Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,793 members, 7,810,065 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:50 PM

His Newly Wedded Wife Won't Cook For Him - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / His Newly Wedded Wife Won't Cook For Him (63228 Views)

Man To Divorce His Wife In Ondo For Failing To Cook For Him. Photos / Newly-Wedded Lady Dies Hours After Giving Birth To A Bouncing Baby. Photos / Help!!! My Newly Wedded Wife Urinates On Bed Everyday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: His Newly Wedded Wife Won't Cook For Him by odinese(m): 11:10pm On Sep 12, 2015
agarawu23:

Bullshiit statement.
I don't know why some guys are just too dumb undecided only to fvck dem sabi.

I should be doing the cooking? The girl wey go follow me talk that nonsense go Know say 'kakki know be leather' undecided undecided undecided

Why are u always commenting everywhere?
U gotta lot time to search for new topics.

3 Likes

Re: His Newly Wedded Wife Won't Cook For Him by GboyegaD(m): 11:10pm On Sep 12, 2015
cococandy:

Yea I remember preferring my dads food to my moms when I was small.
He cooked often and it didn't reduce his masculinity too.

My hubby is one of the best cooks I've ever known and he's more man than many I know.
I know a few others too who are like that.

So I agree with you that it can be done by anybody.

Just that this guy wife no wan even try at all. (Judging from the comment) To me that's not totally fair.

@bold is so true. Seems they didn't come to an understanding before tying the knot.
Now they don't have a Choice than to adjust to each other's expectations.

The bold was what I meant in my 1st post however, the man need not force it but tactically with wisdom, make her adjust.
Re: His Newly Wedded Wife Won't Cook For Him by 4stylz: 11:11pm On Sep 12, 2015
Gaidenk:

Chill. The people I mentioned get the message wink

Pm them instead "nothing for u"
Re: His Newly Wedded Wife Won't Cook For Him by 9jatatafo(m): 11:12pm On Sep 12, 2015
Which kind helicopter jam bicycle story be this na?
Re: His Newly Wedded Wife Won't Cook For Him by cococandy(f): 11:12pm On Sep 12, 2015
4stylz:

Pls stop quoting me; you are the type our African mothers warned us about
When you started quoting me, you didn't know grin

7 Likes

Re: His Newly Wedded Wife Won't Cook For Him by ammyluv2002(f): 11:12pm On Sep 12, 2015
komek:

My friend give advice joor

Women of these days sef. But truely if the babe is contributing financially in the house they can also share responsibilities at home. But if not take her to her parents. She is not useful. Come to Peka at Opebi and choose girls.
undecided undecided
Re: His Newly Wedded Wife Won't Cook For Him by cococandy(f): 11:12pm On Sep 12, 2015
GboyegaD:

The bold was what I meant in my 1st post however, the man need not force it but tactically with wisdom, make her adjust.
agreed
Re: His Newly Wedded Wife Won't Cook For Him by HyDee001(m): 11:13pm On Sep 12, 2015
refreshrate:

The most basic of expectations he should handle with wisdom or what are you advising?

OP tell your guy that since she doesnt cook theres really no point leaving chop money in the house again, simple.
Buka yapa for town na. The way it is sef she no go sabi cook.

Then advice a caveat to her mother so shes aware so that when it gets to that point he wont be held liable. What nonsense its people like this that allow women misbehave. In fact the guy should tell her they are going to visit her mum, when they get there leave her and go tell her youll send her stuff over later.

Youre not divorcing her...yet, just dropping her off.
Tomorrow have her stuff sent over.

Then from there renegotiation can begin on her coming back.

Since he cant talk to her and she'll listen over such a basic thing as this, how do you now get her to do even the more difficult stuff?
I had to just comment. Your comment rocks. Doing this will so unbalance this girl and send her brain in to auto reformatting mode. Lol

1 Like

Re: His Newly Wedded Wife Won't Cook For Him by Nobody: 11:15pm On Sep 12, 2015
4stylz:

Pm them instead "nothing for u"
Ok
Re: His Newly Wedded Wife Won't Cook For Him by Catalyst007(m): 11:21pm On Sep 12, 2015
My wife's gotta learn how to cook well (to out do me). Get it? Her cooking has to be more special than mine. That way, it doesn't look like I married someone more macho than me...

As for this couple, give her 1 year. If after that time, no improvements are observed, kick her A-ss out. A man can help out in the kitchen once a while but, please don't abuse that courtesy love....

1 Like

Re: His Newly Wedded Wife Won't Cook For Him by AreaFada2: 11:21pm On Sep 12, 2015
missmary:
The wife might be lazy, she ;just gave up her husband for auction... And it might also be the husband who doesn't appreciate her cooking because he can do better

I pity the spoilt brats that grew up with house helps... You are doomed ... See their mouths, the first option is House help... Later they wee say ekaette snatched their husband.... mtchew...

QMA
Nor kpafuka man pikin with lafta jor. cheesy Not only Ekaette, Iniebong go snatch too. Both of them are not ready for the compromise you need in a marriage. My way or the highway mode nor work. The lady should consider going back to Miss status. Nor be by force to marry.

2 Likes

Re: His Newly Wedded Wife Won't Cook For Him by xtervaganza(m): 11:21pm On Sep 12, 2015
guy allowed it

wouldn't try that mess with some guys i knolw
Re: His Newly Wedded Wife Won't Cook For Him by Aude(f): 11:29pm On Sep 12, 2015
ebubey:
martins y did u bring my family issue to a public? u shuld learn how to mind ur biz...n 4 those of u insulting me OYO btw my husband loves to cook n his meals re far better... wat do you expect me to do? intimidate myself

I just checked your profile. Looking at your topics it seems contradictory that you will be the wife in this story.
Re: His Newly Wedded Wife Won't Cook For Him by NemzySeries(m): 11:36pm On Sep 12, 2015
datz always d problem wen u give a lady a hug instead of a handshake while dating.........no mata aw gud a man cooks beta dan hiz wife he always wanna see her do d wifely magic in d kitchen weda d food is cool or not.......
unfortunately i dunt av a reservation for such acts...i can 4give an adulterous wife 7x70times but i can't even for once manage kitchen misconduct oooooo....simply not xcusable to me in as much as pray to God not to give xcuses 2wards ma family‘s needs
Re: His Newly Wedded Wife Won't Cook For Him by Aystarz: 11:36pm On Sep 12, 2015
Harmonyemerald:
They are both stubborn and trying to find their feet in the marriage. The man should get rid of the "am the man thoughts" and the woman should learn to be submissive. This is a simple thing, cook for ur hubby, if u need help, ask for help. Husband, complain less. People in marriage should be able to close their eyes and mouth and open their ear to hear the words of their spouse and the words of elders like me

Must you ladies bring the man in when clearly it's the wife who deserves the stick. If that excuse for a wife were up and about with her wifely duties, her husband wouldn't have complained in the first place. Well U no be man.
Re: His Newly Wedded Wife Won't Cook For Him by temblor(m): 11:36pm On Sep 12, 2015
Tell your friend to try eating outside alone for just a week. She'l get her acts right cry
ooops. My 1st post on NL. Been a guest for four years.

2 Likes

Re: His Newly Wedded Wife Won't Cook For Him by Ebukabauer(m): 11:38pm On Sep 12, 2015
RedCard1:
Only those Stingy Igbo men does the cooking in their marriages.

They do it for silly reasons of economising things unnecessarily.

I pity women that are married to typical Igbo men.
e don Tey wey I quote prs last but it seems you are without sense collect this ten naira go buy sense

1 Like

Re: His Newly Wedded Wife Won't Cook For Him by babadem2much(m): 11:38pm On Sep 12, 2015
misspicy:

Imagine the trash an african woman is spewing...later they will be the first to cry foul when the man starts acting up...

Op ur friend is totally right,he is the man of the house,cooking is not a major duty of a married man,he should better curtail this arrogant habit of his so called wife/burden before she switch their roles.

May God bless you with kind heated husband my sister. u spoke nothing but the truth.

haba! Africa lady behaving irrational about your real duty? I give use

Cc cutehectorsmiley
Re: His Newly Wedded Wife Won't Cook For Him by Nobody: 11:40pm On Sep 12, 2015
JustCalMeDBoss:
Shior 27 yrs old man dey marry I neva see am bfor oo
My elder brother got married at 26, and a male cousin of mine got married at age of 27. Marriage requires some emotional and mental maturity which can be attained at any age (usually in your 20s and older).
Re: His Newly Wedded Wife Won't Cook For Him by emmatok(m): 11:43pm On Sep 12, 2015
4stylz:
One day all this girl's will give us wrapper to back kids, and wash their clothes self.

This is the reason i tell people; beauty is not every thing; you see fine girl with nice curves and big ass /nice boobs and she is a lion in bed then you marry her.. you will not last

No, one day, sex will be the only reason men Will need women.
Cus women will so liberal that there won't be any use for them in Marriage.
That's will be the end of marriage. cheesy

4 Likes

Re: His Newly Wedded Wife Won't Cook For Him by Aystarz: 11:46pm On Sep 12, 2015
Jennifer89:
the man should only cook when he wish to its not compulsory perhaps that's the duty of the woman. i don't know why some women just like causing problems in their home.

Nah, many of today's ladies aren't really ready for an African marriage. They simply don't have what it takes to last long in an African marriage.
Re: His Newly Wedded Wife Won't Cook For Him by Chidonc(m): 11:46pm On Sep 12, 2015
RedCard1:
Only those Stingy Igbo men does the cooking in their marriages.

They do it for silly reasons of economising things unnecessarily.

I pity women that are married to typical Igbo men.

ur father, wetin concer igbo with this thread .u juat display that you are a half baked individual
Re: His Newly Wedded Wife Won't Cook For Him by Physika(f): 11:49pm On Sep 12, 2015
agarawu23:

Bullshiit statement.
I don't know why some guys are just too dumb undecided only to fvck dem sabi.

I should be doing the cooking? The girl wey go follow me talk that nonsense go Know say 'kakki know be leather' undecided undecided undecided

Baba mi

The thing sef taya mi gan.

Cook? Unto wetin na? As pey emi je gege bi gbe'wu dani abi angry

Men behavin lyk boys... Hian

P.S: I know u will com chek out my comments... U b think say ah nor kno say u dey NL.. Kontinu tongue
Re: His Newly Wedded Wife Won't Cook For Him by simdam500(m): 11:51pm On Sep 12, 2015
Both are at fault... No one to blame.

Couples and wahala
Re: His Newly Wedded Wife Won't Cook For Him by islandmoon: 11:52pm On Sep 12, 2015
i will blame the guy because his not suppose to have tolerated that in courtship, in relationship, you are not suppose to start something you cant keep up with, you were treating her nice, cooking for her and all that and want to sharping change now, it will take time!!

we believe it is the duty of women to do that but some wives nowadays are iron ladies, he must have used that as a negotiating tactics to get the girl, and probably the lady wouldnt have considered him if he wasnt good at cooking!

but i will advise the lady to accept her family responsibilities and respect her husband..
Re: His Newly Wedded Wife Won't Cook For Him by iRepNaija1: 11:55pm On Sep 12, 2015
misspicy:

Imagine the trash an african woman is spewing...later they will be the first to cry foul when the man starts acting up...

Op ur friend is totally right,he is the man of the house,cooking is not a major duty of a married man,he should better curtail this arrogant habit of his so called wife/burden before she switch their roles.

Cc cutehectorsmiley

You're too harsh. Why would you call his wife a burden? Smh.
Re: His Newly Wedded Wife Won't Cook For Him by cyberdurable(m): 12:06am On Sep 13, 2015
Omotayor123:
The woman needs an helping hand wink

An hand? u still type this kinda Grammar at your age?
Re: His Newly Wedded Wife Won't Cook For Him by kandiikane(m): 12:13am On Sep 13, 2015
Same old bullshyt story. You can cook what is the problem? Tell your friend to divorce her if he wants. I don't understand why such trivial issues are made into such big deals. If hunger catches her she will cook won't she? Does she work? Mtchew! If you are the wife reading this, he has two hands and a good cook, if he is capable of doing it, he should. Also, don't let anyone convince you by saying that some girl will come cook for him and take him away, na b.s. Do not let anyone tell you your role is to be a mere cook. Whoever can cook should cook.

4 Likes

Re: His Newly Wedded Wife Won't Cook For Him by Kirinwa: 12:18am On Sep 13, 2015
ammyluv2002:
They should both grow up.

Nairaland feminist how market?

op the guy never package her bag put inside booth. go dump her for the papa house. ozuo
Re: His Newly Wedded Wife Won't Cook For Him by ammyluv2002(f): 12:21am On Sep 13, 2015
Kirinwa:

Nairaland feminist how market?

op the guy never package her bag put inside booth. go dump her for the papa house. ozuo
Feminist? Seriously, people get problem sha. Did you see where i explained that statement? You guys can jump into conclusion sha. Feminist ko feminist ni
Re: His Newly Wedded Wife Won't Cook For Him by Nobody: 12:22am On Sep 13, 2015
GboyegaD:

Hell for some people be like paradise to others ooo.
if u are looking for a wife...announce u are in Canada. even as u b student...them go pm u tire.

1 Like

Re: His Newly Wedded Wife Won't Cook For Him by kandiikane(m): 12:22am On Sep 13, 2015
cococandy:
Since he can cook and cooks better, plus he has a more flexible job, why is he making his life more difficult by insisting she cooks because he's the man? See as people make their lives difficult because they want to live by the dictates of the society.

He should cook when he can and when he can't let her know he can't.

I won't totally blame the wife. If she been the type that used to do all that before marriage and the changed after marriage, then I'd blame her. Everyone should endeavor to marry those who share their views on marriage. Not marry them and try to bend them into what you feel they should be. Recipe for friction.

For all the guy knows, she may have married him because of his skills in the kitchen.
That's why you don't marry someone and hope they change overnight.

What they need is compromise.
Both of them should meet each other half way.

Since the wife is here as you said, I suggest she stops dragging her feet because he's always doing it.
She should sit up and try too. Nobody appreciates being left to do it all. She should stop taking it for granted.

grin this is what they have been doing to women for millenniums na, let them feel how women feel. Instead of even dragging her feet, she should put them up on the sofa in front of the TV with a glass of wine, eating the food he cooked.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

How Do I Handle This Kind Of Woman? / Not In Love With My Wife Anymore! / My Dad's Elder Sister's Son's Child Is My What.. Answers Please.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.