Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,067 members, 7,810,998 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:23 PM

How To Talk To A Guy - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How To Talk To A Guy (1852 Views)

Help! A Friend Of Mine @31 No Boyfriend Not To Talk Of Marriage. / Lady Who Kissed A Guy From Ikeja To Lekki & Back To Ikeja Shares Her Story / When A Girl Is Dating A Guy Who Is Not Ready For Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Talk To A Guy by Nobody: 8:02am On Aug 10, 2015
So I was gisting with this friend of mine and she made mention of this, "There is a way to talk to a man and it is different from how you talk to your siblings or friends" I was actually thrilled and began learning how to talk to a lady...I actually began taking steps.

It shook me to my bones...I'm not used to hearing a lady say that. Sometimes, I wonder if I'm odd thinking that there should be a course in our universities focused on Interpersonal Relationship, especially, "How To Talk To The Opposite Sex, a man in this case.

It's quite hilarious that 21st century mothers don't deem it relevant to teach their daughters these things and later chaos breaks out in the homes because she hasn't learned how to manage her tongue.

How Can A Lady Talk To A Man (Her man, or a potential man) The Proper Way?

1. You do not shout at a man.

No man in this world is wired to receive "shouts" from his girl or wife. At least, if the man is financially buoyant o. Most times this anomaly occur is when the man isn't working or is broke. Is that not why when a guy is broke and hustling, his girl stands by him but doesn't do so with respect; she shouts at him at every whim. Money gets to his hand, he dumps her. You say, he is heartless. Yea. Attitude is everything, they say. Shouting at a man because he is temporarily broke can push him to go and steal just to prove you wrong and may be punish you in the end. God forbid!

2. If home video taught you to slap a man, didn't they include, "Don't try this at home?"

It's amazing how some ladies are influenced by movies to think they can slap their husband and he will just hold them and kiss them. Lol! Well, different strokes for different folks. I've seen a lady whose mum slaps the dad like crazy. He uses glasses and one time, she slapped him, the glasses broke. That's an anathema! To a great extent, that's why as a lady you should marry a guy that you know, if tempted to speak against or dare to hit him, because of the respect you have for him or age difference, you won't try it. It's not respectful to hit a man with your fist or even words simply because he is broke, temporarily.

3. Try to present him with options. Avoid giving him an ultimatum.

I once heard a lady marriage counsellor saying this years back. The truth is, men are egoistic; even though he is broke. For your guy, don't be the kind of lady that wants to always force things down his throat, through manipulation etc. How you present it matters. You could be wrong even if you're right. Don't get married to learn that.

4. Outgrow repeating one thing. It bores him. Nagging doesn't change a man.

Nagging is an act of repeating something over and over again. Some women are PHd holders in this, instead of believing the man is intelligent and he heard them the first time, they keep repeating like he is a dullard. Yea, that's the idea you pass on when you nag. It's like he is a dummy, he didn't hear the first time. The Bible says, "it's better to be on the mountain all alone, than to be in a house with a nagging woman." That means there are women who don't nag. Please, nagging is not the best way to communicate effectively.

5. TRY not to always involve in unnecessary word exchange with him.

In our continent, ladies who TRY not to involve in unnecessary word battles with their guys are termed "humble" or wifely. Many times, you'll be right and he wrong. As I said earlier, It's the very little things that spring up unnecessary ranting. You don't get him to really do what you want by starting a quarrel-like discussion.

6. Most times, tears speaks louder than words.

This technique is on the cutting edge of the Woman power. Hardly any man can stand when a lady cries. It has a unique power. I'm not saying you should resort to it as a defence mechanism- when you've done something silly. I'm referring to the genuine ones.

7. Understand tribal differences.

Why this is relevant is because some tribes generally condone it while others don't. In most cases, it's relative. But generally,
you won't be totally wrong Understanding Tribal Differences. For example, an average Yoruba man and the Yoruba nation as a whole is built on the tenets of respect and honour. Girls know what to expect marrying a Yoruba guy.

In conclusion, there is a way to talk to a lady as well as there is a way to talk to a guy. Of course, I'm not generalizing because I can't simultaneously focus on two vital topics as these.

Good morning.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Talk To A Guy by Cutehector(m): 8:05am On Aug 10, 2015
Girls think formin puppy face and producing crocodile tears will soft d guy... News flash... Its not happenin.. Ur winsh will not werk...
Re: How To Talk To A Guy by Jaxera(m): 8:09am On Aug 10, 2015
Nice write up, but I am tempted to comment because there are a few things I saw that I don't quite agree with

Please where is it written as a law that a woman shouldn't shout back at a man. Haven't civilization moved from that from that point.

Young man, everyone, irrespective of the gender, has emotions and these emotions are what propel us to react to situations through various means, which could also include "shouting back at someone"

If a man is at fault, or if a man is doing the shouting, you don't expect his wife to keep quiet and watch him display his shinnenigans....she isn't a robot for crying out loud. If the way she feels cause her to shout or screams back at him, then so be it.

You stated that no man in this world is wired to receive insults from his wife, so are you trying to say that women are the ones that are wired to receive insults, or that women should tolerate insults from their man but when they do the same it becomes a crime?

Also, you also said women should use their "genuine tears" as. technique to get what they want.
For someone to cry genuinely, it must mean she whatever caused her to cry really pained her deeply.

So are you championing the motion that a woman should present herself as vulnerable in other to please a man or get what she wants?
That's outrageous. There are other ways to communicate effectively with your spouse, it shouldn't be by crying or making yourself look weak and thin-skinned.

I am of the opinion that in this day and age where women and young girls are the ones experiencing abuse in marriages and relationships, and are exposed to all sort of violence, most of which are caused by us guys, more threads should be created to show men that these women deserve their respect, and not their objectification and victimization.
Threads to showcase the dignity and strong points of the woman and not the ones to constantly showcase their flaws or berate them like they are lesser humans.

Perhaps a thread explaining to guys how they should behave in front of a woman and how to talk to a woman, would have been preferable to this.
Because at the end of the day, it's still the women that are being victimized...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Talk To A Guy by marshalcarter: 8:09am On Aug 10, 2015
Ok.....ladies business!!!!!

Not my WE3D buziness grin

I blv the poster below me wud have a better moccent grin
Re: How To Talk To A Guy by therealdeal10: 8:13am On Aug 10, 2015
Dey use dat tears as a real defence 2 get dat man buh sm guys don knw their tricks so if u lyk shed BLOOD u r on ur own
Re: How To Talk To A Guy by elantraceey(f): 8:14am On Aug 10, 2015
That's just how you should talk to anyone .
Re: How To Talk To A Guy by Nobody: 8:17am On Aug 10, 2015
This is true though but sometimes its needed to get across the man... Any woman that slaps a man should be ready for beating..
Re: How To Talk To A Guy by safarigirl(f): 8:19am On Aug 10, 2015
Tears speak louder than words? So, make I come siddodey cry for pesin wey no born me?

Omo, words speak louder than tears, so prepare to buy earplugs cuz I will talk your ear off. In fact, na me go even buy ear plugs for you grin....

I'm a big complainant o....no, wait, no i'm not. I'm pretty okay with bullshit in reality, you can throw anything at me and I won't bat a lid......stuff you can't throw at others grin.

Anyway, talking over crying, that emotional blackmail ish is just wrong.
Re: How To Talk To A Guy by Nobody: 8:41am On Aug 10, 2015
elantraceey:
That's just how you should talk to anyone .

Crying to get things is only peculiar to women.
Re: How To Talk To A Guy by Nobody: 8:45am On Aug 10, 2015
safarigirl:
Tears speak louder than words? So, make I come siddodey cry for pesin wey no born me?

Omo, words speak louder than tears, so prepare to buy earplugs cuz I will talk your ear off. In fact, na me go even buy ear plugs for you grin....

I'm a big complainant o....no, wait, no i'm not. I'm pretty okay with bullshit in reality, you can throw anything at me and I won't bat a lid......stuff you can't throw at others grin.

lol. You sha
Re: How To Talk To A Guy by Nobody: 8:52am On Aug 10, 2015
Jaxera:
Nice write up, but I am tempted to comment because there are a few things I saw that I don't quite agree with

Please where is it written as a law that a woman shouldn't shout back at a man. Haven't civilization moved from that from that point.

Young man, everyone, irrespective of the gender, has emotions and these emotions are what propel us to react to situations through various means, which could also include "shouting back at someone"

If a man is at fault, or if a man is doing the shouting, you don't expect his wife to keep quiet and watch him display his shinnenigans....she isn't a robot for crying out loud. If the way she feels cause her to shout or screams back at him, then so be it.

You stated that no man in this world is wired to receive insults from his wife, so are you trying to say that women are the ones that are wired to receive insults, or that women should tolerate insults from their man but when they do the same it becomes a crime?

Also, you also said women should use their "genuine tears" as. technique to get what they want.
For someone to cry genuinely, it must mean she whatever caused her to cry really pained her deeply.

So are you championing the motion that a woman should present herself as vulnerable in other to please a man or get what she wants?
That's outrageous. There are other ways to communicate effectively with your spouse, it shouldn't be by crying or making yourself look weak and thin-skinned.

I am of the opinion that in this day and age where women and young girls are the ones experiencing abuse in marriages relationships, and are exposed to all sort of violence, most of which are caused by us guys, more threads should be created to show men that these women deserve their respect, and not their objectification and victimization.
Threads to showcase the beauty and dignity of the woman and not the ones to constantly showcase their flaws or berate them like they are lesser humans.

Perhaps a thread explaining to guys how they should behave in front of a woman and how to talk to a woman, would have been preferable to this.
Because at the end of the day, it's still the women that are being victimized...

There is a way to talk to a man. Vice versa.
Re: How To Talk To A Guy by malonephill(m): 8:53am On Aug 10, 2015
At least you do agreed to some of his point, but want to show it.....
safarigirl:

both of you will be good for each other though, I know emusmith will think about this.

Number 2 and 5, my ex thing
Re: How To Talk To A Guy by Nobody: 8:54am On Aug 10, 2015
Renylee:
This is true though but sometimes its needed to get across the man... Any woman that slaps a man should be ready for beating..

Lol...yea true.
These things happen. Women beat men. Will they call it VICTIMIZATION?
Re: How To Talk To A Guy by Nobody: 8:55am On Aug 10, 2015
malonephill:
At least you do agreed to some of his point, but want to show it.....both of you will be good for each other though, I know emusmith will think about this.

Lol, Malone! Safarigirl go beat me o...
How that your whitee?
Re: How To Talk To A Guy by agarawu23(m): 8:57am On Aug 10, 2015
this early Monday morning?

why not teach us how to make money

1 Like

Re: How To Talk To A Guy by Nobody: 9:00am On Aug 10, 2015
agarawu23:

Lol ..Nairaland has many sections.
We should have Money section wink
Re: How To Talk To A Guy by elantraceey(f): 9:00am On Aug 10, 2015
emusmith:

Crying to get things is only peculiar to women.
To 'some' women
Re: How To Talk To A Guy by Nobody: 9:01am On Aug 10, 2015
elantraceey:

To 'some' women

You're not a 'woman' yet, you're a lady.
Re: How To Talk To A Guy by Jaxera(m): 9:04am On Aug 10, 2015
emusmith:

There is a way to talk to a man. Vice versa.

There is no specific, outlined way to talk to a man. A woman may talk to me in a certain way and I will be okay with it, but she may talk to another guy in that same fashion and he may become rageful.

My point exactly: We all have different personalities and we all react to situations differently.
What's important is for partners to understand each other's character and act appropriately.

You don't just sit at home and write stuff and expect every lady to just swallow everything up.

On this forum, especially on this section, there are some girls who might not be mature enough to sieve through all you wrote and would just believe everything you posted as the truth.... and this is wrong.

I have also gone through most of your threads and I notice how you always berate women and point this flaw and that flaw.
It begs the question of how you actually view women.

Why not invest your time into something more productive and more pertinent, like what I stated in my previous post.

1 Like

Re: How To Talk To A Guy by elantraceey(f): 9:05am On Aug 10, 2015
emusmith:

You're not a 'woman' yet, you're a lady.

So what distinguishes a woman from a lady?
Re: How To Talk To A Guy by agarawu23(m): 9:06am On Aug 10, 2015
emusmith:

Lol ..Nairaland has many sections.
We should have Money section wink
The problem is all this dumbb girls will never learn embarassed

Some are just rude and aggressive.
Re: How To Talk To A Guy by chigoizie7(m): 9:13am On Aug 10, 2015
agarawu23:

Lol, bros, that kneeling down to propose of a thing still de scatter ur head ooh, lolz, seriously, none of em is worth it
Re: How To Talk To A Guy by agarawu23(m): 9:17am On Aug 10, 2015
chigoizie7:

Lol, bros, that kneeling down to propose of a thing still de scatter ur head ooh, lolz, seriously, none of em is worth it
no be lie
Re: How To Talk To A Guy by Jaxera(m): 9:20am On Aug 10, 2015
agarawu23:
The problem is all this dumbb girls will never learn embarassed

Some are just rude and aggressive.

Are men not aggressive and rude at times?

What gives you the right to term girls as dumb? Which girls have you even met?

Sometimes when I see comments like this, I just shake my head.
I blame it on the fact that this forum is dominated by teenagers and youths who are still dependent on their parents and are still in school,so haven't really experienced life.

You can't go into the corporate world and make this statement. Go out there and you will see intelligent ladies that you would even be scared to engage in a conversation with.
Re: How To Talk To A Guy by Nobody: 9:23am On Aug 10, 2015
Jaxera:

There is no specific, outlined way to talk to a man. A woman may talk to me in a certain way and I will be okay with it, but she may talk to another guy in that same fashion and he may become rageful.

My point exactly: We all have different personalities and we all react to situations differently.
What's important is for partners to understand each other's character and act appropriately.

You don't just sit at home and write stuff and expect every lady to just swallow everything up.

On this forum, especially on this section, there are some girls who might not be mature enough to sieve through all you wrote and would just believe everything you posted as the truth.... and this is wrong.

I have also gone through most of your threads and I notice how you always berate women and point this flaw and that flaw.
It begs the question of how you actually view women.

Why not invest your time into something more productive and more pertinent, like what I stated in my previous post.

Ok
There is a way to talk to a man, vice versa.
Re: How To Talk To A Guy by agarawu23(m): 9:24am On Aug 10, 2015
Jaxera:

Are men not aggressive and rude at times?

Who gives you the right to term girls as dumb? Which girls have you even met?

Sometimes when I see comments like this, I just shake my head.
I blame it on the fact that this forum is dominated by teenagers and immature girls and guys who are still dependent on their parents and who are still in school, haven't really experienced life.

You can't go into the corporate world and make this statement.
shut up!!!

how many have you met?
ode, fools like you are the ones washing pant and bra for ladies.

Mr maturity
Re: How To Talk To A Guy by vizkiz: 9:26am On Aug 10, 2015
all these hoes would never learn, let them keep shouting rape all over NL undecided
Re: How To Talk To A Guy by Nobody: 9:27am On Aug 10, 2015
agarawu23:
shut up!!!

how many have you met?

Mr maturity

grin
Re: How To Talk To A Guy by Nobody: 9:29am On Aug 10, 2015
elantraceey:

So what distinguishes a woman from a lady?

There is a proverb my teacher taught me, "Put in the way of women" - She says that means to be pregnant, and of course married.
Re: How To Talk To A Guy by Jaxera(m): 9:31am On Aug 10, 2015
agarawu23:
shut up!!!

how many have you met?

Mr maturity

I won't engage you further. It's obvious you can engage in a discourse without hurling insults.

This your post just asserts my earlier claim about how childish most of you here are.... both in thinking and in behavior.

Good day.
Re: How To Talk To A Guy by safarigirl(f): 9:36am On Aug 10, 2015
malonephill:
At least you do agreed to some of his point, but want to show it.....both of you will be good for each other though, I know emusmith will think about this.

me and emusmith? You know how Angelina Jolie and Brads Pitt were in Mr and Mrs. Smith? Na so me and emusmith go dey

Last last we go dey talk to ourselves via Nairaland only

1 Like

Re: How To Talk To A Guy by Nobody: 9:44am On Aug 10, 2015
safarigirl:
me and emusmith? You know how Angelina Jolie and Brads Pitt were in Mr and Mrs. Smith? Na so me and emusmith go dey

Last last we go dey talk to ourselves via Nairaland only

Lol..

She is becoming a sweet heart kiss

We used to be e-enemies sha o... grin

Think about us as Leonardo Di Caprio AND Kate Winslet smiley

(1) (2) (Reply)

Five Lies Every Nigerian Has Told In 2015. / Be Yourself Or Be A Shadow Of Who You Want To Be / Why Guys Shouldn't Try More If The Girl Rejects Them

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.