Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,704 members, 7,816,886 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:26 PM

My Husband Slapped Me Twice And Now He's Not Talking To Me - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Husband Slapped Me Twice And Now He's Not Talking To Me (40304 Views)

My Brother In Law Slapped Me Twice And Beat Me Up!! / My Sister In Law Slapped Me / My Husband And I Are Not Talking - And I Don't Know What To Do (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (26) (Go Down)

Re: My Husband Slapped Me Twice And Now He's Not Talking To Me by Badriyyah(f): 6:24pm On Mar 27, 2009
~Sauron~:

Just like i said. . . . .TIA(This is Africa). . . . .

Nigerian women are raised to lay their lives to save the marriage institution.
Single mothers are not socially acceptable. . . . . .A 3rd wife in a Polygamous setting has more dignity and honour than a single unmarried woman.
A single mother in USA/UK and most of the developed nations is a heroine. . . . .A single mother in Nigeria is an arrogant, pest-natured, misguided slut.

This is Africa indeed, no wonder it's where it is right now. Because women are still treated like objects. Weird, you guys always seem to have that same excuse "This is Africa" we are different. SMH.
Re: My Husband Slapped Me Twice And Now He's Not Talking To Me by Sauron1: 6:25pm On Mar 27, 2009
Badriyyah:

This is Africa indeed, no wonder it's where it is right now. Because women are still treated like objects. Weird, you guys always seem to have that same excuse "This is Africa" we are different. SMH.

I am not happy with the situation out there. . . . .What can one do??
When rape is inevitable. . . . .relax and enjoy it!!! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: My Husband Slapped Me Twice And Now He's Not Talking To Me by bluespice(f): 6:27pm On Mar 27, 2009
poster the only time u will be wrong was if u told ur husband he stank in a condescending way
as its been posted, ther are other ways
as to what it was u said to him, ulld have to tell
followed  by his word-for-word responses

he has no right however to hit u
ive seen women openly provoke  men and they simply walked away
its not that hard to do really

that said u said he's denying u food money hasnt it been only three days?
how empty is the house that u have to buy food everyday?

his giving u the silent treatment is only proof that he's still mad at u
u should get him to talk, a marriage afterall is based on communication
ur the wife, make an effort, its a known fact men are over-grown babies
in ur getting him to talk mode do not apologise for his hitting u
its not ur fault he cant control his anger

remember tho that a man that hit a woman once will most definitely repeat it

u can on the other hand apologise for the spiteful things u said,
all these things have a mode,
u can talk to him in a way to make him apologise without coming off as weak and still be loving and respectful

finally u both need counselling, go see a counsellor before u start booking dates in court for divorce/seperation proceedings

sauron im appalled by ur last statement; to think u assume its posible to enjoy a raping session?
why dont u volunteer to be raped
oh wait i forgot, ur a man u couldnt possibly know how it feels as a woman to be raped
Re: My Husband Slapped Me Twice And Now He's Not Talking To Me by Sauron1: 6:35pm On Mar 27, 2009
bluespice:

sauron im appalled by ur last statement; to think u assume its posible to enjoy a raping session?
why dont u volunteer to be raped
oh wait i forgot, ur a man u couldnt possibly know how it feels as a woman to be raped

Hello. . . . . .'inevitable' is the operative word.
When there's nothing a woman can do to salvage herself, for example(at gunpoint). . . .what can she do??
Don't misunderstand me. . . . .The saying does not glorify rape. . . . .
Re: My Husband Slapped Me Twice And Now He's Not Talking To Me by invisible2(m): 6:39pm On Mar 27, 2009
I think the woman should apologize to the husband, this is to keep peace in the household. What the man did was wrong, and since they have not been talking to each other for three days the woman still doesnt know what made the man hit her that night, since she said in the second post that the man was gentle before.

The woman should apologize, period.
Re: My Husband Slapped Me Twice And Now He's Not Talking To Me by bluespice(f): 6:41pm On Mar 27, 2009
u obviously have not the least idea of what sort of animals rapists are
inevitable or not, the moment she 'begins to enjoy it' it ceases to be rape but consentual sex
Re: My Husband Slapped Me Twice And Now He's Not Talking To Me by DeReloaded: 6:41pm On Mar 27, 2009
invisible!:

I think the woman should apologize to the husband, this is to keep peace in the household. What the man did was wrong, and since they have not been talking to each other for three days the woman still doesnt know what made the man hit her that night, since she said in the second post that the man was gentle before.

a boy.
Re: My Husband Slapped Me Twice And Now He's Not Talking To Me by invisible2(m): 6:45pm On Mar 27, 2009
Badriyyah:

Of course this is Africa and it will be foolish to behave like a white man while you are here, different strokes,
Re: My Husband Slapped Me Twice And Now He's Not Talking To Me by SweetT1: 6:45pm On Mar 27, 2009
@Poster

Is your Husband from the SLAPAHOE Tribe
Re: My Husband Slapped Me Twice And Now He's Not Talking To Me by Nobody: 6:46pm On Mar 27, 2009
invisible!:

Are you drunk or just outta your mind.
What peace will reign in a home where a man finds it hard to take a shower, and when "asked" to, he slaps his pregnant wife. Not once, but twice.
What happens next when it becomes hard for her to move around the house and cook for him? Is he going to get more brutal?

What exactly did she do wrong?
The fact that he didn't even apologize to her and continued with his propaganda for three days makes me suspect things.

The rate of shitty men nowadays is just appalling. It's scary.
Re: My Husband Slapped Me Twice And Now He's Not Talking To Me by DeReloaded: 6:47pm On Mar 27, 2009
invisible!:

Of course this is Africa and it will be foolish to behave like a white man while you are here, different strokes,

so you're saying white men behave better than africans?
Re: My Husband Slapped Me Twice And Now He's Not Talking To Me by Sauron1: 6:48pm On Mar 27, 2009
bluespice:

u obviously have not the least idea of what sort of animals rapists are
inevitable or not, the moment she 'begins to enjoy it' it ceases to be rape but consentual sex

The moment she 'begins to enjoy it' does not make it consensual sex.
A single 'NO' said in a whisper nullifies consensual sex. . . . .
Re: My Husband Slapped Me Twice And Now He's Not Talking To Me by invisible2(m): 6:50pm On Mar 27, 2009
DeReloaded:

so you're saying white men behave better than africans?

No am saying that African women are more respectful.
Re: My Husband Slapped Me Twice And Now He's Not Talking To Me by gentlegg(m): 6:51pm On Mar 27, 2009
DeReloaded:

a boy.

LOL Nooooo a guy
Re: My Husband Slapped Me Twice And Now He's Not Talking To Me by osisi2(f): 6:54pm On Mar 27, 2009
Osisi! I am not sure you are married, and if you are, am very sure you would probably have been battered severally by your husband and perhaps sent parking. This may be the reason why you want innocent more passengers on your train.

I would advice the Poster not to get confused. Just do the right thing. You know it.

You are wrong in all counts.
I am very married,happily to a wonderful man that would not lay his hands on me.
He loves me too much to do that.
I make good living.
The home we live in belongs to us so he ain't sending me packing to anywhere in case anything happened.
In the event of divorce (God forbid) the house would be sold ,the procees shared and we go our seperate ways (God forbid )
I believe in submission,love,peace and harmony in the home but whenever a woman's life is in danger,she should not tolerate that nonsense
Re: My Husband Slapped Me Twice And Now He's Not Talking To Me by Badriyyah(f): 6:55pm On Mar 27, 2009
invisible!:

Lmao, More respectful because they are mad to shut up? Sorry silence doesn't mean respect, you meant to say they are more afraid. grin
Re: My Husband Slapped Me Twice And Now He's Not Talking To Me by Badriyyah(f): 6:57pm On Mar 27, 2009
~Sauron~:

I am not happy with the situation out there. . . . .What can one do??
When rape is inevitable. . . . .relax and enjoy it!!! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Maybe in your case that will happen. grin
Re: My Husband Slapped Me Twice And Now He's Not Talking To Me by DeReloaded: 6:57pm On Mar 27, 2009
invisible!:

You arent making any sense. What does that have to do with domestic abuse?
Re: My Husband Slapped Me Twice And Now He's Not Talking To Me by Badriyyah(f): 6:58pm On Mar 27, 2009
DeReloaded:

You arent making any sense. What does that have to do with domestic abuse?

Domestice abuse = respectful women.
Re: My Husband Slapped Me Twice And Now He's Not Talking To Me by Sauron1: 6:59pm On Mar 27, 2009
invisible!:

Of course, African women are more well-bred. . . . . .
The married women don't wear leather miniskirts to clubs on friday nights.
African women >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Western women.
Re: My Husband Slapped Me Twice And Now He's Not Talking To Me by osisi2(f): 6:59pm On Mar 27, 2009
@ osisi

I am not just married, but happily married. I have one of the sweetest men anyone cld get as a husband.  

@ otukpo,you may be married but you have absolutely no concept of what happiness is.
How could you use the same mouth you use to eat yams and cocoyams and tell your fellow woman to go and apologise to her husband and stop running her mouth in this circumstance.
Is that how "happy" marriage has made you ?
Is that what you do when Chima kicks you in the buttocks for not serving his Oha soup and ponded yam on time?
You need help
Re: My Husband Slapped Me Twice And Now He's Not Talking To Me by luvinhubby(m): 7:00pm On Mar 27, 2009
People people, pleaseeeeeeee, what is wrong with one or two slaps, everyone does it. Either to your son or daughter, brother or sister or househelp or cat. Why not your wife? Answer please!! grin grin
Re: My Husband Slapped Me Twice And Now He's Not Talking To Me by Sauron1: 7:01pm On Mar 27, 2009
luvinhubby:

People people, pleaseeeeeeee, what is wrong with one or two slaps, everyone does it. Either to your son or daughter, brother or sister or househelp or cat. Why not your wife? Answer please!! grin grin

Slapping one's wife is morally wrong unless she strikes first.
Re: My Husband Slapped Me Twice And Now He's Not Talking To Me by osisi2(f): 7:02pm On Mar 27, 2009
why did they take off the modify button,my spelling mistakes are shameful embarassed
Re: My Husband Slapped Me Twice And Now He's Not Talking To Me by Nobody: 7:03pm On Mar 27, 2009
invisible!:

Or you mean they are more subservient. Lets face it, we have a culture that has inculcated into most women that their place is behind and not beside their husband, his slave and not his helpmeet, his quiet little mouse and not his brave shoulder to cry on. Even as teens our girlfriends then would scuttle around to make us happy, anytime we sneezed they jumped in fear, our parents raised them to believe that marriage even when u're not happy and your husband treats you like death is to be cherished . . .

lets put ourselves in their shoes for just 2 mins. Can you imagine what its like to be Dellynash right now? Afraid to go home, afraid that she may be slapped any minute for the slightest infraction, afraid to look her husband in the face, increased heart rate anytime she hears him walk in the door . . . sleeping with one eye open just in case he got angry enough to give her a wack across the face.
Our women have been traumatised enough, there is no justification for treating them like slaves. I wish to have daughters when i start a family, i would rather they married Americans than marry men who feel "this is Africa" so they shld get with the program of being second-class citizens in their own home.

A woman's home shld be her refuge, a woman's husband shld be her tower of strength, a woman's husband shld be the one person she feels safest with . . . no matter the provocation.
The bible says that men are to love their wives even as Christ loved the church . . . many christian men have deleted that portion from their bibles and yet quote "wives submit to your husbands" every time she puts too much salt in the rice.

Well how did Christ love His church?
1. He was humble and thought nothing of washing the feet of His disciples.
2. He died so that they could live (no greater sacrifice than this).
3. He was willing to correct them in love and not in anger and fear.

When are we christian men going to start ruling our homes like this? Ah yeah this is Africa . . . i forgot!
Re: My Husband Slapped Me Twice And Now He's Not Talking To Me by osisi2(f): 7:04pm On Mar 27, 2009
Ebony-Silk:

Are you drunk or just outta your mind.
What peace will reign in a home where a man finds it hard to take a shower, and when "asked" to, he slaps his pregnant wife. Not once, but twice.
What happens next when it becomes hard for her to move around the house and cook for him? Is he going to get more brutal?

What exactly did she do wrong?
The fact that he didn't even apologize to her and continued with his propaganda for three days makes me suspect things.

The rate of shitty men nowadays is just appalling. It's scary.

and here I've spent 3 years on nairaland defending Nigerian males and stereotypes
This is a disgrace
I now agree that majority of them are useless from what I've read so far
Re: My Husband Slapped Me Twice And Now He's Not Talking To Me by DeReloaded: 7:05pm On Mar 27, 2009
**osisi:

You are wrong in all counts.
I am very married,happily to a wonderful man that would not lay his hands on me.
He loves me too much to do that.
I make good living.
The home we live in belongs to us so he ain't sending me packing to anywhere in case anything happened.
In the event of divorce (God forbid) the house would be sold ,the procees shared and we go our seperate ways (God forbid )
I believe in submission,love,peace and harmony in the home but whenever a woman's life is in danger,she should not tolerate that nonsense

must you reply these people? If they wanna believe that only an UNMARRIED female would be against a wifebeater, that's their business. Giving all these agberos attention

Most of them were raised with barbaric fathers and weak mothers. Why wont they think its ok? Seriously, they're not worth responding to.
Re: My Husband Slapped Me Twice And Now He's Not Talking To Me by luvinhubby(m): 7:05pm On Mar 27, 2009
sauron, i mean what is wrong in a slap?
Re: My Husband Slapped Me Twice And Now He's Not Talking To Me by Nobody: 7:06pm On Mar 27, 2009
luvinhubby:

You'd stare at you kid in the eye and slap his face?

Anywaz, it's the beginning of (if not) domestic abuse. If not restraint, it can become more dangerous.

Next thing we know, we'd have the oppressor and the oppressed.
Re: My Husband Slapped Me Twice And Now He's Not Talking To Me by osisi2(f): 7:08pm On Mar 27, 2009
DeReloaded:

must you reply these people? If they wanna believe that only an UNMARRIED female would be against a wifebeater, that's their business. Giving all these agberos attention

Most of them were raised with barbaric fathers and weak mothers. Why wont they think its ok? Seriously, they're not worth responding to.

I'm just hoping that perhaps one or two of them may be helped because believe it or not,these are the same men that murder their wives in cold blood from Minneapolis to Dallas because she failed to submit adequately.
These same men will marry some woman someday
And the wife could be my relative or yours.
I am appalled
Re: My Husband Slapped Me Twice And Now He's Not Talking To Me by luvinhubby(m): 7:08pm On Mar 27, 2009
i don`t slap and will NEVER slap my wife as matter of personal principles, but, people get what they deserve, and her threat to terminate the pregnancy shows her mindset. ' Vindictive and Contentious"
Re: My Husband Slapped Me Twice And Now He's Not Talking To Me by invisible2(m): 7:09pm On Mar 27, 2009
What are these gurls thinking, it is wrong to slap your wife but what of the girls that runs their mouths like tap, it is very condemnable also.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (26)

Why Would A Lady Agree To Be A Second Wife? / Since I Married My Wife, I Have Been Having Bad Luck / MARTIAL BED: My Wife Says No Sex Until Her Mother Leaves Our House.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.