Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,130 members, 7,811,194 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:57 AM

''This May Be Why Jonathan Couldn’t End Boko Haram Insurgency'' - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ''This May Be Why Jonathan Couldn’t End Boko Haram Insurgency'' (46377 Views)

BBC Interview: Mrs Buhari Did What Mrs Jonathan Couldn’t Do -APC ‘spokesman’ / NAF Deploys Six Fighter Jets To End Boko Haram Insurgency / MTN Fueled Boko Haram Insurgency - President Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ''This May Be Why Jonathan Couldn’t End Boko Haram Insurgency'' by hajhud: 10:16am On Sep 07, 2015
legendboy:
I dont really know what is going on. Is it that someone paid everycountry that promised to help us not to help again? I dont knw y muslims are in nigeria
why not send them away.
Re: ''This May Be Why Jonathan Couldn’t End Boko Haram Insurgency'' by Toks2008(m): 10:16am On Sep 07, 2015
gidjah:
U said nothing but the truth bro,the western world saw how unpatriotic jona and his cronies where, that's why they chosed never to help.did we also forgot how they left our soil un ceremoniously after they all pledged to help rescue our girls the other time ??

The most unfortunate twist was that American troops realized the unseriousness of our government and they just left n decided nver to be part of the propanganda.
Re: ''This May Be Why Jonathan Couldn’t End Boko Haram Insurgency'' by DrayZee: 10:18am On Sep 07, 2015
Re: ''This May Be Why Jonathan Couldn’t End Boko Haram Insurgency'' by DrayZee: 10:18am On Sep 07, 2015
Reyginus:
He may want it but he will not try it. The consequences would be disastrous. I just have a blind faith it will come to an end. Even if temporarily so the party can win the next election.
So your mind now is that Boko Haram should stop small so that APC will win the next election. You think there will be peace afterwards?
Re: ''This May Be Why Jonathan Couldn’t End Boko Haram Insurgency'' by Osisie(m): 10:20am On Sep 07, 2015
undecided
Seun:
That's awful but its still nothing compared to what's been going on in the north east.

Abeg na the Seun Osewa be this? cheesy
So, im sef dey bookspace. grin

First time wey I go see am post for thread live. cheesy

Abeg na joke I dey o.....
Re: ''This May Be Why Jonathan Couldn’t End Boko Haram Insurgency'' by gidjah(m): 10:20am On Sep 07, 2015
chukwudi44:

You need to give me proof Ihejirika was corrupt!! I can't just take your words for it!! More people on daily average have died under the new service chiefs than they did under Ihejirika yet you claim the army is winning!!! How myopic of you
chukwudi,you be civilian,wetin I go share with you if not civilian matter,abeg leave that matter alone bro,and more over,since you seem to be blinded by ethnicism ,I shall not go beyond this with you.me to give you of my bosses corrupt practices evidence?WHO U BE SEFF??!!
Re: ''This May Be Why Jonathan Couldn’t End Boko Haram Insurgency'' by ernecy(m): 10:20am On Sep 07, 2015
Am even more confused than ever

1 Like

Re: ''This May Be Why Jonathan Couldn’t End Boko Haram Insurgency'' by sayemma: 10:21am On Sep 07, 2015
Hmm they did every thing by putting the budgeted fund for arms in the army generals pocket baa?
Re: ''This May Be Why Jonathan Couldn’t End Boko Haram Insurgency'' by signz: 10:21am On Sep 07, 2015
Let's not forget about saboteurs within the security forces all of whom are now free and reinstated.
Re: ''This May Be Why Jonathan Couldn’t End Boko Haram Insurgency'' by gidjah(m): 10:22am On Sep 07, 2015
Toks2008:

The most unfortunate twist was that American troops realized the unseriousness of our government and they just left n decided nver to be part of the propanganda.
Abeg ignore some ignoants peeps saying what they know nothing about
Re: ''This May Be Why Jonathan Couldn’t End Boko Haram Insurgency'' by Nobody: 10:23am On Sep 07, 2015
AnanseK:

Buhari was attacked with guns and bombs at Kaduna and was nearly killed.
It was either the work of BH or that of GEJ and his government. What you are forcing me to believe now is the latter. I hope that too will be investigated for us to know exactly who wanted Buhari dead.
You are missing something. If Boko Haram try to kill you they will you. If the government try to kill you they will. Nobody needs any show for it. You cannot win one whose aim is to be destroyed and you cannot win the government if it exists.

I'm not forcing you to believe anything but to reason in this case. I never called him their sponsor but I'm hundred percent sure he was sympathetic maybe he still is. But politics changes almost everything.

1 Like

Re: ''This May Be Why Jonathan Couldn’t End Boko Haram Insurgency'' by DrayZee: 10:24am On Sep 07, 2015
okotv:
I wish I could just say what I know about the war but I won't cause its confidential. All I would say is simple, be happy Jonathan was voted out.
Gerarahia joor you dont know anything. Just say you want to blame Jonathan for all the problems in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: ''This May Be Why Jonathan Couldn’t End Boko Haram Insurgency'' by Nobody: 10:24am On Sep 07, 2015
DrayZee:

So your mind now is that Boko Haram should stop small so that APC will win the next election. You don't even care about the blood shed going on. You are an enemy to Nigeria's progress. People like you spoil this country
No. How do you understand?
Re: ''This May Be Why Jonathan Couldn’t End Boko Haram Insurgency'' by yanabasee(m): 10:24am On Sep 07, 2015
Jexyme:

I'm a Nincompoop!
. . Mumu grin
Re: ''This May Be Why Jonathan Couldn’t End Boko Haram Insurgency'' by DrayZee: 10:25am On Sep 07, 2015
Reyginus:
No. How do you understand?
Read my post again and explain pls
Re: ''This May Be Why Jonathan Couldn’t End Boko Haram Insurgency'' by Misterdhee1(m): 10:25am On Sep 07, 2015
legendboy:
I dont really know what is going on. Is it that someone paid everycountry that promised to help us not to help again? I dont knw y muslims are in nigeria
does it also occur to u that u can decide to denounce ur nationality and go ahead with individuals with the same mentality as urs to form A Federal Republic of Xtians cos Its a free world!
Re: ''This May Be Why Jonathan Couldn’t End Boko Haram Insurgency'' by arsetalks(m): 10:26am On Sep 07, 2015
Seun:
The Christian president chose to forgo weapons rather than end human rights violations. The muslim president did the opposite. Very ironic.
Type of post you should be making Seun.
Re: ''This May Be Why Jonathan Couldn’t End Boko Haram Insurgency'' by yanabasee(m): 10:27am On Sep 07, 2015
babaarewa:

Sai Baba! Baba has served and still serving his country in various capacities (IE as a military Officer/Head of state) and now President of the Federal Republic. Tell us what that your lazy agogora drinking father has done for his father land?
Hehehehe.... grin
You think everyone's father's like ur stupiid father right?
Atleast, most people's father don't steal people's thing like your father...
Most people"s father don't go around sleeping with their daughters like ur retarded father who fingers ur sisters every night....
Shameless son of a bastard... grin

2 Likes

Re: ''This May Be Why Jonathan Couldn’t End Boko Haram Insurgency'' by Anasko(m): 10:28am On Sep 07, 2015
bakila:

Mubi was declared an administrative city by Boko rams. It is a few kilometres away from the home of the CDS. The size is more than Belgium, from Konduga to Gombi is more than 600 kilometres.
They want to exonerated GEJ after Nigerians have declared their verdict on his failures.
Re: ''This May Be Why Jonathan Couldn’t End Boko Haram Insurgency'' by Kennitrust(m): 10:28am On Sep 07, 2015
the simplest reasons they refused to help Nigeria is "our refusal to recognize same-sex marriage. Today in the Western world, preacher of the gospel of Christ re been jailed for refusing to wed same sex couple. Although they (the Westerner) will refused to put it straight as the reason, but that the reasons behind every excuses put together. But we re safe in God.
Re: ''This May Be Why Jonathan Couldn’t End Boko Haram Insurgency'' by Nobody: 10:29am On Sep 07, 2015
DrayZee:

Read my post again and explain pls
You are of the opinion that I'm proposing that Book Haram should pause and continue later, so I would like to know how you got that? Or where I say so?
Re: ''This May Be Why Jonathan Couldn’t End Boko Haram Insurgency'' by MrIyke002(m): 10:29am On Sep 07, 2015
bestest001:
As President Muhammadu Buhari looks into the Boko Haram war efforts of the last administration, information has emerged that Nigeria’s traditional allies in the West deliberately frustrated the efforts of former President Goodluck Jonathan’s, towards bringing an end to terrorists’ activities in the country.

A security source disclosed in Abuja that Nigeria, during Jonathan’s administration, 25 letters were written to the United States of America and other Western nations, seeking to acquire weapons to combat the terrorists, but they all turned down the requests.

“What was most painful was the fact that Nigeria was not begging to be given those weapons as gifts. We were ready to pay for them but they turned their backs on us when we needed them most.“ The same people who made all the promises about assisting us to bring an end to the Boko Haram attacks and bring back the abducted Chibok girls did everything they could to frustrate our efforts. “A conclusion was reached that the nation would suffer more devastation should she continue to beg those we regarded as our friends when things were going on well with us. It was at that point that the nation had to look elsewhere, especially towards the East and Asia”, he said.

Source: http://ynaija.com/jonathan-couldnt-end-insurgency/?utm_source=&utm_medium=facebook
at this modern dispensation,we are still begging for ammunition?what happen to all these military trainings abroad....does it mean no ammunition training abi only combat training.God have mercy for how long can we continue begging
Re: ''This May Be Why Jonathan Couldn’t End Boko Haram Insurgency'' by hitchowoyemi(m): 10:31am On Sep 07, 2015
legendboy:

Smh.. Muslims in Nigeria? Lmao. Look around you dude, more than half of the Nigerian population are Muslims. Hmm... u need history lady, Nigeria wasn't xtian or Muslim. *sigh*.. nawa oo.. is ignorance Bliss or a disease
Re: ''This May Be Why Jonathan Couldn’t End Boko Haram Insurgency'' by speedyGonzales: 10:33am On Sep 07, 2015
ellechrystal:

I hope the cluefull and macho present government fights n wins.
Because d same US who promised to help d intelligent daura president said they won't give weapons same as they did Jonathan. U know d reason y.
So stop talking in that manner. Cos in 3 years u may not be able to defend the present govt

Americans and the west are such hypocrites, they tortured terrorist in Afghanistan and Iraq but we defend ourselves against demons and they call it human rights violations... Oyibo's are full of shit!!! that's why Jonathan cancelled that joint army training with america, when they wanted our vote at the UN to enable pass their motion to attack Libya and remove Gaddaffi, we were allies but after the throw us under the bus.

such hypocrites...
Re: ''This May Be Why Jonathan Couldn’t End Boko Haram Insurgency'' by DrayZee: 10:33am On Sep 07, 2015
Reyginus:
You are of the opinion that I'm proposing that Book Haram should pause and continue later, so I would like to know how you got that? Or where I say so?
"I just have a blind faith it will come to an end. Even if temporarily so the party can win the next election"
Didn't you type that?
Re: ''This May Be Why Jonathan Couldn’t End Boko Haram Insurgency'' by successinlife: 10:34am On Sep 07, 2015
Seun:
The Christian president chose to forgo weapons rather than end human rights violations. The muslim president did the opposite. Very ironic.

There is diplomacy in dealing with some issues in Nigeria,this we have to accept or reject it as individual citizens,the country is delicate to deal with,we are religious to the core in Nigeria hence should a xtian leader fight a muslim attack as should be the north will raise alarm saying it is an attempt to wipe out muslim or north and should a muslim leader decides to wage full war on a xtian attack,christians in like manner will raise their voice to say it is an anti xtian attempt,Buhari and the new military chief,Buratai are not checked or considered anti muslim because they are also muslim,hence nobody will have a second thought on their action to checkmate boko haram,if Jonathan had tried half of what Buhari has done in just 100 days in office,people like BUHARI,EMIR of Kano and all would have staged massive protest to say the soldiers are killing civilians in the north.It is good for a muslim to lead against a muslim terrorist group. No haram.

4 Likes

Re: ''This May Be Why Jonathan Couldn’t End Boko Haram Insurgency'' by ybalogs(m): 10:34am On Sep 07, 2015
Plz, in4m al Ur ppl dt travel or gonna travelling along Ilesha/Osu jnctn on Ilesha/Ibadan Express...dt Armed Robbers hv blocked d road n ar in operations rt nw, ds morning. Live witness confirmed it. Broadcast pls!
Re: ''This May Be Why Jonathan Couldn’t End Boko Haram Insurgency'' by Nobody: 10:35am On Sep 07, 2015
hitchowoyemi:

Smh.. Muslims in Nigeria? Lmao. Look around you dude, more than half of the Nigerian population are Muslims. Hmm... u need history lady, Nigeria wasn't xtian or Muslim. *sigh*.. nawa oo.. is ignorance Bliss or a disease
I dont agree with that. Muslims are not more than the Christians in Nigeria. Ignorance is a bliss here if you get what I mean.
Re: ''This May Be Why Jonathan Couldn’t End Boko Haram Insurgency'' by ArodewilliamsT: 10:37am On Sep 07, 2015
Seun:
That's awful but its still nothing compared to what's been going on in the north east.

Three lives nothing? Because they are Biafrans? And you say your president protects human right?
Re: ''This May Be Why Jonathan Couldn’t End Boko Haram Insurgency'' by Anasko(m): 10:37am On Sep 07, 2015
We shall defeat BOKO HARAM as we defeated their creators PDP. BY GOD GRACE. fuc.k the Biafrauds.
Re: ''This May Be Why Jonathan Couldn’t End Boko Haram Insurgency'' by Classicool(m): 10:37am On Sep 07, 2015
Some people just without reasoning... Do they think it's easy to break any diplomatic pacts...
That's what kept GEJ behind... The bilateral relationship between Nigeria and the west is more thicker than that of Eurasia(Eastasia)...
But whenever we are having a problem in this country like war the West always ignore and they will bring up some fake lies and frustrate our efforts of getting alternative from other countries...
And Only Russia and China always come to our aid.
And they have been doing so since the time of civil war.
The refuse to sell us weapon then also...
All I can say about them is that they are too self centred... Bastard west.

1 Like

Re: ''This May Be Why Jonathan Couldn’t End Boko Haram Insurgency'' by Nobody: 10:38am On Sep 07, 2015
DrayZee:

"I just have a blind faith it will come to an end. Even if temporarily so the party can win the next election"
Didn't you type that?
So how does it mean I want it to pause and continue. Didn't you think I may be speaking of the Party's strategy if it gets worse? Wasn't that what happened in the last days of Jonathan? So explain to me how a party's victory strategy is my dream for the war?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

"Jega Needs All The Help He Can Get" - APC Says In Hilarious Picture / Troops Ambush Boko Haram Terrorists At Major Cattle Market In Borno. See Photos / Emefiele Must Go Protest Storms Aso Rock

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.