Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,460 members, 7,812,408 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:55 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (1302) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4376108 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1299) (1300) (1301) (1302) (1303) (1304) (1305) ... (3664) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by m2cad: 4:23am On Jan 22, 2020
SLIGHTLY MISALIGNED columns can be subjectively adjudged.

RC structural members can be optimised to suit desired results as most buildings these days are framed structures

Generic solutions applies as a fit for purpose results
chimexdnice1:

Pls experts in the house, I want to know what's the structural implication(s) of a slightly misaligned column at the ground floor lintel level of a duplex building. Assuming other columns are aligned well. Thanks. Am asking because I read some comments on this tread on that issue but nothing was said on its implications on the building.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KolaShangOne(m): 5:33am On Jan 22, 2020
Bankyshinani:

please,can you help with the quotation for this dimensions... building of 12.2m by 9.2m and I want a height of 10ft and longspan aluminium....thanks
you can post it here

This is an estimate.

You will need
30pcs of 3x4,
20pcs of 2x6,
250pcs of 2x4,
200pcs of 2x3,
250pcs of 2x2.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KolaShangOne(m): 5:40am On Jan 22, 2020
Theenchanter2:
ok, sir... thanks.

So we should break d blocks at d top of doors and windows and cast lintel there, right? Can it still be done?

Yes. Please do.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ChiefSupplier55(m): 6:16am On Jan 22, 2020
Tonysaint01:
Good evening good folks of this thread I greet you all.
I learnt I can solve the problem am having with the finishing of my building here.
I have a building I ask my cousin brother and an engineer to help me build because am nt with the country. since abt a year plus nw yet it nt yet completed, have been sending miloins and miloins naira still yet they ar still telling me stories collecting more money from me bt thank God atlist they AR in the finishing stage nw they AR in tiling, toilet, bathroom and kitchen accessories installation stage, Bt I have decided to come and finish the building my self so am within the county nw.

So I need somebody trustworthy that can supply me some of those( tiles, toilet, bathroom and kitchen accessories)
Pls drop you contact I will huk you up probably on whatsapp

Sorry about that.....that's the way some people in this world is

Anyway you can chat me up on this number 07015190604 on Whatsapp

You can also check out my collection here https://www.nairaland.com/chiefsupplier55
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ak22(m): 7:42am On Jan 22, 2020
ChiefSupplier55:
My good people Una good evening ooo

Can give us price for your top flush ?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by davodyguy: 7:54am On Jan 22, 2020
m2cad:
Sir

May I have a copy of the soil test report.

I will review such and revert ASAP

multicadtechnologies@yahoo.co.uk

Ok

Mail sent
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 8:54am On Jan 22, 2020
Tonysaint01:
I learnt I can solve the problem am having with the finishing of my building here.
I have a building I ask my cousin brother and an engineer to help me build because am nt with the country. since abt a year plus nw yet it nt yet completed, have been sending miloins and miloins naira still yet they ar still telling me stories collecting more money from me bt thank God atlist they AR in the finishing stage nw they AR in tiling, toilet, bathroom and kitchen accessories installation stage, Bt I have decided to come and finish the building my self so am within the county nw.

So I need somebody trustworthy that can supply me some of those( tiles, toilet, bathroom and kitchen accessories)

Painful experience you got there.
We are here for you, both supply and top notch finishings.
Here is few of our work

https://www.nairaland.com/5216292/finishing-3-units-3bedrooms-holiday/1#79570298.

https://www.nairaland.com/5113925/finishing-osun-state-edifice-rotech77/8

https://www.nairaland.com/1431031/best-price-tileswater-closetpipes-fitting/63#75581697
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Hajivince(m): 9:06am On Jan 22, 2020
davodyguy:
Hello guys.
Sadyfacts and other gurus in the house.

I got the attached quote, kindly help review.

I'm open to suggestions and will go for the best with the most affordable cost.

Soil test says 26m deep
Structural drawings says 23 pile points.

Just to do piling it's ₦5m.
What about pile cap?
What about rafting the foundation along the pile cap?

To build in water logged area is gbese óò.

Foundation alone could cost close to ₦15m.

Kindly help review, as the drillers suggested using sacks in place of steel casing just to save cost.

Thanks

Please if u must do pile, please do it well... Don't say because you want to save cost, u neglect the structural drawing or Structural Engineer's job... Take a stroll through ups in gbagada before you make any decision
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Hajivince(m): 9:08am On Jan 22, 2020
davodyguy:
Hello guys.
Sadyfacts and other gurus in the house.

I got the attached quote, kindly help review.

I'm open to suggestions and will go for the best with the most affordable cost.

Soil test says 26m deep
Structural drawings says 23 pile points.

Just to do piling it's ₦5m.
What about pile cap?
What about rafting the foundation along the pile cap?

To build in water logged area is gbese óò.

Foundation alone could cost close to ₦15m.

Kindly help review, as the drillers suggested using sacks in place of steel casing just to save cost.

Thanks

U can also get quote from another pile Subcontractor & if you need one, I can refer someone for u then you compare
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by heartlove(m): 9:46am On Jan 22, 2020
quote author=all4best post=85995848]I need a room in abuja, I work close to national hospital garki[/quote]

It depend on your budget you can check Garki area or

Low budget self-contained 80-150
Durumi area
Kpaduma
Village near Coza church
Just single room without toilet and kitchen 30-50

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by davodyguy: 11:00am On Jan 22, 2020
Hajivince:

U can also get quote from another pile Subcontractor & if you need one, I can refer someone for u then you compare

Please do.

As I said, not cast in stone, I will work with the very best at the most reasonable cost
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Bankyshinani(m): 11:00am On Jan 22, 2020
ArcToyin:

Which gauge or thickness do you want?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Bankyshinani(m): 11:54am On Jan 22, 2020
KolaShangOne:

This is an estimate.
You will need 30pcs of 3x4, 20pcs of 2x6, 250pcs of 2x4, 200pcs of 2x3, 250pcs of 2x2.
wow!!!...hope this is not too much o
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Person2person(m): 12:17pm On Jan 22, 2020
Tonysaint01:

we can help you with tiles selection and installations
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dubemcapital1(m): 2:09pm On Jan 22, 2020
Sosqui:

Hello,
To be sincere with you, this is quite outrageous.
I had a similar experience. First, they confused me with the soil test and put me in a panic mode. Thank God, I met a former classmate who recommended I do the test again. To my greatest surprise, 28m turned to 8m. Did the soil test again, it was still 8m. The pile foundation was done for slightly less than N2mm.
My advice, go to Alausa (if you are in Lagos) and let them recommend someone to do the test for you. It will cost you between 70k to 90k (for personal use and not government use).
For the sharp sand, the prize is between N28,000 to N40,000 and 1 ton of 16mm is N190k to N195k. On the quantity, I will try and do a tutorial on how you can do the calculation yourself.
Have a good night rest.

Lovely. How many times will someone be nice before he can be called a nice guy?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Tonysaint01: 2:37pm On Jan 22, 2020
m2cad:

Its a pity the situation u found yasef in. We can discuss in detail

Aright
Thank you
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Tonysaint01: 2:39pm On Jan 22, 2020
ChiefSupplier55:

Sorry about that.....that's the way some people in this world is

Anyway you can chat me up on this number 07015190604 on Whatsapp

You can also check out my collection here https://www.nairaland.com/chiefsupplier55

Alright
Thank you
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Tonysaint01: 2:40pm On Jan 22, 2020
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ChiefSupplier55(m): 2:49pm On Jan 22, 2020
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ChiefSupplier55(m): 2:50pm On Jan 22, 2020
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ChiefSupplier55(m): 2:51pm On Jan 22, 2020
Hum2020:
ChiefSupplier55 I very sorry to say this why is it too difficult for you salers to put the price of good and service to this forum if want sale your goods you should bold to put in your price so we can know that this product is sold at so so price ok

Sorry abt that
Maybe I will do that next time
The tiles are 3900 per-square (Spanish tiles) 60by60
The door is 1.6m, it copper door
Well the wc are of different prices
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ChiefSupplier55(m): 2:54pm On Jan 22, 2020
ak22:

Can give us price for your top flush ?

Sorry for nt responding earlier

Which make do you need the normal china one
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by GoodFaith: 3:28pm On Jan 22, 2020
ChiefSupplier55:

Sorry abt that
Maybe I will do that next time
The tiles are 3900 per-square (Spanish tiles) 60by60
The door is 1.6m, it copper door
Well the wc are of different prices
What is the cost of the wooden face tiles
what is the szie
How many make sq meter
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Alkanelly: 3:30pm On Jan 22, 2020
Hello good people of our great country, can someone here tell me a good submersible pump 1.5hp for a borehole.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 3:44pm On Jan 22, 2020
Alkanelly:
Hello good people of our great country, can someone here tell me a good submersible pump 1.5hp for a borehole.

Go for Dab

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ak22(m): 3:59pm On Jan 22, 2020
ChiefSupplier55:

Sorry for nt responding earlier

Which make do you need the normal china one

Tyford and cdk
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ak22(m): 4:00pm On Jan 22, 2020
topsy23:

Go for Dab
i think it can also be use for well?
How much ?

Can you give price for Original purecem wire 1.5
2.5 and 4mm?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by davodyguy: 4:39pm On Jan 22, 2020
Good afternoon house

Any idea on the following cost?

Sharp Sand 4*20 tons
Granite 4*30 tons
16mm reinforcement
10mm reinforcement
Binding wire
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 4:56pm On Jan 22, 2020
ak22:

i think it can also be use for well?
How much ?

Can you give price for Original purecem wire 1.5
2.5 and 4mm?

Price of cables has gone up again
1.5mm 5400
2.5mm 8800
4mm 14500

They ve started applying 7.5% VAT

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ak22(m): 4:57pm On Jan 22, 2020
topsy23:

Price of cables has gone up again
1.5mm 5400
2.5mm 8800
4mm 14500

They ve started applying 7.5% VAT

Ok
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by heartlove(m): 6:43pm On Jan 22, 2020
Pls my good people in the house .
How many 2 bedroom flat with 1 visitor toilet inside [1 plot of land]
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Person2person(m): 7:00pm On Jan 22, 2020
heartlove:
Pls my good people in the house . How many 2 bedroom flat with 1 visitor toilet inside [1 plot of land]
kindly rephrase your question for better understanding

(1) (2) (3) ... (1299) (1300) (1301) (1302) (1303) (1304) (1305) ... (3664) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: kiekie1(m), DrAkpamudehe and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.