Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,693 members, 7,816,834 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:23 PM

My Wife Nags Anytime Am Broke, Please Advise - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Wife Nags Anytime Am Broke, Please Advise (37685 Views)

My Wife Nags A Lot / Females In Nigeria (F.I.N) Facebook Member, Nags Husband To Death / Wife Nags And Prioritises Of Her Family Responsibilities Above Her Marital Home. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Wife Nags Anytime Am Broke, Please Advise by Chubhie: 6:27am On Sep 09, 2015
Once upon a time, It was only abundant farmlands that was needed to plough to create wealth for the family.

I'm a farmer and I miss the wise ways of our forefathers.
Re: My Wife Nags Anytime Am Broke, Please Advise by Lawfredsam(m): 6:28am On Sep 09, 2015
bjprodint:
Two reasons (1)mayb u used money to entise her to marry u. (2) she might b pregnant...abeg shey I spell ''entise'' well?.pls correct me if I make mistake
its entice and not entise
Re: My Wife Nags Anytime Am Broke, Please Advise by vega84(m): 6:29am On Sep 09, 2015
Longmann:
My guy you need to be on top of your game by working harder
. What's that one ?who doesn't go broke once in a while? A wife should be able to stand by her husband @ all times, nt only wen his buoyant gosh! #vegatalks

1 Like

Re: My Wife Nags Anytime Am Broke, Please Advise by ernecy(m): 6:29am On Sep 09, 2015
U are so on point, I total agreement with u
Poseidon000:
[size=13pt]
If I am you. I won't give room for such nonesense. She either stop or we end the marriage.

It is really pathetic that you find yourself with such woman.
I don't like divorce but I won't advice you stay with such woman who is so money centered.
It's just like sleeping in same room with a snake.
If you ain't careful. It will harm you one day.
I am 90% certain that your wife will abadon you when things goes awry(God forbid) and she strike me like a person who may cheat or betray you.

You need to seek your inner self and ask your self,if you wanna build your future with such insensitive woman.
If it comes out yes.then talk to her about such attitude and it effect on you. If she continues.

I strongly recommend you leave that woman. Even you don't feel the effect now. you can't escape it when you get past your productive days.(When you turn old man).

Please be careful with that woman. She is a potential snitch.
[/size]
Re: My Wife Nags Anytime Am Broke, Please Advise by aftatechbiz(m): 6:30am On Sep 09, 2015
The truth is that most young ladies(not all) of this generation in Naija are just like that. And the reason is that before getting married they have dated different men and enjoyed themselves, Mr Biggs today, Tantaliser tomorrow, Shoprite the day after. Some have dated men of their fathers or uncles age who has money and these has spoilt them with money and gifts though they knew they will not marry them. On getting married to a younger man now who is just starting to build his own career with little income he is getting, they find it difficult to cope.

www.aftasms.com

3 Likes

Re: My Wife Nags Anytime Am Broke, Please Advise by slap1(m): 6:31am On Sep 09, 2015
bjprodint:
Two reasons (1)mayb u used money to entise her to marry u. (2) she might b pregnant...abeg shey I spell ''entise'' well?.pls correct me if I make mistake
Entice
Re: My Wife Nags Anytime Am Broke, Please Advise by maxti: 6:31am On Sep 09, 2015
I understand your situation perfectly. What I suspect is that she probably wasn't aware of your financial condition before marriage. There is also the possibility that she is into the marriage for money. Was she like this when you guys were dating? If she was. Then am sorry to say that it will take Divine intervention to change her.
My sincere opinion sit her down. Let her understand your financial stand ( depending on u, you don't have to say it all, at least let her have a idea) Draw a budget for the house with her. Let it be participatory. Then both agree how much she gets for the upkeep of the home n herself monthly. You can give her the money in installments. Like every 2 weeks. I.e twice in a month.

Best of Luck.

N.B: In marriage/life, there Is no " one size fits all" Different things work for different couples. No manual for marriage.
Re: My Wife Nags Anytime Am Broke, Please Advise by AdeniyiA(m): 6:32am On Sep 09, 2015
Kimoni:
OP, I advise that you involve her more in financial matters. Let her know the total income the family makes and how it is spent. Take monetary decisions together and she won't have any cause to whine about you being broke.

I suspect she doesn't know how much you earn and she feels you can do much more than you are doing now. Or maybe there is something you are spending on that she doesn't believe in.

Again, since she is the type that complains a lot about money, tell her to get a job/start a biz and use the income to meet her needs.
Exactly what i wanted to advice.

Let your wife know your real worth, it's certain you laid the foundation of your marriage on faulty foundation of lack of information, communication and knowledge of/on marriage, you didn't present your real worth to her during courtship.

And more importantly GET HER A JOB!

1 Like

Re: My Wife Nags Anytime Am Broke, Please Advise by biobash(m): 6:34am On Sep 09, 2015
BRAVAGAD0O:
Hello friends, 1st of all, I don't want you to see me as a man that involves third party in his marrital life/affair, am not that kind of man, in fact a lot of things go on that I rather let it stay in my home for us to sort or face together than involving family or friends but this challenge is really heavy for me to bear.

I don't really know what else to preach to her that I don't like her behavior anytime am broke ,for me it's a total turn off because it always makes me feel like am not being appreciated even with all my efforts to make us happy.

My wife nag anytime am broke or notice my pay ain't coming soon, all she does is play blame game like telling me all sort of story, like she never eat since last year, like she's not happy, that the marriage is hell because of just few days broke, and the few days broke doesn't mean no food for us, the few days broke doesn't mean I won't raise money to fuel generator talk less of some more important bills. I am just 10 months old in this marriage, please, real men in the house kindly advice me on what to do, if am the one being wrong here because I don't understand why she's always like that.

Lalasticlala I wouldn't mind front page at all because I really want to learn from all other husbands out there... Thanks

Bros...
Did she know how your monthly pay is ? No You don't disclose that

Don't let her know what's remaining.

And finally try to plan ur spending & infact mayb รท into 4 parts (I.e.) Weekly....so that save...d remaining
Re: My Wife Nags Anytime Am Broke, Please Advise by Greycious(m): 6:35am On Sep 09, 2015
op, from d look of things, i think u married a liability, she has nothing to contribute financially. Best solution: refuse to b broke, just like my ghanian friends 'r2bees'. Don't break ur marriage because of dat, u are already in it and u need to manage d situation as a man.
Re: My Wife Nags Anytime Am Broke, Please Advise by Jamb2016Expo: 6:36am On Sep 09, 2015
ok

1 Like

Re: My Wife Nags Anytime Am Broke, Please Advise by Jamb2016Expo: 6:38am On Sep 09, 2015
llol
Re: My Wife Nags Anytime Am Broke, Please Advise by Jamb2016Expo: 6:39am On Sep 09, 2015
yea
Re: My Wife Nags Anytime Am Broke, Please Advise by xgogo: 6:39am On Sep 09, 2015
its common with our nigeran woman who are not working . they always feel insecured when the money seems not comming and meanwhile . get her a job maybe she will understand how hard it is to gain an income.

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Nags Anytime Am Broke, Please Advise by Jamb2016Expo: 6:39am On Sep 09, 2015
My Wife Nags Anytime Am Broke, Please Advise
Re: My Wife Nags Anytime Am Broke, Please Advise by Abbey2sam(m): 6:41am On Sep 09, 2015
i
Goovo:
If u don't want her to nag then stop been broke

On a more serious note, all u can do is have a heart to heart discusiion with her, make her understand the situation of things, try not to hide anything from her,
Probably, whenever u tell her u are broke, she might not believe u, cos she feels u are not.
Everrthing [size=38pt]bores [/size]down to fruitful communication and understanding. At least her heart is not made of stone nw

It's Ball down
Re: My Wife Nags Anytime Am Broke, Please Advise by creepsyme(f): 6:44am On Sep 09, 2015
BRAVAGAD0O:
Hello friends, 1st of all, I don't want you to see me as a man that involves third party in his marrital life/affair, am not that kind of man, in fact a lot of things go on that I rather let it stay in my home for us to sort or face together than involving family or friends but this challenge is really heavy for me to bear.

I don't really know what else to preach to her that I don't like her behavior anytime am broke ,for me it's a total turn off because it always makes me feel like am not being appreciated even with all my efforts to make us happy.

My wife nag anytime am broke or notice my pay ain't coming soon, all she does is play blame game like telling me all sort of story, like she never eat since last year, like she's not happy, that the marriage is hell because of just few days broke, and the few days broke doesn't mean no food for us, the few days broke doesn't mean I won't raise money to fuel generator talk less of some more important bills. I am just 10 months old in this marriage, please, real men in the house kindly advice me on what to do, if am the one being wrong here because I don't understand why she's always like that.

Lalasticlala I wouldn't mind front page at all because I really want to learn from all other husbands out there... Thanks

some women are like patients who go to a dentist for toothache problm, while seated on the chair waiting for a tooth operation they are calm untill d operation starts in earnest then you see different kind of reaction.
Re: My Wife Nags Anytime Am Broke, Please Advise by segcymoor(m): 6:44am On Sep 09, 2015
Na wah o
Re: My Wife Nags Anytime Am Broke, Please Advise by Nobody: 6:46am On Sep 09, 2015
You should know that women are borne to nag the hell out of men. They are insatiable. Too bad, she exhibits her negative trait at the earlier stage of the marriage. You have to give her the "talk is cheap" attitude;I mean ignore her attitude. The only time wives will appreciate husband is when the husband is lower into the final resting place called grave. May evil never happen to we men.
Re: My Wife Nags Anytime Am Broke, Please Advise by Truckpusher(m): 6:46am On Sep 09, 2015
BRAVAGAD0O:

Go for a divorce now, you've got many years ahead of you to start on a very wrong note.

I can tolerate every kind of woman but not biitches that thinks that I look like an ATM machine.
Re: My Wife Nags Anytime Am Broke, Please Advise by Truckpusher(m): 6:48am On Sep 09, 2015
Omotolu:
You should know that women are borne to nag the hell out of men. They are insatiable. Too bad, she exhibits her negative trait at the earlier stage of the marriage. You have to give her the "talk is cheap" attitude;I mean ignore her attitude. The only time wives will appreciate husband is when the husband is lower into the final resting place called grave. May evil never happen to we men.
Do not let any woman drive you nuts to your grave , drive her nuts until she locates her family house with speed.
Re: My Wife Nags Anytime Am Broke, Please Advise by Abbey2sam(m): 6:48am On Sep 09, 2015
bjprodint:

Entice
Re: My Wife Nags Anytime Am Broke, Please Advise by realsolver: 6:50am On Sep 09, 2015
BREAKING!!!

You can now market your products to the people of your locality or any chosen local govt. across the country. We have the mobile database (GSM Nos.) of all 774 local govt. in Nigeria. Yes, all local governments in nigera. You can have acces to this AMAZING RESOURCES with a token of 10,000. Yes just 10,000. I know it is sold for 150,000:00 out there. 08056754557 (whatsapp) to get yours. I am doing this to see other people succeed. PM me to get yours.
Re: My Wife Nags Anytime Am Broke, Please Advise by Etizz: 6:52am On Sep 09, 2015
You actually married a woman dat will not be able to stick with you when things get rough... And what is she even doing at home? Can't she work?[/quote]

Am sorry to quote u, but dis last statement of yours is exactly what d OP and every husband need to know....... So it's left for him to choose a woman who will stay wit him in hard times or who will snitch in hard time........ If I may ask, what does she do for a living??
Re: My Wife Nags Anytime Am Broke, Please Advise by drjames006: 6:52am On Sep 09, 2015
AUCHI POLYTECHNIC, AUCHI, 2015/2016 ORDINARY
NATIONAL DIPLOMA FORM/PRE-ND FORM, HIGHER
NATIONAL DIPLOMA FORM, SPAT FORM, CHANGE OF
COURSE/INSTITUTION FORM IS STILL ON SALE, TO APPLY
CONTACT THE COORDINATOR ON: 09034179974 FOR
REGISTRATION GUIDELINES AND ALSO FOR ADMISSION
ASSISTANCE. CHECKING AND UPGRADING OF YOUR POST-
UTME SCORE IS ALSO IN PROGRESS.
Re: My Wife Nags Anytime Am Broke, Please Advise by An2elect2(f): 6:52am On Sep 09, 2015
eyaa embarassed but you didn't tell us you lack good management skills...anyway, i wont nag if i was married but i would be worried if my hobby gets broke every time the month is past by half.

If you can, pls engage in a minor job to complement the one you doing already. It helps.

Or give her some money to start up a petty business. She needs to get busy, start earning and have work life experience too. Or is she working already i know of women who earn but still depend on their husbands for everything!! including money for match sticks so much so that even if they manage to spend, they would still ask for reimbursement. If that is your case, it is a bad one, only God can deliver your home cry cry

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Nags Anytime Am Broke, Please Advise by Nobody: 6:53am On Sep 09, 2015
twoondei:
Go get rich
like its dat easy...
Re: My Wife Nags Anytime Am Broke, Please Advise by Nobody: 6:57am On Sep 09, 2015
Didn't you notice the signs of ingratitude and discontent in her before you proposed? Once you hit it big, she won't stop telling everyone how she stood by you in trying times? undecided

May God help you!
Re: My Wife Nags Anytime Am Broke, Please Advise by smsdigito: 7:01am On Sep 09, 2015
Poseidon000:
[size=13pt]
If I am you. I won't give room for such nonesense. She either stop or we end the marriage.

It is really pathetic that you find yourself with such woman.
I don't like divorce but I won't advice you stay with such woman who is so money centered.
It's just like sleeping in same room with a snake.
If you ain't careful. It will harm you one day.
I am 90% certain that your wife will abadon you when things goes awry(God forbid) and she strike me like a person who may cheat or betray you.

You need to seek your inner self and ask your self,if you wanna build your future with such insensitive woman.
If it comes out yes.then talk to her about such attitude and it effect on you. If she continues.

I strongly recommend you leave that woman. Even you don't feel the effect now. you can't escape it when you get past your productive days.(When you turn old man).

Please be careful with that woman. She is a potential snitch.
[/size]
I beg to differ here.
Wait do you expect every woman not to have a dark side?
By the way we have only heard from the man we haven't heard from the side of the woman.

I think i tend to agree with some who comment here that the man needs to do alot of work on her emotions. Most Women are smart, like comfort and also like to feel a sense of security both for the moment and future.Maybe that explains why when the an is broke even if there is food, gen to lit the house and so on she still appears to be worried. And the man must ensure they understand he is in charge and doing his best.
Let me tell you, if you do not know how to rule the emotions of your wife and allow yourself to be too sensitive as she is, the whole marriage may jamb rock soon. Be more mature as a man, handle issues with self control.
So mr. Husband do what Italians will call "Mano armano" (i hope i got the spelling correctly) which means heart to heart discussion and let her understand the following points:

*marriage is a rub my back i rub your back thing
*women also can do something to support their husband bc its not the responsibility of the man alone to raise money in the family.
*that in every successful marriage there must be sacrifice and perseverance
*and that often times the reason for doing something and enduring today is for tomorrow's sake. The fact that its tough today doesnt mean it will continue forever.
*both of you must learn to appreciate each other's contributions in the marriage.
*you too try not to hide your financial details and spending from her

Thats why i always tell people the choice of wife shouldnt be based on the outward beauty alone( as big the back side is, how pretty, flashy, dark or fair, busty) and so on or not how handsome the guy is, how many cars and houses he has, how fat is bank account is etc bc all those ones can disappear fast and hatred may set in. It is way beyond that.

[url]talkinfotech.com[/url]
Re: My Wife Nags Anytime Am Broke, Please Advise by Bollinger(m): 7:04am On Sep 09, 2015
richommie:
Obviously she's a gold digger.

The only way to know a good and trustworthy woman is by appearin poor
When the money comes beetch gets closer

#Yolo

All those moro.ns who liked your post should be flogged. It is absolutely normal for a wife to nag if her husband cannot fulfill his manly duties. If anything it should motivate a man to do better. You must be single.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Nags Anytime Am Broke, Please Advise by Nobody: 7:05am On Sep 09, 2015
from my own experience I had a of who nags too especially once I go broke... and what I did one day ended the whole nagging ceremony.... opened an account for her and every month I did deposit 4k into it and any time I'm broke I did give her the ATM to go withdraw. not without warning her that if she zeros the account she's on her own. so sir, u v to form broke for a complete 1 month and see how she handles u,cos seriously if she can't handle you at yur worst she doesn't deserve u at your best. or worst still her behavior maybe caused by boredom. get her a job or enrol her into any skills acquisition center.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

I Don't Find My Wife Sexually Attractive. Please Help / Did This Ever Happen To You As A Kid? / I Need Help For My 4-Year-Old Son

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.