41am On Aug 08, 2016
ogmask:
Which kind mumu write up be this. So you made some phone calls then make we jump enter sokaway abi. What if I tell u I made some phone calls and was told that the list is authentic. Faceless idiot coming to confuse us here. If u have nothing to do report back to your paymasters and tell them to reassign you to romance section. Ara. ...

It's unfair for a faceless person to call another faceless. And no matter how pained you're at someone's writeup, it doesn't warrant hurling of insults. That's social media intolerance and is against the ethics and ethos of a peaceable social media coexistence.

Do have a nice day!
Politics / Re: I Didn't Attend PDP Convention — Obasanjo by 247NewsUpdateNG: 5:47pm On Aug 06, 2016
modath:

You for starters..... The wide grin says it all. smiley
Aunty I hereby recommend you for appointment as Head of FBI, CIA and SSS!

8 Likes

Education / Re: UNICAL Student, Adaeze Nnamani Dies After A Party by 247NewsUpdateNG: 12:48am On Aug 04, 2016
FuckMynd44:
sharap. Don't quote me again. Poor hungry blogger
You need an introspective mirror too!
Education / Re: UNICAL Student, Adaeze Nnamani Dies After A Party by 247NewsUpdateNG: 7:52pm On Aug 03, 2016
FuckMynd44:
Na so them dey use igbo girls dey do ritual because them too like money

And you couldn't even respect the land of beyond. Read all the comments on this thread, read yours then take a look in a mirror!

111 Likes 7 Shares

Politics / Re: Niger-Delta Militants Suspend Declaration Of Independence by 247NewsUpdateNG: 8:46am On Aug 01, 2016
modath:

For a about 3yrs, but it is no more, move on! cool
Were you given birth to like this or was this medula alteration done later on?

2 Likes

Celebrities / Re: Nigerian Musicians, Bloggers And The GOLD Album Saga by 247NewsUpdateNG: 12:46pm On Jul 28, 2016
wellmax:
Nice article

Nigerian and titles...
Yes someone somewhere is just Mark Zuckerberg, Co-Founder Facebbok.

Thanks!

That simplicity works better abroad. In Nigeria, you've to post your CV with whatever you send out because you never can tell where the next job is coming from.
Celebrities / Re: Nigerian Musicians, Bloggers And The GOLD Album Saga by 247NewsUpdateNG: 8:42am On Jul 28, 2016
opeyemiieblog:
nice one op
Thanks!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (of 4 pages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 120
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.