Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,910 members, 7,835,034 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:38 AM

Is A Woman Incomplete Without A Man? - Romance (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is A Woman Incomplete Without A Man? (16683 Views)

Women Generally Are So Incomplete / Why Are Men So Incomplete? / Are Women Truly Incomplete And Unfulfilled Without Husbands? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is A Woman Incomplete Without A Man? by nich(m): 8:46pm On Mar 20, 2009
sistawoman:

I hope I am not stepping on toes here or repeating what has been said because I did not read all 7 pages of this thread.

Here is how I feel and understand i am speaking in I statements.

No I am not complete w/o my other half.

I function better as part of a r/s. Does that mean I cant do it alone? No, I have done it alone for many years. I DONT want to do alone and dont feel whole w/o my other half. Does that mean I settle for less. NO.

I need a man to teach the boys how to be men and show my daughter what to expect from a man. I want a man to take the lead in the house and make the decison and run things. I want a man to do the heavy lifting so i wont break my back doing it. I need to feel his strength so that I can lean on it.

I have been there done that. I have been the head of my house, paid the bills, raised the kids, provided for my family, made the decisons, did the heavy lifting, been my own support tower and everything else that man does; but I dont LIKE to do it.

I function better in a realtionship. I love to cater to my man. I love to tend to my family. I love passing that weight to his shoulders, because his shoulders were designed by God to carry that weight and mine were not.

cool my! my!! my!!! u're who some men are looking for right now. I wish i were into advertising.

@ poster,
the people have spoken! gbam!
Re: Is A Woman Incomplete Without A Man? by sistawoman: 8:49pm On Mar 20, 2009
nich:

cool my! my!! my!!! u're who some men are looking for right now. I wish i were into advertising.

@ poster,
the people have spoken! gbam!

I guess that is why hubby is holding on tight.
Re: Is A Woman Incomplete Without A Man? by MaiSuya(m): 10:59pm On Mar 20, 2009
sistawoman:

I hope I am not stepping on toes here or repeating what has been said because I did not read all 7 pages of this thread.

Here is how I feel and understand i am speaking in I statements.

No I am not complete w/o my other half.

I function better as part of a r/s.  Does that mean I cant do it alone?  No, I have done it alone for many years.  I DONT want to do alone and dont feel whole w/o my other half.  Does that mean I settle for less.  NO.  

I need a man to teach the boys how to be men and show my daughter what to expect from a man.  I want a man to take the lead in the house and make the decison and run things.  I want a man to do the heavy lifting so i wont break my back doing it.  I need to feel his strength so that I can lean on it.

I have been there done that.  I have been the head of my house, paid the bills, raised the kids, provided for my family, made the decisons, did the heavy lifting, been my own support tower and everything else that man does; but I dont LIKE to do it.

I function better in a realtionship.  I love to cater to my man.  I love to tend to my family.  I love passing that weight to his shoulders, because his shoulders were designed by God to carry that weight and mine were not.

Finally,
Just when I was about to give up, a glorious ray of hope appears, amidst the cacophony of vacuous contributions littering this thread, some yapping about women subjugation, some sexixm, etc - jeez, what da heck has that got to do with being complete? some using their absymal knowledge of the Bible to back up their equally pathetic views on completeness; someone even claiming that the world would go on without men - kai! just how delusional can one get?

But here you have someone whom I believe epitomizes the revered species of beings called woman, someone who fully understands the purpose of womanhood, someone who knows that her reliance on her husband to perform his God given roles, which as she said, she is quite capable of performing herself, does not in any way undermine her completeness, but does in fact reinforce it. her type are becoming alarmingly rare.

Mr sisterwowm has to be a very lucy man indded.
Re: Is A Woman Incomplete Without A Man? by Bilanla(f): 1:37am On Mar 21, 2009
Babycool, spot on! Last time I checked my ribs were also very .
Re: Is A Woman Incomplete Without A Man? by amebono13: 4:01am On Mar 21, 2009
i dont know about others,but im incomplete wtout my husband

if i go to bed wtout him by myside,i smtimes think im so alone sad

when he travels,i think another part of me travelled wt him embarassed

his ribs r not complete wtout mine,mine arent complete wtout his embarassed

in all i cant do wtout him, my "best" better half cool
Re: Is A Woman Incomplete Without A Man? by nich(m): 4:07am On Mar 21, 2009
Mai Suya:

Finally,
Just when I was about to give up, a glorious ray of hope appears, [size=16pt]amidst the cacophony of vacuous[/size] contributions littering this thread, some yapping about women [size=16pt]subjugation[/size], some sexixm, etc - jeez, what da heck has that got to do with being complete? some using their [size=16pt]absymal[/size] knowledge of the Bible to back up their equally pathetic views on completeness; someone even claiming that the world would go on without men - kai! just how delusional can one get?

But here you have someone whom I believe [size=16pt]epitomizes[/size] the revered species of beings called woman, someone who fully understands the purpose of womanhood, someone who knows that her reliance on her husband to perform his God given roles, which as she said, she is quite capable of performing herself, does not in any way undermine her completeness, but does in fact reinforce it. her type are becoming alarmingly rare.

nna, and they say Pastor Kris Okotie shoots to kill? na im u wan bruise us finish onto this matter of completeness?

Mai Suya:

shocked  shocked huh!
Re: Is A Woman Incomplete Without A Man? by Ekwere(m): 10:44am On Mar 21, 2009
@pmdaboh

I am really sorry to have called contributors some names but it was anger that caused that however there are Americans and Europeans that are praticing christians.

Like I said a woman or a man is not complete without each other.
Re: Is A Woman Incomplete Without A Man? by Archilles(m): 12:32pm On Mar 21, 2009
EVERYONE have love in their hearts and they have to give it to someone or something, could be man, woman, cat, dog, cow, lizard etc. At some low times in our lives, we tend to reach out to this person or thing and really cant do without them. We try to "form" on this space, but we cant do without a partner, notwithstanding who or what the partner may be.

1 Like

Re: Is A Woman Incomplete Without A Man? by Tasma: 4:26pm On Mar 21, 2009
Completeness like happiness is not something that one can get from someone else. A spouse or a friend can give you happiness on occasion, just like having kids can be a source of joy for you. But all this cannot make you a happy person. Your life long happiness can only come from you and involves you loving yourself, listening to your inner self and actualizing your intrinsic (or God given) purpose in life.
Re: Is A Woman Incomplete Without A Man? by bluespice(f): 5:01pm On Mar 21, 2009
completeness is relative
i feel complete now, ill feel complete when in a relationship
its the individual that decides
Re: Is A Woman Incomplete Without A Man? by pmdaboh(f): 5:24pm On Mar 21, 2009
@Ekwere

I have also gone back and apologized when my tone of voice was not what it should have been. Sometimes we get caught up in what we are feeling, that we express ourselves a little to passionately. No one is perfect, but to correct what we do wrong speaks volumes of our character.

God bless and have a great day!
Re: Is A Woman Incomplete Without A Man? by asweetcake: 6:43pm On Mar 22, 2009
A woman is complete without a man. Worst is that she might get lonely and sex starved (although not even this in the age we are living in grin)

I suppose it depends on how self confident the woman is and how much self esteem a woman has
Re: Is A Woman Incomplete Without A Man? by ammamat(f): 9:40am On Mar 23, 2009
oh, my God what are we saying here, for one to be complete is a state of mind, Just let look at something like SMILE : they said Smile is a perfume u can't pour on others except you first pour it to yourself, u can't make others to smile when u are not putting on the smiling face lol,
Likewise one being complete, if u are not complete on Ur own a man cannot make u to be complete, it will rather add more incompleteness in you,

Am not disputing the fact that men and women should not get married, moreover my topic was not base on people getting married, but its was rather is a woman in complete without a man .
Re: Is A Woman Incomplete Without A Man? by bomzy4real: 11:52am On Mar 23, 2009
dear hse,joind this forum this mornin cos of this debate i saw-so i greet u all!
its a pity that ppl attack n insult eachoda instead of opinions.

its realy sad that ladies now find comfort in eachodas arms and have the effrontry to brag abt it.i tell u lesbianism is a sexual misnomer,i knw cos i lost ma fiancee to anoda girl!still baffles me!
each person is complete on his own-gettin marid is a personal decision.
Re: Is A Woman Incomplete Without A Man? by leoig: 12:27pm On Mar 23, 2009
i don't personal belive that a woman cannot stay without a man, despite God created a woman from a man.
but for you urself what have you think u can do with a man all the time that will make you not to stay without a man unless you have rendered yourself as men four-runner.

thanks
[flash=200,200][/flash][color=#000099][/color]
Re: Is A Woman Incomplete Without A Man? by sammyjl(f): 1:02pm On Mar 23, 2009
it depends on how self-confident one is, so my view/answer is No,
Re: Is A Woman Incomplete Without A Man? by Dvampire(m): 4:42pm On Mar 23, 2009
*whistles in surprise* so this thread is still alive? even the person who started it has even forgotten. na wa-o. man & woman issue is a strong thing o.
Re: Is A Woman Incomplete Without A Man? by factbox(f): 2:24am On Mar 24, 2009
women are surely complete irrespective of the presence of a man or not in their lives.
Re: Is A Woman Incomplete Without A Man? by larman4u(m): 4:05pm On Mar 24, 2009
Yes a woman is never complete solely because marriage is ordained by God.

No matter how a woman is financialy independently okay if she does not have a man in her life that part and role to filled and play will be there.
Re: Is A Woman Incomplete Without A Man? by etbong: 3:53pm On Mar 25, 2009
a woman without a husband is never seen as responsible.
Re: Is A Woman Incomplete Without A Man? by ammamat(f): 9:10am On Mar 26, 2009
@ etbong a woman without a husband is never seen as responsible

So are u saying is men that makes women to be responsible??

lol, Chic without a guy is never seen as responsible,

Please just eyres that from Ur mind.
Re: Is A Woman Incomplete Without A Man? by thatguy1: 2:56pm On Mar 28, 2009
men i go make small sence but the fact na say a woman is never complete without a man or na dog na im go do the main thing. hope say una unda stand watin i mean? shocked
Re: Is A Woman Incomplete Without A Man? by lexdino: 10:52am On Mar 29, 2009
etbong:

a woman without a husband is never seen as responsible.
If she flirts with different men.
Re: Is A Woman Incomplete Without A Man? by rearguard(m): 9:50am On Mar 30, 2009
I was about to shout until i saw the best response from sistawoman. why this topic seems touchy is that it is always an issue with women. why not ask if a man is incomplete without a woman. Itz the same answer you will get - refer to sistawoman's post and modify. I agree you need two wholesome people to make a marriage work, but that simply means two wholesome single people! being single does not mean you are disfunctional, you can do everything a married couple can do (save have kids, sex or companionship) but not with the same ease and comfort a couple will handle the issues of life - especially since they are a tag team that compliment one another.
So sweetheart, as 'complete' as a woman is without a man or vice versa - itz a darn lonely place to be!
Re: Is A Woman Incomplete Without A Man? by ayobase(m): 2:33pm On Apr 01, 2009
#Ammamat
That point of urs is a flimsy one
though feel sorry 4 ur sister in quote.

this should never be a reason why
a woman a man shouldnt tangle!

The best way to marry is to pray.
dont be misled my sister!!

Man is incomplete without woman and vice versa!
Re: Is A Woman Incomplete Without A Man? by dgreatrock(m): 9:24am On Apr 02, 2009
This is an interestin topic. A woman is not incomplete without a man. If she is still single she may marry if a man comes, if not pls be happy!
Re: Is A Woman Incomplete Without A Man? by Emad(f): 11:22am On Apr 02, 2009
i think women shd stop trying to find completeness in men,

Marriage never completed any woman.

a woman of substance remains a woman of substance with or without marriage
Re: Is A Woman Incomplete Without A Man? by barisi101(m): 8:41am On Apr 05, 2009
I feel it's a subjective question and as such will have no real true or false answer but let me give an illustation. Before I met the lovely lady I'm dating now, I felt quite complete and back then I'd answer a straight ''A man is complete without a woman & vice-versa''. Then I met her & after 3 years together so far, I feel so incomplete when I dont see her or speak 2 her for a couple of hours. If you ask me that points to the fact that one is not complete without the other & like in the Chinese philosophy of Yin and Yang(complementary forces), without one, the other wont exist for example how would we know whats is good if there is no bad(or evil if you like). Like I said it's subjective so everyone has his/her opinions.
Re: Is A Woman Incomplete Without A Man? by ChuckWoody(m): 1:45pm On Apr 05, 2009
Mainly, women who make this argument are the ones who've been hurt too many times. (not having a go at you, poster)

Thus, it depends on the man. A man isn't the only thing that completes a woman, he's one of the things.

If a woman with contentment in everything else in life gets a guy who's real good to her, then she feels complete.
If she only comes across b*stards, she can do without.

Cos really and truly unless you're a nun or bitter and twisted, who wants to live without physical companionship?
Re: Is A Woman Incomplete Without A Man? by IFELEKE(m): 1:52pm On Apr 05, 2009
ChuckWoody:

Cos really and truly unless you're a nun or bitter and twisted, who wants to live without physical companionship?
Exactly.
Nobody wants an Isolated Life.
Re: Is A Woman Incomplete Without A Man? by Nobody: 5:33pm On Dec 14, 2009
@ topic,
No, a woman is not incomplete without a man. If you don't love yourself enough, you will always feel incomplete even with 10 men.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Why Are Igbo Girls Natural Heart Breakers / How Do You Know True Love? / We Have Run Out Of Things To Talk About

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.