Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,299 members, 7,829,694 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:38 AM

South South And The Depressing Myopia Of Their Oil! - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / South South And The Depressing Myopia Of Their Oil! (7546 Views)

Before You Say Igbo Need S/S People In Biafra Because Of Their Oil Pls Read This / 7 Nigerians Who Can Upturn IMF's Depressing GDP Forecast / Buhari's Deafening Silence On The Depressing Scarcity Of Fuel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: South South And The Depressing Myopia Of Their Oil! by Greatfuture: 9:12am On Aug 19, 2015
Be care ful what you ask for,when you ask for war and bloodshed let it be known to you that its not a movie but a real life situation.please lets all kindly avoid the hate,ethnic, tribal and religous bad belle. whether north,south,east,west,christian,muslim,traditionalist,The country problems remain the same where ever in the country we go to.
Re: South South And The Depressing Myopia Of Their Oil! by Candyrain(m): 9:14am On Aug 19, 2015
gbenson:

ASK THE IGBO MAN OPENED THIS TOPIC WHY HE IS SO INTERESTED IN OUR OIL.

WHY ARE YOU WAILING MORE THAN THE BEREAVED?

Does the name PREYE sound Igbo to you? If I'm asked to take a guess I'll say you are from SW from your moniker with the "gben" likely to be gbenga (I could be wrong). What is it with this "Our Oil" thing? Are you trying to tell me that if oil dries up then you got nothing left? Kai!!! O YE SONS OF MEN!

14 Likes

Re: South South And The Depressing Myopia Of Their Oil! by SonOfEl(m): 9:17am On Aug 19, 2015
atbu1983:

God has already solved the problem with River Niger. that is a natural demarcation and border. You have to accept that.

tell that to the Egyptians living on two sides of the River Nile.

tell that to the Zambia in the living in the two sides of Zambezi river.

you think we are landlocked? God did not answer your prayers.

15 Likes

Re: South South And The Depressing Myopia Of Their Oil! by zendy: 9:20am On Aug 19, 2015
atbu1983:

That is where you Igbo are getting it wrong. Nigeria cannot split into two. Nigeria can only split into minimum of five countries. Your five south east state will form Biafra. The six south south states will form a confederation or atleast three single countries.

The question in the referedum will not be will you join Biafra or Nigeria. That wont be the question.
The question will be do you want independence or Not with Nigeria grouped into minimum of five nations.

Unfortunately, you cannot create countries with the states because the states are articificial creations themselves. Only tribes and ethnic group affiliations can create countries. Igbos or Igbo land is much larger than the 5 states given to them. For e.g, Delta-Igbos or Anioma people make up about 30% of Delta state in size and population. There are Igbo speaking communities in the lower Benue. I'm not even talking about Rivers Igbos. Let's assume all Igbos form a separate nation. What tribes are going to come together to make up the other countries you talked about? Are the Itshekiris/Urohbos/Isoko going to come together to form a country? What will form what? This is very educational for me as an Igbo man

14 Likes

Re: South South And The Depressing Myopia Of Their Oil! by Candyrain(m): 9:22am On Aug 19, 2015
Rose2014:

You go fear source na cheesy
Chm11 is now the source.

*walks out of thread*

Rose, you have no idea how I felt ashamed for the guy after reading that piece of trash. The guy is gone, he is irredeemable.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: South South And The Depressing Myopia Of Their Oil! by Nobody: 9:24am On Aug 19, 2015
BuddahMonk:
Ijaw are just suffering from Neo-Kolomental.

Most Igbos made their money without being in the oil business. Emeka Offor that is into oil business is operating in Sao Tome and Principe, Nestoil is in Anioma, Orient is in Anambra State.

Igbos have oil in Abia, Imo, Anambra and Anioma yet most Igbo billionaires are not oilmade, but am yet to see an Ijaw oil billionaire despite sitting ontop the crude oil and think Igbos are their problems.

There are two crude refineries in Rivers State but PMS is more cheaper in Abakakili than in Port Harcourt.

Ikwerre people shout Igbos want our oil but there no Ikwerreman or woman that have fuel station yet they have refinery in their backyards grin grin grin grin grin

I wonder the issue with some brainwashed Niger Deltans

11 Likes

Re: South South And The Depressing Myopia Of Their Oil! by glassjar1: 9:24am On Aug 19, 2015
Greatfuture:
Isaac Jasper Boro was born to a Kaiama family in present day Bayelsa State of Nigeria, in 1938 and died in mysterious circumstances on May 16, 1968 while fighting to unite Nigeria. [1,2]

Boro was he who shortly after the Jan. 1966 coup declared the first Republic within Nigeria called the Niger Delta Republic that lasted for 12 days. It was an attempt to liberate the Niger Delta people from the socio-economic oppression by the then eastern regional government. He was a chemistry undergraduate and the president of the students' union of the University of Nigeria, Nsukka, a police officer and at his death, a commissioned officer of the Nigerian Army. see [4 for more details about this aspect of his life as I concentrate on the subject matter of this piece).

It is no use to repeat that [b]Isaac Boro who was jailed by the Maj. Gen. Aguiyi-Ironsi [/b]government on recommendation by the supreme court of Nigeria was pardoned by Lt. Col Yakubu Gowon's [b][/b]government and [b]later commissioned by the Nigerian Army as an officer [/b]to help liberate southern territories under Biafran control. He recruited Rivers men who volunteered to serve under him and gave them brief training at Escravos. According to Obasanjo on page 47 of [1], Boro's one-thousand Rivers men were "hurriedly and poorly trained with little or nothing in the way of training facilities and resources". His group was then attached to the 3 Marine Commando Division (then 3 Marine) under the command of Col. Benjamin Adekunle

you keep nailing your side the waste trash to the cross ok keep churning lies to discredit ordained nature ,you and all tribal

people are ranting in vain . every body has seen exactly your tribal mind . BIAFRA IS A giant spirit it will eclipse your evil axis

waste trash wailers . save your tears for the emergence of the GIANT BIAFRA coming . cheesy

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: South South And The Depressing Myopia Of Their Oil! by Nobody: 9:25am On Aug 19, 2015
cheesy cheesy
BuddahMonk:
Ijaw are just suffering from Neo-Kolomental.

Most Igbos made their money without being in the oil business. Emeka Offor that is into oil business is operating in Sao Tome and Principe, Nestoil is in Anioma, Orient is in Anambra State.

Igbos have oil in Abia, Imo, Anambra and Anioma yet most Igbo billionaires are not oilmade, but am yet to see an Ijaw oil billionaire despite sitting ontop the crude oil and think Igbos are their problems.

There are two crude refineries in Rivers State but PMS is more cheaper in Abakakili than in Port Harcourt.

Ikwerre people shout Igbos want our oil but there no Ikwerreman or woman that have fuel station yet they have refinery in their backyards grin grin grin grin grin

I wonder the issue with some brainwashed Niger Deltans

10 Likes

Re: South South And The Depressing Myopia Of Their Oil! by GenbIoodykiller: 9:25am On Aug 19, 2015
omoelesa:
Thread for the ibos, to chest beat,boast and toast the niger-deltans.A people that are never proud of their landlocked enclave until its attached itself to other region.

Yellowbar scum

10 Likes

Re: South South And The Depressing Myopia Of Their Oil! by glassjar1: 9:28am On Aug 19, 2015
atbu1983:

You are d one who is trying to steal people that are not yours by distorting history and common sense.

shachris mental blast

1 Like 1 Share

Re: South South And The Depressing Myopia Of Their Oil! by Candyrain(m): 9:31am On Aug 19, 2015
dearpreye:

Actually we don't see with our eyes, but with our MIND. LOL! When the mind is clogged up, the eyes become darkened!

It's gonna be very difficult to help them with their situation.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: South South And The Depressing Myopia Of Their Oil! by Nobody: 9:32am On Aug 19, 2015
Alliance is not by force. Feel free to drink and choke on your oil.

6 Likes

Re: South South And The Depressing Myopia Of Their Oil! by Rose2014: 9:39am On Aug 19, 2015
ECOTERRORS:
LOL, I belive you are an Edo man from the northern part of Edo that shares close affinity with Okene than even the Bini. Your own SS makes me to laugh.
An Instance is when a Bornu man looks at that idoma man that shares boundary with Nsukka and calls him Northerner. The Idoma man will have a ready answer that's not palatable for that Bornu man

See finishing grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: South South And The Depressing Myopia Of Their Oil! by cheruv: 9:46am On Aug 19, 2015
dearpreye:
Whoever says slavery has been abolished should have a rethink. Slavery is still real, alive and kicking. As energy cannot be destroyed but can be transformed from one form to the other, so is slavery. It the past it used to be in the form of transatlantic slavery trade, later it transformed into colonialism, later to neo-colonialism, and then to internal colonialism. Of all these forms, the last form seems the worst to me. In the internal, you're hardly aware of it because of its subtlety and legalism.

God knows I don't have the mentality of the average South South person. I'm yet to see a people so engrossed in today's crumbs that they become totally dumb and numb to the challenges and joys of tomorrow. I'm yet to see a people so happy in backwardness and poverty. They will never read history. Even when they do, its just to fulfill some academic purpose. They will never learn. They will never see the bigger picture. They are almost always at the mercies of their parasites. SMH! Mental slavery is terrible. Any man who lives without tomorrow in mind is dead, buried and sealed , while yet he lives.

[b]Nonso Okey Okpala

For those vomiting thrash, Slavery of the mind is very bad. In 1967 the Hausa Fulanis told some disgrutled Ikwerres, Kalabaris, Efiks, Anangs, Ibibios, izon, and Okirikans that the Igbos were interested in their oil. They foolishly accepted and joined the enemy in bed. After the war the truth of those really interested in oil emerged.
The Hausa Fulanis and Yorubas killed Adaka Bolo before he could demand for his region.
They quickly shared the oil well and destroyed the land. Unfortunately the indigenes were helpless because they fought against their brothers.
The Ogonis were raped by Col. Oguntimo led forces. Saro Wiwa was killed by the Hausas. Yet the young men remained ignorant and hopless. How many of those people were killed by Igbos.

The SS are the most hopless set of people in the whole world. An adage says that when people unirate together it will foam.
It is also good to chase away the fox and then ask the mother hen what she was looking for in the bush. Anytime the SE and SS attempt to come together, the fifth columnist will appear.

Is there any where indigenously called the NIGER DELTA? What is the name of the people living in the area called Niger delta? Niger delta is an area not a people. You are either Ijaw, Igbo, Urohbo, Okirika, Kalabari, Itshekiri, Anioma, Ikwerre, Etche etc. All these area were originally called BIAFRA and this is contained in the document singned by the British during trade before colonialism.

We are very unwise. Anambra state pays more wages to civil servants than Delta State, Rivers State, Bayelsa State, Akwa ibom state. And you are talking of oil. Which oil? Rubbish. People are building cars, manufacturing and making billion. See you see America, see France, see Britain.

Your land is laid waste and you are talking our oil. Wake up.
[/b]
This guy is the Izon version of nnamdi kanu ..dishing out the raw caustic truth grin
Pls can trapQ and her fellow "we SS" peeps tell the world how much we want their oil tongue

7 Likes

Re: South South And The Depressing Myopia Of Their Oil! by cheruv: 9:53am On Aug 19, 2015
ECOTERRORS:
The Op is an ijaw man, he is more SS than Sweetlemon who comes from Oron and has never visited her hometown
I dey tells you grin

1 Like

Re: South South And The Depressing Myopia Of Their Oil! by Candyrain(m): 9:55am On Aug 19, 2015
atbu1983:

They are part of the south south. They will go with south south
There are many yoruba in benin republic and togo. they are not in Nigeria.
There are many hausa in Niger, chad etc. They are not in Nigeria.
The state of Texas in the US are latino from mexico. That does not make mexicans Americans.
Boundary region of two countries always have people of similar culture.

God has already solved the problem with River Niger. that is a natural demarcation and border. You have to accept that.

And what if they choose to join with SE? Will you force them to stay with you or will you have them driven out of their land to join SE?

6 Likes

Re: South South And The Depressing Myopia Of Their Oil! by gbenson(m): 9:57am On Aug 19, 2015
Sik sang, sik sang a bo owo itie.
Re: South South And The Depressing Myopia Of Their Oil! by SOUNDKING: 10:02am On Aug 19, 2015
omoelesa:
Thread for the ibos, to chest beat,boast and toast the niger-deltans.A people that are never proud of their landlocked enclave until its attached itself to other region.
Botswana is one of the many great nations of Africa,yet they are completly landlocked,but it is rather unfortunate, for you to say igboland is landlocked,that shows you knows nothing about the Igbos except the fear.

7 Likes

Re: South South And The Depressing Myopia Of Their Oil! by cheruv: 10:03am On Aug 19, 2015
atbu1983:

They are part of the south south. They will go with south south
There are many yoruba in benin republic and togo. they are not in Nigeria.
There are many hausa in Niger, chad etc. They are not in Nigeria.
The state of Texas in the US are latino from mexico. That does not make mexicans Americans.
Boundary region of two countries always have people of similar culture.

Keep dreaming bro grin
SE Igbo + SS Igbo = Igboland which is the homeland of 40M Igbos worldwide.
Don't mess with us bro! undecided

7 Likes

Re: South South And The Depressing Myopia Of Their Oil! by omoelesa(m): 10:11am On Aug 19, 2015
SOUNDKING:
Botswana is one of the many great nations of Africa,yet they are completly landlocked,but it is rather unfortunate, for you to say igboland is landlocked,that shows you knows nothing about the Igbos except the fear.
lol,fear wetin?me, fear ibos that can do without yoruba land.
Re: South South And The Depressing Myopia Of Their Oil! by gbenson(m): 10:13am On Aug 19, 2015
cheruv:

Keep dreaming bro grin
SE Igbo + SS Igbo = Igboland which is the homeland of 40M Igbos worldwide.
Don't mess with us bro! undecided

What about SW Igbo why not claim that side too......

When someone extends a handshake to you, you grab his elbows.
Re: South South And The Depressing Myopia Of Their Oil! by SonOfEl(m): 10:20am On Aug 19, 2015
gbenson:

idiot, leave OKOCHA alone. leave OKONJO-IWEALA alone. leave COL. "AIR RAID" ACHUZIE alone. leave EDOZIEN alone. leave NZEOGWU alone. leave PAT UTOMI alone. leave JULIUS AGWU alone.

leave IGBOS alone!!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: South South And The Depressing Myopia Of Their Oil! by gbenson(m): 10:22am On Aug 19, 2015
:
SonOfEl:

idiot, leave OKOCHA alone. leave OKONJO-IWEALA alone. leave COL. "AIR RAID" ACHUZIE alone. leave EDOZIEN alone. leave NZEOGWU alone. leave PAT UTOMI alone. leave JULIUS AGWU alone.

leave IGBOS alone!!

tongue
Re: South South And The Depressing Myopia Of Their Oil! by Nobody: 10:24am On Aug 19, 2015
francizy:
I love the fact that the Igbos harldly mention oil. I love the fact that the Igbos are vast in trading, local manufacturing, buying and selling, real estate, academics, entertainment, sports, etc. I usually don't open threads where people scream "Igbos want our oil" because it is either the person is an impersonator or the said person is dumb.

They should ask themselves the million dollar questions:

- who talks more about your oil?
- which set owns most of your oil blocks?
- which set works more in your oil companies?
- finally, which set has been ruling us since independence?

When the dumb ones are done answering these questions genuinely they may then see the bigger picture.

Am happy the people who opened the thread and commented first are the SS people, so whoever talks trash is on his/her own.. grin
Very nice observation. A whole lot of impersonation these days.

4 Likes

Re: South South And The Depressing Myopia Of Their Oil! by gbenson(m): 10:28am On Aug 19, 2015
Most landlords are wary to let out their houses to Igbos because in a short time they will claim it.

See them claiming Rivers and Delta.

2 Likes

Re: South South And The Depressing Myopia Of Their Oil! by Nobody: 10:32am On Aug 19, 2015
huangcheng:
I sometimes marvel at the kind of sheepish, ignorant and deluded mind the elders and youths of the ND possess. I don’t want to believe that an ethnic group can be so brainwashed all at the same time and it remained very effective after 50 years.

That oil will be exploited from my land but the refinery will be situated somewhere in Kaduna.
That oil companies will be drilling oil in my backyard but their headquarters will be located in Lagos.
That the proceed from oil in my bedroom will be used to develop Abuja, a slum and wasteland into a world renowned city right under my nose and all I could do is beg for a meager 13%.
That my land will be laid to waste by oil spill and degradation but a Hausa/Yoruba man whose land is arable for farming, will leave his farming business, travel to my land and get employed.
That the oil company lifting oil from my backyard is planning to build a dry dock in Badagry Lagos.
That a plan is currently being hashed for oil from my backyard to be channeled to some Dangote refinery in Ibeju Lekki, Lagos.

Chai!!! It can never happen in Igbo land ma obulu ogu no'o omamba (If na juju it no go work). The more reason why I don’t want these people in Biafraland. We need all the bright people we can get to help develop a sustainable nation not mediocre. How could a people be so nonchalant even in a time of adversary? How could people be so mentally weak? Even their brother Goodluck Jonathan had 5 years to make things right but couldn't because he's mentally weak. I am sorry but that is an undeniable truth.

It will be a disservice to the country of Biafra if people who are incapable of complex reasoning are homogenized into our society. We don’t want people like that in Biafraland, Biafra will be an intellectual power house where people capable of critical thinking will be given a chance to develop and create ideas in science and technology for the betterment of the nation. A country where the sustenance of its economy will be based on research and human capital development, not oil.

Like BuddahMonk said, I’m all for an Igbo only country, we won't mind supporting the ND in their pursuit of an independent Ijaw nation or ND republic or whatever they feel like calling it, definitely not Biafra.
Closely watching this new pattern of trying to cause disaffection between the people of the eastern region. The old pattern of trying to decieve or incite other enthnic groups within the eastern region against the Igbos I think has failed. The new pattern is the most laughable: trying to convince the Igbo's to hate their own brothers.

5 Likes

Re: South South And The Depressing Myopia Of Their Oil! by SonOfEl(m): 10:32am On Aug 19, 2015
gbenson:
Most landlords are wary to let out their houses to Igbos because in a short time they will claim it.

See them claiming Rivers and Delta.

we are not cowards like you who ceded kwara to your masters. every Igbo territory will never be sold out. IGBOS in SE/SS will fight it with all we've got.

3 Likes

Re: South South And The Depressing Myopia Of Their Oil! by francizy(m): 10:34am On Aug 19, 2015
gbenson:

Mukwekwekwekwekwe!!!

The reason why I love the Igbo man so much is that when one extends hand for the igbo man to shake, the Igbo man rather than shake the hand, will give the person a hug and a peck. cheesy

Unlike some people that you extend a hand for them to shake and they bring out knife and cut off your hand if you're lucky. But if you're not lucky, your head goes with the hand. undecided

Goan and ask Plateau, Kaduna Christians, etc. and other states like Benue, Kwara what happened and is still happening to them... angry

1 Like

Re: South South And The Depressing Myopia Of Their Oil! by Candyrain(m): 10:41am On Aug 19, 2015
gbenson:

SW Igbo?? Pls educate me I'm hearing this for the first time, where in SW are they? Or are you saying this just for the sake of dropping a comment?
Re: South South And The Depressing Myopia Of Their Oil! by francizy(m): 10:52am On Aug 19, 2015
AdamsBashforth:

Very nice observation. A whole lot of impersonation these days.

And I ask, to what means??

Why go to the extent of using another's origin or tribe to cause disaffection??

If they aren't so worried about the actualization of Biafra and Niger Delta Republic then why go to such extent/length??

I've always wished for a better Nigeria or new countries allowed to spring up. I've always wished for peace but the more people keep playing all this dumb tricks to divide the already one people, the more my mind gets taken to the extreme of "let it be achieved whichever way possible".

The people trying to sow more seeds of discomfort doesn't even have the slightest feeling that they are pouring palm oil in a an empty pot placed over a burning stove.

They should develop sense right now and stop all this nonsense or at the end, what they have been trying covertly to prevent will be actualized by their own hands.
Re: South South And The Depressing Myopia Of Their Oil! by Nobody: 10:52am On Aug 19, 2015
dearpreye:
Whoever says slavery has been abolished should have a rethink. Slavery is still real, alive and kicking. As energy cannot be destroyed but can be transformed from one form to the other, so is slavery. It the past it used to be in the form of transatlantic slavery trade, later it transformed into colonialism, later to neo-colonialism, and then to internal colonialism. Of all these forms, the last form seems the worst to me. In the internal, you're hardly aware of it because of its subtlety and legalism.

God knows I don't have the mentality of the average South South person. I'm yet to see a people so engrossed in today's crumbs that they become totally dumb and numb to the challenges and joys of tomorrow. I'm yet to see a people so happy in backwardness and poverty. They will never read history. Even when they do, its just to fulfill some academic purpose. They will never learn. They will never see the bigger picture. They are almost always at the mercies of their parasites. SMH! Mental slavery is terrible. Any man who lives without tomorrow in mind is dead, buried and sealed , while yet he lives.

[b]Nonso Okey Okpala

OP read this from Ijaw man:

http://unitedijaw.com/analysis.htm

For those vomiting thrash, Slavery of the mind is very bad. In 1967 the Hausa Fulanis told some disgrutled Ikwerres, Kalabaris, Efiks, Anangs, Ibibios, izon, and Okirikans that the Igbos were interested in their oil. They foolishly accepted and joined the enemy in bed. After the war the truth of those really interested in oil emerged.
The Hausa Fulanis and Yorubas killed Adaka Bolo before he could demand for his region.
They quickly shared the oil well and destroyed the land. Unfortunately the indigenes were helpless because they fought against their brothers.
The Ogonis were raped by Col. Oguntimo led forces. Saro Wiwa was killed by the Hausas. Yet the young men remained ignorant and hopless. How many of those people were killed by Igbos.

The SS are the most hopless set of people in the whole world. An adage says that when people unirate together it will foam.
It is also good to chase away the fox and then ask the mother hen what she was looking for in the bush. Anytime the SE and SS attempt to come together, the fifth columnist will appear.

Is there any where indigenously called the NIGER DELTA? What is the name of the people living in the area called Niger delta? Niger delta is an area not a people. You are either Ijaw, Igbo, Urohbo, Okirika, Kalabari, Itshekiri, Anioma, Ikwerre, Etche etc. All these area were originally called BIAFRA and this is contained in the document singned by the British during trade before colonialism.

We are very unwise. Anambra state pays more wages to civil servants than Delta State, Rivers State, Bayelsa State, Akwa ibom state. And you are talking of oil. Which oil? Rubbish. People are building cars, manufacturing and making billion. See you see America, see France, see Britain.

Your land is laid waste and you are talking our oil. Wake up.
[/b]
Re: South South And The Depressing Myopia Of Their Oil! by Nobody: 10:55am On Aug 19, 2015
omoelesa:
This is the reason why I see you people as Satanists. what are you doing here?
kwara state is under your Hausa/Fulani masters, why are you people not doing anything about that? you people only show your miserable faces on anything that has to do with the peace and harmony of SE and SS.

6 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Why Nigerians Are Being Killed In South Africa – Foreign Ministry / Minimum Wage: How Ghost Workers, Pension Mafias Compound States’ Nightmares / Senate To Probe Money Spent On Refineries’ Maintenance Since 2010

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.