Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,808 members, 7,820,833 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:48 PM

Nigerians In Oslo, Norway - Travel (148) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerians In Oslo, Norway (552775 Views)

Over 100 Nigerians deported from Norway, three others / Nigerian Friends In Oslo/sandefjord Norway / Nigerians In The Desert Trying To Travel To Europe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) ... (154) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Easternheart: 7:32am On Jun 10, 2022
Alz47:

Omo u saying it because is easy to say.Oboy!!! Poland is the worst choice anybody can make because them go so frustrate u,I applied for visa appointment since January and am yet to be called for visa interview after deferring my admissions from march to October this year.

You can not compare 2004 to now. The number of applicants now is far more than before.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by vibrant99(m): 2:25pm On Jun 11, 2022
You strength dey reply,

The only place with less visa applicants now is USA
Easternheart:

You can not compare 2004 to now. The number of applicants now is far more than before.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by laivwire(m): 5:07pm On Jun 14, 2022
Can Visa fees be paid at the Vfs office during the appointment?
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Pactviva: 8:58pm On Jun 14, 2022
laivwire:
Can Visa fees be paid at the Vfs office during the appointment?

I doubt it. You are supposed to have paid the visa fee via the online link before booking for your appointment at the VFS, but you can ask at the VFS office if it’s possible.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by laivwire(m): 3:56pm On Jun 15, 2022
Pactviva:

I doubt it. You are supposed to have paid the visa fee via the online link before booking for your appointment at the VFS, but you can ask at the VFS office if it’s possible.
Thanks. I've been trying to make the payment online to no avail. I guess it's due to the spending limit on Nigerian debit cards.

I read somewhere it can be paid at VFS on appointment day. Been trying their lines but it's been busy. Will try again tomorrow.

Any other payment suggestions besides the barter app suggested above?

Modified
Gone the barter route and it was a breeze, awaiting my appointment at VFS.

Thanks to Samuel807
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by hemhemliy(m): 5:59pm On Jun 21, 2022
Good evening guys, please do universities in Norway accept 2:2?
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by laivwire(m): 2:19pm On Jun 22, 2022
Is this true?

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Manuchim125: 4:41am On Jun 23, 2022
Hello, please I have a 2.2 in civil engineering from a Nigerian University. Can I get admission for Masters in any uni in Norway
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Beolly(m): 8:48am On Jun 23, 2022
Manuchim125:
Hello, please I have a 2.2 in civil engineering from a Nigerian University. Can I get admission for Masters in any uni in Norway
Norwegian Universities give preference to 2.1 and above but you can try but apply elsewhere too to have options.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by sammyuche(m): 2:52pm On Jun 24, 2022
Any chance for masters for a medical doctor in Norway. Can I work too whilst studying
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by ikaniffs: 1:44am On Jun 25, 2022
thormywa:

You guys should drop this whatapp group Idea na...so wat do you guys want future students to refer back to
yes please
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Ebukaokoli: 8:37am On Jun 29, 2022
Please I am currently studying in one of the Nigerian Universities, will soon be through.

Please I need someone to guide me and give advice I plan to travel out to any country with free tuition.

Please if you can drop your mail or your whatsapp number it will go a very long way.

God bless �
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by rocken001: 5:00am On Jul 02, 2022
Bro please how does one apply for BSc progamme
is there an age limit? (in my early 30s)
what's the financial requirement
expecting your kindest reply
vibrant99:
Nigerians are like sugar Ants, we follow ourselves without asking questions, why am I following?

it was once the US, even then the UK was only for the northerners, then Canada, and now its DUBAI.

during this time, people were still taking China, Bangladesh, French, and very odd country Visas for Japa, there was even a woman who have a blog for Portugal-Japa!!

someone said what if I don't get a job in Norway after studying? is there a guarantee for a Job in the UK professionally?

My end-point is, why not go where people don't go? My cousin left for Poland when he was 19yrs old (2004), He lived in Poland after doing BSc, MSc, and eventually, he has their Passport, He always talked about how he was the only black guy in his class and got favors from the lecturers and professors, .... Today he is a Professor of Human Anatomy, with a Polish Passport, he can go anywhere in the world he deems necessary, But Nigerians will sit in their rooms and just want a ready-made life out there and wants to just go and fit in and make it...

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by AmeLonRo(m): 6:18am On Jul 02, 2022
This is a great big thread on scholarships.
This is great.

Contact me for all your blog articles and biological sciences related assignment, proof reading and editing of write ups of all kinds, etc. 080three691098eight.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Ebukaokoli: 6:01pm On Jul 02, 2022
Please someone who has applied to qny of the university in norway and got admitted or you are already in norway.

Please drop your mail or number I need some clarifications.

Please help someone
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Omini247: 12:44pm On Jul 04, 2022
Ebukaokoli:
Please someone who has applied to qny of the university in norway and got admitted or you are already in norway.

Please drop your mail or number I need some clarifications.

Please help someone
Ask your question here and you will get answers and others will learn too.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Gcshots: 9:51pm On Jul 04, 2022
Pls is there a link i can use to apply for universities in Norway?
I really need help here.
Thanks a lot
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Mfree: 7:40am On Jul 05, 2022
Gcshots:
Pls is there a link i can use to apply for universities in Norway?
I really need help here.
Thanks a lot

https://fsweb.no/soknadsweb/velgInstitusjon.jsf

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Divinehenrich(m): 8:07am On Jul 05, 2022
Plz is there job opportunities in the tourism & hospitality industry in Norway?
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Pactviva: 7:38pm On Jul 05, 2022
Please has anyone gotten their Visa yet?

Taking cognizance that semester start is about 5-6weeks away?
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Hsnyii: 9:26am On Jul 06, 2022
took a while to reply but this helped a lot thanks I appreciate
StarFlux:
I can't speak for Poland, but in Norway you have to document funds of 126 357 NOK (aprox. 5.8 million naira) per academic year. As I've said previously, this sum is actually considered to be below the poverty treshold in Norway (to give some perspective). You will be comfortable, but the price of garri will shock you.

I recommend you research different countries (climate, culture, language etc.) and pick the ones that fit your needs. The process is to do this research first, check the application requirements at your institution(s) of choice , apply online and cross your fingers. That's the most basic summary of what you have to do.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by didicold(f): 7:55pm On Jul 06, 2022
@Starflux, please for what period does the funds have to be in the account? 1month, 3months , or 6months. Thank you
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by semmyk(m): 10:22am On Jul 08, 2022
RE: Withdrawal of the Central Bank Form A discounted FX payment.
The CBN came out debunking the Manchester's assertion.
https://guardian.ng/news/cbn-dismisses-report-of-stopping-overseas-school-fees-form-a-withdrawal/
The CBN has dismissed media reports that it will withdraw ‘Form A’ discounted foreign exchange (FX) window and effectively stop the funding of overseas school fees, saying it will continue to meet all legitimate request ...
laivwire:
Is this true?
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by toyin03(f): 5:58am On Jul 14, 2022
uchechukwu007:

Have you gotten the admission yet?
I never did based on ETCS.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Mfree: 9:29am On Jul 14, 2022
Pactviva:
Please has anyone gotten their Visa yet?

Taking cognizance that semester start is about 5-6weeks away?

Plenty got yesterday and plenty more getting today too
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Mfree: 9:35am On Jul 14, 2022
didicold:
@Starflux, please for what period does the funds have to be in the account? 1month, 3months , or 6months. Thank you

It's block account. Once you gain admission. You transfer 5.5m ( current rate) to the school account. After you get visa and arrive Norway. You will have access to a card issued by the school which contains like 35% of your money. Then in 1-2month you will be reimbursed all the balance of your money " once you open account in Norway".

It's free tuition but you have to block money first to prove sustain sustainance.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Pactviva: 12:29pm On Jul 14, 2022
Mfree:

Plenty got yesterday and plenty more getting today too

Wow that’s good news… congratulations to everyone that has gotten..

I am waiting for mine..
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Unibenfucker(m): 4:48am On Jul 15, 2022
Mfree:

It's block account. Once you gain admission. You transfer 5.5m ( current rate) to the school account. After you get visa and arrive Norway. You will have access to a card issued by the school which contains like 35% of your money. Then in 1-2month you will be reimbursed all the balance of your money " once you open account in Norway".

It's free tuition but you have to block money first to prove sustain sustainance.

I thought it was 6.1M has it come down to 5.5M
What rate is being used here is it dollars,euros or Krona
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Mfree: 3:55pm On Jul 15, 2022
Unibenfucker:

I thought it was 6.1M has it come down to 5.5M
What rate is being used here is it dollars,euros or Krona

It's comes down as exchange rate dropped. Dollar to kroner rate
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by ghettonews: 4:38pm On Jul 21, 2022
Hello guys pls I just completed my first year bachelor's in computer science in Eu cyprus and I want to transfer my studies to Norway.

Do Norway issue visa to bachelor's students?
I overheard someone saying Norway don't issue visa to bachelor's students?

(1) (2) (3) ... (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) ... (154) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 4 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.