Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,670 members, 7,955,440 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 05:55 AM

His Newly Wedded Wife Won't Cook For Him - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / His Newly Wedded Wife Won't Cook For Him (64299 Views)

Man To Divorce His Wife In Ondo For Failing To Cook For Him. Photos / Newly-Wedded Lady Dies Hours After Giving Birth To A Bouncing Baby. Photos / Help!!! My Newly Wedded Wife Urinates On Bed Everyday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: His Newly Wedded Wife Won't Cook For Him by Nobody: 9:50pm On Sep 12, 2015
missmary:
The wife might be lazy, she just gave up her husband for auction... And it might also be the husband who doesn't appreciate her cooking because he can do better

I pity the spoilt brats that grew up with house helps... You are doomed ... See their mouths, the first option is House help... Later they wee say ekaette snatched their husband.... mtchew...

QMA

Life is simple, if husband doesn't want to cook and wife doesn't want to cook, what should be the alternative, this is the modern world, both couples from the picture i get are working class people, cooking would be extremely difficult, so doesn't the option of househelp come in picture.

Also hope you know males can be househelps too

1 Like

Re: His Newly Wedded Wife Won't Cook For Him by cococandy(f): 9:57pm On Sep 12, 2015
pcguru1:

Well i think they should have discussed all these before marriage.

*Na wa o family section dey discourage peeps from marrying, there's always one issue threatening a marriage*

@bold, good point.

Don't be discouraged.

Little things turn to problems for those who let it.
And lack of appreciation for each other gets in the way too.

This Couple don't even have a problem.
Something they can easily work out with a little compromise.

3 Likes

Re: His Newly Wedded Wife Won't Cook For Him by Ishilove: 9:58pm On Sep 12, 2015
cococandy:

Gboyegad and ishilove in holy matrimony grin

Do you know why she's asking?

Bros calm down. Maybe she wan propose cheesy
My sister, see as e dey para o. cheesy

When a woman asks a man if he is married, he is supposed to double take. Instead he was raking grin
Re: His Newly Wedded Wife Won't Cook For Him by GboyegaD(m): 9:58pm On Sep 12, 2015
cococandy:

Gboyegad and ishilove in holy matrimony grin

Do you know why she's asking?

Bros calm down. Maybe she wan propose cheesy

Na you I want cool cheesy
Re: His Newly Wedded Wife Won't Cook For Him by cococandy(f): 9:59pm On Sep 12, 2015
Ishilove:

My sister, see as e dey para o. cheesy

When a woman asks a man if he is married, he is suppose to double take. Instead he was raking grin
cheesy
Re: His Newly Wedded Wife Won't Cook For Him by cococandy(f): 9:59pm On Sep 12, 2015
GboyegaD:

If my husband catch you. embarassed
Re: His Newly Wedded Wife Won't Cook For Him by Nobody: 10:00pm On Sep 12, 2015
cococandy:

@bold, good point.

Don't be discouraged.

Little things turn to problems for those who let it.
And lack of appreciation for each other gets in the way too.

This Couple don't even have a problem.
Something they can easily work out with a little compromise.

Amen o, because mehn it's really perplexing i have married friends both female and male telling me how lucky i am to be single, to think i was the one envying them for being married. anyway sha true on the bold words.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: His Newly Wedded Wife Won't Cook For Him by cococandy(f): 10:02pm On Sep 12, 2015
pcguru1:

Amen o, because mehn it's really perplexing i have married friends both female and male telling me how lucky i am to be single, to think i was the one envying them for being married. anyway sha true on the bold words.
Well here I am to tell you that marriage to a good person is a blessing.

So be ye not afraid anymore.

Just don't expect too much in terms of perfection from them and be ready to be the right person too. No be only to collect. You gats to give too.

3 Likes

Re: His Newly Wedded Wife Won't Cook For Him by GboyegaD(m): 10:06pm On Sep 12, 2015
cococandy:

If my husband catch you. embarassed

Don't tell me it's too late.
Re: His Newly Wedded Wife Won't Cook For Him by Ishilove: 10:07pm On Sep 12, 2015
cococandy:
cheesy
Anyway, the reason why I was asking is because It is obvious from his responses that he isn't married. Single folks giving advice about marriage. Lol

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: His Newly Wedded Wife Won't Cook For Him by Tallesty1(m): 10:07pm On Sep 12, 2015
GboyegaD:

There's a possibility of him not have tried communicating with his wife in the real sense before involving friends. Be it as it may, we dont have the real picture of things as such, we can only respond based on our understanding from what we read on here.

Sincerely, if it mattered much to him his wife should be the one cooking, he should have spelt it out during courtship. Since he pretended all through courtship by been the one cooking for her, why can't he continue?
Like seriously?

Which woman on earth does not know that cooking is 95% a woman's responsibility in her home?

I don't understand you sef.

2 Likes

Re: His Newly Wedded Wife Won't Cook For Him by cococandy(f): 10:10pm On Sep 12, 2015
Ishilove:

Anyway, the reason why I was asking is because his opinion was...I don't know how to put it. It is obvious from his response that he isn't married. Single folks giving advice about marriage

A married guy could have said that too.

I know they aren't that many but I know quite a few who don't mind doing the cooking.

2 Likes

Re: His Newly Wedded Wife Won't Cook For Him by cococandy(f): 10:10pm On Sep 12, 2015
Tallesty1:
Like seriously?

Which woman on earth does not know that cooking is 95% a woman's responsibility in her home?

Have you been to everywhere on earth?

8 Likes

Re: His Newly Wedded Wife Won't Cook For Him by cococandy(f): 10:11pm On Sep 12, 2015
GboyegaD:

Don't tell me it's too late.
Yes o.
Odi go late.
Re: His Newly Wedded Wife Won't Cook For Him by GboyegaD(m): 10:14pm On Sep 12, 2015
Tallesty1:
Like seriously?

It isn't cast in stones you know. It is possible that is the reason she loved him. More so, he could have brushed it aside when they were dating thinking she will see it as a primary duty after marriage.

4 Likes

Re: His Newly Wedded Wife Won't Cook For Him by Nobody: 10:14pm On Sep 12, 2015
cococandy:

Well here I am to tell you that marriage to a good person is a blessing.

So be ye not afraid anymore.

Just don't expect too much in terms of perfection from them and be ready to be the right person too. No be only to collect. You gats to give too.

To be sincere i never expect anything from human beings because of past experience, that's the easiest way to setup yourself for disappointments, people who know me in real life know the extent i go for people, i actually give out alot and go the extra mile for friends,family and colleagues, the only issue is relationship, i give out alot and never complain because i never get any. it's why i have high doubts in marriages and relationships, Relationships in Nigeria are extremely one-sided and from experience it's mostly from the female, though that's not to say all ladies are like that wink

3 Likes

Re: His Newly Wedded Wife Won't Cook For Him by kristisking(m): 10:14pm On Sep 12, 2015
Too much emphasy on beauty.That is what you get when all that you see in a woman are curves and big boobs without finding out whether your woman knows how to cook.Food for thought!

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: His Newly Wedded Wife Won't Cook For Him by Elinob(m): 10:14pm On Sep 12, 2015
But y?
Re: His Newly Wedded Wife Won't Cook For Him by Ishilove: 10:15pm On Sep 12, 2015
cococandy:

A married guy could have said that too.

I know they aren't that many but I know quite a few who don't mind doing the cooking.
I seriously doubt it. This is Africa, and although I understand that most folks in the western countries have more liberal views of shared responsibility in domestic issues, the fact remains is the cooking is the duty of the wife. Whatever the husband does in the kitchen is only support.

The girl needs to wake up and grow up

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: His Newly Wedded Wife Won't Cook For Him by teadrake(m): 10:17pm On Sep 12, 2015
Send her to me.perhaps I can be of help
Re: His Newly Wedded Wife Won't Cook For Him by Abudu2000(m): 10:17pm On Sep 12, 2015
hmmmm oooooop
Re: His Newly Wedded Wife Won't Cook For Him by jaymdee(m): 10:17pm On Sep 12, 2015
RedCard1:
Only those Stingy Igbo men does the cooking in their marriages.

They do it for silly reasons of economising things unnecessarily.

I pity women that are married to typical Igbo men.

Makes no sense!!!

3 Likes

Re: His Newly Wedded Wife Won't Cook For Him by Tallesty1(m): 10:17pm On Sep 12, 2015
cococandy:

Have you been to everywhere on earth?
I asked a simple question, you can tell me if y'know

2 Likes

Re: His Newly Wedded Wife Won't Cook For Him by BuddhaPalm(m): 10:18pm On Sep 12, 2015
gabazin080:
with this it means the b*tch is hiding her true self until she has trapped u with marriage.

To me, marriage is overrated and needless.
Just my opinion, no bashing please

Lol, nope.

The guy didn't give her a chance earlier.
Re: His Newly Wedded Wife Won't Cook For Him by domopps(m): 10:18pm On Sep 12, 2015
Let him fire her and marry a cook!

Cheeeeeers
Re: His Newly Wedded Wife Won't Cook For Him by Laird(m): 10:19pm On Sep 12, 2015
I BLAME THE MAN,

MEN DONT DO OR TOLERATE DURING COURTSHIP WHAT YOU CANNOT DO OR TOLERATE IN MARRIAGE.

SAME ADVICE APPLIES FOR WOMEN TOO

7 Likes

Re: His Newly Wedded Wife Won't Cook For Him by nikkiking(m): 10:19pm On Sep 12, 2015
undecided undecided undecided.
Re: His Newly Wedded Wife Won't Cook For Him by Tallesty1(m): 10:20pm On Sep 12, 2015
GboyegaD:

You wan taste hell on earth be that.

5 Likes

Re: His Newly Wedded Wife Won't Cook For Him by Nobody: 10:20pm On Sep 12, 2015
girl needs to cook for her man and tell your friend to stop reminding himself he is 'the man of the house', this particular phrase is usually used by men who has lost hold of their homes.

6 Likes

Re: His Newly Wedded Wife Won't Cook For Him by Divineluv14(f): 10:20pm On Sep 12, 2015
She's just lazy and silly

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: His Newly Wedded Wife Won't Cook For Him by cococandy(f): 10:21pm On Sep 12, 2015
Ishilove:

I seriously doubt it. This is Africa, and although I understand that most folks in the western countries have more liberal views of shared responsibility in domestic issues, the fact remains is the cooking is the duty of the wife. Whatever the husband does in the kitchen is only support.

The girl needs to wake up and grow up
Maybe Mr Gboyegad lives in the west.
That way, he could be married and still have such opinions.
Or he's one of the few who don't live in the west but also share such opinions.

And facts do vary from person to person anyway.
Who made it a fact? someone else can decide that's not the fact for them and we have a right to respect their own opinion.

OP assumed his wife would see it that way.
Hmm. Mistake.

I hope they work it out sha.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

My Husband Is My Boyfriend On Facebook, Whatsapp & Bbm And He Does Not Know It / I Punished My Wife By Sleeping With Her Younger Sister - Nigerian Father Of Two / Pls Suggest Baby Lotion For My Baby

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.