Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,352 members, 7,829,884 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:11 PM

South South And The Depressing Myopia Of Their Oil! - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / South South And The Depressing Myopia Of Their Oil! (7548 Views)

Before You Say Igbo Need S/S People In Biafra Because Of Their Oil Pls Read This / 7 Nigerians Who Can Upturn IMF's Depressing GDP Forecast / Buhari's Deafening Silence On The Depressing Scarcity Of Fuel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: South South And The Depressing Myopia Of Their Oil! by saintgp(m): 8:25am On Aug 19, 2015
ur writeup sound tribalistic in nature nd dat obviously indict u as one who could b said to b suffering from d "mental slavery"u talked abt....

Bt if i were to reason along wit u,i would want to ask:r u sure dis people have nt learnt from dis mistake,atsuch necessitating dia refusal to partner with d SE to avert being betrayed just lik d yorubas nd hausas u mentioned did?
Do u really knw d states dat make up d word"niger-delta"?if u do,abia nd imo wich r ibo state r part of it,so i wanna ask does dat nt once more prove dat ur own people including u r equally suffering from "mental slavery"?

Pls try to b pragmatic wen posting,get ur facts,nt just abt reading history books bt reading d right/concrete once.

Stop being judgmental

2 Likes

Re: South South And The Depressing Myopia Of Their Oil! by Nobody: 8:26am On Aug 19, 2015
UncleJudax:

Igbos are not attaching to anybody...but no matter how dumb and hackneyed that your propaganda becomes, you just cant let go.

Have you not seen Igbos advocating for Ijaw nation, and for other smaller tribes in the SS to merge according to their interests?

With or without Biafra, there are Igbos in SS, more so, SS will always be our neighbours.

Get it? undecided

Biafra Occupation of Midwest
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Midwest_Invasion_of_1967

On August 17 Governor Okonkwo installed a dusk to dawn curfew in which only citizens with passes would be allowed to move freely at night. Non-Igbo citizens, especially the Hausa community, were subject to harassment from Biafran soldiers while women were often molested and sometimes raped, this in retaliation for the 1966 anti-Igbo pogrom. Resistance groups began springing up constantly consisting of mainly ethnic Urhobos and Ijaws. Because of a series of uprisings against the occupying Biafrans in Benin City, General Okonkwo began raising a force of loyal native inhabitants to combat the rebels. By August 18 Okonkwo had assembled a force of 780 reliable volunteers to keep natives from attacking or killing Biafran soldiers. Loyal inhabitants donated whatever weaponry they has to the Biafrans, which consisted mainly of single-shot rifles and double-barreled shotguns. Cooks began poisoning Biafran soldiers whenever they had the chance to and it was because of this that Biafran soldiers began only eating food that was cooked by ethnic Igbos or self-cooked. Rebellious natives who did not wish to fight would often seduce Biafran soldiers to get information out of them and tell Nigerian authorities. On August 20 a group of Urhobo/Ijaw rebels raided a Biafran camp and were successful in killing 50 soldiers while 16 rebels were killed in the skirmish. Due to these rebellions Biafran soldiers began raiding and pillaging villages throughout both the Mid-Western Region and Niger Delta inhabited by anyone other than Igbo civilians. The Biafran government began broadcasting Biafran propaganda in the region while the Nigerian government broadcast anti-Biafran propaganda as well. On September 19 President Ojukwu declared Governor Okonkwo President of the Biafran puppet-state, the Republic of Benin, in an attempt to make citizens of the Mid-Western Region loyal to a government other than Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: South South And The Depressing Myopia Of Their Oil! by Nobody: 8:28am On Aug 19, 2015
Rose2014:

No offense but this argument is so weak n lacks substance

I came with expectation that you'd counter him with facts but this? ? Smh

Biafra Occupation of Midwest
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Midwest_Invasion_of_1967

On August 17 Governor Okonkwo installed a dusk to dawn curfew in which only citizens with passes would be allowed to move freely at night. Non-Igbo citizens, especially the Hausa community, were subject to harassment from Biafran soldiers while women were often molested and sometimes raped, this in retaliation for the 1966 anti-Igbo pogrom. Resistance groups began springing up constantly consisting of mainly ethnic Urhobos and Ijaws. Because of a series of uprisings against the occupying Biafrans in Benin City, General Okonkwo began raising a force of loyal native inhabitants to combat the rebels. By August 18 Okonkwo had assembled a force of 780 reliable volunteers to keep natives from attacking or killing Biafran soldiers. Loyal inhabitants donated whatever weaponry they has to the Biafrans, which consisted mainly of single-shot rifles and double-barreled shotguns. Cooks began poisoning Biafran soldiers whenever they had the chance to and it was because of this that Biafran soldiers began only eating food that was cooked by ethnic Igbos or self-cooked. Rebellious natives who did not wish to fight would often seduce Biafran soldiers to get information out of them and tell Nigerian authorities. On August 20 a group of Urhobo/Ijaw rebels raided a Biafran camp and were successful in killing 50 soldiers while 16 rebels were killed in the skirmish. Due to these rebellions Biafran soldiers began raiding and pillaging villages throughout both the Mid-Western Region and Niger Delta inhabited by anyone other than Igbo civilians. The Biafran government began broadcasting Biafran propaganda in the region while the Nigerian government broadcast anti-Biafran propaganda as well. On September 19 President Ojukwu declared Governor Okonkwo President of the Biafran puppet-state, the Republic of Benin, in an attempt to make citizens of the Mid-Western Region loyal to a government other than Nigeria.
Re: South South And The Depressing Myopia Of Their Oil! by melzabull(f): 8:28am On Aug 19, 2015
comment later
Re: South South And The Depressing Myopia Of Their Oil! by Nobody: 8:31am On Aug 19, 2015
We need to set the record straight b4 south south nations make a mistake of south Sudan. It is more than Four years south sudan left
sudan to form thier country. Since that time south sudan has been in War while North Sudan enjoy peace. Their case is like Nigeria case, south sudan owm most of the Oil and are mostly christians, while North Sudan mostly muslim and little oil.

This was because nations in south sudan came together to form a single country without ensuring that thier difference in ethnicity was fully discuss. Some part of south sudan are now feeling marginalized. That is exactly what will happen if Igbo succeed in forcing south south nations into Biafra. That so called Biafra wont have peace.

For peace to rain let Igbo form Biafra from the Five south east state and let the the six states in south south form a confederation.
Anything outside this will never work.

4 Likes

Re: South South And The Depressing Myopia Of Their Oil! by Nobody: 8:32am On Aug 19, 2015
babyfaceafrica:
just be careful with this your neighbours..they are not going to just leave u like that,they will claim the claimabbles,like saying delta igbos are igbos...
And later God shared sense but you were nowhere to be found.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: South South And The Depressing Myopia Of Their Oil! by Nobody: 8:36am On Aug 19, 2015
babyfaceafrica:
just be careful with this your neighbours..they are not going to just leave u like that,they will claim the claimabbles,like saying DELTA IGBOS are IGBOS...
@ bolded Is this how dumb the commentators on ethnic thread are? I'm outta here with the kind of illiteracy and Ignorance sipping through your soul

1 Like

Re: South South And The Depressing Myopia Of Their Oil! by zendy: 8:36am On Aug 19, 2015
[b] We Igbos are past resource control. We want our own country. As an Igbo man, I can speak for my tribe, I'm not about authoritatively speak for anyone else. It is difficult to gauge what the non-Igbo part of the SS want because there are over 30 tribes in the area and they do not speak with one voice except for Oil matters. Some people say they want Biafra, some say they want Niger-Delta Republic, while others like some Ijaws say they want the sovereign state of Ijawland. In the mist of this rambling and wrangling , everyday, the wealth of the SS people is being carted away in broad daylight. The only good thing about the whole situation is that it is very rare to see anyone from the SS saying the support "One Nigeria" which means that they are not happy with the status quo. So what is the way foward? Can the over 30 tribes that inhabit the SS come together to fight for Niger-Delta Republic? Can Ijaws take on the might of Nigeria to create 'Ijaw Republic' when even we Igbos are finding it tough to get Biafra? Again, these questions for the SS Man. I have often said it here that the quickest way for the Igbos and the SS to be emancipated is to team up and take on Nigeria. After we get our freedom, we can hold another referendum or a sovereign conference where every group can vote or decide if the want to stay with Igbos or go their separate ways.

I also want to sound a note of warning to the so called SS people. If there is a referendum to decide if Nigeria splits up, You can be sure we Igbos are going. Those of you who choose to remain in Nigeria because of the "Igbos want our oil" sentiment will never be able to leave Nigeria ever again. So hope you guys already have a cordial relationship with Yorubas and their Hausa compatriots because you're definitely going to need it
[/b]

16 Likes

Re: South South And The Depressing Myopia Of Their Oil! by Nobody: 8:37am On Aug 19, 2015
gbenson:

ASK THE IGBO MAN OPENED THIS TOPIC WHY HE IS SO INTERESTED IN OUR OIL.

WHY ARE YOU WAILING MORE THAN THE BEREAVED?

We can never join our Desperate and Avaricious neighbors in their quest for self actualization. That is their dream which they are entitled to.
We have our own aspirations which we will actualize in due time.

dearpreye is an exceptional Ijaw man capable of critical thinking, he's not Igbo but reasons like one. You're a dumb Yoruba MIGRANT living off the hospitality of the indigenous people of Lagos. When will you return to the evil forest of Oshogbo where you ply your illicit human ritual trade?

20 Likes

Re: South South And The Depressing Myopia Of Their Oil! by Nobody: 8:38am On Aug 19, 2015
babyfaceafrica:
is the op a delta/igbo or a real ijaw man..they ae different you know?
The Op is a real Ijaw man that stays in Ijaw land

11 Likes

Re: South South And The Depressing Myopia Of Their Oil! by babyfaceafrica: 8:42am On Aug 19, 2015
ECOTERRORS:
And later God shared sense but you were nowhere to be found.
what's your ish with my post?
Re: South South And The Depressing Myopia Of Their Oil! by Nobody: 8:43am On Aug 19, 2015
zendy:
[b] We Igbos are past resource control. We want our own country. As an Igbo man, I can speak for my tribe, I'm not about authoritatively speak for anyone else. It is difficult to gauge what the non-Igbo part of the SS want because there are over 30 tribes in the area and they do not speak with one voice except for Oil matters. Some people say they want Biafra, some say they want Niger-Delta Republic, while others like some Ijaws say they want the sovereign state of Ijawland. In the mist of this rambling and wrangling , everyday, the wealth of the SS people is being carted away in broad daylight. The only good thing about the whole situation is that it is very rare to see anyone from the SS saying the support "One Nigeria" which means that they are not happy with the status quo. So what is the way foward? Can the over 30 tribes that inhabit the SS come together to fight for Niger-Delta Republic? Can Ijaws take on the might of Nigeria to create 'Ijaw Republic' when even we Igbos are finding it tough to get Biafra? Again, these questions for the SS Man. I have often said it here that the quickest way for the Igbos and the SS to be emancipated is to team up and take on Nigeria. After we get our freedom, we can hold another referendum or a sovereign conference where every group can vote or decide if the want to stay with Igbos or go their separate ways.

I also want to sound a note of warning to the so called SS people. If there is a referendum to decide if Nigeria splits up, You can be sure we Igbos are going. Those of you who choose to remain in Nigeria because of the "Igbos want our oil" sentiment will never be able to leave Nigeria ever again. So hope you guys already have a cordial relationship with Yorubas and their Hausa compatriots because you're definitely going to need it
[/b]

That is where you Igbo are getting it wrong. Nigeria cannot split into two. Nigeria can only split into minimum of five countries. Your five south east state will form Biafra. The six south south states will form a confederation or atleast three single countries.

The question in the referedum will not be will you join Biafra or Nigeria. That wont be the question.
The question will be do you want independence or Not with Nigeria grouped into minimum of five nations.

2 Likes

Re: South South And The Depressing Myopia Of Their Oil! by gbenson(m): 8:43am On Aug 19, 2015
francizy:

dearPREYE who opened this thread is an Ijaw blood so shut da hell up!!!

SonOfEl:

keep fooling yourself.

I am too busy to bandy words with uncouth ethnic bigots. tongue
Re: South South And The Depressing Myopia Of Their Oil! by SonOfEl(m): 8:46am On Aug 19, 2015
gbenson:

I am too busy to bandy words with uncouth ethnic bigots. tongue
you'd better be busy, because we are ready to contain your madness.

6 Likes

Re: South South And The Depressing Myopia Of Their Oil! by gbenson(m): 8:48am On Aug 19, 2015
huangcheng:

dearpreye is an exceptional Ijaw man capable of critical thinking, he's not Igbo but reasons like one. You're a dumb Yoruba MIGRANT living off the hospitality of the indigenous people of Lagos. When will you return to the evil forest of Oshogbo where you ply your illicit trade?

SO I am now a Youruba man looool...... grin grin grin grin
Re: South South And The Depressing Myopia Of Their Oil! by gbenson(m): 8:48am On Aug 19, 2015
SonOfEl:

you'd better be busy, because we are ready to contain your madness.

tongue tongue tongue
Re: South South And The Depressing Myopia Of Their Oil! by SonOfEl(m): 8:50am On Aug 19, 2015
atbu1983:

That is where you Igbo are getting it wrong. Nigeria cannot split into two. Nigeria can only split into minimum of five countries. Your five south east state will form Biafra. The six south south states will form a confederation or atleast three single countries.

The question in the referedum will not be will you join Biafra or Nigeria. That wont be the question.
The question will be do you want independent or Not with Nigeria grouped into minimum of five nations.

your biase is obvious. Igbo land is beyond the five GEO POLITICAL zones. I want all IGBOS in southeast and south south to form Biafra, then south south minorities can decide if they want their own nation.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: South South And The Depressing Myopia Of Their Oil! by Nobody: 8:54am On Aug 19, 2015
SonOfEl:

your biase is obvious. Igbo land is beyond the five GEO POLITICAL zones. I want all IGBOS in southeast and south south to form Biafra, then south south minorities can decide if they want their own nation.

They are part of the south south. They will go with south south
There are many yoruba in benin republic and togo. they are not in Nigeria.
There are many hausa in Niger, chad etc. They are not in Nigeria.
The state of Texas in the US are latino from mexico. That does not make mexicans Americans.
Boundary region of two countries always have people of similar culture.

God has already solved the problem with River Niger. that is a natural demarcation and border. You have to accept that.

1 Like

Re: South South And The Depressing Myopia Of Their Oil! by Candyrain(m): 8:56am On Aug 19, 2015
ECOTERRORS:
The Op is a real Ijaw man that stays in Ijaw land

I really marvel at some deluded people who thinks Dearpreye is Igbo. If they got that thing upstairs called brain and it's functioning properly, the name Preye should have made them know he's Ijaw and not Igbo.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: South South And The Depressing Myopia Of Their Oil! by Nobody: 8:58am On Aug 19, 2015
Candyrain:

I really marvel at some deluded people who thinks Dearpreye is Igbo. If they got that thing upstairs called brain and it's functioning properly, the name Preye should have made them know he's Ijaw and not Igbo.

Actually we don't see with our eyes, but with our MIND. LOL! When the mind is clogged up, the eyes become darkened!

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: South South And The Depressing Myopia Of Their Oil! by gbenson(m): 8:59am On Aug 19, 2015
SonOfEl:

Thank you Mr Colonial Master we are not INTERESTED.
All Igbos in the South East and those who Settled in the South South can return back to the South East.

Last time I checked COVETOUSNESS is a sin.
Re: South South And The Depressing Myopia Of Their Oil! by glassjar1: 8:59am On Aug 19, 2015
atbu1983:

The state of Texas in the US are latino from mexico. That does not make mexicans Americans.

you will obviously hang your useless self at last mark my word . you need a doctor shachris grin

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: South South And The Depressing Myopia Of Their Oil! by Nobody: 9:01am On Aug 19, 2015
atbu1983:

Come oh, are you mad or something?
Getaway from here, you reason like one who lacks simple basic intellect.

See reasoning, face front abeg.

12 Likes

Re: South South And The Depressing Myopia Of Their Oil! by Nobody: 9:02am On Aug 19, 2015
glassjar1:

you will obviously hang your useless self at last mark my word . you need a doctor shachris grin

You are d one who is trying to steal people that are not yours by distorting history and common sense.
Re: South South And The Depressing Myopia Of Their Oil! by Nobody: 9:03am On Aug 19, 2015
Normality:

Come oh, are you mad or something?
Getaway from here, you reason like one who lacks simple basic intellect.

See reasoning, face front abeg.

You hate the truth. No matter how bitter you are, truth is truth. You cant steal people because of cultural interactions.

1 Like

Re: South South And The Depressing Myopia Of Their Oil! by SonOfEl(m): 9:05am On Aug 19, 2015
atbu1983:

sorry, WE ARE STILL WITHIN NIGERIA OKAY? Jews, and Germans don't think like that even. when did you become the spokesperson for IGBOS in southsouth? LEAVE IGBOS ALONE!

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: South South And The Depressing Myopia Of Their Oil! by Nobody: 9:05am On Aug 19, 2015
SonOfEl:

God has already solved the problem with River Niger. that is a natural demarcation and border. You have to accept that.
Re: South South And The Depressing Myopia Of Their Oil! by Greatfuture: 9:07am On Aug 19, 2015
Isaac Jasper Boro was born to a Kaiama family in present day Bayelsa State of Nigeria, in 1938 and died in mysterious circumstances on May 16, 1968 while fighting to unite Nigeria. [1,2]

Boro was he who shortly after the Jan. 1966 coup declared the first Republic within Nigeria called the Niger Delta Republic that lasted for 12 days. It was an attempt to liberate the Niger Delta people from the socio-economic oppression by the then eastern regional government. He was a chemistry undergraduate and the president of the students' union of the University of Nigeria, Nsukka, a police officer and at his death, a commissioned officer of the Nigerian Army. see [4 for more details about this aspect of his life as I concentrate on the subject matter of this piece).

It is no use to repeat that [b]Isaac Boro who was jailed by the Maj. Gen. Aguiyi-Ironsi [/b]government on recommendation by the supreme court of Nigeria was pardoned by Lt. Col Yakubu Gowon's [b][/b]government and [b]later commissioned by the Nigerian Army as an officer [/b]to help liberate southern territories under Biafran control. He recruited Rivers men who volunteered to serve under him and gave them brief training at Escravos. According to Obasanjo on page 47 of [1], Boro's one-thousand Rivers men were "hurriedly and poorly trained with little or nothing in the way of training facilities and resources". His group was then attached to the 3 Marine Commando Division (then 3 Marine) under the command of Col. Benjamin Adekunle
Re: South South And The Depressing Myopia Of Their Oil! by glassjar1: 9:09am On Aug 19, 2015
atbu1983:

You are d one who is trying to steal people that are not yours by distorting history and common sense.

ok you are the who is going to keep it safe for them . I spit on your ape looking face you bull from is ranting vain at nature .

you ...slamic fanatics belly are filled with gall bladder . your grave is waiting for you . you are writing in vain . bull frog face paranoid . cheesy

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: South South And The Depressing Myopia Of Their Oil! by glassjar1: 9:10am On Aug 19, 2015
atbu1983:

ok you are the one who is going to keep it safe for them? . I spit on you ape looking face you bull frog face is ranting vain at nature .

you ...slamic fanatics belly are filled with gall bladder . your grave is waiting for you . you are writing in vain . bull frog face paranoid . cheesy

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: South South And The Depressing Myopia Of Their Oil! by SonOfEl(m): 9:12am On Aug 19, 2015
gbenson:

Thank you Mr Colonial Master we are not INTERESTED.
All Igbos in the South East and those who Settled in the South South can return back to the South East.

Last time I checked COVETOUSNESS is a sin.

who be this? you must be high on Ebola!

so this was your agenda all along, to divide us from our brothers in the SS, and then pounce on them as 'visitors'!

you are pathetic.

9 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Pro-biafran Agitators Are Miscreants - Obasanjo / Breaking News: Buhari Sacks More Than 200 Eastern Army loyal To Jonathan / Two Muslims Cannot Head The National Assembly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.