Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,656 members, 7,823,853 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:33 PM

Giving Birth In Brazil - Travel (60) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Giving Birth In Brazil (358561 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) ... (181) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by Cousin9999: 10:01pm On Jul 29, 2020
Here's a pretty good article on deciding where to settle in Brazil:

https://www.hachettebookgroup.com/travel/planning/deciding-where-to-live-when-moving-to-brazil/

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by Sonsynas: 7:06pm On Aug 02, 2020
Hi guys. I need more clarification on the attached screenshot.

Like Adjo said..you cant get his permanent residence card from any Brazilian embassy abroad unless am in Brazil.

Right now am confused.

Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by ggrin(f): 1:15pm On Aug 03, 2020
afelouz:

Thank you adjo10, you have really tried on this thread and I personally commend your effort for sharing the little you know about Brazil. today you receive a compliment, tomorrow might be a backlash. I greet you.

dehiero, mryoung16, chriscole, juliusocean, thank you all.
@TechSpot thanks bro, you're are next, we will celebrate it together.

Lets all just focus on how we can help anyone with genuine information. whether Brazil is trash or not, it's left for whoever making the enquiry to decide.
I'm glad I came to Sao Paulo and I will always advise anyone who has the opportunity to give birth in Brazil to do it.
If I'm having 100 kids in this life ehn, I will stroll into Brazil and birth them. thats me!. grin

so do what's best for you. tchau
oi amigo.. Parabens my man!
Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by Adjo10: 10:46am On Aug 08, 2020
Sonsynas:
Hi guys. I need more clarification on the attached screenshot.

Like Adjo said..you cant get his permanent residence card from any Brazilian embassy abroad unless am in Brazil.

Right now am confused.

Hello Sonsynas, don't be confused. You are simply reading about a visa that does not exist anymore. “Permanent visas” which used to be obtained at Brazilian consulates Not “permanent Permit” have been stopped in the 2017 immigration reform.

Unfortunately a lot of info out there are in reference to immigration rules before June 2017. Check the date of the article. I’m sure it is in the past. You can get the best current advice from the many members here who have given birth recently. When you read immigration rules about Brazil online, also pay attention to the date of the information.

All the best in your journey.

Cheers

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by joyevelyn: 10:36pm On Sep 02, 2020
@Adjo10, please I sent you an email
Adjo10:
Hello urstruly1 and Gosina. I have replied to your emails and answered your questions. Thanks
Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by vicshalewa(f): 1:32pm On Sep 22, 2020
Hello house, has anyone applied recently for Brazil Visa?

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by TechSpot: 12:53am On Sep 24, 2020
Adjo10:

Hello Sonsynas, don't be confused. You are simply reading about a visa that does not exist anymore. “Permanent visas” which used to be obtained at Brazilian consulates Not “permanent Permit” have been stopped in the 2017 immigration reform.

Unfortunately a lot of info out there are in reference to immigration rules before June 2017. Check the date of the article. I’m sure it is in the past. You can get the best current advice from the many members here who have given birth recently. When you read immigration rules about Brazil online, also pay attention to the date of the information.

Cheers

So we got our PR...

Thanks to all those that helped on/off this thread; @afelouz, @ajokeomo and others that has helped through the process Thank you @adjo10 @samuelsoma
... I say Muito Obrigado to you all.

5 Likes

Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by mryoung16: 6:42am On Sep 24, 2020
[quote author=TechSpot post=94243029]

So we got our PR...

Thanks to all those that helped on/off this thread; @afelouz, @ajokeomo and others that has helped through the process Thank you @adjo10 @samuelsoma
... I say Muito Obrigado to you all

Congratulations Techspot

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by TechSpot: 5:40pm On Sep 24, 2020
[quote author=mryoung16 post=94245894][/quote]

Thanks
Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by Zchuckles: 6:54pm On Oct 22, 2020
Hello everyone! I started reading the thread today and it's been amazing. Well done to everyone that has pit in their best to give all the necessary info and congratulations to those who have succeeded. I wanted to try this route for delivery but my delivery came around the corona virus time so traveling was out. Now I've given birth, my baby is 3 months now and I have an 8ywar Olaf and a 6year old. Going through the thread, I didn't see much about schooling, if I choose to school in Brazil, any advice on that? I'm a graduate of Economics but I don't mind taking an undergraduate course. Can my hubby and I work to be able to survive with study visa? If we go with tourist visa and it's illegal to get a job with it, what's the best option to survive there? what kind of businesses can you suggest. I'd appreciate your kind response. thank you

Hi mryoung16. I have seen your question since the first day you posted it. I was hoping someone will answer. Your question seem very simple but actually complex. Before i tell you what i know, i would like to point out that i am not a guru. I am just a simple person who was blessed enough to give birth in Brazil. Let me guid you to find the answer for your self.

Assignment: Simply go to the Brazilian consulate website and see the type of visas or permit they issue. If they issue Permanent residency then it is a yes to your question.

My little knowledge: Unfortunately, Brazilian consulates do not issue permanent residency. Only the Polícia Federal in Brazil can receive, process and issue permanent residency and you need to apply in person in Brazil.

So a simple answer to your question: No, you cannot apply for permanent residency at the Brazilian consulate.

Alternative: that does not mean that if you leave Brazil without applying for it, you are disqualified. I can guide you on what to do here on this platform but let keep that for another post. This is becoming too long already. Cheers [/quote]
Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by TadeDetule: 9:57pm On Oct 23, 2020
Please bro...how much does it cost to live in Sao Paulo monthly.. averagely
Adjo10:

Cheers
Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by TechSpot: 12:25am On Oct 25, 2020
Zchuckles:
Hello everyone! I started reading the thread today and it's been amazing. Well done to everyone that has pit in their best to give all the necessary info and congratulations to those who have succeeded. I wanted to try this route for delivery but my delivery came around the corona virus time so traveling was out. Now I've given birth, my baby is 3 months now and I have an 8ywar Olaf and a 6year old. Going through the thread, I didn't see much about schooling, if I choose to school in Brazil, any advice on that? I'm a graduate of Economics but I don't mind taking an undergraduate course. Can my hubby and I work to be able to survive with study visa? If we go with tourist visa and it's illegal to get a job with it, what's the best option to survive there? what kind of businesses can you suggest. I'd appreciate your kind response. thank you

Hi mryoung16. I have seen your question since the first day you posted it. I was hoping someone will answer. Your question seem very simple but actually complex. Before i tell you what i know, i would like to point out that i am not a guru. I am just a simple person who was blessed enough to give birth in Brazil. Let me guid you to find the answer for your self.

Assignment: Simply go to the Brazilian consulate website and see the type of visas or permit they issue. If they issue Permanent residency then it is a yes to your question.

My little knowledge: Unfortunately, Brazilian consulates do not issue permanent residency. Only the Polícia Federal in Brazil can receive, process and issue permanent residency and you need to apply in person in Brazil.

So a simple answer to your question: No, you cannot apply for permanent residency at the Brazilian consulate.

Alternative: that does not mean that if you leave Brazil without applying for it, you are disqualified. I can guide you on what to do here on this platform but let keep that for another post. This is becoming too long already. Cheers

I saw NL notification that you sent a PM. I don't have access to my registered mail so I wouldn't be able to reply it.

On your question, I don't know anything on schooling in Brazil. I think the embassy in Nigeria assist people that want to come to school in Brazil as they provide Portuguese classes at the embassy. You can make your enquiry there or you search online for schools and their entry requirements.

To get a job in Brazil you will need to have an understanding of the language.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by TechSpot: 12:30am On Oct 25, 2020
TadeDetule:
Please bro...how much does it cost to live in Sao Paulo monthly.. averagely

Sao Paulo is a big state with many cities. Depending on the city and the type of accommodation you are looking for; If you want to live in Sao Paulo city in a kitchenette prepare about 1.5 - 2k reais outside SP city you can get 800-1.2k reais for similar space. It can get cheaper the father u move from the Sao paulo city centre and then gets high as you near the beach.
Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by Ijeamaka1: 9:43am On Oct 25, 2020
Goodmorning house am Travelling to Nairobi next month with my wife and son for a 2 weeks and I will also apply for Brazil Tourist visa in Nairobi for my family,please house is it possible to apply in Nairobi with my Nigerian passport, Gurus in the house please advise
Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by AngelicBeing: 3:32pm On Oct 25, 2020
Ijeamaka1:
Goodmorning house am Travelling to Nairobi next month with my wife and son for a 2 weeks and I will also apply for Brazil Tourist visa in Nairobi for my family,please house is it possible to apply in Nairobi with my Nigerian passport, Gurus in the house please advise
Generally speaking, to be able to apply for a visa from most countries, You must have a valid resident permits of that country before you can apply for visa to your next destination, with a Nigerian passport and a visitor to Kenya, the probability of you been allowed to apply for a Brazilian visa from Kenya is like Buhari announcing his resignation as the president of Nigeria due to the current EndSARS protest cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by TadeDetule: 6:09pm On Oct 25, 2020
Oh thank you for your response. But I mean in total...for example feeding and utility inclusive. Thank you.
TechSpot:

Sao Paulo is a big state with many cities. Depending on the city and the type of accommodation you are looking for; If you want to live in Sao Paulo city in a kitchenette prepare about 1.5 - 2k reais outside SP city you can get 800-1.2k reais for similar space. It can get cheaper the father u move from the Sao paulo city centre and then gets high as you near the beach.

Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by TechSpot: 9:50am On Oct 26, 2020
TadeDetule:
Oh thank you for your response. But I mean in total...for example feeding and utility inclusive. Thank you.

Cost of living is relative that's why I only posted cost of rental cos I believe as long as you have a roof over your head you can manage other needs to your pocket or belly size.

Alternatively, https://www.numbeo.com allows you to compare cost of living in different cities.
Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by TadeDetule: 11:54am On Oct 26, 2020
Oh thank you so much.
TechSpot:

Cost of living is relative that's why I only posted cost of rental cos I believe as long as you have a roof over your head you can manage other needs to your pocket or belly size.

Alternatively, https://www.numbeo.com allows you to compare cost of living in different cities.
Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by Glowing1: 1:22pm On Oct 26, 2020
Has anyone receive tourist visa recently? Im 7mths pregnant dont knw if i can apply
Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by Casserole(f): 1:46pm On Oct 26, 2020
Glowing1:
Has anyone receive tourist visa recently? Im 7mths pregnant dont knw if i can apply
7mths is alot sis you showing already?, the application process takes abt 3months
Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by TechSpot: 5:23pm On Oct 26, 2020
Glowing1:

The embassy is open so you can apply. To get into Brazil as a tourist you are required to show health insurance

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by Casserole(f): 6:18pm On Oct 26, 2020
TechSpot:

The embassy is open so you can apply. To get into Brazil as a tourist you are required to show health insurance
Sir please let us encourage people to do things in a civil manner although I encourage people to take their chances 100% but sum1 having a protruding stomach showing up at the embassy applying for tourist visa is just not right these people know whats up and aren't stupid they myt deny the app and cases like this becomes a problem 4the next person & soils the little reputation that we don't have left. All the best sir

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by TechSpot: 9:48pm On Oct 26, 2020
Casserole:

Sir please let us encourage people to do things in a civil manner although I encourage people to take their chances 100% but sum1 having a protruding stomach showing up at the embassy applying for tourist visa is just not right these people know whats up and aren't stupid they myt deny the app and cases like this becomes a problem 4the next person & soils the little reputation that we don't have left. All the best sir

Nothing says a pregnant woman can't be on tour. The embassy now ask you to get health insurance which means you already make provision incase the need for healthcare while on your trip happens. The introduction of health insurance could mean that the tourist won't be using the public healthcare so the obvious pregnancy might not be an issue.

3 Likes

Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by Glowing1: 10:46am On Oct 27, 2020
[quote author=Casserole post=95358152]
7mths is alot sis you showing already?, the application process takes abt 3months [/quolteapplication]

Thanks sis, maybe I will wait after i put to birth i will try other options available
Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by Glowing1: 10:50am On Oct 27, 2020
TechSpot:

I wish to apply since i presently have d required fund, but my problem is d application period, n my greatest fear is rejection.. Plus my passport is still virgin
Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by justwise(m): 11:35am On Oct 27, 2020
Glowing1:

Please don’t waste your time and money applying in your current situation, it will be difficult to believe that you are going on holiday to Brazil 7months pregnant. A year old baby can read in between the line on this one. Coronavirus is hitting Brazil harder than most countries, so using holiday as a reason for travelling there is highly questionable.

Like you suggested have your baby in Nigeria and plan better for next pregnancy .

2 Likes

Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by TechSpot: 4:10pm On Oct 27, 2020
Glowing1:

I wish to apply since i presently have d required fund, but my problem is d application period, n my greatest fear is rejection.. Plus my passport is still virgin

If your enquiry was before covid I won't advice you to apply but now that they will ask you to get health insurance which is you commiting to healthcare cost before travelling that's why I suggest you apply.

Everything else is your decision either you choose to apply or not. Alternatively, you can visit the embassy.

The application period isn't fixed but I think it is faster now. Someone applied in September and was called for interview the next day while my interview last year was after a month from d day I applied.

I'm not an agent, if you send me PM I can't get it... I'm only trying to help cause I got help here for free.

I would say you visit the Embassy and make enquiry to know what is perculiar in your situation.

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by elijah101(m): 4:43pm On Oct 27, 2020
Justwise gave you the best advice ... Techspot na 50-50 ... you will follow his advice if you have money to burn..... best to give birth here and when you want to have your next child go to brazil or even mexico sef ...... you would be well prepared then and well informed .. everything you need is here
Glowing1:

Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by Glowing1: 5:44pm On Oct 27, 2020
TechSpot:

If your enquiry was before covid I won't advice you to apply but now that they will ask you to get health insurance which is you commiting to healthcare cost before travelling that's why I suggest you apply.

Everything else is your decision either you choose to apply or not. Alternatively, you can visit the embassy.

The application period isn't fixed but I think it is faster now. Someone applied in September and was called for interview the next day while my interview last year was after a month from d day I applied.

I'm not an agent, if you send me PM I can't get it... I'm only trying to help cause I got help here for free.

I would say you visit the Embassy and make enquiry to know what is perculiar in your situation.

I appreciate ur response, i will create chance n visit d embassy by monday next werek. During ur time how long did it take them to give u ur visa after d interview?
Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by TechSpot: 5:56pm On Oct 27, 2020
Glowing1:

I appreciate ur response, i will create chance n visit d embassy by monday next werek. During ur time how long did it take them to give u ur visa after d interview?

I picked up 7 days after my interview
Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by Glowing1: 6:14pm On Oct 27, 2020
TechSpot:

I picked up 7 days after my interview

D person, u know that applied in September, pls was it successful?

Cos I need to gather every info I can get
Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by TechSpot: 11:32pm On Oct 27, 2020
Glowing1:

D person, u know that applied in September, pls was it successful?

Cos I need to gather every info I can get

Yes

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) ... (181) (Reply)

Somali Girls Are The Most Beautiful In Africa! / At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. / Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.