Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,533 members, 7,812,653 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:54 PM

20 Hilarious Ways To Know Your Mum Is A Nigerian. - Family (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 20 Hilarious Ways To Know Your Mum Is A Nigerian. (48542 Views)

'29 Years Together, My Mum Is Still Looking At My Dad Like This' - Nigerian Lady / 6 Hilarious Ways Nigerian Mothers Make Conversation With Children / My Wife Denies Me Sex Just Because Her Mum Is Around. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 20 Hilarious Ways To Know Your Mum Is A Nigerian. by Ladywest: 10:25am On Aug 17, 2015
When you commit an offence in the day and says she will tell your father when he comes back. And daddy comes back then she brings up all your old baddies and offences and makes it sound as if you just committed all that day. Omo na judgement day we dey call am your own Don finish that night. My sibings will start praying so they won't add their own mata to my own .

I love her my mum so so. And you know the funny thing that night she will start behaving as if her honey moon just started.

4 Likes

Re: 20 Hilarious Ways To Know Your Mum Is A Nigerian. by babadem2much(m): 10:33am On Aug 17, 2015
Lizabeth25:
Gush....I miss my mother! If not for those words, I for don carry belle since! Those words really helped me cus most of my sec secondary mates has one or two kids outa wedlock. But those words worked on me and I will pass it on to my girls! grin grin

Keep resting Momma.....I love you cry

Ehyaa may she continue to Rest with the LORD

i will pass this to my lil angel Esther who is just 2 yrs now
Re: 20 Hilarious Ways To Know Your Mum Is A Nigerian. by fpeter(f): 10:47am On Aug 17, 2015
this thread is not complete without talking about my mum

**she would gossip about me to friends and family that i was very lazy and wouldn't help with chores, right in my presence
even when i was busy doing one chore and if you pointed that out,she would say "ehnnn it's only today you did something around the house"

1 Like

Re: 20 Hilarious Ways To Know Your Mum Is A Nigerian. by Nobody: 10:52am On Aug 17, 2015
Please do......It helps a lot. Make sure you lay emphasis on it. Tell her that even when a man touches her eyes, nah belle straight! Dont joke about it, or else, she wont take it serious with you!

All the best with little Esther.

babadem2much:

Ehyaa may she continue to Rest with the LORD

i will pass this to my lil angel Esther who is just 2 yrs now

1 Like

Re: 20 Hilarious Ways To Know Your Mum Is A Nigerian. by yinkson(m): 10:57am On Aug 17, 2015
Mums of nowadays don't buy cain for house again, unlike my mum hen, she buy it as if its food. grin
Re: 20 Hilarious Ways To Know Your Mum Is A Nigerian. by chijudith(f): 11:08am On Aug 17, 2015
gmacnoms:
why is it so c'mon with our mums. I'l b in my room watching tv, she'l change it to amag. after endurin cos I no she'l sleep off, as soon as I say make I carry am go supersports, she go open eyes say make I leave am dere. and she'll still sleep off o.

na there way jareee

1 Like

Re: 20 Hilarious Ways To Know Your Mum Is A Nigerian. by Speakdatruth: 11:12am On Aug 17, 2015
8, 10, 14, 16 very funny grin
Re: 20 Hilarious Ways To Know Your Mum Is A Nigerian. by babadem2much(m): 11:19am On Aug 17, 2015
Lizabeth25:
Please do......It helps a lot. Make sure you lay emphasis on it. Tell her that even when a man touches her eyes, nah belle straight! Dont joke about it, or else, she wont take it serious with you!

All the best with little Esther.

THANKS SIS
Re: 20 Hilarious Ways To Know Your Mum Is A Nigerian. by bigpsalmy(m): 11:27am On Aug 17, 2015
Bantino:
1. When she says "Get my kini" and believes with all confidence that she gave birth to a mind reader

2. When you say "mommy, I'm Sorry" and she replies "Sorry for yourself"

3. When you ask her where you should drop something and she says : “drop it on my head now."

4. When she brings food wrapped in a nylon bag from a party.

5. When you say: “mummy, I have malaria” and she replied: “why wont you have malaria when you have been pressing phone since morning”

6. When you say: “I came 2nd in my class” and she replies: “soo the person that came first has two heads, abi?”

7. When she takes the DSTV remote to work, just to punish you.

8. When you’re watching TV with her and then she sleeps off and still doesn’t want you to change the channel

9. If when you tell her you are going to friends place and she be like: when last did they come here to play with you?

10. When your mum asks you if the food is enough and you reply no and she says go and drink water

11. When she tells you if I hear 'Peem or phim', you will hear 'ween'.

12. When she touches hot pot comfortably without a napkin

13. When with one look she tells you, you will get the beating of your life when you get home

14. When you say: my wedding will be baaaaaaaaaaad and she replies: God forbid. Your wedding will not be bad in Jesus name

15. When she tells you: 'I didn't kill my mother, so you cannot or will not kill me'

16. When she calls you from your room upstairs and then sends you back upstairs to bring her purse...

17. When you ask her to help you with your home work and she advised: go and meet your brother. You then say, so you don’t even know it and she replies: (it is your father’s family members that are dullards)

18. When you ask her to refund the money you lend her and she tells you "all the food you've been eating at home nko?"

19. If she is more accurate with her slippers than Robin Hood is, with arrows.

20. Feel free to add yours

LOL
Re: 20 Hilarious Ways To Know Your Mum Is A Nigerian. by Nobody: 11:38am On Aug 17, 2015
UWC.

babadem2much:

THANKS SIS
Re: 20 Hilarious Ways To Know Your Mum Is A Nigerian. by ladyabadi(f): 11:45am On Aug 17, 2015
1.When dem dash you money and your mum immediately ask you to give ha the money.2. When you go back later to request for the money and she ask you if you can pay ha back all the food you have bn consuming.3. When she ask you to go and pluck or get the cane she will use to beat you. 4. When your mum scold you for watching a romantic scene in a movie.
Re: 20 Hilarious Ways To Know Your Mum Is A Nigerian. by Forward1(m): 11:54am On Aug 17, 2015
BabyDaddy20:
When she gets angry she will start scolding me & my siblings.
In summary she will say "After, you guys will complain that i do talk much.

After eating a full bowl of rice, i will tell her i wanna eat more, I'm not yet filled, her answer will be " Come & eat me.

When i failed my waec exams.
We were watching a movie when she told me pass her one of the remote control & i asked which one, The TV or DVD remote control.
She said " pass any one make we know say you pass something.

your mum na comedian.... Too funny
Re: 20 Hilarious Ways To Know Your Mum Is A Nigerian. by Kisses4rmDxtanx: 12:11pm On Aug 17, 2015
For d number 5, my mum wld rather say ''na why u nor go get malaria wen u dey lick sweet nd chewing gum since morning?''
Re: 20 Hilarious Ways To Know Your Mum Is A Nigerian. by Nobody: 12:31pm On Aug 17, 2015
You know she's from Nigeria
when you ask her,Mommy is Mama sick??..and she replies,its your mother that is sick....
When na you she send make you go cut your cane when you misbehave.
When she no send to dey waka without bra around you.lol.

1 Like

Re: 20 Hilarious Ways To Know Your Mum Is A Nigerian. by Annstar(f): 12:45pm On Aug 17, 2015
when she is a hairdresser, seamstress, cobbler, carpenter, cook and a lot more

1 Like

Re: 20 Hilarious Ways To Know Your Mum Is A Nigerian. by cutiesoglam(f): 12:48pm On Aug 17, 2015
I USED HATE ALL THESE THINGS MY MOTHER DOES BACK THEN cheesy, BUT REMEMBERING IT NOW ITS FUN WITH D WAY I WILL BEHAVE AND GRUMBLE AND FROWN. BUT I WILL GIVE ANYTHING TO HAVE HER BACK AND DO IT ALL AGAIN.........MISS U ANGEL OF MY LIFE.....TILL WE MEET TO PART NOMORE....iyaniwura.. embarassed embarassed
IF U STILL HAVE UR MUM ,CHERISH AND LOVE HER .NOBODY CAN BE LIKE HER, FORGET THAT SHE CAN BE ANNOYING SOME TIMES. grin grin

2 Likes

Re: 20 Hilarious Ways To Know Your Mum Is A Nigerian. by Nobody: 12:52pm On Aug 17, 2015
When she flaunts her breasts around without caring if you look or not...you sef you go dey squeeze beta face.
Re: 20 Hilarious Ways To Know Your Mum Is A Nigerian. by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 1:21pm On Aug 17, 2015
IceDude:
Lol, u just made me remember what happened in our house some years ago. My mum mistakenly broke a plate and she tried to cover up by saying "Av told u guyz to alwayz position these dishes properly yet u wont listen".....My younger sister laffed and said "mummy! Mummy!! If na anoda person break am we for nor hear word 2day o".....Funny mums
lol.... Afican
mums be pushing blames since 16BC
Re: 20 Hilarious Ways To Know Your Mum Is A Nigerian. by koligs: 1:52pm On Aug 17, 2015
Abbey2sam:

I love them both so I hit share and like grin

Lolz
Re: 20 Hilarious Ways To Know Your Mum Is A Nigerian. by Bonapart(m): 2:05pm On Aug 17, 2015
solodox:

More like iraq!
you funny.... Afghanistan

1 Like

Re: 20 Hilarious Ways To Know Your Mum Is A Nigerian. by Bonapart(m): 2:09pm On Aug 17, 2015
kehyndey:
ahahahahah...lol....lwkmd...or probably from *uhuhhum.....clearing moi throat and in ma tiny voice* sambisa jungle *nah joke oh* .....amwinkcheesycheesycheesy
grin : getting expensive
Re: 20 Hilarious Ways To Know Your Mum Is A Nigerian. by pearlemerald(f): 2:11pm On Aug 17, 2015
Lwkmd
Re: 20 Hilarious Ways To Know Your Mum Is A Nigerian. by daey118(m): 2:19pm On Aug 17, 2015
BabyDaddy20:
When she gets angry she will start scolding me & my siblings.
In summary she will say "After, you guys will complain that i do talk much.

After eating a full bowl of rice, i will tell her i wanna eat more, I'm not yet filled, her answer will be " Come & eat me.

When i failed my waec exams.
We were watching a movie when she told me pass her one of the remote control & i asked which one, The TV or DVD remote control.
She said " pass any one make we know say you pass something.

The waec part tho........even when you're slicing bread .they'll say you're making noise .
Re: 20 Hilarious Ways To Know Your Mum Is A Nigerian. by queebeediva(f): 3:16pm On Aug 17, 2015
If I messed up my mum will give me a proverb saying, okor no dey grow pass the owner if e try am the owner go bend am . Wow I love my mum superly!
Re: 20 Hilarious Ways To Know Your Mum Is A Nigerian. by ADENIKETINA2015(f): 5:54pm On Aug 17, 2015
Not trying to make her look good cos she's the BEST n the COOLEST, she never did/ does any of these. I love you SISTER. YOU WILL LIVE TO EAT THE FRUITS OF YOUR LABOUR IN JESUS NAME-AMEN
I speak Psalm 91:16 into your life
Re: 20 Hilarious Ways To Know Your Mum Is A Nigerian. by makay200(m): 6:01pm On Aug 17, 2015
Hahaha...do you know my mom?
Re: 20 Hilarious Ways To Know Your Mum Is A Nigerian. by batista181(m): 6:56pm On Aug 17, 2015
When you break a plate mistakenly, mum screams like MUM: break everything in the house, if u like break the house and every thing breakable. When mum breaks a plate, she screams like: MUM: Who put this plate here?I love my mum
Re: 20 Hilarious Ways To Know Your Mum Is A Nigerian. by philemonemenike(m): 7:21pm On Aug 17, 2015
man interesting l'm down out read this because l know the kind of mama l have l reply if the food no Belle full you go drink water.... real najia mama
Re: 20 Hilarious Ways To Know Your Mum Is A Nigerian. by Nobody: 7:23pm On Aug 17, 2015
Wow! How did i miss this hilarous thread? Mine was like, when she gave you something to keep for her, then she later came and asked for the thing and you went to pick it without seeing it but rather telling her the exact place you kept which you cant find, she would be like, "where did you keep it" and you echoed, "i kept it here", then she wont even allow you to finish saying it when she would shout at you and said "then carry it for me na". Chai, na there u go know the kind beatings wey go enter ur body.
Re: 20 Hilarious Ways To Know Your Mum Is A Nigerian. by obiuzonwa: 8:43pm On Aug 17, 2015
When your mum gives one standard loaf of bread to eat up because she caught you begging your friend for a slice... Then you know your mum is from no other place than NIGERIA.
Re: 20 Hilarious Ways To Know Your Mum Is A Nigerian. by obiuzonwa: 11:22am On Aug 18, 2015
If your mum gives several strokes of the cane and tells you to hold your lips together with your fingers.

2 Likes

Re: 20 Hilarious Ways To Know Your Mum Is A Nigerian. by kayalla(f): 2:31pm On Aug 19, 2015
My mom will not beat when u do s'thing wrong. In fact if u do something wrong and she says "don't worry its fine" just know that. . . She will leave till after dinner when u think she has forgotten about and she call u with sweet voice and lure u to her room and then comes the beating of a life time.

Still love u mama

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

How Do I Stop The Excesses Of This Guy Staying With Us? / Man Accused Of Ordering Househelp To Unleash Dogs On His Wife In Lagos / Indonesian Man Forced To Show Joystick To In-laws To Prove He Didn’t Kill Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.