Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,167 members, 7,849,606 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 05:43 AM

Glorious Quran - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Glorious Quran (11991 Views)

Deeper Life Pastor, Kumuyi Predicts Glorious 2015 / Meditations On The Mysteries Of The Holy Rosary ( Sorrowful & Glorious ) / Scientific Miracles Of The Glorious Quran (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Go Down)

Re: Glorious Quran by Nobody: 6:30pm On Jan 15, 2007
He also forgot to add that the only thing a man needs to divorce the woman is say'I divorce you" three times either by himself or through a 3rd party and the divorce is final but the woman only can divorce him in extreme abuse or neglect and has to prove it in court headed by a man.

Remember that her testimony is only half the man's testimony.
So much for the glorious place of women.
Re: Glorious Quran by sophiat(f): 9:48pm On Jan 15, 2007
Mukina,ds is very gud
Re: Glorious Quran by Nobody: 10:11pm On Jan 15, 2007
sophiat:

Mukina,ds is very good

What is very good?
- an inglorious, unintelligent, unitelligible monologue called the quran?
- wife beating?
- temporary marriages?
- Hedonism, debauchery being advertised in some fantasyland called jaanat?
- islamomathematics where 15/12 = 1?

What is very good?
Re: Glorious Quran by gists: 10:03am On Jan 16, 2007
babyosisi:

and If aisha said this and also told the story where Muhammad struck her on the chest and caused her pain,she either doesn't see herself as a woman or we have just discovered that she is also a bloody liar.

Now, its Aisha that lies. Na wao. In fairness your submission would have been valid only if you had factored-in one very important variable into the equation. AISHA DID NOT COMPILE THE HADITH! It was compiled by other men and had they known her to be of questionable character, her narrations would not have been added. Including the one with the strike. Ever wonder why we call her the mother of Islam? Remeber, good mothers don't lie.

babyosisi:

He also forgot to add that the only thing a man needs to divorce the woman is say'I divorce you" three times either by himself or through a 3rd party and the divorce is final but the woman only can divorce him in extreme abuse or neglect and has to prove it in court headed by a man.

And yet again I thank you for reminding me. By the way its four (4) times not three. Let me reciprocate by assisting you with the exact verse since that task looks daunting for you:

"And for those who accuse their wives, but have no witnessess except themselves, let the testimony of one of them be four testimonies (i.e testifies four times) by Allah that he is one of those who speak the truth" Q24:6

Yes, a man can divorce his wife by swearing four time. But that can only happen if the woman in question fails to excersis her own GOD-given rights in the same chapter:

"But it shall AVERT the punishment from her if she bears witness four (4) times by Allah, that he (her husband) is telling a lie." Q24:8

Yet again you have proven that your view on THE GLORIOUS QUR'AN is very myiopic. A man can file for divorce by swearing four times but the woman can NULIFY it by counter swearing four time. To get the whole picture read Q24:6-9

babyosisi:

Remember that her testimony is only half the man's testimony.
So much for the glorious place of women.

Nope, not in all cases. In Islam, justice is genderless. According to the Qur'an, men and women receive the same punishment for crimes such as theft (5:38),fornication (24:2), murder and injury (5:45). They are also equal in reward for any good deeds no matter how small: "He that works evil will not be requited but by the like thereof: and he that works a righteous deed - whether MAN or WOMAN - and is a Believer- such will enter the Garden (of Bliss): Therein will THEY (plural) have abundance without measure."  Q40:40

One legal issue that is widely misunderstood or should I say mischieviously misrepresented is TESTIMONY. A common but like someone put it FANTASTICALLY FABRICATED white, fat lie is that as a "rule," the worth of women's testimony is one half of men's testimony. A survey of all passages in the Qur'an relating to testimony does not substantiate this claimed "rule. Many of the references in the GLORIOUS QUR'AN as regards testimony (i.e witness) do not make any reference to gender. Some references fully equate the testimony of males and females just like the one above. I wonder why they will continue to tell such lies against us.

Women do possess and independent legal entity only in financial matters:
[b]"O ye who believe! When ye deal with each other, in transactions involving future obligations in a fixed period of time, reduce them to writing. Let a scribe write down faithfully as between the parties: let not the scribe refuse to write: as Allah Has taught him, so let him write. Let him who incurs the liability dictate, but let him fear His Lord Allah, and not diminish aught of what he owes. If they party liable is mentally deficient, or weak, or unable Himself to dictate, Let his guardian dictate faithfully, and get two witnesses, out of your own men, and if there are not two men, then a man and two women, such as ye choose, for witnesses, so that if one of them errs, the other can remind her. The witnesses should not refuse when they are called on (For evidence). Disdain not to reduce to writing (your contract) for a future period, whether it be small or big: it is juster in the sight of Allah, More suitable as evidence, and more convenient to prevent doubts among yourselves but if it be a transaction which ye carry out on the spot among yourselves, there is no blame on you if ye reduce it not to writing. But take witness whenever ye make a commercial contract; and let  neither scribe nor witness suffer harm. If ye do (such harm), it would be wickedness in you. So fear Allah; For it is Good that teaches you. And Allah is well acquainted with all things. If ye are on a journey, and cannot find a scribe, a pledge with possession (may serve the purpose). And if one of you deposits a thing on trust with another, let the trustee (faithfully) discharge his trust, and let him Fear his Lord conceal not evidence; for whoever conceals it, - his heart is tainted with sin. And Allah knoweth all that ye do."[/b] Q2:282

We see clearly that the Qur'an says bring two men as witnesses and not produce one man and two women. The only reason when two women comes into the picture is if their is only one man available as witness. Even then the sole purpose of two women is clearly stated as: so that if one of them errs, the other can remind her. The question now is that what if the man errs? Thats why the GLORIOUS QUR'AN stated off with two male witnesses in the first instance.

Interestingly, I stand to be corrected though, the bible does not seem to suggest how to deal with our finantial matters. Why will anybody blindly faults a proven and workable system when what he/she believs does not give any practical/detailed recommendation as to how to deal with daily affairs?

I know your next accusation, but I'll give you the benefit of posting it anyway, it getting increasingly cheap and predictable now

At this point, I'll advice everybody to study independently and search for the truth with open and unbiased mind and take global look of any topic we come across. The first revelation that our Prophet (SAW) got wass READ! There are numerous books, film documentaries, the internet, lectures ,,,,. THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE, SEEK IT.

davidylan:

What is very good?
- an inglorious, unintelligent, unitelligible monologue called the quran?
- wife beating?
- temporary marriages?
- Hedonism, debauchery being advertised in some fantasyland called jaanat?
- islamomathematics where 15/12 = 1?

What is very good?

- an inglorious, unintelligent, unitelligible monologue called the quran? That's ur opinion which u re entitled to
- wife beating? DEBUNKED
- temporary marriages? Pls explain
- Hedonism, debauchery being advertised in some fantasyland called jaanat? Thank you but we believe in it
- islamomathematics where 15/12 = 1? Again, Pls explain
Re: Glorious Quran by shahan(f): 11:00am On Jan 16, 2007
@gist,

I must commend you for the level-headed rejoinders you have exuded of late, and encourage you to keep it up. We are all trying to dialogue and learn why issues are the way they are.

However, when you try to defend the conflicting events spelt out in the hadiths, ain't you conceeding to the fact that Islam is convoluted? Aisha confirms in one hadith that Muhammad struck her on the chest such that it caused her pain; then in another the same Aisha comes up denying that claim. Do I suspect that she made the denial under duress, being held to her throat by the prophet's sword?

From all indications, nevermind what the Qur'an claims, in practice women were regarded on the same level as domestic animals - and from Aisha's complaints, that situation was played out to the letter. Not only during the time of Muhammad, but even now the battering of women in Islamic cultures needs no microscope to see.

We would all have to agree that Muhammad was inconsistent in his claim to be speaking from God. For someone who claimed to be speaking the truth, what would you say about Muhammad's encouraging this:

Ishaq:519
"Hajjaj said to the Apostle, ‘I have money scattered among the Meccan merchants, so give me permission to go and get it.' Having got Muhammad's permission, he said, ‘I must tell lies.' The Apostle said, ‘Tell them.'"
Re: Glorious Quran by Gettolove(m): 3:14pm On Jan 16, 2007
MAY YOUR INDIVIDUAL godS FORGIVE YOU ALL COS I DONT KNOW
Re: Glorious Quran by Nobody: 3:21pm On Jan 16, 2007
gists:

- an inglorious, unintelligent, unitelligible monologue called the quran? That's your opinion which u re entitled to
- wife beating? DEBUNKED
- temporary marriages? Please explain
- Hedonism, debauchery being advertised in some fantasyland called jaanat? Thank you but we believe in it
- islamomathematics where 15/12 = 1? Again, Please explain

grin cheesy cheesy
You dear sir are a hypocritical, two-faced pretender! Wife beating debunked? By who?
I should please explain the issue of temporary marriages? - As it is written in Sura IV. Nisa'a-"The Women" (verse 24): "To women whom you choose in temporary and conditional (muwaqat and muta'a) marriage, give their dowry, as a duty."
Should i explain again?

Islamomathematics? - Read the explanation here!
Re: Glorious Quran by Nobody: 7:03pm On Jan 16, 2007
gists:

Now, its Aisha that lies. Na wao. In fairness your submission would have been valid only if you had factored-in one very important variable into the equation. AISHA DID NOT COMPILE THE HADITH! It was compiled by other men and had they known her to be of questionable character, her narrations would not have been added. Including the one with the strike. Ever wonder why we call her the mother of Islam? Remeber, good mothers don't lie.

I can see you'll go to any extent to defend what needs no defence.
Aisha cannot tell us the prophet has never hit anyone and also tell us she was struck in the chest by the same prophet.
I've always known since high school that Islam permits telling lies in certain situations so this must be a situation she had to tell a lie to comfort the woman that had come to her,abused.
Now what say ye about this
Ishaq:519
"Hajjaj said to the Apostle, ‘I have money scattered among the Meccan merchants, so give me permission to go and get it.' Having got Muhammad's permission, he said, ‘I must tell lies.' The Apostle said, ‘Tell them.'"

Another wrong interpretation? because if you say so,there are several other areas permitting lies, from whence that came.
Re: Glorious Quran by Nobody: 7:17pm On Jan 16, 2007
gists:

Women do possess and independent legal entity only in financial matters:
[b]"O ye who believe! When ye deal with each other, in transactions involving future obligations in a fixed period of time, reduce them to writing. Let a scribe write down faithfully as between the parties: let not the scribe refuse to write: as Allah Has taught him, so let him write. Let him who incurs the liability dictate, but let him fear His Lord Allah, and not diminish aught of what he owes. If they party liable is mentally deficient, or weak, or unable Himself to dictate, Let his guardian dictate faithfully, and get two witnesses, out of your own men, and if there are not two men, then a man and two women, such as ye choose, for witnesses, so that if one of them errs, the other can remind her. The witnesses should not refuse when they are called on (For evidence). Disdain not to reduce to writing (your contract) for a future period, whether it be small or big: it is juster in the sight of Allah, More suitable as evidence, and more convenient to prevent doubts among yourselves but if it be a transaction which ye carry out on the spot among yourselves, there is no blame on you if ye reduce it not to writing. But take witness whenever ye make a commercial contract; and let neither scribe nor witness suffer harm. If ye do (such harm), it would be wickedness in you. So fear Allah; For it is Good that teaches you. And Allah is well acquainted with all things. If ye are on a journey, and cannot find a scribe, a pledge with possession (may serve the purpose). And if one of you deposits a thing on trust with another, let the trustee (faithfully) discharge his trust, and let him Fear his Lord conceal not evidence; for whoever conceals it, - his heart is tainted with sin. And Allah knoweth all that ye do."[/b] Q2:282

We see clearly that the Qur'an says bring two men as witnesses and not produce one man and two women. The only reason when two women comes into the picture is if their is only one man available as witness. Even then the sole purpose of two women is clearly stated as: so that if one of them errs, the other can remind her. The question now is that what if the man errs? Thats why the GLORIOUS QUR'AN stated off with two male witnesses in the first instance.

at least your subtitle says women only posses independent rights only in financial matters
I guess all muslim women should cheer for this.
How nice of you to try to paint good pictures.
It is well known,the debased nature of Islamic women.
You only have to see the practice at the birthplace of Islam and see how" highly" Saudi women are placed.

Read this,and see what Mohammed had to say about women and their place in legal issues.

[b]In Islam, a woman's testimony is worth half the testimony of a man's, as both the Qur´an and the Hadith state. The Qur´an says, ", if the two be not men, then one man and two women, such witnesses as you approve of, that if one of the two women errs the other will remind her, " (Sura al-Baqara 2:282). Muhammad accounted for this rule by the deficiency of woman's intelligence: Once the Messenger of God went out to a prayer place to offer the prayer of Greater Bairam or Lesser Bairam. He passed by the women and said, "O women! Give alms, as I have seen that the majority of the dwellers of Hell- fire were you [women]." They asked, "Why is it so, Messenger of God?" He replied, "You curse frequently and are ungrateful to your husbands. I have not seen anyone more deficient in intelligence and religion than you. A cautious sensible man could be led astray by some of you." The women asked, "What is deficient in our intelligence and religion, Messenger of God?" He answered, "Is not the evidence of two women equal to the witness of one man?" They replied in the affirmative. He said, "This is the deficiency in your intelligence. Isn't it true that a woman can neither pray nor fast during her menses?" The women replied in the affirmative. "This is the deficiency in her religion," he said.(1) [/b]
Re: Glorious Quran by shahan(f): 7:18pm On Jan 16, 2007
@babyosisi,

babyosisi:

Another wrong interpretation? because if you say so,there are several other areas permitting lies, from whence that came.

Let's just play with our muslim friends for a while. . . it sort of spices their theories and lies all the more. Please don't release the several other areas until we read their reaction to the above.
Re: Glorious Quran by Nobody: 7:35pm On Jan 16, 2007
Thanks Shahan,lets summarize so far,the conversation of the last few days.

1. Women in Islam can be beaten"lightly" if they are of "bad behaviour" and the husband decides what the bad behaviour is.

2. A man can marry up to 4 wives as long as he convinces himself he can love them equally(we all know Mohammeds favorite wife so he couldn't  even do same) and he doesn't need consent of the other wives to bring in another.

3. Two women are equal to one man since women lack intelligence (this one makes me kind of mad then again he's talking about Muslim women)

@ gists is it possible that aisha made the statement that Muhammad had never struck any man or woman before he actually did strike her and others?
Because as you may know,there are other hadiths where he struck a man.
Just thought about that now.
In that case aisha was not lying.
The incidences were at different times.
Re: Glorious Quran by mukina2: 8:31pm On Jan 16, 2007
babyosis dnt get me wrong . i wasnt refering to what you posted when i said i am confused and this is soo sad .
i was refering to the fact that you guys go to any extend to try and make Islam look really bad . sad undecided
Re: Glorious Quran by mrpataki(m): 8:35pm On Jan 16, 2007
Sorry Mukina2,
It is not bad, but rather evil and a malicious concept of a man who dedicated his life to spreading false lies here and there, for his own selfish reasons!
Re: Glorious Quran by shahan(f): 8:36pm On Jan 16, 2007
The confusion has nothing to do with going to any length to prove anything or bastardise Islam. Muhammad went far beyond conceivable lengths to bastadise other people, cultures and faiths that didn't seek his hurt. The least anyone can do is remove the scales and expose the tyrant for who he is.
Re: Glorious Quran by Nobody: 9:48pm On Jan 16, 2007
mukina2,we have gone to all lengths not to ridicule you in anyway but to prove that Mohammed was not a good example for anyone.
Anyone who rapes captured females,raids caravans and kills innocent people cannot be a good example and we have given quotations from the Koran and hadiths to support that.

Christ's birth,death,resurrection were propheecied of by Amos,Isaiah,Ezekiel and others,hundreds of years before he was born.
Mohammed corrupted his biblical stories in the Koran,the dead sea scrolls which is dated prior to the Koran prove him wrong.
The Jewish writings prior to the Koran do not deny the crucifixion of Christ and no other religion does.
They only say he was not the Messiah but you know even the Koran agrees he's the messiah.
He led a sinless life and is the only redeemer of man.
Let me leave you with this passage of Christ conversing with his disciples.

Jhn 14:6 Jesus said to him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.
Jhn 14:7 "If you had known Me, you would have known My Father also; and from now on you know Him and have seen Him."

Jhn 14:8 Philip said to Him, "Lord, show us the Father, and it is sufficient for us."
Jhn 14:9 Jesus said to him, "Have I been with you so long, and yet you have not known Me, Philip? He who has seen Me has seen the Father; so how can you say, 'Show us the Father'?
Jhn 14:10 "Do you not believe that I am in the Father, and the Father in Me? The words that I speak to you I do not speak on My own authority; but the Father who dwells in Me does the works.
Jhn 14:11 "Believe Me that I am in the Father and the Father in Me, or else believe Me for the sake of the works themselves.
Jhn 14:12 "Most assuredly, I say to you, he who believes in Me, the works that I do he will do also; and greater works than these he will do, because I go to My Father.
Jhn 14:13 "And whatever you ask in My name, that I will do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.
Jhn 14:14 "If you ask* anything in My name, I will do it.
Re: Glorious Quran by mukina2: 10:25pm On Jan 16, 2007
mrpataki what now

babyosis fact is i dnt know what to say .

shaitan . undecided grin tongue grin
Re: Glorious Quran by shahan(f): 11:42pm On Jan 16, 2007
Lol, muki. . . nevermind, I still have you in my prayers cheesy
Re: Glorious Quran by Nobody: 1:56am On Jan 17, 2007
shahan:

Lol, muki. . . nevermind, I still have you in my prayers cheesy

I have her in my prayers too.
Re: Glorious Quran by muske(f): 7:51am On Jan 17, 2007
babysis,

ve noticed most of your thread that something is missing "upstairs". most of your threads are based on copying, lifting and pasting from another link. now lets get straight to business. i owe you no apology for my tone because you deserve more than. if you are really up to the task, lets open a thread and you with a question and myself a question too and we slug it out there, you and i only without any third party.

@mukina,

no need to be confused, these people have nothing to offer you but destruction having been led astray themseves, you have your Quran with you, so no need to fret.

[b]Posted by: babyosisi  
Insert Quote
mukina2,we have gone to all lengths not to ridicule you in anyway but to prove that Muhammad was not a good example for anyone.

you speak like a lunatic at times. you may continue to ridicule for all i care. you are conversant with the Quran, go there and lift any verse to back your allegations and if you cant it will be better for you to SHUT YOUR MOUTH and remain your nun  or good for you if you have married.

Anyone who rapes captured females,raids caravans and kills innocent people cannot be a good example and we have given quotations from the Koran and hadiths to support that.

Are you saying moses, david and other prophets are not good examples,?clarify pls.

Christ's birth,death,resurrection were propheecied of by Amos,Isaiah,Ezekiel and others,hundreds of years before he was born.

what are you insinuating and will be very appreciative if you can give me those prophesies by Amos, Isaiah, Ezekiel, Moses, John etc. and we create a new thread for you and I

Muhammad corrupted his biblical stories in the Koran,the dead sea scrolls which is dated prior to the Koran prove him wrong.

stop acting like a fool, dont just say things, back it up from the same Koran you mentioned.

The Jewish writings prior to the Koran do not deny the crucifixion of Christ and no other religion does.

but your bible denied it and it even showed that jesus didnt write the Gospel and all those writers couldnt be accounted for. moreso, none of the writers was an eye witness to the scene of crucifiction, theywere just copying and pasting like u always do. (if you are not satisfied, create a thread for you and I).

They only say he was not the Messiah but you know even the Koran agrees he's the messiah.

was he the only messiah? it showed that u only potray yourself as a christian but lack christianity knowledge. stop acting childish, go and learn the origin of messiah, christ and the meaning.

good of you, mind you all prophets led sinless and exemplary life unlike those attributed with rape, pedolphia, murder, fornication etc from your bible.

Jhn 14:6   Jesus said to him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.

all prophets are the way, the truth and life, yes people go to God through prophets acting as intermediary. Peophets came to people telling them how to gain salvation.
am not suprised at you becauce jesus said he speak in parables, hear, you do not hear, see you cant see. he was talking in parables but your senses failed you in that aspect.

all prophets came with the truth, their sayings is being referred to as the truth. thats one of the qualities of every prophet. ability to speak the truth.

their words give life and not they themselves, fool, go and learn. i will teach you your bible.

Jhn 14:7   "If you had known Me, you would have known My Father also; and from now on you know Him and have seen Him."
Jhn 14:8   Philip said to Him, "Lord, show us the Father, and it is sufficient for us."
Jhn 14:9   Jesus said to him, "Have I been with you so long, and yet you have not known Me, Philip? He who has seen Me has seen the Father; so how can you say, 'Show us the Father'?

what are you insinuating?

Jhn 14:10   "Do you not believe that I am in the Father, and the Father in Me? The words that I speak to you I do not speak on My own authority; but the Father who dwells in Me does the works.
Jhn 14:11   "Believe Me that I am in the Father and the Father in Me, or else believe Me for the sake of the works themselves. [/b]

what is the meaning please.

i learnt you know nothing about your so called christianity. i was born and lived in a christian community and went to missionary school. i will teach you christianity. you even claimed muslim is being spread by sword, go to Europe and ask them whether they were forced into ISLAM having forgotten the countless number of people that were killed for refusing to accept the DOCTRINE OF TRINITY.

go over my post and address the issues there and probably create a thread where you and i will slug it out f for f, i will let you know that christianity is not different from paganism and also a manmade religion based on fraud, corruption, etc.
Re: Glorious Quran by muske(f): 7:54am On Jan 17, 2007
babysis,

ve noticed most of your thread that something is missing "upstairs". most of your threads are based on copying, lifting and pasting from another link. now lets get straight to business. i owe you no apology for my tone because you deserve more than. if you are really up to the task, lets open a thread and you with a question and myself a question too and we slug it out there, you and i only without any third party.

@mukina,

no need to be confused, these people have nothing to offer you but destruction having been led astray themseves, you have your Quran with you, so no need to fret.

[b]Posted by: babyosisi
Insert Quote
mukina2,we have gone to all lengths not to ridicule you in anyway but to prove that Muhammad was not a good example for anyone.

you speak like a lunatic at times. you may continue to ridicule for all i care. you are conversant with the Quran, go there and lift any verse to back your allegations and if you cant it will be better for you to SHUT YOUR MOUTH and remain your nun or good for you if you have married.

Are you saying moses, david and other prophets are not good examples,?clarify pls.

birth, death, resurrection, fool.what are you insinuating and will be very appreciative if you can give me those prophesies by Amos, Isaiah, Ezekiel, Moses, John etc. and we create a new thread for you and I

Muhammad corrupted his biblical stories in the Koran,the dead sea scrolls which is dated prior to the Koran prove him wrong.

stop acting like a fool, dont just say things, back it up from the same Koran you mentioned.

but your bible denied it and it even showed that jesus didnt write the Gospel and all those writers couldnt be accounted for. moreso, none of the writers was an eye witness to the scene of crucifiction, theywere just copying and pasting like u always do. (if you are not satisfied, create a thread for you and I).

was he the only messiah? it showed that u only potray yourself as a christian but lack christianity knowledge. stop acting childish, go and learn the origin of messiah, christ and the meaning.

good of you, mind you all prophets led sinless and exemplary life unlike those attributed with rape, pedolphia, murder, fornication etc from your bible.

Jhn 14:6 Jesus said to him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.

all prophets are the way, the truth and life, yes people go to God through prophets acting as intermediary. Peophets came to people telling them how to gain salvation.
am not suprised at you becauce jesus said he speak in parables, hear, you do not hear, see you cant see. he was talking in parables but your senses failed you in that aspect.

all prophets came with the truth, their sayings is being referred to as the truth. thats one of the qualities of every prophet. ability to speak the truth.

their words give life and not they themselves, fool, go and learn. i will teach you your bible.

Jhn 14:7 "If you had known Me, you would have known My Father also; and from now on you know Him and have seen Him."
Jhn 14:8 Philip said to Him, "Lord, show us the Father, and it is sufficient for us."
Jhn 14:9 Jesus said to him, "Have I been with you so long, and yet you have not known Me, Philip? He who has seen Me has seen the Father; so how can you say, 'Show us the Father'?

what are you insinuating?

Jhn 14:10 "Do you not believe that I am in the Father, and the Father in Me? The words that I speak to you I do not speak on My own authority; but the Father who dwells in Me does the works.
Jhn 14:11 "Believe Me that I am in the Father and the Father in Me, or else believe Me for the sake of the works themselves.
[/b]

what is the meaning please.

i learnt you know nothing about your so called christianity. i was born and lived in a christian community and went to missionary school. i will teach you christianity. you even claimed muslim is being spread by sword, go to Europe and ask them whether they were forced into ISLAM having forgotten the countless number of people that were killed for refusing to accept the DOCTRINE OF TRINITY.

go over my post and address the issues there and probably create a thread where you and i will slug it out f for f, i will let you know that christianity is not different from paganism and also a manmade religion based on fraud, corruption, etc.
Re: Glorious Quran by Aggressa(m): 10:46am On Jan 17, 2007
muske:

babysis,

grin grin
@Babyosisi et al,
Ok, do you see what I see? This 'above' sounds and looks like a "she" version of that guy who is always in "I am waiting" mode.
Re: Glorious Quran by shahan(f): 11:16am On Jan 17, 2007
muske:

Please let me know when the thread is open. I guarantee my presence will be registered there to match your pretended scholarship. wink
Re: Glorious Quran by belloti(m): 5:13pm On Jan 17, 2007
Can you see how you can get cowed in by any critical posting. You d rather have mukina alone here to toy with than any one coming in who seem a little less friendly. You are even doubting the anatomical configuration of the person. May be you think a lady cant be so sharp. You guys just hate Islam but why?
Re: Glorious Quran by Nobody: 7:08pm On Jan 17, 2007
muske,there is no need to get your undies all up in a bunch.

That we have proven that those things of Mohammed should be of no mysteries to you,afterall you have the koran and the other writings you follow,I neither wrote nor invented them,I merely quoted them.

Anybody reading your writings and mine can decide for themselves who the word lunatic,correctly describes.
Yes mukina2 read the koran and hadiths and check if we've quoted anything incorrectly and get back to us.

The mere fact that she (mukina2) will not settle as one of many wives or allow herself to be used as a punching bag by a sex crazed maniac like many of you muslim men on this forum speaks volumes of her intelligence.

And to muske I give you a challenge,prove me wrong of all I've said about Islam.
I would not want to change the topic of this thread,we are talking about the "glorious" Koran.
Start another thread if you care and I may answer you if I see fit.

PS
whenever you get this mad,make sure a CPR certified individual is at hand,you may require his services.
and I'm not charging anything for this piece of  advice
Re: Glorious Quran by mrpataki(m): 7:08pm On Jan 17, 2007
Havila:

grin grin
@Babyosisi et al,
Ok, do you see what I see? This 'above' sounds and looks like a "she" version of that guy who is always in "I am waiting" mode.

For all you care to know, might even be the same dull minded fellow who is at it again!

In Nairaland, anything can happen undecided shocked
Re: Glorious Quran by shahan(f): 7:29pm On Jan 17, 2007
It would require a huge faith to believe they're the same. On the one hand, one writes more coherent sentences than the other; but on the other hand. . . anything can happen on NL!! grin
Re: Glorious Quran by Nobody: 7:48pm On Jan 17, 2007
well whoever the he she is let him/her dispute this next tale of Mohammed lying to have a chance at raping a helpless slave.

[b]One-day Muhammad goes to his wife’s house Hafsa the daughter of Omar and finds her maid Mariyah attractive. He sends Hafsa to Omar’s house, telling her that he wanted to see her. When Hafsa leaves, Muhammad takes Mariyah to bed and has intercourse with her. Meanwhile Hafsa, who finds out that her father was not expecting her, returns home much sooner than expected, and to her chagrin finds her illustrious husband in bed with her maid.

She becomes hysteric and forgetting the station of the prophet she shouts and causes a scandal. The prophet pleads with her to calm down and promises not to sleep with Mariah anymore and begs her also not to divulge this secret to anyone else.

However, Hafsa would not control herself and relays everything to Ayisha who also turns against the prophet and jointly with his other wives cause him much anguish. So the prophet decides to punish all of them and not sleep with any one of his wives for one month. Depriving one’s wives sexually is the second grade of punishment recomendedn in Quran. The first level is admonishing, the second level is depriving them of sex and the third level of punishment is beating them. Q. 4: 34.[/b]
Re: Glorious Quran by Nobody: 10:45pm On Jan 17, 2007
Calm down madam muskeito! Your zealousness is taking away your ability to reason grin grin

muske:

babysis,

another escapist strategy? grin You guys have a huge repertoire of them i must say! And why the "no third party" clause? So that you wont be shown up for the idol worshipper you are by so many others? There are thousands of threads swarming with islamic contradictions, you can always present your case with decency there!

muske:

@mukina,

No need to fret? grin Does your husband understand the meaning of ill-conduct? I foresee a wonderful marriage filled with "pats", "light beatings", "chest tappings"! Indeed you have no need to fret!

muske:

a. but your bible denied it and it even showed that jesus didnt write the Gospel and all those writers couldnt be accounted for. moreso, none of the writers was an eye witness to the scene of crucifiction, theywere just copying and pasting like u always do. (if you are not satisfied, create a thread for you and I).

b. They only say he was not the Messiah but you know even the Koran agrees he's the messiah.

c. was he the only messiah? it showed that u only potray yourself as a christian but lack christianity knowledge. stop acting childish, go and learn the origin of messiah, christ and the meaning.

a. Where did the bible deny the crucifiction of Christ? Is anyone arguing with you that Jesus wrote the gospels? Which writers cannot be accounted for? Mathew, Mark, Dr. Luke and John who wrote revelations?
None of the writers was an eyewitness? - Mathew and John for example?
Copying and pasting? From where? Did they have the internet in those days? Where did Mark copy his gospel from? The gospel of mohammed?
Mohammed did not even teach you to tell good lies!

b. Oh did the quran agree Jesus Christ is the Messiah? Excellent!

c. Please show us the other Messiahs, we might not be as knowledgeable as you! What is the meaning and origin of Christ? Do you know?

muske:

I agree with you that ALL prophets IN THE BIBLE led exemplary lives but not necessarily sinless lives. But our God who is rich in mercy, unlike one certain allah who puts all women in the hotest part of hell for simple disobedience to their slave owners sorry husbands, cleansed them from all unrighteousness.
Which prophets are accused of pedophilia in the bible? Rape? which prophets are you talking about here? The maurading bandit who gave you the fraud called islam?

muske:

Now i know that thou art totally confused! If the quality of a prophet is merely the ability to speak the truth then all of us must be prophets too!
Re: Glorious Quran by Aggressa(m): 11:15pm On Jan 17, 2007
belloti:

Can you see how you can get cowed in by any critical posting. You d rather have mukina alone here to toy with than any one coming in who seem a little less friendly. You are even doubting the anatomical configuration of the person. May be you think a lady can't be so sharp. You guys just hate Islam but why?

@Bellotiiiiiii, grin grin grin grin grin grin
Haba, is muske's post what you, of all peoples, call "critical posting"? C'mon Belloti, I am not surprised because you've said it before that you'll alway be on the side of a 'jammat', regardless of how docile, stupid and intrepid that particualar position might be. You've confirmed it, again and again.
I dont know the definition of your 'sharp' but did your allah not say "we made Eve stupid" and did muhammed not say most of the occupants of hell are women becuase they are stupid and disobey their husbands? Is that why you think I infered she is not sharp simply because I compared her to babs787? Are you indirectly saying babs is stupid?
We just analysed her aggressive and empty post without regard to gender and no where did anybody say anything about sharp or not sharp. But because of what you already have in mind about women, you are quick to jump to the conclusion.
As per your question, the answer is affirmative because Islam is the work of the devil and we've been instructed to expose all satanic works, and rebuke them with no 'political-correctness'. Islam is deception and a sin; it is the ultimate rebellion against the Living God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob just like homosexuality and bestiality, paedophilia, etc
Re: Glorious Quran by belloti(m): 10:02am On Jan 18, 2007
Havila, am getting used to your domineering and egocentric postulations. However, always quote me correctly and never infer to what i never said. Having said this, i also know your stand totally against Islam and sometimes even harshly. That never take away anything from it. with millions of people like you the world over, Insha Allahu Islam shall flourish and The Truth shall prevail. So dont think you are making negative impact by always being so loud on nairaland while we choose to show some civility.
Re: Glorious Quran by texazzpete(m): 2:01pm On Jan 18, 2007
@belloti, mukina, muske

There's only one group of posters making wild, unsubstantiated and baseless claims. It doesn't need an einstein to figure it out. Whenever you guys make a dig at the bible, please have the common sense (and guts) to back it up with quotes and verses as your 'adversaries' have done.

@davidylan, babyosisi, mrpataki, shahan et al

Thanks for providing me with an interesting read! I'm really impressed with what u guys have dug up. It should be instructive for these people to realise that you guy shave pored over the quran and come out unswayed by the arguments within. I wonder how many of them who bad-mouth the Bible have actually bothered to read it?

Nice one, guys!
Re: Glorious Quran by shahan(f): 2:06pm On Jan 18, 2007
texazzpete:

I wonder how many of them who bad-mouth the Bible have actually bothered to read it?

Precisely the point. And not to be guilty of the same allegation, even after becoming a Christian, I re-read the Qur'an along with the Hadith. there's no way a consciencious soul would defend Muhammad's claim as a prophet. More to come. wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11)

We Distributed 74.6 M Bibles In Nigeria In 55 Years – Gideons International / Repentance In The Grave- Is This Possible / Would You Change Your Religion For Love?

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 134
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.