Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,823 members, 7,810,161 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:12 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 - Travel (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 (1332848 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (646) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nobody: 9:32pm On Sep 11, 2015
I signed the contract for the whole year but I'm paying by installments instead of paying in full(I'm guessing that's what you're talking about). Though in order to do this you need a UK based guarantor to also sign the contract on your behalf.
pet01:
Pls house, I want to know from people here who rented private accommodation whether they sign contract for the whole year or by installments.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 12:39am On Sep 12, 2015
pet01:
Pls house, I want to know from people here who rented private accommodation whether they sign contract for the whole year or by installments.
#

You can sign 6 or 12 months tenancy agreement contract, the landlord will ask for a deposit and one month rent for a start then your rent will be paid monthly
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 12:40am On Sep 12, 2015
ebakwest:
Hello house, saying thanks to everyone here... you guys have been helpful... JustWise and Co. Got my visa today from Abuja VAC and currently at the airport back to lag. I pray that the rest that are expecting will be favoured in Jesus name.

Congratulations!

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 12:41am On Sep 12, 2015
CassieV:
Hello everyone, I'm doing my youth service now and I'll finish next year April. I want to do a post graduate diploma in education in UK, I need suggestions for schools I could apply, accommodation, Visa process, work too while I school. I have a BSc in Statistics, will I be able to get a job that'll pay my fees? How do I go about it all? Please I need your advice...

You can't, don't even gamble on that.

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 12:43am On Sep 12, 2015
obyas2:
hello justwise!
I have been following the group since. I need u to clear me on this.I have admission to study in University of Birmingham with a CAS no, but my sponsor is my mum younger brother, he is not bearing the same surname with me.
I am meant to summit my application on Monday next week, what do you advise I do since am having a sponsor with a different surname.
Also i have been writing to the school to get an extension letter from them since i might not make it to the resumption date which is 21st of this month.
Please advise me.
Thanks

You are asking this question too late as you have taken the wrong step already. So good luck with the application, who knows....
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Ishilove: 2:46am On Sep 12, 2015
justwise:

Congratulations!
Thank you for keeping this section sane smiley

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 8:26am On Sep 12, 2015
Ishilove:

Thank you for keeping this section sane smiley

Thank you for thanking me grin

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by chilez(f): 9:17am On Sep 12, 2015
Please any Nairalander with good info about Glasgow accomodation. I need a site to check for cheap private accomodation close to Glasgow Caledonian. Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Ishilove: 12:43pm On Sep 12, 2015
justwise:

Thank you for thanking me grin
Thank you for thanking me for thanking you grin

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nobody: 12:47pm On Sep 12, 2015
Petitediva14, chenn, scoobs, scoob
PweedyB, thababe and any one

please which bank did you guys use to get pta form where i can change my money to pound with cbn rate.

what is the requirement. Which document should i bring with me.

What is the highest amount of pounds can i seek for

What is highest amount of pounds can i hold with me when travelling.

Must i have account with such bank?

please where in lagos and which branch.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 12:50pm On Sep 12, 2015
Ishilove:

Thank you for thanking me for thanking you grin
grin now you are derailing our thread go back to romance section
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Ishilove: 12:57pm On Sep 12, 2015
justwise:
grin now you are derailing our thread go back to romance section
NO, I WEE NOT GO!!! angry
grin grin

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Ubyy: 1:12pm On Sep 12, 2015
I got into London this morning. The official at immigration just asked for my admission letter. No CAS/TB screening.

Lol.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by bidosko(m): 1:34pm On Sep 12, 2015
Ubyy:
I got into London this morning. The official at immigration just asked for my admission letter. No CAS/TB screening.

Lol.
congrat on your smooth journey. Wc airline did u use

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by pet01(m): 1:37pm On Sep 12, 2015
derena:
I signed the contract for the whole year but I'm paying by installments instead of paying in full(I'm guessing that's what you're talking about). Though in order to do this you need a UK based guarantor to also sign the contract on your behalf.

Thanks for the reply, what if I want to opt out after like 3 months after signing a one year contract, what happens?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by pet01(m): 1:39pm On Sep 12, 2015
justwise:
#

You can sign 6 or 12 months tenancy agreement contract, the landlord will ask for a deposit and one month rent for a start then your rent will be paid monthly

Thanks, but can I opt out at any month after signing the contract?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 1:47pm On Sep 12, 2015
pet01:

Thanks, but can I opt out at any month after signing the contract?

Yes you can but you have to inform him in advance that you will be moving out.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by dalass(f): 1:53pm On Sep 12, 2015
grin grin grin
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by deedar(f): 2:12pm On Sep 12, 2015
This group is just wonderful! Is anyone going to sunderland? Congratulations to everyone that has gotten their visas and I pray others will get theirs soon.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Petitediva14(f): 2:19pm On Sep 12, 2015
usqoh:
Petitediva14, chenn, scoobs, scoob
PweedyB, thababe and any one

please which bank did you guys use to get pta form where i can change my money to pound with cbn rate.

what is the requirement. Which document should i bring with me.

What is the highest amount of pounds can i seek for

What is highest amount of pounds can i hold with me when travelling.

Must i have account with such bank?

please where in lagos and which branch.

Thanks

I used first bank when they were still giving it. I was 2000 pounds was the limit. Yes, you must have an account with them. I got mine in uyo. I have no idea the highest amount you can travel with. You need your visa/passport, plane tickets, I also submitted my admission letter because of my one way ticket and you have to go with your cash book.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Petitediva14(f): 2:20pm On Sep 12, 2015
Ubyy:

Lol.

Thank God for journey mercies.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by eljaye(f): 8:02pm On Sep 12, 2015
I just realized that wakanow swindled me when I booked my flight. A word of advise to impending student travellers- 'never use agents/agencies, go to the respective airlines where available'!

I guess am so mad, sorry for the rant!

angry angry
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by eljaye(f): 8:04pm On Sep 12, 2015
Petitediva14:

I used first bank when they were still giving it. I was 2000 pounds was the limit. Yes, you must have an account with them. I got mine in uyo. I have no idea the highest amount you can travel with. You need your visa/passport, plane tickets, I also submitted my admission letter because of my one way ticket and you have to go with your cash book.

Cash book? Is there an alternative to that? Because am I thought the plastic cards would suffice.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 8:08pm On Sep 12, 2015
eljaye:
I just realized that wakanow swindled me when I booked my flight. A word of advise to impending student travellers- 'never use agents/agencies, go to the respective airlines where available'!

angry angry

I have always wondered why people use agent or agency for flight booking while the airline website is there. Agent can't sell you ticket cheaper than the airline

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by obyas2: 10:05pm On Sep 12, 2015
Thank you for your response. Actually, I have been trying to know the best method to use. Right now I told the school to give me an extension of two weeks to know if I can apply since my resumption date is on 21/09 and the said the will put it in my CAS.

My question are 1) what are the documents I can attach to prove the relationship with this my uncle. Can I go to court to get a prove.

2) is it must that I will pay my tuition fees before the will give me visa because am yet to do that considering the time I was given the admission with my CAS no.

Thanks
justwise:

You are asking this question too late as you have taken the wrong step already. So good luck with the application, who knows....

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by eljaye(f): 10:16pm On Sep 12, 2015
justwise:

I have always wondered why people use agent or agency for flight booking while the airline website is there. Agent can't sell you ticket cheaper than the airline

I guess I paid the price for being too inquisitive.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by dannyabba(m): 10:26pm On Sep 12, 2015
eljaye:

angry angry

justwise:

Sorry about that. But sometimes it's actually cheaper . Many airlines show the flight costs in dollars. From my own experience, when I called the airline directly to know the exchange rate they were working with, they told me it would be 200 Naira to a Dollar. But when I checked via Wakanow, their own displayed price in Naira was almost 10k less than what I had calculated with the 200:1. Probably as agents, they have their own different exchange rate.
In many other cases, however, reverse is the case. So I usually check Wakanow to get the listings and then confirm from the airline's website directly; and go with the more favourable option.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by guiddoti: 11:47pm On Sep 12, 2015
TinukeOlu:
I got my CAS yesterday and a letter from the accommodation dept of my school, university of east anglia that I might not be able to get a post graduate accommodation or any at all. They advised that I seek for accommodation through a centre. I have not been able to get the centre on the phone all day today. I have also contacted some agents but they said i must do a viewing first before they can offer me a place. I am still trying to go through other means.

My question is that, do i need to have an accommodation before I apply for a visa. If at the interview, they ask where I will be staying, what do I tell them. My school resumes on the 21st September. I need advice please.
I would advise you get your visa before accommodation. If they ask, tell what school has said and you will get accommodation off campus
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by guiddoti: 11:56pm On Sep 12, 2015
chilez:
Please any Nairalander with good info about Glasgow accomodation. I need a site to check for cheap private accomodation close to Glasgow Caledonian. Thanks
You can google it (student accommodation near Glasgow Caledonian) .But you cannot get accommodation until you come. They will need confirm your visa and letter from your school

However, getting accommodation near your mentioned location is possible but it will take longer time because this is peak period and is at city center. Your location house Three universities which are very close to one another, so you can imagine how the rush would look like.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Ubyy: 12:14am On Sep 13, 2015
bidosko:
congrat on your smooth journey. Wc airline did u use

Used Air France from Abuja.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by guiddoti: 12:28am On Sep 13, 2015
Sylverbox:
To the glory of God. I want to say a big thank you to everyone in this forum who always took out their personal time to reply my somewhat silly and naive questions. May God bless you all immensely.
My Visa was posted to me today from abj(to pH). I am heading to King's college London. Its been a dream for me and I am glad I will be living it soonest. I promise not to let you guys down out there. Thank you and God bless.
Good you. Always be a good representative. These changes of policy by.UKIV is just because of.us (nigerians) indians and pakistani. we always fault policy. congrats

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nobody: 1:09am On Sep 13, 2015
Then you'd have to find a replacement for your accommodation if not you'll still be liable to pay the rent whether you move out or not. Btw the private accommodation I'm referring to is the type that is owned by a private company not an individual and it's only for students, is this the type you're asking about?
pet01:

Thanks for the reply, what if I want to opt out after like 3 months after signing a one year contract, what happens?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (646)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure?

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.