Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,287 members, 7,815,493 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:20 PM

Nigerians In Oslo, Norway - Travel (149) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerians In Oslo, Norway (551870 Views)

Over 100 Nigerians deported from Norway, three others / Nigerian Friends In Oslo/sandefjord Norway / Nigerians In The Desert Trying To Travel To Europe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) ... (154) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Omini247: 8:58pm On Jul 21, 2022
ghettonews:
Hello guys pls I just completed my first year bachelor's in computer science in Eu cyprus and I want to transfer my studies to Norway.

Do Norway issue visa to bachelor's students?
I overheard someone saying Norway don't issue visa to bachelor's students?
Oga stay one place.... away nah away
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by ghettonews: 9:12pm On Jul 21, 2022
I have 3 countries in mind which are no 1.switzerland 2.norway 3.france.. I just need the one that has less requirements cuz I really need to get out of this country am really tired

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Omini247: 9:54pm On Jul 21, 2022
ghettonews:

Bro I pay tuition of 6500 euro here which is not affordable, Norway tuition fee is fee that's why I want to leave here. Even wages are poor
Okay now I get but if you check the expenses of moving, settling and coping with culture shock and all of that, if it's worth it you move bro....
But I guess the bsc is a 2-3yrs program I suggest you apply for scholarship in usa from there you might be lucky...
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by ghettonews: 10:58pm On Jul 21, 2022
Omini247:

Okay now I get but if you check the expenses of moving, settling and coping with culture shock and all of that, if it's worth it you move bro....
But I guess the bsc is a 2-3yrs program I suggest you apply for scholarship in usa from there you might be lucky...

Bro anything that has to do with scholarship is very competitive and I am not so smart to win a scholarship like that
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Omini247: 11:22pm On Jul 21, 2022
ghettonews:

Bro anything that has to do with scholarship is very competitive and I am not so smart to win a scholarship like that
Not really checkout the thread...
They dish out partly funded scholarship but VOs do deny students visas bt I guess it will be diff from cyprus
The challenge is the interview not if you are bright or not...ie they dish out scholarship...try it out..
Cuz from what I've read on this thread Norway Is somehow expensive on its own oh
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by ghettonews: 10:03am On Jul 22, 2022
Omini247:

Not really checkout the thread...
They dish out partly funded scholarship but VOs do deny students visas bt I guess it will be diff from cyprus
The challenge is the interview not if you are bright or not...ie they dish out scholarship...try it out..
Cuz from what I've read on this thread Norway Is somehow expensive on its own oh

While are they denying students visa, I believe once an applicant has the requirements to obtain the visa he will
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Chuksraymond: 3:35pm On Jul 23, 2022
Hello everyone, trust we are having a splendid weekend. I want to know if one can travel to Asia with a Norwegian student visa .
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by EndWeakerection: 4:17pm On Jul 23, 2022
kkokoma:
I spent a year in a school in Western Norway, a small town called Norhemisun, near Bergen. Norwegiens are basically friendly people. I still have a lot of friends around Oslo
How i wish i could take a Trip down there.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Seyola9(m): 8:45pm On Jul 23, 2022
God day everyone. I'm new here. Firstly, I must say you guyz are doing a great work here. Kudos to the creator and all contributors.

Please I have a bachelor (2-2) & masters (61%; yr 2017) degree in applied geophysics and I intend to go study masters in norway but not in geophysics. I was told by a friend that ICT courses are more in demand wrt getting a job. I'm presently 33 yrs.

I visited the studyinnorway website dropped in this thread, chose subject area: "science, mathematics & computing" I saw many listed courses but I need advice on which ones are the best value for study time spent & highly demanding/ sought after wrt jobs so that I can make a good decision.

Also I'm not sure if my age, not having 2-1 (though I already have msc PhD grade) and 5 years study gap will serve as hindrance to my admission acceptance.

I'll post the list below. I'm sorry if I'm spamming the group as I don't know how else to do this.

- Applied Computer and Information Technology; OSLOMET
- Applied Computer Science; UIT Arctic
- Applied Computer Science; NTNU
- Applied Computer Science; Østfold Univ.
- Computational Engineering; Univ Of Stavanger
- Computational Science: Univ Of Oslo
- Computational Colour and Spectral Imaging: NTNU
- Computer Science: UIT Arctic
- Computer Science: Univ Of Stavanger
- Computer Science: Univ South-eastern Norway
- Data Science: Univ Of Oslo
- Data Science:NMBU
- Digital Infrastructure and Cyber Security: NTNU
- Experience-based Master in Information Security: NTNU
- Informatics: NTNU
- Informatics: design, use, interaction: Univ Of Oslo
- Informatics: digital economy and leadership: Univ Of Oslo
- Informatics: information security: Univ Of Oslo
- Informatics: language technology: Univ Of Oslo
- Informatics: programming and systems architecture: Univ Of Oslo
- Informatics: robotics and intelligent systems; Univ Of Oslo
- Information and Communication Technology: Univ Of Agder
- Information Security: NTNU
- Management Information Systems: Univ South-eastern Norway
- Multimedia and Educational Technology: Univ Of Agder
- Security and Cloud Computing: NTNU
- Smart Systems Integrated Solutions (Joint Master): Univ South-eastern Norway
- Stochastic Modelling, Statistics and Risk Analysis: Univ Of Oslo

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Seyola9(m): 8:46pm On Jul 23, 2022
Also I saw some courses that are closely related to my field but the issue is I'm not sure if these are really highly demanding/ sought after disciplines there.

The courses are:
- Geosciences: Univ Of Oslo
- Geotechnics and Geohazards: NTNU
- Environmental Engineering: Univ Of Stavanger
- Environmental Engineering: NTNU
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Beolly(m): 10:59am On Jul 25, 2022
Seyola9:
Also I saw some courses that are closely related to my field but the issue is I'm not sure if these are really highly demanding/ sought after disciplines there.

The courses are:
- Geosciences: Univ Of Oslo
- Geotechnics and Geohazards: NTNU
- Environmental Engineering: Univ Of Stavanger
- Environmental Engineering: NTNU
Bro anything outside your course of study just forget it Norway won't give you admission. Its either the course you studied at undergraduate level or a CLOSELY related course that's what can give you an edge. As for your GP I don't know how that will work. Those who gained admission with a similar Gp can talk more about that but that shouldn't deter you, identify the universities you wish to attend and send them a mail stating your post graduate qualifications and how acceptable that can be for them since most always prefer 2.1.
Lastly apply in other countries too.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Pactviva: 8:27am On Jul 27, 2022
Pactviva:

Wow that’s good news… congratulations to everyone that has gotten..

I am waiting for mine..

I thank God I have received mine�

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Omini247: 4:06pm On Jul 27, 2022
ghettonews:

While are they denying students visa, I believe once an applicant has the requirements to obtain the visa he will
Everybody try to avoid Nigerian like a plague
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Yonniedoll: 4:19pm On Jul 28, 2022
Hello everyone, please do I need a yellow fever vaccination card for Norway Schengen Visa application ?

Also can I book and obtain a visa appointment from Vfsglobal by myself? I have heard so many stories about how difficult it is to get a visa appointment especially if you (like me ) are doing everything by yourself . In other words they say I need an agent but I really don’t want to use an agent . Please help Fam
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Pactviva: 6:30pm On Jul 28, 2022
Yonniedoll:
Hello everyone, please do I need a yellow fever vaccination card for Norway Schengen Visa application ?

Also can I book and obtain a visa appointment from Vfsglobal by myself? I have heard so many stories about how difficult it is to get a visa appointment especially if you (like me ) are doing everything by yourself . In other words they say I need an agent but I really don’t want to use an agent . Please help Fam

What type of visa are you applying for?

If it’s student visa, you don’t need a yellow fever card because I didn’t use that when I applied in May, though rules change.

Yes, you can book appointment yourself from the VFSglobal site, you will choose the date for your appointment from the available dates on the calendar. Note that you will pay for the appointment online with your card.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Pactviva: 6:36pm On Jul 28, 2022
Hello Everyone,

Please who is studying Risk Analysis and Governance in University of Stavanger this Autumn, I am studying same.

Kindly indicate.

Thanks
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Femiak17: 10:19pm On Jul 29, 2022
Please do we require IELTS to gain admission into Norway University for Masters
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by DrinkWater10: 12:33am On Jul 30, 2022
Hello house, are the courses taught I English language
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by originalwarriman(m): 10:49am On Jul 31, 2022
Good day, please I don't know if it's possible to go for masters with my family?

And can one remain in Norway after study?

Thanks.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by originalwarriman(m): 10:50am On Jul 31, 2022
Femiak17:
Please do we require IELTS to gain admission into Norway University for Masters

I don't think so.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by originalwarriman(m): 10:50am On Jul 31, 2022
DrinkWater10:
Hello house, are the courses taught I English language

For Msc I think yes, but for bsc I don't know.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by dafuturis(m): 12:53pm On Aug 10, 2022
Hello guys..

I'll be applying to at least 4 Norwegian schools for masters in Biomedicine/Bioscience. I'd like to learn of

1. My chances of securing an admission, I have a 4.04 CGPA from the University of Benin in biochemistry?

2. I'm 31, I've been working since graduating in 2014, do I have anything to worry about my age?

3. What are the chances a professional in Biomedicine stand in securing a job in Norway?

Norway is my first choice to other countries I'll be applying to. Please I'd appreciate all response.

Thanks
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Yonniedoll: 1:45pm On Aug 16, 2022
Thanks you very much @pactviva
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Yonniedoll: 1:53pm On Aug 16, 2022
Hello fam, please is ‘Visareservations.com’ a good company to obtain flight itinerary from?. As anyone used them before,how’s their services? I read some of their reviews,and it says you can get flight itinerary delivered via email in less than 24hours .
Also can you guys recommend other(good) options please ,if any

2. What insurance company is preferable for travel insurance, I am currently looking at AIICO, IGP or AXa Mansard

3. How far in advance should you obtain travel insurance and flight itinerary for visa interview?

I apologize for the gazillion questions but I really need your fam
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Divinehenrich(m): 8:08pm On Aug 19, 2022
Hello narialanders. Pls, guy in Norway make una gives us an update. You can share your experiences or challenges

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Nobody: 1:49pm On Aug 25, 2022
Easternheart:
Anyone here who have submitted documents at VFS and have received notification from UDI with his/her DUF number?

I'm in the same situation. Have you now received the duf number and decision? If yes, when did you submit at vfs and when did you receive the duf number and decision? Thanks
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by gfad2001: 9:17am On Aug 28, 2022
https://www.studyinnorway.no/......it might help

originalwarriman:

For Msc I think yes, but for bsc I don't know.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Swealy: 5:40pm On Aug 28, 2022
Hello everyone,

Is it possible to get a side job while studying in Norway and also how cheap is accommodation in Norway?

And how much can I budget, will 2 million be enough
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Nobody: 6:23pm On Aug 28, 2022
laivwire:

Thanks. I've been trying to make the payment online to no avail. I guess it's due to the spending limit on Nigerian debit cards.

I read somewhere it can be paid at VFS on appointment day. Been trying their lines but it's been busy. Will try again tomorrow.

Any other payment suggestions besides the barter app suggested above?

Modified
Gone the barter route and it was a breeze, awaiting my appointment at VFS.

Thanks to Samuel807
Have you received decision yet on your application? When did you apply?
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by UtchayPro(f): 11:21pm On Aug 28, 2022
Good evening everyone, I've been trying to convert my grade to check if it's equivalent to the Norwegian minimum of C, but I've been seeing contradicting information everywhere on the internet which is making me more confused. . Please what is a 2.6 Nigerian gpa equivalent to in Norway standards? Is it up to the "C" which is the minimum requirement? I need to verify that I'm actually qualified before I start my process to any of the schools. Thank you in advance.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by KillerBeauty(f): 5:55pm On Aug 29, 2022
UtchayPro:
Good evening everyone, I've been trying to convert my grade to check if it's equivalent to the Norwegian minimum of C, but I've been seeing contradicting information everywhere on the internet which is making me more confused. . Please what is a 2.6 Nigerian gpa equivalent to in Norway standards? Is it up to the "C" which is the minimum requirement? I need to verify that I'm actually qualified before I start my process to any of the schools. Thank you in advance.

Grade C in Norway education is equivalent to 2.1 in Nigeria education system. Norway is very competitive so having a 2.1 gives you an edge. Nevertheless, you can apply for less competitive courses, write a good statement of purpose if required, have a good CV with relevant work experience, apply for 2 or more schools and leave the rest for God.

(1) (2) (3) ... (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) ... (154) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 4 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.