Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,912 members, 7,817,684 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:15 PM

I Don't Want To Regret My Decision And Miss Out On What Is For Me. Pls Advice - Romance (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Don't Want To Regret My Decision And Miss Out On What Is For Me. Pls Advice (38856 Views)

'I Won Most Kissable Lips And Miss Endowed In Secondary School'- Lady Says (pics / MR NAIRALAND INTERVIEW: Ratings , Complain , Decision And Opinion / My Neighbor And Her Daughter Keep Seducing Me Pls Help Me! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Don't Want To Regret My Decision And Miss Out On What Is For Me. Pls Advice by UjSizzle(f): 4:52pm On Sep 05, 2015
andromida:
I think you should place less emphasis on a man's status and more on his character my humble opinion is a man without good character and sound values cannot love you as you deserve that would depend on your own values too.

Poor is not synonymous with good character either. Most dudes who don't have much are humble for the time being anyway lol.
Among the rich and poor you will find good and bad men. Focus on men with character and values that are in sync with yours.

So if this upcoming guy has same values, a sound character you should definitely get to know him alongside the rich ones.
Bless you dear. So far this is the most balanced, sensible comment here and to think people are hitting the 'like' button on crap posts. Goes to show the calibre of people on this forum undecided

2 Likes

Re: I Don't Want To Regret My Decision And Miss Out On What Is For Me. Pls Advice by chronique(m): 4:52pm On Sep 05, 2015
Bonita101n2:
I was formerly engaged to a very nice guy who luckily for me was very rich and also got a very good job while we were dating in an oil firm. Unfortunately it did not work out due to external factors (folks). After healing and all, I started to open up again and have and still meeting a lot of men, both rich and not so rich, bad and good etc.

My problem here is that maybe having dated someone that was very rich and also having met and meeting still very rich guy, I'm finding it difficult settling for less. I met this wonderful guy who I'm also attracted to but he is not very rich. Meanwhile, I do have another suitor or two who are extremely rich but I'm not so attracted to them and I know marriage, that attraction is important.

I really like this guy but then again, I start battling with the fact he is not so rich as the previous and the others and what people might say in me settling for less. Even one time he visited, while I was trying to talk to my brother about him, before I could finish, my brother had already said who is this guy that does not seem like he's rich.

It's now making have conflicting feelings and thoughts and I don't want to miss out on a good person but what if I force and maybe get attracted to those other rich suitors but my mind is more on the not so rich.

Please advise sincerely and judging. Thank you.

Do you realise that you mentioned the word "rich" about 11/12 times? Are you that broke in your family to the extent that all you think about in a man,is how rich he is? You're sounding like a potential parasite and you need to work on your mentality.

4 Likes

Re: I Don't Want To Regret My Decision And Miss Out On What Is For Me. Pls Advice by byvan03: 4:52pm On Sep 05, 2015
Fourwinds:
OP poor.. she know wen talk true because she is behind d screen... I'm very sure it is because of her beauty dose rich guys are falling on her.

grin grin

1 Like

Re: I Don't Want To Regret My Decision And Miss Out On What Is For Me. Pls Advice by Omoiyaoshy(m): 4:52pm On Sep 05, 2015
Call Me On 08160124385 For Help
Re: I Don't Want To Regret My Decision And Miss Out On What Is For Me. Pls Advice by UjSizzle(f): 5:00pm On Sep 05, 2015
BuddhaPalm:
Y'all are hating on this girl for sharing her HONEST thoughts with us.

Also consider how the final choice of your wife/girlfriend hinged a lot on her big butt, breasts, complexion, age, etc.

She's entitled to desire what she desires.
Seriously I give up on your specie on this forum. You never realise how pained men are until you come here and read some half-asssed response to something simple and delicate. And if you check now, most of the people screaming "gold-digger" are undergraduates living with their parents without a penny to their name undecided
For some reason telling people what and what not to desire in another is a specialty of the human race.
You can desire a man for the way he looks but not for his material possession.
How does either choice discount the fact that people will always have specifications when another human is concerned?

Really I give up. I just hope someone has sense enough to answer the question you put up there.

How are you btw?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Don't Want To Regret My Decision And Miss Out On What Is For Me. Pls Advice by Fourwinds: 5:04pm On Sep 05, 2015

1 Like

Re: I Don't Want To Regret My Decision And Miss Out On What Is For Me. Pls Advice by hustla(m): 5:04pm On Sep 05, 2015
Bonita101n2:
I was formerly engaged to a very nice guy who luckily for me was very rich and also got a very good job while we were dating in an oil firm. Unfortunately it did not work out due to external factors (folks). After healing and all, I started to open up again and have and still meeting a lot of men, both rich and not so rich, bad and good etc.

My problem here is that maybe having dated someone that was very rich and also having met and meeting still very rich guy, I'm finding it difficult settling for less. I met this wonderful guy who I'm also attracted to but he is not very rich. Meanwhile, I do have another suitor or two who are extremely rich but I'm not so attracted to them and I know marriage, that attraction is important.

I really like this guy but then again, I start battling with the fact he is not so rich as the previous and the others and what people might say in me settling for less. Even one time he visited, while I was trying to talk to my brother about him, before I could finish, my brother had already said who is this guy that does not seem like he's rich.

It's now making have conflicting feelings and thoughts and I don't want to miss out on a good person but what if I force and maybe get attracted to those other rich suitors but my mind is more on the not so rich.

Please advise sincerely and judging. Thank you.

Wait are you poor in your family ni or they told you you will not make it in life?

You are a Gold Digger from Hell and Beyond, infact Satan tish u well well

Bia, Oya, you sef look at how many times you mentioned Rich up there and judge yourself by yourself; 10 times? Ah God punish you for me ooo! shocked shocked

You, Your Brother and your Gold Digging Family members should go and try and get jobs and learn to be independent

Your first boyfriend got a job in an oil firm and you never made mention of you getting off your ass to try and get one or do some business, u siddon there dey chop in money. You are a Barawo, and when Buhari start to dey arrest people wey loot Naija reserves, e suppose knock your door

Gerrarahere Men Shit!!

Ozwo!
Barawo!
Anuofia!!
Omo Ole!!!
Anini in the making!!!!

1 Like

Re: I Don't Want To Regret My Decision And Miss Out On What Is For Me. Pls Advice by Fourwinds: 5:06pm On Sep 05, 2015
SmartMugu:

I'm sure her brother is broke too. Both of them want an already rich inlaw/husband when they weren't there when he was struggling.
grin
SmartMugu:

I'm sure her brother is broke too. Both of them want an already rich inlaw/husband when they weren't there when he was struggling.

1 Like

Re: I Don't Want To Regret My Decision And Miss Out On What Is For Me. Pls Advice by kulikuli26: 5:06pm On Sep 05, 2015
SmartMugu:

If you happened to have met her brother before, then it's most likely you. Just thread slowly with her, I wouldnt rush into anything with a woman that cares too much about money.
I actually met the brother and we shook hands. Everything in this story applies to us.
Re: I Don't Want To Regret My Decision And Miss Out On What Is For Me. Pls Advice by Fourwinds: 5:08pm On Sep 05, 2015
SmartMugu:

Re: I Don't Want To Regret My Decision And Miss Out On What Is For Me. Pls Advice by Bonita101n2: 5:29pm On Sep 05, 2015
fairygeh:
At OP,you are just the kind of lady that make men feel all women are gold diggers and all for the money.so so annoying

Is it that you are crippled or what or are you an 1mbecile ,you mean you didn't go to school/ you are uneducated that you cannot pray to have a good job yourself and not rely on a man for money saying he's not rich, bla bla,bla.
As for your parents expecting you to bring a rich man home at all costs,i guess you are from a poor background, omo oju o ro la ri.
I pity you

Madam before you gush out all sorts of words, take your time and read before spitting out garb. I'm from a very well to do family and working in a very good firm that peeps find it hard to get into. The benefits are very good in my company ok? I only wrote this to share my dilemma and temptation, not saying the rich ones are bad, I inly said it seems I'm drawn more to the not so rich.

Most of you don't even understand or even read what I had written, just rushed to say all sorts that have no relationship with what I had asked for calling me a gold digger. I am not and will never, ever, ever be a gold digger. I'm sure some of you calling me all sorts of names would at the speed of light pounce on a very rich suitor.

For some of the sincere advices, I truly appreciate, intact I'm still reading them, a lot of your advices are helping me... Let me continue reading all
Re: I Don't Want To Regret My Decision And Miss Out On What Is For Me. Pls Advice by IBBG(m): 5:37pm On Sep 05, 2015
nnachukz:
Gold digger, go get a job. Remember to get one for your brother as well.
hahahahahaahahahhah

1 Like

Re: I Don't Want To Regret My Decision And Miss Out On What Is For Me. Pls Advice by nwannaeto: 5:39pm On Sep 05, 2015
if your a Christian,pray and fast and God in his infinite mercy will reveal the real husband to you.go to a secluded place devoid of distraction,engage yourself with the Holy spirit and pray.God will answer you on Jesus name Amen.
Re: I Don't Want To Regret My Decision And Miss Out On What Is For Me. Pls Advice by Testimony89(m): 5:47pm On Sep 05, 2015
The problem with why most ladies are always treating like trash in most marriages is because most of dem are after riches bt 4get about their happiness which is d most valuable thing a woman can possess in life. A man mait giv u millions of naira yet treat and sees u jst as his intimacy gadget nothing more. A man mait b penniless yet still have d mindset to mak u feel dat u ar everytin and best in life. Look for someone u can build a home with not someone u'll jst b living with and the only way is by seeking to kno who a man his nt wot he is! Just know dat d only one dat wil face d consequence of d decision u make is u. Jst try ur best to know who they are because the wealth u seek as I understand is just an illusion dat u mait regret for d rest of ur life. I pray dat God help to choose the rait one because among all there is only one 'right one' for u. Be conscious of ur long time happiness dan d short one!!! Gud day
Re: I Don't Want To Regret My Decision And Miss Out On What Is For Me. Pls Advice by harffie(m): 6:04pm On Sep 05, 2015
Bonita101n2:
I knew there will be judgement. If I was a gold digger Mr nnachuks, I would not be here plus I am from a very well to do family duh! I am posting a dilemma, a lady with a lot of suitors and making the right decision so please go and rea through again and think well before spitting out garb.
Look at this one, they are telling you facts you're saying wharf......lol, coming to NL for some advice for a suitor. Common sense, where art thou?
Re: I Don't Want To Regret My Decision And Miss Out On What Is For Me. Pls Advice by laplace12(m): 6:25pm On Sep 05, 2015
kulikuli26:

I'm the "broke" guy she is probably referring to. Funny enough she called me around 4pm today after I stopped calling exactly a week ago. She might have reacted to the comments she got from here. I pray she isn't the one but can't just ignore the close resemblance of the story.

shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: I Don't Want To Regret My Decision And Miss Out On What Is For Me. Pls Advice by mgbedianya(m): 6:27pm On Sep 05, 2015
The Rich guy she dated couldn't marry her because he found out she is a gold digger. Thank God she did not say it happened to someone else
Re: I Don't Want To Regret My Decision And Miss Out On What Is For Me. Pls Advice by Nobody: 6:29pm On Sep 05, 2015
fadolak:

Pls don't be too harsh on her but honestly i really tink d brother is jobless. Her brother is not helping her at all.
My sister, stay with the not very rich guy if he is the type that gives despite the fact that he doesn't have much because you will enjoy him when he becomes rich.

nice prof pic
Re: I Don't Want To Regret My Decision And Miss Out On What Is For Me. Pls Advice by MrBasketball: 6:34pm On Sep 05, 2015
Well... UjSizzle happy birthday.
Re: I Don't Want To Regret My Decision And Miss Out On What Is For Me. Pls Advice by simi4me(m): 6:46pm On Sep 05, 2015
YourMain:
I'm sure you can work to earn money to achieve the lifestyle you want.

You never know what could happen to the rich guy you're not attracted to. He could lose his money then you'll have nothing.

A relationship should consist of both partners bringing something to the table. Go with the not so rich guy and work. That way you can eat your cake and have it.

This is the most sensible comment i have ever read coming form a girl. You just made me proud that we still have sensible girls in Nigeria.
Re: I Don't Want To Regret My Decision And Miss Out On What Is For Me. Pls Advice by ogaofficer(m): 6:47pm On Sep 05, 2015
EggovinMma come and see this one oooo......abeg i want to hear your own personal view.
Re: I Don't Want To Regret My Decision And Miss Out On What Is For Me. Pls Advice by Nobody: 6:50pm On Sep 05, 2015
Bonita101n2:

Madam before you gush out all sorts of words, take your time and read before spitting out garb. I'm from a very well to do family and working in a very good firm that peeps find it hard to get into. The benefits are very good in my company ok? I only wrote this to share my dilemma and temptation, not saying the rich ones are bad, I inly said it seems I'm drawn more to the not so rich.

Most of you don't even understand or even read what I had written, just rushed to say all sorts that have no relationship with what I had asked for calling me a gold digger. I am not and will never, ever, ever be a gold digger. I'm sure some of you calling me all sorts of names would at the speed of light pounce on a very rich suitor.

For some of the sincere advices, I truly appreciate, intact I'm still reading them, a lot of your advices are helping me... Let me continue reading all
you shot yourself from the way you narrated your story, you didn't say that you are also a "big girl". If you are also comfortable like you just claimed, then it's obvious you also want a comfortable man. But all in all are you even talking of dating or marrying these people( the rich guys and the our poor friend)
Re: I Don't Want To Regret My Decision And Miss Out On What Is For Me. Pls Advice by ifeomaekol(f): 7:03pm On Sep 05, 2015
Bonita101n2:
I knew there will be judgement. If I was a gold digger Mr nnachuks, I would not be here plus I am from a very well to do family duh! I am posting a dilemma, a lady with a lot of suitors and making the right decision so please go and rea through again and think well before spitting out garb.
my dear dnt mind him, instead of him to advice u wisely, he's dia writting God kws wat. Sm pple dnt hv any gd advice for others, always full of negativity. Pls go to God in prayers, and search very well within ur soul, ask urself questions dt ur afraid to answer n then honestly answer them. Since ur frm a well to do family will u b happy later if u marry ds guy? Kwing dt dia r smthns he cnt afford for u nw? Etc. Also watch him n kw if he's someone u cn live wt, attraction is gd bt often times doesn't last. God ll see u thru n u wnt make any mistake to regret. Jux pray.
Re: I Don't Want To Regret My Decision And Miss Out On What Is For Me. Pls Advice by ko7la: 7:09pm On Sep 05, 2015
NOBODY WILL ADVISE YOU TO SUITE YOUR ZEAL.THERE IS ONLY ONE THAT CAN ADVISE YOU AND YOU MUST AGREE WITH(HEART).DO WHAT WILL MAKE YOU HAPPY AND NOT WHAT OTHERS MIGHT SAY OR THINK.YOU HAVE YOUR LIFE TO LIVE.
Re: I Don't Want To Regret My Decision And Miss Out On What Is For Me. Pls Advice by Nobody: 7:13pm On Sep 05, 2015
YourMain:
I'm sure you can work to earn money to achieve the lifestyle you want.

You never know what could happen to the rich guy you're not attracted to. He couDont ld lose his money then you'll have nothing.

A relationship should consist of both partners bringing something to the tables. Go with the not so rich guy and work. That way you can eat your cake and have it.

don't look for rich guy you too can be rich by investing on prostitution. open s brothel for yourself.
Re: I Don't Want To Regret My Decision And Miss Out On What Is For Me. Pls Advice by Emodeee: 7:38pm On Sep 05, 2015
Missmossy:
Too much emphasis on the word 'rich, marriage isn't about wealth. Some couples are in plenty yet they are unhappy. Marriage isn't for babes too.

Ones mentality really matters, why not make yourself a better person. I would find it hard to reason the way you sound. It takes two you know, it's not always about what the guy brings to the table.

Its ladies like you that make some guys tag ladies like you gold diggers. A word is definitely enough for the wise.

See why u r always on my mind.
Re: I Don't Want To Regret My Decision And Miss Out On What Is For Me. Pls Advice by 2sizzlin(m): 7:49pm On Sep 05, 2015
Ishilove:

Abeg she should not follow heart o. The heart is carnal and can mislead. Let her follow the promptings of the Spirit of God who will never mislead.

Ishi love, follow prompting of the spirit kwa? Where she wan get the spirit from?
Everybody wants advice.
Nairaland counselling centre, where everybody has a P. Hd in counselling.

Meanwhile, I'm in a deep mess right now. I don't know if I should sleep tonight or not, I'm Confused 2

1 Like

Re: I Don't Want To Regret My Decision And Miss Out On What Is For Me. Pls Advice by Nobody: 7:52pm On Sep 05, 2015
ogechieku:
don't look for rich guy you too can be rich by investing on prostitution. open s brothel for yourself.

Okay. smiley
Re: I Don't Want To Regret My Decision And Miss Out On What Is For Me. Pls Advice by Nobody: 7:54pm On Sep 05, 2015
simi4me:

This is the most sensible comment i have ever read coming form a girl. You just made me proud that we still have sensible girls in Nigeria.

I'm sure they're loads of sensible girls in Nigeria if you look in the right places. Thank you. smiley

1 Like

Re: I Don't Want To Regret My Decision And Miss Out On What Is For Me. Pls Advice by BlackSwede(m): 7:55pm On Sep 05, 2015
kilokeys:

U mentioned "rich" ten times in ur article..

Pple try saying rich ten times

Rich
Rich
Rich
Rich
Rich
Rich
Rich
Rich
Rich
Rich

And the op is saying she isnt a gold digger.. I dey laff o

11 times actually

1 Like

Re: I Don't Want To Regret My Decision And Miss Out On What Is For Me. Pls Advice by Nobody: 8:02pm On Sep 05, 2015
Toks2008:

In as much as i agree with your standview i will also advice th lady to look deeply into that not so rich guy personal perspective of life so that she wont just love a poor man without a zeal to survive.

There are many jackass guys these days who will not mind living on the lady in their lives.

Furthermore i belong to the school of taught which believes that my lady has no role in financial contribution to the home front.

I care less if she makes millions a month,its my responsibility to take care of her and the home and she should save her money or do watever she likes with it.

Awh. I really do like the idea of the man taking care of his woman and the kids and all that. But I think that's if you're lucky enough its the icing on the cake.

If she's already attracted to the guy im sure the qualities in him are what make him attractive. Even though she wont be loaded and she won't have a man taking care of her but shell be happy.

I think at a point the material things lose their ability to make us happy and we search for something deeper. One day she will get saturated with all this money and all the stuff she can get with it. Then shell be unhappy. I think the other guy gives her a happy balance.
Re: I Don't Want To Regret My Decision And Miss Out On What Is For Me. Pls Advice by Nobody: 8:04pm On Sep 05, 2015
Professurr:
Your advice is on point.
I also have to say you have the prettiest lips have ever seen on NL

Awh thank you. I'm sure they're people with much nicer lips on NL though tongue smiley

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

10 Reasons Women Stick With Men That Beat Them... No 9 Will shock You! / My Fiancée Is Extorting Me / My Mom Just Ruined My Relationship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.