Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,774 members, 7,810,009 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:41 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 (1332774 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (646) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nobody: 10:52pm On Sep 08, 2015
Yeah I applied at the VI vac.
dannyabba:

Abeg oh. You guys should not scare me. I did mine today with priority. Did you both apply via Victoria Island?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nobody: 10:59pm On Sep 08, 2015
Alright then, I hope so. Thanks. Did you apply at the VI vac?
OtseD:

Looks like priority is processed here in nigeria. Yesterday was my appointment and i got an email today from Lagos Visa office, british deputy high commission that they have received it and has been transferred for a decision. Maybe its a system error and they forgot to send the mail to you. Status of mine on tls is received by ukvi. You should get it by the 6th day(thursday) everything being equal. All the best
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by dipsy94: 11:06pm On Sep 08, 2015
pls my problem is this. my course is starting on the 21st of this month and I went for a visa interview and biometrics on the 1st. I didn't apply for priority service and I got a mail from Sheffield that my visa has bin received and is bin processed. I got this mail on the 4th of September. hope its possible for them to process and deliver my visa on or before 21st. I applied for tier 4 student visa anyway. And I applied at TLS Victoria island lagos. pls how fast are they?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by dipsy94: 11:13pm On Sep 08, 2015
Where did u apply, lagos or abuja
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by chenn(m): 11:51pm On Sep 08, 2015
worry359:

If you have receipts or proof where the 1.5M came from then it would be good to include them with a BRIEF explanation of such a large sum.
Just to keep them happy.

PLEASE NOT NECCESSARY! 4GET ABOUT ANY LETTER! AS FAR THE REQUIRED AMT IS IN YOUR ACCOUNT FOR 28 DAYS, NO WAHALA! I BET U, u WONT BE ASK 4 AN EXPLANATION, IF EVENTUALLY THEY ASK TELL THEM UR PARENTS WANTS TO BE COMFORTABLE AND THEY GIVING YOU MONEY FOR SAVINGs

nobody will ask for explanation wia the money come from, thus 4get abt any letter

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by chenn(m): 11:56pm On Sep 08, 2015
TinukeOlu:
I got my CAS yesterday and a letter from the accommodation dept of my school, university of east anglia that I might not be able to get a post graduate accommodation or any at all. They advised that I seek for accommodation through a centre. I have not been able to get the centre on the phone all day today. I have also contacted some agents but they said i must do a viewing first before they can offer me a place. I am still trying to go through other means.

My question is that, do i need to have an accommodation before I apply for a visa. If at the interview, they ask where I will be staying, what do I tell them. My school resumes on the 21st September. I need advice please.

YOU DON'T NEED AN ACCOMODATION B4 YOU APPLY 4 VISA! BUT U SHLD DO RESEARCH ABOUT THE PROSPECTS OF SECURING A PRIVATE ACCOMODATION, so that u will have something to tell the VO incase he/she ask u during the interview "where do you intends to stay"??

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by chenn(m): 11:59pm On Sep 08, 2015
worry359:

Yes, get a letter from your Mom saying that.
There should be no problem but better to be ready with an answer first.

NO NEEED of any letter
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 12:41am On Sep 09, 2015
1step2right:
all those who are anxious should relax, God will favour you. just smile

please house I need your help o......I had way more than the maintenance fee in my account and remaining tuition fees for more than a month but I recently deposited another 1.5 M into my account early this month. I want to know if I'm save. should I start counting another 28 days or I don't need to?

worry359, justwise and the house...please help

Nothing to worry about as long as you have the required amount before the deposit.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 12:44am On Sep 09, 2015
TinukeOlu:
I got my CAS yesterday and a letter from the accommodation dept of my school, university of east anglia that I might not be able to get a post graduate accommodation or any at all. They advised that I seek for accommodation through a centre. I have not been able to get the centre on the phone all day today. I have also contacted some agents but they said i must do a viewing first before they can offer me a place. I am still trying to go through other means.

My question is that, do i need to have an accommodation before I apply for a visa. If at the interview, they ask where I will be staying, what do I tell them. My school resumes on the 21st September. I need advice please.

Tell them that you will book hotel accommodation for 2-3 days and use the period to get accommodation but as long as you have your maintenance money complete you are safe. You can also explain to them the effort you have made so far to secure school accommodation.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 12:45am On Sep 09, 2015
worry359:

If you have receipts or proof where the 1.5M came from then it would be good to include them with a BRIEF explanation of such a large sum.
Just to keep them happy.

Not needed.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by rotimilax(m): 1:14am On Sep 09, 2015
Hello house! Anyone going to uni of Bedfordshire in september?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by ebakwest(m): 5:21am On Sep 09, 2015
derena:
Hi Ebakwest, I also went for my appointment on Thursday and I used the priority service too and I got an email that same day that my application has been sent but up till now it hasn't been received by UKVI and tomorrow makes it the fifth day, please what's the status of your application now? because I'm a bit worried. I thought it took five working days.

hello Derena, I had my interview at TLS Abuja, the status changed to recieved by UKVI on friday, the next day. I suppose there was an error in updating your status. if you don't see any changes by this friday please contact TLS stating the issue. Good luck
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nobody: 8:53am On Sep 09, 2015
Alright thanks.
ebakwest:

hello Derena, I had my interview at TLS Abuja, the status changed to recieved by UKVI on friday, the next day. I suppose there was an error in updating your status. if you don't see any changes by this friday please contact TLS stating the issue. Good luck
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by bidosko(m): 11:06am On Sep 09, 2015
I just bought pounds at the black market for the rate of 346
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Petitediva14(f): 11:17am On Sep 09, 2015
bidosko:
I just bought pounds at the black market for the rate of 346

Jesus!!! shocked shocked God help us o!! I am not even nearing those people o.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by ebakwest(m): 11:30am On Sep 09, 2015
Petitediva14:

Jesus!!! shocked shocked God help us o!! I am not even nearing those people o.

you can try SULAH bureau at local (mm2) and international airport in Lagos. Their rate is usually sensible.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by bidosko(m): 11:45am On Sep 09, 2015
ebakwest:

you can try SULAH bureau at local (mm2) and international airport in Lagos. Their rate is usually sensible.
do you have their contact or know their rate.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by ebakwest(m): 1:22pm On Sep 09, 2015
bidosko:
do you have their contact or know their rate.

08077593669 SULAH BUREAU LAGOS

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by kuka700: 4:01pm On Sep 09, 2015
Praise be to God! Got the visa thru courier. Thank you all. PTA available at Access Bank and Jaiz Bank. Got £2000 from Access and a friend got $4000 from Jaiz.

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by hitunes(m): 4:28pm On Sep 09, 2015
kuka700:
Praise be to God! Got the visa thru courier. Thank you all. PTA available at Access Bank and Jaiz Bank. Got £2000 from Access and a friend got $4000 from Jaiz.

Pls guy, I Ave dis few qutns 2 ask.
1) u got ur visa bck tru courier aftr hw many days (aftr d msg 4rm tls abt bn dispatched)?
2) Tru wich courier?
3) wer u able 2 track ur documents?
4) ur location Bro?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by bidosko(m): 6:52pm On Sep 09, 2015
kuka700:
hello is it in lagos or abuja
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by chilez(f): 6:57pm On Sep 09, 2015
bidosko:
hello is it in lagos or abuja
Should be in Abuja. I dont think they have a branch in lagos.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Oma12: 7:35pm On Sep 09, 2015
Please who has used the priority service in ikeja? I did mine last week Wednesday but I haven't got an email yet. The last email was on Friday saying my documents had reached ukvi. Should I be worried?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by djfrancis: 8:37pm On Sep 09, 2015
And that was how I left for UK today....a lil bit stressful sha

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by dipsy94: 8:44pm On Sep 09, 2015
pls help me ooooo.

my problem is this. my course is starting on the 21st of this month and I went for a visa interview and biometrics on the 1st. I didn't apply for priority service and I got a mail from Sheffield that my visa has bin received and is bin processed. I got this mail on the 4th of September.

hope its possible for them to process and deliver my visa on or before 21st. I applied for tier 4 student visa anyway. And I applied at TLS Victoria island lagos. pls how fast are they?

and pls do they deny visa due to the fact that the resumption date is close?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by dipsy94: 9:03pm On Sep 09, 2015
dipsy94:
pls help me ooooo.

my problem is this. my course is starting on the 21st of this month and I went for a visa interview and biometrics on the 1st. I didn't apply for priority service and I got a mail from Sheffield that my visa has bin received and is bin processed. I got this mail on the 4th of September.

hope its possible for them to process and deliver my visa on or before 21st. I applied for tier 4 student visa anyway. And I applied at TLS Victoria island lagos. pls how fast are they?

pls can someone pls help me out before I freak out (literally though)
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by ebakwest(m): 9:13pm On Sep 09, 2015
dipsy94:
pls help me ooooo.

They can't deny you visa as 21st is JUST the course starting date. processing time without priority is usually 15 to 20 days max so you're definitely on track. sit back, relax and don't freak out. Good luck.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by bidosko(m): 9:17pm On Sep 09, 2015
djfrancis:
And that was how I left for UK today....a lil bit stressful sha
wow congrats, your journey as began. Can u narrate your experience at the airport till your arrival at heathrow. Any info we should know about

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by deedar(f): 9:55pm On Sep 09, 2015
Hello house
I got 2 mails almost the same time, the first one says my application has been assessed and the second one came in just 2 hours after that it ready for collection. Now am even more Confused now.i got the two from TLS...I hope it doesn't matter that I dint get the mails from UKVI directly.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by dannyabba(m): 10:38pm On Sep 09, 2015
deedar:
Hello house
I got 2 mails almost the same time, the first one says my application has been assessed and the second one came in just 2 hours after that it ready for collection. Now am even more Confused now.i got the two from TLS...I hope it doesn't matter that I dint get the mails from UKVI directly.

It doesn't matter!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by dipsy94: 10:42pm On Sep 09, 2015
ebakwest:

They can't deny you visa as 21st is JUST the course starting date. processing time without priority is usually 15 to 20 days max so you're definitely on track. sit back, relax and don't freak out. Good luck.

thanks alot dear.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (646)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.