Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,149 members, 7,849,578 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 03:22 AM

Glorious Quran - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Glorious Quran (11989 Views)

Deeper Life Pastor, Kumuyi Predicts Glorious 2015 / Meditations On The Mysteries Of The Holy Rosary ( Sorrowful & Glorious ) / Scientific Miracles Of The Glorious Quran (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Go Down)

Re: Glorious Quran by Nobody: 8:34pm On Jan 12, 2007
Volume 1, Book 9, Number 490:

Narrated ‘Aisha:

The things which annul the prayers were mentioned before me. They said, “Prayer is annulled by a dog, a donkey and a woman (if they pass in front of the praying people).” I said, “You have made us (i.e. women) dogs. I saw the Prophet praying while I used to lie in my bed between him and the Qibla. Whenever I was in need of something, I would slip away for I disliked to face him.”
Re: Glorious Quran by shahan(f): 8:42pm On Jan 12, 2007
mrpataki:

davidylan link=topic=25738.msg813046#msg813046 date=1168610480:

2. Do you really want me to start giving you verses where women are explicitly described as no better than dogs or donkeys? Or is this another escape strategy of idol worshippers? Pretending not to see the obvious?

Please could you helpme out with the verse pertaining to the bold statement above.There is a muslim here who is getting to realise the truth more than before. Hope his heart will be touched by God.

Tabari VIII:62 Ishaq:496
"Ali [Muhammad's adopted son, son-in-law, and future Caliph] said, ‘Prophet, women are plentiful. You can get a replacement, easily changing one for another.'"

Volume 1, Book 9, Number 493:
'Narrated 'Aisha:
The things which annual prayer were mentioned before me (and those were): a dog, a donkey and a woman. I said, "You have compared us (women) to donkeys and dogs. By Allah! I saw the Prophet praying while I used to lie in (my) bed between him and the Qibla. Whenever I was in need of something, I disliked to sit and trouble the Prophet. So, I would slip away by the side of his feet."'

Volume 1, Book 9, Number 498:
"Narrated 'Aisha: It is not good that you people have made us (women) equal to dogs and donkeys."
Re: Glorious Quran by mrpataki(m): 8:47pm On Jan 12, 2007
Thanks shahan and davidylan.
Re: Glorious Quran by Nobody: 10:27pm On Jan 12, 2007
Well gists,just to let you know,women are not dirty just because they have a monthly cycle,if yours is,she probably just  has poor hygiene sad sad sad.
and since menstruation nullifies your prayers,I guess there's one week in a month that allah is deaf to you and if you have daughters,sisters and aunts,hmm,tough luck.
Re: Glorious Quran by Nobody: 11:02pm On Jan 12, 2007
gists:

Sallam alykum
I have never hit my woman too. The worst I've done is to shout. And that's just being honest. I remembered the 1st time I did that (i.e shout), how she showed remourse and appologised for what she did wrong. I was happy and I thank God not because I won the case but because she showed remourse almost instantly and life continued happily ever since. Last night I too did something wrong and I also appologised, I have not even seen your response then. Please, don't get me wrong, I was not trying to justify battery. I qouted the hadith to prove that if we muslims have to follow our leader, then we wouldn't hit our women as he (Muhammad) did not hit her even when he was very angry. That should be obvious from the hadith.

and who says Mohammed never hit a woman.
This must be a revelation to you then mr gists.
Sorry mukina2 if you never heard this,Mohammed was a woman batterer too.
Hear it from aishas own mouth.

Book 004, Number 2127:
[b]Muhammad b. Qais said (to the people): Should I not narrate to you (a hadith of the Holy Prophet) on my authority and on the authority of my mother? We thought that he meant the mother who had given him birth. He (Muhammad b. Qais) then reported that it was 'A'isha who had narrated this: Should I not narrate to you about myself and about the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him)? We said: Yes. She said: When it was my turn for Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) to spend the night with me, he turned his side, put on his mantle and took off his shoes and placed them near his feet, and spread the corner of his shawl on his bed and then lay down till he thought that I had gone to sleep. He took hold of his mantle slowly and put on the shoes slowly, and opened the door and went out and then closed it lightly. I covered my head, put on my veil and tightened my waist wrapper, and then went out following his steps till he reached Baqi'. He stood there and he stood for a long time. He then lifted his hands three times, and then returned and I also returned. He hastened his steps and I also hastened my steps. He ran and I too ran. He came (to the house) and I also came (to the house). I, however, preceded him and I entered (the house), and as I lay down in the bed, he (the Holy Prophet) entered the (house), and said: Why is it, O 'A'isha, that you are out of breath? I said: There is nothing. He said: Tell me or the Subtle and the Aware would inform me. I said: Messenger of Allah, may my father and mother be ransom for you, and then I told him (the whole story). He said: Was it the darkness (of your shadow) that I saw in front of me? I said: Yes. He struck me on the chest which caused me pain,[/color][color=#990000][color=#990000][/color] and then said: Did you think that Allah and His Apostle would deal unjustly with you? She said: Whatsoever the people conceal, Allah will know it. He said: Gabriel came to me when you saw me. He called me and he concealed it from you. I responded to his call, but I too concealed it from you (for he did not come to you), as you were not fully dressed. I thought that you had gone to sleep, and I did not like to awaken you, fearing that you may be frightened. He (Gabriel) said: Your Lord has commanded you to go to the inhabitants of Baqi' (to those lying in the graves) and beg pardon for them. I said: Messenger of Allah, how should I pray for them (How should I beg forgiveness for them)? He said: Say, Peace be upon the inhabitants of this city (graveyard) from among the Believers and the Muslims, and may Allah have mercy on those who have gone ahead of us, and those who come later on, and we shall, God willing, join you.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------[/b]
Re: Glorious Quran by Nobody: 11:04pm On Jan 12, 2007
I hope that settles it now.
Muhammad hit his child bride aisha for sneaking up on him.
I bet gists wishes he never met me.
Sorry it's not about you but about exposing the fraud called Islam.
salamalaycoocoo
Re: Glorious Quran by shahan(f): 11:19pm On Jan 12, 2007
They'll come back with another theory about how the Quraish expression for "he struck me on the chest" is a light tap!

@babyosisi, more power to your exposing the fraud o jare!
Re: Glorious Quran by Nobody: 12:05am On Jan 13, 2007
no, he only meant to touch aisha on the chest. Even at that, if indeed he tapped her "lightly" on the chest, it must have been after several days of admonishing her and many months of leaving the marital bed! grin
Re: Glorious Quran by Nobody: 12:07am On Jan 13, 2007
shahan:

They'll come back with another theory about how the Quraish expression for "he struck me on the chest" is a light tap!

@babyosisi, more power to your exposing the fraud o jare!

and they'll also explain how the light tap with a tooth brush caused her pain
Re: Glorious Quran by mrpataki(m): 10:03am On Jan 13, 2007
maybe you dont know they will tell you the pain was talking of her menstrual pain. Can you beat that? grin grin
Re: Glorious Quran by mukina2: 11:08am On Jan 13, 2007
undecided

i am confused . . .dnt ask me why undecided

davidslain i'll get you tongue grin grin
Re: Glorious Quran by shahan(f): 1:26pm On Jan 13, 2007
Don't be confused. . . keep steady, because salvation will reach you soon. Truth no dey hide. wink
Re: Glorious Quran by mukina2: 1:31pm On Jan 13, 2007
i knew you would reply me . .

i am confused really confused . . undecided undecided undecided
Re: Glorious Quran by shahan(f): 1:45pm On Jan 13, 2007
@mukina2, I'm serious. Don't let anything confuse you. I've read some of your inputs and I know you're intelligent. Forget the fact that I'm many times guilty of kidding around when sharing with you. . . that's because of my past. If you keep a straight head and your desire is clear truth, you will find it. May God bless and keep you until you find Him.
Re: Glorious Quran by mukina2: 1:53pm On Jan 13, 2007
shaitan . .wat past?

i am confused . . .really . .confused . .puzzled really puzzled . . undecided undecided
Re: Glorious Quran by gists: 5:20pm On Jan 13, 2007
@dav & the learning student MrPataki

1. All that is pure window dressing of a fraud! In reality, how many muslim men in Afghanistan, Iran, Saudi Arabia even Nigeria are bothering to stop and think through admonishing a wife or leaving the marital bed before beating her "lightly" for ill-conduct?

And in your own opinion and wisdom the Qur'an is to be blamed for the lack of men to follow it dictates. In the same manner, you'll also balme the bible cos it states that men should love their wives. A task that so difficult that women face life threatening situation everyday (some have said every 12secs) in the west to the extent that women consider murdering their husbands as the only way out! Back to your judge role, if some citizens or members of your group find it difficult to follow what's in the constitution, as the chief justice and elder stateman you will call for a constitutional review committee right? Common dav., I believe your smarter than this. I'm an uncurable optimist

Volume 1, Book 9, Number 490:

Narrated ‘Aisha:

The things which annul the prayers were mentioned before me. They said, “Prayer is annulled by a dog, a donkey and a woman (if they pass in front of the praying people).” I said, “You have made us (i.e. women) dogs. I saw the Prophet praying while I used to lie in my bed between him and the Qibla. Whenever I was in need of something, I would slip away for I disliked to face him.”

Try and read between the lines before you lay accusations. According to your insinuation, She's a woman, compared to dog and ass that annul prayers, yet she was lying on d bed infront of her husband while he is praying. And whenever she needed something, she would slip away in other not to face him (i.e distract him)

The reason while she sliped away is in another hadith:

Sahih Bukhari Volume 1, Book 9, Number 487 & 488:
I heard the Prophet saying, 'If anybody amongst you is praying behind something as a Sutra (more like a barrier) and somebody tries to pass in front of him, then he should repulse him and if he refuses, he should use force against him for he is a satan.

the word Somebody is use for man generally both male and female not women alone.

@babyosisi
Firstly, let me agree that it will be a revelation for me to find that the prophet (SAW) hit any woman. However, I have not seen any proov as yet to that effect! The hadith quoted is misinterpreted and even the answere lies within the passage! But first lets look at another similar hadith:

Translation of Sahih Muslim, Book 4, Number 1787:

Ubayy b. Ka'b reported: I was in the mosque when a man entered and prayed and recited (the Qur'in) in a style to which I objected. Then another man entered (the mosque) and recited in a style different from that of his companion. When we had finished the prayer, we all went to Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) and said to him: This man recited in a style to which I objected, and the other entered and recited in a style different from that of his companion. The Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) asked them to recite and so they recited, and the Apostle of Allah (may peace be upon him) expressed approval of their affairs (their modes of recitation). and there occurred In my mind a sort of denial which did not occur even during the Days of Ignorance. When the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) saw how I was affected (by a wrong idea), he struck my chest, whereupon I broke into sweating and felt as though I were looking at Allah with fear

The action is clearly done not for the purpose of punishing but to restore  the purity of his heart and mind. The same applies to Aisha: I responded to his call, but I too concealed it from you (for he did not come to you), as you were not fully dressed. I thought that you had gone to sleep, and I did not like to awaken you, fearing that you may be frightened.

A husband that didn't wake his wife just because he didn't want to frighten her will now all of a sudden punish her by stricking? Can you tell me does that make sense.

Some hadiths that says it all:
How does anyone of you beat his wife as he beats the stallion camel and then embrace (i.e sleep with) her?” (Al-Bukhari, English Translation, vol. 8, Hadith 68, pp. 42-43)

I went to the Apostle of Allah (peace be upon him) and asked him: What do you say (command) about our wives? He replied: Give them food what you have for yourself, and clothe them by which you clothe yourself, and do not beat them, and do not revile them. (Sunnan Abu Dawud 11:2139)

Marriage (Kitab Al-Nikah) Book 11, Number 2138:
Narrated Mu'awiyah ibn Haydah: I said: Apostle of Allah, how should we approach our wives and how should we leave them? He replied  Approach your tilth (not filth, pls check it) when or how you will,  give her (your wife) food when you take food, clothe when you clothe yourself, do not revile her face, and do not beat her.

The mother herself i.e Aisha (ra) narrated: Allaah's Messenger (Sallallahu 'Alaihi Wa Sallam) never hit anything with his hand ever, except when fighting in the path of Allaah. Nor did he ever hit a servant or a woman."  [Recorded by Ibn Maajah. Al-Albaanee graded it Saheeh.]

It might interest you to know that one full chapter was reavelled in the Glorius Qur'an just for one woman complaining about the attitude of her husband. She kept on disputing with the Prophet (SAW) to wade into the affairs but he didn't until angel Jubril came with the revelation. The chapter is 58 titled "The Disputing Woman"

Now lets look at some interesting things that the bible says about women. Can my xtian brothers and sisters clearify these issues. they dont seen to be right. I stand to be corrected though. And pleeease look for better explanations apart from the usual "its the O.T":
"No wickedness comes anywhere near the wickedness of a woman, Sin began with a woman and thanks to her we all must die" (cos we ate the fruit in the garden, its her fault)
(Ecclesiasticus 25:19,24).

"A woman should learn in quietness and full submission. I don't permit a woman to teach or to have authority over a man; she must be silent. For Adam was formed first, then Eve. And Adam was not the one deceived; it was the woman who was deceived and became a sinner" (I Timothy 2:11-14).

"The birth of a daughter is a loss" (Ecclesiasticus 22:3) as against "A man who educates his son will be the envy of his enemy." (Ecclesiasticus 30:3)

"Keep a headstrong daughter under firm control, or she will abuse any indulgence she receives. Keep a strict watch on her shameless eye, do not be surprised if she disgraces you" (Ecclesiasticus 26:10-11).

"When a woman has her regular flow of blood, the impurity of her monthly period will last seven days, and anyone who touches her will be unclean till evening. Anything she lies on during her period will be unclean, and anything she sits on will be unclean. Whoever touches her bed must wash his clothes and bathe with water, and he will be unclean till evening. Whoever touches anything she sits on must wash his clothes and bathe with water, and he will be unclean till evening. Whether it is the bed or anything she was sitting on, when anyone touches it, he will be unclean till evening" (Lev. 15:19-23).

As against the practise of Mohammed (SAW):
Sahih Bukhari, Volume 1, Book 9, Number 497:                                                 
Narrated Maimuna: The Prophet used to pray while I used to sleep beside him during my periods (menses) and in prostrations his garment used to touch me. And who says in Islam women annul prayers?

More to come,
Re: Glorious Quran by shahan(f): 5:24pm On Jan 13, 2007
mukina2:

shaitan . .what past?

i am confused . . .really . .confused . .puzzled really puzzled . . undecided undecided

Sorry about the long delay . . . t'was friends and all.

I had an Islamic past - until God helped me to come face to face with the truth I had virulently denied in Christianity. But I trust that as issues are presented about what is not often made obvious in Islam, you can get help that will bring you to salvation in Jesus Christ.

God bless, mukina2.
Re: Glorious Quran by shahan(f): 5:56pm On Jan 13, 2007
gists:

Sallam alykum
I have never hit my woman too. The worst I've done is to shout. And that's just being honest. . .

I qouted the hadith to prove that if we muslims have to follow our leader, then we wouldn't hit our women as he (Muhammad) did not hit her even when he  was very angry. That should be obvious from the hadith.

@gist. . . Just being honest, is it obvious from the hadith that Muhammad hit Aisha or he did not?

babyosisi:

and who says Muhammad never hit a woman

They're just propounding theories to cover up what Muhammad actually did:

gists:

Translation of Sahih Muslim, Book 4, Number 1787:
". . . When the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) saw how I was affected (by a wrong idea), he struck my chest, whereupon I broke into sweating and felt as though I were looking at Allah with fear."

@gist. . . Again, just being honest, is it obvious from the hadith that Muhammad hit Aisha or he did not?

Book 004, Number 2127:
I said: Messenger of Allah, may my father and mother be ransom for you, and then I told him (the whole story). . . .He said: Was it the darkness (of your shadow) that I saw in front of me? I said: Yes. He struck me on the chest which caused me pain and then said: Did you think that Allah and His Apostle would deal unjustly with you? She said: Whatsoever the people conceal, Allah will know it.

The excuses you propounded are clever, but it's not new - that's what muslim apologists have been doing to date. The simple question is not why Muhammad hit a woman; rather, did he hit her at all or not? The excuses not withstanding, you had said earlier:

gists:

he (Muhammad) did not hit her even when he  was very angry. That should be obvious from the hadith.

. . . but from her own lips, is it obvious afterall that Muhammad had hit Aisha at all or not??
Re: Glorious Quran by Nobody: 8:10pm On Jan 13, 2007
@babyosisi
Firstly, let me agree that it will be a revelation for me to find that the prophet (SAW) hit any woman. However, I have not seen any proov as yet to that effect! The hadith quoted is misinterpreted and even the answere lies within the passage! But first lets look at another similar hadith

dear gists,nobody buys your escapists moves.
Even Mukina2 is not buying that nonsense
It finally hit you that Muhammad was a batterer and suddenly the same things you quote at us have a wrong interpretation.
What did he do?Kiss her?
If you had told me Muhammad was a mere man and could have lost his temper,that would have been the end of the story but for you to give us the crap about wrong interpretaton makes you look bad.
And to deflect it with some other hadiths whose meanings you don't question is rather lame
Give me the right interpretation then since we don't know the meaning of hitting on the chest.
Re: Glorious Quran by mukina2: 8:24pm On Jan 13, 2007
this is so sad. , too bad cry cry cry undecided undecided
Re: Glorious Quran by Nobody: 8:26pm On Jan 13, 2007
This is another interesting one of Mohammeds arbitrations.
An abused woman wishes to return to her ex husband Rifaa who must have treated her better.
Muhammad advises that she must first have sexual intercourse with the abusive husband Abdur rahman before leaving him.
So much for his high regard of women.

read on

[b]"Narrated Ikrima: 'Rifaa divorced his wife whereupon Abdur-Rahman married her. Aisha said that the lady came wearing a green veil and complained to her (Aisha) and showed her a green spot on her skin caused by beating. It was the habit of ladies to support each other, so when Allah's messenger came, Aisha said, "I have not seen any woman suffering as much as the believing women. Look! Her skin is greener than her clothes! When Abdur-Rahman heard that his wife had gone to the prophet, he came with his two sons from another wife. She said, "By Allah! I have done no wrong to him, but he is impotent and is as useless to me as this," holding and showing the fringe of her garment. Abdur-Rahman said, "By Allah, O Allah's messenger! She has told a lie. I am very strong and can satisfy her, but she is disobedient and wants to go back to Rifaa." Allah's messenger said to her, "If that is your intention, then know that it is unlawful for you to remarry Rifaa unless Abdur-Rahman has had sexual intercourse with you." The prophet saw two boys with Abdur-Rahman and asked (him), "Are these your sons?" On that Abdur-Rahman said, "Yes." The prophet said, "You claim what you claim (that he is impotent)? But by Allah, these boys resemble him as a crow resembles a crow."" (Hadith, Bukhari, vol. 7, # 715) [/b]
Re: Glorious Quran by Nobody: 8:43pm On Jan 13, 2007
A closer look at 6 translations of the Koranic verse in question.
Notice that only one has beat lightly.
Notice also that lightly is in parentheses to soften it.

Six translations of Qur'an 4:34:

"Men are superior to women on account of the qualities with which God has gifted the one above the other, and on account of the outlay they make from their substance for them. Virtuous women are obedient, careful, during the husband's absence, because God has of them been careful. But chide those for whose refractoriness you have cause to fear; remove them into beds apart, and scourge them: but if they are obedient to you, then seek not occasion against them: verily, God is High, Great!" (Rodwell's version of the Koran, Quran, 4:34)

"Men have authority over women because God has made the one superior to the other, and because they spend their wealth to maintain them. Good women are obedient. They guard their unseen parts because God has guarded them. As for those from whom you fear disobedience, admonish them and send them to beds apart and beat them. Then if they obey you, take no further action against them. Surely God is high, supreme." (Dawood's version of the Koran, Quran, 4:34)

"Men are in charge of women, because Allah has made the one of them to excel the other, and because they spend of their property (for the support of women). So good women are the obedient, guarding in secret that which Allah has guarded. As for those from whom you fear rebellion, admonish them and banish them to beds apart, and scourge them. [/color]Then if they obey you, seek not a way against them. Lo! Allah is ever High Exalted, Great." (Pickthall's version of the Koran, Quran, 4:34)

"Men are the managers of the affairs of women for that God has preferred in bounty one of them over another, and for that they have expended of their property. Righteous women are therefore obedient, guarding the secret for God's guarding. And those you fear may be rebellious [color=#990000]admonish; banish them to their couches, and beat them
. If they then obey you, look not for any way against them; God is All high, All great." (Arberry's version of the Koran, Quran, 4:34)

"Men are the maintainers of women because Allah has made some of them to excel others and because they spend out of their property; the good women are therefore obedient, guarding the unseen as Allah has guarded; and (as to) those on whose part you fear desertion, admonish them, and leave them alone in their sleeping places and beat them; then if they obey you, do not seek a way against them; surely Allah is High, Great. (Shakir's version of the Koran, Quran, 4:34)

"Men are the protectors and maintainers of women, because Allah has given the one more (strength) than the other, and because they support them from their means. Therefore the righteous women are devoutly obedient, and guard in (the husband's) absence what Allah would have them guard. As to those women on whom part you fear disloyalty and ill conduct, admonish them (first), (next), refuse to share their beds, (and last) beat them (lightly); but if they return to obedience, seek not against them means (of annoyance) for Allah is Most High, Great (above you all). (Ali's version of the Koran, Quran, 4:34)

Ali's additions of words (in brackets) to the Koran in order to change the obvious meaning, remind us of Jehovah's Witnesses who inserted the word [other] several times in Col 1:16-17, into their New World Translation (sectarian paraphrase). Jehovah's Witnesses inserted the extra word several times in order to soften the plain fact that the passage teaches Jesus is not a creature. Likewise, Ali inserted the word (lightly) to soften what the Koran says. If Allah really wanted the word softly inserted, he should have done it himself. Written by Brother Andrew
Re: Glorious Quran by Nobody: 8:49pm On Jan 13, 2007
scourg[/b]e /skɜrdʒ/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[skurj] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation noun, verb, scourged, scourg·ing.
noun 1. a whip or lash, esp. for the infliction of punishment or torture.
2. a person or thing that applies or administers punishment or severe criticism.
3. a cause of affliction or calamity: Disease and famine are scourges of humanity.
–verb (used with object) 4. to whip with a scourge; lash.
5. to punish, chastise, or criticize severely.

[b]beat
/bit/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[beet] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation verb, beat, beat·en or beat, beat·ing, noun, adjective
verb (used with object) 1. to strike violently or forcefully and repeatedly. [/color][color=#990000][color=#990000][/color]
Re: Glorious Quran by Nobody: 8:53pm On Jan 13, 2007
mukina2:

this is so sad. , too bad cry cry cry undecided undecided

see Christs pattern for the family.

Col 3:18   Wives, submit to your own husbands, as is fitting in the Lord.
Col 3:19   Husbands, love your wives and do not be bitter toward them.
Col 3:20   Children, obey your parents in all things, for this is well pleasing to the Lord.
Col 3:21   Fathers, do not provoke your children, lest they become discouraged.
Col 3:22   Bondservants, obey in all things your masters according to the flesh, not with eyeservice, as men-pleasers, but in sincerity of heart, fearing God.
Col 3:23   And whatever you do, do it heartily, as to the Lord and not to men,
Re: Glorious Quran by Nobody: 8:57pm On Jan 13, 2007
and yet another beautiful teaching.

Eph 5:25   Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ also loved the church and gave Himself for her, [/color]Eph 5:26   that He might sanctify and cleanse her with the washing of water by the word,

Eph 5:27   that He might present her to Himself a glorious church, not having spot or wrinkle or any such thing, but that she should be holy and without blemish.

[color=#990000]Eph 5:28   So husbands ought to love their own wives as their own bodies; he who loves his wife loves himself.

Eph 5:29   For no one ever hated his own flesh, but nourishes and cherishes it, just as the Lord does the church.

Eph 5:30   For we are members of His body, of His flesh and of His bones.

Eph 5:31   "For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh."*
Re: Glorious Quran by shahan(f): 12:35pm On Jan 14, 2007
Just wondering. . .

For those muslims who used to struggle with books of the Bible titled after the names of the prophets (e.g., Isaiah, Ezekiel, Jeremiah. . . Matthew, Mark, Luke, John), how would they answer to the funny names of the chapters in the Qur'an? Here:

Qur'an chapter 2 - AL-BAQARA (THE COW)

Qur'an chapter 6 - AL-ANAAM (CATTLE, LIVESTOCK)

Qur'an chapter 13 - AR-RAD (THE THUNDER)

Qur'an chapter 16 - AN-NAHL (THE BEE)

Qur'an chapter 18 - AL-KAHF (THE CAVE)

Qur'an chapter 27 - AN-NAML (THE ANT, THE ANTS)

Qur'an chapter 29 - AL-ANKABOOT (THE SPIDER)

Qur'an chapter 44 - AD-DUKHAN (SMOKE)

Qur'an chapter 53 - AN-NAJM (THE STAR)

Qur'an chapter 54 - AL-QAMAR (THE MOON)

Qur'an chapter 57 - AL-HADID (THE IRON)

Qur'an chapter 91 - ASH-SHAMS (THE SUN)

Qur'an chapter 92 - AL-LAIL (THE NIGHT)

Qur'an chapter 105 - AL-FIL (THE ELEPHANT)

I'm just wondering about the much praised "holy book" of Islam that some muslims are happy to glorify while having problems with some of the Books of the Bible titled after the names of the Biblical prophets.
Re: Glorious Quran by barikade: 11:58pm On Jan 14, 2007
@shahan,

Don't wonder too much about them - they reflect the culture of Muhammad's paganism, from the cow to the elephant.

My question, however, would be: in all the benevolence of Muhammad's "allah", what miracle has he perfomed in order to bless his worshippers? undecided
Re: Glorious Quran by gists: 10:15am On Jan 15, 2007
@babyosisi, shahan, dav, mrpataki
Let me seize this opportunity to sincerely thank you for providing this hadith. The hadith has two important subliminal messages embedded within which proves the points I’ve mensioned in my last post. I’ll like to treat the two points which backs up my claim first. In the hadith, Aisha said, “I have not seen any woman suffering as much as the believing women. look! her skin is greener than her clothes!"

Now do you sincerely THINK that IF the Prophet (SAW) had been giving Aisha regular doses of strikes on her chest as punishment, she’ll still have the gut to approach him and play what can be called “human right activist” in today’s language? Wouldn’t she had rather said to her client “my sister, you’ll have to bear it ooo, I too have been getting strikes on a regular basis. God will help us”. Why do you choose to neglect the hadith I quoted above where the same Aisha specifically in clear-cut term said the “prophet never hit any slave or woman”. I think the two hadiths should be sufficient to debunk that fat lie.

The other hidden message in the same hadith is the fact that woman had the right to protest way back 1400years ago, something they’re just getting of recent. The one I mentioned earlier is that of a woman that complained when her husband refused to perform his duties on her and one full chapter was revealed to solve not only her problem but that of other women in similar situations. Here again in this hadiths is the right of women to protest shown. But this time, the plaintive turned out to be the guilty one. She went to Aisha (rather than the highest human authority at that time) probably to use the influence of Aisha's position to get the ruling in her favour. Aisha acted on emotion and sentiment. You and I know that emotion and sentiment don’t count in any competent judicial system against clearly proven fact, even if you hire the wife of the president as your lawyer.

On the surface, the hadiths at hand seems to portray that women were oppressed in Islam. In reality nothing is farther from the truth. The institution of marriage in Islam is a very important one and all diplomatic measures to keep it intact are employed. That is why divorce is extremely DISCOURAGED but ALLOWED if the couple feels they can’t live together. The woman lied that her new husband was impotent. An allegation he effectively debunked as can be clearly seen. She was first married, divorced her first husband, married another man, filled another divorce just to get back to her first husband. The hadiths is to guide against such indiscriminate divorce practices. If a man (or woman) knows that the only way to get his wife back (or get back to her first husband) is by having sexual intercourse with the present husband and also pray that he (the new husband) agrees to divorce her, then either party will think twice before filling a divorce. I know its not palatable. But that’s the essence- its not supposed to be. And if anybody feels like divorcing indiscriminately, then he or she must be ready to face the unpalatable consequences.

@shahan
What’s is your problem with the titles in the glorious Qur’an. I’ll advice you don’t focus on the title but the messages therein.

@bari_kade
Looking for miracles, this exactly the problem with most xtians especially in Nigeria and that’s why many end up in Pastor King’s church and get burnt alive. Will you not believe in your pastor if he doesn’t perform miracles? In Islam we don’t emphasis miracle so as not to idolize our icon, thus effectively preventing people from worshiping him rather than God. However, if the miracle is your priority and not salvation, I’ll suggest you go and buy the documentary titled “The miracles of the Qur’an”

@mukina2
Asallam Alykum Waramotulah Wabarakatuhu
My dear sister, there is no reason to be sad. Rather we should be greatful and thankful to Allah (SWT) for giving us the ‘life manual’ the Glorious Qur’an. The following is an excerpt from an article I feel its worth shearing. It was written by a woman by the name Fatimah Khaldoon trying to explain far more clearly some of the points I’ve been trying to put across, and also new concepts that I didn’t touch. I hope it will be beneficial to us all (Men inclusive).

Quranic Perspective on Wife beating and Abuse
By:  Fatimah Khaldoon

Domestic violence represented by wife beating or abuse is rampant in this country and around the world. While the exact numbers on domestic violence incidents differ, because this is such an under-reported crime there are statistics on which most experts agree.

1. In 1984 the US Surgeon General declared domestic violence as this nation's number one health problem. (US Surgeon General)
2. A woman is beaten every 15 seconds by her partner; it happens at some time in 25-35 % of American homes; 4,000 women die from such abuse each year. (FBI)
3. Physical abuse by male social partners is the single most common source of injury among women ages 15 to 44, more common than auto accidents, muggings and rape by a stranger combined. (U.S. Surgeon General, 1989)
(censored for too many negative references. I trust your wisdom to figure out where she’s driving at)

Statistics as these should awaken all those in denial of the fact that wife beating and abuse is an endemic disease in all different cultures, religions and communities. It is as common in Western as it is in Eastern societies.

Men in Western (and Eastern) societies do not abuse their wives because of scriptural teachings, but because of a natural instinct of domination and aggression. God, knowing this, has therefore decreed a perfect law to help men control their temper and to solve any problems before resorting to physical aggression.

These statistics reflect the failure of modern societies in treating this perilous condition in men. Despite advances in modern psychology and improved understanding of behavioral patterns of men, civilized and uncivilized, a successful solution to this aggressive behavior has not been found by man.

A solution has however been presented to the world in the Quran, the Final Testament, more than 1400 years ago, in verse 4:34.

[4:34] The men are made responsible for the women, and GOD has endowed them with certain qualities, and made them the bread earners. The righteous women will cheerfully accept this arrangement, since it is GOD's commandment, and honor their husbands during their absence. If you experience rebellion from the women, you shall first talk to them, then (you may use negative incentives like) deserting them in bed, then you may (as a last alternative) beat them. If they obey you, you are not permitted to transgress against them. GOD is Most High, Supreme.

At first glance this verse may appear as if promoting physical abuse of women. But when reading 4:34 carefully (i.e taking a global look at it  and not just the beat part in isolation) one realizes that it actually prohibits abuse and beating of women by using the best psychological approach.

The advise to first talk and then avoid sexual contact, provides the necessary time and space for both parties to cool off, reason, examine the problem and reach a favorable agreement for both of them.

Abuse of a wife will not happen if the man learns to follow the clear commandments of God in this verse and in the order decreed. Abuse will only happen when a man does not follow these commandments, and thus fails to cool off and reason with himself or with his wife.

Sura 4, where we read 4:34, entitled "The Women," is one of the longest chapters in the Quran. It deals with many of the rights and responsibilities of women, rights that were first available to western women only a few decades ago, and some that still aren't. The theme of this Sura is to defend women's rights, and countering injustice and oppression of women. Thus, any interpretation of verses in Sura 4 must be in favor of the women, not the other way around.

**** (Removed to save you from the boredom of plenty stories)

In reality, a believing husband would most probably NEVER come to the stage where he would actually lay a hand on his wife. He would be much too careful to examine his own motives first, as a God fearing man, before exercising this right. As we see in the verse immediately following 4:34, when the marriage reaches this stage it's on it's way to end, as the very next words in the Quran reads; "If a couple fears separation,,,,"

Most women in the world today do not enjoy the protection verse 4:34 grants them. Instead they are unjustly abused, verbally and physically, by unrighteous men in unrighteous ways, and get beaten up for the most trivial of reasons, or for no reason at all. According to 4:34 even if the husband has a good reason, he is not allowed to lay a hand on his wife until he has passed all the previous steps. (According to dav, this is another woman committing fraud with the last sentence)

The woman's responsibility in a marriage starts the day she chooses a husband. If she wants to enjoy her God given rights, she must obey her God given commands, and choose a believing husband (That’s why I said no one will touch you if you marry a muslim). Thus, she can expect from him to treat her in accordance with God's decree, and not transgress against her. She can expect from a believing husband that he will heed any reminder she gives him, if he forgets (Women also has the right to admonish their husbands. But don’t wait till its crisis time to do that. Give him regular doses of strikes of admonition before hand). If she chooses to disregard God's commands, she has to know that there will be consequences.

**** (Trying to condense and make it short)

We also learn that one of the traits of the righteous is that they suppress anger.

[3:134] ",,,They are suppressors of anger, and pardoners of the people. GOD loves the charitable."

The nature and essence of a healthy relationship between a husband and wife is beautifully expressed in the following verse from the Quran:

[ 30:21] Among His proofs is that He created for you spouses from among yourselves, in order to have tranquility and contentment with each other, and He placed in your hearts love and care towards your spouses. In this, there are sufficient proofs for people who think.

[3:195 ]"Their Lord responded to them: "I never fail to reward any worker among you for any work you do, be you MALE OR FEMALE, YOU ARE EQUAL TO ONE ANOTHER,,,,,,,."

When facing difficult times, even if the man dislikes his wife, God has decreed;

[4:19] O you who believe, it is not lawful for you to inherit what the women leave behind, against their will. You shall not force them to give up anything you had given them, unless they commit a proven adultery. You shall treat them nicely. If you dislike them, you may dislike something wherein GOD has placed a lot of good.

And when divorce happens (I pray not), the full respect to the wife is urged,

[2:229] Divorce may be retracted twice. The divorced woman shall be allowed to live in the same home amicably, or leave it amicably. It is not lawful for the husband to take back anything he had given her. However, the couple may fear that they may transgress GOD's law. If there is fear that they may transgress GOD's law, they commit no error if the wife willingly gives back whatever she chooses. These are GOD's laws; do not transgress them. Those who transgress GOD's laws are the unjust.

In conclusion; A BELIEVING wife and a BELIEVING husband will NEVER get to the point where beating of the wife enters the picture. A BELIEVING couple will consult one another and agree on the best way to solve their differences as verse 4:34 and the whole scripture recommends.

**** (Trying to condense and make it short)

God is the Most Just, the Most Merciful.

Now some people might say that this is fairy tale, that it can’t happen “an angry man consulting his wife instead of reaching for his belt?” My advice is that you don’t listen to them. Don’t let them corrupt your mind with fat, white lies about Islam. Use your real-life examples i.e. your uncle and his wife and of course your parents. They are enlightened muslims who have read the Qur'an. Yet they live in harmony.

Ma’sallam
Re: Glorious Quran by shahan(f): 12:12pm On Jan 15, 2007
@Islampride,

Fact on ground is that Muhammad did more than reach out to his belt - he struck Aisha on the chest such that it caused her pain. She said so herself, and any political gist you're cooking up here still does not wash Muhammad's double standards.

gists:

@shahan
What’s is your problem with the titles in the glorious Qur’an. I’ll advice you don’t focus on the title but the messages therein.

Yep, I did just that - went once again into the Qur'an and saw Muhammad's paganism highlighted there; he swore by everything - from the moon, to the star, to the sun, and the night! There's also swearing by "the angels who violently pull out the souls". You can view an outline of this in another thread where I highlighted some of  the paganistic symbols of swearing and oaths in Islam.

gists:

Looking for miracles, this exactly the problem with most xtians especially in Nigeria and that’s why many end up in Pastor King’s church and get burnt alive.

Try not using that as a cheap excuse to deride Christianity. A simple question was asked; and if you can't answer, zip up and don't try deviating to Reverend King's atrocities. Both bari_kade and I as Christians have expressed out minds on the verdict - Rev.-King deserves exactly what he got.

gists:

Will you not believe in your pastor if he doesn’t perform miracles?

Churches differ, but we are not taught to believe in our pastors - whether or not they perform miracles. Rather, we are taught to believe in the Lord Jesus Christ, and on Him alone.

gists:

In Islam we don’t emphasis miracle so as not to idolize our icon, thus effectively preventing people from worshiping him rather than God.

Just put it in simple English: "In Islam we don't have any miracles that *allah performed to better the lives of the needy; thus Muhammad was a fraud who sought to establish his religion by force of the sword."

gists:

However, if the miracle is your priority and not salvation, I’ll suggest you go and buy the documentary titled “The miracles of the Qur’an”

There is no salvation in Islam, nor is there a miracle in Islam. The so-called "miracles of the Qur'an" neither blessed those in need, nor authenticated the claim of Muhammad to be a prophet. Please list the "miracles" discussed in the book you recommended and let's see how *allah blessed the needy.
Re: Glorious Quran by Nobody: 4:08pm On Jan 15, 2007
gists:

@babyosisi, shahan, dav, mrpataki

Now do you sincerely THINK that IF the Prophet (SAW) had been giving Aisha regular doses of strikes on her chest as punishment, she’ll still have the gut to approach him and play what can be called “human right activist” in today’s language? Wouldn’t she had rather said to her client “my sister, you’ll have to bear it ooo, I too have been getting strikes on a regular basis. God will help us”.

I and that hadith never said regular doses.
one blow on the chest ain't better than 2.

Why do you choose to neglect the hadith I quoted above where the same Aisha specifically in clear-cut term said the “prophet never hit any slave or woman”. I think the two hadiths should be sufficient to debunk that fat lie.

and If aisha said this and also told the story where Muhammad struck her on the chest and caused her pain,she either doesn't see herself as a woman or we have just discovered that she is also a bloody liar.

The woman lied that her new husband was impotent. An allegation he effectively debunked as can be clearly seen.

the evidence being the 2 children from previous marriage eh?
so impotent men have always been impotent and no men with children are on viagra and levitra?
Did you read about the ' king of soul' James Brown?

The hadiths is to guide against such indiscriminate divorce practices. If a man (or woman) knows that the only way to get his wife back (or get back to her first husband) is by having sexual intercourse with the present husband and also pray that he (the new husband) agrees to divorce her, then either party will think twice before filling a divorce. I know its not palatable. But that’s the essence- its not supposed to be. And if anybody feels like divorcing indiscriminately, then he or she must be ready to face the unpalatable consequences.

what a sick sick man Muhammad must really be to subject a woman who is done with her marriage to first go get raped by the man she intends to leave.
I doubt if this is a treatment you'll wish for your daughters and sisters.

Most women in the world today do not enjoy the protection verse 4:34 grants them. Instead they are unjustly abused, verbally and physically, by unrighteous men in unrighteous ways, and get beaten up for the most trivial of reasons, or for no reason at all. According to 4:34 even if the husband has a good reason, he is not allowed to lay a hand on his wife until he has passed all the previous steps

There should have been no mention at all of beating if it was not allowed,don't minimise the consequences of such teachings from your "manual of life".

Don’t let them corrupt your mind with fat, white lies about Islam. Use your real-life examples i.e. your uncle and his wife and of course your parents. They are enlightened muslims who have read the Qur'an.

mukina2 every word we've written have been backed up by the Koran and or hadiths.
I believe you are intelligent enough to know who's explaining things away.
By the way no one argues that spousal abuse is not a soceital ill outside of Islam for it is.
However the Bible does not condone it,soceity punishes it fiercely and there are no recommendations on the proper way to do it.
Re: Glorious Quran by Nobody: 5:30pm On Jan 15, 2007
interesting footage of muslim women eating spaghetti.
Enjoy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trevOrKGBVI&mode=related&search=
Re: Glorious Quran by Nobody: 5:39pm On Jan 15, 2007
gists:

The institution of marriage in Islam is a very important one and all diplomatic measures to keep it intact are employed. That is why divorce is extremely DISCOURAGED but ALLOWED if the couple feels they can’t live together.

Really?
Including:
1. Temporary marriages
2. Raping your wife aka forcing her to sleep with you even when she does not want it?
3. beating her for ill-conduct?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11)

Would You Change Your Religion For Love? / We Distributed 74.6 M Bibles In Nigeria In 55 Years – Gideons International / Repentance In The Grave- Is This Possible

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 155
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.