Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,503 members, 7,830,513 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 12:31 AM

South South And The Depressing Myopia Of Their Oil! - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / South South And The Depressing Myopia Of Their Oil! (7560 Views)

Before You Say Igbo Need S/S People In Biafra Because Of Their Oil Pls Read This / 7 Nigerians Who Can Upturn IMF's Depressing GDP Forecast / Buhari's Deafening Silence On The Depressing Scarcity Of Fuel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: South South And The Depressing Myopia Of Their Oil! by Nobody: 11:04am On Aug 19, 2015
gbenson:

ASK THE IGBO MAN OPENED THIS TOPIC WHY HE IS SO INTERESTED IN OUR OIL.

WHY ARE YOU WAILING MORE THAN THE BEREAVED?

We can never join our Desperate and Avaricious neighbors in their quest for self actualization. That is their dream which they are entitled to.
We have our own aspirations which we will actualize in due time.
yo-robber pigs everywhere!! Don't worry we will soon fish you out.
Re: South South And The Depressing Myopia Of Their Oil! by gbenson(m): 11:12am On Aug 19, 2015
ekenedegreat:
yo-robber pigs everywhere!! Don't worry we will soon fish you out.

unam!
Re: South South And The Depressing Myopia Of Their Oil! by Nobody: 11:16am On Aug 19, 2015
francizy:

Keep lying to you and yourself. As if the loads of dead bodies flowing in from the north were produced by Igbos. Do you know how many religious crises that has happened in the north and the number of human beings wasted for silly reasons but yet you think its the Igbo man who does'nt have respect for you? I can mention the number of stewpid reasons that caused bloodshed of the innocent in the north but here you are talking trash about the Igbos not having respect for you. After the civil war, how many times has dead bodies been moved in large numbers (from the Igbo land) for mass burial in your state?

Think before you talk man!!
Don't mind that buffoon!! that's why I don't read his posts because his a dumbo.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: South South And The Depressing Myopia Of Their Oil! by Nobody: 11:27am On Aug 19, 2015
Love is truth. Love is honesty. Anyone who's designed a system in the disfavour of my people and unborn generations is OUR enemy.

I'm a realist. I don't believe in sacrificing truth to appear patriotic, for truth is the highers show of patriotism.

My anger is directed to MY own people, who have consoled themselves with peanuts and crumbs while their fortunes and future are being systematically eroded away.

Our case seems the worst!

The North has ensured the prosperity of its own by creating a lopsided unitary system using the barrels of the gun.

The SW, owing to the vision and foresight of Late Awolowo, had so embraced education and knowledge. They have ALL it takes to be prosperous and developed.

The SE .....What a people! Where do I start from? Industrious. Enterprising. Resilient. Prosperous. They hardly need OUR OYEL!

My region,SS...SMH! Content with crumbs for the day. SMH! I weep as they few rich folks amongst us pride ourselves in driving expensive cars....fake lives! Unconcerned about their tomorrow. ....SMH!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: South South And The Depressing Myopia Of Their Oil! by SonOfEl(m): 12:04pm On Aug 19, 2015
dearpreye:
Love is truth. Love is honesty. Anyone who's designed a system in the disfavour of my people and unborn generations is OUR enemy.

I'm a realist. I don't believe in sacrificing truth to appear patriotic, for truth is the highers show of patriotism.

My anger is directed to MY own people, who have consoled themselves with peanuts and crumbs while their fortunes and future are being systematically eroded away.

The North has ensured the prosperity of its own by creating a lopsided unitary system using the barrels of the gun.

The SW, owing to the vision and foresight of Late Awolowo, had so embraced education and knowledge. They have ALL it takes to be prosperous and developed.

The SE .....What a people! Where do I start from? Industrious. Enterprising. Resilient. Prosperous. They hardly need OUR OYEL!

My region,SS...SMH! Content with crumbs for the day. SMH! I weep as they few rich folks amongst us pride ourselves in driving expensive cars....fake lives! Unconcerned about their tomorrow. ....SMH!

be strong my brother. I believe there are many more that shares your views and vision.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: South South And The Depressing Myopia Of Their Oil! by Nobody: 12:12pm On Aug 19, 2015
SonOfEl:

be strong my brother. I believe there are many more that shares your views and vision.

Thank you!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: South South And The Depressing Myopia Of Their Oil! by OfBiafra: 12:27pm On Aug 19, 2015
Dearpreye, your piece is most encouraging to people like us that have tried to understand this madness that is plaguing the Biafran people.

It used to be senseless claims like ' I'm not igbo, I'm bendel-igbo or nowadays 'I'm Niger-deltan', never minding the implications of identifying themselves with the geography and not the people of the region - the ignorance is outstanding.

The cleverer sort prefer to identify with their ethnic groups only, then claiming to have absolutely no relationship with the bigger Biafran group.

It would have been funny if it wasn't so destructive to our unity.

We are all Biafrans. The sooner we accept this the sooner our oppression from Nigeria stops.

OfBiafra

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: South South And The Depressing Myopia Of Their Oil! by GEJman: 12:30pm On Aug 19, 2015
atbu1983:
Quates from CHM11 ( a nairalander)

"There are a million things that happened in the past that have completely built a bridge between some major tribes. Just the same way the igbos hate the Northerners and the yorubas for the Biafra war (which they ridiculously call genocide), its the same way some major tribes in the SS hate the igbos.

Consider the following with a clear conscience.

The igbos were the most successful tribe in the country during the pre-war era even though the administration of the country was in the hands of the North. Thanks to minister of finance, Okotiebo. The country was still at peace as all tribes could live in other regions peacefully but the igbos were the most decentralised as they could do business in the North, SS, and SW peacefully and successfully. This wasn't good enough and with military power, Aguiyi Ironsi (from anambra) commanded his subordinate (Kaduna Nzeogwu) to carry out the first coup,...Northern leaders were killed by these soldiers in a very ridiculous way. Worse there is an interview where Major Nzeogwu was bragging about how they killed the Northern soldiers in disgustingly ridiculous ways.

This was what led to a reprisal attach by the Northerners and many igbos were killed in the North in return. Nobody went to the east to kill anybody, the east was peaceful.

Oil was just discovered in the Niger Delta region (which the igbos considered as their subordinates). Then the wanted to force the Niger Delta region into Biafra. The biafran Soldiers started from Calabar, forcing all minorities into their army. They went to akwaibom, ogoni, portharcourt, Bayelsa, ughelli, Warri, Sapele, Auchi, Benin, Okada and even Ore. As they went the killed those who refused to join them.

Then when they got to Ore, the yorubas defended their land by fighting back. The Yorubas had been silent all along and the igbos went as far as their homeland trying to invade their land.

Then came the return invasion by the federal troops who helped all SS states and when the igbos were all caged up in their hometown in SE, the federal troops had mercy and didn't attack dem till they surrendered.

Then Ojukwu Ran away to abidjan and the wise Phillip Effiong who was cajoled into the igbo dream went straight to col. Obasanjo and Obasanjo lead Effiong to go and apologise to gowon who gladly accepted his apology.

Today the igbos play the victim like they wernt the ones who started the attack from the first coup.

The invasion of minority tribe lands in Cross river, Akwaibom, Rivers, Bayelsa, Delta, Edo and even parts of Ondo by the Biafran Army, the igbos are quick to forget all these. They just want to play the victim all the time."

DUMBO....PLEASE NOTE: AGUIYI IRONSI IS NOT FROM ANAMBRA.

GO AND GET A REFUND OF YOUR SCHOOL FEES AND SHOOT YOUR PRINCIPAL FOR HEADING A USELESS SCHOOL

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: South South And The Depressing Myopia Of Their Oil! by BraniacX(m): 12:50pm On Aug 19, 2015
dearpreye:
Whoever says slavery has been abolished should have a rethink. Slavery is still real, alive and kicking. As energy cannot be destroyed but can be transformed from one form to the other, so is slavery. It the past it used to be in the form of transatlantic slavery trade, later it transformed into colonialism, later to neo-colonialism, and then to internal colonialism. Of all these forms, the last form seems the worst to me. In the internal, you're hardly aware of it because of its subtlety and legalism.

God knows I don't have the mentality of the average South South person. I'm yet to see a people so engrossed in today's crumbs that they become totally dumb and numb to the challenges and joys of tomorrow. I'm yet to see a people so happy in backwardness and poverty. They will never read history. Even when they do, its just to fulfill some academic purpose. They will never learn. They will never see the bigger picture. They are almost always at the mercies of their parasites. SMH! Mental slavery is terrible. Any man who lives without tomorrow in mind is dead, buried and sealed , while yet he lives.

[b]Nonso Okey Okpala

For those vomiting thrash, Slavery of the mind is very bad. In 1967 the Hausa Fulanis told some disgrutled Ikwerres, Kalabaris, Efiks, Anangs, Ibibios, izon, and Okirikans that the Igbos were interested in their oil. They foolishly accepted and joined the enemy in bed. After the war the truth of those really interested in oil emerged.
The Hausa Fulanis and Yorubas killed Adaka Bolo before he could demand for his region.
They quickly shared the oil well and destroyed the land. Unfortunately the indigenes were helpless because they fought against their brothers.
The Ogonis were raped by Col. Oguntimo led forces. Saro Wiwa was killed by the Hausas. Yet the young men remained ignorant and hopless. How many of those people were killed by Igbos.

The SS are the most hopless set of people in the whole world. An adage says that when people unirate together it will foam.
It is also good to chase away the fox and then ask the mother hen what she was looking for in the bush. Anytime the SE and SS attempt to come together, the fifth columnist will appear.

Is there any where indigenously called the NIGER DELTA? What is the name of the people living in the area called Niger delta? Niger delta is an area not a people. You are either Ijaw, Igbo, Urohbo, Okirika, Kalabari, Itshekiri, Anioma, Ikwerre, Etche etc. All these area were originally called BIAFRA and this is contained in the document singned by the British during trade before colonialism.

We are very unwise. Anambra state pays more wages to civil servants than Delta State, Rivers State, Bayelsa State, Akwa ibom state. And you are talking of oil. Which oil? Rubbish. People are building cars, manufacturing and making billion. See you see America, see France, see Britain.

Your land is laid waste and you are talking our oil. Wake up.
[/b]

My brudaaaaaaaaaaH! embarassed
Re: South South And The Depressing Myopia Of Their Oil! by Sweetlemon(f): 12:57pm On Aug 19, 2015
ECOTERRORS:
The Op is an ijaw man, he is more SS than Sweetlemon who comes from Oron and has never visited her hometown

That I don't live there does not mean I don't visit ok?

1 Like

Re: South South And The Depressing Myopia Of Their Oil! by Nobody: 12:59pm On Aug 19, 2015
gbenson:

unam!
Ozu!!

1 Like

Re: South South And The Depressing Myopia Of Their Oil! by fr3do(m): 1:05pm On Aug 19, 2015
babyfaceafrica:
just be careful with this your neighbours..they are not going to just leave u like that,they will claim the claimabbles,like saying delta igbos are igbos...

How has Aniomas being Igbos or not, helped the southeast?
The brainwashing is strong o.

1 Like

Re: South South And The Depressing Myopia Of Their Oil! by fr3do(m): 1:07pm On Aug 19, 2015
atbu1983:

You should Jump into the lagoon and get lost. nobody will remember you

Lagoon? Why not the River Niger?
Are you sure you are a Niger Deltan brought up and bred in the Niger Delta?

1 Like

Re: South South And The Depressing Myopia Of Their Oil! by fr3do(m): 1:13pm On Aug 19, 2015
atbu1983:

Biafra Occupation of Midwest
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Midwest_Invasion_of_1967

On August 17 Governor Okonkwo installed a dusk to dawn curfew in which only citizens with passes would be allowed to move freely at night. Non-Igbo citizens, especially the Hausa community, were subject to harassment from Biafran soldiers while women were often molested and sometimes raped, this in retaliation for the 1966 anti-Igbo pogrom. Resistance groups began springing up constantly consisting of mainly ethnic Urhobos and Ijaws. Because of a series of uprisings against the occupying Biafrans in Benin City, General Okonkwo began raising a force of loyal native inhabitants to combat the rebels. By August 18 Okonkwo had assembled a force of 780 reliable volunteers to keep natives from attacking or killing Biafran soldiers. Loyal inhabitants donated whatever weaponry they has to the Biafrans, which consisted mainly of single-shot rifles and double-barreled shotguns. Cooks began poisoning Biafran soldiers whenever they had the chance to and it was because of this that Biafran soldiers began only eating food that was cooked by ethnic Igbos or self-cooked. Rebellious natives who did not wish to fight would often seduce Biafran soldiers to get information out of them and tell Nigerian authorities. On August 20 a group of Urhobo/Ijaw rebels raided a Biafran camp and were successful in killing 50 soldiers while 16 rebels were killed in the skirmish. Due to these rebellions Biafran soldiers began raiding and pillaging villages throughout both the Mid-Western Region and Niger Delta inhabited by anyone other than Igbo civilians. The Biafran government began broadcasting Biafran propaganda in the region while the Nigerian government broadcast anti-Biafran propaganda as well. On September 19 President Ojukwu declared Governor Okonkwo President of the Biafran puppet-state, the Republic of Benin, in an attempt to make citizens of the Mid-Western Region loyal to a government other than Nigeria.

Date: 7 October, 1967
Deaths: 700+
Perpetrators: Murtala Mohammed, Ibrahim Taiwo

The Asaba massacres occurred in early October 1967, during the Nigerian Civil War, fought over the secession of Biafra (the former Eastern Region of Nigeria). Biafran troops invaded the Midwest Region of Nigeria, to the west of the River Niger, in early August, 1967. They spread west, taking Benin City and reaching as far as Ore, where they were pushed back by the Nigerian Second Division, under the command of Col. Murtala Muhammed.

The Nigerian troops gained the upper hand, and forced the Biafrans back to the Niger, where they crossed the bridge back into the Biafran city of Onitsha, which lies directly across from Asaba. The Biafrans blew up the eastern spans of the bridge, so that the Nigerian troops were unable to pursue them.

The Nigerian troops entered Asaba around October 5, and began ransacking houses and killing civilians, claiming they were Biafran sympathisers. Leaders summoned the townspeople to assemble on the morning of October 7, hoping to end the violence through a show of support for "One Nigeria." Hundreds of men, women, and children, many wearing the ceremonial akwa ocha (white) attire paraded along the main street, singing, dancing, and chanting "One Nigeria." At a junction, men and teenage boys were separated from women and young children, and gathered in an open square at Ogbe-Osawa village. Nigerian troops revealed machine guns, and orders were given by Maj. Ibrahim Taiwo to open fire. It is estimated that more than 700 men and boys were killed, some as young as 12 years old, in addition to many more killed in the preceding days.

The bodies of some victims were retrieved by family members and buried at home. But most were buried in many mass graves, without appropriate ceremony. Many extended families lost dozens of men and boys. Nigerian troops occupied Asaba for many months, during which time most of the town was destroyed, many women and girls were raped or forcibly "married," and large numbers of citizens fled, many not returning until the war ended in 1970.

Source: Wikipedia

1 Like

Re: South South And The Depressing Myopia Of Their Oil! by TruthisGOD: 1:22pm On Aug 19, 2015
atbu1983:

Op, from my perspective, I think you are d one who is myopic who does not see the big picture. Niger Delta Emancipation cannot happened through Biafra. You may be a Biafra symperthiser and believe that any South South person who does not support Biafra is Myopic.

The truth is that not everybody want to be subordinate for ever. Many south south people want total freedom. Not a situation where a Tribe (igbo) who believe they are born to rule all the south south minority we put us into to complete extinction. Hausa Fulani is not our problem. The problem of Niger Delta is Igbo, Yoruba and Hausa. To me Hausa people have some respect and regard for others even when power is with them. But Igbo will threat others as semi-human being if you give them that opportunity.

History has teach many wise south south people Igbo are the worst set of Nigerians to give absolute power to. The attrocity and genocide committed by the Igbo on south south minority during the civil war is still fresh in some peoples mind. You might have forgotten others have not.

Isaac Adaka boro lost his vision of Ijaw Republic because Igbo believes we are thier slaves. It was Igbo head of state General Agunyi Ironsi who stopped him and fought him and destroyed his dream.

You may have personal hatred for Hausa/fulani because igbos have brainwashed you they are your enemy. Not everyone is brainwashed.
The fact is that SS on their own can never actualize their own republic cos they are not homogenous
Re: South South And The Depressing Myopia Of Their Oil! by Eastlink(m): 1:31pm On Aug 19, 2015
dearpreye:
Whoever says slavery has been abolished should have a rethink. Slavery is still real, alive and kicking. As energy cannot be destroyed but can be transformed from one form to the other, so is slavery. It the past it used to be in the form of transatlantic slavery trade, later it transformed into colonialism, later to neo-colonialism, and then to internal colonialism. Of all these forms, the last form seems the worst to me. In the internal, you're hardly aware of it because of its subtlety and legalism.

God knows I don't have the mentality of the average South South person. I'm yet to see a people so engrossed in today's crumbs that they become totally dumb and numb to the challenges and joys of tomorrow. I'm yet to see a people so happy in backwardness and poverty. They will never read history. Even when they do, its just to fulfill some academic purpose. They will never learn. They will never see the bigger picture. They are almost always at the mercies of their parasites. SMH! Mental slavery is terrible. Any man who lives without tomorrow in mind is dead, buried and sealed , while yet he lives.

[b]Nonso Okey Okpala

For those vomiting thrash, Slavery of the mind is very bad. In 1967 the Hausa Fulanis told some disgrutled Ikwerres, Kalabaris, Efiks, Anangs, Ibibios, izon, and Okirikans that the Igbos were interested in their oil. They foolishly accepted and joined the enemy in bed. After the war the truth of those really interested in oil emerged.
The Hausa Fulanis and Yorubas killed Adaka Bolo before he could demand for his region.
They quickly shared the oil well and destroyed the land. Unfortunately the indigenes were helpless because they fought against their brothers.
The Ogonis were raped by Col. Oguntimo led forces. Saro Wiwa was killed by the Hausas. Yet the young men remained ignorant and hopless. How many of those people were killed by Igbos.

The SS are the most hopless set of people in the whole world. An adage says that when people unirate together it will foam.
It is also good to chase away the fox and then ask the mother hen what she was looking for in the bush. Anytime the SE and SS attempt to come together, the fifth columnist will appear.

Is there any where indigenously called the NIGER DELTA? What is the name of the people living in the area called Niger delta? Niger delta is an area not a people. You are either Ijaw, Igbo, Urohbo, Okirika, Kalabari, Itshekiri, Anioma, Ikwerre, Etche etc. All these area were originally called BIAFRA and this is contained in the document singned by the British during trade before colonialism.

We are very unwise. Anambra state pays more wages to civil servants than Delta State, Rivers State, Bayelsa State, Akwa ibom state. And you are talking of oil. Which oil? Rubbish. People are building cars, manufacturing and making billion. See you see America, see France, see Britain.

Your land is laid waste and you are talking our oil. Wake up.
[/b]
Thought provoking article. Let the deaf hear.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: South South And The Depressing Myopia Of Their Oil! by Sweetlemon(f): 1:33pm On Aug 19, 2015
TruthisGOD:
The fact is that SS on their own can never actualize their own republic cos they are not homogenous

If SS are not homogenous what will you now call SS/SE?

1 Like

Re: South South And The Depressing Myopia Of Their Oil! by Nobody: 1:42pm On Aug 19, 2015
Eastlink:
Thought provoking article. Let the deaf hear.

Thanks bro. In this time and age, ignorance is a choice. And it's consequences are dire.

1 Like

Re: South South And The Depressing Myopia Of Their Oil! by Nobody: 1:43pm On Aug 19, 2015
Ugomba:
Despite all the Oil my Delta State have yet many parts of the state are underdeveloped..

assuming it was the northerners with the oil, una for don suffer.
Re: South South And The Depressing Myopia Of Their Oil! by Nobody: 1:49pm On Aug 19, 2015
BuddahMonk:
Left for me I will prefer a Biafra of only Igbo people, these ethnic groups were are trying to force into Biafra will hurt us.

Let Ijaws form Ijawnation afterall Luxembourg is not bigger than Ebonyi State, let Urhobo form with Issoko.

I won't support Biafra that involves other ethnic groups because they have been brainwashed to think all their problems emanate from the Igboman.

I root for the Republic of Ijaw Nation, I prefer Biafra Republic of only Igbo people
Ebuka, I like you for this brilliant post. I'll give you our housegirl for tonight.

1 Like

Re: South South And The Depressing Myopia Of Their Oil! by TruthisGOD: 1:57pm On Aug 19, 2015
Sweetlemon:

If SS are not homogenous what will you now call SS/SE?
There r more ibo ppl in SS. So the integration is perfect. Besides the have a common value. U shld tell yourself the truth that SS can never get a republic of SS.
Re: South South And The Depressing Myopia Of Their Oil! by Nobody: 2:10pm On Aug 19, 2015
plz I jxt need u guys to stop saying this SS/SE nation b'cos it won't work............for me i totally support an independent IGBO NATION,IJAW NATION, EFIK NATION,IKWERRE NATION etc.........just the knowlege of "we are one"is enough to bring unity, love & peace to each nation.................. i stand for a PURE IGBO NATION.............don't quote me...........
Re: South South And The Depressing Myopia Of Their Oil! by Nobody: 2:12pm On Aug 19, 2015
TruthisGOD:
There r more ibo ppl in SS. So the integration is perfect. Besides the have a common value. U shld tell yourself the truth that SS can never get a republic of SS.

You think you can get Biafra, and we cant get south south republic? Can you hear urself?

1 Like

Re: South South And The Depressing Myopia Of Their Oil! by Nobody: 2:14pm On Aug 19, 2015
plz I jxt need u guys to stop saying this SS/SE nation b'cos it won't work............for me i totally support an independent IGBO NATION,IJAW NATION, EFIK NATION,IKWERRE NATION etc.........just the knowlege of "we are one"is enough to bring unity, love & peace to each nation.................. i stand for a PURE IGBO NATION.............don't quote me........... etc.........just the knowlege of "we are one"is enough to bring unity, love & peace to each nation.................. i stand for a PURE IGBO NATION.............don't quote me...........
Re: South South And The Depressing Myopia Of Their Oil! by Nobody: 2:19pm On Aug 19, 2015
dearpreye:

The North is not the root cause of the system we have today. Igbo created the Unitary system, but along the way lost power to the North and today are crying fowl. Without the Igbo coup and Gen Agunyi Ironsi in 1966, the Niger Delta people would have been enjoying thier resources today.

Below is how agunyi Ironsi made Nigeria a unitary govt. Source wikipedia

Agunyi Ironsi 194 days in office
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Johnson_Aguiyi-Ironsi

Ironsi inherited a Nigeria deeply fractured by its ethnic and religious cleavages. The fact that none of the high-profile victims of the 1966 coup were of Igbo extraction, and also that the main beneficiaries of the coup were Igbo, led the Northern part of the country to believe that it was an Igbo conspiracy. Though Ironsi tried to dispel this notion by courting the aggrieved ethnic groups through political appointments and patronage, his failure to punish the coup plotters and the promulgation of the now infamous "Decree No. 34"—which abrogated the country's federal structure in exchange for a unitary one— crystallized this conspiracy theory.

During his short regime Aguiyi-Ironsi promulgated a raft of decrees. Among them were the Constitution Suspension and Amendment Decree No.1, which suspended most articles of the Constitution (though he left intact those sections of the constitution that dealt with fundamental human rights, freedom of expression and conscience were left intact). The Circulation of Newspaper Decree No.2 which removed the restrictions on press freedom put in place by the preceding civilian administration. According to Ndayo Uko, the Decree no.2 was to serve "as a kind gesture to the press.." to safeguard himself when he went on later to promulgate the Defamatory and Offensive Decree No.44 of 1966 which made it an "offense to display or pass on pictorial representation, sing songs, or play instruments the words of which are likely to provoke any section of the country."

He also as per the proposals of a single man committee passed the controversial Unification Decree No. 34 aimed to unify Nigeria into a unitary state. This decree effectively gave prefriential treatment to the Igbo in Unified State were the Regions no longer had any sort of autonomy from the Federal Government

1 Like 1 Share

Re: South South And The Depressing Myopia Of Their Oil! by Nobody: 3:01pm On Aug 19, 2015
Op, go and read Isaac Adaka Boro Autobiography (wriiten himself). Read Chapter 5 - Campus Politics
http://www.adakaboro.org/the12dayrev/chapter-5-campus-politics.

This was the campaign statement of his opponent for UNN SUG presidency:

"My opponent, Ejiogu, took the floor when I had finished, and what did he say? "Ladies and gentleman, this is a crucial time in Nigeria when we should not allow a vocal minority to rule an obvious majority.

These words still ring in my memory because, as my opponent put it, they are crucial not only to me but to my people, the Ijaws. Most of the alien students walked out of the hall and it seemed as if a spell was cast on the atmosphere. The campaigns ended solemnly and the result of the election was again one way. Ejiogu won with his majority. The last minute strategy. A Cameroonian friend of mine, John Ngole, promptly resigned his secretaryship of the Historical Society in protest."
Re: South South And The Depressing Myopia Of Their Oil! by TruthisGOD: 3:05pm On Aug 19, 2015
atbu1983:

You think you can get Biafra, and we cant get south south republic? Can you hear urself?
SS republic? How pathetic. You don't even have a name. Hw vocal have you been in your agitation of your so called SS republic? FYI, Biafra agitation started since 1966 and is still on going. Nobody is holding you.
Re: South South And The Depressing Myopia Of Their Oil! by Nobody: 3:10pm On Aug 19, 2015
TruthisGOD:
SS republic? How pathetic. You don't even have a name. Hw vocal have you been in your agitation of your so called SS republic? FYI, Biafra agitation started since 1966 and is still on going. Nobody is holding you.

Without an independent Niger Delta, Biafra is dead on arrival.

1 Like

Re: South South And The Depressing Myopia Of Their Oil! by TruthisGOD: 3:24pm On Aug 19, 2015
atbu1983:

Without an independent Niger Delta, Biafra is dead on arrival.
Lets be reasonable here, if the ibo speaking states that countribute less than 30% in terms of revenue accrued from oil wants to seccede Nigeria will not allow to them seccede peacefuly, hw is it possible that SS that is the main bulk of oil revenue can seceede inependently? For SS to seceede the need a strong alliance with SE.
Re: South South And The Depressing Myopia Of Their Oil! by Rose2014: 3:50pm On Aug 19, 2015
TruthisGOD:
Lets be reasonable here, if the ibo speaking states that countribute less than 30% in terms of revenue accrued from oil wants to seccede Nigeria will not allow to them seccede peacefuly, hw is it possible that SS that is the main bulk of oil revenue can seceede inependently? For SS to seceede the need a strong alliance with SE.

100% correct
This is what I've bn saying. People that have refused to restructure Nigeria because of oil but they'll create SS country for them.

The good thing is that the smart ones are able to see beyond their nose while some Yoruba/Hausa impostors are busy shouting 'our oyel' to confuse the gullible
Re: South South And The Depressing Myopia Of Their Oil! by carnegiefan: 4:49pm On Aug 19, 2015
I was almost about to lose interest in the Ijaw corner of Biafra until dearpreye show up. The man is exceptional. I have learned many philosophical reasoning from him. In fact the man is enlightment personified!

I listen to radio Biafra, and I can attest to the fact that callers from the "SS" are far more pro-Biafran than those from "SE".
One of such people from Cross river state commented in a thread here in Nairaland in which he proved beyond doubt (to me) that he and his northern Cross River people are more Biafran than Igbo people.

My Biafran brothers, believe it or not we are actually winning the information war.
There was a time here in Nairaland that all we get from anti-Biafran people here were threats of war and taunts about our people killed during the war. Then they changed to masquerading as people from our lands to attack our determination to leave slavery behind.
Today they are desperate because they know that truth is light, and darkness can never defeat light.

So, (in Director's voice), WE MUST MOVE AHEAD. cool

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: South South And The Depressing Myopia Of Their Oil! by Nobody: 4:58pm On Aug 19, 2015
carnegiefan:
I was almost about to lose interest in the Ijaw corner of Biafra until dearpreye show up. The man is exceptional. I have learned many philosophical reasoning from him. In fact the man is enlightment personified!

I listen to radio Biafra, and I can attest to the fact that callers from the "SS" are far more pro-Biafran than those from "SE".
One of such people from Cross river state commented in a thread here in Nairaland in which he proved beyond doubt (to me) that he and his northern Cross River people are more Biafran than Igbo people.

My Biafran brothers, believe it or not we are actually winning the information war.
There was a time here in Nairaland that all we get from anti-Biafran people here were threats of war and taunts about our people killed during the war. Then they changed to masquerading as people from our lands to attack our determination to leave slavery behind.
Today they are desperate because they know that truth is light, and darkness can never defeat light.

So, (in Director's voice), WE MUST MOVE AHEAD. cool

Bro, it's sad. It's depressing. Every nation sets up a Constitution that guarantees the development and growth of ALL its inhabitants. Here, the reverse is the case. Our Constitution is a monumental albatross to our growth.

There's no greater declaration of war than deliberately creating a system that clearly undermines the growth and welfare of a people. That's a war!

The Ijaws are unique set of people. When we finally get the appropriate amount of information on this internal colonialism, we will seek with a vigour that will appear baffling to the Biafrans. Fraud and falsehood will meet their Waterloo soon. Very soon.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Amosun Reacts: 'No Worker Was Sacked Over Strike Action By Me' / Onnoghen’s Trial Resumes Today / FLASH: APC Denies Suspending Akeredolu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.