Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,153 members, 7,811,305 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:49 AM

Sir Victor Uwaifo, The Nigerian Musician Who Saw A Real Mermaid - Celebrities (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Sir Victor Uwaifo, The Nigerian Musician Who Saw A Real Mermaid (74527 Views)

Sir Victor Uwaifo: "Simi Is In Trouble For Stealing From Me" / Did Jaywon Steal Victor Uwaifo Song? Watch As He Addresses The Issue On Sisilizz / Simi, Jaywon Remixed ‘joromi’ Without My Permission – Sir Victor Uwaifo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sir Victor Uwaifo, The Nigerian Musician Who Saw A Real Mermaid by cupidhero(m): 8:34pm On Sep 04, 2015
dboss444:
Mermaids dnt exist, how funny. Every nation in the world has it's own indigenous story about mermaids. I mean from africa to america to asia all have stories of mermaids, so the world is mad and microscopic few guys on nairaland are super intelligent that nothing they have nt seen dnt exist. Nawa oh
If civilizations and cultures which never crossed paths could draw a dragon and a mermaid the same way with a small difference then there is a big possibility it actually exists or someone or a group of people with the power of manipulating our thought and psychosphere is responsible for these beliefs.
Re: Sir Victor Uwaifo, The Nigerian Musician Who Saw A Real Mermaid by pimplucious: 8:42pm On Sep 04, 2015
modelmike7:
If you see mammy water o, never never run away......... Chai! When men were boys!

Guy by now u go don grow gray hair don't turn GP (grand papa)
Re: Sir Victor Uwaifo, The Nigerian Musician Who Saw A Real Mermaid by cupidhero(m): 8:42pm On Sep 04, 2015
oreos:

Acxordjng to the Qur'an, they are pre-adamic.

I don't know of that but ypu should know that every living and no!-living things were created by God.
Nice! I never read that far in the Qu'ran...i usually spend time reading about the similarities between dajjal and anti-christ.

Will look that up. Cool!
Re: Sir Victor Uwaifo, The Nigerian Musician Who Saw A Real Mermaid by Onliie(m): 8:48pm On Sep 04, 2015
kevoh:

WHAT IF? That's mere speculation and not empirical proof. It's quite normal for the human mind to exagerate scenarios and modifications are made to spur heroism or religious acts as the stories are passed through generations assuming humans co-existed with dinosaurs. We have all seen dinosaur bones and have been able to differentiate them and their feeding pattern through their dentition. You do know what fire is composed of right, so can you give us/explain how the dinosaur anatomy made it possible to breathe fire?

All you have mentioned here are living things we have seen, felt, observed,measured its voltag, can easily point to enough undoctored video evidence for just anyone without sounding like someone high on weed but alas your mermaid myth isn't one of them. Empirical proof brother!
just answer the question, how come many divergent cultures all have stories of mermaids. I'm not saying authoritatively mermaids exist or existed, I just like to keep an open mind unlike you who already sure they don't exist. You're so sure, yet 95% of the ocean remains unexplored. What creatures do you know live in the deep ocean. You have already made up your mind, you can never be enlightened.

1 Like

Re: Sir Victor Uwaifo, The Nigerian Musician Who Saw A Real Mermaid by Nobody: 9:04pm On Sep 04, 2015
pimplucious:

Guy by now u go don grow gray hair don't turn GP (grand papa)
......... You are not far from the truth o my broda, grey hair don dey show! The more the Grey, the more the Grace!

1 Like

Re: Sir Victor Uwaifo, The Nigerian Musician Who Saw A Real Mermaid by kevoh(m): 9:16pm On Sep 04, 2015
Onliie:
just answer the question, how come many divergent cultures all have stories of mermaids. I'm not saying authoritatively mermaids exist or existed, I just like to keep an open mind unlike you who already sure they don't exist. You're so sure, yet 95% of the ocean remains unexplored. What creatures do you know live in the deep ocean. You have already made up your mind, you can never be enlightened.
If different cultures had stories of mermaids does that give ANY TANGIBLE PROOF that mermaids are real? Seems you want to keep living in the ancient days when cave minds ruled the day. Different cultures (From the Egyptians to Native Americans) had it that performing ceremonial rain dances will cause rain to fall, does that mean that DANCING CAN CAUSE RAIN compared to our present knowledge of how rain forms...

I have an open mind hence what is called EMPIRICAL PROOF/EVIDENCE which means prove beyond doubt that it is existing or even existed then we all can take your myth serious. The deep Ocean is home to many living things that have been discovered (with tangible and observable EVIDENCE)and also yet to be discovered living things (WHICH SHALL BE PUT TO EMPIRICAL EVIDENCE TESTING)and as it stands, you have not provided any tangible proof of mermaids existence other than dem say dem say from people probably high on weed therefore I am putting your mermaid myth in waste bin till you prove otherwise. Stop claiming you have an open mind or anything about enlightenment because right now you are behaving like someone in a closed box.
Re: Sir Victor Uwaifo, The Nigerian Musician Who Saw A Real Mermaid by shumuel(m): 9:16pm On Sep 04, 2015
Orikinla:
. Only atheists don't believe mermaids exist. Marine spirits exist. My father of blessed memory communicated with them in different tongues. My mother told me of the one she saw in Jos when she was a child. I have not seen one, but young women with relationship with marine spirits came into my life several times and one of them was an ex-girlfriend who confessed to me how a python came out of her during a Christian deliverance service. Then two of her close girlfriends who also wanted to sleep with me told me that she was still keeping the white ceramic plates she used for rituals. A buddy told me of his girlfriend who once manifested in the night when her feet suddenly turned to something like tail fin of a fish with water, and he fled. My father always said both of us came from water, but I rejected that. But another mystery is my elder sister who does not use canoe or boat, because she said the marine spirits will come for her. Another elder sister of blessed memory died after she crossed a river at midnight on an errand for our mother. Our people said no child could cross the river without canoe or boat. So, they told my mother that my sister was gone and only came to deliver what my mother wanted. Yes. There are mermaids. But I believe, my close relationship with God scares them away from coming directly to me in their true form. From the Holy Bible, when satan and his fallen angels were cast down to earth, many of them had relationships with humans, animals, fish and other creatures and became the demons often called myths. But they are real and exist till date. But you cannot see them with ordinary eyes. If you doubt the existence of mermaids, then you cannot believe in the existence of angels.

God bless you bro, i was once an unbeliever of myths, i only believed in science but i always had it at the back of my mind that it must exist(as long as it had an English name) thank God i had an encounter with one in 2012, she even still on my Facebook list till date, i saw i never knew she was, not until she displayed in front of me, i mean i saw act like a witch, that was the day she confessed, even her mum and grandmother were same, infact all the time she was always around me her fellow mermaids will come and play with her, all i knew was she would just want to be alone, kept smiling and laughing on her own, with me beliveing maybe she was chating with someone online because she would always have her phone in hand, omo the girl set die, though dark skined, she looks like the popular actress Mercy Johnson, that day was the day i became a celibate, me wey wan bleep the girl like my life depended on it, not knowing the girl i was disturbing was a Marmaid.

They are real and i have heard of many that had had an encounter with them, me inclusive.

2 Likes

Re: Sir Victor Uwaifo, The Nigerian Musician Who Saw A Real Mermaid by GOFRONT(m): 9:25pm On Sep 04, 2015
Oldskool.......Joromi oo Jomi jo!!!!!! God bless u sir!!
Re: Sir Victor Uwaifo, The Nigerian Musician Who Saw A Real Mermaid by Teophilus96(m): 9:48pm On Sep 04, 2015
Orikinla:
. Only atheists don't believe mermaids exist. Marine spirits exist. My father of blessed memory communicated with them in different tongues. My mother told me of the one she saw in Jos when she was a child. I have not seen one, but young women with relationship with marine spirits came into my life several times and one of them was an ex-girlfriend who confessed to me how a python came out of her during a Christian deliverance service. Then two of her close girlfriends who also wanted to sleep with me told me that she was still keeping the white ceramic plates she used for rituals. A buddy told me of his girlfriend who once manifested in the night when her feet suddenly turned to something like tail fin of a fish with water, and he fled. My father always said both of us came from water, but I rejected that. But another mystery is my elder sister who does not use canoe or boat, because she said the marine spirits will come for her. Another elder sister of blessed memory died after she crossed a river at midnight on an errand for our mother. Our people said no child could cross the river without canoe or boat. So, they told my mother that my sister was gone and only came to deliver what my mother wanted. Yes. There are mermaids. But I believe, my close relationship with God scares them away from coming directly to me in their true form. From the Holy Bible, when satan and his fallen angels were cast down to earth, many of them had relationships with humans, animals, fish and other creatures and became the demons often called myths. But they are real and exist till date. But you cannot see them with ordinary eyes. If you doubt the existence of mermaids, then you cannot believe in the existence of angels.
Re: Sir Victor Uwaifo, The Nigerian Musician Who Saw A Real Mermaid by phyllosilicate(m): 9:59pm On Sep 04, 2015
My primary school was close to his house, it had a giant status of a 'mammy water'.
Re: Sir Victor Uwaifo, The Nigerian Musician Who Saw A Real Mermaid by Nobody: 10:08pm On Sep 04, 2015
gbosaa:

Who were those present when the Python came out of your ex? Which church, shrine or venue did this happen? Where? When?

sorry about your sister, you said that no child could cross a river without a boat or canoe. How did your sister cross the river then? Did she swim, surf or? Which river was that? Where was she going? What time of the night? Who sent her on the errand?

grin grin grin grin
Really love d questions.
My advice to u, stop wasting ur time debating about myths with these pple. Pple will always believe what they want to believe. Facts do not change pple's mentality. Infact, d more u try to present facts to some, d more they harden their minds on their nonsensical beliefs.
Let's just call it a glitch in the human reasoning process.
Leprechauns, reptilian-like aliens, bigfoot, lochness monster, mermaids, griffins, fairies, goblins, vampires, etc....some pple will swear on their lives that they see such things. It all depends on d belief system (and sometimes geography) of the culture involved.

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

2 Likes

Re: Sir Victor Uwaifo, The Nigerian Musician Who Saw A Real Mermaid by Nobody: 10:12pm On Sep 04, 2015
gbosaa:

Who were those present when the Python came out of your ex? Which church, shrine or venue did this happen? Where? When?

sorry about your sister, you said that no child could cross a river without a boat or canoe. How did your sister cross the river then? Did she swim, surf or? Which river was that? Where was she going? What time of the night? Who sent her on the errand?

grin grin grin grin
Really love d questions.
My advice to u, stop wasting ur time debating about myths with these pple. Pple will always believe what they want to believe. Facts do not change pple's mentality. Infact, d more u try to present facts to some, d more they harden their minds on their nonsensical beliefs.
Let's just call it a glitch in the human reasoning process.
Leprechauns, reptilian-like aliens, bigfoot, lochness monster, mermaids, griffins, fairies, goblins, vampires, etc....some pple will swear on their lives that they see such things. It all depends on d belief system (and sometimes geography) of the culture involved.

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein
Re: Sir Victor Uwaifo, The Nigerian Musician Who Saw A Real Mermaid by macof(m): 10:13pm On Sep 04, 2015
Orikinla:

It was not from the internet. It was only posted online.

Mammy Water is as real as other demons on earth.
Rotimi47:
Mermaids are real as I heard stories from a guy whose cousin saw one & he almost died, likewise a local documentary made in Lagos had typical local fishermen interviewed on the issue of mermaid & they responded saying they encounter them once in a while & that 2 kinds exists, the wicked ones who don't like humans & as such attack them & the good ones who help them catch lots of fishes. As for me there is no good mermaid as they're all demons.

How did mermaids become demons? I guess in ur little head dolphins are demons too
Re: Sir Victor Uwaifo, The Nigerian Musician Who Saw A Real Mermaid by demarc001: 10:17pm On Sep 04, 2015
lawanson44:
I was almost buying into his story until i read this:

Mammy Water is a Nigerian Acronym for Mermaid...abi the mermaids get Pidgin speaking section for Atlantic ocean?

Am not supporting the existence or not...

So if truly they exist, are u expecting "mammy water living in Nigeria water" to speak FRENCH or SPANISH?
Re: Sir Victor Uwaifo, The Nigerian Musician Who Saw A Real Mermaid by macof(m): 10:19pm On Sep 04, 2015
Orikinla:

Mermaids = Spirits. ... you are not normal
Mermaids are biological creatures. ..completely physical ... anything physical is not a spirit
Dumbass undecided
Re: Sir Victor Uwaifo, The Nigerian Musician Who Saw A Real Mermaid by emmansus(f): 10:28pm On Sep 04, 2015
Victor owaifo geeeeeerareheaaaaAaaaaa,I dey teeeeehhhh u hiannnnnnnnn mami water kwaaaaaaaaa o
Re: Sir Victor Uwaifo, The Nigerian Musician Who Saw A Real Mermaid by bigass123(m): 10:34pm On Sep 04, 2015
Look at your mouth.. undecided
Come to PH.. Bring your bf or your brother and within a month, their testimony will convince you. Many fish-like girls full here oh. Dem fine pass angels. They don't even hide their true identities these days. They tell you to your face.. So you behave well. Stop being a miss Thomas, these are too real to be ignored. I have friends who have encountered them. Some of them can be very kind.

Bibidear:
Not believing joor,its all myth
Re: Sir Victor Uwaifo, The Nigerian Musician Who Saw A Real Mermaid by iamehmakute(m): 10:59pm On Sep 04, 2015
my mom once told me that her family worshipped them,that she was born into it. although not anymore they are now devoted christians. Btw where are nL ladies.its unlikely of them to not comment on a topic
Re: Sir Victor Uwaifo, The Nigerian Musician Who Saw A Real Mermaid by Nobody: 11:18pm On Sep 04, 2015
Mermaids are more real than we humans. If you wanna see one. Visit the big river in your village at night if they exist there or any other water bodies. Light a candle (red,black,blue preferably) call unto them and u shall see. U must be expectant. Let go of your doubts and open your eyes. Believe me, i have seen them. They are the most beautiful thing u will ever see and they love cute dudes a lot. If they like u, dude, u done hammer be thatcheesy . They love music too. One of the things that attract them to me is my rare sopranish vocals. Not forgetting, i believe in the occultic and have practice it once. What we don't know is bigger than us. Mermaids aren't pure humans cause they have supernatural powers and can live pretty long. They are partially immortals and when any of them die. They are good enough to dispose them.

1 Like

Re: Sir Victor Uwaifo, The Nigerian Musician Who Saw A Real Mermaid by Nobody: 12:12am On Sep 05, 2015
HenryDion:
Mermaids are more real than we humans. If you wanna see one. Visit the big river in your village at night if they exist there or any other water bodies. Light a candle (red,black,blue preferably) call unto them and u shall see. U must be expectant. Let go of your doubts and open your eyes. Believe me, i have seen them. They are the most beautiful thing u will ever see and they love cute dudes a lot. If they like u, dude, u done hammer be thatcheesy . They love music too. One of the things that attract them to me is my rare sopranish vocals. Not forgetting, i believe in the occultic and have practice it once. What we don't know is bigger than us. Mermaids aren't pure humans cause they have supernatural powers and can live pretty long. They are partially immortals and when any of them die. They are good enough to dispose them.

But are they more prevalent in places like Calabar, Port Harcourt, Lagos and other riverine areas. Or are they just in any body of water, irrespective of geographic location.
Re: Sir Victor Uwaifo, The Nigerian Musician Who Saw A Real Mermaid by Nobody: 12:26am On Sep 05, 2015
fashrola:
My four years experience at sea (high sea)... I've not seen one yet.. undecided

Abeg help me tell them o.
Did my I.T in an oil company and all through d time we visited the offshore facility, I never saw any damn mammy water.
Was I blind?
Ok not even any of my I.T colleagues.
Were they blind?
Not even d engineers or infact any single worker in d entire facility who had many yrs of experience working in deep sea offshore.
What happened? Were they blind?
Not even any of my friends or those I knew who worked in other offshore facilities.
Were they blind?
And during lunchtime or leisure hrs when we gisted, not a single talk of mammy water!
Not even from d middle-aged cook who always had 'sweet' stories to tell. This was a man who previously worked in different ships as a cook.
And in my 5yrs in uniport, none of my lecturers some of who had worked and still work offshore, ever reported or believed such nonsense.
And all my life, I've never heard or read of a mammy water sighting from any credible source. Not even one!
Not even a single shred of evidence from those who claim to have seen this 'mermaid'.

Human stupidity is indeed infinite

1 Like

Re: Sir Victor Uwaifo, The Nigerian Musician Who Saw A Real Mermaid by Theflint1(m): 12:28am On Sep 05, 2015
HenryDion:
can you actually give a physical description of the one(s) you have seen? Are they anything like what is in the link below? https://www.nairaland.com/1856920/shocking-real-mermaid-found-washed
Re: Sir Victor Uwaifo, The Nigerian Musician Who Saw A Real Mermaid by Theflint1(m): 12:31am On Sep 05, 2015
I am actually enjoying the discussions on the thread, keep up the good work guys smiley smiley smiley. Those that have been "privileged" enough to see mermaids should help with descriptions on how they look. My head never knock reach make I carry go river with blue candle go dey call mammy water, I no wan crase grin grin grin grin
Re: Sir Victor Uwaifo, The Nigerian Musician Who Saw A Real Mermaid by Theflint1(m): 12:34am On Sep 05, 2015
ChokolateBoss:

Abeg help me tell them o.
Did my I.T in an oil company and all through d time we visited the offshore facility, I never saw any damn mammy water.
Was I blind?
Ok not even any of my I.T colleagues.
Were they blind?
Not even d engineers or infact any single worker in d entire facility who had many yrs of experience working in deep sea offshore.
What happened? Were they blind?
Not even any of my friends or those I knew who worked offshore.
Were they blind?
And during lunchtime or leisure hrs when we gisted, not a single talk of mammy water!
Not even from d middle-aged cook who always had 'sweet' stories to tell. This was a man who previously worked in different ships as a cook.
And in my 5yrs in uniport, none of my lecturers some of who had worked and still work offshore, ever reported in such nonsense.
And all my life, I've never heard or read of a mammy water sighting from any credible source. Not even one!
Not even a single shred of evidence from those who claim to have seen this 'mermaid'.

Human stupidity is indeed infinite
The issue was probably never raised because an occasion never arose for it to come up. If you wanna know then you must be willing to know, open your mind.

1 Like

Re: Sir Victor Uwaifo, The Nigerian Musician Who Saw A Real Mermaid by Nobody: 12:41am On Sep 05, 2015
bigass123:
Look at your mouth.. undecided
Come to PH.. Bring your bf or your brother and within a month, their testimony will convince you. Many fish-like girls full here oh. Dem fine pass angels. They don't even hide their true identities these days. They tell you to your face.. So you behave well. Stop being a miss Thomas, these are too real to be ignored. I have friends who have encountered them. Some of them can be very kind.

Shut ur ignorant mouth. Which mami water dey PH? U talk as if 'coming to PH' is d nail that would seal d coffin in d 'mermaid' issue. Is it everyone who stays in PH that believes in mami water? Yes I stay in PH and I've not seen mami water. And I've been here for 8yrs.
Which fish-like girls? grin grin
Which girls wey fine pass angels?
Which girls that confess their 'mermaidness' to ur face?

Pple travel from PH to Bonny every day and no one has seen mamiwater. Or have u seen one with ur eyes? grin
Re: Sir Victor Uwaifo, The Nigerian Musician Who Saw A Real Mermaid by axiliborha(f): 12:54am On Sep 05, 2015
gbosaa:

superstition, superstition, superstition. Anybody can meet a pastor, act weird and claim to be anything. It does not confirm or authenticate the existence of any thing.

Btw, you guys should tell those demons and marine spirits to assist in fighting power problems, robberies, corruptions etc or is it only in Nigeria that demons and bad marine spirits exists??.

its either you don't like God or you are mad.....just know that Nigeria is a more spiritual country than any other country in Africa......don't come here and tell us all that those demons should fight problem you that has two hands and is a physical being what have you don't to help the country can a ghost help to find who their killer was......mind what you write and dont write like a fool
Re: Sir Victor Uwaifo, The Nigerian Musician Who Saw A Real Mermaid by AreaFada2: 2:14am On Sep 05, 2015
Orikinla:

I don't know the veracity of Mermaids generally but this man is very well-educated very well-travelled. I know him fairly well and is a seriously rational guy. This mermaid thing happened in the 1960s. His story ever since has been consistent. At least for some three decades that I have heard it first hand.
If his story was due to superstition or desire for fame, he got fame back in the 1970s especially around Festac 1977, even a national honour/award in the mid-1980s. With many hits before and after Festac, a popular TV show made in his own studio in the 1980s to 1990s. The popularity of Pentecostal Christianity over last 20 years would have made him change story to appear modern, but he didn't.

2 Likes

Re: Sir Victor Uwaifo, The Nigerian Musician Who Saw A Real Mermaid by DedeNkem: 2:45am On Sep 05, 2015
Complete nonsense. Mermaid doesn't exist, it is a myth!
If you believe in the existence of an invisible man in the sky called God, then you also believe Mermaid exists.
Re: Sir Victor Uwaifo, The Nigerian Musician Who Saw A Real Mermaid by Nobody: 2:54am On Sep 05, 2015
axiliborha:
its either you don't like God or you are mad.....just know that Nigeria is a more spiritual country than any other country in Africa......don't come here and tell us all that those demons should fight problem you that has two hands and is a physical being what have you don't to help the country can a ghost help to find who their killer was......mind what you write and dont write like a fool

Are you on heat? calm down and articulate your thoughts and your post would make more sense.

You sound like someone invaded and afflicted with the mad tempers of 14 demons and marine spirits.
Re: Sir Victor Uwaifo, The Nigerian Musician Who Saw A Real Mermaid by OrlandoOwoh(m): 5:13am On Sep 05, 2015
kevoh:

That there are so many stories about Dragons breathing fire across many ''unconnected''cultures and in written texts found in scrolls unearthed by archeologists does not mean Dragons have existed. Not one empirical proof! Your mermaid falls in the same category. Sir, there's nothing to think deep about here. It's a pure waste of time.
Science and spirituality are two parallel lines. They can not explain each other.
Re: Sir Victor Uwaifo, The Nigerian Musician Who Saw A Real Mermaid by OrlandoOwoh(m): 5:31am On Sep 05, 2015
shumuel:

God bless you bro, i was once an unbeliever of myths, i only believed in science but i always had it at the back of my mind that it must exist(as long as it had an English name) thank God i had an encounter with one in 2012, she even still on my Facebook list till date, i saw i never knew she was, not until she displayed in front of me, i mean i saw act like a witch, that was the day she confessed, even her mum and grandmother were same, infact all the time she was always around me her fellow mermaids will come and play with her, all i knew was she would just want to be alone, kept smiling and laughing on her own, with me beliveing maybe she was chating with someone online because she would always have her phone in hand, omo the girl set die, though dark skined, she looks like the popular actress Mercy Johnson, that day was the day i became a celibate, me wey wan bleep the girl like my life depended on it, not knowing the girl i was disturbing was a Marmaid.

They are real and i have heard of many that had had an encounter with them, me inclusive.
Did she change physically?

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Asa Looks Like This Without Glasses & On Makeup (Photo) / Picture Of Wizkid And His "new Girlfriend" / Obi Cubana Gifts His Wife, Ebele, A 2021 Mercedes Benz GLE 53 (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 110
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.