Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,694 members, 7,955,628 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 11:17 AM

Ford Cars Quite Explicit - Car Talk (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Ford Cars Quite Explicit (101119 Views)

BMW Is Already Recalling New M760li Over Oil Leak – Quite Fast! / How Reliable And Maintenance Friendly Are Ford Cars? / In Need Of General Enlightenment About Ford Cars (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (31) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ford Cars Quite Explicit by Femtopford(m): 6:16pm On Dec 26, 2020
[quote author=Femtopford post=97449270][center][/center][right][/right][left][/left][url][/url][i][/i][/b][/font][/size][b][font=Lucida Sans Unicode][size=12pt][b][/b][/

SORRY THIS AN ERROR WHILE WORKING ON MY SYSTEM.

APOLOGIES.
Re: Ford Cars Quite Explicit by Femtopford(m): 1:04pm On Dec 27, 2020
rawe45:
09035236600. Kindly add me to the Ford family group. Thanks

You've been added to Ford WhatsApp group
Re: Ford Cars Quite Explicit by johnnyn1(m): 12:02am On Dec 28, 2020
GUys guys

I install car trackers in Vehicles for a living.

For more info pls send a Whatsapp message to no on signature.

#Giditrackerng

Re: Ford Cars Quite Explicit by Letslivesafe: 2:39pm On Jan 17, 2021
My personal experience with Ford edge.
I bought a naija used 07 ford edge in 2019 as my first car. I enjoyed the car at first but at some point couldn't keep up with d defects it was developing. That was because I gave a technician who didn't understand Ford vehicles.
I had the vehicle manual and decided to read it up, that's when I knew most technicians damage any make of vehicle by using the wrong lubricant for different components.
I stumbled on FEMTOPFORD on nairaland and he was dishing me with advises on phone for free, he advised me to always scan my vehicle before heading to the workshop. This prompted me to buy a hand obd scanner.
When my water pump failed and I had to bring down my engine to replace the water pump. After the repair I got fed up and put the car for sale.
I was later directed to a ford technician in Asaba who has expertise in ford over the years, walking into his workshop I was convinced cause I saw majorly ford cars and American cars in his workshop. He was also working on a water pump and he showed me how to loose the water pump without bringing down the engine.
After he drove my car, he advised me not to sell the vehicle or I will regret it. He said this is one of the vehicles that can withstand the bad roads in Asaba.
I decided to give the vehicle more time. I have noticed I have used the car with bad suspensions for a long time and even travelled a long distance with bad suspensions ( though I know it's a bad practice). I have not driven into a workshop other than when last I changed my engine oil.
Conclusion: I have decided to upgrade to a 2011- 2013 ford edge

3 Likes

Re: Ford Cars Quite Explicit by Wfaluse: 10:59pm On Jan 24, 2021
@femtopford, kindly add me to the Ford WhatsApp group. I just switched my allegiance to Ford Edge. My Edge 2012 will come in before end of month. 08082562837
Re: Ford Cars Quite Explicit by tayodeji1987: 10:14pm On Jan 25, 2021
@femtopford PLEASE I NEED HELP WITH A VERY SOUND ENGINEER FOR MY 2013 FORD EDGE HERE IN LAGOS. THANK YOU
Re: Ford Cars Quite Explicit by Femtopford(m): 8:48am On Jan 29, 2021
Wfaluse:
@femtopford, kindly add me to the Ford WhatsApp group. I just switched my allegiance to Ford Edge. My Edge 2012 will come in before end of month. 08082562837

Re: Ford Cars Quite Explicit by Femtopford(m): 8:51am On Jan 29, 2021
tayodeji1987:
@femtopford PLEASE I NEED HELP WITH A VERY SOUND ENGINEER FOR MY 2013 FORD EDGE HERE IN LAGOS. THANK YOU

PLEASE CALL FEMTOPFORD : 07069191035 or 08089670554
Re: Ford Cars Quite Explicit by Anayordike(m): 11:50am On Jan 29, 2021
Good profs in the house.
Please I am considering buying FORD WINDSTAR
2002, MINI VAN(Nigerian used)

What are the advantages and disadvantages please.

This is my first time to use Ford car. My present car I'd Mercedes 124, 1986 model.
Thanks
Re: Ford Cars Quite Explicit by Anayordike(m): 11:55am On Jan 29, 2021
I am interested in the Ford vehicles and would like to know more before I go for one soon.

Please add me to the Whatsapp group. 09091332044. Thanks
Re: Ford Cars Quite Explicit by Femtopford(m): 12:12pm On Jan 30, 2021
Anayordike:
Good profs in the house.
Please I am considering buying FORD WINDSTAR
2002, MINI VAN(Nigerian used)

What are the advantages and disadvantages please.

This is my first time to use Ford car. My present car I'd Mercedes 124, 1986 model.
Thanks

Do you want to hear a candid advice Sir, please don't buy the Nigerian used 2002 Windstar, it's one of the old generation Ford vehicles coupled that it was used in Nigeria, the rate of depreciation of its components spare parts will be extensively high, though it's Ford and Ford is said to be rugged " agreed" but it's still a machine with different combinations of plastics and metals, so it's mandatory that they will depreciate due to long duration of usage and life span.
Re: Ford Cars Quite Explicit by Femtopford(m): 12:15pm On Jan 30, 2021
Anayordike:
I am interested in the Ford vehicles and would like to know more before I go for one soon.

Please add me to the Whatsapp group. 09091332044. Thanks

You've been added to Ford families WhatsApp group
Re: Ford Cars Quite Explicit by Anayordike(m): 1:20pm On Jan 30, 2021
Femtopford:

Thanks for adding me... I am grateful
Re: Ford Cars Quite Explicit by Anayordike(m): 1:26pm On Jan 30, 2021
Femtopford:

Do you want to hear a candid advice Sir, please don't buy the Nigerian used 2002 Windstar, it's one of the old generation Ford vehicles coupled that it was used in Nigeria, the rate of depreciation of its components spare parts will be extensively high, though it's Ford and Ford is said to be rugged " agreed" but it's still a machine with different combinations of plastics and metals, so it's mandatory that they will depreciate due to long duration of usage and life span.

Thanks so much. I really appreciate you sir.
Please can you recommend any Ford in that level. I I mean mini van below "1million Naira budget". Even if it is a Nigerian used one.
Thanks
Re: Ford Cars Quite Explicit by paafin(m): 7:32pm On Jan 31, 2021
Letslivesafe:
My personal experience with Ford edge.
I bought a naija used 07 ford edge in 2019 as my first car. I enjoyed the car at first but at some point couldn't keep up with d defects it was developing. That was because I gave a technician who didn't understand Ford vehicles.
I had the vehicle manual and decided to read it up, that's when I knew most technicians damage any make of vehicle by using the wrong lubricant for different components.
I stumbled on FEMTOPFORD on nairaland and he was dishing me with advises on phone for free, he advised me to always scan my vehicle before heading to the workshop. This prompted me to buy a hand obd scanner.
When my water pump failed and I had to bring down my engine to replace the water pump. After the repair I got fed up and put the car for sale.
I was later directed to a ford technician in Asaba who has expertise in ford over the years, walking into his workshop I was convinced cause I saw majorly ford cars and American cars in his workshop. He was also working on a water pump and he showed me how to loose the water pump without bringing down the engine.
After he drove my car, he advised me not to sell the vehicle or I will regret it. He said this is one of the vehicles that can withstand the bad roads in Asaba.
I decided to give the vehicle more time. I have noticed I have used the car with bad suspensions for a long time and even travelled a long distance with bad suspensions ( though I know it's a bad practice). I have not driven into a workshop other than when last I changed my engine oil.
Conclusion: I have decided to upgrade to a 2011- 2013 ford edge

I'm having serious issues with my Grand Cherokee Laredo.
Is he good with that too?
I'm in Abia state..
Re: Ford Cars Quite Explicit by sultaan(m): 7:54am On Feb 02, 2021
paafin:

I'm having serious issues with my Grand Cherokee Laredo.
Is he good with that too?
I'm in Abia state..

I may be able to help with that.

Start a new thread and list everything your mechanic has done to the car
Re: Ford Cars Quite Explicit by Femtopford(m): 2:16pm On Feb 03, 2021
sultaan:

I may be able to help with that.

Start a new thread and list everything your mechanic has done to the car

sultaan Sir, good afternoon, how's activities going on over there. highly pleased with your contribution of advising him/her to start a new thread, so that we can concentrate on Ford solely on this thread.

My utmost gratitude sir.
Re: Ford Cars Quite Explicit by Femtopford(m): 2:21pm On Feb 03, 2021
SOLELY FORD , LINCOLN, MERCURY AND MAZDA VEHICLES

Re: Ford Cars Quite Explicit by Okayoo: 8:32pm On Feb 05, 2021
Hello Mr femi, i intend to acquire a 2009 ford edge. I made enquires about the car. But the feedback i got was really discouraging. They said the maintenance cost is high, that the parts are very expensive and it does not have a second hand value. Also heard things like * is trouble some car dont buy it, go for Camry product*
However i love the beauty and body of the car. I really need you candid advice before i proceed.
How is the car, is truly expensive to maintain for Average income earner like me. Hows the durablity, fuel economy. Pls was your take on it
Thank you.
Re: Ford Cars Quite Explicit by Okayoo: 8:40pm On Feb 05, 2021
Pls i will be grateful if you add me to the wassap group.. I really love the car...09021825386
Re: Ford Cars Quite Explicit by Tovard(m): 9:07pm On Feb 05, 2021
Please add me to the group too
Re: Ford Cars Quite Explicit by Femtopford(m): 10:25am On Feb 06, 2021
Okayoo:
Hello Mr femi, i intend to acquire a 2009 ford edge. I made enquires about the car. But the feedback i got was really discouraging. They said the maintenance cost is high, that the parts are very expensive and it does not have a second hand value. Also heard things like * is trouble some car dont buy it, go for Camry product*
However i love the beauty and body of the car. I really need you candid advice before i proceed.
How is the car, is truly expensive to maintain for Average income earner like me. Hows the durablity, fuel economy. Pls was your take on it
Thank you.

I truly appreciate your concern. but you know what, I hate those people condemning Ford to my marrow. AM VERY SORRY TO USE THAT WORD " hate", that's the best way I could present it. These same people neither own Ford nor used one yet they spread wrong rumors. Let's talk about your two concerns. EXPENSIVE PARTS and TROUBLE SOME VEHICLE.

EXPENSIVE PARTS:
People say expensive parts right, let me prove them wrong here and now. transmission (gear) and PCM (brain box) are common parts that car owners are always concern about. The current price in market now of 2009 Ford edge transmission complete assembly is 70k while PCM is 35k. Lsdipo market is open to everyone, go there and confirm what I said, then see who's saying the truth about expensive or not expensive parts. Please! can anyone tell me which other Vehicle makes of same 2009 year model like that of edge are their transmission and PCM so cheap like that. Most of the time I get mad at all these their wrong rumors, am getting really tired of it. They continue lying, lying upon lying, I continue correcting, correcting and correcting, it's really frustrating.

TROUBLE SOME VEHICLE:
Generally, how many Ford edge do break down on the roads or being towed along the roads compared to other vehicle makes except if it's accidented ones.
In my workshop Ford edge takes 80% of my customers while other brands of Ford take 20%. My workshop is a small one of approximation 200 Ford edge costumers. Among these 200 Ford edge for the past 10 years, I had only replaced two engines and one transmission and these were new customers that came to our workshop, the permanent costumers that abide by service specifications haven't replaced any of their Engines or transmission. The PCM either consistent or new customers none of their PCM haven't been replaced for the past 10 years. So frequent problems of PCM (brain box or ECU), which other vehicle makes can be compared with the reliability of Ford edge brain box. To hell with this their wrong rumors of trouble some car. Let leave car owners aside, any mechanic or motor vehicle technician that joined in saying that Ford is a trouble some car is definitely a NULL SKULL, I say it boldly, it's better you take your car away from his shop before he input virus into the Vehicle electronic system.

Now, let's assume that we can't use my analysis as criteria because am a Ford ambassador, at least we can here the real truth from the real Ford owners in the group, their experience as they have used forf at first hand rather than the those liers out there.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ford Cars Quite Explicit by Femtopford(m): 10:50am On Feb 06, 2021
Okayoo:
Pls i will be grateful if you add me to the wassap group.. I really love the car...09021825386

Please reconfirm your number, it's not on WhatsApp
Re: Ford Cars Quite Explicit by Femtopford(m): 10:51am On Feb 06, 2021
Tovard:
Please add me to the group too 08149728434

Re: Ford Cars Quite Explicit by Okayoo: 11:03am On Feb 06, 2021
Femtopford:

I truly appreciate your concern. but you know what, I hate those people condemning Ford to my marrow. AM VERY SORRY TO USE THAT WORD " hate", that's the best way I could present it. These same people neither own Ford nor used one yet they spread wrong rumors. Let's talk about your two concerns. EXPENSIVE PARTS and TROUBLE SOME VEHICLE.

EXPENSIVE PARTS:
People say expensive parts right, let me prove them wrong here and now. transmission (gear) and PCM (brain box) are common parts that car owners are always concern about. The current price in market now of 2009 Ford edge transmission complete assembly is 70k while PCM is 35k. Lsdipo market is open to everyone, go there and confirm what I said, then see who's saying the truth about expensive or not expensive parts. Please! can anyone tell me which other Vehicle makes of same 2009 year model like that of edge are their transmission and PCM so cheap like that. Most of the time I get mad at all these their wrong rumors, am getting really tired of it. They continue lying, lying upon lying, I continue correcting, correcting and correcting, it's really frustrating.

TROUBLE SOME VEHICLE:
Generally, how many Ford edge do break down on the roads or being towed along the roads compared to other vehicle makes except if it's accidented ones.
In my workshop Ford edge takes 80% of my customers while other brands of Ford take 20%. My workshop is a small one of approximation 200 Ford edge costumers. Among these 200 Ford edge for the past 10 years, I had only replaced two engines and one transmission and these were new customers that came to our workshop, the permanent costumers that abide by service specifications haven't replaced any of their Engines or transmission. The PCM either consistent or new customers none of their PCM haven't been replaced for the past 10 years. So frequent problems of PCM (brain box or ECU), which other vehicle makes can be compared with the reliability of Ford edge brain box. To hell with this their wrong rumors of trouble some car. Let leave car owners aside, any mechanic or motor vehicle technician that joined in saying that Ford is a trouble some car is definitely a NULL SKULL, I say it boldly, it's better you take your car away from his shop before he input virus into the Vehicle electronic system.

Now, let's assume that we can't use my analysis as criteria because am a Ford ambassador, at least we can here the real truth from the real Ford owners in the group, their experience as they have used forf at first hand rather than the those liers out there.
Thank you so much, Mr Femi. Will go ahead make the payment for my ford edge. Pls dont for get to add me the group as I reside here in ikeja. I will still need your assistance on the dos and donts when the ford edge arrives. Thank you Sir
Re: Ford Cars Quite Explicit by Okayoo: 11:55am On Feb 06, 2021
Femtopford:

Please reconfirm your number, it's not on WhatsApp
oh yess thats true, kindly give me your number i will chat u up immediately to add me.
Re: Ford Cars Quite Explicit by Femtopford(m): 8:20am On Feb 07, 2021
Okayoo:
oh yess thats true, kindly give me your number i will chat u up immediately to add me.

Re: Ford Cars Quite Explicit by nellyball(m): 11:32am On Feb 08, 2021
07032811098...Mr Femi, please add me up to the group sir.. I just acquired a FORD EDGE 2009. Despite the tails and discouraging words from people, I became so confident that ALL WILL BE WELL WITH THE CAR... Please add me up sir.
Re: Ford Cars Quite Explicit by tijanja: 2:02pm On Feb 08, 2021
null
Re: Ford Cars Quite Explicit by Femtopford(m): 3:57pm On Feb 08, 2021
nellyball:
07032811098...Mr Femi, please add me up to the group sir.. I just acquired a FORD EDGE 2009. Despite the tails and discouraging words from people, I became so confident that ALL WILL BE WELL WITH THE CAR... Please add me up sir.

Re: Ford Cars Quite Explicit by Femtopford(m): 3:58pm On Feb 08, 2021
tijanja:
Hello FM,
I'm in the process of getting a ford edge either 2008 or 2009 model. Please add me to the whatsapp group 08033520118.
Thank you.

You've been invited to join Ford families WhatsApp group

1 Like

Re: Ford Cars Quite Explicit by lolaxavier(m): 4:18pm On Feb 17, 2021
Please add me on your Ford group

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (31) (Reply)

Can One Ever Jumpstart An Automatic Car Just Like A Manual Car? / Innoson Vehicles Releases New Models Of Vehicle / A Lady Drove This Killer Machine Today And Got Everyone Talking (Pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.