Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,944 members, 7,817,776 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:20 PM

The Ash Rose - Literature (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Ash Rose (27614 Views)

You First Loved Me (Christian Romance) By Rose Akpabio / A Bride For November By Rose Akpabio / Love Happened By Rose Akpabio (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Ash Rose by ChikaSunday(m): 9:08am On Sep 08, 2015
Good, more powers to your elbow.

niDavid:
I'm here o
Re: The Ash Rose by OluwabuqqyYOLO(m): 1:09pm On Sep 08, 2015
Chapter 2: The travails left a trail

The world mocks me.
The palm elongates it's fonds just to whip my face.
The car wouldn't kick as I sit in. It hates the stares it receives as I drive.
Billy belches to his wife without the fingers. Why aren't you special too?

Among arrows, I am the head; Among brothers, the twit; Among sons, the hapless; Among daughters, the recluse hermit; the one who dies young.
Tears won't make me them. It hasn't.
He points at her and worship her hit song. I shake my head too.

But I won't sing with her. I can't; my coat has to be cut with my size.

Omole wouldn't hear of waiting for years to school. She would school and Aunt Isoka would pay. The understanding between the two seemed inpenetrable. The older lady had no daughter, that could explain it. It could have been the family bond too. Afterall, all maternal aunts are good. She never knew her father, his relatives probably would've helped. They bore her of course. But both courses, Aunt Isoka probably wasn't ready to see her dreams erode as the sexual desires of a grandpa.

Omole alighted the car after her aunt. She was making it an habit. It was the same way she alighted at St Rebbecas Hospital albeit the sadness wasn't so haunting anymore. The anguish wasn't gnashing her teeth anymore. She wasn't even waking to weep half into the night anymore. She must have realised it was necessary. Even, Aunt Isoka had seen a glint of her smile twice. She finally gained sanity. The rapist just couldn't hold his emotions - unplanned - ergo, not guilty. She must have realised too.

Erneto Special Learning Institute didn't freighten her in height. She half smiled as the school's piercing beauty struck her. She found herself glad Iyam Special Institution wasn't built for day students. A fraught girl possibly couldn't board for three months.

She felt gazes scorching her mild talcum skin; gazes that fought their ways through the blue gown she donned.

'Come on,' she saw Aunt Isoka already in the marked administrative block. Aunt Isoka just didn't develop phobias for buildings. Her heat eyes must have been helping.

She walked in and met a smiling petite woman. The lady was special too. She knew she would have wishes there. Her heart smiled flourishly.

She didn't feel any form of hatred towards her future baby father.
Re: The Ash Rose by OluwabuqqyYOLO(m): 5:57pm On Sep 08, 2015
blackmarya:
i think the aunt should take omole to the doctor and find means of terminating it so far its still at the early stage, so the doc will knw better and even the paternity of d baby is nt knwn after that she can further her education
Loooooooool, ma'am!
I never thought that way, ma'am. But that's wow!
Re: The Ash Rose by OluwabuqqyYOLO(m): 5:58pm On Sep 08, 2015
prettydiva89:
I can't predict the story.
Then stay with me, ma'am. Enjoy.
Re: The Ash Rose by OluwabuqqyYOLO(m): 5:59pm On Sep 08, 2015
SexySapphire:
I really don't read stories like this but I'm kinda hooked to this. It's been a nice story so far and I'm glad you've followed some of the advices given to you by some literary gurus such as larrysun. Well done.
You're great, ma'am. I'm glad you've been hooked, really. Stay with me.
Re: The Ash Rose by OluwabuqqyYOLO(m): 6:00pm On Sep 08, 2015
ChikaSunday:

A nice one
Thank you, sir. I'm glad.
Re: The Ash Rose by Shalomdee(f): 8:55pm On Sep 08, 2015
UjSizzle:
Hi. I'd say nice attempt but to be honest I'm still trying to wrap my head around the story.
This is what I got: A deaf and dumb girl was raped-- she seemed to want it. Her mother is cripple.

That said, I happen to have a very sensitive palette. I love my literature simple and fluid so perhaps I'm not your desired audience here (?)
You're verbose; some of the words you use can be substituted with less brain-racking ones. Makes your writing cleaner smiley
You use too many breaks (full stops I mean.) Try playing around sentence length. Two long. On short. Use your commas.

Of course that's just my opinion.

The story has potential so I'll keep an eye on it.

Carry on.
You just penned down my own thoughts, its got potential but those big words will make comprehension difficult.
Re: The Ash Rose by Nobody: 4:09pm On Sep 09, 2015
this looks promising,
kudos man
Re: The Ash Rose by Alixe(f): 10:46pm On Sep 09, 2015
Nice
Re: The Ash Rose by xender(m): 11:27pm On Sep 09, 2015
dis na superstory oo ..der don act am
Re: The Ash Rose by Rapoo(m): 11:56pm On Sep 09, 2015
[color=#990000][/color] I'm seeing just a warning
Re: The Ash Rose by Wendysmart(f): 1:29am On Sep 10, 2015
your words are too BIG for me,am the simple type...but I grab your flow,at the initial stage I thought you were Thronekid...but what am seeing now tells me you're a different writer altogether.
I think its quite unfortunate that an incapacitated mother gave birth to an Incapcitated daughter.
Okay..your begining was eerie,i got the feeling that I was walking on someone's grave.
Nice one dear
Re: The Ash Rose by Nobody: 2:25am On Sep 10, 2015
Hi Op. Please could you take it easy on the big big English? If you can substitute them with something people can understand please do.
Re: The Ash Rose by Nobody: 5:54am On Sep 10, 2015
This is a good read so far! Lovely!
Re: The Ash Rose by Smooth278(m): 6:01am On Sep 10, 2015
Great story from an avid reader though I don't post stuff here a lot. .. will be following the story at weekly intervals... keep up the good work and for those complaining about the words pls carry a dictionary and check up some words; Sometimes we learn new words from the books we read so it's a good thing....

1 Like

Re: The Ash Rose by fairygeh(f): 6:40am On Sep 10, 2015
#following,nice story line and I like the fact that the OP has somehow taken to some corrections.
Re: The Ash Rose by twinskenny(m): 7:00am On Sep 10, 2015
Good skill bro.. more success
Re: The Ash Rose by Swissheart(f): 7:10am On Sep 10, 2015
Interesting piece @op......I am in
Re: The Ash Rose by Niwdog(m): 7:59am On Sep 10, 2015
Nice story buh your grammer no be here oo. You just ve to minimize it. Thanks
Re: The Ash Rose by OluwabuqqyYOLO(m): 8:41am On Sep 10, 2015
Re: The Ash Rose by chukwueloka: 8:43am On Sep 10, 2015
am really learning a lot about being a writer from this guy this is a nice piece; can't even predict it.
Re: The Ash Rose by Nobody: 8:53am On Sep 10, 2015
I'm marvelled at your writing skills. More grease to your elbows.
Re: The Ash Rose by Orikinla(m): 8:54am On Sep 10, 2015
Well done.
The simpler your grammar the better.
She struggled for balance is better than she struggled for equilibrium grin.

1 Like

Re: The Ash Rose by Richie0974: 9:25am On Sep 10, 2015
I just have to keep my eyes on this one... Its been great so far. Nice one.
Re: The Ash Rose by OluwabuqqyYOLO(m): 9:31am On Sep 10, 2015
Hi, guys. Benign follow my blog too. There's another story currently going on.

Http://www.allinscribbles..com

You're all welcome.
Re: The Ash Rose by sleemoon(m): 9:43am On Sep 10, 2015
OluwabuqqyYOLO:
Hi, guys. Benign follow my blog too. There's another story currently going on.

Http://www.allinscribbles..com

You're all welcome.

Your blog is only open for invited readers only.... Like Seriously?.. Add me with dis mail /sleemuun@gmail.com/
Re: The Ash Rose by nathie007: 10:05am On Sep 10, 2015
Your writing is highly intensive, engaging and penetrating. Your use of grammar is impeccable. You have a flowery style that not only depict action, but the thought processes that predicated the events. Your choice of character- extra-intelligent vulnerables is highly appealing. I dare say that you got it in you! Bring it ON!
Re: The Ash Rose by OluwabuqqyYOLO(m): 10:21am On Sep 10, 2015
sleemoon:

Your blog is only open for invited readers only.... Like Seriously?.. Add me with dis mail /sleemuun@gmail.com/
I'm very contrite, sir, but plagiarism eats up scribes faster than flames does a dry wood. I need to make my works secured and accessible by trusted minds only. Also, it's an ongoing project yet, I don't want to publicize things that much.

Kindly try it now.

1 Like

Re: The Ash Rose by Nobody: 11:42am On Sep 10, 2015
ok....
Re: The Ash Rose by shankies215(f): 1:49pm On Sep 10, 2015
The first post looks like poetry......ur command of the language is impeccable ...nyc one op
....following
Re: The Ash Rose by FameG(f): 4:56pm On Sep 10, 2015
Is it just me or Am i missing somtin. The main characters name was initially ONOME bt later it became OMOLE. Op pls clarify.

nyc story though. just reduce your grammar.
Re: The Ash Rose by HisMajesty1(m): 5:15pm On Sep 10, 2015
OluwabuqqyYOLO:
Special Invitees:
Fembleez1, Kitme, Harjibolar10, Prettydiva89, Dahprech, Lovingangel, Teebashy, Helenbee, Jezuzboi, Jayhaywhy, Gmekx, Stormangel, Queening, Just4yhu, Aipete2, Tsodjete, Nimk, Hismajesty1, TrishaP, Adeh39, Ayox1 and; all others I possibly can't mention.
I'm so sorry I just saw this... I'm here... Following, good work.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Sā‚¬X Story : Heart Code ā€“ Season 1 ā€“ Episode 1 ā€“ 30 / The Outing - He Says Let's Go Out, She Brought Her Friends Along / Naruto Manga Has Finally Ended (Links & Spoilers)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.