Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,740 members, 7,817,042 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:27 AM

Sometimes I Want To Regret Going To School - Jobs/Vacancies (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Sometimes I Want To Regret Going To School (40616 Views)

7 Emerging Tech Jobs That Are Going To Pay Well In 2019 / Pls Help, Am Begining To Regret Ever Giving Out 6yrs Of My Life To Education / Advice, He Was Invited For A Chat after a brave reply to the regret letter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sometimes I Want To Regret Going To School by kpaofame: 12:35am On Sep 11, 2015
TastyTuoyo:
stop all this lamenting it will get you no where

what did you study?

GET UP! if you head cant get you a job your hand will

go and learn something tailoring, welding,shoe -making etc

That's the Issue....go back and learn tailoring and Welding or pick up a trade....then the years of schooling is indeed wasted.....
Re: Sometimes I Want To Regret Going To School by Boshemann(m): 1:55pm On Sep 11, 2015
The question is: what else would you have done?
Re: Sometimes I Want To Regret Going To School by seanjy4konji: 4:39pm On Sep 11, 2015
The calculations/equations that goes on in a yahoo boys brain/physical activity(without science man) before he even gets a pay day can never be even compared to a graduate regular job. Its not a job for dullards also...too bad the society is degrading and we all think its a joke.
Alvanify:
I know how you feel brother, what you just lamented is reality.
This is a country where even yahoo boy has a brighter future than a graduate.
Check it.
Re: Sometimes I Want To Regret Going To School by afm4ever(m): 5:13pm On Sep 11, 2015
stanvesco:

robert kiyosaki
thanks
Re: Sometimes I Want To Regret Going To School by afm4ever(m): 5:16pm On Sep 11, 2015
hmm what a wonderfull insight
Re: Sometimes I Want To Regret Going To School by ElderOdedun(m): 9:47pm On Sep 11, 2015
[color=#000099][/color]Learning a trade should be made compulsory to all to complement western education
forix4u:
Sometimes I want to regret going to school because arguably I still fail to see the reasons or benefits of going to school. Yesterday a friend of mine whose parents took him to learn electrical on cars after primary school, went to withdraw 1.5m to purchase a jeep. His story building is near completion, married and blessed with 2 wonderful kids. We all know what it takes to have a story building in Lagos. This my friend barely reads a simple sentence.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not envious of him rather I'm happy but today, I'd to take a seat and remembered how he convinced me to join him in learning this same handiwork that has made him the prospective landlord and car owner that he's today while I chose to go to school to acquire a certificate only to have graduated and served fathers land without a job to even make boast of. I also have some friends who dropped after secondary school, today they are all married and living good...

It's kinda annoying and I don't know if to say regrettable for going to school because it has not even paid off. The annoying aspect self is most jobs today can't even foot one's expenses and bills due to the hash economy and almost every job you get today is contract base, so one begins to think what is the purpose of spending several years reading without any tangible benefit awaiting stresslessly.

Re: Sometimes I Want To Regret Going To School by Nobody: 6:06am On Sep 15, 2015
kpaofame:

That's the Issue....go back and learn tailoring and Welding or pick up a trade....then the years of schooling is indeed wasted.....

Thank you my brother. I always emphatically state that if what one can become in life is a tailor, a welder, a truck pusher, a danfo driver/conductor etc, then there was obviously no need of going to the university. That he could have become without spending resources such as years, money, psychology (in terms of cracking one's brain reading) and others when he could've simply picked up one of those jobs and start doing it right away whether he went to primary and secondary or not.
Re: Sometimes I Want To Regret Going To School by calculator123(m): 11:56pm On Sep 16, 2015
lonelydora:
A times, I regret studying Engineering. Not that I'm not doing well but for some personal reasons.
my bro wat branch did u study.
Re: Sometimes I Want To Regret Going To School by lonelydora: 12:12am On Sep 17, 2015
calculator123:
my bro wat branch did u study.

Electrical Engineering @ UNN.
Re: Sometimes I Want To Regret Going To School by calculator123(m): 12:19am On Sep 17, 2015
lonelydora:

Electrical Engineering @ UNN.
well.me dey study my maths and statistics jeje but y u dey regret na

1 Like

Re: Sometimes I Want To Regret Going To School by lonelydora: 1:17am On Sep 17, 2015
calculator123:
well.me dey study my maths and statistics jeje but y u dey regret na

Personal reasons, not money because I'm doing very well as an engineer.
Re: Sometimes I Want To Regret Going To School by calculator123(m): 2:04am On Sep 17, 2015
lonelydora:

Personal reasons, not money because I'm doing very well as an engineer.
do u work in an oil and gas coy if yes av u seen anyone with bsc maths and or statistics
Re: Sometimes I Want To Regret Going To School by lonelydora: 2:15am On Sep 17, 2015
calculator123:
do u work in an oil and gas coy if yes av u seen anyone with bsc maths and or statistics

I work in Oil and Gas. Maths and Statistics is a good course to study. They are few in Nigeria which makes them to get job easily. And if u r planning to leave the shores of Nigeria, be rest assured u will hit it big time.

They are in accounts and planning depts.
Re: Sometimes I Want To Regret Going To School by calculator123(m): 2:22am On Sep 17, 2015
lonelydora:

I work in Oil and Gas. Maths and Statistics is a good course to study. They are few in Nigeria which makes them to get job easily. And if u r planning to leave the shores of Nigeria, be rest assured u will hit it big time.

They are in accounts and planning depts.
do u av an idea if msc in mechanical engrg can be done after bsc.
Re: Sometimes I Want To Regret Going To School by lonelydora: 2:24am On Sep 17, 2015
calculator123:
do u av an idea if msc in mechanical engrg can be done after bsc.

Sorry. Don't know about that.
Re: Sometimes I Want To Regret Going To School by calculator123(m): 2:32am On Sep 17, 2015
lonelydora:

Sorry. Don't know about that.
tnx anyways
Re: Sometimes I Want To Regret Going To School by sekem: 3:27pm On Jul 09, 2022
Souljaboi1:
I do not mean to sound condescending, but if you spent 4-5 years in a University despite hearing stories of the situation in the labour market; I don't understand why you are regretting your actions now.

I believe you were hopeful that you would achieve something great with your degree after leaving school, well now that you're out you shouldn't lose hope. The struggles might be hard at first, but with determination and conscious efforts, you'll get through.

However, if you decide that regret is what you would engage yourself in now instead of taking the bull by the horn; then I have no pity for you.

You make it seem like everyone who goes to learn a trade makes it big. There is something called destiny, believing in it while doing the best you possible can would help you live a life with less regret.

Seems like you just know how to hit below the belt very well?

No mercy at all.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

2017 HEINEKEN International Graduate Trainee Recruitment / Npower News Nairaland Thread / N-Power: FG To ‘Disengage’ Over 200,000 Beneficiaries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.