Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,533 members, 7,816,301 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:09 AM

I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month - Family (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month (66203 Views)

I'm About To Regret Getting Married / I Am Lonely (lady) And Want To Get Married Next Year. Introduce Someone Nice 2me / Grandchildren Honour Their Grandmother Who Will Be 78 Years Next Month (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month by Ajih4us: 6:29am On Sep 14, 2015
Water can't get sour without something get into it! Why having an interest in another guy because of ineffective communication... prio to your wedding? Be careful.
Re: I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month by nigeriancuban: 6:32am On Sep 14, 2015
I don't know but I see op running around seeking for prayers for any kind of man to come,in 2 yes time
Re: I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month by Tommy3750(m): 6:33am On Sep 14, 2015
Squig:
Did you have doubts about your spouse before your wedding?

Did you meet someone amazing and you wanted him but decided to go ahead and marry your spouse?

How do you feel about the marriage now? Do you feel you did the right thing?

I'm in my mid 20s and I'm getting married next month, we've been together for almost 5years. He is the love of my life and I've never doubted my love for him or the fact that I wanted a family with him. He's got everything I want in a man.

The problem is we started having issues about 6 months ago, we stopped talking like before and we are completely disconnected now especially on my end but we're still going ahead with the marriage plan and I still want to marry him.

I met another guy I am really attracted to and we've been talking about a lot. He knows I am having issues with my man and I can't tell him we are planning to get married.

I'm having doubts about my man now, I'm confused, I feel I'll be happier with this new guy, I'm thinking it's lust but it's getting more complicated. Should I go on with the wedding?

Feel free to talk sense into my head, I need to hear hard truths.
my sister you are the problem here.
You said they new guy know about the you guy rite? Look,he is trying to behave as if he is more than the your guy so that you will drop your guy.
Becareful,there is no perfect or better man out there go ahead and marry your guy,matured woman i that woman that sees a problem and look for ways to handle it rather than running away.
What of if after dropping your man and follow the new guy and you discover another thi about him? Will you still leave him too?
A word is enoigh for the wise

1 Like

Re: I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month by Nobody: 6:34am On Sep 14, 2015
Squig:

Did you meet someone amazing and you wanted him but decided to go ahead and marry your spouse?

I'm in my mid 20s and I'm getting married next month, we've been together for almost 5years. He is the love of my life and I've never doubted my love for him or the fact that I wanted a family with him. He's got everything I want in a man.

The problem is we started having issues about 6 months ago, we stopped talking like before and we are completely disconnected now especially on my end but we're still going ahead with the marriage plan and I still want to marry him.

I met another guy I am really attracted to and we've been talking about a lot. He knows I am having issues with my man and I can't tell him we are planning to get married.

I'm having doubts about my man now, I'm confused, I feel I'll be happier with this new guy, I'm thinking it's lust but it's getting more complicated. Should I go on with the wedding?

Ur not confused, it's sense u don't have.
Re: I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month by Nobody: 6:34am On Sep 14, 2015
Squig:

please watch temptation by tyler perry............on a serious u need to watch d movie.....with d way u r talking dis new guy will easily have access to ur yansh.... he will smash and dump u like trash....dnt make d mistake of leaving ur guy....... u will probably .......live to regret it.......... all ur life
Re: I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month by francizy(m): 6:35am On Sep 14, 2015
I love the comments on FP, especially the ones from Severussnape, Mrpeterson, 5minsmadness, Platnum1, cococandy, freecocoa, MarvellousGod, TooNoisy, gwas, willibounce1, tearoses...

Squig, I love the fact that you were truthful and stated clearly that the fault was from you. Most ladies or women might have lied in that aspect, in order to save face.

However, that doesn't take away the fact that your man deserves better. Here you created a disconnection between you and your man, after which you had something to grumble about, then afterwards, your actions gave you rooms to look for another man whom you'd gossip with about your relationship.

Why are you like this? You placed a loophole in your relationship (soon to become a marriage) and then used that opportunity to cheat. Please just like Gbajabiamila, abi na Tashaamania said, don't go ahead with the marriage. Cancel it for the following reasons:

Your man deserves better
You're a cold hearted cheat
You hate good things
You'll still cheat on him even in marriage
Your new man will definitely break the news of your sexcapades to your husband, probably on your wedding day..

PS: don't you dare come back here to tell us how this new guy used and dumped your arse after making the ultimate sacrifice for him.

Modified.. Truckpusher's comment tho.. Muhahahahahahaha grin grin grin

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month by Praiseybabe: 6:36am On Sep 14, 2015
My dear if u have doubts, then u can postpone the wedding and then take out time to pray. meanwhile u should cut off every communication u have with the new guy. kissMy dear if u have doubts, then u can postpone the wedding and then take out time to pray. meanwhile u should cut off every communication u have with the new guy.
Re: I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month by Nobody: 6:42am On Sep 14, 2015
Usually when u r abt getting marry is when Satan comes in between. Is due to d demand cz d guy might be seeing dt his effort nt been appreciative due to frustration in either way bt try to gt over it n continue wit him n never gv any new person a chance cz u 'll end up regretting it !!!
Re: I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month by Mjjordan(m): 6:43am On Sep 14, 2015
Platnum1:
Wow. For u to even consider another man I think u shld cancel d wedding cos your fiance deserves a better woman. No offense but it's d plain truth.
am sorry OK?..but I love u for this!!!
Re: I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month by Vikky014(f): 6:43am On Sep 14, 2015
Squig:
@ all, the new guy or my man are not rich, just average guys. I met the new guy when my man and I had an issue and we didn't talk for almost 3 months and I thought that was the end even though we've agreed to marry before then. the wedding issue has been dragging on for a long time and I got fed up. I believe he's scared of losing me that is why he demanded we get married now.

I'm not a bad person or cheat, my man was my first. I just feel this new guy really cares about me and he's optimistic about having me in his life.

PS. the new guy doesn't know we've worked out our differences and we are not dating officially, we just spend a lot of time together and he's talking about getting married.
hmmmmmmmmmmm

u didnt tlk to sme1 for 3 mnths wht actually hapnd?

to me u love d new guy now
Re: I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month by bayulll01(m): 6:43am On Sep 14, 2015
Tunagee:

Even your age category shows u might not be ripe enough for marriage. Age never dey your side, when age don reach urside, u go know wetin dey. if u are not careful you may end up loosing them both. You better use your head and pray very well to show u ur real husband. Dem no dey gamble with marriage o!if u were not serious, why waste the first guys's time.

Bros direct the message to the Op not me
Re: I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month by OrlandoOwoh(m): 6:46am On Sep 14, 2015
I just hate long courtship.
Re: I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month by onunwa21(m): 6:48am On Sep 14, 2015
Go ahead wit d 1st guy, 5 yrs is nt beans my friend. D new guy was sent by devil to cum destroy ur future. Be careful
Re: I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month by samintegrity(m): 6:55am On Sep 14, 2015
My 2 cent

Re: I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month by Tunagee(m): 6:55am On Sep 14, 2015
Squig:

Even ur age and what u said clearly indicates u are not ripe for marriage. Very childish talk. you better give urself brain and stop bordering nairalanders with an issue that requires you to pray to God to show u the right man for your silly ass. O je fun ra e lopolo before u lose the 2 of them. Na the Bleep wey him dey give you wan make u change ur mind? thats why i always say it that guys should not be too nice to ladies; they will pay u back with evil. women are devils!!
Re: I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month by WhoBeThisMan: 6:58am On Sep 14, 2015
If not that this has gotten the 10th page You may read this comment, I would have told you one sting word, silly girl. If you like follow all these girls advicing u wrongly. Mthwwwww. (I hope I spelt that rightly)
Re: I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month by optimismlaz(m): 6:59am On Sep 14, 2015
Nne u are a big fool, u jst allowed a somebody to come in between u n ur guy after 5yrs. See if u refuse to marry my guy for managing u for good 5yrs now, u will live to regret it. Foolish
Re: I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month by Nobody: 7:02am On Sep 14, 2015
this guy will use u and dump, u've dated a guy for five years and another guy came with his sweet mouth to deceive u, u are on ur own
Re: I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month by Generalk007: 7:02am On Sep 14, 2015
if u loose dis man u v been datin for lng u mite nt get marry again til ur forties because of ur greed.d man u r giving attentn now is a devil who wnt to ruin ur lyf forever
Re: I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month by Nobody: 7:02am On Sep 14, 2015
this guy will use u and dump, u've dated a guy for five years and another guy came with his sweet mouth to deceive u, u are on ur own grin
Ephemmm:

The earlier you recognize the fact that love is a decision and not a feeling, the better for you. #haveyoudecided?#
u speak my mind.....
Re: I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month by smarttm: 7:02am On Sep 14, 2015
U have to decide cos i kn wen u are finally married to him u can never be bleep by any other man....may be the new guy is more romantic...
love can be built even from lust....follow ur heart....
Re: I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month by lomaone: 7:03am On Sep 14, 2015
Begining of any new relationship is sweet, u cannot say for sure how it would be in 5 months, 5 years etc. note 5 sustainable years isnt 5 months.ewu!!!
Re: I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month by Nobody: 7:03am On Sep 14, 2015
Lol@OP....had similar experience.

Let her go ahead with the 'new guy'.

Free punny cheating bishh.
Re: I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month by Tanyogo(m): 7:03am On Sep 14, 2015
Don't make a mistake you will forever live to regret. Your current experience with this new guy might end up being an illusion that will vanish into the air. This guy may not be real.

MY EXPERIENCE.
Some three years back a close friend of mine during the period of waiting for service after graduation travelled to Abuja. There he met a lady, the said lady had a serious engagement and had already started marriage processes ( family and church involved). He got to know about it as soon as they started coz the girl told him. In a short while this lady diverted all her attention to my friend just because of what she heard from him and saw about him. Her relationship started having serious issues. Any body against her decision at that time became an enemy ( her pastor, family and closest friend). Note all these happening at the pace of a month. She told her supposed husband to be that she wasn't ready for him again boldly in the face with the hope that she fund new love.
My guy never gave her that full hope, but she felt she could have him soon, mean while he was just a HIT AND RUN GUY. When I got to know about it I urged him to stop but behold it was late, the damage had been done. Sooner than later, in less than two months he travelled back and I tell you, THE DAY HE LEFT THAT PLACE WAS THE LAST DAY SHE HEARD FROM HIM. Take your decision and be prepared to live with it afterwards.

4 Likes

Re: I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month by JuicyStar: 7:05am On Sep 14, 2015
Squig:

I dey vex...the issue with we youths today is that when we face any challenge we are quick to search for an alternative. In your heart u want to go with the new guy while in ur head u want to marry the old guy. I have one question for u: if you were already married to the old guy, would u back out or will u stay there to fix things? All that glitters is not gold cos kpanda too dey glitter.
Re: I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month by kinglekan: 7:06am On Sep 14, 2015
cococandy:
Cold feet before a wedding is normal as it is a big nay huge and permanent life decision. You wonder if this decision will be worth it.
So yes doubts are okay. But if you can't pinpoint any particular thing wrong with the guy, then you don't really have any problems. Nobody is ever 100percent sure until they start living day to day with the person.

As for the new guy, pls don't make any decisions because of him. I have zero trust for anyone who would go out with someone that's already in a committed relationship. If you leave your man for him, he won't trust you not to leave him for someone else.

[b]
And that sums it all up.

@squig

You are leaving the major issue here which is the disconnection between you and your fiancée, which to me is quite normal for most relationships.

You have been in courtship with him for about 5years and at this point nothing probably seems to excite you or him about the relationship, apart from the fact that you would be getting married soon. Which I assume is the reason for the disconnect.

Rather than ponder over how to spark up your relationship which is currently heading for marriage you decided to open up to a new guy and of course your emotions kicked in. He seems sweet and all, while you gradually toll the line of a cheating "wife to be".

Ask yourself what you truly want, now isn't the time to let your emotions ruin you. Fix your relationship issues, if you need time then postpone the wedding so you and your fiancee can work things out. While you are at it quit whatever you have with your newly found "confidant".

[/b]
Re: I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month by Nobody: 7:07am On Sep 14, 2015
cococandy:
Cold feet before a wedding is normal as it is a big nay huge and permanent life decision. You wonder if this decision will be worth it.
So yes doubts are okay. But if you can't pinpoint any particular thing wrong with the guy, then you don't really have any problems. Nobody is ever 100percent sure until they start living day to day with the person.

As for the new guy, pls don't make any decisions because of him. I have zero trust for anyone who would go out with someone that's already in a committed relationship. If you leave your man for him, he won't trust you not to leave him for someone else.
I gotto applaud you for this. Best comment I have seen you make. And no,I'm not stalking you.
Re: I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month by pharoah7(m): 7:08am On Sep 14, 2015
Man up nd do wat u want...aint u engaged already..get married broda success
Re: I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month by Nobody: 7:08am On Sep 14, 2015
tell d new guy to get d hell out of ur life,,all urs issues r cos u want d new guy DAT u HV known for just a few month
Re: I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month by OkoAnike(m): 7:08am On Sep 14, 2015
Mariecakes:
Little doubts days, weeks or a month b4 wedding is quite normal... but big doubts, disconnection and less communication is not normal..you might have all these because of the new guy you just met...talk to your Old guy, try figure where things went wrong, he just might feel the same way as you do n it will be easier to end it now....or you can Find out what happened n fix it

My dear I guess u must be married... True talk, even while I was at the alter, I wasn't sure if what I was doing is either right or wrong, but today am most greatful to God that I did... My own doubts came because there are so many people trying to be mine, so the decision of knowing if of all that I had, am making the right one... Today am 10yrs plus in marriage because I married my long time friend... Take care.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (17) (Reply)

Nigerian Man Marries Kenyan Lady As He Abandons His Wife Of 16 Years In Lagos / ‘My Boyfriend Pays The Rent For Our House But He Doesn’t Know I’m The Landlord’ / Pregnant Woman Blasted For 'bleaching' Her Baby Bump [PICS]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.