Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,987 members, 7,835,307 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:27 AM

The Movie Club - TV/Movies (81) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / The Movie Club (83932 Views)

3 Idiots: Have You Seen The Movie? Please, Share Your Lessons! / NL Movie-Club: Summer 2011 Stakeout / The Movie "300" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) ... (96) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Movie Club by obinna5000(m): 3:47pm On Feb 02, 2011
@doyin13
Na wa o!!
You've not even reviewed "Shutter Island".  undecided  embarassed
Re: The Movie Club by doyin13(m): 4:11pm On Feb 02, 2011
Oya biko. . . no vex. grin grin grin

I am no good at reviewing films I have little complaints about. And I had little complaints about Shutter Island. Could have done with some editing and a shorter running time, though I guess it was required to build atmosphere.

Its a good genre film and does what it sets out to do well.

80 PER CENT.

Oh one gripe. . . one can pretty much figure out where its going halfway through.
Re: The Movie Club by KazeKage1: 8:15am On Feb 03, 2011
Watched it again this morning. . smiley
Long term pals Martin Scorsese&Di Caprio team up in this thrilling flick and thank goodness i ain't chained by the no spoiler rules these days. cheesy

Seriously though,you really don't have to 'love' or 'hate' Shutter Island cause it's one of those movies that makes you think, a bit like Inception. .only a twisty(-ed) ending.

Di Caprio plays the role of a cop who's sent to a psycho home (Shutter Island) to investigate a murder case involving one of the female inmates.  After rounds of questioning and NO reasonable answers, Teddy (Di Caprio) ,along with his side-kick Chuck decides to do their thing, by digging deeper to solve the mystery. But at some point, he starts hallucinating and sees his dead wife who was killed sometime back after Dr. Crawley had given him some 'Aspirin' (What kinda Aspirin does that?) grin cheesy

Also at some point in the movie, he begins to question his own sanity and decides once and for all to find out the 'REAL' truth about the dealings on Shutter Island.

I'll give the movie 82% for keeping me awake, plot and thrills.

Onto the next one  smiley

P.S: This is v3  wink
Re: The Movie Club by vescucci(m): 10:09am On Feb 03, 2011
v3? Nanda dattebayo?
Re: The Movie Club by KazeKage1: 12:02pm On Feb 03, 2011
@vesc
The useless spambot angry
Re: The Movie Club by JeSoul(f): 3:45pm On Feb 03, 2011
Vieira:

Beauty is really in the eye of the beholder o!

Memento is my all time favourite movie and see how Jesoul has just used her keyboard to diss it?

Memento is flawless!
If by flawless you mean flawless in its total and utter incompetency . . . then I'm with you! smiley Mehn, Vieira sorry oh, but I haven't even begun to diss Memento yet. That was just an introduction. The producers/writers should be bound and tied to a huge cactus plant, stripped nekkid, and then shot at 1minute intervals with tatase & okro loaded shotguns right in their eyes and behinds. And between intervals, dump bird feed on them and let loose a legion of pidgeons to eat off them. Then resume with the pepper guns again.

And this is just day 1 of 30 of their punishment.

doyin13:

I preferred the Tim Burton Batmen cause they never took themselves seriously. . .Any allusions to seriousness or some profoundness in a film where the protagonist wears a cape and has 300 like abs once he dons a suit are ridiculous. The Bale batman needs to lighten up a bit and more. Plus the Dark Knight film was bloody long. Like Kilode. almost three hours.

The same thing with the Inception film. Dreams are such an intriguing subject, there is a reason we only get them when we are asleep. And that is promptly what I did after about an hour of the film. SLEEP.
Kai! lol . . .  grin  grin

And oh, @all,
It came to my attention few months ago that the concept behind Inception is actually NOT new. Some of you may know my big sister Jennifer Garner, the series she acted called "Alias". Yes. I've been rewatching the entire series from season 1 and lo and behold, a particular episode (in season 3) that is literally a 1-hr Inception. Almost identical the Inception writer must be the same person or took a big bite from them. So I retract my earlier praise of calling Inception novel . . . somebody owes somebody on Alias plenty of royalties for biting on their idea . . . unless of course it turns out to be the same script-writer.
Re: The Movie Club by JeSoul(f): 3:47pm On Feb 03, 2011
KazeKage1:

@vesc
The useless spambot angry
Lol. Sorry ehn . . .
Re: The Movie Club by v3: 3:59pm On Feb 03, 2011
JeSoul:

Lol. Sorry ehn . . .
Thanks wink
Re: The Movie Club by vescucci(m): 4:31pm On Feb 03, 2011
Lol, Jay. If God put you in charge of hell's interior decor, men, wouldn't we be really screwed. Don't worry, I'll make you love Memento if it's the last thing I do. You must tell me what you don't like about it o. As for Inception's idea well, it's conceivable two different people thought of the same thing but I'll have to see that Alias episode to determine how copious and liberal the thieving was. I think it's a wrap with Shutter Island. Let's get a move on people.
Re: The Movie Club by obinna5000(m): 4:54pm On Feb 03, 2011
Let's round up the review.
Re: The Movie Club by JeSoul(f): 5:36pm On Feb 03, 2011
vescucci:

Lol, Jay. If God put you in charge of hell's interior decor, men, wouldn't we be really screwed.
Lol. Nah . . . I'm really a saint just playing pretend cool

Don't worry, I'll make you love Memento if it's the last thing I do. You must tell me what you don't like about it o.
Its quite simple. Everything.

As for Inception's idea well, it's conceivable two different people thought of the same thing but I'll have to see that Alias episode to determine how copious and liberal the thieving was. I think it's a wrap with Shutter Island. Let's get a move on people.
I'll try to send you the link. I've been watching the whole thing on Tudou.com cool you already know I gat links like that cheesy
Re: The Movie Club by v3: 6:37pm On Feb 03, 2011
Next movie review list.  cool

The Tourist
172 Hours
Scott Pilgrim vs The world
Love and Other drugs
Re: The Movie Club by Vieira(m): 10:23pm On Feb 03, 2011
Scott Pilgrim!
Re: The Movie Club by lalaboi(m): 12:57am On Feb 04, 2011
The Tourist!
Re: The Movie Club by Kunbee: 1:00am On Feb 04, 2011
^^useless movie
Re: The Movie Club by lalaboi(m): 1:29am On Feb 04, 2011
^^
Oga choose movie wey you want make dem review. . wether rubbush or useless or out of this world . . choose a movie grin
Re: The Movie Club by Kunbee: 1:54am On Feb 04, 2011
I have not watched the rest grin
Re: The Movie Club by lalaboi(m): 2:04am On Feb 04, 2011
then what are you waiting for? tongue
Re: The Movie Club by v3: 7:57am On Feb 04, 2011
The Tourist - 1 vote
Scott Pilgrim - 1 vote

Waiting on the others. . Good Morning peeps smiley
Re: The Movie Club by justkunmi(m): 9:42am On Feb 04, 2011
See discussions cheesy

ok. . wrapping Shutter Island up. (and this is the part i hate. . calculating the *ping* average) sad

@vesc. .
we'll compare notes. .
Re: The Movie Club by justkunmi(m): 9:49am On Feb 04, 2011
Shutter Island Review Summary

General comments; Good movie with a good twist. The movie is what you make of it. You either decide its very good or absolutely ridiculous. and on that quality alone. . you should see this movie.

Average review rating.: 67.37

Next movie on review. . . .
pls suggest.
Re: The Movie Club by obinna5000(m): 2:13pm On Feb 04, 2011
v3:

The Tourist - 1 vote
Scott Pilgrim - 1 vote

@v3
The Tourist = undecided
Scott Pilgrim vs. The World = undecided embarassed

justkunmi:

Shutter Island Review Summary

General comments; Good movie with a good twist. The movie is what you make of it. You either decide its very good or absolutely ridiculous. and on that quality alone. . you should see this movie.

Average review rating.: 67.37

Next movie on review. . . .
pls suggest.

@JK
The rating is poor.
Re: The Movie Club by justkunmi(m): 2:17pm On Feb 04, 2011
obi
the rating is poor or my math is poor? sad
Re: The Movie Club by obinna5000(m): 2:22pm On Feb 04, 2011
@JK
The average rating the movie got at the end of the day is poor.
Re: The Movie Club by justkunmi(m): 2:31pm On Feb 04, 2011
meaning my math is poor. . . angry cry
Re: The Movie Club by obinna5000(m): 2:36pm On Feb 04, 2011
justkunmi:

meaning my math is poor. . . angry cry

@JK
NO!! Meaning the movie didn't fair well with most viewers.
Re: The Movie Club by justkunmi(m): 2:45pm On Feb 04, 2011
bwahahaha. . grin grin cheesy grin
was jus messin with ya bruv,
i knew what you meant.
Re: The Movie Club by obinna5000(m): 2:53pm On Feb 04, 2011
@justkunmi
What's next for review??

Make nobody suggest "The Green Hornet" (2011).  angry Waste of money.  angry
Re: The Movie Club by justkunmi(m): 3:07pm On Feb 04, 2011
av u seen any of the oscar movies?
Re: The Movie Club by obinna5000(m): 3:12pm On Feb 04, 2011
justkunmi:

av u seen any of the oscar movies?

@JK
I've seen some.
Re: The Movie Club by JeSoul(f): 3:43pm On Feb 04, 2011
v3, Vieira was supposed to pick a movie next . . . no qualms, he can go right after you.

I haven't seen any of the flicks on your list so its the sidelines for me for this round.
Re: The Movie Club by ijawgirl: 4:23pm On Feb 04, 2011
harry potter

(1) (2) (3) ... (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) ... (96) (Reply)

Tboss Bares Her Boobs As Kemen Rinses Her Body After A Dark Bath At BBNaija / NTA Cartoons and programmes Of The 70s, 80s And 90s / Photo Of Thin Tall Tony And Family

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.