Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,972 members, 7,817,852 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:13 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 - Travel (388) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 (1336284 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (385) (386) (387) (388) (389) (390) (391) ... (646) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Jomiti: 4:50pm On Aug 23, 2019
skyscraper123:

I dunno about number 1
Number 2 however..inform the IOM via mail about the missing passport and ask them for a reschedule so that they can remove your name from the slot they gave you.
I can also tell you for a fact that the Abuja centre is easier to deal with than Lag. My friend did in Lagos while I did in Abuja and he complained terribly of overcrowding while I was done in less than an hour.. no exaggeration.. but I dnt understand what you mean by "faster in terms of appointment"...u can book whenever you want in both centres..buh in Abj..they gave me 9:45 am..i got ther 9:30 and was done by few minutes past 10...i was told to come back by 4pm exactly.. I was back for my certificate by 3:30pm and by 4pm I got my cert.

Thank u so much I appreciate
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Jomiti: 4:51pm On Aug 23, 2019
skyscraper123:

Also I feel u can catch up if u have d money...it all depends on when the passport will be ready.. tb test is a day thing.. u can book your visa biometrics d next day sef..u can book wtout d medical certificate .when doing your visa application and even when booking appointment for biometrics..u re not mandated to submit any document online..u can go for the assist options instead of self upload. .this implies you'll submit d documents on d day of your appointment rather than online... so u can start applying for d visa..pay health surcharge.. then book ur medical appointment... and book your visa appointment even for the day after your med test.. then bear in mind that u can only do this if u re rest assured in urself that u dnt have TB cuz u re taking a huge risk.. for example..if ur passport comes out today the 22nd... u can start ur visa application.. pay d visa fee and health surcharge fee and go into biometrics appointment booking... by that time u must have already gotten an appointment with IOM and let's say it's for the 24th..u can book ur biometrics for 25th... cuz d tb test cert is a day affair provided u do not have TB....I'm also assuming u already had admission and cas before u booked d med test for the 1st tym..
Then as for the visa application..you have to apply for priority or super priority... priority has a waiting period of 5 working days..tho mine took longer I had to ask them about ot sef before they tld me it had been there for pickup since..and it was ready in dat 5days space..only that they dint notify me..and i actually paid to be notified oo.. Super priority they get back to u in 24hrs..dis is ideal 4 ur case buh super expensive..dats all I hv as advice for now...if u want to run a crash course... did is d way..otherwise u can go thru d late Sept admission stuff

Thank you again. Godbless u
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Jomiti: 4:54pm On Aug 23, 2019
Zoey1:
I have used both centres and modus operandi, timing is same.
Do yourself that favour of going on time.
Call in ,explain to them.
Yes I have seen them attend to someone without passport who had a scanned copy because her Dad travelled and had it with him.
So if you have a scanned copy anywhere tell them.
They are human.
Tier 4 Pilot works for anyone who applies to the schools under it in the UK, its not A Nigerian program.
Alot of schools resume late September, use google ASAP.

Thank you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Ladyess: 10:09pm On Aug 23, 2019
Good evening all. Please I need advice on what to do. While filling my visa application form, I used 9 September 2019 as start date and 12 September 2019 instead of 2020 as course end date so the IHS reference number carries no payment receipt because no payment was made. I only found out after I have paid for my visa and I can't make changes in my application again. Please gurus in the house come to my rescue.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Qlip: 12:09am On Aug 24, 2019
Hello Nairalanders,

My Uni has asked me to provide roof of funds for 28 days before CAS is given.
They also said I have to provide a letter of previous refusal if there is any so as to advice on the Visa process.

1. The problem is this is the 20th day and I want to know if it advisable to mail them and send them a copy of the bank statement explaining that its just the 21st day and that I dont intend to apply till the 28th day period has elapsed as I know the implications of applying earlier than 28 days.

2. I want to try this route because the CAS according to them takes 5 working days after submission of the proof of funds and the tuition deposit. If I fail to do this, I might have to wait till the 28th day before submission which means an additional 5 working days-a luxury I cant afford as resumption is 16/09 while the latest date of arrival is 25/09.

3. I know the importance of stating previous refusals when applying to the embassy but I dont know the implications if not disclosed to the school. The refusal was a student visa in Ireland back in 2013 due to negligence.

Inputs are welcome

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Emeraldvoque: 7:09pm On Aug 24, 2019
I will advise you to wait for the 28 days to elapse as you won’t be issued CAS if the money isn’t up to the stipulated number of days in your account. Worst case scenario, you’d opt for priority visa application and get your visa within 5 working days since you’re racing against time.
Secondly, no matter how hard you try to hide your previous refusal, you’d eventually be found out and I want to believe you know the implication of that; your visa could be refused and you could attract a penalty of being banned. So please, be as open and honest as you can in your application.

Qlip:
Hello Nairalanders,

They also said I have to provide a letter of previous refusal if there is any so as to advice on the Visa process.

1. The problem is this is the 20th day and I want to know if it advisable to mail them and send them a copy of the bank statement explaining that its just the 21st day and that I dont intend to apply till the 28th day period has elapsed as I know the implications of applying earlier than 28 days.

2. I want to try this route because the CAS according to them takes 5 working days after submission of the proof of funds and the tuition deposit. If I fail to do this, I might have to wait till the 28th day before submission which means an additional 5 working days-a luxury I cant afford as resumption is 16/09 while the latest date of arrival is 25/09.

3. I know the importance of stating previous refusals when applying to the embassy but I dont know the implications if not disclosed to the school. The refusal was a student visa in Ireland back in 2013 due to negligence.

Inputs are welcome

Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Zoey1: 8:50pm On Aug 24, 2019
1. Do as they say, send to them when its 28days not 20th.
2. Going all the way with your school process helps sometimes.
The interview with my school did a lot for me.
3. Come clean with your school. The better for you, they will still check with UKVI. If you doubt me ,do otherwise.

Qlip:
Hello Nairalanders,

Inputs are welcome

Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by victoryBoss: 6:35am On Aug 25, 2019
Wait for 28 days as your school said. Get your CAS.
You can apply for priority visa. You have a late start date which is good.
Tell your school about your previous refusal and also put it on your visa application.

Qlip:
Hello Nairalanders,

Inputs are welcome

Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Andrepete: 8:33pm On Aug 25, 2019
Hello house, good evening....... Please I need help deciding what to do..... I have previously been denied visas to the following countries
Uk(tourist visa) 2011/2013
US (tourist visa) 2018
Canada (student visa) 2018. The thing is I already declared all of the refusals to the school... But don't know if to declare the US refusal to ukvi as I can't find the refusal letter . Thought about not stating the US refusal since I don't have the refusal letter but I am scared of being found out and punished for it..... Please I need your advice on what to do. Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by TallTony75: 9:38pm On Aug 25, 2019
Andrepete:
Hello house, good evening....... Please I need help deciding what to do..... I have previously been denied visas to the following countries
US (tourist visa) 2018
Canada (student visa) 2018. The thing is I already declared all of the refusals to the school... But don't know if to declare the US refusal to ukvi as I can't find the refusal letter . [b]Thought about not stating the US refusal since I don't have the refusal letter [/b]but I am scared of being found out and punished for it..... Please I need your advice on what to do. Thanks

Your history looks bad. Are you sure intention is for UK tier 4 visa is genuine? I strongly advice that you must state all your previous Visa refusal if not you will get 10 banned for hiding information which will be more damaging to history.

Does the US give refusal letter? Well, I'm just asking.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by dannycrane77: 9:57pm On Aug 25, 2019
Hello guys my cousin has a lil issue, she has been offered admission for Phd 4 years with full tuition waiver from the university. She did her masters also in the UK. The problem is that she is pregnant, her Phd doesn’t start till Feb 2020 she is considering going for visa by November. She intends to state she is pregnant on the visa form.shes going with her spouse and daughter and they have sufficient funds for maintenance and child care for the baby almost 2 years 12,000 pounds.
Is she good to go for tier 4 visa.Considering it’s a PhD for 4years
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Qlip: 4:24am On Aug 26, 2019
thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Qlip: 4:29am On Aug 26, 2019
thank you, I guess I have to wait.
victoryBoss:
Wait for 28 days as your school said. Get your CAS.
You can apply for priority visa. You have a late start date which is good.
Tell your school about your previous refusal and also put it on your visa application.

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Qlip: 4:31am On Aug 26, 2019
Bless. Will forward the refusal to them asap.
Zoey1:
1. Do as they say, send to them when its 28days not 20th.
2. Going all the way with your school process helps sometimes.
The interview with my school did a lot for me.
3. Come clean with your school. The better for you, they will still check with UKVI. If you doubt me ,do otherwise.

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Qlip: 4:33am On Aug 26, 2019
I appreciatae your input.
Emeraldvoque:
I will advise you to wait for the 28 days to elapse as you won’t be issued CAS if the money isn’t up to the stipulated number of days in your account. Worst case scenario, you’d opt for priority visa application and get your visa within 5 working days since you’re racing against time.
Secondly, no matter how hard you try to hide your previous refusal, you’d eventually be found out and I want to believe you know the implication of that; your visa could be refused and you could attract a penalty of being banned. So please, be as open and honest as you can in your application.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by wintabotom: 10:33am On Aug 26, 2019
hi, i think you must declare all refusals in the application form. If you dont have a letter for the USA it doesnt matter. IT IS VERY IMPORTANT TO DECLARE ALL REFUSALS AND EXPLAIN to avoid a BAN
Andrepete:
US (tourist visa) 2018
Canada (student visa) 2018. The thing is I already declared all of the refusals to the school... But don't know if to declare the US refusal to ukvi as I can't find the refusal letter . Thought about not stating the US refusal since I don't have the refusal letter but I am scared of being found out and punished for it..... Please I need your advice on what to do. Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nobody: 10:51am On Aug 26, 2019
dannycrane77:
Hello guys my cousin has a lil issue, she has been offered admission for Phd 4 years with full tuition waiver from the university. She did her masters also in the UK. The problem is that she is pregnant, her Phd doesn’t start till Feb 2020 she is considering going for visa by November. She intends to state she is pregnant on the visa form.shes going with her spouse and daughter and they have sufficient funds for maintenance and child care for the baby almost 2 years 12,000 pounds.

She should only state she is pregnant if she is asked.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Andrepete: 4:17pm On Aug 26, 2019
wintabotom:
hi, i think you must declare all refusals in the application form. If you dont have a letter for the USA it doesnt matter. IT IS VERY IMPORTANT TO DECLARE ALL REFUSALS AND EXPLAIN to avoid a BAN

OK thanks though
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Andrepete: 4:20pm On Aug 26, 2019
TallTony75:

Your history looks bad. Are you sure intention is for UK tier 4 visa is genuine? I strongly advice that you must state all your previous Visa refusal if not you will get 10 banned for hiding information which will be more damaging to history.

OK the 2013 refusal was with my entire family.. Not just me...... I really am a genuine student just that London wasn't my first choice....... The Canada refusal was caused by my stupid agent....... Was going to apply for Canada again but then my admission letter from UK came.. So I decided to leave Canada .
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Zoey1: 4:22pm On Aug 26, 2019
State everything.
You are not the only one who has had refusals, some people have worse records and they still got US, Canada.
UKVI does not need the letter from you if they need to get details.
Even if its 10refusals state all.
It has no bearing on your getting the visa or not getting it.
Hiding it might hurt your application more.
Don't be discouraged no one is a consular officer here nor have a final say for you.
But come out clean.

Andrepete:
US (tourist visa) 2018
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Andrepete: 4:26pm On Aug 26, 2019
TallTony75:

Plus I was in 200l when my family applied for the UK tourist visa.... We were denied cause of insufficient funds... US was a tourist visa just after my Nysc, agent adviced me to use that as travel history since I had non but it was refused due to bad timing I guess...... Canada study visa was rejected cause of lack of funds, lack of travel history ..... Does the history look that bad Please I really don't know what to do..... I am scared now
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Andrepete: 4:28pm On Aug 26, 2019
Zoey1:
State everything.
You are not the only one who has had refusals, some people have worse records and they still got US, Canada.
UKVI does not need the letter from you if they need to get details.
Even if its 10refusals state all.
It has no bearing on your getting the visa or not getting it.
Hiding it might hurt your application more.
Don't be discouraged no one is a consular officer here nor have a final say for you.
But come out clean.

OK thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Zoey1: 4:31pm On Aug 26, 2019
1.Even if she does not declare like someone advised, IOM will make her declare except she wants to hurt her Baby.
2. Even if she's 1month gone now by Dec it will be 5months, Feb 7months which can't be hidden at POE.
3. If she has her funds and even for care then we don't need to tell her what to do.
Let her keep in mind that she can't skip classes or compulsory academic trips, researches as student in the UK.
Will she be able to put up with that stress as a nursing mother should she not have an understanding supervisor?
Her choice.

dannycrane77:
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Zoey1: 4:33pm On Aug 26, 2019
Your history is not bad.
People on here have come out with more horrible history ,even forged documents yet get visas afterwards.
Just focus on what you want and forget the refusals.
After all you didn't submit fake documents.

Andrepete:

Plus I was in 200l when my family applied for the UK tourist visa.... We were denied cause of insufficient funds... US was a tourist visa just after my Nysc, agent adviced me to use that as travel history since I had non but it was refused due to bad timing I guess...... Canada study visa was rejected cause of lack of funds, lack of travel history ..... Does the history look that bad Please I really don't know what to do..... I am scared now
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Onyebuenyim: 5:04pm On Aug 26, 2019
This my visa is tiring, this is 21 days and still no collection mail, counting working days, its 15 working days..... I hope this is not a bad sign. What steps should I take??
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by geofelx: 5:55pm On Aug 26, 2019
Onyebuenyim:
This my visa is tiring, this is 21 days and still no collection mail, counting working days, its 15 working days..... I hope this is not a bad sign. What steps should I take??
Yours is far better than mine (situation), I did biometrics since 26th July, until now I haven't gotten any email from UKVI, it's been officially 20 working days now (30 days including Saturdays and Sundays and today's UK public holiday). Although I called UKVI on Thursday last week, I was told my application is awaiting decision and that it will be escalated, not even sure what that means exactly. Is here any body who did biometrics in IKeja VAC on the 26th of July, 2019 who is in my shoes ?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Onyebuenyim: 6:38pm On Aug 26, 2019
geofelx:

Yours is far better than mine (situation), I did biometrics since 26th July, until now I haven't gotten any email from UKVI, it's been officially 20 working days now (30 days including Saturdays and Sundays and today's UK public holiday). Although I called UKVI on Thursday last week, I was told my application is awaiting decision and that it will be escalated, not even sure what that means exactly. Is here any body who did biometrics in IKeja VAC on the 26th of July, 2019 who is in my shoes ?
it is well
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by TallTony75: 9:26pm On Aug 26, 2019
Andrepete:

Please I'm not a visa officer, don't be scared, my advice was for you to state every previous refusal and please note that your present application will be consider on its merits. Ensure you have sufficient fund this time around. God will see you through
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Zoey1: 10:21pm On Aug 26, 2019
Count working days.
Remove all the 9ja public holidays too.
All Consulates observe 9ja holidays and their countries holiday.
So with that I amnot sure you have 20working days yet.
Relax.

geofelx:

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by geofelx: 10:45pm On Aug 26, 2019
If I consider Nigeria public holidays, it amount to 18 working days, but a friend of mine who did biometrics on the 5th of August just got a mail that his passport is on the way (courier) service, same standard service (Ikeja VAC). So what is the rational behind UKVI erratic decisions ?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Zoey1: 11:52pm On Aug 26, 2019
Are you and that person same?
Do you have same situations?
Take it or leave it.
geofelx:
If I consider Nigeria public holidays, it amount to 18 working days, but a friend of mine who did biometrics on the 5th of August just got a mail that his passport is on the way (courier) service, same standard service (Ikeja VAC). So what is the rational behind UKVI erratic decisions ?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by SimpleDimples: 7:51am On Aug 27, 2019
Yesterday was UK Bank holiday..... so keep that in mind

(1) (2) (3) ... (385) (386) (387) (388) (389) (390) (391) ... (646)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure?

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.