Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,546 members, 7,816,326 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:35 AM

Power Supply Is Almost Constant In My Area. Why? What Happened?? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Power Supply Is Almost Constant In My Area. Why? What Happened?? (47980 Views)

We Now Have 23hrs Eletricity Supply In My Area: Is It The Same In Your Own Zone? / Improved Power Supply Is Not Sustainable, Electricity Employees Explain / REPLY: Power Supply Is Almost Constant In My Area.Why?what Happened?by MizMyColi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Power Supply Is Almost Constant In My Area. Why? What Happened?? by midolian(m): 2:06pm On Aug 02, 2015
MizMyColi:
I don't know if a topic such as this has been discussed on here, but I'm piqued as to the reason I, and many others (I'm sure) now have almost constant power supply. Did NEPA (sic) forget where they usually switch off the light? (Pun intended).

I would like to glean from the insights of those who have first hand knowledge on what went wrong earlier, and what is going rightly this time.

Your views are welcome.
you and I know the reason behind this. For once MizMyColi, say "Sai Buhari" pls grin

6 Likes

Re: Power Supply Is Almost Constant In My Area. Why? What Happened?? by Nobody: 2:06pm On Aug 02, 2015
megaik:
Its Simply the Fear/anticipation of Probe in the power sector. Shottage of Gas has stopped. Corruption in the power section has reduced already even before they will be invited.

What do umean by corruption in the powersector has reduced. Please explain d corruption a bit. Did power companies generate power and throw it away or what

What caused shottage of gas supply

Do u even know that both generation and distribution of power in nigeria is owned 100% by private firms

1 Like

Re: Power Supply Is Almost Constant In My Area. Why? What Happened?? by johnstar(m): 2:07pm On Aug 02, 2015
Nigeria mentality ehn, i knw juz no yyyy, hna 2 dey complain, if light no dey una go conplain, nw wey light don dey nw una stil dey complain, like dis our yeye bro wey dey ask qstns
Re: Power Supply Is Almost Constant In My Area. Why? What Happened?? by Rexeffiom(m): 2:07pm On Aug 02, 2015
Itz rainy season,...... Datz y
Re: Power Supply Is Almost Constant In My Area. Why? What Happened?? by Nobody: 2:08pm On Aug 02, 2015
omonnakoda:
Really how strong? Kainji Dam has a Capacity of about 700 MW so what percentage of that 700 MW will drop during the dry season.Kainji is not our biggest plant ,that is Egbin and most of our plants are gas so the isue of rain is neither here nor there.
The other point is Nigeria is obliged to provide some of the electricity from Kainji to Niger Republic as part of the Damming agreement
Egbin is still not functioning to its optimum capacity because of gas shortages and you can't dispute the upgrade being the efforts of our amiable darling GEJ.

http://twitter.com/home?status=Egbin%20power%20plant%20now%20generates%201%2C000MW%20http%3A%2F%2Fwww.punchng.com%2Fbusiness%2Fbusiness-economy%2Fegbin-power-plant-now-generates-1000mw%2F%20@MobilePunch
Re: Power Supply Is Almost Constant In My Area. Why? What Happened?? by BobUg28(m): 2:08pm On Aug 02, 2015
Actually, for my Area I think the power supply isn't like before.

Most times, we have constant light from morning till night without any black out. I think we are gradually seeing the change. Let's hope that it has come to stay.

2 Likes

Re: Power Supply Is Almost Constant In My Area. Why? What Happened?? by Nobody: 2:09pm On Aug 02, 2015
freedom96:
See fool.Why wasn't light constant when he was in power?

U go chop slap for here if u missbehave undecided
*Ignored*

2 Likes

Re: Power Supply Is Almost Constant In My Area. Why? What Happened?? by otokx(m): 2:09pm On Aug 02, 2015
There has been an all round improvement, even in UNIPORT things have changed.

2 Likes

Re: Power Supply Is Almost Constant In My Area. Why? What Happened?? by erico2k2(m): 2:10pm On Aug 02, 2015
mikeywise:

Nwanne m. Nothing I say will make u change your stance on Buhari.
Nah lie plz give us the answer, we no go vex we promise.
Re: Power Supply Is Almost Constant In My Area. Why? What Happened?? by SirBlack999(m): 2:10pm On Aug 02, 2015
ECOTERRORS:
Maybe in the 97% places that voted PMB because there is a thread about blackout in Nsugbe Anambra state for the past two week
There is improved power supply here in Onitsha Anambra state.

3 Likes

Re: Power Supply Is Almost Constant In My Area. Why? What Happened?? by freedom96: 2:10pm On Aug 02, 2015
ECOTERRORS:
*Ignored*
See you big head.

You don't even know how to ignore things?
If u re really ignoring it u don't need to reply.

3 Likes

Re: Power Supply Is Almost Constant In My Area. Why? What Happened?? by Sagamite(m): 2:11pm On Aug 02, 2015
When you have an incorruptible President who shows he is out to stop corruption with his power, this is the kind of marked increase in competence you see. People would know stealing might finish them.

When you have a cretin from Otuoke who believes it is normal to steal and goat should eat yam as President and he is known to use his power to aid corruption, the incompetence you see would be egregious. Every one would be out to steal.

Vote for good leaders and your lives might improve. Vote for cretins like GEJ and your economy would be destroyed. You will get $1 = N113,910 over time.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Power Supply Is Almost Constant In My Area. Why? What Happened?? by Happiness87(f): 2:11pm On Aug 02, 2015
MizMyColi:

Please don't laugh at my seeming ignorance in this regard, but I have a question...

Do they need water and gas to transmit the light?
I thought it's either of the two?
some stations are power by gas while some turbines are built with dams hence the need for water.

if those that vandalized the pipeline so as to give the last administration bad name or so that they can sell their fuels have stopped, what do you expect coupled with rising levels of water.

wait until nov-January, besides petroleum marketers do bribe Power stations to shut down so that they can make more sales, you can do your research
Re: Power Supply Is Almost Constant In My Area. Why? What Happened?? by PassingShot(m): 2:11pm On Aug 02, 2015
MizMyColi:
I don't know if a topic such as this has been discussed on here, but I'm piqued as to the reason I, and many others (I'm sure) now have almost constant power supply. Did NEPA (sic) forget where they usually switch off the light? (Pun intended).

I would like to glean from the insights of those who have first hand knowledge on what went wrong earlier, and what is going rightly this time.

Your views are welcome.
SMH for you really.

INTROVERT:
let me wait too...

The situation is obviously good around the country now. The dams are full, gas supply is constant and yes... Nobody wants to mess with GMB.

This current situation shouldn't make the government lax. More investments are needed in the power sector especially the TSGP so that more gas fired plants can be built up north.

Let's however wait till dry season for us to really complement.
We've had far better rainy seasons than this year in the past without much significant improvement. So, forget about the rains.

The fact is the emboldened. The FG grants loans (as has been the case even under GEJ) to the gas suppliers and they know that they just have to perform now unlike before. Simple as ABC.

4 Likes

Re: Power Supply Is Almost Constant In My Area. Why? What Happened?? by hassymo5(m): 2:12pm On Aug 02, 2015
SABOTAGE SABOTAGE SABOTAGE... THERE ARE PEOPLE WHO SABOTAGE GEJ REGIME... GEJ AS THE CHIEF COMMANDER..KEPT MUTE ... HEADS SHOULD HAVE ROLED.. BUT THE DULLAD. KEEP LOOKING LIKE MUMU.. BUHARI WILL NOT LOOK LIKE MUMU..IS EITHER U DELIVER OR U B SACKED...... THEY KNOW WHO IS IN POWER... THATS Y THINKS ARE WORKING... THOSE IMPORTING GENERATORS ARE PART OF IT...

3 Likes

Re: Power Supply Is Almost Constant In My Area. Why? What Happened?? by bigiyaro(m): 2:12pm On Aug 02, 2015
@op u r askin wat happened? Well, CHANGE happened.

1 Like

Re: Power Supply Is Almost Constant In My Area. Why? What Happened?? by okotv(m): 2:12pm On Aug 02, 2015
Very simple. The rains are up now and so we have improved generation at places were water is needed. Am surprised that gas pipelines vandalism stopped abruptly and so improvement in gas supply to power plants where it is needed and interestingly we have more gas plants than hydro. A lot of plants from the past administration are still under construction and when completed and in full capacity expect better services.

The new government which happens to be on a probing mission has made those sleeping on duty to wake up to their responsibilities or risk losing their investments. All in all, Nigeria wins. thier

5 Likes

Re: Power Supply Is Almost Constant In My Area. Why? What Happened?? by Nobody: 2:12pm On Aug 02, 2015
INTROVERT:
let me wait too...

The situation is obviously good around the country now. The dams are full, gas supply is constant and yes... Nobody wants to mess with GMB.

This current situation shouldn't make the government lax. More investments are needed in the power sector especially the TSGP so that more gas fired plants can be built up north.

Let's however wait till dry season for us to really complement.
You are 100% correct my guy. Dry season before final verdict but was there no Raining season last year? Last 2 years etc?

The truth is obvious, things are getting better now. Even the switch of my Fridge is now at lowest position and my Generator has been on 'Holiday' since June 2015 till date.

7 Likes

Re: Power Supply Is Almost Constant In My Area. Why? What Happened?? by erico2k2(m): 2:13pm On Aug 02, 2015
ddippset:
sometimes facts don't come in the physical. It's simple! The analogy is clear. You have 2 kings. The first one overseas a large harvest of crops and stores them in hundreds of barns while his people starve. The second king takes over and releases y the food crops and the people eat to their fill. Which of them takes the glory? Which deserves the glory? It's clear there was a deliberate sabotage in the power sector which lingered because we had a president who was know to be weak and to condone corruption and impunity. PMB came in and the saboteurs took off, knowing the era of impunity was over. Give it up, humble yourself and give the new administration the credit. You love to give gej the credit for power but shy away from giving him the stick for the devaluation of the naira when it all began to devalue in GEJ's regime! Hypocrites and wailers everywhere I look.
I do not think you analogy fits this situation as you cannot hud power generation, if you where talking about petrol and other fuel then yes.

1 Like

Re: Power Supply Is Almost Constant In My Area. Why? What Happened?? by Nobody: 2:13pm On Aug 02, 2015
Well, since my relocation to this current place since 2010, the power supply has been pretty reliable and stable by all Nigerian standards. Though a few weeks ago, it somehow became more stable but by and large, power is usually a bit stable in my area in PH.

I don't want to believe there was some kind of subterfuge and sabotage in this power issue, though we know how LOW the liars went during the elections.

And we know the dam levels are usually higher during this season of the year.
Re: Power Supply Is Almost Constant In My Area. Why? What Happened?? by PassingShot(m): 2:14pm On Aug 02, 2015
stevecantrell:
May this country never see that rubbish govt that screwed up for 6 yrs ever again !
Amen.

I say who no like PMB make he pack go 'im fada's country. cheesy cheesy

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Power Supply Is Almost Constant In My Area. Why? What Happened?? by xender(m): 2:14pm On Aug 02, 2015
angry angrywer d hell are u all staying :'

no light!
no light!!
no light!!!

2 Likes

Re: Power Supply Is Almost Constant In My Area. Why? What Happened?? by erico2k2(m): 2:14pm On Aug 02, 2015
Sagamite:
When you have an incorruptible President who shows he is out to stop corruption with his power, this is the kind of marked increase in competence you see. People would know stealing might finish them.

When you have a cretin from Otuoke who believes it is normal to steal and goat should eat yam as President and he is known to use his power to aid corruption, the incompetence you see would be egregious. Every one would be out to steal.

Vote for good leaders and your lives might improve. Vote for cretins like GEJ and your economy would be destroyed. You will get $1 = N113,910 over time.
Govt with TINUBU at the helm of things and you said they are fighting corruption?? Seriously?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Power Supply Is Almost Constant In My Area. Why? What Happened?? by simplexvi: 2:14pm On Aug 02, 2015
fr aba here ogbohill side.... since last yr dexember we neva sleep without light
Re: Power Supply Is Almost Constant In My Area. Why? What Happened?? by PStacks(m): 2:15pm On Aug 02, 2015
Buhari is in Power. Power is been stabilised

Relax.

1 Like

Re: Power Supply Is Almost Constant In My Area. Why? What Happened?? by REDDEVILS1(m): 2:16pm On Aug 02, 2015
ECOTERRORS:
Maybe in the 97% places that voted PMB because there is a thread about blackout in Nsugbe Anambra state for the past two week
In Enugu, this is day two switched of my freezer, the ice is yet to completely melt

4 Likes

Re: Power Supply Is Almost Constant In My Area. Why? What Happened?? by fulanimafia: 2:16pm On Aug 02, 2015
IsraeliAIRFORCE:

It is a lie, we already achieve 4800MW compared to 4700MW we have this week.

To know more read these excerpts.

You will have to act sensibly by providing links so dates and other claims can be confirmed, before you accuse anyone of lying.

Acting impulsively with sourceless articles will not save you.

4 Likes

Re: Power Supply Is Almost Constant In My Area. Why? What Happened?? by aimuan(m): 2:18pm On Aug 02, 2015
mployer:
It is normal for power generation to improve during rainy season. The water level in the dam is high resulting in higher power output.

enjoy it while it lasts, the party won't be long grin
are u saying there was no raining season throughout or during the past administration?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Power Supply Is Almost Constant In My Area. Why? What Happened?? by dynamitee: 2:18pm On Aug 02, 2015
I don't actually think buhari particularly did much sef, to be honest. But GEJ had 6 years to make it happen, and he didn't despite his statement that we should not vote for him if he doesn't stabilise power . For some reason, light became stable less than 2 weeks afta swearing in. Less than 2 months after that we have 3 refineries working at increasing capacity. GEJ might have started the transformation, but it was pmb that transformed whatever GEJ may have started into change that we can actually see and feel, not just pictures and videos of transformation.
I believe in results, not just telling me power is stable when I'm having to put on gen to watch news every night. if pmb could do it in 2 weeks, then GEJ could have done it sooner. Lord knows I probably would have voted for him if he had.
jmaine:

So educate us on what PMB did to make power steady, any policy drive, funding e.t.c . . . . .

Thanks for your time as you inform us on what has changed . . . .

8 Likes

Re: Power Supply Is Almost Constant In My Area. Why? What Happened?? by koboko69: 2:18pm On Aug 02, 2015
ECOTERRORS:
which rains are over in the SW

How many sources do we generate electricity in Nigeria

Which power station in the SW has the capability to supply only the SW light

Please go back to your business of selling curtains because you Suck in your reasoning

Foool. Beremx is correct. Cant remember when last I saw the rain. So far its been "fever carrying breeze" fpr more than a month now. So dont know the rains u wailers are talking about. In between whats wrong in curtains selling? its far better than you a night peddler/ hustler. Ewu!

6 Likes

Re: Power Supply Is Almost Constant In My Area. Why? What Happened?? by PassingShot(m): 2:19pm On Aug 02, 2015
Sagamite:

Nice summary. I like your signature but could have been better if "wanted" reads "made". grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Picture Of Aso Rock. Has Anyone Got Any? / Governor Yahaya Bello New Look (Photos) / Buhari And Wife In US With 108-Man Delegation Despite Recession

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.