Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,698 members, 7,862,196 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 10:59 AM

Your God Is Too Small - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Your God Is Too Small (19321 Views)

Funke Adejumo's UK Ban: Daddy Freeze, Adelaja & Mayowa Are Too Small To Ban Rev. / Prepare To Meet Your God (An Excerpt): The Rapture And Great Tribulation! / "T.B Joshua Is Too Small" - Apostle Johnson Suleman (Throwback Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your God Is Too Small by dalaman: 2:51pm On Sep 27, 2015
winner01:
[b]It is estimated that there are today over 27 million people in the world who are subject to slavery: forced labor, sex trade, inheritable property, etc. As those who have been redeemed from the slavery of sin, followers of Jesus Christ are the foremost champions of ending human slavery in the world today.

Now the Bible does not specifically condemn the practice of slavery. But it gives instructions on how slaves should be treated ( Deuteronomy 15:12-15 ; Ephesians 6:9 ; Colossians 4:1 ).

What you fail to understand is that slavery in biblical times was very different from the slavery that was practiced in the past few centuries in many parts of the world. The slavery in the Bible was not based exclusively on race. People were not enslaved because of their nationality or the color of their skin. In Bible times, slavery was based more on economics; it was a matter of social status. People sold themselves as slaves when they could not pay their debts or provide for their families. In New Testament times, sometimes doctors, lawyers, and even politicians were slaves of someone else. Some people actually chose to be slaves so as to have all their needs provided for by their masters.

The slavery of the past few centuries was often based exclusively on skin color. In the United States, many black people were considered slaves because of their nationality; many slave owners truly believed black people to be inferior human beings. The Bible condemns race-based slavery in that it teaches that all men are created by God and made in His image Genesis 1:27. At the same time, the Old Testament did allow for economic- based slavery and regulated it. The key issue is that the slavery the Bible allowed for in no way resembled the racial slavery that plagued our world in the past few centuries.

In addition, both the Old and New Testaments condemn the practice of “man-stealing,” which is what happened in Africa in the 19th century. Africans were rounded up by slave-hunters, who sold them to slave-traders, who brought them to the New World to work on plantations and farms.
This practice is abhorrent to God. In fact, the penalty for such a crime in the Mosaic Law was death: “Anyone who kidnaps another and either sells him or still has him when he is caught must be put to death” Exodus 21:16.

Similarly, in the New Testament, slave-traders are listed among those who are “ungodly and sinful” and are in the same category as those who kill their fathers or mothers, murderers, adulterers and perverts, and liars and perjurers (1 Timothy 1:8–10 ).

The Bible is to point the way to salvation, not to reform society. The Bible often approaches issues from the inside out. If a person experiences the love, mercy, and grace of God by receiving His salvation, God will reform his soul, changing the way he thinks and acts. A person who has experienced God’s gift of salvation and freedom from the slavery of sin, as God reforms his soul, will realize that enslaving another human being is wrong. He will see, with Paul, that a slave can be “a brother in the Lord” ( Philemon 1:16 ). A person who has truly experienced God’s grace will in turn be gracious towards others. That would be the Bible’s prescription for ending slavery.

As for murder, In order for God to commit murder, He would have to act “unlawfully.” We must recognize that God is God. “His works are perfect, and all His ways are just. A faithful God who does no wrong, upright and just is He” (Deuteronomy 32:4 ; Psalm 11:7 ; 90:9 ). He created man and expects obedience

(Exodus 20:4-6 ; Exodus 23:21 ; 2 John 1:6 ). When man takes it upon himself to disobey God, he faces God’s wrath (Exodus 19:5 ; Exodus 23:21-22 ; Leviticus 26:14-18 ). Furthermore, “God is a just judge, and God is angry with the wicked every day.

Nowhere in Scripture can we find where God killed “innocent” people. In fact, compared to God’s holiness, there is no such thing as an “innocent” person. All have sinned (Romans 3:23 ), and the penalty for sin is death ( Romans 6:23a ). God has “just cause” to wipe us all out; the fact that He doesn’t is proof of His mercy.

Until the final judgment, there is always mercy to be found. Every person dies in God’s own time (Hebrews 9:27 ; Genesis 3:19 ). Jesus holds the keys of death (Revelation 1:18 ). Ill ask you; Does the fact that everyone experiences physical death make God a “killer”? In the sense that He could prevent all death, yes. He allows us to die. But He is no murderer. Death is part of the human experience because we brought it into the world ourselves (Romans 5:12 ). One day, as John Donne put it, “Death shall be no more; death, thou shalt die.” God, in His grace, has conquered death for those who are in Christ, and one day that truth will be fully realized: “The last enemy to be subdued and abolished is death” (1 Corinthians 15:26 ).
God is faithful to His word. He will destroy the wicked, and He holds “the unrighteous for the day of judgment, while continuing their punishment” (2 Peter 2:9 ). But He has also promised that “the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord” ( Romans 6:23b ). [/b]

You are a thief, don't you know that plagiarism is the same as stealing, must you steal in order to defend some elusive and imaginary God? Next time make sure you post the link to where you steal your materials.

http://www.gotquestions.org/Bible-slavery.html. This is where you stole all what you wrote down. I will not respond to it since it isn't your own thoughts. I will rather respond to the person that wrote it directly. I won't honor you with a respons when you steal people's materials and post them as yours.

Just the answer i expected. Gibberish!!!
My picture aint trash, it only hit you where you didnt expect. There's no God according to you, man must have been a great coincidence, then answer the question.

@bolded, thats a stup1d question cos you people claim not to believe in anything. Y'all are so empty. What then is the reason for man. Be sensible please.

Your picture is complete thrash because it is not God or nothing, there is the option of I don't know which is the most sincere and true option, because the reality is no one really knows. You have just been defending the opinion of others and presenting them as if they are factual. Saying that man must be a coincidence is your own making an assumption, I do not know so I have no position of how man came about, until studies are don and the verifiable truth is established, I am very OK with I do not know.

What exactly is the reason for man? It all depend of what reason you chose to ascribe to man because man has no reason in reality, to the Hindu man's reason for existence is to archive nirvana, to the muslims man's reason for existence is to submit to the will of Allah as a loyal slave, to the christian man's reason is to achieve salvation through believing in Jesus, to the hedonist, man's reason is to achieve all the pleasure he can achieve. There is no universal reason for man's existence. it all depends on what you make of it.

1 Like

Re: Your God Is Too Small by winner01(m): 2:51pm On Sep 27, 2015
frank317:

Pls don't make fun of me oh wise representative of the creator. I don't wanna cry no more
Blah,blah,blah, when will you make sense. You are because a Creator is. Its that simple...Or, tell us what you believe exactly. That man just appeared from nothing?

You've always cried foul about God and religion, why should you stop now.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Your God Is Too Small by dalaman: 3:01pm On Sep 27, 2015
winner01:

[b]That question was asked severally in the Bible. I want you to realize that the christian walk is not an easy walk just as there is no easy way to success.

Just as christians love to quote bible verses for protection, they tend to suppress other scriptures which are equally relevant and point us toward walking down a road that none of us who are sane want to travel, the path of suffering.
Paul learned this when he said; "For I will shew him how great things he must suffer for my name's sake" (Acts 9:16). 2 Timothy 2:12 tells us that "If we suffer, we shall also reign with him."
There is more to God than just wanting to rescue us from everything so that it all goes our way all the time. "For what glory is it, if, when ye be buffeted for your faults, ye shall take it patiently? but if, when ye do well, and suffer for it, ye take it patiently, this is acceptable with God" ( 1 Pet. 2:20 ).

God wants us to learn from suffering and He wants to strengthen us through it. "But and if ye suffer for righteousness' sake, happy are ye: and be not afraid of their terror, neither be troubled;" (1 Peter 3:14 ).

A christian's attitude is supposed to change from one of fear and avoidance to that of embracing the suffering before us.
As Christians, God does not promise to preserve our physical bodies during our earthly lives unless it serves His purposes and allows us to accomplish His will for us. The suffering in our paths can only hurt us so much. We may die physically, but only God has charge over our soul and He has promised to preserve our souls.
Most times when suffering is in front of us, we naturally look for a way out of it, you will agree that there is no way out, Christians are actually to run toward it and accept it as part of His plan for us.
Now that is where it is hard to understand again, to accept that God allows us to be killed, even beheaded. However, Christ went down that road, "For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit:" (1 Pet. 3:18).
We all want to be Christ-like, but most of the time that means only in ways we agree with or want.
Christ made it clear although that if we want to be like Him, we will have suffering, not possibly, but will. That just goes against the grain of what many Christian churches m teach nowadays. Jesus Christ explained to those who said they were following Him that He was their food and they did not understand because they did not want to understand. "When Jesus knew in himself that his disciples murmured at it, he said unto them, Doth this offend you? What and if ye shall see the Son of man ascend up where he was before? It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life. But there are some of you that believe not.

A sound christian fears no evil, not even death. The carnal man sees death as the ultimate, we see it as a transition into glory.

"Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather, be afraid of the One who can destroy both soul and body in hell."-(matt 10:28) [/b]

Lifting people's materials and not acknowledging is is called plagiarism and it is the same as theft. Stop stealing.

http://www.afa.net/the-stand/christian-persecution/why-is-god-allowing-beheadings/
Re: Your God Is Too Small by dalaman: 3:04pm On Sep 27, 2015
winner01:
[b]Your question should be "can you explain" not "can you demonstrate". Its like asking you to demonstrate how man came into existence. It makes no sense.

In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth ( Genesis 1:1 ). (Time was created)

This verse tells us that God was acting before time when He created the universe. Many other verses from the New Testament tell us that God was acting before time began, and so, He created time, along with the other dimensions of our universe:

No, we speak of God's secret wisdom, a wisdom
that has been hidden and that God destined for our
glory before time began. (1 Corinthians 2:7 )

This grace was given us in Christ Jesus before the
beginning of time (2 Timothy 1:9 )

The hope of eternal life, which God... promised
before the beginning of time (Titus 1:2 )

To the only God our Savior, through Jesus Christ
our Lord, be glory, majesty, dominion and authority,
before all time and now and forever. Amen. (Jude
1:25 )

Justin Martyr, a second century Christian apologist, in his Hortatory Address to the Greeks, said that Plato got the idea that time was created along with the universe from Moses:

"And from what source did Plato draw the information that time was created along with the heavens? For he wrote thus: 'Time, accordingly, was created along with the heavens; in order that, coming into being together, they might also be together dissolved, if ever their dissolution should take place.' Had he not learned this from the divine history of Moses?"

Since we live in a universe of cause and effect, we naturally assume that this is the only way in which any kind of existence can function. However, the premise is false. Without the dimension of time, there is no cause and effect, and all things that could exist in such a realm would have no need of being caused, but would have always existed.

Therefore God has no need of being created, but, in fact, created the time dimension of our universe specifically for a reason - so that cause and effect would exist for us. However, since God created time, cause and effect would never apply to His existence.

God exists in more than one dimension of time. Things that exist in one dimension of time are restricted to time's arrow and are confined to cause and effect. However, two dimensions of time form a plane of time, which has no beginning and no end and is not restricted to any single direction. A being that exists in at least two dimensions of time can travel anywhere in time and yet never had a beginning, since a plane of time has no starting point.

The idea that God can be eternal leads some people to the idea that maybe the universe is eternal, and, therefore, God doesn't need to exist at all.
Actually, this was the prevalent belief of atheists before the observational data of the 20th century strongly refuted the idea that the universe was eternal. This fact presented a big dilemma for atheists, since a non-eternal universe implied that it must have been caused.
Maybe Genesis 1:1 was correct! Not to be dismayed by the facts, atheists have invented some metaphysical "science" that attempts to explain away the existence of God.

Hence, most atheistic cosmologists believe that we see only the visible part of a much larger "multiverse" that randomly spews out universes with different physical parameters. Since there is no evidence supporting this idea (nor can there be, according to the laws of the universe), it is really just a substitute "god" for atheists.

And, since this "god" is non-intelligent by definition, it requires a complex hypothesis, which would be ruled out if we use Occam's razor, which states that one should use the simplest logical explanation for any phenomenon. Purposeful intelligent design of the universe makes much more sense, especially based upon what we know about the design of the universe.

When Stephen Hawking, George Ellis, and Roger Penrose extended the equations for general relativity to include space and time, the results showed that time has a beginning - at the moment of creation (i.e., the Big Bang). In fact, many professors make such a claim - that the universe had a beginning and that this beginning marked the beginning of time.
Such assertions support the Bible's claim that time began at the creation of the universe.
God has no need to have been created, since He exists either outside time (where cause and effect do not operate) or within multiple dimensions of time (such that there is no beginning of God's plane of time). Hence God is eternal, having never been created.

Although it is possible that the universe itself is eternal, eliminating the need for its creation, observational evidence contradicts this hypothesis, since the universe began to exist a finite 13.8 billion years ago. The only possible escape for the atheist is the invention of a kind of super universe, which can never be confirmed experimentally (hence it is metaphysical in nature, and not scientific). [/b]

Stop being a plagiarist, its stealing and according to your religion stealing is a sin.

http://www.godandscience.org/apologetics/who_created_god.html
Re: Your God Is Too Small by KingEbukasBlog(m): 3:05pm On Sep 27, 2015
dalaman:

You are a thief, don't you know that plagiarism is the same as stealing, must you steal in order to defend some elusive and imaginary God? Next time make sure you post the link to where you steal your materials.

http://www.gotquestions.org/Bible-slavery.html. This is where you stole all what you wrote down. I will not respond to it since it isn't your own thoughts. I will rather respond to the person that wrote it directly. I won't honor you with a respons when you steal people's materials and post them as yours.

@shiinihost ... copied his bullshi.t from this site but I still addressed his opinion . So not responding to winner01 's is an act of cowardice . You dont have any rebuttals , so you opted not to respond . Its pretty simple .

https://biologos.org/common-questions/scientific-evidence/ages-of-the-earth-and-universe

1 Like

Re: Your God Is Too Small by winner01(m): 3:06pm On Sep 27, 2015

[/quote]Foolishness!!!!...Show some more cos thats what y'all are good at.

Sorry ehn, Pardon me but I didnt hear you cry foul when your fellow anti-theist lied about being a christian. Dont then be too upbeat about references in an informal context.
You dont need to respond, Aheists run when shown their folly, run away and never come back.
dalaman:

Your picture is complete thrash because it is not God or nothing, there is the option of I don't know which is the most sincere and true option, because the reality is no one really knows. You have just been defending the opinion of others and presenting them as if they are factual. Saying that man must be a coincidence is your own making an assumption, [b]I do not know
so I have no position of how man came about, until studies are don and the verifiable truth is established, I am very OK with I do not know.

What exactly is the reason for man? It all depend of what reason you chose to ascribe to man because man has no reason in reality, to the Hindu man's reason for existence is to archive nirvana, to the muslims man's reason for existence is to submit to the will of Allah as a loyal slave, to the christian man's reason is to achieve salvation through believing in Jesus, to the hedonist, man's reason is to achieve all the pleasure he can achieve. There is no universal reason for man's existence. it all depends on what you make of it.
The picture makes sense to those who choose to make use of their brains, im not surprised at your gibberish.
@ bolded, By all means, gladly continue in ignorance. When next you seek for knowlegdge, dont read. Just believe that you're here and like every other irrelevant object, live and die.
Its not enough You dont know, you need other people not to know with you. Now you've created for yourself a religion, open your eyes, you will see.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Your God Is Too Small by KingEbukasBlog(m): 3:08pm On Sep 27, 2015
dalaman:

Lifting people's materials and not acknowledging is is called plagiarism and it is the same as theft. Stop stealing.

http://www.afa.net/the-stand/christian-persecution/why-is-god-allowing-beheadings/

Its simple , stop obfuscating issues . Whether it was "stolen" or not tackle the points - refute the post
Re: Your God Is Too Small by dalaman: 3:08pm On Sep 27, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

@shiinihost ... copied his bullshi.t from this site but I still addressed his opinion . So not responding to winner01 's is an act of cowardice . You dont have any rebuttals , so you opted not to respond . Its pretty simple .

https://biologos.org/common-questions/scientific-evidence/ages-of-the-earth-and-universe

I have debated more knowledgeable christian and muslims here who have coined their own arguments and opinions themselves. I actually responded to the arguments he made himself, but I will not honor his stealing ways by responding to another person's argument he stole. When ever he presents his own arguments that he reasoned out himself I will always respond to it, but stealing other people's work and posing it as his doesn't deserve my response.
Re: Your God Is Too Small by frank317: 3:14pm On Sep 27, 2015
winner01:
I would call you an animal cos you evolved from one, (of course you might not believe). I would call you nothing cos you came from nothing, maybe you dont believe that too.
You are an embarassment to humanity. You believe you have no essence, purpose, cause. How much can y'all sound any more insane

Watin De pain this one.

I live my life normally, help my young ones and love ones if I am opportuned. Hustle just like u and hope for the best.

You chose to insult me because I don't believe in ur assumption of a creator. Are u mad?

I have deliberately avoided ur mentions becasue u seem to talk a lot yet have made no sense.

But answer me, is such a mad man like u also a representative of the almighty intelligent creator just like Ebuka?

Pls what the hell is wrong with this creator?

2 Likes

Re: Your God Is Too Small by dalaman: 3:14pm On Sep 27, 2015
winner01:

Foolishness!!!!...Show some more cos thats what y'all are good at.

Sorry ehn, Pardon me but I didnt hear you cry foul when your fellow anti-theist lied about being a christian. Dont then be too upbeat about references in an informal context.
You dont need to respond, Aheists run when shown their folly, run away and never come back.

Your picture is complete thrash because it is not God or nothing, there is the option of I don't know which is the most sincere and true option, because the reality is no one really knows. You have just been defending the opinion of others and presenting them as if they are factual. Saying that man must be a coincidence is your own making an assumption, [b]I do not know
so I have no position of how man came about, until studies are don and the verifiable truth is established, I am very OK with I do not know.

@ bolded, By all means, gladly continue in ignorance. When next you seek for knowlegdge, dont read. Just believe that you're here and like every other irrelevant object, live and die.
Its not enough You dont know, you need other people not to know with you. Now you've created for yourself a religion, open your eyes, you will see. [/b]

1. I don't respect stealing in anyway. You are a plagiarist, when next you reason out your own thoughts and opinions and put them forth then I will respond to them, until them I do not respect the opinion of thieves. Stealing according t your bible is a sin so plase stop sinning. You are not even living upto the standard you are claiming.

2. What exactly is the reason for human existence? The muslims say that the reason for humans existence is to gladly submit to the will of Allah as a loyal slave while the Hindus say the reason for human existence is to archive nirvana, why are they wrong? Can you tell me the universally acceptable reason for human existence? Where is it written and why doesn't everybody adhere to it?
Re: Your God Is Too Small by winner01(m): 3:18pm On Sep 27, 2015
dalaman:

ehyaa, sorry ehn. Tell that to your lying brother and stop being an impartial sucker. tongue..

Im sure you didnt think you were breaking the rules when you decided to exhibit your foolishness in religious section.

1 Like

Re: Your God Is Too Small by KingEbukasBlog(m): 3:20pm On Sep 27, 2015
dalaman:

I have debated more knowledgeable christian and muslims here who have coined their own arguments and opinions themselves. I actually responded to the arguments he made himself, but I will not honor his stealing ways by responding to another person's argument he stole. When ever he presents his own arguments that he reasoned out himself I will always respond to it, but stealing other people's work and posing it as his doesn't deserve my response.

Most atheists plagiarize but I still respond though its exasperating . Stop the display of "intellectual hubris" and offer whatever you have against the post that's if you have any
Re: Your God Is Too Small by winner01(m): 3:24pm On Sep 27, 2015
frank317:

Watin De pain this one.

I live my life normally, help my young ones and love ones if I am opportuned. Hustle just like u and hope for the best.

You chose to insult me because I don't believe in ur assumption of a creator. Are u mad?

I have deliberately avoided ur mentions becasue u seem to talk a lot yet have made no sense.

But answer me, is such a mad man like u also a representative of the almighty intelligent creator just like Ebuka?

Pls what the hell is wrong with this creator?
You make sense na, rubbish!!!. Dwelling in religion section day and night, go check your brains.

You life is the Creator's handiwork, as long as you are here ill keep pointing that to you.

You speak of what you dont believe everyday of your life, and you no mad? undecided
Your madness na raise to power 10.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Your God Is Too Small by KingEbukasBlog(m): 3:30pm On Sep 27, 2015
dalaman:

1. I don't respect stealing in anyway. You are a plagiarist, when next you reason out your own thoughts and opinions and put them forth then I will respond to them, until them I do not respect the opinion of thieves. Stealing according t your bible is a sin so plase stop sinning. You are not even living upto the standard you are claiming.

This is insanely puerile . This is the same way you ignored my other explanation for the existence of God outside time - infinite regression - because you could not refute the post . Stop sulking like a petulant big baby and address what he has laid out

2. What exactly is the reason for human existence? The muslims say that the reason for humans existence is to gladly submit to the will of Allah as a loyal slave while the Hindus say the reason for human existence is to archive nirvana, why are they wrong? Can you tell me the universally acceptable reason for human existence? Where is it written and why doesn't everybody adhere to it?

What is your own reason for human existence
Re: Your God Is Too Small by dalaman: 3:31pm On Sep 27, 2015
winner01:
ehyaa, sorry ehn. Tell that to your lying brother and stop being an impartial sucker. tongue..

Im sure you didnt think you were breaking the rules when you decided to exhibit your foolishness in religious section.

Contributing to the religious section isn't against the law anywhere. Can you state any of the forum law that says that atheist shouldn't contribute to the religious section? Plagiarism on the other hand is stealing and is punishable in many cases. Stop stealing people's work , when next you lift a person's work acknowledge the source. Bury your head in shame and stop stealing. it is against the religion you are even promoting.
Re: Your God Is Too Small by KingEbukasBlog(m): 3:31pm On Sep 27, 2015
frank317:

Watin De pain this one.

God exists
Re: Your God Is Too Small by dalaman: 3:35pm On Sep 27, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

This is insanely puerile . This is the same way you ignored my other explanation for the existence of God outside time - infinite regression - because you could not refute the post . Stop sulking like a petulant big baby and address what he has laid out

You brought a quote from the biblical creation account, an account which you acknowledge is an allegory because it doesn't even make sense to you and I said I will not even deal with it because it is a mythical account. How does it amount to me not being able to refute it?

What is your own reason for human existence

There is no reason for human existence, the reason for human existence is what ever humans chose to make of it. The reason for human existence according t the Hindu is to archive nirvana. Why is he wrong?
Re: Your God Is Too Small by KingEbukasBlog(m): 3:35pm On Sep 27, 2015
dalaman:

Contributing to the religious section isn't against the law anywhere. Can you state any of the forum law that says that atheist shouldn't contribute to the religious section? Plagiarism on the other hand is stealing and is punishable in many cases. Stop stealing people's work , when next you lift a person's work acknowledge the source. Bury your head in shame and stop stealing. it is against the religion you are even promoting.

You are talking of shame after you lied about reading the bible , koran , and the Hndus' book but do not know who Solomon is . Your disingenuity knows no bounds

1 Like

Re: Your God Is Too Small by winner01(m): 3:35pm On Sep 27, 2015
dalaman:

Why are you crying thief!!! are you enchanted? You speak of rules, you didnt think so when you decided to spew trash on religious section. Going by rules, you arnt meant to be here. Last i checked, Nigerians have a right to freedom of worship. So why the unnecessary obsession with God. When you fuvk off, ill play by the rules.
dalaman:

Naah, you tell me. Give me a reason why you should exist or why a universe should exist.

1 Like

Re: Your God Is Too Small by dalaman: 3:43pm On Sep 27, 2015
winner01:
Why are you crying thief!!! are you enchanted? You speak of rules, you didnt think so when you decided to spew trash on religious section. Going by rules, you arnt meant to be here. Last i checked, Nigerians have a right to freedom of worship. So why the unnecessary obsession with God. When you fuvk off, ill play by the rules.

I am crying thief because you were caught stealing. Which rule says that an atheist can not contribute to the religious section. Where is it written, you have turned from stealing to lying. Anyway most thieves are liars.

Naah, you tell me. Give me a reason why you should exist or why a universe should exist.

You implied that humans have a reason for existence, I asked you where this reason for existence can be found and is every body not adhering to it and all you can do is cry baa baa baa like a sheep. You are not just deluded but almost insane.
Re: Your God Is Too Small by KingEbukasBlog(m): 4:09pm On Sep 27, 2015
dalaman:

You brought a quote from the biblical creation account, an account which you acknowledge is an allegory because it doesn't even make sense to you and I said I will not even deal with it because it is a mythical account. How does it amount to me not being able to refute it?

You asked me to show how God could exist outside time . I used

1. The biblical account

2. Infinite regression

You refuted the biblical account of creation , ignoring infinite regression . Respond to the second one

There is no reason for human existence, the reason for human existence is what ever humans chose to make of it. The reason for human existence according t the Hindu is to archive nirvana. Why is he wrong?

There is no reason for the existence of computers/robots/sellotapes/buckets/scissors , the reason for the existence of computers/robots/sellotapes/buckets/scissors is whatever they choose make of it

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Your God Is Too Small by winner01(m): 4:13pm On Sep 27, 2015
dalaman:

I am crying thief because you were caught stealing. Which rule says that an atheist can not contribute to the religious section. Where is it written, you have turned from stealing to lying. Anyway most thieves are liars.
Na yur papa property i steal? undecided Or does this look like academia, journalism or industry
When you realize your obsession for God and religion, You'll see where you broke the rules.

dalaman:

You implied that humans have a reason for existence, I asked you where this reason for existence can be found and is every body not adhering to it and all you can do is cry baa baa baa like a sheep. You are not just deluded but almost insane.
So i should find a physical reason for someone who believes he exists for absolutely no reason. The same mumu believes that all man's creations are for a cause, but man himself has no cause.

You've lost it completely, go get the help you dont deserve.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Your God Is Too Small by KingEbukasBlog(m): 4:20pm On Sep 27, 2015
winner01:
Na yur papa property i steal? undecided Or does this look like academia, journalism or industry
When you realize your obsession for God and religion, You'll see where you broke the rules.

So i should find a physical reason for someone who believes he exists for absolutely no reason. The same mumu believes that all man's creations are for as cause, but man himself has no cause.

dalaman

Lielieman needs to quit his hypocrisy and shameful deceit . He claimed to have read the bible , koran and the Hindus' book and still says he does not know who Solomon is . grin

D

1 Like

Re: Your God Is Too Small by frank317: 4:22pm On Sep 27, 2015
winner01:
You make sense na, rubbish!!!. Dwelling in religion section day and night, go check your brains.

You life is the Creator's handiwork, as long as you are here ill keep pointing that to you.

You speak of what you dont believe everyday of your life, and you no mad? undecided
Your madness na raise to power 10.

Lol... OK I am mad that's why I am always here. Are u also here because u are mad?

If u believe in the existence of a creator why are u trying to convince urself day and night. If God exists why does he need you to talk for him? Are u God?
Re: Your God Is Too Small by frank317: 4:25pm On Sep 27, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

God exists

Of course... In your brain.
Re: Your God Is Too Small by lepasharon(f): 4:44pm On Sep 27, 2015
We humans are all gods. Nobody ever figured out how the world works by praying. Humans did.
Re: Your God Is Too Small by KingEbukasBlog(m): 4:48pm On Sep 27, 2015
frank317:

Of course... In your brain.

My brain that developed or came from the non living and the non living that came from nothing

ok

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Your God Is Too Small by KingEbukasBlog(m): 4:59pm On Sep 27, 2015
lepasharon:
We humans are all gods. Nobody ever figured out how the world works by praying. Humans did.

Religion and Science

Religion - the worship of God

Science - the study of nature

I agree with the very solid point made smiley

1 Like

Re: Your God Is Too Small by winner01(m): 5:02pm On Sep 27, 2015
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]
frank317:

Lol... OK I am mad that's why I am always here. Are u also here because u are mad?

If u believe in the existence of a creator why are u trying to convince urself day and night. If God exists why does he need you to talk for him? Are u God?
Im here because i believe in God. Ask yourself why yur here? Be honest and your life will have a direction.

I'm convinced of God's existence, I only find your obsession amazing and irritating at the same time. Do you expect people to ignore stup1dityundecided??

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Your God Is Too Small by dalaman: 5:31pm On Sep 27, 2015
winner01:

So i should find a physical reason for someone who believes he exists for absolutely no reason. The same mumu believes that all man's creations are for a cause, but man himself has no cause.

It doesn't have to be my papa's property, stealing people's intellectual property is wrong. Is plagiarism only an offence in academia? You are a shameless thief, Nairaland is actually lenient, in many other forums you will be banned immediately for plagiarism. Plagiarism is against the rules here on nairaland it is clearly spelled out, if I report you, you will be banned, hope you know that?

Here it is clearly spelled out.
Please Observe The Following Rules:

9. Don't use Nairaland for illegal acts, e.g scamming, copyright infringement, hacking, gay meetings, and incitement.

13. Please report any post or topic that violates the rules of Nairaland using the (Report) button

You have broken one of the forum rules. If you continue to insist I will report you and you will be banned. Plagiarism is illegal here. You are a thief.

What is man's cause and reason. Where can it be found and why doesn't all men agree to it? Why haven'y you been able to answer? Until you point to any law that I have broken here

I will only take you seriously when you can come up with your own thoughts and also tell me the reason and purpose for human existence and why it is not universally adhered to.
Re: Your God Is Too Small by dalaman: 5:35pm On Sep 27, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

dalaman

Lielieman needs to quit his hypocrisy and shameful deceit . He claimed to have read the bible , koran and the Hindus' book and still says he does not know who Solomon is . grin

D

I said Solomon is a mythical character. Stop referring me to mythical characters when interacting with me.
Re: Your God Is Too Small by dalaman: 5:44pm On Sep 27, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

You asked me to show how God could exist outside time . I used

1. The biblical account

2. Infinite regression

You refuted the biblical account of creation , ignoring infinite regression . Respond to the second one

You have only been assuming a God. You claim there is a God that exist, I have been asking you to just describe this God for me so that when i encounter it , I will know it is what you are talking about and not some other phenomenon, you've refused to do that, instead you have been jumping from pillar to post.

There is no reason for the existence of computers/robots/sellotapes/buckets/scissors , the reason for the existence of computers/robots/sellotapes/buckets/scissors is whatever they choose make of it

The things you listed have many uses and their uses depend on what the person using them decides to use them for. My laptop is used mostly for school work and surfing the internet, but my nephews laptop is used mostly for watching movies and listening to music. Another person's laptop might be used solely for scamming and fraud, just as another might be used mostly for storing pictures. A scissors might be used to cut cloth by someone and used as a murder weapon by a serial killer. But that is beside the point.

Tell me the universal reason for man's existence and why it is not adhered to by all humans. Why do all religions have different reasons for human existence, I just mentioned a few to you. Please stop running away from the question.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Apostle Suleman Sex Scandal: What I Learnt From The Incident About Nigerians / Bible Verses And Quotes To Encourage You In Trying Times / Is A Prayerless Christian Really A Powerless Christian?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 139
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.