Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,468 members, 7,816,103 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:52 AM

I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month - Family (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month (66192 Views)

I'm About To Regret Getting Married / I Am Lonely (lady) And Want To Get Married Next Year. Introduce Someone Nice 2me / Grandchildren Honour Their Grandmother Who Will Be 78 Years Next Month (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month by cactuscee(m): 5:39am On Sep 14, 2015
Squig:
Did you have doubts about your spouse before your wedding?

Did you meet someone amazing and you wanted him but decided to go ahead and marry your spouse?

How do you feel about the marriage now? Do you feel you did the right thing?

I'm in my mid 20s and I'm getting married next month, we've been together for almost 5years. He is the love of my life and I've never doubted my love for him or the fact that I wanted a family with him. He's got everything I want in a man.

The problem is we started having issues about 6 months ago, we stopped talking like before and we are completely disconnected now especially on my end but we're still going ahead with the marriage plan and I still want to marry him.

I met another guy I am really attracted to and we've been talking about a lot. He knows I am having issues with my man and I can't tell him we are planning to get married.

I'm having doubts about my man now, I'm confused, I feel I'll be happier with this new guy, I'm thinking it's lust but it's getting more complicated. Should I go on with the wedding?

Feel free to talk sense into my head, I need to hear hard truths.
Marriage is a Life time decision oo.
Get your priorities right.
Abi u wan dey carry cumcubines later after marriage?
If you start cheating now, i pity your Life
No rest for a sinner In the presence of God.

1 Like

Re: I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month by AreaFada2: 5:40am On Sep 14, 2015
Neplusultra:
Long courtship/dating is not advisable!

Maybe. But suppose they married 4.5 years ago, around the age of 20 she could still have met another "amazing" guy.
Then adultery and divorce would still be on the card.

We would be here now speculating if she married too early. That she didn't know what she really want then.
Re: I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month by oginga: 5:44am On Sep 14, 2015
Hummmm!

The feeling of having a new man has completely overwhelmed you. The fact that you're seeing another dude while planning for your up coming wedding is bad for your future as a person and may ruin your happiness now and forever.

If your husband later finds out that you slept with another man some months or weeks before your wedding/marriage with him, my dear your guess is as good as mine! (Even if he forgives you, he will never trust you again as person).

Again.... if you keep in-touch with this so called new boyfriend of yours and thus sleep with him after tying the knots with your husband, you will be disgraced, you and your female friends will be classified as cheap harlots, the good name of your family will be tarnished and dragged in the mud, that is if you truly have one to protect.

If you are no longer interested in your five years old relationship, kindly call it a day and let the guy know his stance and position in your life.

Talking from real life experience, you may end up losing both guys in the long run. As at the time of typing this comment, I have someone going through ‘hell’ here on ‘earth’... She slept with different men some months and weeks before her wedding and again slept with two different guys just 58 days after her elaborated wedding that cost over 5 million #aira. The husband discovered and did not ask her anything nor questions regarding her infidelity in their young marriage, he pretended like nothing happened and played the fool for two good years until he got all required evidences needed to divorce and disgrace her.

Now the women in question is so moody and in a suicidal state. (@ op.... This is a real life issue which is still hot on ground . If you're in doubt drop your email address, I can in-box you the contact details of both parties, i mean the man and the harlot woman)

My advice to you is to act right your part now and save your self heavy future shame like someone i know too well.

All the best.

3 Likes

Re: I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month by Mzflexydeeva(f): 5:51am On Sep 14, 2015
GHoJes:

If this your story is true, dont let what have been said thus far make you feel so bad to the point of hidding, come out and clarify things more to enable us decipher whether it is lust or not. Btw, if you are told here not to go ahead will you really cancel the next month wedding?
Although i'm seeing lust but i dont want to dismiss your feelings easily.
When did you meet the new guy?
Is the new guy also attracted to you?
What is it about this guy that makes you feel you will be happier with him?
Did you feel the way you feel for the new guy?
What are the issues you said you are having with your fiancee?
Answer with all honesty as you really have nothing to lose.
hmmmmm! I like ur patience and maturity but I. Think right now the op isn't thinking straight so she won't be ble to reason @ ur level.

1 Like

Re: I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month by ashmanpolo: 5:52am On Sep 14, 2015
freecocoa:
I don't know why everyone is acting like there's no problem, OP there's a big problem and it's you, you are cheating while still planning to get married, you better just leave the young man you want to marry alone and sort yourself out, I wish he'd catch you, mschew.

I just fell in love with you. #best post ever#

She's actually cheating on both men and I call such people flibbertigibbet.

1 Like

Re: I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month by kindkingsley: 5:53am On Sep 14, 2015
Platnum1:
Wow. For u to even consider another man I think u shld cancel d wedding cos your fiance deserves a better woman. No offense but it's d plain truth.

Abeg nor mind dis yeye girl wen de call hersef beta person, she just want put dis man 4 trouble after marriage. She go still de sleep 4 outside wt men. Cos na her way b dat
Re: I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month by basty: 5:57am On Sep 14, 2015
when things get this way, you need God to reveal things for you.

At this junction of confusion, please pray and fast and God will lead you aright.

Best Luck.
Re: I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month by nobeku: 5:58am On Sep 14, 2015
Squig:

Did you meet someone amazing and you wanted him but decided to go ahead and marry your spouse?

I'm in my mid 20s and I'm getting married next month, we've been together for almost 5years. He is the love of my life and I've never doubted my love for him or the fact that I wanted a family with him. He's got everything I want in a man.

The problem is we started having issues about 6 months ago, we stopped talking like before and we are completely disconnected now especially on my end but we're still going ahead with the marriage plan and I still want to marry him.

I met another guy I am really attracted to and we've been talking about a lot. He knows I am having issues with my man and I can't tell him we are planning to get married.

I'm having doubts about my man now, I'm confused, I feel I'll be happier with this new guy, I'm thinking it's lust but it's getting more complicated. Should I go on with the wedding?

Pls next.. How can you be wanting to get married and be confused at this stage? Are you a learner or do you like the size of your alphabetical fonts you see as you type?The truth is you are not ready for marriage... TAKE IT OR LEAVE IT from someone that has been married for 11 years...
Re: I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month by idav: 5:59am On Sep 14, 2015
Squig:

I don't know the appropriate name you deserve but let me call you a fool. I want you to think about my summary and act accordingly.
1. you gave enemy chance into you love because of unsettled differences. you confess in your right up that you love each other before the devil enter your freely head.
2. They say ' the enemy you know is better than the angel you don't know'. how can you just decide on the new guy that you just met, he is the new enemy that is wors t than the snake.
hmmm, I guess he got more money, more quality and better performance on.. but I tell you you will get used to it, then your eye will become clear.

3. I don't think you deserve this guy, if: he is not cheeting on you.. I doubt if you will not cheat on him during marriage. you can't be reliable.
if you are not ripe for marriage continue you fun - seeking life, then later your eye will be clear.
Re: I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month by Mzflexydeeva(f): 6:03am On Sep 14, 2015
@OP
Marriage is a life time commitment. One wrong decision & u r a sadist for the rest of your life.
Dating for 5 yrs, fixed a date a month away & now dis?
No doubt you love ur husband to be but the new guy Babe common! How did u even let urself be cajoled by another guy wen u shud have been buy planning ur wedding?
I hate to hate this but it seems u havve issues with self control. Now. Let me ask, have u ever slept with another guy in this 5 yrs of ur relationship cos u sound like some1 with the tendency to become an unfaithful wife.
This new guy who seems to be making u feel like heaven is on earth is not real.. self discipline my dear! He's going to entice you and once you loose focus which you've started he'll be on the move. Has it crossed ur mind "that maybe this is a set up by ur husband to be"...
No one ever has it smooth especially wen it comes to marriage.
My candid advice is, talk to the guy, decide to let him go. Talk to ur husband to be and have them together in d same place. A womaan who can control her emotions in most likely going to be promiscuous one.
Another case, talk to ur spiritual director.(pastor, priest, imam.....) u obviously need help
Re: I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month by nobeku: 6:04am On Sep 14, 2015
6fit:

it yur life, so d decision is yurs. U are lusting over the new guy. It isnt love. However, marriage is not always bed of Roses. We xperience d good times and bad times. All these are incredients that make marriage last. Heart to heart talk with yur man is d way out. Bside, disagreement is very nirmal during wedding planning. So search yur conscience wholistically bfor u say "I DO"
Abeg leave this girl.. She is a phucking CHEAT!
Re: I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month by Jamesrock(m): 6:04am On Sep 14, 2015
Squig:

I'm having doubts about my man now, I'm confused, I feel I'll be happier with this new guy,

The Devil You Know Is Better Than The Angel You Don't Know
Re: I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month by Edipee(m): 6:06am On Sep 14, 2015
You need focus, but most importantly, you need Jesus. Someone needs to flog sense into your head. You're the definition of my ex. She broke up with me and got married to a ready-made guy. Barely two months now, she wants to be seeing me everyday, claiming that I'm fun to be with. #Abasiakanidomo.Godforbidtemptation.
Re: I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month by kindkingsley: 6:06am On Sep 14, 2015
Squig:

Pl
Re: I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month by yommen: 6:07am On Sep 14, 2015
Kemi suddenly left me for a new guy then. Now she is back to her parent's house after having a child for him. He practically abandoned her at their matrimonial home and went ahead to impregnate another lady.

See, the problem is you. You said you love him and he is everything you want in man but still yet you are dreaming of a strange guy. Can't you see you are contradicting yourself? You simply don't love him anymore because of the new guy. Tell yourself the truth. More so, give yourself brain or else, you'll regret for the rest of your life.

1 Like

Re: I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month by nobeku: 6:07am On Sep 14, 2015
willibounce1:
Abeg just quit the marriage and save your life and that of your old guy.

It's obvious you are still gonna cheat no matter who you marry. You still have a brain of a teenager.

You'll just fall for any cute guy you see and start misbehaving. Better stay single for now and phuck all the phuck wey u won phuck before you go into marriage.

I don't want to read or hear stories that touch.

"Man stabs wife to death for cheating " make e no go be Wetin go happen to you be this o
You are so on point.. CHEATING BEECH!!!!
Re: I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month by kindkingsley: 6:10am On Sep 14, 2015
Squig:

Pls leave dis innocent man alone oo, folo dat bad egg go o..na so una kind of women de do, if u don enter d man house finish u go still de pass back de go sleep wt dis ur new man, so folo d man now
Re: I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month by nobeku: 6:11am On Sep 14, 2015
endeedike:
sister dont ever marry cos of the 5 yrs...go for your happiness..what is it about the new guy dat brings out the woman in you? look at his chances of settling down if truly dats where u heart is..ok bye
Are you planning to fork her too?

3 Likes

Re: I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month by peedeeasobie(m): 6:12am On Sep 14, 2015
Ephemmm:

The earlier you recognize the fact that love is a decision and not a feeling, the better for you. #haveyoudecided?#

You are absolutely correct! She's walking by her feelings and that will get her into trouble soon!

@OP, you feel you will be happier with the new guy? Tell me, how were you feeling when you first met your fiancé? The same way you are feeling now with the new guy I guess!

You haven't told the told the new guy about your coming wedding with the new guy, that makes you a liar!
You are spending so much time with the new guy, that makes you an emotional cheat!

The truth is that you are not being truthful.
You are the cause of the issues you are having with your fiance! Its because of interference such as this new guy that is causing issues for you people!

You are not discipline and you are immature!
Your type learns through the hard way!

You will soon loose gold while focused on stones, and when that new guy breaks your heart, you will come here and open another thread saying "all men are wicked".

1 Like

Re: I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month by kenzo25(m): 6:13am On Sep 14, 2015
I believe u know what is good for u, if guy b proposed to marry him but if he's a player u ve just wasted your time, and if guy A knew, u re starting afresh 5 wasted year. As for me it's ur live ur destiny is in ur hand, what work for me might not work for u period.be wise o
Re: I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month by nobeku: 6:14am On Sep 14, 2015
megastu:
Her's is different. Her's is pure lust.

HER ROYAL SLUTTISHNESS!!!!!!!
Re: I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month by Jamb2016Expo: 6:15am On Sep 14, 2015
Lol no doubt am oh ,,,
Re: I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month by SunnyJJ: 6:15am On Sep 14, 2015
If at all u needed an advice or a hard truth about this, let's see the summary of what is happening btw u two, cos i think it will go a long way helping us in finding a lasting solution or better advice to this issue. But deep inside me now i feel u've lost interest in the relationship! Still need d summary thou.
Re: I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month by heardis: 6:16am On Sep 14, 2015
Girl, I it means me begging u, I would so u cAn be wise and know that marriage is not just two pple having a five minut walking down an isle. It is for life o. Except u've already made up your mind to divorce in a few months or hours. I know the fault for this communication breach will not be yours 100%, so girl, what u need to do are;
1. Leave guys) and go and talk to your GOD.
2. Take careful and objective note of what u don't like and those u cannot endure. If they are more than five, I'll advice u to run away because in actuality, they'll be more than 15 but u can only remember 5. If u decides to carry on, I'll say u should prepare to endure your marital life.
3. talk to your family about it because its not u alone that is getting married o. The whole family is getting married with u. If u will be honest. Also, u may be surprised by the amount of advise and opinions and views u'll get.
4. Talk to yourself. This is the most important one o.
Re: I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month by nobeku: 6:16am On Sep 14, 2015
360jamng:

My dear, marriage is for life, Don't make mistake

If yu want a happy marriage, go for the guy that makes you happy.

I rest my case
I know you ain't married from your comments..
Re: I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month by nobeku: 6:19am On Sep 14, 2015
EnlightenedSoul:

If not physically, it's clear that you're cheating on your SO at least emotionally.

Although a strong connection is important in any relationship, you have to understand that no matter whom you marry, you'll fall in and out of love with each other all the time - perhaps even months and years at a time, so it's really his/her TRAITS and the sustainability of the relationship that matter (and by "fall in love" here I mean that lovey-dovey, starry-eyed, pie-in-the-sky feeling plenty of people wrongly tend to classify as a 'forever' feeling when it plain isn't). And yes, it's also highly likely that you'll each fall in love with others outside your marriage! So? Are are you going to indulge in that chemically-induced heady feeling of 'new love' every time you find the connection wanting? Though, in all honesty, I don't think there's anything wrong in that provided your partner is aware of it and OK with it, but assuming you're in a closed-off and committed monogamous relationship, is that in any way fair to your fiancé? Considering you identified him as being "everything I want in a man", what's so "amazing" about that other one (other than the new feels)? Or are you, more than likely, blinded by him? Lastly, what caused the deep connection between you and your initial "everything I want in a man" - man to fizzle out?

What you do next depends on how you answer these questions and what it is you're truly looking for, but I def don't think you should get married in a month's time. This is more than cold feet! If there was any physicality involved, you should come clean to your fiancé. IMHO, he deserves to know. Although you def deserve some of it depending on what exactly it is you've done, don't let the tedious sea of condemnation in the comments section baffle you as it did me, especially in how they somehow managed to assign gender flaws and indulge in women-bashing regarding this all too common scenario, lol. Many of them are obvious hypocrites and apparently abnormal beings.

Call me a cynic, but I don't think "falling in love" - even in ernest - is that cataclysmic an event. In fact, I'd categorically say its more abnormal not to. It's more about what you do with it, and/or what you agree should be done with it as a partnership. GL!

See! Leave this girl.. She's just a slut!
Re: I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month by AdeniyiA(m): 6:19am On Sep 14, 2015
shocked larger percentage of ladies nowadays are confused walahi ... undecided ...
Re: I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month by HopeAtHand: 6:20am On Sep 14, 2015
Squig, this is very important to me..

Have you had sex with the new guy...i need the a correct answer to help in my study of "modern female behavioural patterns in relationships"...

Its a scholarly work, you can use NL mail and send the answer across if you're shy to post it here.

Thanks.

4 Likes

Re: I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month by obiak4(m): 6:21am On Sep 14, 2015
She is cheating a month to her wedding and ppl r not concerned about that,
my advice to u is that you don't come here next tym after d new(cheater) dump ur a*s and open thread like why are all men wicked my 2cents
Re: I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month by mrobjective: 6:22am On Sep 14, 2015
You must know that if you chase two rats at the same time,they will both escape.
Re: I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month by Tunagee(m): 6:23am On Sep 14, 2015
bayulll01:

Many people who decide to get married these days don't really understand the word marriage,have you been seeing marriage counselor,marriag.e is not just saying" Yes I do"you are saying "Yes I do" to lots of thing on that day,your case is simple I will advice you see or talk to a marriage counselor it is what both of you need at this time feel free to Dm me happen to know a specialist on these issues,he's an online specialist and therapist on marriage am sure you will glad at the end of the session

Even your age category shows u might not be ripe enough for marriage. Age never dey your side, when age don reach urside, u go know wetin dey. if u are not careful you may end up loosing them both. You better use your head and pray very well to show u ur real husband. Dem no dey gamble with marriage o!if u were not serious, why waste the first guys's time.
Re: I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month by ghidefemi(m): 6:26am On Sep 14, 2015
You are still young, so I suggest you spend another five years with this new guy and see if any big doubt will come along.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (17) (Reply)

Nigerian Man Marries Kenyan Lady As He Abandons His Wife Of 16 Years In Lagos / ‘My Boyfriend Pays The Rent For Our House But He Doesn’t Know I’m The Landlord’ / Pregnant Woman Blasted For 'bleaching' Her Baby Bump [PICS]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.