Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,667 members, 7,816,739 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:07 PM

Sometimes I Want To Regret Going To School - Jobs/Vacancies (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Sometimes I Want To Regret Going To School (40608 Views)

7 Emerging Tech Jobs That Are Going To Pay Well In 2019 / Pls Help, Am Begining To Regret Ever Giving Out 6yrs Of My Life To Education / Advice, He Was Invited For A Chat after a brave reply to the regret letter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sometimes I Want To Regret Going To School by francizy(m): 3:19pm On Sep 09, 2015
kaboninc:

LMAO..... cheesy cheesy cheesy

GOan get a refund nau..... cheesy cheesy cheesy

Yeye boy. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

That babe you give me, EggovinNma, she like money tooo mush oh....she wan know the dept of my pocket

LoL.. No be you want woman...? cheesy

Enjoy cool
Re: Sometimes I Want To Regret Going To School by menxer: 3:21pm On Sep 09, 2015
I discovered that going to school is not a guarantee for living the good life but for "mental" development. grin

so many rich and wealthy people abound that never sat in front of a blackboard, I meet them on daily basis.

Broda, "...riches is not to men of wisdom..."

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sometimes I Want To Regret Going To School by datguru: 3:23pm On Sep 09, 2015
jazinogold:
I feel your pain bro...i have many friends too who are in this state as you are. . .o believe its a phase in one's life that is expedient we pass through how we manage this phase will be a determinant on how zealous we are towards being successful!

as for me. ..I have started learning some crafts! at least I can produce custard, body cream, liquid soap! I still v alot more to learn! a friend of mine who just finished his nysc n graduated wit a good grade told me he has started learning how to make dreadlocks for people!

may God see us tru in our various endeavors!

I am JAZINOGOLD, and I just want to make common sense!

That's good. I think I am interesting I learning how to make custard, body cream and liquid soap.. Can you teach me ? Please
Re: Sometimes I Want To Regret Going To School by tefund(m): 3:25pm On Sep 09, 2015
macklef:
Guy the reality of life does not depend on whether u goto school or not.
I dont believe in destiny but whenever we are faced with two choices, i believe
U have 2 possible outcomes. Just as u chosed school n have not gotten ur glory uptil
Now, some in ur same class have. And i can tell u alot of electrician who are so broke dey dont know how d next day wil.
All fingers are not equa n life plays this scripts wella
u just spoke my mind
Re: Sometimes I Want To Regret Going To School by viktor01(m): 3:33pm On Sep 09, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:

This is the same lie that motivational speakers sell to young people.
grin grin grin
Re: Sometimes I Want To Regret Going To School by dblaisepascal(m): 3:35pm On Sep 09, 2015
Make a vow to God, be useful in His Service, serve him wholeheartedly, rededicated ur future to him' plea for his direction' I bet in 5months' ur story will be different' I AM A LIVING TESTIMONY #JEHOVAH NEVER FAILS
Re: Sometimes I Want To Regret Going To School by Nobody: 3:53pm On Sep 09, 2015
dearpreye:

I see your Source now! That endless oasis of wisdom!

Thanks for your contribution.

Never mind. Folks are reading it, and I believe it's changing a few.
Yea, I hope people get it right. Gracia sir.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sometimes I Want To Regret Going To School by Tex42(m): 3:57pm On Sep 09, 2015
jazinogold:
I feel your pain bro...i have many friends too who are in this state as you are. . .o believe its a phase in one's life that is expedient we pass through how we manage this phase will be a determinant on how zealous we are towards being successful!

as for me. ..I have started learning some crafts! at least I can produce custard, body cream, liquid soap! I still v alot more to learn! a friend of mine who just finished his nysc n graduated wit a good grade told me he has started learning how to make dreadlocks for people!

may God see us tru in our various endeavors!

I am JAZINOGOLD, and I just want to make common sense!
you made a rare and sophisticated sense bro. Thanks!

1 Like

Re: Sometimes I Want To Regret Going To School by islandmoon: 4:00pm On Sep 09, 2015
real self development is the key!
Re: Sometimes I Want To Regret Going To School by Nobody: 4:02pm On Sep 09, 2015
JefLonDon:
OP no lie U no get First Class or 2:1

I sure say na 3rd class u get

Na people like u dey make skul tire person to go
Lol...u sound and every other person sound funny to me... I do not own u any proof of my qualification huh!!! And in case u do not understand me well read d topic again.
Re: Sometimes I Want To Regret Going To School by Obiwannn: 4:05pm On Sep 09, 2015
menix:

Yeep bro..
wow...i hope itz greener on the other side
Re: Sometimes I Want To Regret Going To School by Nobody: 4:12pm On Sep 09, 2015
AgapeCharis:
Yea, I hope people get it right. Gracia sir.

I sincerely hope so too.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Sometimes I Want To Regret Going To School by GodswillAJudins(m): 4:18pm On Sep 09, 2015
vfactor:

If you put your mind to it and u find its revelence in the society, why not. I am only against courses where u have to seek office employment before u can make money.

Thanks.

I chose engineering because I want to work on my analytical and creative ability. I don't want to rely on my certificate, but instead my certificate will rely on me. BGG
Re: Sometimes I Want To Regret Going To School by millionboi(m): 4:19pm On Sep 09, 2015
Alvanify:
I know how you feel brother, what you just lamented is reality.
This is a country where even yahoo boy has a brighter future than a graduate.
Check it.
Kai u wicked ooooo
Re: Sometimes I Want To Regret Going To School by millionboi(m): 4:25pm On Sep 09, 2015
JefLonDon:
OP no lie U no get First Class or 2:1

I sure say na 3rd class u get

Na people like u dey make skul tire person to go
grow up
Re: Sometimes I Want To Regret Going To School by Nobody: 4:37pm On Sep 09, 2015
u r not alone bro... Just be focus
Re: Sometimes I Want To Regret Going To School by Nobody: 4:39pm On Sep 09, 2015
@jeflondon, i av 2:1
Re: Sometimes I Want To Regret Going To School by BekeeBuAgbara: 4:50pm On Sep 09, 2015
May God help Naija
Re: Sometimes I Want To Regret Going To School by grovec: 5:11pm On Sep 09, 2015
A Letter to MTN
Dear MTN,
I will not go and re-register my line. You can fool
everyone if you like, you might have fooled me
before, but you would never fool me again. The
only reason while you continue to pull the wool
over our gullible eyes is
because the consumer rights’ protection
agencies are either in the
vegetative state, or completely dead.
How can you explain a situation where you would
tell your millions of teeming subscribers to
register their SIM cards and provide the
necessary bio-data, only for you to wake up one
morning to tell us to go and register our lines
again WITH ABSOLUTELY NO EXPLANATION? It
beats my imagination and it defies not just logic,
but also philosophy. Were you drunk when you
were registering our numbers? Did a malicious
virus wipe your entire database? Maybe I’m
giving you guys too much credit sef. You
probably wrote the records in books like an
ancient bookkeeper and a giant yellow rat ate
them all.
Whatever your reasons (or lack of reasons) may
be, this is beyond ridiculous.
I have always maintained an MTN line because
apart from being my very first line, most of my
close associates/friends also use MTN. To some
extent, the coverage is also extensive. I didn’t
hesitate when the directive came from NCC to
register
our lines. I braved the queue, registered my line
and collected my security number. Didn’t I try
enough? Looking back, I can deduce that my
attachment to MTN was more sentimental than
practical, as your tariffs are the highest for calls
and for browsing. You send an average of 100
spam texts per day, enough to run down a
Blackberry battery and more than enough to give
any Osun State government worker waiting for
Aregbesola’s alert acute hypertension. Your
nuisance value knows no bounds. Even Airtel that
has been passed round different investors more times than a devil’s mail bag has
not come up with this kind of Grade A foolishness.
What the heck is wrong with you? Don’t your
customers mean anything to u

2 Likes

Re: Sometimes I Want To Regret Going To School by RaeMystix: 5:14pm On Sep 09, 2015
vfactor:
University education is over rated, especially when u don't study any practical or professional course like engineering, law and medicine (not all engineering courses apply sef). With a good/sound basic education (primary and secondary) and profitable trade, one can survive and live well.

Currently in the same situation, and now heading towards healthcare.
Re: Sometimes I Want To Regret Going To School by julbeauty(f): 5:17pm On Sep 09, 2015
yes,i regret going to school sometimes,no good offer for 2:2 grads anymore.
if i had invested my sch fees,hostel fees,time fees etc a long time ago ,would ve completed my own house by now,with my cars and good income,look at it now after d whole night classing n stress days on campus,i ended up doing d same trade the illiterates are involved in.But there is still HOPE.

2 Likes

Re: Sometimes I Want To Regret Going To School by macminista(m): 5:22pm On Sep 09, 2015
My broda education is not a criteria for success (Making money)in life....thats the mistake most pple make, especially from this part of the world we live in..making money is a different ball game of its own..What we lack is the inability of our institutions( schools, family ) etc to teach financial education..look for a need and provide solutions for that need and let your money work for you and not you working for money....u wonder why friend is making money? His parents saw a "need" and made him acquired the necessary skills " electrical wiring in cars" to cater for the demand..with discipline he saved up subtential amount and let his money work for him by investing in real estate which will bring more returns(Rent etc)...How many billionaires you know that made their first " real millions" as graduates, phd holders?
Re: Sometimes I Want To Regret Going To School by seeker121(m): 5:24pm On Sep 09, 2015
Never compare them with yourself,one thing u didn't realise is that your destiny is in your hand.
Re: Sometimes I Want To Regret Going To School by 400billionman: 5:44pm On Sep 09, 2015
forix4u:
Sometimes I want to regret going to school because arguably I still fail to see the reasons or benefits of going to school. Yesterday a friend of mine whose parents took him to learn electrical on cars after primary school, went to withdraw 1.5m to purchase a jeep. His story building is near completion, married and blessed with 2 wonderful kids. We all know what it takes to have a story building in Lagos. This my friend barely reads a simple sentence.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not envious of him rather I'm happy but today, I'd to take a seat and remembered how he convinced me to join him in learning this same handiwork that has made him the prospective landlord and car owner that he's today while I chose to go to school to acquire a certificate only to have graduated and served fathers land without a job to even make boast of. I also have some friends who dropped after secondary school, today they are all married and living good...

It's kinda annoying and I don't know if to say regrettable for going to school because it has not even paid off. The annoying aspect self is most jobs today can't even foot one's expenses and bills due to the hash economy and almost every job you get today is contract base, so one begins to think what is the purpose of spending several years reading without any tangible benefit awaiting stresslessly.

I feel for you. I do take this thought pattern sometimes being that i have friends who made it earlier through business than i did.

Acquire as many skills as possible and do not allow your children pass through what you are passing through right now.
Re: Sometimes I Want To Regret Going To School by loshybab(m): 6:16pm On Sep 09, 2015
vilight:
the hardest thing in life is learning to stop comparing ourselves to others. if u can do this congratz because u have just closed the door to sorrow, regret and many other negative emotion
our path in life are different, our destiny, hope and dream can be linked to us only.
U dsav my personal honorable award membership 'NAGOSIC' (national grp of sensible and insightful commenter) #thumbs up 4u alone!
Re: Sometimes I Want To Regret Going To School by tall2ce(m): 6:24pm On Sep 09, 2015
in this country we even av offline yahoo yahoo buys called politicians
Re: Sometimes I Want To Regret Going To School by Nobody: 6:43pm On Sep 09, 2015
Alvanify:
I know how you feel brother, what you just lamented is reality.
This is a country where even yahoo boy has a brighter future than a graduate.
Check it.

Presently, I know a yahoo boy who makes at least a million naira every month.
Re: Sometimes I Want To Regret Going To School by Nobody: 6:44pm On Sep 09, 2015
Achilies:
Op I feel ur pain.

Success has nothing to do with the level of your education. It have a lot to do with u as an individual.

Till this day some people still find it hard that am not a graduate and from a poor background.

When I finished my secondary school I decided to go try business. It was not easy but today at the age of 32, I am a made man. I can boast of more than 20m in my account, 6 different shops, 3 cars ( BMW 7S, Toyota spider and Honda baby boy. 4 plots of land in port Harcourt and a mansion in the village.

Focus, ambition, determination and the willingness to the Risk is most of the things u need to succeed and not your certificate

@bold
Not true.

In sane countries, GOOD education opens doors for you.
People like you are the exception, not the rule.

1 Like

Re: Sometimes I Want To Regret Going To School by Nobody: 6:46pm On Sep 09, 2015
forix4u:
Sometimes I want to regret going to school because arguably I still fail to see the reasons or benefits of going to school. Yesterday a friend of mine whose parents took him to learn electrical on cars after primary school, went to withdraw 1.5m to purchase a jeep. His story building is near completion, married and blessed with 2 wonderful kids. We all know what it takes to have a story building in Lagos. This my friend barely reads a simple sentence.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not envious of him rather I'm happy but today, I'd to take a seat and remembered how he convinced me to join him in learning this same handiwork that has made him the prospective landlord and car owner that he's today while I chose to go to school to acquire a certificate only to have graduated and served fathers land without a job to even make boast of. I also have some friends who dropped after secondary school, today they are all married and living good...

It's kinda annoying and I don't know if to say regrettable for going to school because it has not even paid off. The annoying aspect self is most jobs today can't even foot one's expenses and bills due to the hash economy and almost every job you get today is contract base, so one begins to think what is the purpose of spending several years reading without any tangible benefit awaiting stresslessly.

Learning a proper handiwork is also education!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sometimes I Want To Regret Going To School by greall12(m): 6:47pm On Sep 09, 2015
Everything is destiny.
Re: Sometimes I Want To Regret Going To School by Nobody: 7:05pm On Sep 09, 2015
livinbygrace:

What of the Nigerian Politicians,are they not fraudsters?Go ask of Fayoshe Londoner in the early 90s,Tinubu of chicago in the 80s,Kashamu Buruji and co,then you will know whatsup.You talk of perseverance in Nigeria ,where u have nobody or any connection.Unitil you get to 40yrs and all the available jobs re requesting for a 25yr old applicant with 10yrs working experience.I knew of a popular yahoo boy in early 2000s,today is a chairman of a local government.No worry stay there,dey carry file up and down ,ur eye go soon clear.

Iol I have passed the phase of carrying files I live comfortable have my own rides have my own house the only thing missing is a woman and she is in the offing.No worry dey compare yourself with a one time yahoo boy who is know a local government chairman you eyes go soon shed tears
Re: Sometimes I Want To Regret Going To School by JumiaQuickSales(f): 7:31pm On Sep 09, 2015
op, the problem isn't with school

the problem is with the wrong orientation our parents, society and educational system gave us about school.

the essence of school according to our parents etc is to make us finish and get job, get paid salaries and become rich. wrong!

salary makes no one rich! even oil workers get broke few years after resignation/sack/retirement. salary only makes one comfortable. plus how many jobs truly exist?

the essence of school is for knowledge and education- to open up your mind to think out of the box. education is supposed make us job creators,not job finders. university isn't supposed to be a guarantee for wealth but a starting point of preparing us to make intelligent decisions. if you doubt me, go and do your research, how many professors own universities? why don't they? because they don't think that way. they think job, they don't think creation.

that friend of yours isnt educated but makes so much from his business. imagine if you, with all your knowledge and intelligence go into same business! you will definitely use innovations that only a graduate is supposed to have and move mountains in that business

i will teach my children to go through school and gain education/knowledge,not to find job but to know how to create jobs. dont ask me how because i learnt well from my mistakes. i failed and failed and finally learnt and now, i am a success. my children will get the right orientation from the onset

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

2017 HEINEKEN International Graduate Trainee Recruitment / Npower News Nairaland Thread / N-Power: FG To ‘Disengage’ Over 200,000 Beneficiaries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.