Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,153 members, 7,815,023 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:16 AM

My Wife Nags Anytime Am Broke, Please Advise - Family (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Wife Nags Anytime Am Broke, Please Advise (37674 Views)

My Wife Nags A Lot / Females In Nigeria (F.I.N) Facebook Member, Nags Husband To Death / Wife Nags And Prioritises Of Her Family Responsibilities Above Her Marital Home. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Wife Nags Anytime Am Broke, Please Advise by ogawisdom(m): 7:50am On Sep 09, 2015
stonecoldcafe:

You are a bad adviser and probably a bad friend. It is your type that will make a brother or cousin leave his wife. So many people advising on this thread like they are giving advise for bf/gf matter.

u r a complete idiot i never expected anymore than u think of my post bc ur brain cells r dead. my advice wont sound good to a huge fool lik u definitely.

my post is nt ok by u yet ur decayed brains could nt point out one thing wrong with it. u r a maggot so leave advice for op
Re: My Wife Nags Anytime Am Broke, Please Advise by Nobody: 7:54am On Sep 09, 2015
no offense... but I think ur wife needs a job

3 Likes

Re: My Wife Nags Anytime Am Broke, Please Advise by Poseidon000: 7:54am On Sep 09, 2015
oyin01:

Look at you... #SMH for you... You are actually Advising a man to end his 10 month old marriage because his wife nags... i bet you don't even know anything about a relationship talk less of marriage... Mr OP... Shey na nagging you just see, im happy to inform you that more of that is coming from where they are kept.. . Thats marriage for you, if you can start bringing your marriage issue to nairaland 10 months after wedlock, then you are going to have a big problem... its your home. .. thats your territory and you are in charge there. Understand you wife, talk to her, build a relationship with her.. . Let her understand that in marriage, its not always a bed of roses .. Shes a woman na... Enlighten her, make her understand, comfort her and love her despite her weakness. ... afterall, you no holy pass... haba!
[size=13pt]
I don't have strenght to go back and forth on this matter,neither do I have the strenght to re-type.
This is what I told a lady on this matter.
[/size]

[quote][size=13pt]
Lol..I really had to laugh on the embolded. Anybody who knows me, know that I am a realist.

There is no difference btwn Op's wife and this woman>>www.nairaland.com/2583131/prince-james-uche-sick-bed

Betrayal is not all about finance,but finance instigate the other form of betrayal. Any money centered person, is very dangerous to be with.

I can't be with such person,even he/she happen to be my brda or sis.
[/size]
[quote]

[size=13pt]
Life is to short to wait for some1 to cheat or betray me.
It doesn't matter how short the marriage is, if I see potential betrayer or cheater. I won't hesitate slough such person from my life.

if I want business deal. I will get a baby mama. [b]
[/size]
Re: My Wife Nags Anytime Am Broke, Please Advise by Dieumerci(m): 7:56am On Sep 09, 2015
GHoJes:
I'm not exonerating your wife, it is often said there's a reason for 'her' nagging.

From what you put up there i can deduce she nags because you are not good with managing finances, may be you are the type that must spend as long as the money is there unless you want to confidently tell me you married an insane woman.

From my screen, you dont speak of being responsible, much more to your wife who is close to your skin. The lifestyle you have up there says your pay is not so bad yet you are always broke, people who earn less are managing better. Why is it that you guys have get to the point of recurrently waiting for the next pay like your life will stop if it dosen't come in the next one week? You dont have savings, investments, future financial security in case of the unforeseen and you say your wife should not fear for the remaining days of her life from what she has seen these ten months.

She may have food to eat but just decide to rub the "brokeness" in your face to see if it will make you sit up. Man, you are no longer a bachelor that can live only for today, you have to make your family financially secure. Seek ways to improve on your financial management and stop using the word broke more than the jobless or a student. If your wife is better with management, keep ego aside and let her do the managing. Also assist her to get any small job or business. You get work, e be like this, naim be say you for run comot house if you and her no get anything.
@Op, take this and it shall be well with you and your family.

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Nags Anytime Am Broke, Please Advise by deetomee: 7:56am On Sep 09, 2015
She is an ingrate! Not understanding which is the bedrock of every marriage. She is childish with her selfish attitude! Gold digger - let her work then. I blame you cos you didn't know her well before settling down with her. Brother marriage no be wetin dem dey rush into. This attitude of hers didn't start today, I'm sure u noticed it before una marriage. Live with it and thank God later if your life span no reduce!

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Nags Anytime Am Broke, Please Advise by bosunjohns(m): 8:03am On Sep 09, 2015
BRAVAGAD0O:
Hello friends, 1st of all, I don't want you to see me as a man that involves third party in his marrital life/affair, am not that kind of man, in fact a lot of things go on that I rather let it stay in my home for us to sort or face together than involving family or friends but this challenge is really heavy for me to bear.

I don't really know what else to preach to her that I don't like her behavior anytime am broke ,for me it's a total turn off because it always makes me feel like am not being appreciated even with all my efforts to make us happy.

My wife nag anytime am broke or notice my pay ain't coming soon, all she does is play blame game like telling me all sort of story, like she never eat since last year, like she's not happy, that the marriage is hell because of just few days broke, and the few days broke doesn't mean no food for us, the few days broke doesn't mean I won't raise money to fuel generator talk less of some more important bills. I am just 10 months old in this marriage, please, real men in the house kindly advice me on what to do, if am the one being wrong here because I don't understand why she's always like that.

Lalasticlala I wouldn't mind front page at all because I really want to learn from all other husbands out there... Thanks

Re: My Wife Nags Anytime Am Broke, Please Advise by ochris03: 8:04am On Sep 09, 2015
Brother in marriage a man shldnt use his heart or eyes to pick a wife. if u pray to God about her and u feel bitter inside always, then she aint urs. But wit dis nagging of a tin in jus 10months bros she dosnt bliv in ur vision or dreams truth be told she is not inlove wit u its d bar dat she loves. Advice pls if u can pray alone and give her the silent treatment for 1month and if she nags giv her d test of her own medicine.show her how happi u can b without her even if she is der. guy deal wit her wit ur silent and use one of her weakness against her. if she ask u for money tell her to go get a job or hustle like oda women to hlp d family.she has not given birth and she is acting dis way. Her mates are goin frm pastor to pastor bcus of husband, pls if u feel u r important n pretty dont marry and brin ur wahala to any man jus keep on datin guys nd be makin ur cool bar like rita dominic. Girls has bin watchin kim,nneji,omotala,tonto, and d rest feeling dat d can walk out on any man bcus men are waitin for dem in line forgeting dat dis ladies are already made wen all dat d hv is deir body and notin more to give.For the ladies in the room marriage is like a partnership biznes u dont take more dan ur input in it. ur kids are the most important tin to u.if d dont act or look gud it means the family is not and the shame will be upon u. Learn how to manage wat u have gals. We dont date or sleep around with men for money. Dis has eaten up the minds of our young gals. Na y guys dis days no d marry from poor homes again the rich guys refers baby mama. too much of watching celebrities live style and films has eaten ladies.

4 Likes

Re: My Wife Nags Anytime Am Broke, Please Advise by bobkezel(m): 8:06am On Sep 09, 2015
That your wife must be my ex. I know it!! Actually she doesn't love you, and she is not proud of you. She can betray and disrespect you because of money. So brother, i suggest you make her get used to it by going broke impromptu. I didn't say you should starve or not take care of her. If there is any extavagant lifestyle you guys used to live, u can cut it. You can even stop refuelling your generator from time to time, and stop other not-so-important expenses and adjust things, and save more. Lead her through it, make her be used to it. She will complain and nag at the first stage, but be calm, explain to her how hard things are, but pls don't nag with her, just be calm. If she gets used to it and comes to her senses, fine, but if she leaves you, go to the church for thanksgiving.
Now talking from experience, be careful, she might cheat/flirt around her ex or your friends who is more bouyant than you are, just for the money.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Nags Anytime Am Broke, Please Advise by stonecoldcafe: 8:09am On Sep 09, 2015
ogawisdom:

u r a complete idiot i never expected anymore than u think of my post bc ur brain cells r dead. my advice wont sound good to a huge fool lik u definitely.

my post is nt ok by u yet ur decayed brains could nt point out one thing wrong with it. u r a maggot so leave advice for op

The truth hurts; yes I know.

Go chew on my words some more but in the meantime, don't go advising your brothers, friends or cousins.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Nags Anytime Am Broke, Please Advise by Dieumerci(m): 8:11am On Sep 09, 2015
Her nagging might not really be for money or any of the things you mentioned.
Answer these questions:
1. In 10 months, are you still hanging out or living like a bachelor?
2. What percentage of your salary do you spend on your family?
What plans are you making to boost the income of the family.

Your wife's nagging might just be a way of telling you that you can do better with your finances.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Nags Anytime Am Broke, Please Advise by Nobody: 8:11am On Sep 09, 2015
MrsPhyno:
Didn't read, just the title. Never be broke. Shikena.
did you read what the guy explained as being broke.

He said when his coy doesnt pay salaries on time, but He still has money for upkeep of the family, just like when you used to give her 100k for feeding and you gave her 40k the next week because you have not received salary yet. That doesn't mean he was totally financially down

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Nags Anytime Am Broke, Please Advise by Alhaji86(m): 8:15am On Sep 09, 2015
I guess the whole relationship started on a faulty foundation and a fault in a foundation of a structure means weakness of the entire structure. All you need to do now is to think of corrective measures because you're already in and evacuation is certainly not the best option. Above all be patient with her and keep showing her the love and care she deserved.

Re: My Wife Nags Anytime Am Broke, Please Advise by amb2015(m): 8:17am On Sep 09, 2015
let her start small business or gain employment. it will settle the matter.
Re: My Wife Nags Anytime Am Broke, Please Advise by Revolva(m): 8:19am On Sep 09, 2015
10months old marriage and d babe de misbehave.....whats wrong with our young ladies...these days...na so I de toast one babe..sha she de say my fine boy...without money..she won't take me cerious...I just de like am like banana

Re: My Wife Nags Anytime Am Broke, Please Advise by Poseidon000: 8:20am On Sep 09, 2015
janefrancisca:
Hmm so you advised him to leave his wife and what next?? move on to another woman who may b another gold digger? (shebi na una say all nigerians gal na money dem need from una)...so who is kidding who smiley They should try and work things out first, before considering quitting. So if ur sister or brother like money, u go ''de-sibling'' am, it is wa o.
[size=13pt][b]
The embolded: it is not a bad thing to like money,but if a person put money before people.
Then there is no business btwn me and that person, wether he or she is my brda/sis.

yes,you girls are already making the fallacy on "all present naija girls being gold diggers". True.
Tho I don't subcribe to that stereotype,but I still find most naija babes dangerous.

About my advice to him. Go back to my initial post and see where I told him to talk things out with her,if he is ready to live with a potential snitch.

You can see for yourself. I don't see that woman has wife material.
She just mirage her true self during courtship
BRAVAGAD0O:
thank you, I really need to respond to some certain question you ask about didn't I notice her nagging during our courtship; you see this was where I feel av biin setup cuz there's a certain way we work things out then she behave mature then and we both even know how we scale throu some difficult circumstance then but now she just change, she don't understand all she do is pull up a fight for every little thing she won't complain about before!
[/b][/size]
Re: My Wife Nags Anytime Am Broke, Please Advise by Poseidon000: 8:23am On Sep 09, 2015
endeedike:
Truth is bitter but its the truth...this thing called love has sent so many young men early to their graves...Ask Romeo

[size=13pt]
I tell you my brda.

I am not blinded by it.
[/size]

1 Like

Re: My Wife Nags Anytime Am Broke, Please Advise by Nobody: 8:27am On Sep 09, 2015
GHoJes:
I'm not exonerating your wife, it is often said there's a reason for 'her' nagging.

From what you put up there i can deduce she nags because you are not good with managing finances, may be you are the type that must spend as long as the money is there unless you want to confidently tell me you married an insane woman.

From my screen, you dont speak of being responsible, much more to your wife who is close to your skin. The lifestyle you have up there says your pay is not so bad yet you are always broke, people who earn less are managing better. Why is it that you guys have get to the point of recurrently waiting for the next pay like your life will stop if it dosen't come in the next one week? You dont have savings, investments, future financial security in case of the unforeseen and you say your wife should not fear for the remaining days of her life from what she has seen these ten months.

She may have food to eat but just decide to rub the "brokeness" in your face to see if it will make you sit up. Man, you are no longer a bachelor that can live only for today, you have to make your family financially secure. Seek ways to improve on your financial management and stop using the word broke more than the jobless or a student. If your wife is better with management, keep ego aside and let her do the managing. Also assist her to get any small job or business. You get work, e be like this, naim be say you for run comot house if you and her no get anything.
I am sorry I had to quote this. BLESS THIS POST! @Op Read this post as many time as you can, until you understand every word. Peace!

1 Like

Re: My Wife Nags Anytime Am Broke, Please Advise by benzion72(m): 8:30am On Sep 09, 2015
Women are born to nag that is number one. Obviously you over pamper her during your coutship you even borrow money to satisfy her. Now that she is facing the reality of life she cannot stand it. From your I guess she does not have her personal work or biz if she does when you are broke she should be able to complement the family finance.
Pls if she is not working get her to do something. But know one thing for sure all women nag and the are emotional being and not a reasoning being. If you mary 10 of them they are the same religion notwithstanding.
Re: My Wife Nags Anytime Am Broke, Please Advise by 123papas(m): 8:31am On Sep 09, 2015
olodo, its not entise, it is entize.
bjprodint:
Two reasons (1)mayb u used money to entise her to marry u. (2) she might b pregnant...abeg shey I spell ''entise'' well?.pls correct me if I make mistake
Re: My Wife Nags Anytime Am Broke, Please Advise by Gidiboss89(m): 8:31am On Sep 09, 2015
Shhhhh... Heart to heart or chest to chest it wouldn't make her stop.. He should have seen Dat in her during d days of courtship.. Only and only if he always blew her up with cash
Goovo:
If u don't want her to nag then stop been broke

On a more serious note, all u can do is have a heart to heart discusiion with her, make her understand the situation of things, try not to hide anything from her,
Probably, whenever u tell her u are broke, she might not believe u, cos she feels u are not.
Everthing ball down to fruitful communication and understanding. At least her heart is not made of stone nw
Re: My Wife Nags Anytime Am Broke, Please Advise by uyimen: 8:32am On Sep 09, 2015
If I am you. I won't give room for such nonesense. She either stop or we end the marriage.

It is really pathetic that you find yourself with such woman.
I don't like divorce but I won't advice you stay with such woman who is so money centered.
It's just like sleeping in same room with a snake.
If you ain't careful. It will harm you one day.
I am 90% certain that your wife will abadon you when things goes awry(God forbid) and she strike me like a person who may cheat or betray you.

You need to seek your inner self and ask your self,if you wanna build your future with such insensitive woman.
If it comes out yes.then talk to her about such attitude and it effect on you. If she continues.

I strongly recommend you leave that woman. Even you don't feel the effect now. you can't escape it when you get past your productive days.(When you turn old man).

Please be careful with that woman. She is a potential snitch.

THIS IS THE BOMB
Re: My Wife Nags Anytime Am Broke, Please Advise by Bankitee(m): 8:35am On Sep 09, 2015
grin grin cheesy
falconey:
[color=#990000][/color]
Guy
Nawa
@ u
O
Re: My Wife Nags Anytime Am Broke, Please Advise by honeygirl17: 8:36am On Sep 09, 2015
Op are you a saint in your marriage? I mean if you have not done anything to make your wife nag apart from being broke.
Re: My Wife Nags Anytime Am Broke, Please Advise by oyebanji(m): 8:39am On Sep 09, 2015
Is she employed?

If she is is, then she should also help. If not tell her to get a job.

You also need to have a heart to heart discussion with her. You will do this when you are not broke, especially when you just receive your salary.

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Nags Anytime Am Broke, Please Advise by smallatobs(m): 8:41am On Sep 09, 2015
well Op I think I appreciate this topic and all the people advice because I learnt a lot from the mature men that advice here, well I think I have experience exactly what this guy is passing through now, my marriage is two years now, but what I think the women problem is that they easily forget good days and they need transparency in family income, well before, I won't let my wife know my income cause I believe I earn much and spent much, but when I started showing her my income and she is involve on how the money disappeared, her mindset gradually change but finally when she got a Job she begin to appreciate even when there is nothing, guy Divorce is not the best, because no man can see an Angel to marry, nobody is perfect, even sometimes when she start that ungrateful behaviour I feel like beaten her to coma or divorce her but As the man it will be a taboo to me If I can't put my wife under control which I eventually did and took me 18 months to be a real man in my house, though not easy but we are happy and best friend ever now.

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Nags Anytime Am Broke, Please Advise by Nobody: 8:47am On Sep 09, 2015
MrsPhyno:

Yea thats my advice.

If he can't live with it; kill her, get out of the marriage or stop being broke. I hate complainers.
but she too complains...u hate her too?
Re: My Wife Nags Anytime Am Broke, Please Advise by MzCorleone(f): 8:54am On Sep 09, 2015
GHoJes:

WORD!!

Thanks bro,i hope the OP sees this and work towards your advice and not listen to these little boys on NL who says he should leave his wife.

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Nags Anytime Am Broke, Please Advise by josite: 8:55am On Sep 09, 2015
you should have noticed this evil trait before getting married to this lady.
if u hope and pray she will change ,she may and she may not .to be on the safe side , start early enough to prepare for premature death. start reading these passages to her everyday from today,see if it helps and if its doesnt,im a lawyer.LOL .
1 Timothy 6:8-10 KJV -And having food and raiment let us be therewith content.
Philippians 4:6.Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Nags Anytime Am Broke, Please Advise by UjSizzle(f): 8:58am On Sep 09, 2015
mployer:

Nne, You shouldn't be supporting evil.

The guy didn't say she nags at random. She nags only when he guy goes broke. That is wicked. She is a fair weather companion.

There is nothing to talk about. He only got to fix himself or bounce....if he really wants to keep his sanity.
I can only hope you do not get married tomorrow and run at the first sign of trouble.

Mind your language btw.
Re: My Wife Nags Anytime Am Broke, Please Advise by haul: 9:10am On Sep 09, 2015
You said is just 10months? Hehehehehhe! I laugh when I see things like this, go and file for divorce papers, bring the divorce papers home straight, submit it on the table and leave for like 3days without you informing her, by the time she comes back from work and find the divorce papers on the table and you disappearing for 3days with your phones not reachable for 2days and you turn it on on the 3rd day, she will change her ways and sit right.

No lady will want to be divorced out of a marriage within just 10months,its a shame, and it will further put on in a box.

I don't plan to marry, but if I eventually do, divorce papers are with me the second day of marriage, I show her the papers,she either make it work out or walk out, no time.

NB: do the above if you've got a steel heart like me, if you've never put ladies on your head, or if you've never been the emotional type,or if you've never seen marriage or relationship as a big deal,or if you see having a woman is for kids only.
Re: My Wife Nags Anytime Am Broke, Please Advise by Neplusultra(f): 9:11am On Sep 09, 2015
Some women sha!

I dont blame guys sometimes! undecided

1 Like

Re: My Wife Nags Anytime Am Broke, Please Advise by switchmax8: 9:16am On Sep 09, 2015
if she is pregnant you have to endure her attitude because when a woman is pregnant they exhibit some funny attitudes meanwhile,if she is not it is either you entice her with cash for the marriage and what she expected in the marriage was not forthcoming or she knows about your salary and feels you are not doing enough for her.
More so,watch friends she move with either married or single they might influence her by telling her what their sugar daddy or husband does for them and advice her not to enslave herself to a pauper.
My advice call her and have a heart-heart words with her let her know the marriage is just 10months and it will be a shame for you people to start quarelling over what does not make sense

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Baby Found Under A Bus In Lagos (Pictures) / Did This Ever Happen To You As A Kid? / My Ex Wife Wants To Kill My Pregnant Girlfriend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.