Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,043 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:55 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 - Travel (139) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 (785501 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by notasowie: 7:04pm On Dec 11, 2015
Have already filled the form is it possible for it to be Edithed and put work experience
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by chuckie414(m): 7:16pm On Dec 11, 2015
,,Abeg it's an interactive topic ..no insults Abeg ... am i wrong or right grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Emrey: 7:42pm On Dec 11, 2015
chuckie414:
Make we no lie ,,no be everybody wey dey go go interview and dem give visa dey carry legit SOA to embassy ,,Abeg it's an interactive topic ..no insults Abeg ... am i wrong or right grin

Bros you no lie..Na Fake me carry go ooo..but Na only me know say Na fake..I come get luck say the guy man consuls no bother check any of my document...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by justwise(m): 8:19pm On Dec 11, 2015
Emrey:
I got a U.S. Student visa without much stress..the consular didn't ask me much questions..he was a very nice man..the most shocking part was that he didn't even bother to go through any of my documents and at the end of the day he called me son and started advising me on what to do when I get to the airport In New York..two weeks later the same consular interviewed my elder brother without much stress and no showing of any documents..but when my bro got to where he was to pick up his passport,he discover that his passport wasn't ready for pick up..and after which he received a mail for him to come back to the embassy..on getting the embassy his visa was denied without any reason. .the man only told him that we have looked into ur application and we find out we can not give u the visa...right now he is confuse as to why his visa was recalled and deny..please a need your suggestions on this ..thanks guys...

Emrey:

Bros you no lie..Na Fake me carry go ooo..but Na only me know say Na fake ..I come get luck say the guy man consuls no bother check any of my document...

Maybe your elder brother went with fake documents as well after you were lucky to escape with a visa after submitting fake documents yourself.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by pennstate(m): 8:19pm On Dec 11, 2015
Why dont you guys keep this fake stuff to yourselves. Una wan block road for people na abi? Typical.

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by MrMann1(m): 8:23pm On Dec 11, 2015
Please is it OK to tell VO that an Uncle who resides in the US recommended a particular institution to me?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Walspring: 9:21pm On Dec 11, 2015
notasowie:
Was denial yesterday at the Lagos embassy '
Vo good morning
Me good morning with a smile
Vo why are u going to the america
Me to study MSC in human resource management and personnel administration at LA sierra university California
Vo Why america
Me bcus of his good quality education that is valued in the outside world and having a degree there is much more valued in Nigeria

Vo how did u know about the school
Me I did my research on us news and world report and find out that its a missionary school and noted for his valued added education and is one of the best university in western united state and they encourage student into a deeper relationship with God and here with me is the receipt of the first quarter payment of my tuition fee
Vo I didn't ask u for any document
Me sorry
Vo wen did u graduate
Me Feb 2014
Vo what have u been doing
Me my result came out late , and wen it did I decided to further for my masters
Vo I'm sorry ur not qualified
Plsss gurus where did I go wrong ',I just booked another interview on the 30th , what are my chances and where did I go wrong plsss I need urgent response

Your chances lies in your hands.. try and understand VO questions before answering of you not sure of the question ask with style to know exactly the you will say

Since you graduated in Feb 2014 and VO asked you what have you been doing since then, I believe the right answer is that you went for you nysc which is compulsory and since you came back from the one year compulsory service you decided to further and get a master degree.

Try work on your lapses and trust me you will get your visa..

Shalom

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Mayflowa(m): 10:08pm On Dec 11, 2015
MrMann1:
Please is it OK to tell VO that an Uncle who resides in the US recommended a particular institution to me?

This is not OK at all. As an adult applicant, the CO expect that your choices and researches lie in your own hands. Do not speak like one that is tied to his uncle in the US except for finance lest it may portray you as one with immigrant tendencies. Goodluck ahead

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by MrMann1(m): 10:25pm On Dec 11, 2015
Mayflowa:

This is not OK at all. As an adult applicant, the CO expect that your choices and researches lie in your own hands. Do not speak like one that is tied to his uncle in the US except for finance lest it may portray you as one with immigrant tendencies. Goodluck ahead
Noted... Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Walspring: 11:09pm On Dec 11, 2015
Emrey:

Bros you no lie..Na Fake me carry go ooo..but Na only me know say Na fake..I come get luck say the guy man consuls no bother check any of my document...

I wish you know the implication just be careful
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by abg89(m): 12:57am On Dec 12, 2015
stolid:

Bro, are you going for a Masters or Bachelors degree? You should post your academic profile here, so people can give adequate recommendations. I strongly feel your denial must have stemmed from your academic profile, choice of program or school. Did you write any standardized test?
I finished secondary School last year and My papers are ok. Someone Told me that I can get admission into the US by first applying to a school of language. From there,that I can get admission into a university or college. I have not written any standardized test.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by TheZed(m): 1:16am On Dec 12, 2015
jaybiz007:

one more thing bro, I have decided to take both exams by February but where I need more clarification is the admission process and scholarship schemes. Can we discuss privately via email sir?
Thanks for your time so far.
please post here. I also need informations on these too.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Walspring: 1:16am On Dec 12, 2015
abg89:

I finished secondary School last year and My papers are ok. Someone Told me that I can get admission into the US by first applying to a school of language. From there,that I can get admission into a university or college. I have not written any standardized test.

Is that person an agent

That person didn't like you at all and you are too gullible to have listened to him..

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Denvan: 4:26am On Dec 12, 2015
Walspring:

Is that person an agent

That person didn't like you at all and you are too gullible to have listened to him..

Pls guys, lets tread softly. Some comments are demeaning and are scaring people from seeking help or asking questions(even when such questions are worthwhile). For crying out loud, she said she just finished from secondary school...I wonder how much we knew when we were at her age!!!

9 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by notasowie: 4:46am On Dec 12, 2015
Have already filled the second form and didn't fill any work experice ,since its like that how shoukd i go abt it ?
Plssss gurus I need ur help
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by notasowie: 4:53am On Dec 12, 2015
Have already filled the second form and didn't fill any work experice ,since its like that how shoukd i go abt it ?
Plssss gurus I need ur help and my school resume January 4th
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 5:08am On Dec 12, 2015
abg89:

That's where you got it all wrong. Go & commence preparation for your SAT & TOEFL examinations, and try to ace them. You can gain admission in any university of your choice, even with some type of scholarship, if you ace your standardized examinations exceedingly. Forget whatever this someone said.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 5:23am On Dec 12, 2015
stolid:

That's where you got it all wrong. Go & commence preparation for your SAT & TOEFL examinations, and try to ace them. You can gain admission in any university of your choice, even with some type of scholarship, if you ace your standardized examinations exceedingly. Forget whatever this someone said.
Olode! You dey sleep at all? cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 5:27am On Dec 12, 2015
sirRiddy:

Olode! You dey sleep at all? cheesy

Lmaoooooo!!! I dey sleep na, I just say make I resemble you ni.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 5:29am On Dec 12, 2015
Sorry if this sounds trivial.
Please how much do people spend averagely on food as students in the US? Putting into consideration both cooking one's food and eating out.
Thanks guys
Bigfrancis21 slimmy05 Msnas godG OjaP mystiqme ebdib bbdd
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 5:29am On Dec 12, 2015
stolid:

Lmaoooooo!!! I dey sleep na, I just say make I resemble you ni.
grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by godG: 6:03am On Dec 12, 2015
sirRiddy:
Sorry if this sounds trivial.
Please how much do people spend averagely on food as students in the US? Putting into consideration both cooking one's food and eating out.
Thanks guys
Bigfrancis21 slimmy05 Msnas godG OjaP mystiqme ebdib bbdd

Indeed, some days will just require you to eat out. cheesy
First, the cost of 'eating out' will depend largely on your taste and location. Let me answer using Madison as a standard. Consider the following estimates based on my experience:

1.Cook but often eat out: $90 - 200+ (I'm not in this category!)
2.Cook but occasionally eat out: $90 - 120 (I belong here.)
3.Cook and rarely eat out: $90 - 105
4.Cook and never eat out: $90 (or less than)

If your expenditure on feeding (yourself) is more than $150 in a month, you are not in category 1, and you live in a relatively 'cheap' city/town, yawa don gas niyen o.

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 6:16am On Dec 12, 2015
godG
Oshey baba MI smiley
Eku'palemo odun
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by afolabibalogun: 6:35am On Dec 12, 2015
Pls does anyone have issues flying Qatar airlines to the US ? Will my point of entry be at Doha ?
I'm actually flying to JFk through Qatar... Pls any issue with them ? I'm more worried about where my poe will be
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 6:52am On Dec 12, 2015
godG:

First, the cost of 'eating out' will depend largely on your taste and location. Let me answer using Madison as a standard. Consider the following estimates based on my experience:

If your expenditure on feeding (yourself) is more than $150 in a month, you are not in category 1, and you live in a relatively 'cheap' city/town, yawa don gas niyen o.
Nailed it.. We belong to same category, but my own eat out no be for restaurant... na host
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 6:55am On Dec 12, 2015
sirRiddy:
godG
Oshey baba MI smiley
Eku'palemo odun
No go dey do archival o. Alfa Sirriddy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 9:03am On Dec 12, 2015
Slimmy05 which one be archival abeg?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Walspring: 11:39am On Dec 12, 2015
Denvan:

Pls guys, lets tread softly. Some comments are demeaning and are scaring people from seeking help or asking questions(even when such questions are worthwhile). For crying out loud, she said she just finished from secondary school...I wonder how much we knew when we were at her age!!!

Sorry if you think my post is too harsh but most times my post is to wake them up from their sleep and most of their post will surely bring one or more excuses which you and I are all aware of the truth behind it unless if we don't want to say it .

But let me break it down this way; assuming she is planning to further more in Nigeria will she accept it when that person asked her to go and learn language for months before going to poly or university

Am sure she will want to attend poly or university here in Nigeria if I am not wrong and the only reason why she accepted to study language for months is because the person told her that it's cheap and affordable..

Sometimes not all advice(s) are good to what we want although it helps to open our understanding more and more, but we need to use our instinct and it's not about age because age is not wisdom and majority of people when they are still in secondary school like her age as you said wanted and planned to attend university to become medical doctors, lawyers, accountant, engineering and so on because I could recall those essay writing we usually write about future ambition, best friend, best food and so on during 1st, 2nd and 3rd term exams in secondary school days and through that majority of us started our plans to go to poly or university and not to learn language for months in a university

Don't be surprise when she post again and said that's not what I wanted but the person asked me to go for it and convince me that it's good, cheap and it's the best just like someone who want to apply for university and someone asked and adviced him or her to apply to CC that's it's cheap and affordable and take it to embassy when that is not the person wish and plans, also same applicable to someone that wants to apply for business administration course he or she knew is capable of doing with his or her ability but someone advice and convince him or her to apply for nursing or other course that he or she knew that she can't cope.

Sorry to say this I believe her parent won't allow her to go and learn language for few month in the US first but rather asked her to learn it as degree or take her to the country where that's the official language to go and learn for months

Let us imagine justwise the oga for this thread is going to USA to learn Indian or Chinese as language for months and not 4 years, if you are VO won't you think that he is not genuine with his application but assumed that he is an intending migrant

once more sorry if my posts are harsh but it might be controversial because hardly you will see my post to be harsh on people here and I don't usually take some post serious at first because they don't say the truth but later on they start confessing

5 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by bbdd: 12:02pm On Dec 12, 2015
godG:

I belong to the eat out often category. Usually spend more than $250 per month.
These are good estimates.

Sirriddy
It's not trivial. Planning and managing finances is very important in the US.
If you're going to be on stipends you have to be very financially literate on issues regarding taxes, tax returns, filing taxes and all that stuff.
Same goes for credit card financing, what bank to use, insurance deductibles....

Information is power.
so get as much as you ccan. Never hurts.

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by bbdd: 12:04pm On Dec 12, 2015
afolabibalogun:
Pls does anyone have issues flying Qatar airlines to the US ? Will my point of entry be at Doha ?
I'm actually flying to JFk through Qatar... Pls any issue with them ? I'm more worried about where my poe will be

Doha is Ok
Your poe will be jfk.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by KELVIN086: 12:31pm On Dec 12, 2015
Emrey:

Bro I must confess you try for the interview..but Wetin knock you out be say..consular no wan hear say you dey house for like a month with out doing anything..you should have come up with something that after your graduation you have been busy something..bro you can't just be doing nothing for like a year now..just my two kobo on this..wish you the best in your next attempt..Abuja embassy Is much preferable...

mr emrey, i believe its not too late for you to share your transcript with the house, we can all still learn a thing or two from ur own transcript,
pls sir kindly find time to share ur complete transcript with the house.

(1) (2) (3) ... (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) ... (401)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 / Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.