Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,832 members, 7,820,915 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:32 AM

His Newly Wedded Wife Won't Cook For Him - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / His Newly Wedded Wife Won't Cook For Him (63430 Views)

Man To Divorce His Wife In Ondo For Failing To Cook For Him. Photos / Newly-Wedded Lady Dies Hours After Giving Birth To A Bouncing Baby. Photos / Help!!! My Newly Wedded Wife Urinates On Bed Everyday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: His Newly Wedded Wife Won't Cook For Him by Nobody: 10:22pm On Sep 12, 2015
martyns303:

I called his wife and asked her what's going on, and she said he had always cooked while they were dating and don't know why he his fussing now.

She should repeat this statement to her mother..., Iranu!

3 Likes

Re: His Newly Wedded Wife Won't Cook For Him by Tallesty1(m): 10:22pm On Sep 12, 2015
GboyegaD:

It isn't cast in stones you know. It is possible that is the reason she loved him. More so, he could have brushed it aside when they were dating thinking she will see it as a primary duty after marriage.
That could be true.

Well, they ain't going nowhere if that's the case.

1 Like

Re: His Newly Wedded Wife Won't Cook For Him by masseratti: 10:22pm On Sep 12, 2015
Omotayor123:
The woman needs an helping hand wink
lol,very funny, the helping hand will also help on the bed.

2 Likes

Re: His Newly Wedded Wife Won't Cook For Him by Nobody: 10:22pm On Sep 12, 2015
jaymdee:

Makes no sense!!!

As in i tire o, you find the dumbest statements on NL, just an excuse to attack a tribe
Re: His Newly Wedded Wife Won't Cook For Him by Nobody: 10:23pm On Sep 12, 2015
Maybe the guy complains whenever she cooks for him So she feels intimidated. Anyway, am waiting for her own thread where she will come and tell us stories that touch the heart.
Re: His Newly Wedded Wife Won't Cook For Him by Ugomba(m): 10:23pm On Sep 12, 2015
The lady is a feminist

1 Like

Re: His Newly Wedded Wife Won't Cook For Him by cococandy(f): 10:24pm On Sep 12, 2015
Tallesty1:
I asked a simple question, you can tell me if y'know

Well obviously OP's friend's wife
Your answer is right in your face.

3 Likes

Re: His Newly Wedded Wife Won't Cook For Him by Nobody: 10:25pm On Sep 12, 2015
lols story that touches the heart

Re: His Newly Wedded Wife Won't Cook For Him by Nobody: 10:26pm On Sep 12, 2015
misspicy:

Imagine the trash an african woman is spewing...later they will be the first to cry foul when the man starts acting up...

Op ur friend is totally right,he is the man of the house,cooking is not a major duty of a married man,he should better curtail this arrogant habit of his so called wife/burden before she switch their roles.

Cc cutehectorsmiley
Who brings money to that house? If it's the woman then the man has no choice than to cook and wash plates. cheesy

Just kidding. OP, look for much better advice to give. Or maybe you cook for them. Why not? cheesy
Re: His Newly Wedded Wife Won't Cook For Him by Nobody: 10:27pm On Sep 12, 2015
Ugomba:
The lady is a feminist

Well feminism is about equal rights and improving women rights and their welfare, i doubt this has anything to do with feminism, maybe laziness or childishness on her part. Most people don't know what it means to be married. They think it's all convenience

5 Likes

Re: His Newly Wedded Wife Won't Cook For Him by bummyla(m): 10:29pm On Sep 12, 2015
Re: His Newly Wedded Wife Won't Cook For Him by Nobody: 10:31pm On Sep 12, 2015
She refuses to cook or foesnt know how to cook?
2 dfferent things with 2 different solutions

The man is not wrong by expecting his wife to cook his meals, just as she would expect him to be the main provider.
Of course every marriage is different and they can deviate from the norm, but it will only work if both parties agree which isnt the case here.

madam. they say you are a Nairalander. So if you are reading, go and cook for your hubby. They say the way to a mans heart is through his stomach. They also say a hungey man is an angry man. Dont sow seeds of conflict into your marriage. You both have a long way to go still. Marriage is not a 5 year journety. A word is enough for the wise.

7 Likes

Re: His Newly Wedded Wife Won't Cook For Him by abbey621(m): 10:32pm On Sep 12, 2015
Hate to be the bearer of bad news but the couple are in for a rocky ride! Firstly, how do you marry a woman that has never cooked for you? Mr. man which mouth did you use to tell your friend your wife does not cook for you? Aren't you ashamed? Seems most of the youths nowadays have lost their self-respect. Mr. man sit your wife down and lay down the law, this is not about being commanding but actually doing your duty as a man. It is your duty to guide your wife, let her know your feelings and how you want things done! You shouldn't be running to friends and families over issues such as this. To the woman, all I can say is thank God you married a jellybean, a softy, a 1/2 liver kind of guy. Most men would just start eating outside rather than complain, no one would teach you before you start cooking 3 square meals angry angry

6 Likes

Re: His Newly Wedded Wife Won't Cook For Him by Nobody: 10:32pm On Sep 12, 2015
GboyegaD:
There's nothing wrong with him cooking and all I will tell him is that a woman is handled with wisdom and not force. He should start involving her and stop nagging her into cooking. I am sure she will adjust.
Woman wrapper. For the dude to nag, it's obvious the wife just spreads her leg like umbrella while he explore all culinary skills just to feed that her watery brain. Oga, don't equate all men like you.

3 Likes

Re: His Newly Wedded Wife Won't Cook For Him by craleonic: 10:33pm On Sep 12, 2015
'she said he had always cooked while they were dating and don't know why he his fussing now'

That statement says it all. Your friend had painted a picture during courtship that he is not willing to continue with now. To me that's deception, don't do anything in courtship that you are not prepared to keep doing in marriage. Most guys are fond of this.

At least SHE was true to herself. She wasn't cooking during courtship and he accepted it, he shouldn't expect her to suddenly change because she's now married.

2 Likes

Re: His Newly Wedded Wife Won't Cook For Him by Ishilove: 10:34pm On Sep 12, 2015
Re: His Newly Wedded Wife Won't Cook For Him by Toks2008(m): 10:34pm On Sep 12, 2015
I would have said she is intimidated but since she has been doing some cooking while they were dating i will only ask her to brace up and play her role as the woman to avoid unpleasant situation of divorce that is if she does not mind been divorced else i do not see why a lady will refuse to play her vital role.

For me i go run o because i no even sabi cook at all except rice and eba.
Re: His Newly Wedded Wife Won't Cook For Him by Ishilove: 10:35pm On Sep 12, 2015
cococandy:

Maybe Mr Gboyegad lives in the west.
That way, he could be married and still have such opinions.
Or he's one of the few who don't live in the west but also share such opinions.

And facts do vary from person to person anyway.
Who made it a fact? someone else can decide that's not the fact for them and we have a right to respect their own opinion.

OP assumed his wife would see it that way.
Hmm. Mistake.

I hope they work it out sha.
My sister, it is an age long fact, from generation to generation, cutting across every culture in creation.

Well, like you said I hope they work it out because they are just newly married and need counselling. If the lady thinks dating and marriage are the same then she is on a very long thing

2 Likes

Re: His Newly Wedded Wife Won't Cook For Him by Haywhymido(m): 10:36pm On Sep 12, 2015
I heard u r on nairaland, dis is my msg 4 u : fu*k u fu*k u n fu*k u ova again. I guess 4 ur father's house, na ur father dey do d everyday cooking. N for the guy, get a divorce if she refuse to change.

3 Likes

Re: His Newly Wedded Wife Won't Cook For Him by Nobody: 10:37pm On Sep 12, 2015
Ishilove:

My sister, it is an age long fact, from generation to generation, cutting across every culture in creation.

Well, like you said I hope they work it out because they are just newly married and need counselling.
Once again, you made sense. Mr. gboyega is just expressing all his illusional ideas. Bleep western culture. Black women cook for their husband, do laundry. No be thesame Western world we dey?

4 Likes

Re: His Newly Wedded Wife Won't Cook For Him by kossyablaze(m): 10:37pm On Sep 12, 2015
misspicy:

Imagine the trash an african woman is spewing...later they will be the first to cry foul when the man starts acting up...

Op ur friend is totally right,he is the man of the house,cooking is not a major duty of a married man,he should better curtail this arrogant habit of his so called wife/burden before she switch their roles.

so na cutehec...u dey mention abi?come 4get me

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: His Newly Wedded Wife Won't Cook For Him by legendsilver(m): 10:38pm On Sep 12, 2015
loooooolz, oga has married one chance o tongue
Re: His Newly Wedded Wife Won't Cook For Him by guiddoti: 10:40pm On Sep 12, 2015
God knows no say no woman can make.yanga for me, man enter kitchen cook yur fud, month end make she con.ask me waytin we go cook
Re: His Newly Wedded Wife Won't Cook For Him by lilmax(m): 10:40pm On Sep 12, 2015
Your friend is weak

3 Likes

Re: His Newly Wedded Wife Won't Cook For Him by Captain001(m): 10:40pm On Sep 12, 2015
That is why I always advice people don't overlook certain things during courtship. What you know you can't tolerate in marriage , don't manage it while dating with the hope it will get better after marriage. Marriage hardly changes anything, it rather consolidates. My bro. Marriage don consolidate ur culinary prowess..

3 Likes

Re: His Newly Wedded Wife Won't Cook For Him by Nobody: 10:42pm On Sep 12, 2015
Jetjacky:
lol na boss lady you marry grin freemanan

Lobatan(Translation: The guy own don kwafuka finish) grin grin grin grin
Re: His Newly Wedded Wife Won't Cook For Him by flokii: 10:42pm On Sep 12, 2015
martyns303:
One of my friend just got married four months ago and already there is fuss in his marriage. I have known both of the couple right from when their relationship was a hide and seek thing to when both families became involved, needless to say I know them very well and they are a perfect match. Let me start by introducing the guy, he used to be my roommate back in school, friends usually tease him calling him "100 yards husband material" for his attributes, this guy can keep the room sparkling clean all day and cooks better than some of our moms, not exaggerating.

He wedded his girlfriend just a month after her final exams, she is 24 (my friend is 27). 2 days ago he came to my place complaining that his wife seldom cooks and that he can count the number of times she had cooked. I told him maybe she is intimidated by his cooking, but he says he doesn't mind and just want her to do her wifey duties. I called his wife and asked her what's going on, and she said he had always cooked while they were dating and don't know why he his fussing now.

From what I can deduce, my guy is trying to be authoritative, he kept using the phrase "I am the man", he have the time as his job is flexible, so cooking shouldn't be a problem, at the same time the wife is failing to do her duties. I don't know how to advice them without taking sides. 

The wife is a registered NLer, so am sure she will see this and get the necessary advice.

Lalasticlala please help this young couple.

Ishilove do your thing. 

@OP shey d wife dey allow am do that kini sha...

if not den problem don dey

1 Like

Re: His Newly Wedded Wife Won't Cook For Him by Omotayor123(f): 10:43pm On Sep 12, 2015
masseratti:
lol,very funny, the helping hand will also help on the bed.
Of course... She's ghat no choice!
Re: His Newly Wedded Wife Won't Cook For Him by Eluwilussit(m): 10:44pm On Sep 12, 2015
gabazin080:
with this it means the b*tch is hiding her true self until she has trapped u with marriage.

To me, marriage is overrated and needless.
Just my opinion, no bashing please

The babe didn't hide nothing. Dude did all the cooking in the past. Did u ever wonder if that was part of the reason the girl loves him? U don't change the rules halfway.

Marriage is not overrated. Being single is. Nature and providence have made provision for it. Only those who are selfish, stay away from it. Every marriage can be heaven. It is all in our hands. What u put into it is what u get.

Dude was forming chef and gentleman, but suddenly he wants to change tactics after tying the babe down. That's fraud. Why didn't he marry the ones wey like cook? He needs to be patient and gradually change the rules. Else, he will destroy his marriage. I am sure he was always boasting to the girl of his skills. So let him cook. It's no big deal.

9 Likes

Re: His Newly Wedded Wife Won't Cook For Him by Ishilove: 10:44pm On Sep 12, 2015
slimmy05:
Once again, you made sense. Mr. gboyega is just expressing all his illusional ideas. Bleep western culture. Black women cook for their husband, do laundry. No be thesame Western world we dey?
Not just black women, slimmy, but women across all cultures
Re: His Newly Wedded Wife Won't Cook For Him by freshvine(f): 10:44pm On Sep 12, 2015
RedCard1:
Only those Stingy Igbo men does the cooking in their marriages.

They do it for silly reasons of economising things unnecessarily.

I pity women that are married to typical Igbo men.

No blood vessel connecting your medulla oblongata no wonder it malfunctions
Re: His Newly Wedded Wife Won't Cook For Him by godoluwa(m): 10:45pm On Sep 12, 2015
GboyegaD:
There's nothing wrong with him cooking and all I will tell him is that a woman is handled with wisdom and not force. He should start involving her and stop nagging her into cooking. I am sure she will adjust.
I love this.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

We Hope To Die Same Day — 81-year-old Twins (photo) / I Punished My Wife By Sleeping With Her Younger Sister - Nigerian Father Of Two / Court Dissolves 3-year-old Marriage Over Wife’s Lack Of Vagina Opening

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.