Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,454 members, 7,830,251 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:40 PM

Ongoing Fight At Alaba International Market? - Politics (29) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ongoing Fight At Alaba International Market? (83772 Views)

Alaba International Market Shut Down As Obosi Leads Igbo Coalition For APC / Why Members Of PDP Are Mostly Arrested In The Ongoing Fight Against Corruption / Hoodlums Shut Down Alaba International Market On The Orders Of Tinubu's Daughter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ongoing Fight At Alaba International Market? by refreshrate: 11:06am On Sep 16, 2015
Alcatraz001:

I have explained myself in my earlier post.... stop being mischievous. of course I know what I meant when I typed fiscally....I should have typed fiscally though because only the CBN has the powers to formulate fiscal policy.

I know you hate me cos I hate Ibos, I won't apologise for that. .meanwhile, your attention is needed in the thread created by Yoruba youths on NL to fashion out ways to actualise Biafra.

see you there.

I told you your entire salary for one year even if you dont eat CANNOT buy nigerian used tiny light.

As at today the total youve earned in your entire working career of almost 3months is not up to 100k out of which you have no savings, even if you did seriously how much can it possibly be?

Is it with mouth you intend to actualize biafra or the hand me down tecno phone or what really?

How?

5 Likes

Re: Ongoing Fight At Alaba International Market? by Nobody: 11:15am On Sep 16, 2015
Baroba:

My brother these are keyboard warrior frustrated with life, they real Nigerians are thriving making big money and equally living in harmony..

Jobless goats...

True talk..very annoying set of backward thinking pple
Re: Ongoing Fight At Alaba International Market? by juszoe82: 11:47am On Sep 16, 2015
You are a big fool for saying that,nobodey is praying for war but dont think that it will be easy.I can see that tribalism is running is ur blood lazy fool you are.
Re: Ongoing Fight At Alaba International Market? by kenny987(f): 11:47am On Sep 16, 2015
Exactly! Why the fascination with the Igbos? Are they threatened by their number? U just assume that they want to take over your area but the people are minding their business. Live and let live...the Igbos/other tribes should not be exploited because they are in Lagos. It is all Nigeria! When people say Igbos don't 'respect' their 'hosts' I wonder whether they understand the meaning of the term. A host accommodates u at his mercy, free of charge but here, nothing is given to the Igbos or any other tribe free of charge. They pay their way through as expected and the law entitles everyone to move and settle anywhere within Nigeria. It also protects everyone from harm or exploitation.

So when some 'agberos' come demanding money from traders, importers and even customers it should be frowned upon and discouraged! Is it because they are Igbos that that they should keep wasting their hard earned money on touts? As citizens of Nigeria they are entitled to their choice of candidates or votes. No Oba has the right to dictate their choice or threaten them. That is criminal and should be condemned at all costs cos we don't operate a one party system in Nigeria. Lagos is also not a yoruba village, it is a cosmopolitan city with a mix of people both Nigerian and foreign and that must be recognised and taken into account at all times. No Igbo person will disturb traditional rites or even pretend to vie for the position of Oba in anywhere cos it is not their business! However if those rites infringe on the Igbo man's rights to peaceful occupation and enjoyment of his property and business, u can be sure he will protest and rightfully so! In that case, the 'hosts' have disrespected the lawful residents in the area and also broken the law and so should be called to question for it. Furthermore, the Igbos will not lose their traditions and identities too because they are in Lagos!

So u should answer ur question which I will fine tune a bit...why exactly are the Yorubas in Lagos fascinated with the Igbos?

razfad10:
Are there not other tribes in that Lagos? Why IBO all the time?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ongoing Fight At Alaba International Market? by OROSUNBOLB(m): 11:48am On Sep 16, 2015
refreshrate:

Illiterate lawyer come and explain what you meant by fiscally in this context here first o olodo rabata

Leave biafra matter alone for now you have nothing to offer there

[size=25pt]You call yourself a lawyer and don't know the difference between physically and fiscally.

[/size]

Meanwhile some people are rejoicing that their pikin is now a lawyer

Semi illiterate

You're not better either !
Re: Ongoing Fight At Alaba International Market? by forgiveness: 11:54am On Sep 16, 2015
This is the official report from a newspaper

Lagos police, soldiers reportedly assault civilians, turn blind eye as rampaging area boys machete residents, loot shops in Ojo Alaba

Disturbing news reaching us has it that the whole of Ojo Alaba area of Lagos is on fire.

“What seemed like a campaign for elections of agbero union at Ojo Alaba, Lagos, has degenerated to (violence),” an eyewitness still trapped in the area said, Tuesday.

“Even with the heavy presence of the police and the army, the violence continues.

“The agberos are pouring into the streets looting and injuring people.

“A police patrol vehicle passed by, saw them wielding weapons but didn’t do anything about it.

“The military and the police are assaulting anybody they see with a camera or phone pointed at them or the scene.

“All the military personnel at the scene removed their name tags.

“I was almost injured by the hoodlums but I managed to escape, but I’m still trapped there.”

We call on law enforcement agencies to do the needful

http://www.newsroom.ng/happening-now-lagos-police-soldiers-reportedly-assault-civilians-turn-blind-eye-rampaging-area-boys-machete-residents-loot-shops-ojo-
bas

1 Like

Re: Ongoing Fight At Alaba International Market? by forgiveness: 12:00pm On Sep 16, 2015
People will not find out the source of the outrage but they will just come here and start taking sides and issuing treats against each other.

Even, if you want to fight, let it be for a just cause.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ongoing Fight At Alaba International Market? by ndigbo: 12:12pm On Sep 16, 2015
tonychristopher:

Has Yoruba fought any modern warfare ...is it not the ones you fought with matchete and spears ..and you call that war

Can you even stand the sound of shelling ..did you father's ever heard the sound of bombardment

Only Ikeja bomb blast, you dudes ran into canals

your bad Mouth, is top notched!
Re: Ongoing Fight At Alaba International Market? by bofoy(m): 12:16pm On Sep 16, 2015
THE YORUBAS SHOULD RECLAIM KWARA OR BEG BUHARI TO HELP THEM OUT OR ELSE IGBOS WILL CLAIM LAGOS AND THE IKWERRES CLAIM ONDO. Chei my yoruba brodas don suffer cheesy wink there cannt stop ibos

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ongoing Fight At Alaba International Market? by tonychristopher: 12:29pm On Sep 16, 2015
ndigbo:

your bad Mouth, is top notched!

It's not badmouthing but saying facts

1 Like

Re: Ongoing Fight At Alaba International Market? by Nobody: 12:41pm On Sep 16, 2015
Is this thread for insults for did it report a news on igbos n Yorubas fighting in Alaba market

All i see is 3 pages discussing the topic n 25 pages of insults.

Abeg who win the Alaba fight

2 Likes

Re: Ongoing Fight At Alaba International Market? by tonychristopher: 12:42pm On Sep 16, 2015
runnazz:
I have noticed that 90% of Nler's are just poor frustrated lots who jump @ the slimmest opportunity to vent out their frustrated lives trying to to start an e tribal war.... Smh u all reek of d poverty mentality

That's is it my brother

They blame their poverty in Igbo man in Lagos ..the while they are at this crying .reasonable ones are smiling to bank

I just don't understand why people can't compete..... Bunch of retarded poor folks

3 Likes

Re: Ongoing Fight At Alaba International Market? by tammie24: 12:51pm On Sep 16, 2015
omonnakoda:

First you need the sea which you don't have. Go and quarrel with God
Baaaaaaad guy! cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Ongoing Fight At Alaba International Market? by VirginFinder: 1:05pm On Sep 16, 2015
Shymm3x:
VirginFinder

Let me just post my last reply to you, before I hit the sheets - early day tomorrow.

Lagos
Even the dumbest Igbo knows that there's no way in hell Igbos would win a war against the Yorubas in Lagos, no matter how soft the Yorubas are - unless they're suicidal. No war general would advise anyone against such suicide mission that could easily be genocidal. The place is surrounded by layers of Yoruba states and extra layers of groups ethnically cl

Actually, it was Tinubu who created and started using the ibo factor in Lagos politics.
Hitherto his appoint of an ibo as commissioner back in 2006, ibos never had any political ambitions in Lagos. The Lagos APC spokesperson is also ibo. What an aberration!

Tinubu failed to realise that ibos are an insatiable lot. Give them an inch and they'll ask for a yard.

The PDP did it worse by fielding ibo candidates in the general elections thereby beating Tinubu in his game.

Thank goodness for the Oba who has already taken the bull by the horns.
Henceforth, it'll no longer going to be business as usual.

ibos stay in Lagos is guaranteed by the constitution.
That's why Yorubas cant really do so much to them save occasional spanking such as this.

Should we, they'll cry out to the FG, the UN and justify their call for Biafra even all the more.

As regards Biafra, the average Yoruba man doesnt give a damn.
Any Yoruba seen showing hostility the Biafra cause is only doing so to spite the ibos.
Re: Ongoing Fight At Alaba International Market? by VirginFinder: 1:08pm On Sep 16, 2015
bofoy:
[s]THE YORUBAS SHOULD RECLAIM KWARA OR BEG BUHARI TO HELP THEM OUT OR ELSE IGBOS WILL CLAIM LAGOS AND THE IKWERRES CLAIM ONDO. Chei my yoruba brodas don suffer cheesy wink there cannt stop ibos [/s]

Olodo!
Re: Ongoing Fight At Alaba International Market? by refreshrate: 1:21pm On Sep 16, 2015
OROSUNBOLB:

You're not better either !

Typo against understanding of words aren't the same.

Try harder

Real hard
Re: Ongoing Fight At Alaba International Market? by hardbody: 1:34pm On Sep 16, 2015
IheabunikeChuks:
[s][/s]

[s] Stop the lies gala seller, you are only in traffic running after molue to sell your gala. All Igbo man on nairaland are always having mansion even when they were exposed here, they turn out to be jobless and wretched. Online billionaire.
[/s]

I could buy you and your generation past and present. Meanwhile i respect the gala selling Igbo boy who is struggling to eke out a living than the lazy mor.onic ediets that collect N200 to park your car at all the roadsides from Marina to Ilubirin.

5 Likes

Re: Ongoing Fight At Alaba International Market? by Nobody: 1:45pm On Sep 16, 2015
[s]
VirginFinder:

Actually, it was Tinubu who created and started using the ibo factor in Lagos politics.
Hitherto his appoint of an ibo as commissioner back in 2006, ibos never had any political ambitions in Lagos. The Lagos APC spokesperson is also ibo. What an aberration!

Tinubu failed to realise that ibos are an insatiable lot. Give them an inch and they'll ask for a yard.

The PDP did it worse by fielding ibo candidates in the general elections thereby beating Tinubu in his game.

That's why Yorubas cant really do so much to them save occasional spanking such as this.

Should we, they'll cry out to the FG, the UN and justify their call for Biafra even all the more.

Any Yoruba seen showing hostility the Biafra cause is only doing so to spite the ibos.
[/s]

Trash!

1 Like

Re: Ongoing Fight At Alaba International Market? by OROSUNBOLB(m): 1:50pm On Sep 16, 2015
Igbo do not have what it takes to defeat Yoruba in any form of confrontation. It will be suicidal for Igbo to even think of going to war with Yoruba in Lagos or anywhere in the South west. The odds is not and will never be in Igbo favour in an event of confrontation with the Yoruba. A kid even said here that the invasion Of Lagos which was started in 1967 would be completed in 2015 ! This is pitiable indeed. As efficient as the U S army is,it will never contemplate invading China or Russia because they know that it will suicidal to do so. Those Igbo who are not resident in Lagos or SW but are encouraging crisis between Igbo and Yoruba are only exposing their people to impending doom. There is active OPC presence in Delta and Edo States; it is a tactical military presence at your door step! This should mean something to any reasonable Igbo. Yoruba are highly intelligent People;they have demonstrated it severally. We are quite aware of your deep-rooted hatred and we have effective blueprint to take care of It at the appropriate time. It will be in your own interest not to fast track it through needless provocation. When the dust settled in 1970,to massage your battered ego,you claimed it was NATO,USA,RUSSIA,CHINA,EGYPT etc that defeated you! Such is the level of your arrogance and empty chest-beating. The Adekunles,Akinrindes,Obasanjos,Isamas,Danjumas,etc are common Nigerian names! These were the war commanders who dealt decisively with your rag-tag army such that at the end you were singing genocide! Do not start what you do not have capability to see through or end. Igbo kwenu!

2 Likes

Re: Ongoing Fight At Alaba International Market? by Nobody: 1:52pm On Sep 16, 2015
azzima:
We all know who will be the losers at the end. Igbos have been losing since the beginning of time. This is the same bragging that got you folks killed in the North, same thing that led to the civil war. When the agberos and omoniles get in the mix?we know very well how that will end. Ekene dili transport will not be enough to carry you serpents out of not just lagos but the domino effect will be that all other Western states will rise up against the rodents of Nigerian society. A word is never enough for you Bastards!

tonychristopher:

Has Yoruba fought any modern warfare ...is it not the ones you fought with matchete and spears ..and you call that war

Can you even stand the sound of shelling ..did you father's ever heard the sound of bombardment

Only Ikeja bomb blast you dudes ran into canals
Re: Ongoing Fight At Alaba International Market? by tonychristopher: 2:03pm On Sep 16, 2015
VirginFinder:

Are you a lagosian ...tell the truth ...are your parents lagosian

1 Like

Re: Ongoing Fight At Alaba International Market? by Nobody: 2:17pm On Sep 16, 2015
Amansu:

How would you like it if Yorubas take over Onitsha and declare it a no man's land?
This type of flagrant disrespect for the owners of the land is the chief cause of discord and tribal fights.
razfad10:
Are there not other tribes in that Lagos? Why IBO all the time?

kenny987:
Exactly! Why the fascination with the Igbos? Are they threatened by their number? U just assume that they want to take over your area but the people are minding their business. Live and let live...the Igbos/other tribes should not be exploited because they are in Lagos. It is all Nigeria! When people say Igbos don't 'respect' their 'hosts' I wonder whether they understand the meaning of the term. A host accommodates u at his mercy, free of charge but here, nothing is given to the Igbos or any other tribe free of charge. They pay their way through as expected and the law entitles everyone to move and settle anywhere within Nigeria. It also protects everyone from harm or exploitation.

So when some 'agberos' come demanding money from traders, importers and even customers it should be frowned upon and discouraged! Is it because they are Igbos that that they should keep wasting their hard earned money on touts? As citizens of Nigeria they are entitled to their choice of candidates or votes. No Oba has the right to dictate their choice or threaten them. That is criminal and should be condemned at all costs cos we don't operate a one party system in Nigeria. Lagos is also not a yoruba village, it is a cosmopolitan city with a mix of people both Nigerian and foreign and that must be recognised and taken into account at all times. No Igbo person will disturb traditional rites or even pretend to vie for the position of Oba in anywhere cos it is not their business! However if those rites infringe on the Igbo man's rights to peaceful occupation and enjoyment of his property and business, u can be sure he will protest and rightfully so! In that case, the 'hosts' have disrespected the lawful residents in the area and also broken the law and so should be called to question for it. Furthermore, the Igbos will not lose their traditions and identities too because they are in Lagos!

So u should answer ur question which I will fine tune a bit...why exactly are the Yorubas in Lagos fascinated with the Igbos?
Re: Ongoing Fight At Alaba International Market? by Nobody: 2:18pm On Sep 16, 2015
[s]
OROSUNBOLB:
Igbo do not have what it takes to defeat Yoruba in any form of confrontation. It will be suicidal for Igbo to even think of going to war with Yoruba in Lagos or anywhere in the South west. The odds is not and will never be in Igbo favour in an event of confrontation with the Yoruba. A kid even said here that the invasion Of Lagos which was started in 1967 would be completed in 2015 ! This is pitiable indeed. As efficient as the U S army is,it will never contemplate invading China or Russia because they know that it will suicidal to do so. Those Igbo who are not resident in Lagos or SW but are encouraging crisis between Igbo and Yoruba are only exposing their people to impending doom. There is active OPC presence in Delta and Edo States; it is a tactical military presence at your door step! This should mean something to any reasonable Igbo. Yoruba are highly intelligent People;they have demonstrated it severally. We are quite aware of your deep-rooted hatred and we have effective blueprint to take care of It at the appropriate time. It will be in your own interest not to fast track it through needless provocation. When the dust settled in 1970,to massage your battered ego,you claimed it was NATO,USA,RUSSIA,CHINA,EGYPT etc that defeated you! Such is the level of your arrogance and empty chest-beating. The Adekunles,Akinrindes,Obasanjos,Isamas,Danjumas,etc are common Nigerian names! These were the war commanders who dealt decisively with your rag-tag army such that at the end you were singing genocide! Do not start what you do not have capability to see through or end. Igbo kwenu!
[/s]

Trash!

1 Like

Re: Ongoing Fight At Alaba International Market? by WIZGUY69(m): 2:23pm On Sep 16, 2015
tonychristopher:

That[s]'s is it my brother

They blame their poverty in Igbo man in Lagos ..the while they are at this crying .reasonable ones are smiling to bank

I just don't understand why people can't compete..... Bunch of retarded poor fol[/s]ks

what's wrong with your brain??
are all iboes billionaires?
upon all the empty chest beating and ranting, the standard of living of your people is still below the Yoruba's.
learn to deal with reality wink
Re: Ongoing Fight At Alaba International Market? by Nobody: 2:25pm On Sep 16, 2015
WIZGUY69:

upon all the empty chest beating and ranting, the standard of living of your people is still below the Yoruba's.

That was how you deluded bigots were cooking false figures for Osun State GDP and before you could say JACK the State became comatose and was incapable of paying its workers for many months. The civil servants had to beg to survive, and were at the mercies of the gestures of well-meaning Nigerians.

Yet the the Yorubas in South-West have the highest record of illiterate folks compared with other Southern regions despite the much taunted free education by Awo.

You can as well bring another fairytale of how your Oduduwa fell from heaven and how Tinubu is now the real president.

Lousy, loud-mouthed noise-makers!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ongoing Fight At Alaba International Market? by tonychristopher: 2:26pm On Sep 16, 2015
WIZGUY69:

How can all igbos be billionaires

People should learn to compete especially Yoruba's ....things are worked not not given on. Platter

You chased Ghana away in 80s thinking you will have it smooth sailing ..life isn't like that

You have to work for every penny
Re: Ongoing Fight At Alaba International Market? by WIZGUY69(m): 2:27pm On Sep 16, 2015
xtrorse:
[s][/s]
Trash!
dunce! I noticed that you are kid with nothing upstairs. u have nothing in your head. very soon nobody will take u serious again. that's why I don't bother to reply u yesterday.
Re: Ongoing Fight At Alaba International Market? by tonychristopher: 2:28pm On Sep 16, 2015
OROSUNBOLB:

Talk is cheap

Look at Ilorin ..use your tactical military presence to get back that your lost city ...then when you have done that

We can listen to you

But now your blabbing

Learn to love and respect igbo

3 Likes

Re: Ongoing Fight At Alaba International Market? by WIZGUY69(m): 2:33pm On Sep 16, 2015
tonychristopher:

How can all igbos be billionaires

People should learn to compete especially Yoruba's ....things are worked not not given on. Platter

You chased Ghana away in 80s thinking you will have it smooth sailing ..life isn't like that

You have to work for every penny

who's competing with iboes for Christ sake? grin
must Yoruba's compete with your people?
did any Yoruba complained to u that he's angry with ur people? am very sure u stay in alaibo the way you talk.
and let me tell u, what your people do is not COMPETITION! I know iboes too well, you people are filled with HATE, ENVY & JEALOUSY. . even among yourselves. I just laugh when I see Biafra thread all over nairaland. like igboes are not up to 15 grin.
Re: Ongoing Fight At Alaba International Market? by WIZGUY69(m): 2:35pm On Sep 16, 2015
tonychristopher:

Talk is cheap

Look at Ilorin ..use your tactical military presence to get back that your lost city ...then when you have done that

We can listen to you

But now your blabbing

Learn to love and respect igbo

how far?
what happened to your people houses in ikwerre? wink

1 Like

Re: Ongoing Fight At Alaba International Market? by tonychristopher: 2:38pm On Sep 16, 2015
WIZGUY69:

how far?
what happened to your people houses in ikwerre? wink

Is ikwerre not Igbo

3 Likes

Re: Ongoing Fight At Alaba International Market? by tonychristopher: 2:39pm On Sep 16, 2015
WIZGUY69:

who's competing with iboes for Christ sake? grin
must Yoruba's compete with your people?
did any Yoruba complained to u that he's angry with ur people? am very sure u stay in alaibo the way you talk.
and let me tell u, what your people do is not COMPETITION! I know iboes too well, you people are filled with HATE, ENVY & JEALOUSY. . even among yourselves. I just laugh when I see Biafra thread all over nairaland. like igboes are not up to 15 grin.
I stay in Lagos and why do they carry placard

Dude forget it

Yoruba chased Ghana away due to this inability to compete

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (Reply)

Phone Numbers Of Governors As Published By Sahara Reporters / Okorocha Bans Keke Napep In Owerri, Replaces Them With 2000 Wagons (Photos) / US: Why We Oppose Okonjo-iweala’s Election As WTO DG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.