Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,367 members, 7,819,319 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:20 PM

Nigerian Govt. Lied, UN Meeting It Failed To Attend Not “Unofficial” - PremiumT - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Govt. Lied, UN Meeting It Failed To Attend Not “Unofficial” - PremiumT (39749 Views)

Fayose Is Right! Federal Govt Lied about the N5,000 Stipend. / Rivers Rerun: Nwaogu Of PDP Caught Giving Orders To Hijack Ballot Box - PremiumT / Presidency Lied, UN Meeting On Insurgency Shunned By Buhari Yielded $6.8m – PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Govt. Lied, UN Meeting It Failed To Attend Not “Unofficial” - PremiumT by Nobody: 12:44pm On Sep 27, 2015
Even though na d meeting be d first on schedule, Buhari no need to attend am because it is unnecessary. Na now UN eye open about boko haram abi? Wetin dem do since all this while? Wetin dem do to assist GEJ? Hypocrites! Na when boko haram don kon de weak dem know say dem go do something about the mess, to claim glory wey no be deir own. Na wetin make Buhari ignore the meeting. UN and the international community cannot fool us anymore, their conspiracy and hypocrisy no go work again. Buhari even try sef as he attend the UNGA, if na me I for no go atall. See as dem de make noise because Buhari absent, na wetin dem sabi do pass be dat....to paint you black. FYI, am not apc or pdp fan, am just a concerned citizen.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Govt. Lied, UN Meeting It Failed To Attend Not “Unofficial” - PremiumT by Daplux4: 12:45pm On Sep 27, 2015
saaedlee:
Protocols are protocols, u don't break them anyhow. If this wasn't on the schedule, you wouldn't blame The Nigerian Government for not attending. This reminds me of one of the events that led to quarrel between Mrs. Jonathan and Fmr. Rivers State Governor.

Why do people like to twiste issue in other to hide the truth, the question you should ask are was mr president dully informed if yes then why did he see it as unofficial
Re: Nigerian Govt. Lied, UN Meeting It Failed To Attend Not “Unofficial” - PremiumT by tafrica(m): 12:48pm On Sep 27, 2015
Let's accept no official invitation was sent to Nigeria, can we ask ourselves if Chad, Niger and cameroon that were present were sent official invitation. I believe being one of UN nations present at the conference and also being one of BH-hit nations, we shouldn't wait for official invite as there is no news about Chad, Niger and cameroon waiting for invitation.
We can conclude that Pa Buhari and his delegates went to USA for sight seeing and photo sessions. Very unserious of govt that claims his priority is security/bokoharam.
APC has taken its lying prowess to international. SHAMEFUL!!!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Govt. Lied, UN Meeting It Failed To Attend Not “Unofficial” - PremiumT by onatisi(m): 12:49pm On Sep 27, 2015
This government will be the biggest fraud in the history of Nigeria.the signs are already manifesting but ppl are refusing to accept the truth but with time ppls eyes will clear. Apc criminals will use buhari name to loot this nation dry. A government that lies every week and gives 3 different versions of a story each time is the greatest potential fraud of the century

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Govt. Lied, UN Meeting It Failed To Attend Not “Unofficial” - PremiumT by TonyeBarcanista(m): 12:51pm On Sep 27, 2015
nigerianvenom:

the lies is becoming embarrassing.
i quoted u few days ago and i was ban,don't know why cos i didn't even used any derogatory word
Was it spambot?
Re: Nigerian Govt. Lied, UN Meeting It Failed To Attend Not “Unofficial” - PremiumT by onatisi(m): 12:51pm On Sep 27, 2015
Daplux4:

Why do people like to twiste issue in other to hide the truth, the question you should ask are was mr president dully informed if yes then why did he see it as unofficial
wait for liar Mohammed version of the story. He will tell you buhari was in that meeting in an unofficial capacity and that other people didn't see him because he disguised his appearance

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Govt. Lied, UN Meeting It Failed To Attend Not “Unofficial” - PremiumT by philips70(m): 12:52pm On Sep 27, 2015
Firefire:

We would discuss any media who showcase the cluelessness of this 'Super Clueless' government irrespective of the methodology, most especially on matter affecting Nigeria.

This does not however give credibility to the media house as a whole.

In essence we have to engage our selective amnesiac senses when dealing with reports from these media houses.

A promising government that has displayed every sign that this country will be great again is super clueless while you went rogue to campaign for votes for a government that destroyed every sense of belonging in Nigerians to continue. Una crase go soon cure, grab your bench. I only hope you don't develop HBP before 2019.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Govt. Lied, UN Meeting It Failed To Attend Not “Unofficial” - PremiumT by anytexy: 12:54pm On Sep 27, 2015
Daplux4:

Apc can never make mistake . As long as it is Sai Baba. SMH

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Govt. Lied, UN Meeting It Failed To Attend Not “Unofficial” - PremiumT by anwo247: 12:55pm On Sep 27, 2015
Ofcourse APC wld rather lie than say sorry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Govt. Lied, UN Meeting It Failed To Attend Not “Unofficial” - PremiumT by Nobody: 12:55pm On Sep 27, 2015
nationwide1:

If you have succeeded in branding the meeting unofficial, do you mean the meetings Baba and his entourage had with Clinton, Gordon Brown and King of Spain were scheduled for in the UN events thereby conferring on them "official " status?
You have to understand how things work at the UN. The general assembly of heads of government is the purpose of the trip. Other UN agencies, governments and influential bodies would utilize the opportunity offered by high level government delegations to schedule meetings on the sideline. NO government attends all meetings she's invited to. Such government must chose as a matter of priority which to attend. Nigeria chose not to attend the meeting in question which doesn't fall within the official purpose of the trip.
Re: Nigerian Govt. Lied, UN Meeting It Failed To Attend Not “Unofficial” - PremiumT by Daplux4: 12:56pm On Sep 27, 2015
lurther:
Propaganda government.

They don't even report the incessant bombings that has been worse of in the last two weeks, so as to portray this government as a working and efficient government.

But guess what? As they hide all this bombings happening everyday in the north, the question is: who does it affect? It is still the same northerners that are being bombed and killed everyday and they think they are doing them good hiding the everyday killings.

Anyway, wetin concern me, if they like the report the Boko harm bombings, if they like, let them don't report, I just hope we don't wake up one morning in this country and here that Borno state as a whole is no more existent. I guess the Media is doing Borno state and North in general good by not reporting recent Boko Haram bombings.

Besides, please where is Oby-Ezekwesili? Anyone knows about where is this woman is now?

I thougth she will be named the finance minister for her contribution
Re: Nigerian Govt. Lied, UN Meeting It Failed To Attend Not “Unofficial” - PremiumT by hamingra: 12:57pm On Sep 27, 2015
luche90:

Margaret Bassher of the UN was interviewed by Garba Umar of ChannelsTV newstrack today. She confirmed that the meeting was official and that the President was scheduled to be at the meeting. She was bemused at the fact that the President CANCELLED his appearance at the meeting shortly before it commenced.

You are still not getting my point. the politics at UN is very much alive, and every govt plays it's card according to how it perceives it. PMB is not a dumb person and certainly not surrounded by dumb people. If he says it was not official, it simply means who ever convened the meeting did not consult Nigeria and as such, he owed them nothing if he fails to attend
Re: Nigerian Govt. Lied, UN Meeting It Failed To Attend Not “Unofficial” - PremiumT by Firefire(m): 12:58pm On Sep 27, 2015
philips70:

In essence we have to engage our selective amnesiac senses when dealing with reports from these media houses.

A promising government that has displayed every sign that this country will be great again is super clueless while you went rogue to campaign for votes for a government that destroyed every sense of belonging in Nigerians to continue. Una crase go soon cure, grab your bench. I only hope you don't develop HBP before 2019.

Phillips my good friend.

This your concoction in bold cannot be substantiated with any empirical evidence.

Like I use to say, the last administration of GEJ remains the best to have happened to Nigeria since independence, without considering APC media caricature and campaign of calumny.

So far, Nigerians are yet to see the essence of the promised Change.

The change still remains a mirage and better view in 3D.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Govt. Lied, UN Meeting It Failed To Attend Not “Unofficial” - PremiumT by hamingra: 12:59pm On Sep 27, 2015
mexzzy47:

like seriously did u really typed this rubbish...... #CommonSenseUnoGet

Yes my oga and that rubbish says if you accuse someone of lying, make sure you have evidence. What PT stated was hearsay. Hope you get it
Re: Nigerian Govt. Lied, UN Meeting It Failed To Attend Not “Unofficial” - PremiumT by arsetalks(m): 12:59pm On Sep 27, 2015
Watch how idiotic wailers will believe this story but when it is one against PDP, they will claim it is a lie.
Re: Nigerian Govt. Lied, UN Meeting It Failed To Attend Not “Unofficial” - PremiumT by sarutobie(m): 1:00pm On Sep 27, 2015
anytexy:
God bless you. Buhari and his gullible supporters are perfect they can never make mistake. SMH
there you are mistaken, they are not "gullible"..Most of them are on a payroll..so good or bad they are here and there to sing praises like the sycophant they are.
Re: Nigerian Govt. Lied, UN Meeting It Failed To Attend Not “Unofficial” - PremiumT by nationwide1(m): 1:01pm On Sep 27, 2015
kITATITA:

You have to understand how things work at the UN. The general assembly of heads of government is the purpose of the trip. Other UN agencies, governments and influential bodies would utilize the opportunity offered by high level government delegations to schedule meetings on the sideline. NO government attends all meetings she's invited to. Such government must chose as a matter of priority which to attend. Nigeria chose not to attend the meeting in question which doesn't fall within the official purpose of the trip.
But Nigeria's greatest problem today is insurgency. Anything / any meeting / any idea that would help in eradicating insurgency will be welcomed with both hands by the people of Nigeria.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Govt. Lied, UN Meeting It Failed To Attend Not “Unofficial” - PremiumT by hamingra: 1:01pm On Sep 27, 2015
shalomm:

you get sense at-all?

Not at all! Was hoping to borrow some from you!
Re: Nigerian Govt. Lied, UN Meeting It Failed To Attend Not “Unofficial” - PremiumT by TheAdvocate(m): 1:01pm On Sep 27, 2015
saaedlee:
Protocols are protocols, u don't break them anyhow. If this wasn't on the schedule, you wouldn't blame The Nigerian Government for not attending. This reminds me of one of the events that led to quarrel between Mrs. Jonathan and Fmr. Rivers State Governor.

Are yu as stupid as yu sound?
The meeting is about spill over of boko haram and the Lake Chad Basin and it not part of a schedule of a 32 man delegation?
Re: Nigerian Govt. Lied, UN Meeting It Failed To Attend Not “Unofficial” - PremiumT by princejenks(m): 1:02pm On Sep 27, 2015
What do you expect from a selfie obsessed govt that never goes prepared for any international event or engagement?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Govt. Lied, UN Meeting It Failed To Attend Not “Unofficial” - PremiumT by opuama(f): 1:02pm On Sep 27, 2015
hemartins:
I know the Wailers will be so Happy to attack now.
ANd THE LYING LIARS WOULD CONTINUE TO LIE

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Govt. Lied, UN Meeting It Failed To Attend Not “Unofficial” - PremiumT by omonnakoda: 1:05pm On Sep 27, 2015
Where do you shave a head in its absence.
A meting is convened,a "HIGH LEVEL" meeting and is not coordinated with Nigeria.Hmm

I wonder what a LOW LEVEL meeting would look like
Childish stuff
Re: Nigerian Govt. Lied, UN Meeting It Failed To Attend Not “Unofficial” - PremiumT by hamingra: 1:06pm On Sep 27, 2015
kITATITA:

Good talk. No mind these PeeDeePee feefel! Wailers international!
Re: Nigerian Govt. Lied, UN Meeting It Failed To Attend Not “Unofficial” - PremiumT by luvprince4real(m): 1:07pm On Sep 27, 2015
hemartins:
I know the Wailers will be so Happy to attack now.
who is dis unsuccessful goat dat has refused to see anythn wrong in whatever PMB does? Even if it's a town hall meeting about boko haram is ur president not suppose to attend considering hw he claims to care so much for the idp's and d north east in general? If condemning this in strong term makes me a wailer then so be it. If na me be niger or chad president who's diplomats attend d meeting I for don dey suspect Buhari.
Re: Nigerian Govt. Lied, UN Meeting It Failed To Attend Not “Unofficial” - PremiumT by hamingra: 1:08pm On Sep 27, 2015
sarutobie:

there you are mistaken, they are not "gullible"..Most of them are on a payroll..so good or bad they are here and there to sing praises like the sycophant they are.

Come wetin you smoke? You think everyone is like you!
Re: Nigerian Govt. Lied, UN Meeting It Failed To Attend Not “Unofficial” - PremiumT by ritux: 1:08pm On Sep 27, 2015
The supreme leader can miss a meeting on security as long as he takes pictures of his trip. That is the major deliverable of the UN general assembly for him and his supporters.

SMH

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Govt. Lied, UN Meeting It Failed To Attend Not “Unofficial” - PremiumT by Nobody: 1:11pm On Sep 27, 2015
nationwide1:

But Nigeria's greatest problem today is insurgency. Anything / any meeting / any idea that would help in eradicating insurgency will be welcomed with both hands by the people of Nigeria.

You are very correct. However the meeting in question was not scheduled to discuss insurgency. It is a habitat meeting to discuss funding for the resettlement of persons displaced by Boko Haram insurgency. Of what effect would a small office outside the UN mainstream achieve in such discussions. Shouldn't Nigeria be speaking directly with those that can raise funds for the IDP and those that can influence action; not ineffectual bureaucracy which wants to use the country to advance it's own existence.
Re: Nigerian Govt. Lied, UN Meeting It Failed To Attend Not “Unofficial” - PremiumT by philips70(m): 1:12pm On Sep 27, 2015
Firefire:

Phillips my good friend.

This your concoction in bold cannot be substantiated with any empirical evidence.

Like I use to say, the last administration of GEJ remains the best to have happened to Nigeria since independence, without considering APC media caricature and campaign of calumny.

So far, Nigerians are yet to see the essence of the promised Change.

The change still remains a mirage and better view in 3D.

A government where there were no differences between personal and government accounts, senseless looting the order of the day is the best government since independence? Do you live in Nigeria at all? When you guys refer to realities that stared everyone in the face as APC media propaganda one cannot help but just laugh. I have lived through many governments in Nigeria, a living witness to all that happened throughout the last 5yrs, I do not need a media house to tell me any cock and bull stories. The last government was actually the worst to have happened to Nigeria since independence, Abacha and IBB's government inclusive. We are alive, we will see it all. No need to be in a hurry.
Re: Nigerian Govt. Lied, UN Meeting It Failed To Attend Not “Unofficial” - PremiumT by codedguy1(m): 1:12pm On Sep 27, 2015
If only someone had appointed FA minister!
Re: Nigerian Govt. Lied, UN Meeting It Failed To Attend Not “Unofficial” - PremiumT by OrlandoOwoh(m): 1:14pm On Sep 27, 2015
nationwide1:
Some zombies were busy insulting themselves yesterday that the meeting was unofficial and as such was unnecessary.

Truth can only be suspended but can never be truncated.
So Premium Times can say the "truth", I thought it's an APC's propaganda machine?
Re: Nigerian Govt. Lied, UN Meeting It Failed To Attend Not “Unofficial” - PremiumT by sarutobie(m): 1:14pm On Sep 27, 2015
hamingra:

Come wetin you smoke? You think everyone is like you!
Are you one of the praise singing sycophants?
Re: Nigerian Govt. Lied, UN Meeting It Failed To Attend Not “Unofficial” - PremiumT by totorimi: 1:14pm On Sep 27, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:
The Lies of the lying liars have gone international

They avoided it to dodge embarrassing moment since they have no solution the problem only to come back lie to those they've always lied to. How can Boko haram issue be discussed at the UN and some enslaved bigot is telling us that it was unofficial anyway they know those they are telling.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Obasanjo Visits Femi Fani-Kayode And His Wife At Their Residence / Kashim Shettima Celebrates His 56th Birthday (Photos) / Nigerian Man Honoured In Spain For Saving Life Of A Spanish Citizen. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.