Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,808 members, 7,810,104 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:49 PM

Giving Birth In Brazil - Travel (63) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Giving Birth In Brazil (354443 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) ... (180) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by centuryman(m): 1:31am On Jan 19, 2021
Did they ever stop accepting applications?
peppo4live:
Has the embassy started accepting applications?

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by peppo4live: 1:22pm On Jan 19, 2021
centuryman:
Did they ever stop accepting applications?
They went on break during the festive period
Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by centuryman(m): 3:38pm On Jan 19, 2021
Oh, okay.

peppo4live:

They went on break during the festive period

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by peppo4live: 5:54pm On Jan 20, 2021
It is well ooo

Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by centuryman(m): 6:54pm On Jan 20, 2021
What is the source please?

peppo4live:
It is well ooo
Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by peppo4live: 7:22pm On Jan 20, 2021
centuryman:
What is the source please?

Brazilian embassy Facebook page
Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by centuryman(m): 8:38am On Jan 21, 2021
Okay ooo. It's well o.

peppo4live:

Brazilian embassy Facebook page
Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by slimanyd: 10:41am On Jan 21, 2021
Adjo10 and all good samaritans in brazil. Your input is needed

Was checking for some outlet rentals , and I saw this price R$507 per month which is around 40k naira per month , but on clicking on contact free , was redirected to booking . Com website. And the price tag on booking .com was actually way way above the price tag there , almost. Around 200k naira sef . Why the discrepancies ma.

The second picture is the price tag I saw when I was redirected to booking.com

Need more explanation . Thanks. And again. Which is preferable in terms of accomodations considering the preferred destination location is to be in ville. Should one just come in first with a week accommodation and then start checking up on real ones once one lands there . And again. The price u saw in the first picture , Is it still feasible to get an apartment of such price tag in ville . Thanks.

Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by Ajokeomo: 6:18pm On Jan 21, 2021
Which state in Brazil are you looking at? (I don’t know where Ville is). I can only talk about São Paulo and accommodation in São Paulo is not easy to get. Most require long term contract and some other documents you may not have as a tourist so your best bet would be Airbnb. An alternative would be if you can get someone in Brazil who is willing to get a place for you or “vouch” for you directly to a landlord.
You might be able to find somewhere for that price on airbnb depending on location and how conducive the place is.
It’s also possible for you to look around when you get there but language might be a barrier except you speak Portuguese.

slimanyd:
Adjo10 and all good samaritans in brazil. Your input is needed

Was checking for some outlet rentals , and I saw this price R$507 per month which is around 40k naira per month , but on clicking on contact free , was redirected to booking . Com website. And the price tag on booking .com was actually way way above the price tag there , almost. Around 200k naira sef . Why the discrepancies ma.

The second picture is the price tag I saw when I was redirected to booking.com

Need more explanation . Thanks. And again. Which is preferable in terms of accomodations considering the preferred destination location is to be in ville. Should one just come in first with a week accommodation and then start checking up on real ones once one lands there . And again. The price u saw in the first picture , Is it still feasible to get an apartment of such price tag in ville . Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by slimanyd: 6:51pm On Jan 21, 2021
Ajokeomo:
Which state in Brazil are you looking at? (I don’t know where Ville is). I can only talk about São Paulo and accommodation in São Paulo is not easy to get. Most require long term contract and some other documents you may not have as a tourist so your best bet would be Airbnb. An alternative would be if you can get someone in Brazil who is willing to get a place for you or “vouch” for you directly to a landlord.
You might be able to find somewhere for that price on airbnb depending on location and how conducive the place is.
It’s also possible for you to look around when you get there but language might be a barrier except you speak Portuguese.

Location is joinville. And the long term contract- Is it like paying for a year rent or more.

2ndly about Airbnb , Would one be eligible to get the CPF number through such route cos I read one will need that number during application of childbirth registeration for citizenship .

3rdly , Staying in the hotel for more than a week won't be feasible cos it's highly costly ,check some price online which is a bit high.

Lastly , Those apartment I screenshot above , Is it that we won't be eligible to stay there even if the money ain't a problem at all cos we are tourist without documents or what. Need more enlightenment . Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by slimanyd: 7:20pm On Jan 21, 2021
Adjo10:
Financial Management while giving birth in Brazil

Hello guys. I just taught of something very important and would like to share.

Please do not exchange your money into dollars in Nigeria with the aim of exchanging hard currency while in Brazil. Do not take physical Niara either. This is because the Brazilian government charges a 10% fee on all physical currencies exchange. This basically means that you will be losing 10% of your entire money.

Instead, get a bank card from your bank and have all your money in there. Also, almost everyone (even the coconut seller on the street) accepts credit or debit card in Brazil. Your can pay for goods and services this way including your medical bills. This way you avoid the 10% charge on hard currency exchange. (Of course you may pay bank charges from your bank) but much better than the 10% tax. I was a victim of this and don’t want you to be one. Cheers

Does this law still applies ? And how are you coping with the Nigeria restrictions of 100$/ month thingy , Just be curious abeg. Make person no go make mistake enter finish , To withdraw money no go turn super story .

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by Ajokeomo: 8:13pm On Jan 21, 2021
Oh Okay. The cost of the apartment you screenshot might be reasonable for a comfortable apartment then since it’s Joinville. I know the contracts are mostly up to 30 months but you might be lucky to get one for 12 months, it’s not impossible.

Regarding CPF, you would be eligible to apply for CPF. You’ll use your airbnb address for your CPF application or any other application you might want to do. You need CPF for almost everything.

You’ll definitely be eligible to stay in the apartment you screenshot since it’s already available for you to book as a foreigner. I was only concerned about the price and if it’s conducive if it were in São Paulo but since it’s Joinville, it might be. You can ignore my previous post since you won’t be in SP. As for the cost discrepancy, I don’t know what’s happened.
Again, you don’t need any special documents (asides CPF) for short term stays but if it’s long term, documents and contracts are mostly are required.

For more housing options, you can download WebQuarto.

slimanyd:

Location is joinville. And the long term contract- Is it like paying for a year rent or more.

2ndly about Airbnb , Would one be eligible to get the CPF number through such route cos I read one will need that number during application of childbirth registeration for citizenship .

3rdly , Staying in the hotel for more than a week won't be feasible cos it's highly costly ,check some price online which is a bit high.

Lastly , Those apartment I screenshot above , Is it that we won't be eligible to stay there even if the money ain't a problem at all cos we are tourist without documents or what. Need more enlightenment . Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by Ajokeomo: 8:20pm On Jan 21, 2021
slimanyd:

Does this law still applies ? And how are you coping with the Nigeria restrictions of 100$/ month thingy , Just be curious abeg. Make person no go make mistake enter finish , To withdraw money no go turn super story .

Get GTB Dollar Card, the limit is higher. There are also BDC guys you’ll give Naira (not physical cash) and will give you reas, I don’t know if they are in Joinville o.
Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by slimanyd: 8:48pm On Jan 21, 2021
Ajokeomo:
Oh Okay. The cost of the apartment you screenshot might be reasonable for a comfortable apartment then since it’s Joinville. I know the contracts are mostly up to 30 months but you might be lucky to get one for 12 months, it’s not impossible.

Regarding CPF, you would be eligible to apply for CPF. You’ll use your airbnb address for your CPF application or any other application you might want to do. You need CPF for almost everything.

You’ll definitely be eligible to stay in the apartment you screenshot since it’s already available for you to book as a foreigner. I was only concerned about the price and if it’s conducive if it were in São Paulo but since it’s Joinville, it might be. You can ignore my previous post since you won’t be in SP. As for the cost discrepancy, I don’t know what’s happened.
Again, you don’t need any special documents (asides CPF) for short term stays but if it’s long term, documents and contracts are mostly are required.

For more housing options, you can download WebQuarto.

Lovely. Thanks boss
Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by slimanyd: 8:49pm On Jan 21, 2021
Ajokeomo:

Get GTB Dollar Card, the limit is higher. There are also BDC guys you’ll give Naira (not physical cash) and will give you reas, I don’t know if they are in Joinville o.

Settled grin

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by MrsNaz: 8:13pm On Jan 22, 2021
Yeah true. They stopped accepting visa applications due to Covid. Was there today.

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by dehiero: 8:15pm On Jan 22, 2021
MrsNaz:
Yeah true. They stopped accepting visa applications due to Covid. Was there today.
When are they resuming?
Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by slimanyd: 10:06pm On Jan 22, 2021
[quote author=Ajokeomo post=98301732]

Get GTB Dollar Card, the limit is higher. There are also BDC guys you’ll give Naira (not physical cash) and will give you reas, I don’t know if they are in Joinville o.[/quote
The BDC guyz will be the best option as GTB dollar card would be a difficult to fund using $ . Or how do you fund yours? And again , boss, Do those BDC guyz can also help in funding ones gtb dollar card by paying them in Naira. Thanks.
Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by Ijeamaka1: 10:17pm On Jan 22, 2021
I finally moved to SP with my family from Nigeria getting accommodation in São Paulo as a tourist is hectic ,your cpf is not enough , but with Gods grace I meet someone that was able to vouch for me after several tries secured a two bedroom apartment at itaquera for 1250 Reis including condominium fee but I had to stay in an air b n b for 2 weeks before I got the apartment

4 Likes

Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by kisibo: 10:30pm On Jan 22, 2021
congratulations... give us details and your observations so far since u arrive so that other people people that want to migrate will learn from it.. tx

Ijeamaka1:
I finally moved to SP with my family from Nigeria getting accommodation in São Paulo as a tourist is hectic ,your cpf is not enough , but with Gods grace I meet someone that was able to vouch for me after several tries secured a two bedroom apartment at itaquera for 1250 Reis including condominium fee but I had to stay in an air b n b for 2 weeks before I got the apartment
Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by Ijeamaka1: 10:35pm On Jan 22, 2021
kisibo:
congratulations... give us details and your observations so far since u arrive so that other people people that want to migrate will learn from it.. tx

First thing is learning Portuguese is important to get around easily and for smooth communication,secondly is brazillians are receptive and accommodating, they try their best to communicate and explain things to you if you ask them even with the language barrier

Food ,cloth and electronics is cheap compare to Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by Ijeamaka1: 10:36pm On Jan 22, 2021
Brazil is immigrant friendly ,healthcare and education is free of your are using public hospitals

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by peppo4live: 10:47pm On Jan 22, 2021
MrsNaz:

When were you told to come back for submission?
Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by dehiero: 10:50pm On Jan 22, 2021
Ijeamaka1:
Brazil is immigrant friendly ,healthcare and education is free of your are using public hospitals
How did you go about the legalization of your documents in nigeria? Please share your experience, I thought you were visiting for just a week as u stated previously
Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by TechSpot: 12:44am On Jan 23, 2021
[quote author=slimanyd post=98339105][/quote]

Go to gtbank and request to open a Dom account. You can then deposit us dollars in the dom account. You can buy usd from banks or bdcs.

The guys in Centro, SP usually change usd or naira to Reais.
Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by TechSpot: 12:46am On Jan 23, 2021
Ijeamaka1:

Congrats.

How's life in Itaquera? If you've been to Centro, SP or Centro, Guarulhos, how does Itaquera compare to both places?
Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by Ijeamaka1: 2:53am On Jan 23, 2021
dehiero:

How did you go about the legalization of your documents in nigeria? Please share your experience, I thought you were visiting for just a week as u stated previously
yes I visited for a week last year December , came back to Nigeria and moved my family this January , decided to hit the hard reset button, got tired of Nigeria and needed a second passport for my family

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by Ijeamaka1: 2:54am On Jan 23, 2021
dehiero:

I did not legalize documents when I applied for my visa
Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by Ijeamaka1: 2:58am On Jan 23, 2021
TechSpot:

Congrats.

How's life in Itaquera? If you've been to Centro, SP or Centro, Guarulhos, how does Itaquera compare to both places?
My first stop was Guarulhos stayed in an hotel for 3 days then I moved to Indianapolis,moema to stay in an air b n b for 10days with my family before I got an apartment at itaquera, itaquera is a nice and quiet place although it’s not Behind like moema where the nouveau rich stay but it’s safe , centro is like the hustling place

Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by Ijeamaka1: 2:59am On Jan 23, 2021
Ijeamaka1:
[/quote]

Congrats.

My first stop was Guarulhos stayed in an hotel for 3 days then I moved to Indianapolis,moema to stay in an air b n b for 10days with my family before I got an apartment at itaquera, itaquera is a nice and quiet place although it’s not Behind like moema where the nouveau rich stay but it’s safe , centro is like the hustling place

Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by TechSpot: 7:21am On Jan 23, 2021
Ijeamaka1:

Congrats.

From your description, it seems Itaquera is similar to Guarulhos.

I stayed in Guarulhos for a month, though it's safe, quiet, relatively affordable though not as modern or highbrow like places I stayed in Sao Paulo city centre thus I'm looking for a city that's a balance between both Sao Paulo city and Guarulhos.

Since you've stayed in both Guarulhos and Itaquera... What made u decide to settle down in Itaquera?

Stay safe, I wish you and you family all the best of life in Brazil.

*Pardon my many questions

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) ... (180) (Reply)

Somali Girls Are The Most Beautiful In Africa! / At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. / Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.