Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,427 members, 7,815,964 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:20 PM

Would You Marry A Person Who Doesn't Have College Education? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Would You Marry A Person Who Doesn't Have College Education? (5181 Views)

Any Guy Who Doesn't Have A House And A Car Should Not Get Married Or Even Date! / Dating Someone Who Doesn't Have A Car Is....inconvenient" / Loving Someone Who Doesn't Love You Back (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Would You Marry A Person Who Doesn't Have College Education? by ijleke(f): 2:01pm On Mar 14, 2009
believe most people mis-interprete education, you can still be educated and still be a stake illitrate it all a product of the mind, i have an uncle who married and the wife wsn't a DIPLOMA,BSC,DEGREE,PHD,DOCTORATE holder but she was smart he never wanted to be seen with her in public, unfortunatly she died, he went home married a DEGREE HOLDER IN ENGLISH now if he has a way of rasing the dead he would do that.
Re: Would You Marry A Person Who Doesn't Have College Education? by Gabry(f): 3:24pm On Mar 14, 2009
@Topic,

Depending on what sort of education. . . If without College education I dont mind and if he has not completed high school, I cannot accept that
Re: Would You Marry A Person Who Doesn't Have College Education? by untainted: 5:35pm On Mar 14, 2009
no degree, no marriage. Simple!

1 Like

Re: Would You Marry A Person Who Doesn't Have College Education? by oluwafemi113(m): 8:06pm On Mar 14, 2009
yes no
yes no
yes no.
Re: Would You Marry A Person Who Doesn't Have College Education? by kitlady02(f): 12:18am On Mar 15, 2009
The mentality of most uneducated pple in Nigeria is not d same wit deir likes in developed countries. In Nigeria, for dose of us who hv dated uneducated pple, u ll realise dat dey normal hv inferiority complex n most times feel intimidated. N dat will neva stop affectin u cos in any little misundastanding dey always tend 2 use a particular phrase "is because ur a graduate". So it beta 2 move wit ur type SIMPLE!.
For a guy sha dere is nothing wrong wit it, if u r uncomfortable wit her uneducated status, then remedy it.
Re: Would You Marry A Person Who Doesn't Have College Education? by Czarskit(m): 2:11am On Mar 15, 2009
Don't tink so. . .
Re: Would You Marry A Person Who Doesn't Have College Education? by Radiant(f): 2:35am On Mar 15, 2009
Never say never. Life takes very shocking turns most times.
Re: Would You Marry A Person Who Doesn't Have College Education? by osisi2(f): 3:07am On Mar 15, 2009
na degree I go chop?
how many sheds does he have? grin
Re: Would You Marry A Person Who Doesn't Have College Education? by REALTRUTH1: 12:26pm On Mar 15, 2009
A lot of us simply don't know what we are talking about.About two weeks ago, A University lecturer with Rivers State University was killed by his uneducated wife in a fight that broke out btw the man and his wife.The reason for the fight was the husband requested that she should go back and take her School certificate and thereby get an education but the insistede she would not go.
Its the most stupid thing anyman would do after his parents and family would have suffered so hard to send him to school and the next thing is for him to get married to an illitrate,the saying of old that "if education is expensive try ignorance"still hold strongly.It does not matter whether you would have a job or not,education still remains the bedrock wth which people future can be shaped.Some people talked about Bill Gates, Bill is an excceptional personality he actually dropped out of college because he discovered his purpose early enough and he does not need the education to attain his purpose.So for those pointing at Bill Gates, what purpose or dreams do you have that would exchange for education?Bottomline, Bill gates is a strong advocate for education,all his kids are college graduate.
Barack Obama is an epitome of what education can do for anybody,look at his wife too.There are several Nigerians and other foreigners who are doing pretty well in USA than american citizens,,you want to know the reason,,,its education.Philip emegwali,Oby Ezekwesili and Ngozi Okonjo and many foreigners in US are doing extremely better than Americans simply cos of there education.If you listen to Obama,he continues to emphasise the need for every american to have a college degree,,he insists parents must know when to put off the TV and ask there kids to study and do their home work.
So you don't expect some parents paying the price to get their kids educated and some just sit their doing nothing only to expect one educated guy to come marry their daughter,,,that is rubbish.
Re: Would You Marry A Person Who Doesn't Have College Education? by REALTRUTH1: 12:32pm On Mar 15, 2009
As for me,there is no two way about it been educated is a MUST,,,charecters,beauty etc are all deceptive,,,they all can be made up.You must be educated and continue to aspire and embrace education.To me its a culture I would want my self and my wife to give to our kids.Even if you don't work with your education/certificate, it helps you in many ways in life particularly decision making.
When an uneducated woman marries an educated man,,the story I narrated in my first post is likely re-enactment.
Re: Would You Marry A Person Who Doesn't Have College Education? by ammamat(f): 12:56pm On Mar 16, 2009
How about those that are willing to go to school, but there is no fund, what are u guys saying these gruop of piple should do.
Nobody should marry them coz they are not educated or what are we saying?
Re: Would You Marry A Person Who Doesn't Have College Education? by JJYOU: 1:00pm On Mar 16, 2009
wbb
Re: Would You Marry A Person Who Doesn't Have College Education? by REALTRUTH1: 1:31pm On Mar 16, 2009
ammamat:

How about those that are willing to go to school, but there is no fund, what are u guys saying these gruop of piple should do.
Nobody should marry them coz they are not educated or what are we saying?
That is why you would have to blame those parents who give birth to kids without adequate plans.Bottomline is that the world has changed!You must consider everything possible b4 making ur mind up on ur chosen spouse.The truth some parents don't have any business being parents.When you see some parents working very hard to equip their kids,do you think those parents are stupid?even if it means picking up a security job or whatever common go and do it and get ur kids educated.This to me is the only way you can spread future wealth.My very good illustration is Barack Obama and Mitchell Obama,,both parents didn't have the money in the world to send their kids to school but they pay the price,I would advice you go and read the audacity of Hope by Barack Obama.Infact you could just imagine that he was a homeless person sometimes ago in his life.
Also don't give birth to kids you can not take care,,Barack Obama has just two kids,,some people who do not have his education and wealth in Nigeria would have 7 kids,,,all these have to be care of and provided for,,people must as a matter of fact use their head in relationships period.
Re: Would You Marry A Person Who Doesn't Have College Education? by miraexcel2: 1:56pm On Mar 16, 2009
Honey_pot (m)
London

Re: Would You Marry A Person Who Doesn't Have College Education?
« #20 on: December 22, 2006, 02:26 AM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jammin, u are quite constructive in your arguments.

Education is very relative. It can be formal or informal, so most people become 'educated' at the end of the day. It appears formal education can even be counter productive, i've seen graduates whose levels of literacy beg the question, and those people though saddled with loads of certificate are not educated in my opinion.

I'm not so keen on paper qualification, i can go for an intelligent girl (not necessarily educated) who has got ideas on how to manage a home. She will still have the willingness to improve her qualifications in the future. I met a nigerian girl who couldn't write simple sentences but was doing her postgraduate diploma in one of the colleges in London. I kept wondering how she coped with her undergrad and high school. I'll rather go for a high school grad than for such uneducated graduates.

''Educated' nigerian girls are more likely to shop around for graduate hubbies, simply to fulfil their parents' unchecked desire for a lawyer, doctor, engineer, , as son-inlaw

Man, you make a lot of sense to me.
Re: Would You Marry A Person Who Doesn't Have College Education? by nethacker(m): 3:18pm On Mar 16, 2009
Everybody had spoken well, except for those ladies that made it mandatory, But sincerely,education and/or B.Sc is not a pre-requisite to effective home management and happiness, Common sense without education is better than education without common sense because common sense is not COMMON.
Re: Would You Marry A Person Who Doesn't Have College Education? by Boomting1(f): 12:53am On Mar 17, 2009
I'd like to think of myself as a strong black woman. All I need is a strong black man who has a job and can provide for his family, that's all that matters. One thing I have noticed about us Nigerians is that we love titles. (Dr so so and so, Engineer so so and so) Many of us go into university studying what our parents pressured us into studying and when we do graduate many of us do not even work with our degrees, I think one needs to seriously pray for God's guidence when choosing someone to marry,
Re: Would You Marry A Person Who Doesn't Have College Education? by Amylov: 9:02pm On Nov 14, 2009
well i might not. but it all depends on the level of love u have for each other and understanding the person has.
Re: Would You Marry A Person Who Doesn't Have College Education? by Fhemmmy: 4:51am On Nov 15, 2009
i wouldnt
Re: Would You Marry A Person Who Doesn't Have College Education? by dammit4u(m): 2:01pm On Nov 15, 2009
she should at least be able 2 read, write nd xpress herself fluently.
Re: Would You Marry A Person Who Doesn't Have College Education? by lovemoi2(f): 2:06pm On Nov 15, 2009
if he is a good lover, a caring guy plus light in complexion with abbs, also with a nice smile grin grin grin grin
yes i will definitely marry him

i will even be the one to propose grin
Re: Would You Marry A Person Who Doesn't Have College Education? by KennyG6(m): 2:12pm On Nov 15, 2009
ya i can and wud have no qualms in helping her get the necessary education
Re: Would You Marry A Person Who Doesn't Have College Education? by Nobody: 2:18pm On Nov 15, 2009
I would as long as the person has ambition. If he is a drug using, crack/indian hemp smoking layabout then No way.
Re: Would You Marry A Person Who Doesn't Have College Education? by Gabry(f): 3:11pm On Nov 15, 2009
@Topic,

Yes I will. . . Dont really bother me. Not everyone has the money to go for further/higher education. . . Can u blame them? I dont think so!
Re: Would You Marry A Person Who Doesn't Have College Education? by edoyad(m): 3:58pm On Nov 15, 2009
@ OP , many degree holders from Nigeria virtually bought the sh*t . The crap is over rated and should not in any way be a guage for assessing friends and loved ones. There are stupid college educated people same way that there are stupid people who've not been to college.
Enlightenment is not gained in a class room i suppose.
Re: Would You Marry A Person Who Doesn't Have College Education? by achinu(m): 4:50pm On Nov 15, 2009
Formal education will make you a living and self-education can make you a fortune!!
In a society like nigeria, we are asked to go to school by our parents so that we can supposedly get a good job(join the rat race). Formal education doesn't prepare you for the realities of life in my opinion, yes I'm an advocate of education cuz ignorance is not bliss.However, each individual is different because I've met a lot of people with advanced degrees that have no life skills/ clueless & I've met some people without an advanced degree and are well rounded plus they own businesses where they employ people with advanced degrees to work for them.
If you look at any society that has done well, you need to look closer at the entrepreneurial spirit in that society. For me education mixed with some street savvy is the right recipe, education is not about getting a paper degree cuz education goes way beyond that.
Re: Would You Marry A Person Who Doesn't Have College Education? by nwabuking5(m): 7:41pm On Nov 15, 2009
all the same education is very very important in someones life. but to me is not all about education because i have worked with a lot of educated people who have nothing up there. the most important thing is how smart are u. i have only college education but i have 15graduates working in my company over there in Nigeria. in most time they make mistakes that none graduates who is smart cant make. at the end the company will lose huge amount of money because of the mistakes of so caled graduates. in most cases i have to leave what am doing in Japan to fly down to Nigeria to instruct them on what to do still if i gos back the same thing will still happen. in Nigeria we have a lot of educated people in the government but still the country is still in a mes. come to Asia countries u will see alot of none educated people who cant even read or write but they have global companies worldwide. very smart. most of the countries here in Asia don't even have what Nigeria have as a nation but they are far better than Nigeria. when ever u come to Nigeria from abroad u feel like crying for the nation. still there is millions of graduates there. anyway i don't believe in headless graduates who are noise makers.
Re: Would You Marry A Person Who Doesn't Have College Education? by surveyProf(m): 10:17pm On Nov 15, 2009
Absolutely, no!!!!

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Know A Girl Who Has No Boyfriend ? / SEE BO*BS ! Kimora Lee Goes Topless Infront Of Her 4years Old Son [PHOTOS] / Pls Advice Me.she Has A Spirit Husband! !!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.