Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,853 members, 7,810,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:02 AM

My Husband Is Killing Me Emotionaly, How Do I Deal With Him - Family (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Husband Is Killing Me Emotionaly, How Do I Deal With Him (59273 Views)

‘My Wife Is Killing Me With Having Too Many Children, She Bears Them Like Rats’ / My Mother-In-law Visits Too Often, How Do I Deal With That? Please Help / My Husband Denies Me Sex And Affection...its Killing Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Husband Is Killing Me Emotionaly, How Do I Deal With Him by KingAdeOluomo1(m): 1:43pm On Sep 05, 2015
angelchinny:

Hv already done dat during d issue of our nanny. I told him dat I won't be able to forgive him if he cheats again. I hv not even confronted him on dis arisin issue yet, I jst don't want to be at d receiving end anymore
Be prayerful.
Re: My Husband Is Killing Me Emotionaly, How Do I Deal With Him by Ikiriye(m): 1:52pm On Sep 05, 2015
The only option you have now is divorce.biblically you are free,else your head will enter the marriage.wisdom is profitable to direct.my own peace.
Re: My Husband Is Killing Me Emotionaly, How Do I Deal With Him by nicedaddy(m): 2:11pm On Sep 05, 2015
Contact me on whatsapp 08032735539 for help.
angelchinny:
Am a well dedicated nairalander but I created this new account for this issue. I have been married for 4 years now with 3 children and since the 2nd year of our marriage my husband has been constantly cheating on me.

The way he goes about it is even heartbreaking, he does it like his into a love relationship with them and not just for fun.

There is this particular girl that he calls like 3 times everyday because I check his call log and saw they keep in touch more than twice everyday. I stupidly called the girl and warned her to stay clear off my man and she confessed he didn't tell her he was married, I confronted my hubby and he was forming defensive and was telling me dat am accusing him wrongly and he will soon start cheating. I called the girl back in the evening and she told me that even as am calling that his call is entering her phone, that he called earlier to beg her to give him chance to explain..The next day I left with my children to a far away state and he pleaded that he will change and all that. The issue is that he continued with this shameless behaviour, our live-in nanny later confessed to my cousin last month that he approached her and I was so devastated. He knelt down and begged and I easily forgave him..

Forgive me for my long episode but I really need your help on how to punish him cos I went to his call log yesterday and saw the same girl that made me take the risk to leave with my children to another state calling him again and he is reciprocating the calls..his a very jealous person, he goes crazy when a male friend calls me..I want to make him pass through all the pains I have endured all these years.. What do I do pls?
Re: My Husband Is Killing Me Emotionaly, How Do I Deal With Him by Fourwinds: 2:33pm On Sep 05, 2015
Pidggin:

You can't change him, but you can pray for him to change. Hope you insist on using condoms tho, you need to protect yourself. A bit curious didn't you notice his waywardness before you married him? His ways are set already, it will take God's grace to change him
hmmmmm. girls.!!! once a man has money dey hardly check his behaviour or background..some said she doesn't know y d OP checked d husband call log... yet same person is suggesting OP should use condom.. then I ask myself how do u know if ur husband is cheating if his call log is not one of d means... conflicting themselves

1 Like

Re: My Husband Is Killing Me Emotionaly, How Do I Deal With Him by bummyla(m): 2:55pm On Sep 05, 2015
Re: My Husband Is Killing Me Emotionaly, How Do I Deal With Him by Ngokafor(f): 3:23pm On Sep 05, 2015
....@op sorry about what you are going through.. i would have told you to give your cheating husband some distance for a while but you dont even have the funds for that so i guess you should just stay put,praying for the fortitude to accept your husbands philandering while protecting yourself from STDs as well.Try and make yourself financially independent as well cos i am sure your not having a job or business is not helping your situation.

..Please do not confront your husbands girlfriend(s).That is very demeaning and crass.Your husband is the one who has flouted his vows to you by chasing and having mistresses all over the place.Therefore he is the one you should have a problem with.

...We live in a soceity were the responsiblity for a successful marriage is placed on the woman alone with little or none expected of the man.Reasons why more and more marriages are hitting the rocks these days...Unfortunately most people do not realise that or perhaps has chosen to bury their heads in sand.Pathetic.

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Is Killing Me Emotionaly, How Do I Deal With Him by Omoiyaoshy(m): 4:27pm On Sep 05, 2015
@Angel Chinny.If You Dnt Mind Talking 2me On Phone About Ur Cheat Husband On How 2 Deal With Him In A Diplomatic Way,u Can Call Me On 08160124385
Re: My Husband Is Killing Me Emotionaly, How Do I Deal With Him by ginggerxy: 5:17pm On Sep 05, 2015
angelchinny:
I believe he does dat becos he knws I forgive him easily, dats why I wanna punish him
rost his balls angry
Re: My Husband Is Killing Me Emotionaly, How Do I Deal With Him by gnchetts: 5:42pm On Sep 05, 2015
The best thing is to silence him. Start keeping to urself for like 1 month and face ur children. That means u only talk about important things but don't miss any of ur duties as wife. Greet him, wash his cloths, cook food and do everything u do as a wife but don't let his way of life border u again.
He would be worried about ur change of attitude and would want to know y one day; ( if he still loves u). He would start looking for ur playful and smiling face, U can then use the opportunity to discuss ur family matters and where u actually went wrong.
Take it or leave it, 80% of men cheat and the earlier u learn to face ur God giving children, the better for u. As for sex, insist on condon or abstain.
Re: My Husband Is Killing Me Emotionaly, How Do I Deal With Him by Ordinary9jaGuy(m): 5:43pm On Sep 05, 2015
D truth is dat no one in here knows d degree of wot ur going thru n truthfully can adequately advice u on wot to do but the truth about the whole situation u find urself cant be solved wiv vengeance as ur motivation. These are things u av to consider

Do u still love him?
Do u still enjoy being wiv him?
And finally, do u see him only as ur husband and not ur friend?

If ur able to answer these 3 questions positively, then d reaction to d first question shouldnt b u trying to get back at him for putting u thru all uv been thru.
If u enjoy being wiv him wivout the thought of he being wiv another, then dat means he still lights ur and communucation between u 2 still exist so dats a plus..
And finally, ur husband shouldnt just be ur husband but ur partner/friend/gist buddy/advicer and all that his friends are to him, u shld be filling that space wivout being selfish in playin dat role.

Ur more consumed by his actions and thinking wot counter-action to take to spite him but the truth really is if u saw him as ur friend, then all u need do is tell him d truth about his actions wivout bein prejudicious and take actions dat shows him dat uv lost trust for him like friends do.

May GOD guide u as u decide on what next step to take but in d end vegeance solves nothing. It poisons u and poisons who ur vengeful at.
Re: My Husband Is Killing Me Emotionaly, How Do I Deal With Him by Chelseafan1: 7:22pm On Sep 05, 2015
angelchinny:

Okay will do jst dat. What if I fake calls and make him jealous as well cos I told him recently dat my 1st love re-sufaced n he is realy hrtbroken dat am already married cos he came bk 4 us to rekindle our love. He got realy mad n couldn't sleep dat night

There's this Nigerian movie, Mr and Mrs, I'll advice you get and watch it, you are gonna learn a lot.

I hope it helps you.
Re: My Husband Is Killing Me Emotionaly, How Do I Deal With Him by Shiningmama(f): 8:56pm On Sep 05, 2015
angelchinny:

I would hv left him a long time ago but I jst think twice cos of two reasons
1) Cos of my children, hw I will take them along wit me
2)Cos am not working yet, I can't provide 4 myself n my children

See my sister, your hubby treating you like this becos you are not working. You are even lucky he begged. Hmmmmmm! Mine did worse than what your guy did to me, if I talk he will even abuse me join.
Pls find something doing and learn to ignore him. I know it is difficult but pls you have to learn it. Don't develop hypertension becos of him ooo, I beg.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Is Killing Me Emotionaly, How Do I Deal With Him by Rhea(f): 5:47am On Sep 06, 2015
Leave the man. He does not love you. Probably never did. Leave am waka. Unless you wan go market buy faifai gee am make em drink kpai one time
Re: My Husband Is Killing Me Emotionaly, How Do I Deal With Him by egobetatoday: 4:33pm On Sep 06, 2015
try to get more money from him apart from the normal upkeep money he gives u. Get more money for food, clothing , drugs, school fees and other geniune house expenses ( things are getting expensive in the market u know). he wont go for girls if he doesnt have much money to spare
Re: My Husband Is Killing Me Emotionaly, How Do I Deal With Him by Nobody: 5:19pm On Sep 06, 2015
thelish:
my dear, nothing stops d op from getting a job now dat she is married. A man who will respect u will, irrespective of ur career or not..
I wonder o, a man is who he is irrespective of whether the wife works or not ....
So all men who have working wives don't cheat?? undecided undecided

I however support financial freedom but don't think it stops an irresponsible man from cheating. ...
Re: My Husband Is Killing Me Emotionaly, How Do I Deal With Him by igbinigiejeff(m): 5:54pm On Sep 06, 2015
5minsmadness:

Hehehehehe grin
Good one!

It seems his friends are also a major issue. Can't u find a way to keep him away from them? Don't do it directly cos it will have a negative result, rather insist on him being home early and raise hell if he isn't. OR Call him at odd hours when he's outside and send him message e.g "pls dear buy banana and groundnut for me on your way back. ". Tomorrow it could be 'since u r outside could u buy bread and garri on your way back, also add bathing soap cos the kids have not had thier bath... Etc"

Men HATE being sent messages like these but have no concrete reasons to refuse them. Soon he would prefer being at home early instead of letting u spoil his fun outside. Hmmmmmmmmm;You know men inside out,that's true!

Na secret I don blow for u oh!
Re: My Husband Is Killing Me Emotionaly, How Do I Deal With Him by thelish(f): 7:06pm On Sep 06, 2015
MarvellousGod:
I wonder o, a man is who he is irrespective of whether the wife works or not ....
So all men who have working wives don't cheat?? undecided undecided

I however support financial freedom but don't think it stops an irresponsible man from cheating. ...
my point exactly.
Re: My Husband Is Killing Me Emotionaly, How Do I Deal With Him by tammie24: 7:28pm On Sep 06, 2015
MISSNORA:
Sorry op... better lock up before he gives you HIV
Someone I know was in the same
predicament and hoped things would get
better. She only found out she was HIV
positive when she got pregnant. Turned out
hubby had been on ARTV for over one year.
The saddest part is that even the
secretary to her hubby also tested positive
to HIV. No need asking who the culprit was.
Be careful OP, if you're not financially
dependent on him then reject everything
from him but don't relent in your duties
except for the lock up, let him know the
reason. Tell him you're scared, you can't
have rest of mind because you don't know
the s*xual history of his other s*xual
partners so you might as well protect
yourself..... Copied from AdaNri1
MISSNORA
God bless you for this comment!
Re: My Husband Is Killing Me Emotionaly, How Do I Deal With Him by tammie24: 7:32pm On Sep 06, 2015
angelchinny:

Thankz 4 ur advice, his parents and mine are aware of d suituation, even I traveled to anoda state my dad didn't even talk sence in2 him. My parents where jst advicin me not to leave my matrimonal home 4 any reason, infact I jst don't undastand them..My husband has a group of useless friends dat doesn't hv value or respect for there wives
That is the problem- his friends
Op just protect ur self cos u need to stay alive and healthy for ur children
Re: My Husband Is Killing Me Emotionaly, How Do I Deal With Him by Ifyjuli25(f): 9:57am On Sep 07, 2015
This is heartbreaking.... I also have a cousin her husband cheated on her and impregnated the girl.. They demanded 500k for abortion or else... God I feel for her because she found out on seeing the lab results and almost died of BP. I ll advice u to change ur ways of dressing.. Package ur self well, give him good and smashing bedmatics with condom! Look beautiful. He will start getting insecure when u looks cute. And above all pray for his repentance.. God bless u ND your kids.
Re: My Husband Is Killing Me Emotionaly, How Do I Deal With Him by ZeeAfrica(f): 11:30am On Aug 28, 2016
A wife who gives birth every year is a turn off. How de hell did u give birth to 3 kids in 4 years? He is cheating becoz yo big stomach and yo big kitten r just boring nw. Work on yo body, work on dat baby factory u call a tummy, get 6 pack, work on dat big vjj, look after yo body and wordrobe, make him remember de woman he fell in love wit, make him see wat he wil be loosing if he lost u, get a job, study, empower yoself economically. Blv me baby, dat man wil come home. Right nw u r nothing but a liability. He feels stuck with u, nt inlove wit u

1 Like

Re: My Husband Is Killing Me Emotionaly, How Do I Deal With Him by pitipom: 2:10pm On Aug 28, 2016
Tunagee:

why not check ur behaviour and see if there is anything you have been doing that he does not like. ladies una fo marry finish begin dey form like fools, forgetting to do or perform ur conjugal rights u go come come nairaland dey cry dey form innocentie.abegi

This is a forum for mature minds and intellectuals,of which you are clearly not. It's disheartening to imply that it's the Lady's fault her husband cheats , She is not sexy enough, she does not do conjugal acrobatics ,she should act like a mistress, b***h and wife all in one Abi. Utter crap!
Do you even understand the meaning of the word ''fool'', or did you come here to speak fancy words that you just recently discovered ? Please take a walk and waltz out of here if you have nothing useful to offer .
Op, you ve been too focused on your husband and ve neglected yourself. Add value to your life, do a masters program, start job hunting,acquire business skills, develop yourself . Harness your inner strength .
You will get too busy to feel depressed because of an irresponsible husband. Always pray, then insist on protection during sex. All the best dear

1 Like

Re: My Husband Is Killing Me Emotionaly, How Do I Deal With Him by debspauly(f): 11:24pm On Jun 28, 2017
angelchinny:
Am a well dedicated nairalander but I created this new account for this issue. I have been married for 4 years now with 3 children and since the 2nd year of our marriage my husband has been constantly cheating on me.

The way he goes about it is even heartbreaking, he does it like his into a love relationship with them and not just for fun.

There is this particular girl that he calls like 3 times everyday because I check his call log and saw they keep in touch more than twice everyday. I stupidly called the girl and warned her to stay clear off my man and she confessed he didn't tell her he was married, I confronted my hubby and he was forming defensive and was telling me dat am accusing him wrongly and he will soon start cheating. I called the girl back in the evening and she told me that even as am calling that his call is entering her phone, that he called earlier to beg her to give him chance to explain..The next day I left with my children to a far away state and he pleaded that he will change and all that. The issue is that he continued with this shameless behaviour, our live-in nanny later confessed to my cousin last month that he approached her and I was so devastated. He knelt down and begged and I easily forgave him..

Forgive me for my long episode but I really need your help on how to punish him cos I went to his call log yesterday and saw the same girl that made me take the risk to leave with my children to another state calling him again and he is reciprocating the calls..his a very jealous person, he goes crazy when a male friend calls me..I want to make him pass through all the pains I have endured all these years.. What do I do pls?
please do not cheat .. you would be doing yourself ...just give him the silent treatment ..pretend like he doesn't exist . while you are still living with him....it will make him think you don't love him ..and that would frustrate him .....and I bet you ...you are gonna get good results .......but if he is not repentant ...take the walk and leave ..he doesn't deserve you.
Re: My Husband Is Killing Me Emotionaly, How Do I Deal With Him by nuele(m): 10:42am On Jun 29, 2017
" Forgive me for my long episode but I really need your help on how to punish him cos I went to his call log yesterday and saw the same girl that made me take the risk to leave with my children to another state calling him again and he is reciprocating the calls..his a very jealous person, he goes crazy when a male friend calls me..I want to make him pass through all the pains I have endured all these years.. What do I do pls? "

Not necessary, wud complicate matters and might break completely down the marriage, a wise woman build not breakdown her home.

That said, firstly I advice you go on your knees to God and then to him, even though u expecting the opposite, try it.

Do good to him even though he does bad, continue in this, you wud see results.

Don't kill urself on it, be calm, take time to build you home, make your kids happy, cook him great meals I mean d family o, but give him what he likes, that reminds me, ensure things are settled before giving resuming unprotected sex, since he has broken vow, ensure he s tested etc

Just continue normal living, work etc God wud come in, just keep praying...
Re: My Husband Is Killing Me Emotionaly, How Do I Deal With Him by crunchyg: 9:13pm On Jul 07, 2017
MISSNORA:
Sorry op... better lock up before he gives you HIV
Someone I know was in the same
predicament and hoped things would get
better. She only found out she was HIV
positive when she got pregnant. Turned out
hubby had been on ARTV for over one year.
The saddest part is that even the
secretary to her hubby also tested positive
to HIV. No need asking who the culprit was.
Be careful OP, if you're not financially
dependent on him then reject everything
from him but don't relent in your duties
except for the lock up, let him know the
reason. Tell him you're scared, you can't
have rest of mind because you don't know
the s*xual history of his other s*xual
partners so you might as well protect
yourself..... Copied from AdaNri1
MISSNORA
How can you be threatening a cheating man with lock up when he knows how and where to get it freely? Don't think this is the best solution to Op's problem.
Re: My Husband Is Killing Me Emotionaly, How Do I Deal With Him by Nobody: 7:50am On Jul 12, 2017
crunchyg:

How can you be threatening a cheating man with lock up when he knows how and where to get it freely? Don't think this is the best solution to Op's problem.
you mean keep giving him until the day both of you test positive for HIV?

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Men Sleeping With Their House Maids...who's To Blame? / "RIP To My Useless Father" - Corper Victor Bills Speaks Out Finally / Meet Woman Who Had 7 Babies In 5 Years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.