Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,298 members, 7,815,526 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:57 PM

Nigeria Football(league & National Teams) In The '80s & 90's: Ask Ya Questions - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Football(league & National Teams) In The '80s & 90's: Ask Ya Questions (14183 Views)

Throwback Pic Of Stephen Keshi, Peter Rufai, Others In The 80s / Most Successful National Teams In Africa Nations Cup / Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Football(league & National Teams) In The '80s & 90's: Ask Ya Questions by Akolawole(m): 11:57am On Mar 24, 2009
I am not worried about Le chacal, i enjoy his drama well well but i am worried about guys that are Chacal-follow-follow. grin

The guy is fair skinned. He was in ECOWAS junior team in 1990. His first name is Ademola.

I hate Stores and their thugs.

I still wonder how Jimoh of all people dey play for Berger.
Re: Nigeria Football(league & National Teams) In The '80s & 90's: Ask Ya Questions by HNIC(m): 12:06pm On Mar 24, 2009
Akolawole:

The guy is fair skinned. He was in ECOWAS junior team in 1990. His first name is Ademola.
@ Akola,
I think I know who you are talking about, though I can't remember his name at all.

Meanwhile, that Wole Odegbami question that was asked.I was a big fan of Wole, though he was miles behind Segun
I have been racking my brain.
Is it the bandage he always had wrapped around his leg?
Re: Nigeria Football(league & National Teams) In The '80s & 90's: Ask Ya Questions by Sauron1: 3:23pm On Mar 24, 2009
HNIC:

@ sauron
Tunde Charity too was in that team?
Di d he play for Shooting Stars also? grin grin grin

Nah, Tunde Charity can't play footie. All chaff no wheat.

Dr Kitaun:

its pointless arguing with Chacal that wasnt even born when I watched my 1st World cup grin grin

U are a miserable sod. . . . .I wasn't born when you watched your 1st world cup??
Thunder scatter your keyboard.

imagine this ignoramus scumtwat arguing about a match that I remember vividly well was played when I had exams the next day and my pops had found out that I wasnt reading nor preparing well . . .took me in , locked me in and I still managed to escape to go and watch the match that evening, IDIOT SAYS THE MATCH WAS PLAYED IN THE WEE HOURS OF THE MORNING embarassed

Stop displaying your ignorance. . . .
Italy Vs Nigeria(Canada 87) was played around 1 am Nigerian time.
HNIC, Akola and others can testify to this.
You are prolly mixing up 2 different events which foes to show you didn't see the game. NEPA nor gree you. grin grin grin grin

seriously no one needs take Chacal serious . . .
have u forgotten how he used to take YIM lessons from us those early days ?
Dayokanu and TKB would school him perfectly in this . . .

Kit must be on DRUGS!!!
You dunno jack about Naija footie, abeg. Taking YIM lessons from who??
Re: Nigeria Football(league & National Teams) In The '80s & 90's: Ask Ya Questions by tkb417(m): 7:30pm On Mar 24, 2009
can we start our knowledge sessions again abeg

make una leave Jackal na

Sauron
Dimeji Lawal didnt play for Shooting stars

so HNIC
ask me questions make i answer grin
Re: Nigeria Football(league & National Teams) In The '80s & 90's: Ask Ya Questions by Akolawole(m): 12:49am On Mar 25, 2009
@Saroun

which match you and Doctor dey argue about? Was it the semi-final of canada '87 played in Toronto? If it is then i knew the day and the time of the match.

@HNIC

I intend to use Wole's question to knock Sharoun out of this thread for a week.

@All

Who is Vieria when Nigeria have Taiwo Enegwa?
Re: Nigeria Football(league & National Teams) In The '80s & 90's: Ask Ya Questions by Sauron1: 1:09am On Mar 25, 2009
Akolawole:

@Saroun
which match you and Doctor dey argue about?  Was it the semi-final of canada '87 played in Toronto? If it is then i knew the day and the time of the match.

Canada 87 s/final played in Toronto. . . . . . Dr. Kit is insisting the match was played 8pm Naija time and i am saying it was played 1am Nig time.
Re: Nigeria Football(league & National Teams) In The '80s & 90's: Ask Ya Questions by dayokanu(m): 3:08am On Mar 25, 2009
Why una dey mind Sharon. He lives off what I school him. he does not know jack about football aside analysing Faggotsons Underwears tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: Nigeria Football(league & National Teams) In The '80s & 90's: Ask Ya Questions by HNIC(m): 9:56am On Mar 25, 2009
oya tkb417,
1.) What was Alloysius Atuegbu's nickname?
2.) Augustine Igbinabaro played for Nigeria in an age grade competition in which Year?
3.) Samson Siasia had an awesome strike partner at the 1985 u-21 Youth Championship.What's his name?
4.) James Etokebe played for Nigeria in the mid 80s.Where did he play his club football?
5.) In which match did former super eagles captain, Sunday Oliseh make his debut for Nigeria?
6.)What do these Nigerian players have in common, Sunday Oliseh, Peter Nekieten,Yakubu Aiyegbeni,Jimoh Balogun?
7.) what are these Nigerian football players known for;Ayo Ogunlana,Nosa Osadolor and Ajibade Babalaje?
Re: Nigeria Football(league & National Teams) In The '80s & 90's: Ask Ya Questions by folem: 11:30am On Mar 25, 2009
HNIC:

oya tkb417,
1.) What was Alloysius Atuegbu's nickname? Blockbuster
2.) Augustine Igbinabaro played for Nigeria in an age grade competition in which Year? 1985 U20
3.) Samson Siasia had an awesome strike partner at the 1985 u-21 Youth Championship.What's his name? Monday ODIAKA
4.) James Etokebe played for Nigeria in the mid 80s.Where did he play his club football? Calabar Rovers and Leventis United
5.) In which match did former super eagles captain, Sunday Oliseh make his debut for Nigeria? vs Ethiopia in 1993 CAN 1994 Qualifier @ National Stadium, Surulere, LAGOS
6.)What do these Nigerian players have in common, Sunday Oliseh, Peter Nekieten,Yakubu Aiyegbeni,Jimoh Balogun? all Julius Berger Players
7.) what are these Nigerian football players known for;Ayo Ogunlana,Nosa Osadolor and Ajibade Babalaje? Thunderbolt Freekicks
Re: Nigeria Football(league & National Teams) In The '80s & 90's: Ask Ya Questions by tkb417(m): 11:31am On Mar 25, 2009
oya tkb417,
1.) What was Alloysius Atuegbu's nickname?
2.) Augustine Igbinabaro played for Nigeria in an age grade competition in which Year?
3.) Samson Siasia had an awesome strike partner at the 1985 u-21 Youth Championship.What's his name?
4.) James Etokebe played for Nigeria in the mid 80s.Where did he play his club football?
5.) In which  match did former super eagles captain, Sunday Oliseh make his debut for Nigeria?
6.)What do these Nigerian players have in common, Sunday Oliseh, Peter Nekieten,Yakubu Aiyegbeni,Jimoh Balogun?
7.) what are these Nigerian football players known for;Ayo Ogunlana,Nosa Osadolor and Ajibade Babalaje?

1) i don forget
2) Under 20 world cup in 1985
3) Monday Odiaka
4) Leventis
5) 1993, Nations cup qualifier. cant remember the game
6)dunno o. could it be their hairdo grin hmmmm, did they all play for Julius Berger grin grin i think so
7)Ayo i think freekicks, Nosa ( cant remember), Ajibade should be long throwing
Re: Nigeria Football(league & National Teams) In The '80s & 90's: Ask Ya Questions by tkb417(m): 11:34am On Mar 25, 2009
@Folem
wetin u don spoil my show
meanwhile, Blockbuster grin now i remember

so Olisehs first game was against Ethiopia? the 6-0 mauling?
i knew it was a Nations cup qualifier

Nosa known for freekicks?
I know Ayo played 'bad' freekicks then but cant remember Nosas exploits
Re: Nigeria Football(league & National Teams) In The '80s & 90's: Ask Ya Questions by HNIC(m): 12:07pm On Mar 25, 2009
@ Folem
clap, clap, clap, grin
Perfect scores wink
@ Tkb417
Yeah, Nosa was known for his free kicks for the u-20 national team.
In fact, grapevine has it that he had been scoring dem freekicks in his days at OAU,IFE
However, the same source swore he could not have been less than 29/30 when he played the U-20 for Nigeria. sad
We never heard anything about him after 1987! embarassed

I will come up with a much more difficult set of questions.
Re: Nigeria Football(league & National Teams) In The '80s & 90's: Ask Ya Questions by Nobody: 1:21pm On Mar 25, 2009
My turn.

1.What do the following have in common?

Bobolayefa Edon,Precious Monye,Andrew Aikhomogbe and Kayode Keshinro?

2.What do the following have in common?

Oladunni Oyekale,Christopher Nwosu,Dimeji lawal and Angus Ikeji

3.What do the following have in common?

Daniel Amokachi,Friday Elaho,Thompson Oliha

d
Re: Nigeria Football(league & National Teams) In The '80s & 90's: Ask Ya Questions by HNIC(m): 2:29pm On Mar 25, 2009
@ eastbay.
1.)Members of 1989 golden eaglets who were knocked out in the Q-finals at Scotland.

2)Members of 1989 Flying eagles who were runners up in Saudi arabia.

3.)They are all Westerhof boys grin grin
Seriously, all were members of the Super eagles team to Algeria in 1990, where they were runners up.They were beaten 1-0 by Algeria in the finals.
Re: Nigeria Football(league & National Teams) In The '80s & 90's: Ask Ya Questions by kaypumpin2(m): 2:59pm On Mar 25, 2009
Eastbay:

My turn.

1.What do the following have in common?

Bobolayefa Edon,Precious Monye,Andrew Aikhomogbe and Kayode Keshinro?

Kayode Keshinro can be reffered to as a "headmaster" too.Dude has a way with his head like Mutiu

PS:Where is Lemmy Isa and Angus Ikeji now sef?
Re: Nigeria Football(league & National Teams) In The '80s & 90's: Ask Ya Questions by Akolawole(m): 3:56pm On Mar 25, 2009
Waoh!

See old school people.

I am impressed o.

Me i go ask deeper question o. No be "who is", "who are thingy o"

@Sharoun and Dr Kit

Do you want me to say the truth cry or take side grin or what.

I knew the correct answer to ya argument.

@Dr Kit

I guess Jackal was born on the July 22nd 1987 when the match was played in Toronto.

I remember seeing Old man at Adeoyo state hospital Ibadan shortly before the match. grin
Re: Nigeria Football(league & National Teams) In The '80s & 90's: Ask Ya Questions by Sauron1: 5:39pm On Mar 25, 2009
Akolawole:

@Sharoun and Dr Kit
Do you want me to say the truth cry or take side grin or what.

I knew the correct answer to ya argument.

Akolawole, please don't say the TRUTH. . . . . .Take Dr. Kit's side. grin cheesy
I am 2000% confident the match was played around 1 am with Tony Emedofu sending a low cross for Christopher Nwosu to bury in the net of the Italians.
There was this Italian danger man. . . . ."Cappelini". He gave Lemmy Isa and Naija defenders the fright of their lives.

@Dr Kit

I guess Jackal was born on the July 22nd 1987 when the match was played in Toronto.

I remember seeing Old man at Adeoyo state hospital Ibadan shortly before the match. grin

Jackal born in 1987?? U are having a laugh, mate!!!
Re: Nigeria Football(league & National Teams) In The '80s & 90's: Ask Ya Questions by Akolawole(m): 6:01pm On Mar 25, 2009
@Dr Kit

I think Le Chac is right cry on that italo match.

That match was played in the wee hours of that day. Sharoun is right. The only thing he actually got right on this thread though.

N.B: Dont forget FIFA dont give a damn about the timing in the other countries but the host country.

@Le chacal

At times, chopping lagos money can cause make one forget things jo grin
Re: Nigeria Football(league & National Teams) In The '80s & 90's: Ask Ya Questions by Sauron1: 6:15pm On Mar 25, 2009
Akolawole:

@Dr Kit
I think Le Chac is right cry on that italo match.
That match was played in the wee hours of that day. Sharoun is right. The only thing he actually got right on this thread though.

U think Le Chac is right??
I am 10000000000000000000000% correct.

N.B: Dont forget FIFA dont give a damn about the timing in the other countries but the host country.

I learnt that was the first time a Naija game would be shown live in the wee hours, correct??

@Le chacal
At times, chopping lagos money can cause make one forget things jo grin

Dr. Kit musta mixed it with the final against USSR(I think that was played around 8pm Naija time).
Yuri Nikiforov got the first goal and Osundo equalised for Nigeria(Tony Emedofu providing the assist again).
Nigeria had enough chances to have put the game beyond the Russians but they couldn't take their chances.
Talk of the match: Dimeji Lawal's maradona-esque dribbling of 2 defenders that got him one on one with the goalie. . . .
All of a sudden, the ref blew his whistle and claimed Dimeji Lawal had been fouled and awarded a freekick outside the box instead of letting him get on with it and SCORE. . . . . .There was no 'ADVANTAGE RULE' then though.

Akola, i will tutor you in Naija footie.
Re: Nigeria Football(league & National Teams) In The '80s & 90's: Ask Ya Questions by tryvon: 7:52pm On Mar 25, 2009
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1987_FIFA_U-16_World_Championship

all this back and forth hogwash is not my style with Chacal . . .

y'all try and resurrect the thread if u can, as for me, the ID that I used then has been deleted forever by Seun grin

MY ARGUMENT WAS NIGERIA WON THE 18 FINALS NOT THE 1/4 BY A LONE GOAL . . .why all this balderdash about me talking abt the Nigeria vs Italy match ?

the match I was talking about was played on a Sunday which happens to be a day prior to my promotional exams starting on Monday and it was in Pry 4 to 5 or 5 to 6 then and Chacal was still wearing nappies grin grin

funny enuff it was the same NWOSU that scored the 2 goals, the one against Australia and that against Italy . . .

quit yapping dude and get real ! I dont need to be doing tape and CDs REVIEW before I come here boasting ! WE WATCHED SOME OF THESE MATCHES LIVE !

Imagine ur stupidity in saying cos a player was domiciled in Ibadan, he then must have played in IICC ?

the same way u love showing ur folly, the same way u will be ridiculed tongue
Re: Nigeria Football(league & National Teams) In The '80s & 90's: Ask Ya Questions by tryvon: 7:56pm On Mar 25, 2009
@Seun

u are jobless u know ? shocked shocked

abeg no send me away again naw ! embarassed

wetin be tryvon ? cry
Re: Nigeria Football(league & National Teams) In The '80s & 90's: Ask Ya Questions by Sauron1: 8:14pm On Mar 25, 2009
tryvon:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1987_FIFA_U-16_World_Championship

all this back and forth hogwash is not my style with Chacal . . .

y'all try and resurrect the thread if u can, as for me, the ID that I used then has been deleted forever by Seun grin

MY ARGUMENT WAS NIGERIA WON THE 18 FINALS NOT THE 1/4 BY A LONE GOAL . . .why all this balderdash about me talking abt the Nigeria vs Italy match ?

Whatz the meaning of this applesauce??
U said Naija vs Italy match was played 8pm(Naija time) and i disagreed. . . . . .The match was played 1 am(Naija time).

the match I was talking about was played on a Sunday which happens to be a day prior to my promotional exams starting on Monday and it was in Pry 4 to 5 or 5 to 6 then and Chacal was still wearing nappies grin grin

I give up. . . . . .
In 87, i was writing my UME exams. grin grin grin grin grin

funny enuff it was the same NWOSU that scored the 2 goals, the one against Australia and that against Italy . . .
quit yapping dude and get real ! I dont need to be doing tape and CDs REVIEW before I come here boasting ! WE WATCHED SOME OF THESE MATCHES LIVE !

Whether you watched it LIVE or not. . . . . . .We saw the same game.
The fact that u saw a game LIVE and i saw it 10 years later does not mean you know more than i do.
Admit u goofed and letz move on.

Imagine ur stupidity in saying cos a player was domiciled in Ibadan, he then must have played in IICC ?
the same way u love showing ur folly, the same way u will be ridiculed tongue

The most idiotic soul on this forum is Dr. Kit himself
I am making arrangements with the Medical Board to strip you off your degree. . . . .U don't deserve it. cheesy grin
Re: Nigeria Football(league & National Teams) In The '80s & 90's: Ask Ya Questions by DrKitaun(m): 8:30pm On Mar 25, 2009
u dey craze ! grin grin

just bring out/dig out where I said this;

U said Naija vs Italy match was played 8pm(Naija time) cool

u saw the same game after u finished writing ur JAMB here in LAGOS, remember u confessed that to me also ?

remember the bet u and ur pops took, and how the guards arrested u at the Jamb centre for cheating in the exam hall, whilst trying to form ajebo grin grin
Re: Nigeria Football(league & National Teams) In The '80s & 90's: Ask Ya Questions by Sauron1: 9:08pm On Mar 25, 2009
Dr Kitaun:

u dey craze !  grin  grin

just bring out/dig out where I said this;

U said Naija vs Italy match was played 8pm(Naija time)  cool

u saw the same game after u finished writing ur JAMB here in LAGOS, remember u confessed that to me also ?

remember the bet u and ur pops took, and how the guards arrested u at the Jamb centre for cheating in the exam hall, whilst trying to form ajebo  grin  grin

Dr Kitaun. . . . . . . .Must u lie??
This was your quote on Sep. 7 2007. . . . .
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
so u mean if I say . . . I CANT STAY ON CYBER 24/7 it must mean I am in a cafe ? 

atimes u makes statements that makes one question ur intelligence   

the time of the day that the match was played was around 7PM that fateful day

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Razorr and I challenged you BUT you wouldn't budge and u wrote this again. . . .
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
@Jackal

u are a big NITWIT . . . . the CHAIRMAN of them all   

disprove me and stop talking bunkum 

@Razorr

u dont have a clue . . . go and sit down  jare 

it was played around 7pm . . . stop spewing bunkum here

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=16635.msg1473928

LET ME SEE HOW YOU WRIGGLE OUT OF THIS MESS. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria Football(league & National Teams) In The '80s & 90's: Ask Ya Questions by Pataki: 9:23pm On Mar 25, 2009
Na wa o! See how men are flogging out history in Naija league and football.

As for me I am totally useless when it comes to this matter. cheesy But at least just as Akolawole suggested, I can get apoti and sit down to hear una.

Anyone knows where Larry of Ogbc II and Brilla Fm is now? grin Na radio, I dey use then to dey updated with naija football events.
Re: Nigeria Football(league & National Teams) In The '80s & 90's: Ask Ya Questions by tkb417(m): 9:34pm On Mar 25, 2009
Na wa o! See how men are flogging out history in Naija league and football.

As for me I am totally useless when it comes to this matter. But at least just as Akolawole suggested, I can get apoti and sit down to hear una.

Anyone knows where Larry of Ogbc II and Brilla Fm is now? Na radio, I dey use then to dey updated with naija football events.

Larry is just a stone throw from my office.
He is the owner of Brilla on Adeyemo Alakija VI
Re: Nigeria Football(league & National Teams) In The '80s & 90's: Ask Ya Questions by Akolawole(m): 4:27am On Mar 26, 2009
So Le chacal sat for JAMB 22 years ago!!!

Jokemaster

~Sauron~:

Akola, i will tutor you in Naija footie.

You may be right but you've not answer any of my questions here correctly grin

What a good Tutor you are.
Re: Nigeria Football(league & National Teams) In The '80s & 90's: Ask Ya Questions by Nobody: 7:09am On Mar 26, 2009
HNIC:

@ eastbay.
1.)Members of 1989 golden eaglets who were knocked out in the Q-finals at Scotland.

2)Members of 1989 Flying eagles who were runners up in Saudi arabia.

3.)They are all Westerhof boys grin grin
Seriously, all were members of the Super eagles team to Algeria in 1990, where they were runners up.They were beaten 1-0 by Algeria in the finals.

1-correct.
2-corect. another answer is they were all in Canada 87
3-correct.another answer is all played at one time or the other in Ivory Coast in the early 90s.

good job man.You're really old school.
Re: Nigeria Football(league & National Teams) In The '80s & 90's: Ask Ya Questions by DrKitaun(m): 6:28pm On Mar 26, 2009
cry cry cry

ok I goofed 2 years ago when I tot I was talking of the Nigeria vs Australia match . . . . REDEFINITION OF MIX-UP !!! cool

but am happy I didnt goof about the date it was actually played which from all indications WAS PLAYED ON SUNDAY . . .

no be so ? tongue cheesy

at least I didnt have to do google reviews to post here like some people tongue
Re: Nigeria Football(league & National Teams) In The '80s & 90's: Ask Ya Questions by Sauron1: 6:35pm On Mar 26, 2009
Akolawole:

So Le chacal sat for JAMB 22 years ago!!!
Jokemaster

Don't test me. . . . .

You may be right but you've not answer any of my questions here correctly grin
What a good Tutor you are.

U ask questions that are not necessary.
What was Rasheed Yekini's colour of panties when he was in IICC??
Ask me matters on the pitch, football results, venue and stuffs NOT things that aint necessary.

Dr Kitaun:

cry cry cry

ok I goofed 2 years ago when I tot I was talking of the Nigeria vs Australia match . . . . REDEFINITION OF MIX-UP !!! cool

but am happy I didnt goof about the date it was actually played which from all indications WAS PLAYED ON SUNDAY . . .

no be so ? tongue cheesy

at least I didnt have to do google reviews to post here like some people tongue

U are mixing things up. . . . .
Nigeria vs Italy was played on a weekday(not weekend)
Re: Nigeria Football(league & National Teams) In The '80s & 90's: Ask Ya Questions by DrKitaun(m): 6:39pm On Mar 26, 2009
@Chacal

is comprehension also a problem u are battling with ?

I admitted having goofed then . . .why are u still telling me am mixing things up ? shocked grin

too much adulterated breast-sucking ?
Re: Nigeria Football(league & National Teams) In The '80s & 90's: Ask Ya Questions by Akolawole(m): 7:06pm On Mar 26, 2009
~Sauron~:

Ask me matters on the pitch, football results, venue and stuffs NOT things that aint necessary.

Me asking you football results. Pure nonsense!

Something 5 year old can wiki or google quickly.

You cannot even come near the slippers of TKB,hnic,Eastbay etc grin

These are nonsense questions ba? Shooting stars relegation, Dimeji/Jimoh balogun, mutiu, wole odegbami. If you have video clips of those finals as claimed, you should be able AT LEAST answer Wole's one.

ok, let me ask this simple one though.

1) Has Alaba oyeleke ever play for Abiola babes?If yes when and in which capacity? If no, what club did he played for?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Again, Naomi Osaka Pulls Out Of Wimbledon But Will Return For The Olympics / Yakubu Joins Reading, Ideye To Qatar / Nigeria's D'tigers Defeats China 74-64 In Stankovic Cup

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.