Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,548 members, 7,812,750 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:37 PM

Giving Birth In Brazil - Travel (178) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Giving Birth In Brazil (355250 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (175) (176) (177) (178) (179) (180) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by walex222: 5:13pm On Apr 02
sanjaypent:
Visa status again changed from SENT to SIT. Please, Is that how their system changes. I just want to be sure am on the right track.

Both sit and sent are the same, after under review. Fica com Deus.
Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by Newboy1102: 9:12pm On Apr 02
sanjaypent:
Visa status again changed from SENT to SIT. Please, Is that how their system changes. I just want to be sure am on the right track.

Honestly I don't even know, cuz mine has been on Sent since, I sent my hard copies via DHL since March 17th, I'm yet to get an acknowledgement or update on my visa application page

I sent numerous email all to no reply.

Brazil visa application is just somehow, our Nigerian brothers working at the consulate should do better honestly.
Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by Klare(f): 6:14pm On Apr 03
Good evening! I applied for a visit visa to brazil and I was invited for a physical interview which I am surprised about since they hardly do physical interview. Has anyone attended such an interview and had their visa approved?

I would greatly appreciate any tips on how to prepare for the interview. It is scheduled for next week ,9 of april and any tips and help would be appreciated. Also, I want to clarify that I am not pregnant or married.
Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by Newboy1102: 8:09pm On Apr 03
Klare:
Good evening! I applied for a visit visa to brazil and I was invited for a physical interview which I am surprised about since they hardly do physical interview. Has anyone attended such an interview and had their visa approved?

I would greatly appreciate any tips on how to prepare for the interview. It is scheduled for next week ,9 of april and any tips and help would be appreciated. Also, I want to clarify that I am not pregnant or married.

Please when did you submit your application?
Please what the time frame from submission of hard copies to invitation for interview?

From past experiences on this thread, the interview is just to ask questions about your application, questions like where are you going to, date of travel, source of funds and most importantly to see if you are pregnant, as it is their norms to invite female visa applicants for physical interview
Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by oloyemeji: 8:51pm On Apr 03
Newboy1102:

Please what the time frame from submission of hard copies to invitation for interview?

From past experiences on this thread, the interview is just to ask questions about your application, questions like where are you going to, date of travel, source of funds and most importantly to see if you are pregnant, as it is their norms to invite female visa applicants for physical interview
Would a family of five applying for tourist visas together still be invited for an interview?
Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by Tope2580(m): 12:25am On Apr 04
Brazil is a beautiful country if you're just starting life, do everything within your power to get here, you won't regret. Tchau

6 Likes

Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by bomsyvic: 2:21am On Apr 04
Newboy1102:

Check your status. Mine has changed

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by Newboy1102: 7:32am On Apr 04
bomsyvic:

Thanks bro, mine has changed too. I pray we both get good news.
Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by Klare(f): 9:49am On Apr 04
Newboy1102:

Ehn ehnn, Thank you so much for your reply. I am scared because all my male friends who had gotten their visas approved were not invited for physical interviews. I submitted my visit visa application on March 13. Submitted hard copied March 14. Invited for physical interview April 3rd.

Kindly note I used an invitation letter.
Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by wavz: 4:22pm On Apr 04
untamedd:

It's indeed cheaper to live in non big cities and non touristy places but you may not like it there. Most of the time, the people and the system there are not used to foreigners so you may find it difficult to integrate or get things done especially with the language barrier.

Personally, I feel the south is the best to live because of the exposure, development and opportunities. I don't know much about Rio but I can tell you about São Paulo in detail.

The city of São Paulo is located in the State of São Paulo and it's just one of the 645 cities in the state. Yes, the state alone is over a quarter of Nigeria's land size with a population of 45m. It's very possible to find and live in cheaper cities within the state of São Paulo. You can explore cities that are close to São Paulo city. It's not always a traveling distance, you might just be crossing a street to enter the next city.

There are also cities categorized as São Paulo interior, they are farther from main cities but they are cheaper, you may get bored there too depending on your personality. For example Campos do Jordão, it's a touristy interior city about 3 hrs drive from the city and very hilly, if you like nature, you may like it there.

You may stay in any of these cities and move to SP City later if you want, it's more feasible to move within a state than to move inter state. Brazil is too big that moving from North to South for example will be a big headache. There are places that will take you 3 days by road to get there, even Rio to São Paulo is 7 hrs by road

Another city you can check out is Curitiba in the state of Paraná. It's conducive and relatively cheap.

Rio and São Paulo are expensive especially with accommodation but food and transportation isn't a problem in SP. São Paulo is more developed than Rio but more crowded. São Paulo is the New York of Brazil. Rio is more of an older city with older buildings and lots of graffiti but the people are generally perceived to be nicer.

I hope I answered your questions.

Thank you for this information, it was very helpful.

What can you share about Salvador Bahia? Any schools worth trying? Is that side organized or better put effort elsewhere?

The part where you said smaller cities not accustomed to Foreigners helped a lot. Also you speaking of the South being better option ia a big help.
Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by wavz: 4:24pm On Apr 04
adigunomomama:

If you want to live in Sao Paulo you can check out these Municipals, it's cheap to live there and they are safe but you have to travel by Train or Bus for 1hr30mins to get to Sao Paulo Grande (Capital)

Maua
Itaquaquecetuba
Itapevi
Embu das Artes
Guarulhos (Some Bairros)
Suzano
Mogi das Cruzes

Thank you for this.

Any colleges or universities you can recommend around there?
Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by Newboy1102: 5:41pm On Apr 04
Klare:

Ehn ehnn, Thank you so much for your reply. I am scared because all my male friends who had gotten their visas approved were not invited for physical interviews. I submitted my visit visa application on March 13. Submitted hard copied March 14. Invited for physical interview April 3rd.

Don't be scared, as long as you are not pregnant, and you didn't use fake documents. Reach the embassy on the date, act calm, cool, collected and answer all their questions.
Thanks for the timeline update, I guess they are now working on a fast pace.

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by DerryPoundies: 1:32pm On Apr 06
Klare:

Please after your interview how long does it take to get approval for those who got approved?

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by Klare(f): 2:51pm On Apr 07
Newboy1102:

Don't be scared, as long as you are not pregnant, and you didn't use fake documents. Reach the embassy on the date, act calm, cool, collected and answer all their questions.
Thanks for the timeline update, I guess they are now working on a fast pace.

Ehhn, Thanks so much.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by Klare(f): 2:52pm On Apr 07
DerryPoundies:

Please, after your interview how long does it take to get approval for those who got approved?
\

I haven't done my physical interview yet.
Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by koolsammie(m): 3:43am On Apr 10
Klare:

How did the interview go?
Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by sanjaypent: 9:50am On Apr 10
Please can we know how the interview went and possible questions they asked.
koolsammie:

Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by GlobeTrotter2: 11:50am On Apr 10
Klare:
\

I haven't done my physical interview yet.
the fact that they are inviting you for an interview means they are considering giving you the visa. Don't worry the interview won't take more than 5 mins.
Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by walex222: 2:48am On Apr 16
Hello, guys! Is there anyone planning to come to Brazil soon, please?
Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by mobimuc9ja(m): 7:08am On Apr 16
Yes
Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by mobimuc9ja(m): 7:15am On Apr 16
[b][/b]
Sonatapaddy:
Just checked my Status and saw all four boxes ticked Sit,under review,approved, ready for delivery. Indeed Brazil visa application requires extraordinary patience, sincerity and proper following of requirements. It's not that bad after all.
How long did it take them to go through this stages?
Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by Newboy1102: 9:52am On Apr 16
bomsyvic:

Hello Bro,
How you doing?
Have you gotten any update on your application?
Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by Klare(f): 9:55am On Apr 16
koolsammie:

Re

ReSchedule due to Muslim holiday.

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by Klare(f): 9:56am On Apr 16
GlobeTrotter2:
the fact that they are inviting you for an interview means they are considering giving you the visa. Don't worry the interview won't take more than 5 mins.

Ehn ehnn Thank You
Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by bomsyvic: 10:12am On Apr 16
Newboy1102:

Hello Bro,
How you doing?
Have you gotten any update on your application?

I'm good bro.
No update yet o I believe the delay was because of the too much public holidays. Hopefully this week we shall get a positive response from them
Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by walex222: 2:25pm On Apr 16
mobimuc9ja:

Yes
Please, I need you to help me bring my driver's license and some complimentary cards. Is it possible? Fica com Deus meu irmao!
Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by Newboy1102: 3:42pm On Apr 16
bomsyvic:

I'm good bro.
No update yet o I believe the delay was because of the too much public holidays. Hopefully this week we shall get a positive response from them

Okay bro,
Amen oh, we pray we all get postive response.
Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by Klare(f): 8:23pm On Apr 16
GlobeTrotter2:

Update on my application

I was rejected
Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by Newboy1102: 9:49pm On Apr 16
Klare:

Re

ReSchedule due to Muslim holiday.

When did you reschedule to ?
Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by Newboy1102: 9:51pm On Apr 16
Klare:

Update on my application

I was rejected

Oh, sorry about that, what could be wrong?
Did you go and what questions was asked at the interview?
When did you see that you were rejected?

Honestly I'm speechless oh.
Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by Newboy1102: 9:54pm On Apr 16
DerryPoundies:

Please after your interview how long does it take to get approval for those who got approved?

Hi bro, how you doing?
Any update on your application?
Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by Lohinma: 12:18pm On Apr 17
Please how much is visa fees now from someone that just sent in application

(1) (2) (3) ... (175) (176) (177) (178) (179) (180) (Reply)

Somali Girls Are The Most Beautiful In Africa! / At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. / Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.